The Cocktail Party
“The Cocktail Party GOP Establishment” is a term coined here on HillBuzz.org in 2010 to describe the elitist permanent political class in the Republican Party that keeps running “it’s his turn” stale male candidates in elections (despite whom voters actually want to vote for).
On this page, we’ll collect material exposing the Cocktail Party’s general stupidity and how often the Cocktail Party crowd “goes along to get along” with the Left, doing whatever Democrats want in many cases — usually to guarantee Cocktail Partiers favorable press coverage in the agenda-driven media. This includes conservative writers who always seem to push the Left’s talking points, especially when they want to advance their careers and land higher-paying gigs at places like CNN or MSNBC where they’d be “the conservative guy” on shows where they’d receive a lot of attention by essentially being the punching bag or comic relief for the big-name Leftie talking heads.
The Cocktail Party is the BizarroWorld nemesis of the Tea Party and stands for everything that Tea Partiers are against.
In our opinion here at HillBuzz.org, the Cocktail Party is an even greater threat to America than the Left itself, because without the help of the quisling, Vichy-esque Cocktail Partiers the Left would have never been able to seize power in 2008 and would not be clinging to power today.
The Doom Reports: keeping track of supposedly conservative writers who constantly push the Left’s talking points like Tokyo Roses:
* Jazz Shaw at HotAir.com spreads fear porn about Obama winning electoral college while Romney won the popular vote. There is no basis in reality for saying something like this, but Jazz did it to drive web traffic to HotAir because fear porn sells. It’s like the local news claiming a monster storm is on the way to get people to panic and then tune-in for updates.
* Ace at Ace of Spades really lays on the fear porn thick about Obama winning Ohio…which makes no sense. He needlessly directs emotional terrorism at his readers by giving them heart palpitations over Obama taking Ohio, when that’s just not going to happen. Why he does this, I don’t know, but fear porn might raise the traffic on his site so he could have an economic motive in scaring people like this. Maybe he also wants to pick up traffic from the Left because he’s writing articles about Obama winning Ohio that the lefties would enjoy reading. Behavior like this from conservative writers needs to stop. I called him out for this on 10/26/2012 and told him he acts like a pink-princess-dress-clad little girl afraid of spiders when he writes about Ohio. Remember that Ace mocked me a month or so ago by saying that I am the “Morale Director” of the election…but I think he’s the pee-stained little princess of the election that tends to act like a big sissy when it comes to believing the lies that the Ministry of Truth spreads in its efforts to help Obama.
* Here’s Allahpundit at HotAir playing more of the “Romney’s lone path if he doesn’t win Ohio” garbage. Why is this article written in the negative voice? Why not have it be an article written about what Obama could do when he loses Ohio? Why is this Allahpundit guy being paid by TownHall magazine to write things that are needlessly negative and anxiety-inducing to Romney supporters when HotAir is supposed to be a conservative site?
* Erik Erikson is at it again today on RedState. After the election, Erikson should be held accountable for what he’s doing. He is deliberately churning out Doom Reports that CNN wants him to put out there. He is a Tokyo Rose. After Romney’s win, Erik should suffer a consequence professionally for being such a useful tool to the Left’s propaganda machine during the election. 9/26/2012
* Here’s more of that garbage from Erik Erikson at RedState where he says “Romney can still win”. Jackass. You will never see the media write that the Democrat “can still win”. Only conservative writers dampen enthusiasm and demoralize supporters by saying the Republican “can still win”. Democrats write that their candidate WILL win. This difference in tone and emphasis makes a BIG psychological difference. – 9/25/2012
* Seriously. What’s up with all the negative headlines that HotAir.com runs at the top of the site? — 9/22/2012
* Ace, from AceofSpades, threw a tantrum after we called him out on spreading doom and gloom — the comments are hilarious on this one — 9/17/2012