Ten Things That Should Happen in Tonight’s Foreign Policy Debate Between President Romney and Bathhouse Barry
I was a political science/international studies major in college and participated in the Model UN team my school fielded to different competitions around the country; we traveled to Boston, Akron, San Francisco, and Washington at different points representing France, Nigeria, Iceland, and other countries and, of course, my professors always pushed that “we are global citizens” garbage of which the Left is so perpetually fond. I still think it would have been hilarious if a prankster mailing out the assignment packets to these Model UN things would give some random school “The Klingon Empire” and have Michelle Obama’s home world represented at the table. These things go on for many hours and get quite boring at times when squabbling over various points of procedure being and having Klingons or Romulans around would have made things more visually interesting than just a bunch of college kids in blazers who look nothing at all like the people from the countries they’re representing. The Model UN team took a lot of reading and hard work so it’s no wonder nobody named “Obama” was ever a part of one, but Michelle would have made a great Klingon and I’d be remiss for not noting this here.
My favorite country that we ever played in the mock sessions was Iceland because, though small and with very limited resources, they were always ready to help and would send a five-member “technological assistance team” into just about any conflict to lend a hand; also, we were invited to the Icelandic embassy in Washington during one of our conferences and I marveled at how all the walls there are curved and made from an iridescent wood that made the entire suite of offices look like the Northern Lights…with volcanic rock countertops and light fixtures that resembled the frosty part of Iceland’s “Land of Fire and Ice” branding. They may have bankrupted themselves and needlessly destroyed their own economy by attempting to become international investment bankers instead of fishermen and shepherds, but Icelanders sure can build a jaw-dropping embassy. I loved representing Iceland so much in the mock UN that I ended up going on a study abroad there for a year to GPS-map lava formations in the field. That was one of my favorite life experiences, which really made me appreciate how great the United States really is. While beautiful and interesting, Iceland is weak and backwards…as are much of the countries that dominate the United Nations.
I have to say how much I’ve always detested the UN, even when participating in those mock general sessions. The organization is worthless because outside of the Security Council it’s controlled by third world Islamists and dictators, and has been for decades. There’s a definite thug culture to the place and almost everyone affiliated with it makes life a nightmare for many of the people I know in New York; diplomats are notorious for inconveniencing or even assaulting American citizens in Manhattan but the police there are prevented from ever doing anything but taking the foreigners’ side. I wish FDR’s original plan to establish the UN on one of the smaller Hawaiian islands had happened instead of giving these loons land on Manhattan…though I think most of the UN staff and the delegates they serve would really have been most at home on Cuba.
While I enjoyed my coursework and reading assignments in college, I constantly butted heads with my professors because they believed the UN was a good thing and that the US should defer to it in most things. I remember being a kid and watching the Superfriends cartoon on Saturday mornings, where Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman were always being summoned by the UN Secretary General or preventing the Legion of Doom from taking over the UN to control the world. It seemed that show purposefully relegated the US president to being just “one of the leaders of the world” instead of the “leader of the free world” as I’ve always seen the person in the Oval Office. I think the UN has largely become the voice of the unfree world that seeks to take away American freedoms and diminish our influence abroad in favor of raising the profile of Islam. This has been going on for years, since those superhero cartoons of the early 80s, but has really picked up steam under the last two UN Secretaries General.
I really think that Bathhouse Barry, our current American president, would like to become UN Secretary General himself because he’d consider that a promotion to “world leader” instead of just “President of the United States”; Barack Obama believes America is just one country amongst many, no more exceptional than Greece, Spain, Yemen, or Iran. Why settle for the top position in just “one country of many” when he can sit on a near-throne beneath a creepy emblem with a giant globe in the middle like he’s become the world-king and master of the unfree world? I think this his his most fervent heart’s desire, but I doubt he’ll ever get his wish. Even if the UN would want Obama to have that position, he’d have to be nominated for it by the White House…and as long as Democrats don’t control it anymore, that’s just not going to happen. No American has ever been UN Secretary General and I doubt an American ever will because the third world voting bloc that controls that body won’t allow it…not even for one of their spiritual own in Barack Obama.
With the third presidential debate happening tonight in Boca Raton, Florida I’d like to see Bathhouse Barry asked directly about his desire to become UN Secretary General and if he’d indeed consider that a promotion from being President of Just the United States (as Obama sees it). THAT is the question I’d ask this guy if I’d ever see him in person again, but certainly if I had the opportunity to ask him something in the debate. That’s not going to happen, of course, but here’s a list of ten things that should (or could) happen in tonight’s foreign policy debate between the very presidential seeming Mitt Romney and Bathhouse Barry:
10. My expectation is for Bob Scheiffer to be the most professional and responsible moderator we’ve seen this election cycle. I truly don’t believe Scheiffer will side with one man or the other tonight on anything because he has always been consistent in his ability to keep his personal partisan leanings to himself while on the air. This is a journalist from the days when the word meant something and Scheiffer’s from the old school of thought in the news business where guys like Walter Cronkite were worshipped as an ideal. Cronkite was a rabid lefty but you’d have never known it by watching him on the air because credibility and unbiased reporting were paramount to him. Scheiffer is like that too. Through the years I’ve seen him decline numerous opportunities to be a partisan hack…and I just don’t see him choosing tonight to embarrass himself in the close of his career. Plus, he saw the damage Candy Crowley did to herself last week by becoming the third debater at that Town Hall train wreck; Candy always has a second act as a Carnie Wilson impersonator to fall back on, but Scheiffer doesn’t easily resemble any female singers of the early 90s so there’s incentive for him to keep being an on-air news personality. It, thus, behooves Scheiffer to not beclown himself on television this evening.
9. Mitt Romney will look presidential and assure voters that he’ll be an excellent Commander in Chief. This is a very big deal, folks, and it’s something you might take for granted because Mitt Romney forever seems presidential (to the point where one woman at the Town Hall debate referred to him as President Romney already). Walt Disney World is already at work on the Romney figure for its Hall of Presidents attraction and I’m told that Washington, DC’s already booking up with nonrefundable reservations for Romney supporters who are now starting their plans for his Inauguration in January. This is Reagan versus Carter all over again, where a ramshackle and bumbling Democrat apologist will be replaced by a strong and proud Republican with movie star good looks and the ability to command confidence and presidential aura wherever he goes. Carter came off as a buffoon to most people in 1980 and Bathhouse Barry seems like a junkie who often has no idea where he is that day. Regular people who do not read political websites and get most of their information from friends or things they read over stranger’s shoulders on the train in the morning will pick up on the fact that Romney just felt like a commander-in-chief at this debate and a strong leader…while Obama was his usual meek and dithering self who believes America is just one country amongst many. Just as that sealed the deal for Reagan 32 years ago, so too will it cement Romney as the most presidential choice tonight.
8. Obama’s lies on Benghazi will be exposed and it will not be pretty for him. It’s funny how life works. Watergate became a big deal because of the coverup. Presidential scandals since have been all about the coverup. Candy Crowley thought she was helping Bathhouse Barry coverup the Benghazi debacle by shutting down the debate at the Town Hall…but in reality she just made people really curious about what actually happened with all that. I’ve seen repeatedly since last week that people who had no interest in any of this before now smell “something fishy” because of Crowley’s jumping in to rescue Obama. Not only does this prevent tonight’s moderator Bob Scheiffer from attempting something similar, but it guarantees he’ll have to specifically ask Barack Obama what he knew and when he knew it. When Obama attempts to lie, Mitt Romney will bust him on live television. I have no idea how Bathhouse Barry is going to get out of this, folks. He is absolutely cornered because if he admits he lied in the last debate, he’s toast. If he says he misspoke, he’ll seem dishonest because Crowly sure rushed to his defense and the two of them sided against Romney on the issue when Romney was correct the whole time. There’s the option that Obama is just consistently incompetent in all he does, but that’s a disqualifier to the presidency for most people. There is just no way for this man to salvage the situation in a way that makes him look good…and Romney will see to it tonight that Obama is eviscerated on the issue of Libya, the rape and murder of gay ambassador Chris Stevens, and the fact that the buck never stopped with Obama in a regime in which nobody’s really sure who’s running things. Romney will paint himself as a take charge chief executive who will call the shots and ensure order and consistency in his administration…which is a stark contrast to the abject chaos of the last four years.
7. The Islamization of Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, and likely Syria will be discussed and Obama will look terrible for supporting all this. I honestly believe Barack Obama really does want to see an Islamic caliphate rise in the Middle East that would ultimately form a “United States of Islam” with the Muslim Brotherhood as its founding fathers. It would be an evil, BizarroWorld nemesis of the West that would seek to conquer first Africa, then Europe, and eventually the entire world by spreading Islam to every corner of the globe. Barack Obama wants this because his mother taught him as a little boy that the West must be destroyed so that everyone could be reduced to third world status and live “in harmony” as “global equals”. Watch 2016 Obama’s America before the debate if you have not seen it already…this is all spelled out in Dinesh DSouza’s brilliant film…and there’s no way that some of this does not come out in a foreign policy debate because people are talking about all this after seeing the movie. If Scheiffer doesn’t bring all this up, then Romney will because on the campaign trail Paul Ryan has repeatedly been talking about Obama’s foreign policy unraveling.
6. If Obama gets another term Israel will be destroyed. It is simple as that. Any American Jew voting for Barack Obama is signing Israel’s death warrant. I’m gay and live in Chicago. Having Democrats in office does nothing to help gay men in this town, yet gay men vote Democrat here by at least an 80% majority. Why is that? Because peer pressure and group think in this demographic bloc prevent guys from voting in their economic best interests…which would actually be for Republicans. The Left has convinced gays that Republicans are evil and that if they could, they’d round all gays up into concentration camps and exterminate us. This is one of many lies Democrats tell gays to keep us on their political plantation. The same thing happens with Jews, who also vote against their own economic best interests because the Left paints Republicans as the party of white Christians and Jews are taught to resent this and embrace the otherness of the Left. Being a Democrat is thus more important to Jews than siding with the people who consistently protect Israel and consider it America’s great ally and friend. If you are gay, you are bullied into being a Democrat and if you are a Jew the same unthinking thing happens. But it has never been more clear that Israel will indeed be wiped off the map in an Obama second term. I have an ex-boyfriend who is Jewish and lives in Philadelphia. He was a Hillary guy in 2008, like me, but he ended up voting for Obama instead of McCain/Palin because he’s never voted Republican and thought it would betray his “jewishness” to do so. Out of curiosity, I reached out to him last week to see what he thought was going to happen in this election and he told me that he’s voting for Romney and so are many of his Jewish friends because Obama would allow the Muslims to destroy Israel in his second term. My ex actually brought up the thing Obama said to Russia about having “more flexibility in a second term” to do things that would prevent his reelection. My Jewish ex-boyfirend said in no uncertain terms that he interprets this to mean that not only would Russia be afforded this sort of “flexibility”, but that the Muslim Brotherhood would be as well…and Obama would allow Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, and Libya to wage another war against Israael to drive the Jews into the sea as Muslims have long dreamed. i don’t have a good enough read of the Jewish community on the whole to determine if, indeed, a good number of them are either voting Romney or staying home on election day but it’s shocking that my ex is going to vote Republican for the first time ever just because he knows that Obama would certainly allow Israel to be destroyed if the opportunity presented itself after November 6th. There is no way this is not being brought up by SOMEONE tonight.
5. Speaking of Russia…count on Mitt Romney to bring up the “more flexibility in a second term” open-mic statement by Obama. We’ve never gotten a good explanation for what he meant by that…but I think one will be demanded tonight. Obama will hem and haw and avoid the question as much as possible, but that won’t be easy with just Romney, Scheiffer, and Bathhouse Barry up on the stage. There will be no pressure to end a topic and race off to talk to Pamela Sue Butterscotch-McPearson from Marvin Gardens who wants to ask a question about education (or something) Town Hall-style. Why on Earth would we give Russia more flexibility on anything when Tsar Vladimir is attempting to reincarnate the Russian empire in his lifetime?
4. China will be painted as a giant threat, of course, but I’m telling you this stuff is overblown by all sides. I’m old enough to remember when the fear porn being peddled by lazy minds who loved being riled up was that Japan was going to buy America and we’d all be ruled from Tokyo by the year 2000. There was even a Michael Keaton movie about this, with Japanese people taking over his auto plant and making him eat sushi and wear a sumo-wrestler diaper and learn to be more Japanese wherever he lived in the Rust Belt. Even when I was in high school, the fear porn aficionados were still going on about Japan “taking over”. That not only never happened, but the peddlers of fear porn pretend they never sounded a false alarm over “the rise of a new Empire of Japan!”. I studied Mandarin in college, had an Asia focus in my international studies degree, and taught English in Beijing for a semester on a study abroad in China. The regular people on the ground there are surprisingly a lot like Americans despite what you hear on the tee-vee (but they do spit a lot and have no concept of table manners). China has always been a land with serious self-image issues and performance anxiety. For centuries, the Empire of Japan taunted the Middle Kingdom and stole whatever it wanted from the Chinese. Over and over again in China I’d hear how Japanese emperors would greet the Chinese emperors in official correspondence with the salutation, “From the Emperor of the land of the Rising Sun to the Emperor of the land of the Setting Sun…”. Hundreds of years later, the Chinese are still miffed at this…and for the last ten years they’ve been racing to build all sorts of things on the cheap and with no concept of structural integrity to catchup to the Japanese. Massive disasters are coming in the next decade because of this. No one is writing about this, but when I was there in 2003 already people were scared out of their minds and wouldn’t ride the trains because the tracks were all made with substandard materials and the trains themselves were built by Chinese firms who cut corners to save (and then pocket) money. If a design called for three rivets to hold something important in place, the Chinese eliminate two of them during construction without telling the engineers or architects. One rivet costs less than three, in the Chinese way of thinking, and less expensive is better. There’s actually a demented pride in doing things like this…like someone is proving how “clever” he is by scamming the system like this and diverting those “savings” to his own bank account. The Japanese have never been like this, but it’s part of Chinese culture to be so “clever”…which has blown up in China’s face since the dawn of the Middle Kingdom. Romney talks about this on the periphery when he highlights how China steals technology and manipulates its currency to gain advantage in markets…this is also the Chinese thinking they are being “so very clever”. All of this is going to blow up in China’s face in a few years. You have my email and can check back in with me in 2017 or so after it’s happened, but in the next five years China’s going to collapse in much the same way Japan did and some other country out there (Brazil, probably) will be the next focus of fear porn mongering. China’s buildings will start to collapse. It’s trains will derail. And the one-child policy will cause social instability. The “oh so clever” types who are still in power at that point will have no idea what to do, and major changes to Chinese government will come. While Chinese people do enjoy proving to the world they are not backwards and inferior to the Japanese, they’ll have to one day soon own up to the fact that they’ve had no idea what they were doing while building all the things that have disastrously started falling apart in the country (seemingly overnight in some cases). The reason I think this is so clear is that I grew up in Cleveland, Ohio…where people also had an attitude problem because we were the but of so many national jokes for so many years that Ohioans in general like to prove they are clever sometimes too. I did another study abroad in Iceland just as they were trying to become investment bankers on the world stage instead of the fishermen and shepherds they were since Viking times…and Iceland collapsed in the end as well. This is the course that China’s on, but few are talking about it because viewers and readers love seeing Chinese fear porn…as much as they loved vintage Japanese fear porn back in the day and will eat up Brazilian fear porn in ten or fifteen years.
3. Obama wants to cut our military down to almost nothing and also reduce our nuclear arsenal so we have fewer weapons than Russia or (ultimately) Islamic countries. Again, you need to see Dinesh DSouza’s 2016 Obama’s America. Towards the end, like in the last 15 minutes, the movie presents Obama’s agenda for his second term…where he specifically eliminates America’s ability to defend ourselves and allows the United States to become vulnerable to annihilation by either Russia or an Islamic Caliphate in the future. This is what Obama wants, and he seeks to begin the process of making this a reality by reducing our military might and destroying our nuclear arsenal. The Left has wanted this for years because it believes declawing America will then force this country to do whatever the UN wants, since we’ll be held hostage by stronger powers in the third world. This is Obama’s road to “social justice” and it’s peppered with nonstop attempts to weaken this country for the benefit of those who hate Americans. There is no way this is not talked about in the debate. Seriously…before this evening’s event, please watch 2016 Obama’s America online if you have two hours you can spare.
2. Iran is closer than ever to acquiring a nuclear weapon and it’s something Obama approves of. Romney will talk about Obama not supporting the attempted revolution in Iran that would have overthrown the Ayatollahs if only America had helped them; Obama will attempt to obfuscate and hem/haw this but Romney won’t let him get away with it. This issue is hard for a lot of people to understand but the reason Obama did not want the Ayatollahs overthrown is because Iran has a theocratic government. Obama only wants secular governments in the Middle East overthrown — like Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, and now Syria — so they can be replaced by Islamic ones driven by Sharia law. If Obama gets a second term, Lebanon, Jordan, the Gulf States, and Saudi Arabia could also be overthrown by Islamists so that the United States of Islam could eventually be born (of a jackal, no doubt). It’s so unbelievable that we currently have a US president who wants to see this happen. This is what Jimmy Carter’s wanted for years…the destruction of Israel and Islamic conquest of the Middle East. If Obama is not limited to one term like Carter, this is what will happen. Only Mitt Romney can stop him…and Iran will be a forceful topic in the debate because an Iranian nuke will prompt other Islamic countries to pursue nuclear weapons, which will lead to chaos and destruction in the world because Muslims will indeed use these weapons in service to “Allah” wherever and whenever they can.
1. American exceptionalism is not something Obama believes in. At its most basic level, this is Obama’s foreign policy now…that America is just nothing special and that all countries in the world are morally equal and exceptional in their own way. I don’t believe this at all, though this is what my professors in college tried teaching us all the time. The fact is clear to me: America is the greatest country that has ever existed in the world. It is the one place where humans finally got things right for a change. Imperfect as anything human will ever be, America was blessed by a loving and strategic God who indeed created a City on a Hill for the rest of humanity to admire and learn from. Through the years, blood and treasure have been spent defending and protecting the remarkable experiment in freedom that originated in the 13 colonies that our founding fathers organized into a more perfect union. America is an exceptional place unlike anything else on the planet. Without the United States, the forces of darkness and Islam would consume our world and eliminate freedom wherever they good. The Left pretends there are no horrors lurking in the dark and that Muslims in particular are just misunderstood…but the only thing bringing light to the darkness and keeping the monsters at bay is Lady Liberty’s flaming torch. I am a gung-ho, rah-rah, wave the flag American who enjoys playing Whitney Houston’s Superbowl performance first thing in the morning as soon as my computer boots up to start my day. That’s usually followed by a little Neil Diamond and I am well on my way to taking names and kicking a** American-style after that. I abhor the buffoons out there who come up to me and ask, “What’s your nationality?” because they want to tell me they are “one part Greek and three fifths Italian on my mother’s side and a little Scottish because I am a mutt”. No, dummy, you’re a damn fool because you are an AMERICAN and be proud of that. THAT is your nationality. Your nationality is American and all this “one part this and a quarter that” nonsense about countries your long-dead relatives lived in two hundred years ago is just stupid. Teddy Roosevelt warned about this “hyphenated-American” garbage back in the 1900s when he saw that subversives attempted to diminish this country’s national identity by revving buffoons up to claim they were “Scottish-Americans” or “Hungarian-Americans” or “Irish-Americans” or whatever. We’re all Americans. No hyphens. Period. And we are citizens of the best country in the entire world, the best that’s ever existed. I will never apologize for that. I am proud of that. And the quickest way possible to get on my bad side is to start up any “What’s your nationality?” garbage, especially if someone is stupid enough to then tell me “American is not a nationality, what are you really?”. I’m someone who doesn’t want to know you, that’s what I am, if you’re a “nationality expert” like this.
I wish I had read Mitt Romney’s book No Apologies earlier because he really believes in American exceptionalism too. That’s going to come out in the debate tonight, while Obama’s going to have to cater to his base…which does not believe in this. The Left is very much about the “raising global citizens” and “nationality expert” stuff…whereas Romney loves this country and is proud of it and is not going to apologize for a damn thing. I love the images that Drudge Report has been running of Obama bowing to Muslim kings and the Japanese Emperor, amongst others. Mitt Romney will bow to no one.
And that’s why he’s going to be the next President…as he will show us tonight in a direct and determined contrast to the Islamic junkie that is Bathhouse Barry.
© 2012, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone