As a public service, last night I sat through a little over six hours’ worth of televised coverage of Day Two of the Democrats’ Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina. Within 20 minutes, I had a splitting headache from all the screaming and yelling and about halfway through watching this I felt sick to my stomach, tingly, and drained emotionally…it’s what I imagine radiation poisoning would feel like. The Democrat Party has become thoroughly toxic in the energy it chooses to put out into the world, with Democrat speakers taking the stage as angry, Alinsky acolytes who kept screaming to the crowd to “rise up!” and “fight” the enemy…often identified as the Tea Party or conservatives in general. Speaking as someone who was a Democrat until 2008, I honestly don’t recognize these people as my former party.
I watched previous Democrat conventions — and there was always some element of the screaming and yelling and the “fight our enemies” garbage — but it was never nonstop, wall to wall, like this. It was never this toxic or unhinged. The grown-ups were always in control and the radicals were kept on leashes or locked up in the attic. But here in 2012, the inmates have taken over the Democrats’ asylum and the end result isn’t pretty. I just don’t understand how any of this would come across as appealing to people who consider themselves “independent” politically.
Here are the Top Ten Things You Need to Know About Day Two of the Democrats’ Convention so you can be aware of just how crazy things got last night:
10. The Democrats no longer use the donkey as a symbol, but instead plaster “The Eye of Obama” over everything. Have you noticed this? I find it disturbing, but Democrats don’t have a donkey to be found this year at their convention: it is all about the Obama “O” emblem, which I call “The Eye of Obama”. On the jumbotron screen that Democrats installed behind the speaking platform in the convention hall the “Eye of Obama” appears in the transition from one speaker to another or to introduce the next prepared video segment. The Eye of Obama is sort of the host of the show. It actually takes the place of the Democrat Party’s logo, which is also nowhere to be found. There is almost nothing on display that has any connection to the Democrat Party I used to know back in the day. I can remember at previous conventions there were little donkeys on the bunting decorating the place, donkeys up on the screen as a logo for the party, and people wearing little donkey hats and things. Now, it’s all about the “Eye of Obama” and sporting gear that bears Obama’s face or his emblem in some way. It doesn’t remind me of a Democrats’ Convention as much as it resembles something from Saddam Hussein’s Iraq where his face or personal symbols would be omnipresent…or the old Soviet Union that had Lenin plastered on everything and those Soviet hammers and sickles all over the place. It’s just creepy and deliberate that Democrats have replaced the donkey with “The Eye of Obama”. This is purposeful rebranding that seeks to enforce complete loyalty to Obama.
9. Spanish-speaking Democrats slip into Spanish to scream things into the crowd but don’t translate what they said, giving the impression they’re saying in Spanish what they couldn’t get away with in English. I’m going to say this so you don’t have to, in case you feel the need to be politically correct…but I can’t stand hearing Spanish spoken. I don’t like listening to people with thick accents who stumble over words or who don’t speak clearly in English. I don’t buy that “this is just how they talk” because when I was in high school learning French my teacher Mademoiselle Galati would hammer me for pronouncing anything in French with my Midwestern American accent. In college, my Chinese teacher Tao Laoshi would try to make my American accent disappear when I was speaking Mandarin. Do ESL teachers not tell any of these Spanish-speakers that they sound terrible in English? I don’t accept that they’re incapable of speaking clearly, but that perhaps their ESL teachers are just afraid of telling these people that they’ve got mush in their mouths when they speak in English. I also don’t like when Democrats like Luiz Gutierrez take to the podium and scream into the crowd, then break into Spanish to ratchet things up but don’t translate for non-Spanish-speakers. He did that last night, where he clearly was screaming about Jan Brewer in Arizona…and I caught him saying that Brewer is an “amiga” of Mitt Romney’s. The Democrats have declared all out war on Jan Brewer and are obsessed with her. If you don’t have an autographed picture of Brewer hanging on your wall, you need to get one because anyone who Democrats choose to single out and direct the Alinsky Death Star at is someone who should be a personal hero of yours. I have no idea what Gutierrez was screaming about Brewer but this vile reptile’s eyes pulled back and his face turned bright red while he went after her and Mitt Romney. Must be doing something right to get this sort of reaction from the open borders advocates!
8. Elizabeth “Fauxcahontas” Warren is a rabid Marxist wearing the costume of a school marm. Last night was the first time I’d ever heard Warren speak, and she does this weird verbal tic where she pants like a dog here and there while she’s talking. PANT, PANT. She does it, I think, to seem incredulous about whatever she was just talking about…like, “Can you believe this?”, PANT, PANT. It’s the kind of thing an actress on Saturday Night Live would do mockingly…and I think Steve Martin used this a lot in the 70s. Warren is clearly deranged and is the most rabid Marxist I’ve ever seen appear on stage at a Democrat event. She, however, has the fortune (or misfortune, depending on how you see it) to be walking the Earth in the body of a seemingly innocuous school marm. I actually had women like this as professors in college…who seemed pleasant and non-threatening but were insane from too many years cloistered in academia. For some reason, being on a college campus for more years than it takes to earn a degree does something to these people…where they develop a loathing for the way the world works and decide that the things they read about in their academic journals could create some sort of utopia if only “we could level the playing field”. That’s code for taking the power of the government and forcing it into every aspect of life, in the name of fairness. If Democrats had someone like Luiz Gutierrez screaming about this or one of the angry black speakers ranting and raving on the topic, it would not be nearly as effective as having school marm Warren stand there and calmly tell us how “leveling the playing field” is the answer to everything. PANT, PANT. This woman is dangerous because she’s so good at hiding all the crazy inside her and coming across as just a college professor. If elected, she’d instantly be the most radical person to hold a seat in the Senate in generations…and most people wouldn’t even notice because she comes off so non-threateningly when she speaks.
7. Democrats have reduced women to unthinking vagina monsters who crave nonstop sex and enjoy killing their babies. I can’t even remember how many women they had get up to advocate abortion last night, because they all sort of blurred together. I remember one of them was Ann Richards’ daughter, Cecile, who thinks abortion is the greatest thing ever. I want to tell you something about my feelings about abortion because I think it illustrates what the Pro-Life movement has done wrong for the last quarter century. I went to Catholic School and we had a Pro-Life club. I’ve always loved babies and have never understood why anyone would want to kill them so I thought this might be a good club for me to join as an extracurricular activity and to make new friends when I was a freshman in high school. I went to exactly one meeting because all these people did was pass around posters and flyers showing gruesome, bloody images of babies’ body parts post-abortion. It was stomach-turning. I don’t know what showing all that gruesome horror was supposed to do to me, but it turned me off the Pro-Life club and made me think everyone involved with it was crazy for being so obsessed with that imagery. The Democrat Party told me the Pro-Life people were insane and that seemed believable since I had seen them obsessed with the blood and the gore. As a male, I was also taught by Democrats that I should defer to women on the issue of abortion because I’d never know what it was like to be pregnant. After coming out as gay, I was further told that this was not an issue for me since I’d clearly never have a situation where I was involved in an unwanted pregnancy. That’s pretty much where I coasted on all this from the age of 18 until about a year or so ago when it occurred to me that the Pro-Life movement’s branding and marketing strategy should be focused on bringing people’s attention to the fact that abortion is really about a woman’s legal right to kill a baby growing inside her. No need to focus on the gore and the blood…just calmly and politely call abortion “the killing of a baby inside the womb” and whenever Democrats bring to the stage someone who advocates this practice, just refer to her as “that lady who wants to kill the babies”. Do not use the word “choose” or the “Right to Choose” marketing that Democrats use; instead call it “the Right to Kill Babies”. It’s actually inaccurate to say that this is an issue of “choice” because no one can regulate your brain and whether or not you can choose to do something. The real legal issue is whether a woman can actually go somewhere to have the baby growing inside her killed. The law says she is allowed to do that, and she is able to kill her baby. Whether you think that is right or wrong is up to you, but I’d like to see people use terminology that Democrats don’t approve to talk about all this. Words matter, folks. I know that conservatives never seem to understand that, but everything changes in politics if you JUST STOP using the words that Democrats want you to use for things. Where Democrats paint someone like Ann Richards daughter Cecile as “a hero” for taking the stage to talk about “Choice” I see her as monstrous for getting up there to say how great it is to “kill babies”. As someone who loves every chance I get to play with a baby or to see him or her starting to learn and understand the world around him or her, I think Cecile is a monster and I believe her mother Ann would be ashamed of her if she was alive today…and I note that if Ann had been so hung-ho in love with killing babies that perhaps Cecile would not be here today. I think there would also be fewer Ceciles who’d want to take to a stage like this if only people stopped using the words Democrats wanted them to use for abortion and abortion advocacy. I have to put it on my list of things to do to change this and I hope you join me in that.
6. Bill Clinton was there last night to make sure black people don’t hate the Clintons and ensure blacks will back Hillary in 2016. It’s amazing to me how many conservatives never understand what the Clintons “are up to” at any given point. I don’t think they’re very mysterious and I think they telegraph what they are planning quite well. My boyfriend Justin’s mother is unhinged when it comes to the Clintons and texted him all through Bill’s speech last night; Justin’s parents have been obsessed with the Clintons for years. I have a secret fantasy of asking Hillary the next time I see her at something to give Justin’s mother a call on the phone to say hi. I think it would be like when Mary Hart’s voice on the TV supposedly gave that one woman seizures in the early 90s. The reason Bill Clinton spoke last night was largely because he loves attention and knows his health issues mean he doesn’t have too many more Conventions to speak at. Bill is not going to be a Jimmy Carter who is hanging around politics into his 80s, because unfortunately Big Dawg has a bad heart and won’t be with us for much longer. I like the man and find him endlessly entertaining and can tell you that he’s so charming it is genuinely exciting to stand there in a line getting the chance to shake his hand and have him tower over you because he’s a giant in person. I will miss him greatly when he is gone. Last night was all about getting black people to remember how much they used to love the Clintons before they had a black president to fixate on. Clinton was repairing any lingering fallout from 2008 when Hillary ran against the black man in the primaries and black people’s racism caused them to hate the Clintons for a while “for trying to stand in the way of the first black president”. Bill and Hillary need blacks to come back on board for 2016 and for them to forget they were ever mad at the Clintons. So Bill praised Michelle Obama’s speech the night before (and it was a good speech from someone who worked hard to improve her public speaking abilities) and he stood there and said all the right things to make black people leave that convention hall saying, “I always liked him…he sure did go out there and work hard for Obama!”. Hillary Clinton was as far away from this Convention as was humanly possible. Last night, she was in the Cook Islands in the South Pacific. She pulled that trick in 2010 for the mid-term elections when she was on a beach in Papua New Guinea as Democrats were creamed at the polls. I bet she will be in New Zealand or on Easter Island or someplace like that when Democrats lose big on November 6th, too. Hillary wants none of the blame for anything happening domestically to Democrats…and at the same time Bill Clinton is doing brand repair with blacks to make sure they don’t blame the Clintons in any way for Obama’s loss. This is not mysterious behavior…it all makes perfect sense if you just realize that the 2016 race for the Democrat nomination has already begun.
5. Sandra Fluke is a skilled opportunist who seeks a career on MSNBC. I’m not going to say a lot about this woman because she didn’t say much of substance herself up on the stage but she did strike me as someone who is very media-savvy. I don’t know where her ultimate end game is, but she’s clearly angling for something in broadcasting, probably on MSNBC. I’d say she was a sure bet for this if not for MSNBC already having Rachel Maddow and Fluke looks too much like her. I think that’s why Fluke is growing out her hair. Expect to see more of her in the future as she continues her attempt to extend her 15 minutes of fame. She might end up on The Today Show at the rate they burn through female anchors.
4. Angry black men ranting and raving in “preacher voice” punctuates the night. There were more angry black men screaming and yelling the first night of the Convention, but last night we had Al Green (not the singer) and Emanuel Cleaver ranting and raving and trying to do “that preacher voice”. Are you as sick of hearing this stuff as I am? It feels so 2008 to me. I’m left wondering who exactly it appeals to when they put a bunch of angry black men up on the stage to SCREAM and YELL at people through the television. Back before Obama was elected, I imagine these guys were meant to scare and bully people who had white guilt and were so sorry that somebody in the past used to have slaves hundreds of years ago. But in 2012, these guys are just screaming and yelling. I think they’ve lost almost all of their psychological power. It’s not PC to talk about these clowns, but I think it’s time to start holding black men and Hispanic screamers and yellers to the same standards we hold everyone else. If you have something to say, you need to use your indoor voice. If you start screaming and yelling, I’m going to turn your volumed down for you because you cease making any sense when you start ranting and raving. I have no idea what either Al Green or Emanuel Cleaver said last night and I doubt even the black people in the audience could tell you what they were talking about…just that they were loud and “their speeches were good”. That’s the low bar for a “good speech” by a black Democrat: be loud, make it feel like there’s some church up in here, and get angry because that means “you’re passionate and know what you are talking about”. This stuff gives me a headache and makes me laugh at the same time because it’s just so fake and ridiculous when you really think about it.
3. Democrats keep insisting that Barack Obama “stopped us from going into Second Great Depression” and “saved the Auto Industry”. i hate to be the one to bring you this bad news, but we’re in a Depression right now. The corrupt media is not calling it this, yet, but they will in spring or summer of 2013 when Romney is president. I looked back at the Great Depression and people didn’t actually even call THAT a Depression until years later. All of this talk from Democrats about “we’re in a recovery!” and “the auto industry has been saved!” and “4.5 million jobs were created!” is bunk and I can’t imagine people on the ground fall for this. If anything, people hear this and wonder, “what planet are Democrats on?”. Here’s the thing, and I hope you can understand this, but ever since I was a kid I’ve heard in school how Herbert Hoover was a bad person because he caused the Depression. This is not true, and Hoover was actually a good man who just happened to be in office when the Depression hit. I don’t think there was anything Hoover could have done to stop it, though he didn’t make things any better. Retrospect lets us see things more clearly than Hooever ever could. But Democrats have for many years been, to a lot of people, the “ones who got us out of the Depression with FDR” while Republicans have been “the ones like Hoover who caused the Depression”. Democrats live in daily terror of losing this dynamic with the public. Democrats are afraid people will wake up and realize that Barack Obama caused a new Depression. That’s why they are beating a drum loudly now saying that “Obama stopped a New Depression”. It’s an Alinsky tactic to set things up to blame your opponent (or “enemy”, as Democrats would say) for something that in reality YOU did. Democrats are setting the stage for next year when they will say that Romney caused the Depression and that we wouldn’t have had it if only Obama was re-elected. I really hope the public doesn’t let them get away with that one and that Obama gets to be the new “Hoover” since Obamanomics and Obamacare are what strangled the recovery we were in back in 2009 and sent us spiraling back down into what became a Depression. The auto industry is not saved and will most likely collapse as we know it in 2013, after the election…and that too will be blamed on Romney. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news in all this, but it’s true if you care to see through the Democrats’ marketing efforts and look for the truth.
2. Democrats claimed that Romney/Ryan will destroy Medicare and cost seniors $6,000 or $2,000 depending on who was talking. I’m not really going to waste too much time on this stuff because I think none of it matters when people hear Paul Ryan talk. There were quite a few people up there who tried to paint both Romney and Ryan as evil, and I just don’t think the public is going to fall for it when they hear Ryan speak. His voice alone comes off as the polar opposite of evil and when they hear him string a few sentences together and can see this guy loves and knows MATH very well, they will listen to him. For whatever reason, Americans love listening to a fresh new face that comes into the room and tells them that we are facing serious problems but he knows a way to overcome them and we can still save the day. People thought that person was Obama in 2008 and they gave him a chance, but he failed. In 2012, I truly believe people are going to see that Paul Ryan has the answers. They will give him a chance. Mitt Romney is the CEO who is standing behind Ryan and vouching for him and the two of them are the turnaround team that Americans are used to seeing enter the room when a company is in trouble. There is nothing that Democrats can do to change any of this.
1. Democrats booed God and the fact that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel. This really happened. On live TV. It was near the very start of the proceedings last night, where Governor Ted Strickland had to perform the task of re-inserting the word “God” and the fact that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel into the Democrats’ platform. The camera clearly showed Muslim Democrats (holding signs saying ARAB DEMOCRATS) howling at this. The male Muslim SCREAMED into the crowd, shook his hands, and made cursing gestures over the Jerusalem issue. He was deranged and enraged and behaved pretty much like Muslims do when they are on camera in the Middle East. The hatred in that convention center for both God and Israel was palpable. The Mayor of LA Antonio Vigarealo-something or another didn’t know what to do. It was so awkward. So much hate erupting all at once, so spontaneously…and I can imagine the producers of the Convention were just thinking, “Don’t let your masks slip! There are cameras rolling! Don’t show them who we really are!”.
But this is in fact WHO Democrats really ARE. This is why I want nothing to do with this party ever again and why I will never vote for another Democrat in all my life (not even Hillary in 2016, though I do want her to make history as the first female nominee). I just don’t want anything to do with the party of screaming and yelling, pure hatred for God and Israel, and the party that revels in killing babies.
Honestly, even sitting here remembering last night while typing this up I feel toxic and radioactive from all that bad energy.
I swear, the Democrat party back when it still used that donkey symbol was not like this. It’s the Eye of Obama that has brought this all on and revealed all the toxic hatred in these people. I don’t know if the party will ever go back to how it used to be, but these radical elements were just never so pronounced and celebrated in the past.
© 2012, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone