Posts Tagged ‘Doom Antidote
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Melania Trump’s Rick Roll last night feels like something ingeniously setup to force the Left to talk about Melania today…and encourage people who didn’t watch the convention last night to watch her wonderful speech. It seems odd to me that seconds after she finished speaking that the Left was already accusing her of “plagiarism.” That would be like you shouting “plagiarist!” at the person at the next breakfast booth if he or she ordered the same pancakes as you did, with bacon on the side the way you like yours too. The truth is that political wives have only so many things they say in speeches like these, where they talk about why they want people to vote for their husbands. These speeches are usually very well-received in the moment that America often hears the spouse speak for the first time ever, but are then largely forgotten as other events during a convention unfold. There was little chance that the Media as an entity would give Melania Trump much attention because of the simple fact that showcasing a beautiful immigrant who assimilated and learned English and followed the rules in America is not conducive to the Left’s current agenda (especially since that beautiful and appealing immigrant is the wife of Donald Trump). Clearly Melania didn’t write her speech. Few people in public life write their own remarks or tweak them…or even see them before they go up onto a teleprompter. As a model, Melania’s life experience has been to follow her script when in front of cameras and she does it very well. Speech writing is tough because memorable phrases tend to gel and stick in memory and emerge when someone is writing on the same topic that has been written about many times before. It’s suspicious that Democrats ran Melania Trump’s remarks through what appears to be an academic “TurnItIn” style text-checker (for those who have been out of school a long time, TurnItIn is one of several websites that universities use that forces students to submit papers to be scanned and rated for uncited sources). Then they jumped excitedly onto what they deemed a “scandal.” I just wonder if that wasn’t planned from the beginning and it was all just a trap for the Left. Someone as media savvy as Trump has to know that the Left is always looking for something to use as a weapon. Was this all a way to guarantee that the Media would want to talk about nothing else but Melania Trump all day today and directly compare her to the current First Lady? That’s a comparison that is not flattering to Michelle Obama or Democrats. If given the choice between Melania or Michelle, who would want Michelle to be First Lady? When given a choice between Melania and Bill as First Spouse, who would choose Bill? The Left also instantly started making fun of Melania’s accent, which is dangerous ground for them because she’s an immigrant who actually followed the rules and assimilated and joined the American Melting Pot. I’d love to see the Trump campaign have Melania talk about the Melting Pot and how we need to get back to that. The Salad Bowl or Tee-Vee Dinner models (where immigrants never assimilate and instead form little colonies within our country that exist as parallel societies) has led to destruction of national identity. Melting Pot success stories need to be played up through November and the Salad Bowl/Tee-Vee Dinner thinking has to come to an end along with the rest of political correctness.
2. I greatly enjoyed the speakers at the Convention last night and plan on watching this evening as well. The CSPAN live feed proved to be the most reliable. The GOP’s official stream on YouTube cut out during Jeff Sessions’ speech, so I had to switch over to CSPAN. I’m just going to use CSPAN this evening. Breitbart.com has great convention coverage during the day if you want to listen to talking heads that are actually decent to listen to. CSPAN is really great because it has no commentary, only the live stream playing.
3. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around a lot of what I see on conservative sites these days. There are a lot of people who seem like they want Hillary Clinton to win the election. I don’t get that at all. This election is fascinating to me because it is the first time that Republicans have run someone who speaks the truth, is blunt, and is not politically correct. I have long believed that this is what Americans are hungry for and that people are sick to death of the establishment and political correctness. They are sick and tired of politicians like John McCain and Mitt Romney who were so meek and mild and milquetoast…and oh so politically correct. Americans are a people with a cowboy, Wild West, pioneer, speak truth to power culture. We are not a people who respond well to sniveling elites and aristocrats. For some reason, Republicans came to believe that they have to behave in a meek and mild and step-on-no-toes way…but voters clearly reject that. Ronald Reagan sure as hell never was like that…but come to think of it George H.W. Bush started all this with his “compassionate conservatism.” 2016 is really the end of Bushism and the Cocktail Party consultant class that engendered. Americans want a kickass country. We want to stand up to Islam and not be afraid to call out our enemies and take the fight to them. Americans do not want mousiness and dithering and meekness. I think the people who are so anti-Trump are people who like the Cocktail Party the way that it is, either because they benefit from it or they always dreamed of being invited to join it themselves. For those of us who either never wanted to be in the Cocktail Party ranks or were people who would never receive such invitations, the end of the Bush-ist Cocktail Party is a happy day. For me, it’s equally thrilling seeing this unfold in my hometown. If you believe that people who should have voted against Obama in 2008 and 2012 stayed home because they just couldn’t go along with supporting the Cocktail Party Elite, then you should see that Trump is the farthest thing possible from that Establishment. Now is people’s chance to cause the entire establishment (on both sides) to collapse. What comes next will be light years better than what we’ve had in the extend Bush Era of Cocktail Partying. Trump will win votes from people who never dreamed of being Republican because Trump doesn’t feel like a stereotypical Republican the way that Romney, McCain, and Dole were. The Media created a new world where the President was the nation’s top celebrity and set the stage for the pendulum to swing towards Trump. This really is his year and all momentum is with him. Not sure why anyone who doesn’t want Hillary in the White House would try to stop that.
What else is on your minds today?
Read the rest of this entry »
[Cleveland has a terrific police force of brave and civic-minded men and women who take the protect and serve oath seriously. Best cops in the whole world working hard to make sure RNC goes off without a hitch. THANK YOU to all of them!]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Just for fun, during this presidential election keep track of all the cliches that the Media will use. It’s already started, but I am now keeping track in a little notebook that I will save for the next election as well…so I don’t just have to rely on my memory from 2012 and 2008. I’m hearing the same things that these people always say, because I don’t think the talking heads know anything else to say. They just read the same lines over and over again. Some of the ones I’ve noticed:
* Republicans don’t have a ground game and don’t have ground operations. Do you ever wonder about why they say this every single time? Did they say that in 2000 and 2004 and earlier? I only noticed them doing this for the first time in 2008…and they also did it in the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections. They keep saying that Republicans have no ground game. So, either that’s not true and they just like to say it or Republicans are stupid for not fixing that. What I wonder is if they mean that Republicans don’t give out street money or fund community organizers or entities like ACORN in urban areas that Democrats fund: is this what they mean by ground game? What they call “Get out the vote” efforts in urban areas translates just to thugs coming door to door to threaten people if they don’t vote Democrat. That’s what it’s like here in Chicago. The Alderman have thugs that they use to muscle people. They come around with lists and a special pen that can write in red or blue. The thugs demand to know who you are voting for and if you answer wrong you get an indelible mark, which means if you ever need anything from the Alderman you are screwed. Your street will be the last plowed in winter. Your garbage won’t be picked up. No one in your family will ever get a city job. Etc. Is this kind of thuggery the “ground game” that the Media always says Republicans don’t have?
* America has been transformed demographically and Republicans can never win another election. James Carville likes to say this, but is this true? If so, why bother having any more elections if Democrats can’t lose. But, Democrats lost big in 2010 and 2014. Democrats won in 2008 and 2012 because both John McCain and Mitt Romney wimped out and gave up at the end. Donald Trump sure doesn’t seem like someone who is going to wimp out and give up. The other thing that interests me is the fact that while Democrats have succeeded in importing a great number of Third World colonists whom Democrats count on always voting Democrat, these different identity blocs do not assimilate when they get here and they instead form their own little colonies. This will ultimately Balkanize our country, resulting in a Tribal War of some kind. Hispanics do not have the white guilt that blacks count on to get whatever they want from white people. The tension between blacks and Hispanics will keep growing as Spanish-speaking colonists keep taking jobs that used to go to blacks in urban areas. At some point, why would blacks keep voting Democrat if Democrats are the party of bringing in more Spanish-speakers? At some point, the tension between blacks and Hispanics will result in blacks and Hispanics having to be on opposite sides of the political aisle. Gays will not want to be on the opposite side of blacks because gays like feeling special and value-sharing by saying they support and stand with blacks. So many interesting things are in store for Democrats with these “transformative” demographic changes that Ted Kennedy set in motion in 1965. None of this is going to work out for them the way that they think it will, simply because of the fact that blacks and Hispanics have to compete for jobs and benefits in urban areas and there can be no harmony as tribalism ramps up between these two groups. The Media harps about white people becoming a minority and being irrelevant…but we are a country that is dictated at the moment by the Spanish-speaking minority (with blacks shunted to the side). The Media assumes that since black people hate white people (due to Hollywood constantly pumping out grievance and victim mongering movies to brainwash black people into believing they have to always hate white people) that blacks will naturally team up with Hispanics…but Central and South American cultures despise blacks. All of these Third World colonists being brought in by the Left have an ingrained hatred of black people…which is a bill that will come due for Democrats in the near future. If all the Media prognostication is true and Hispanics take over the country and America becomes a Latino nation in the future, that’s going to be a very bad world for black people. They will not only lose jobs and benefits…but in that new tribal world they will not be able to use guilt over Hispanics to get what they want the way they do with white people. If white people are indeed destined to go extinct due to suicidal altruism and politically correct foolishness, then white people’s replacement by Spanish-speakers from the Third World is a real doomsday scenario for blacks. How long can the Democrat party survive with that kind of internal conflict? It’s Democrats that are the party that will collapse within our lifetime, not Republicans. At some point, a party just for Spanish-speakers will emerge that will split Democrats in two…leaving only blacks, gays, and other niche identity blocs with Democrats. But the Muslims that the Democrats aggressively import as colonists will continue to attack and kill gays, which at some point could make gays stop supporting Democrats as well (once gays see that the people who really want them dead are not Christians but are instead Muslims). You could go on all day with this identity-bloc conflict stuff and see that on so many levels the coalition that make up the Democrat party are the most volatile. Republicans have in their ranks people who want freedom from big government and who love America. I think Trump will go a long way towards getting more people than ever before in history to see that the Republican party has something to offer them while Democrats are just about identity politics and divisive special interests.
* Hillary Clinton can’t lose and Donald Trump can’t win. The logic on this one is that because McCain lost in 2008 and Romney lost in 2012 that Trump must lose in 2016. What they forget to mention is that back in 2008 one of the arguments that the Media used to push Obama over Hillary was that the Media claimed that Hillary could not win the general election, but Obama could because people wanted to make history with the first black president. Well, all that history was made and is now history…and Americans are not excited and have never been excited about the first female president. That’s something that we could never overcome back in 2008 the first time that Hillary ran and her campaign (which I think is poorly run) didn’t figure out a way to address here in 2016. Women hate other women for the most part and somehow between 2008 and the present Hillary managed to get a lot of gay guys to openly hate her and pine for Bernie Sanders. I’m not sure how the heck that happened. I have never met many straight men who are into Hillary, even those who claim to be dyed in the wool Democrats. People do not like how many lies she tells and they are very upset over the FBI non-indictment and entitlement. It’s all so much worse than in 2008, when people then were only mad that she didn’t divorce Bill. Now they are angry with her for reasons that actually have legitimate bearing on her competence and character as a leader. They no longer hate her for things her husband did but now hate her for things that she herself did. That’s a huge change. As for Trump, we finally have a presidential candidate who is giving America the Bullworth moment that the country has long craved. They will finally get the chance to vote for a Republican ticket that offers a clear contrast to Democrats. And they have the chance to vote for someone with testosterone and optimism and zeal for life, instead of the anemic Wonder Bread and mayonnaise likes of John McLame and Mittens Romney. Americans are a kickass people who are bold and love giving an F-U to people who deserve it. Why on earth would they not vote for Trump, no matter what they tell pollsters?
2. I think pundits like David Frum should be ashamed of themselves with how they are behaving in Cleveland. Last night, I saw Frum complaining that he didn’t like the welcome that Cleveland put on for conventioneers. He didn’t think it was fancy or grande enough for his liking. When Frum stepped off the airplane in Cleveland, he wanted to be Elizabeth Taylor entering Rome in Cleopatra. He didn’t think the welcome signs were big enough or that Clevelanders didn’t drop to their knees and kiss his feet when he arrived. I think this is such shameful behavior. Contrast that with the wonderful coverage that Greta van Susteren is giving from Cleveland…where she is grateful for the show that the city is putting on. A city that Greta knows does not have a lot of money; a city that is NOT Chicago or New York or Boston or other places that have deep pockets and all sorts of fancy things. Coming to Cleveland for the convention is like going to dinner at your elderly aunt’s house who is on a fixed income. You cannot expect filet mignon in cognac sauce with lobster and caviar appetizers and fresh cut flowers waiting for you at the door to welcome you. Your elderly aunt can’t afford that on her social security. Don’t be an ass like David Frum. Be a good guest. Be grateful like Greta is. Appreciate Cleveland for what it is and how hard Clevelanders worked for many years to welcome you with open arms. I really think David Frum is despicable for how he’s behaving. I hope you agree and shame him for it. He deserves it.
3. I really am so proud of all Cleveland accomplished in getting ready for the Convention. The visuals are stunning to me. It’s pure joy to see all the buildings I grew up with polished and sparkling. Our Public Square has never looked so great…completely rebuilt and redesigned for the RNC. Every shot is picture-postcard worthy. The Cleveland Police have been spectacular, being assertive and common-sense practical and at the same time respecting the public and its civil rights. I will never have children so I won’t ever know what a sense of pride is like that and I’m not a sportsball fan so I don’t know what it’s like when a team I root for wins a big game…but I am loving every second of the pride I feel seeing Cleveland in the spotlight. Though I will never live there again as my life has taken me further away, I love being from Cleveland. I love that Cleveland is home. Yesterday, I was at an event here in Chicago and someone asked me where I was from and I said Cleveland and his eyes lit up and he said, “That’s quite a town. Big week for you guys. You’re hitting a home run so far.” My heart soared at that. Cleveland is wowing just about everyone besides the odious David Frum. I am so proud of Clevelanders. They worked incredibly hard for this week to happen. For Cleveland, this is the biggest event they will ever produce…and they are doing a better job than Rio will do with the Olympics. I never even knew there was such a thing as happy tears, but seeing shots of Cleveland in the news for the Conventions makes me tear up. I feel like that woman at the end of Officer & A Gentleman who shouts, “Way to go, Paula! Way to go!” because she can’t help herself…as Debra Winger and Richard Gere have their show-stopping and hard-earned moment in the spotlight. Way to go, Cleveland. Way to go!
What else is on your mind today?
DOOM ANTIDOTE: Why not start your day with a little “What’s My Line?”…and see how great it makes you feel.
Tomorrow starts a new year, and with it everything gets a fresh start.
We have two years (and change) left of the Obama Regime, and about 18 months to stop Jeb Bush or some other Cocktail Party Establishment loser from becoming the GOP’s nominee. I’d like to think we also have 18 months to prevent another lunatic Leftist from getting the Democrats’ nomination, but I just don’t see how the Left will surrender power (so I expect someone like Elizabeth Warren to be the nominee…or a whackadoodle like that). It’s going to be an interesting 23 months until the general election. We weren’t able to stop the Left from holding power for 8 years but we do have a chance to elect someone committed to undoing the damage of the Obama Regime. So all is not lost.
One of the great successes of the Left in the last decade or so is the funk that Americans are solidly in. We’re in an economic depression, but also a spiritual, emotional, and psychological one as well. Everyone I know is either just scraping by financially or living paycheck to paycheck and laying awake at night. Some friends wonder where their next meals will come from. And no one I know understands why both political parties are racing to import as many illiterate third world peasants from Central America as possible…at a time when Americans are out of work and black families, in particular, are suffering (due to cuts to various social benefits programs…which will be cut even further because of the mass importation of illiterate Central Americans). Both the Left and the Cocktail Party Establishment Republicans seem like they want to burn the country down to the ground.
While I know why the Left wants this (it’s the sole reason they exist), I’m puzzled (and lay awake at night trying to figure this out) by why the Cocktail Party wants to turn America into a poor, Third World nation full of newly arrived Spanish-speakers who have a fondness for socialism and communism and nationalizing industries. Makes no sense to me.
Our pop culture is revolting. That realization brings everything in life full circle for me, because I remember it being 1984 or so and Sister Mary Howard in grade school stopped our classroom chatter one morning before the bell rang to start school and demanded that we all stop talking about Cyndi Lauper and Michael Jackson and Toto or whatever singers we were all into. She went on a tear about how terrible television was and how bad movies were…and it’s funny to think back on that because I think all of this stuff is classic now. She hated shows like Facts of Life and The A-Team (or whatever) and couldn’t stand movies like Rocky IV…and I find myself truly horrified when I look at what’s on television today and in movie theaters. It’s revolting. I’m reminded that Sister Mary Howard was ahead of the curve, calling things I thought were good back in 1984 revolting…so I don’t even dare to dream what she’d think of the Kardashians or the Purge movie series.
I made an interesting discovery a while back that I’d like to share with you, because we’re friends like that. It’s been a very effective way for me to reconnect with how Americans used to behave and what people once found enjoyable and interesting. I also, after 30 years, finally understand what Sister Mary Howard was getting at when she derided television and movies in the 1980s. She was comparing all that to the entertainment back when she was young…which included shows like “What’s My Line?”.
This is a show that could never exist today, simply because I feel people have become too stupid to appreciate something like this. Every day, I watch an episode first thing in the morning as I’m eating breakfast. A wonderful channel on YouTube posts a “new” episode every day, starting as far back in the archives as tapes were available. The show ran for many years, with an erudite and articulate panel of witty characters who had to guess either the identity (if it was a famous person) or the occupation of someone put before them on the show.
I watch with a pen and paper and take notes on different things I learn about the time period, and about American culture back when the show aired. It’s a marvelous time capsule into the past. No one feels the need to be crass or make sexual comments. No one is opening champagne bottles and pouring bubbly into glasses balanced on their ample derrieres. No one is screaming “Rayciss! Rayciss! Rayciss!” and prompting people to violence.
The episode I chose to show you today featured Diahann Carroll as a guest. Watch how the panel treats her…and remember that this was filmed in 1962. According to the Left, America is a horrifically racist country and white people are just demons that are always out to get the poor black folk. That’s what the Left teaches in public school and what the Justice Brothers claim on their swaths of destruction across the cultural landscape here in 2014. Back in 1962, however, on “What’s My Line?”, Diahann Caroll — clearly a black woman — was treated warmly and lovingly by the panel…who couldn’t hide their genuine admiration and affection for her.
And can I just say — WOW — was Diahann Carroll ever stunning. I had to research what show she was in on Broadway that the panel kept talking about, and it ended up being ‘No Strings”, a show she won a Tony Award for. The panelists loved her in it…and loved her in general. It’s the same with all the black celebrities that appeared on this show, from Ella Fitzgerald to Louis Armstrong to Etta James and beyond. Where’s all the irredeemable racism that supposedly infected everything in the past and still infects everything today, according to the Justice Brothers anyway.
Can you imagine a tee-vee show today where a panel knows what shows are on Broadway, what actors and actresses are starring in plays, what famous writers have released books, what explorers or scientists recently discovered something interesting?
Americans used to be SMART. Sharp, witty, jovial…and always so warm and kind. And this wasn’t an act. It wasn’t a put-on. And it wasn’t just the panelists. There was a live studio audience for this show, and they got very joke, laughed in all the right places, and were entertained by this marvelous show for almost 20 years!
And — again — something happened around 1971. That’s when “What’s My Line?” was canceled. A deliberate decision was made to dumb down everything on tee-vee…and eradicate shows with a rural theme, in what was known as CBS’s “rural purge”. Across the board, the decision was made to turn the dial and make everything gritty, sexual, loud, and violent. And the dial’s never been turned back since.
Every morning, I like to switch it back myself for a few minutes. I love trying to figure out who the celebrities are, so sometimes I don’t watch what’s playing and only listen to an episode. I don’t know how they guess some of these correctly (though I imagine they read the papers and paid attention to what celebrities were in town on other shows that day, figuring they’d be likely to pop over to “What’s My Line?”).
I call this a “Doom Antidote” because too often all we hear is how terrible things are right now and how the country is doomed and how all is lost. When you look at the sort of people Americans used to be and compare that to the America of today, I think you’ll see the influence of the Left and the toxic, hateful environment that has been deliberately engineered. Who was behind this? Was it communists or Soviet moles or other anarchists and radicals who patiently plotted the collapse of America by eroding our culture and ruining our education system? That’s a good guess. And it’s probably right. I also think the Devil himself was involved, because collapsing America from within and extinguishing this torch of liberty we’ve carried benefits no one more than Satan.
I think the first step towards getting the pendulum to swing back the right way is to rediscover how great Americans could be. I honestly find that after watching an episode of “What’s My Line?” every morning that I have more patience with people, at least for the first half of the day. The manners these panelists had and calm, jovial way these people spoke to one another is infectious. Contrast how you feel after watching an episode of this with how you feel after listening to the foul language on a modern reality show or the violent, screaming and yelling of what passes as music right now.
I think our brains need role-modeling like this. I think our souls hunger for it. These panelists are ladies and gentlemen interacting with ladies and gentlemen and having a marvelous time using their brains. No alcohol, drugs, vulgarity, or nudity needed. Imagine that!
Tomorrow we begin 2015…and with it another great fight for the soul of our country that will lead up to the 2016 election. I believe all Americans can be better than we collectively have been for a while…and I believe we can rediscover the greatness of our past. But only if we try.
Will you try? Together as friends I think we’ll accomplish great things in the next 23 months.
[ Photo sent around via email depicting Barack Obama as the “everlasting jobstopper”; a nice piece of creativity en route to Trick or Treat season ]
Someone asked me why a “DOOM ANTIDOTE” is still needed when it looks like since the Denver debate not even the most conniving of Tokyo Roses in conservative ranks has been able to rev the Eeyores out there up with any “We’re doomed!” reports of “Obama’s winning this!”. Something magical happened at that debate between Romney and Obama that has prevented the Democrats’ Ministry of Truth (Minitru, for short) in the national media from being able to claim that “Romney’s campaign is imploding!” or “Obama’s inevitable!”. None of that was ever true. Romney was never in trouble. Romney’s campaign has been well-run, professional, competent, and I think brilliant at times. But Minitru was succeeding for a while in revving up the Eeyores (those selfish, attention-seekers out there who enjoy any excuse to bray “We’re doomed!” so they can solicit comfort and reassurance from those around them…if you can’t tell, I have a hard time stomaching these people because they really are energy vampires and emotional terrorists) to damage the Romney campaign from within its own ranks by causing Republicans to curl up into fetal positions and abandon the race. Why Eeyores believe a damn word that Minitru tells them on their tee-vee or in newsprint is a question I’ve struggled with for four and a half years now, since I first identified Eeyores as a major problem in the 2008 presidential primaries. What makes Eeyores so dangerous is that often times the Eeyore doesn’t even realize the damage he or she is doing and won’t stop to think about how much his or her panicked actions actually help Democrats (the people the Eeyore supposedly doesn’t want to win the election).
A few weeks ago, I turned the Daily Open Thread into a “Doom Antidote” because I principally grew tired of seeing Tokyo Roses like Erik Erikson at RedState.com, Allahpundit at HotAir.com, Peggy Noonan at the WSJ, and George Will (wherever he’s kept) write headlines full of DOOM for Romney that had no basis in reality, but were instead rooted in the lies that Minitru was pushing in skewed polling. Do not for a second think these people did not know what they were doing — all of them were deliberately breeding Eeyores in conservative ranks to help Minitru solidify a meme that Obama was unbeatable. The only way the Left’s propaganda lies could seem legitimate to many Eeyores was if conservative writers pushed them too. I am sure Erik Erikson, in particular, knew what he was writing about DOOM in the polls for Romney was wrong…but he did it anyway because it no doubt curried favor with his bosses at CNN, who now pay him to be a “go-to conservative” pundit when programs on the tee-vee call for one. “Allahpundit” is an anonymous writer, which I think shouldn’t be allowed at HotAir, and uses a picture of a sad looking dog as his headshot…but he largely worked in concert with Erikson to demoralize readers of that other site by claiming Minitru’s rigged polls for Obama were genuine.
None of the pre-debate propaganda is working, so the Tokyo Roses have backed off…for now…but I’m sure they’ll be back. Most of them have financial incentives to push whatever meme the Left wants them to push and they all very much enjoy the kudos from Minitru for writing the kinds of stories that breed Eeyores and demoralize conservatives. I’ve said before that I think there needs to be professional consequences of some kind for all these people after Romney wins the election so that in the future conservative writers don’t clandestinely help Democrats the way Erikson, Allahpundit, Noonan, and Will have in this election. You just can’t be a considered a real conservative writer if you see dollar signs in the air when you decide to purposefully write things designed to bolster lies the Left is telling to hurt a Republican candidate in an important election. That should not be allowed to happen without a major outcry in conservative ranks.
I’m watching every day for these people to get back to their old games, and I hope you’re watching too. So the DOOM ANTIDOTE continues through the election because the DOOM REPORTS could recommence at any moment. There is too much financial incentive for Erik Erikson, in particular, not to use his site to try helping Obama again the way CNN wants him to do. Always be vigilant against and mindful of DOOM REPORTS and call them out as such when you see them.
Speaking of seeing things…yesterday you might have missed an article by Mike Flynn over at Breitbart.com that dealt with Democrats’ disaster in Illinois regarding their redistricting schemes. Read the whole thing, but the takeaway is that Democrats had the power in this state to redistrict however they wanted and to essentially carve up the Congressional races this year to their maximum advantage. When doing this, they assumed that everything Minitru said about Obama and the 2008 race was true and that his election was “a transformational one” that would lead to “permanent Democrat majorities” for years to come. The plan was to redistrict Illinois so that Democrats would pick up 5 or 6 new seats in the state and this would be part of how Democrats “took back the House”. Instead, the way the 2012 election is playing out, Democrats will pick up ZERO seats in Illinois because 2008 was a fluke and not a transformational election at all.
You kind of need to go with your gut here for a minute and please let me know in comments if you can’t see this instinctively on your own…but this is a harbinger of massive destruction for Democrats in the November election if all their plans for picking up seats in Illinois’ Congressional races have collapsed. This means Democrats grossly overestimated their level of support in this country and they believed their own 2008 hype. THAT means that 2008 really was a fluke and a fad and Democrats foolishly believed that all the mass-hysteria in support of Obama the candidate was some sort of permanent love affair the American people were strangely also having with the same Democrat agenda of “transformation” for this country that voters had rejected for decades.
Democrats rigged the Illinois redistricting based on their belief that suddenly the country would vote massively in favor of Democrats in all future elections…and the redistricted races were setup so that Democrat candidates would win in cake walks. Instead, Republicans are winning in places that Democrats should have cruised to election or re-elecion with ease. If this is happening in Illinois, which was the Democrats most favored “home field” then it’s happening all across the country too. Democrats do not have 1/4 of the support from the public that they believed they had since they presumed that 2008 was “transformational” and not a fluke.
THIS is why all the polls that Minitru has forced on you are so wrong…they, too, assumed that 2008 provides a valid benchmark of support for Democrats…and no one is treating it like the fad and fluke that it really was. I think this is because, largely, we’ve never had a presidential election fad in this country before where a candidate like Obama becomes a “happening” like the Cabbage Patch Kids, New Kids on the Block, leg warmers, Furrbies, or Beanie Babies and rational people get sucked up into zealous craziness wanting to participate in the sugar-high of the fad…before the whole thing crashes down to Earth and everything related to the fad ends up in the discount remainders bin.
THAT is where Democrats are right now in 2012. THAT is why the redistricted Illinois races are not going the way Democrats planned. THAT is why Republicans will keep the House, take the Senate, and send Romney/Ryan to the White House.
Now, Minitru’s main job is to convince you that your own eyes are lying and that Obama is EVEN MORE popular than ever but all you need to do is drive around your home town to know that the Obama fad from 2008 long ago ended. I think it crested in mid-January 2009, right around the time of his Inauguration, and was definitely over by the time Democrats were forcing Obamacare through the Senate despite the cries of constituents to not ram through something so nation-changing WITHOUT EVEN READING THE BILL FIRST. By 2010, everything Obama-related was in the remainders bin like discarded Beanie Babies. There has been no massive rediscovery of the Obama fad in 2012 and there never will be because this is not how fads work. They are never rediscovered and made hot again. Some fads attempt to come back, true, but they are never the same “happening” and are just mainly for nostalgists.
The only people voting for Obama in this election are those who’ll vote Democrat no matter who the candidate is and those people who are nostalgic for the Hope and Change that Obama promised in 2008 that these people really believed would magically change their lives. No new people are added to Obama’s fad, and many of those formerly infatuated with his fad have moved on from their lives and away from him. He does not win the election as a result.
If you have any attention-seeking Eeyores in your life or if you see writers like Erik Erikson trumpeting Minitru’s talking points in favor of Obama, please remind them of all this and ask them if anything they are saying logically meshes with what you can see WITH YOUR OWN EYES. The excitement and love affair is just not there for Obama in 2012 and he honestly seems to know it based on the performance he gave at that debate in Denver. The thrill is gone. The current president was either seriously depressed, physically ill, or on drugs at that debate. I think it’s a mix of all three. He reminded me of a water-stained, dusty, mold-covered Beanie Baby that has been living in the attic in a cardboard box for the last four years…since the person who once loved it so much moved on to something else and left it up there.
This man is not winning anything in November. He is going to lose, and lose big.
Just how big is the question of the moment and I don’t know how to answer that because we’ve never been in a position like this, where someone was elected to the presidency in a fad and the fad expires abruptly before even the mid-way point of his presidency. I think Election Day is going to be beyond brutal for Obama. I think people feel betrayed and duped…and are angry enough to deliver Democrats more than a few surprises. If the Illinois redistricted Congressional races are not going as planned for Democrats and these contests were SPECIFICALLY designed to be cake walks for their candidates…then just imagine how decimated the Left is going to be in places where they couldn’t hand-pick the boundaries of the election.
I think we’re going to see states Democrats have always counted on flip to Romney. I think all previous firewalls of the Left are going to collapse. I really see something like an eruption of Mount Vesuvius leveling the Democrat Party wherever it stands, coast to coast.
These are the last days of the Obama regime…the final collapse of the notion of his fad…and I hope it all takes Minitru and the Tokyo Roses in conservative ranks down with it.
This is an Open Thread so please tell us what’s on YOUR mind.
Do you agree with the above and see it happening near you?
Give us a Ground Report from your part of the country! Remember: Minitru won’t report on what’s happening by you. What YOU see and hear is more important than anything MSNBC or CNN is saying. So please chime in with a ground report of how you think your neighbors in your state will be voting. It is crucial to this election to get that word out because it directly contradicts any DOOM REPORTS that Minitru tries running to breed Eeyores in Republican ranks. Eeyores are really Obama’s last hope for reelection. It’s our job to shut Eeyores down. You can help by providing insight into what’s happening on the ground by you that will force even the worst of the Eeyores to realize that Minitru is lying to them again and there is no way Obama is going to win.
The real question is just how much he’ll lose by…so let’s do all we can to make it a HUGE and UNPRECEDENTED loss for Democrats!