Here’s an example of the kind of commercial that the Obama team is airing. Not only is this ad disgusting, but it also represesnts the Obama base: Young, stupid women. Rush Limbaugh refers to these Obama worshippers as “morons”. He couldn’t be more right. Yuck.
KD Note: I just had to comment on this video that The Tamminator found (honestly…doesn’t she do a great job in picking up these things? I’m grateful she keeps on top of these ads).
One of the courses I took in college for my political science major was a class on American political ads…which went all the way back to the colonial period. This was in the late-90s, so I think the last campaign we studied was Clinton vs. Dole…and I believe the last ad we talked about wasn’t even an ad, but was the news networks repeatedly playing images of Dole falling off a stage at an event and cementing the idea in people’s heads that he was a doddering old man who was weak and mushy. Which is sad, because I’ve met Dole and he’s a very nice guy…and a HERO for his WWII service…but he was a terrible candidate to run against Clinton.
I’ve never seen a political ad as disgusting as the video above. I actually thought the mocking of Dole for his age was sick in its own way. There is no faster way to get on my bad side than to mock anyone for their age or say someone is too old to run for office (especially not a woman…because it’s usually just men that clowns do this to). There were some pretty disgusting things done to both Hillary Clinton and Sarah Palin in 2008 when the Left was pulling out all the stops to attack them in service to Barack Obama…but I don’t think any of them made me stand there with mouth agape thinking “this is so sick” the way I do when I see the above video.
This is sick.
People affiliated with a presidential campaign actually made a commercial that’s a double entendre…and they don’t care who will see this. That’s amazing to me. Democrats really crossed a line here, but I thought they had done that during their convention in Charlotte. This is the kind of stuff that the party would have vetoed back in the days when the Clintons ran things…it not only would not have been allowed to air, but no one associated with it would have been used for any PR work in the future. This ad is just bad on so many levels and really leaves me with an “icky” feeling.
Speaking of which…tonight I was checking to see what the Leftists I monitor on Facebook were up to and I really wanted to screen grab some of the best things they are saying…but they’re surprisingly quiet. There was some bluster after the last debate, with them thinking that Bathhouse Barry had won…and they were crowing that the polls would suddenly show this and that miraculously (for them) all of a sudden Americans would want Obama in office another four years. There was some busy-work on their part posting Big Bird, Binders, and “Battleship/Bayonets” stuff…but it was half-hearted. None of these posts got very many comments or “likes”. It seemed pretty perfunctory.
So, I gave it a few days to see if the lefties would perk back up but all they are talking about is Halloween. A lot of gay guys are going as the cast of “Here Comes Honey Boo Boo”, which is some reality show about a little beauty queen in Georgia with a bad attitude and a pet pig named glitzy. Gays who aren’t going as that are just dressing up as jockstrap or speedo clad “Olympians” and a few are going as Big Bird. It looks like this is a year without a lot of big things to dress as, so many are just wearing generic drag. A few black gay friends here in Chicago are doing tributes to Miss Whitney Elizabeth Houston, which I think is great….and one troupe is doing Whitney through the years (which unfortunately includes a Being Bobby Brown/Crack is Whack Whitney…but also includes an angel Whitney too for her home going).
No political stuff, really. We’ll see what happens as things get closer…and I’ll have to see what goes on at the Halloween parade itself in Boystown…but you would not really know there’s an election happening on Facebook.
Here and there, someone will say something bad about Romney…and some gays are making fun of Ann Romney and saying she looks like “The Bride of Chucky” but more often than not someone will leave a remark (that’s allowed to stand on Facebook) saying “It feels like Obama is going to lose in two weeks”.
I’ve never really bought into the whole Kublar-Ross stages of dying thing, because I think all of us are different, but I do think Leftists have a tendency to follow a certain pattern when they know they are going to lose a big election:
1. Denial = which is classic, but at first they deny there’s anything wrong and try to make each other believe they’ll really win
2. Propaganda = where they overcompensate for their fear of losing by attempting reverse the course of the race by aggressively pumping out apocryphal accounts of how great things are going with the goal of tricking people into thinking that Democrats are the bandwagon to jump onto. So, this is KNOWING that you are losing but trying to fool other people into thinking you’re not.
3. Quiet acceptance and acknowledgement that they are going to lose = which is where things are at, right now, I think. That’s seeing lefties right here and there that “Romney really could win, you know” or “Romney might win Ohio”…and then this gets into the talk of “There are ways to win without Ohio” and all that other sort of rationalization that leads to…
4, Grasping at straws = where scenarios for their victory get more fanciful and dependent on weird variables that no rational person would think could break their way. This is serious fantasy time, but instead of trying to convince others that they can really still win…they are actually just doing this for their own benefit.
5. ANGER = the final stage, which I think will happen after Halloween. You need to understand what a big deal Halloween is for the Left. In a good year, when they are winning, Halloween is an early victory party that gets everyone pumped up right before the election and there are tons of political costumes mocking the other side. This is “rub it in their faces” time. It’s euphoric. But, when the Left knows it is losing they use Halloween as comfort time and say “I don’t want to think of the election I just want to enjoy the holiday”. I think this is why I am seeing a lot of people talking about doing drag or being little Honey Boo Boo this year. When they put on the wigs and the dresses these guys feel like they’re different characters…and most of them have drag names and personalities they whip out when they are in women’s clothes a few times a year. For instance, “Jimmy Kays” might be worried about losing the election but when he becomes “Tiffany Chanel” for Halloween, Miss Tiffany don’t play that and is completely nonplussed. She won’t even talk about the election and will instead just make crude penis jokes all night or “joke” about recently coming back from having an abortion. I’ll never understand it, but a lot of gay guys love “joking” about women having abortions as a means of birth control…and they seem to think that this is a great thing and shows how “strong” a woman is because she can have nonstop sex but then be “brave” enough to kill the little baby inside her that results from promiscuity. Gay guys see this as women somehow sticking it to their families by having abortions their parents wouldn’t approve of. It’s especially celebrate in Boystown when black women have abortions because then there’s less black people as a result…which is something that gay guys openly talk about in comedy nights at clubs here in Chicago.
It’s all really sick…but it stems from the Democrats’ belief that women who act like sluts and use abortion as birth control are “empowered” and are directly challenging their parents, who are more likely than not Republicans…and driving a wedge between daughter and mother is a key goal of the Democrat party…just like driving a wedge between gay guys and their families and gays and the Church.
I think this video above is going to end up being really popular with gay guys on Facebook…because they enjoy this meme that women should be promiscuous and should kill any baby that results from that activity because it’s somehow cool and “modern” to do that…instead of having the baby which would mean the promiscuous city girl would have to get fat and be inconvenienced by it. It’s all so very sad, but this is the result of Democrats’ identify bloc strategies for the last fe decades.
I think after Halloween the anger’s going to start when people realize that “this election is no fun”. Look for November 1st to be a big day, because a lot of these people will be hung over from Halloween and in a grumpy mood to begin with. I also think that “November” itself is a psychological thing for the Left because they’ll know that the election happens in November…and they really can’t avoid thinking about it at that point.
Once the anger is unleashed, it will go to all sorts of targets…including Obama for “f***ing everything up and losing”. Remember that Democrats eat their own, so there will end up being more anger at Obama and Biden than there will be towards Romney/Ryan.
That’s why it’s so absurd to see the fear porn peddlers claiming there will be riots on November 6th; that’s just not going to happen because the anger these people will feel is towards Obama for losing, not for Romney for winning. Democrats hate when one of their own loses and turn aggressively against the person. That’s going to happen in a big way…and is probably why Obama is having his election night event in the fortress that is McCormick Place instead of Grant Park where there wouldn’t be as much control over a situation if things got ugly.
© 2012, TheTamminator. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone