Posts Tagged ‘Daily Doom Antidote
[Click above to embiggen: the disgusting “truck attack” headlines that the deceitful Media wrote instead of honestly telling people that yet another Muslim went on a murder spree and killed a bunch of Westerners.]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Screengrab and save how Media is reporting on Islam’s latest attack on the West. Look at how almost every media outlet is writing their stories as if the truck sprang to life (like in a Stephen King story) and went on a rampage on its own, with no Muslim driving it. “The truck attacked Nice, France!” No…what had happened was yet another Muslim went on a murder spree in service of his deranged, medievalist death cult and now the Media is trying inventive new ways to hide this information from headlines. The other day when people saw that what Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was crossing a line and entering new territory in terms of misconduct by a SCOTUS member, today really is a line in the sand that the Media has crossed when it comes to intellectual dishonesty. They clearly like to the public. There is no clearer proof than the Media saying “truck crash kills 80 in France,” as if this was a highway accident and not a Muslim deliberately plowing a large vehicle through a crowd of Western families with the intent to murder as many of them as he could. Muslims are monsters, but the Media wants to pretend this isn’t true and bends over backwards to hide the evil things that the monsters do. Imagine if this was a shark attack that killed 80 or more people…but the Media instead wrote headlines that said, “80 people die in ocean.” Is that really what happened? If you read an obituary of someone you know died from cancer, but the obituary said that the person “didn’t wake up one day,” would that be true? Is it permissible for the Media to alter reality in such gross and strange ways? We are into truly George Orwell territory now: this is like Baghdad Bob in Iraq blatantly lying on tee-vee that no US troops were in Iraq (when American tanks were literally rolling right behind him). This is Pravda territory from the old Soviet Union. When a Muslim rams a truck into a crowd and commits vehicular jihad but the Media chooses to run cover for Islam by writing that “people died in a truck crash,” it is like reviewing the movie JAWS but choosing to describe it as a film about people who mysteriously died in the ocean one summer…but no one knows how or why. This is a new low for our corrupt and despicable media. All of these people writing those “truck crash” headlines should be jobless.
2. I’m still profoundly disappointed in Trump allegedly picking Mayonnaise-in-a-Suit Mike Pence to be his VP. I really hope he is reconsidering and does something brash today and tells Pence he’s changed his mind. We are clearly in a war that Islam has declared on the West. Mike Pence has made statements supportive of Muslim colonization efforts. He’s the wrong man for Trump to choose to stand with him on the ticket. Trump needs someone strong and tough, not meek and mousy. A pale, white-haired, John McCain clone is a bad choice, especially one who wants to continue Paul Ryan’s unrestricted importation of Muslim colonists to our shores. I don’t know who got to Trump or what the Cocktail Party did to neuter him, but I’m sick about it. I keep hoping that Mike Pence is just a red herring and a brilliant fake out. It will be heartbreaking if Trump screws the country over by teaming up with such a meek little wimp like Pence. We need Rambo right now. With Pence, we get Bea Arthur. Trump must do better.
3. It’s weird seeing all the Media attention on Cleveland right now. That’s my hometown, though I haven’t lived there in many years. Some of you have asked me for restaurant recommendations and things to do in Cleveland during the RNC convention…but the last time I spent much time in Cleveland was over 10 years ago at this point. There are some places that I loved that are still around and are still excellent, so for those of you who are interested, here are my picks for great food and entertainment that Cleveland has to offer during the convention:
* Mallorca = this is a Spanish Mediterranean restaurant in Cleveland’s Warehouse District. Get the chorizo appetizer and the garlic pork chops for an entree. For dessert, they used to have different sorbets served in carved out fruit (orange sorbet in a hollow orange, pineapple in a carved out pineapple, etc.). Portions are generous and the staff are charming.
* Hyde Park Steak House = In the Tower City complex right on Public Square; restaurant is in an old bank. Great steaks. Garlic mashed potatoes. Bavarian pretzel rolls. It’s a wonderful place.
* Sterle’s Country House = This is a Slovenian restaurant on East 55th, so a drive from downtown. Since Melania Trump is from Slovenia, this is a fun thematic thing to try. Slovenian food is similar to Austrian/German food. Schnitzel. Breaded chicken and pork. Sausages. Things like that. Inside there are gorgeous paintings of Slovenian country scenes. It’s unique. There’s nothing like it in Chicago or anywhere else that I have ever been.
* Hofbrau House = This is a chain, with a Hofbrau House in various cities so it’s not as unique as Sterle’s. But they did a wonderful job building this place. Beer, German food, lots of good times to be had.
* Good Time III and Nautica Queen = These are boats on which you can take a cruise of Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River. The Good Time III is a river cruise with some time on the lake; the Nautica is a dinner/lunch cruise on the lake. I used to love doing these cruises when I lived in Cleveland. It’s very pretty out on the water.
* Rock and Roll Hall of Fame = I don’t know what to say about this place. It’s there. Cleveland worked hard to win the rights to it. But all these years after they built it I still don’t see the point to it. It’s a really interested building that looks like it’s a record player built on the water. But inside the exhibits look like they took department store mannequins and put rock star those on them. I suppose you can’t go to Cleveland without seeing this the way that you can’t come to Chicago without going to the Sears/Willis Tower…but it’s EXPENSIVE to get inside this place. I think it should be $10 for what they have to offer, but instead they charge almost $25. I think that’s a ripoff. If I was you, I would just go into the lobby, take some pictures, take pictures outside, and then have a picnic in the cute little Voinovich Park that’s there.
* Cleveland Metroparks Zoo = It’s a short drive from the city and a zoo that is worth seeing just for the new elephants exhibit. You’ve never seen anything like this. Even Disney doesn’t have anything this nice at Animal Kingdom. They have a whole African village recreated, where elephants move from one side to the other in a migration throughout the day. They also have a gorgeous North American exhibit with wolves and other woodland creatures, setup to look like you are in an old frontier cabin. There is a big rainforest building too that is pretty spectacular. Instead of going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I think the zoo in Cleveland is much more fun.
* Cleveland Museum of Art = We have a fantastic Art Museum in Cleveland. Even though I haven’t lived there in years, I still say “we” because I have such an affinity for this place. I spent so much time there as a kid. I think it’s better than the Art Institute in Chicago.
* Garfield’s Tomb = President Garfield is entombed in Cleveland. He has an impressive tower-like mausoleum in Lake View Cemetery near Cleveland’s Little Italy. If you climb the tower, there is an incredible view of downtown. Then you could go have lunch in one of the restaurants in Little Italy. There, you will find 24-hour bakeries where you can get hot cherry donuts any time you want. I miss those.
* The Cleveland Public Library on Superior = If you have an hour or two to kill, you should go into the Cleveland Public Library right on Superior Avenue. It’s right in the heart of where everything convention related is happening. It’s a gorgeous palace of a library with murals everywhere and a reading garden designed by Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Wall in DC). Inside the library, on the second or third floor, there is a hidden room of treasures: suits of armor, rare books, other curios. Another floor has a giant globe. It’s an impressive place with lots of art, frescoes, sculptures, etc. I think it’s a nice place to spend some hours just enjoying being in Cleveland. I wrote about this very library in my book with Megan Fox, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment (though I used it as an example of a GOOD library, not one where bad things were happening like in Orland Park, Illinois).
* The Lobby Lounge bar at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel = If you want to spot anyone famous, your best chance will be in the bar at the Ritz-Carlton. They often have either a harpist or a piano player playing. They serve all sorts of fun martinis and have a nice selection of food too. There are few fancy hotels in Cleveland. It’s pretty much the Ritz. So anyone important will be staying at the Ritz. If you want to bump into someone famous in town for the convention, your best chance will be in the Lobby Lounge at the Ritz because they will no doubt be hanging out there after the convention events.
Since I moved away, Cleveland constructed a casino but I’ve never been inside. So much has changed since I was last back home. If anyone wants more specifics on fun ideas, please ask in comments…but with all the convention events I can’t imagine you will have much sightseeing or free time. Cleveland has a gorgeous public square downtown laid out on a grid system. It’s easy to get around. Hard to get lost. The concierge at every hotel will be nice and knowledgeable. Clevelanders have been waiting years to be in the spotlight so they will help you and show you where to have a good time and will take good care of you. They will be proud to show off their city to you and welcome you to town. Just don’t expect the amenities of Chicago or New York. Cleveland is its own thing: a small town with skyscrapers that used to be a big city until Democrats ruined it, but is hanging on by the skin of its teeth and wants to impress you.
That’s how you should see it. Remember that Cleveland is a place that Jay Leno and David Letterman used to make fun of nonstop, though I never understood why. I love my home town and always will. I hope you love it too while you are there for the convention (or watching on the tee-vee).
What else is on your mind today?
[Hoping that this isn’t true and it’s all a practical joke or something. I can’t think of a worse VP for Trump. What did they do to Trump and who got to him to force Pence to be the VP? Shaking my head.]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Trying to wrap my head around the notion that Donald Trump has somehow been bullied or forced to take mayonnaise-in-a-suit Mike Pence as his VP. As I understand it, Pence was manufactured in the same factory that produced John McCain, Mitt Romney, Jon Huntsman, John Thune, and other dull-as-dirt establishment types like that. Donald Trump picking Mike Pence as his VP is like Rodney Dangerfield co-starring with Jessica Tandy in a buddy picture. Maybe some of you would like that, but I don’t know how a marriage like that would work. Rodney needs to be Rodney…and people like Rodney for being Rodney. Jessica Tandy had her own thing, which people liked or didn’t like…but no one ever stood in line for hours or beat down the door to see Fried Green Tomatoes (which I happened to enjoy). Rodney Dangerfield walked into a room and the whole room stopped, even people who thought he was crass and obnoxious and loud. He was an American institution. He was larger than life. He was Trump. The fact that I can so easily liken Mike Pence to an octogenarian actress best known for sitting quietly in the back of a car or demurely eating tomatoes illustrates how odd a pairing this is.
2. Is the Mike Pence as VP thing just an elaborate practical joke? That’s seriously the hope I am clinging to this afternoon as I type this. My stomach feels sick and deflated. I feel like being a kid and looking forward to Christmas, only a few days before I find the presents hidden in the closet and it’s not any of the things from the Sears catalog that I had been pining for. I wanted the big Thundercats Cats-Lair play set with laser-cannon and trapdoor and action sounds…and instead I’m getting Smurfs Colorforms and maybe an Etch-a-Sketch. I had always expected Donald Trump to pick someone blow-the-doors-off-the-hinges AMAZING as VP…but according to Matt Drudge, Trump is saying F-U to everyone and giving us Colorform cut-out Mike Pence instead. I guess it could be worse. But, I still hold-out hope that Trump is like my parents back in the 1980s…where they were sneaky and did the best president of all someplace ingenious that I could never find…so that on Christmas morning I was surprised with something better than I ever imagined, after the fake-out of the other stuff. Is Trump that bold and creative? Is he really just faking us all out today with this dull-as-dirt Mike Pence VP tease…only to set the stage for massive mind-blowing tomorrow! Boy do I hope so. If not, then someone has gotten to Trump and has told him to stop being Trump and start being Mitt Romney and/or John McCain and/or Bob Dole and that it is time for him to stop winning and start doing meek and mousy things to lose to the Democrat because that’s what George Soros or whoever wants and the Chamber of Commerce agrees. I just hate that thought.
3. Yesterday I spotted the first groups of people around Chicago lost in space and playing that #PokemonGO. They were wandering around at night in parts of town where I don’t especially think it is safe to be out at night unless you are paying attention. My boyfriend Justin was once almost mugged when he was listening to music on his phone at this intersection near us. When he was waiting for the light to change, a thug on a bike road by and tried snatching Justin’s phone; he only saved it because the earphones’ cord kept the thief (a “youth” of course, targeting gay men for robbing) from yoinking it. Justin then had to run away before he got a beating (for being audacious enough not to let the “youth” take what he wanted from a white guy in Chicago). At this same intersection, I saw gay guys wandering around looking for Pokemon characters, absorbed into little worlds on their phones. SO MANY MUGGINGS are going to happen in Chicago because of this game. It’s encouraging people to go places that are not safe late at night and to not pay any attention when they are out and about. This is the dumbest thing ever. But it is taking the city by STORM and is the most popular thing I’ve seen come along in a great while. It is a full-on fad now. People are already obsessed. Just watch for creative criminals to start luring idiots to their deaths using this game.
What else is on your minds today?
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Drudge Report is really pushing hard for Mike Pence to be Trump’s VP. Today there was also a report on Twitter that Trump is at Pence’s home in Indiana today. I’ve always thought that Mike Pence looked too much like John McCain for me to ever want to deal with. He could be McCain’s son. He also looks like Blake Carrington from Dynasty, which you would think would win him points in my book since I’m gay and, hello, DYNASTY. I’ve never liked Mike Pence though. I’m sure he’s a lovely man…but he’s too straight out of central casting for “generic Republican,” like you’d see in any bad movie or tee-vee show. I’ve wanting Trump to pick a black woman or black man for his VP because I believe that will drive the Left bonkers…and would give blacks (who shamelessly color-vote based on the skin of a candidate running for office) a reason to vote Republican for the first time in their lives. Mia Love or Allen West would have been my top VP picks for Trump. But, thinking about Pence and his generic Republican-ness…maybe he does add something to a Trump ticket. Trump himself brings lots of color and energy and he’s driving the Left bonkers all on his own. He clearly does not need the classic “attack dog” VP because Trump relishes delivering his own scathing attacks and is no shrinking violet. Maybe it’s smart to pair him with someone like Pence, who people have a hard time saying anything bad about. I’ve never liked Pence and all I can say bad about him is that he looks like a more handsome clone of McCain or that he could have been played by John Forsythe in a movie. Seeing him next to Trump, I think he makes the Trump campaign look more serious and it gives the appearance that Trump wants to win…and more so than that he wants to govern after winning. By all accounts, Pence is a competent governor and if he could deliver Indiana to Trump then he might have influence in bringing Ohio over too. Winning the Midwest and Pennsylvania would be key to a Trump victory. So this might be a smart way for Trump to go.
2. Target is legitimately not a place for women or families to shop. If you shop at Target, you need to stop. What Target has done is unconscionable, because Target has essentially sent out a message to the freak and pervert community that Target is a place that will willfully look the other way and allow sexual crimes to happen there, all in the name of diversity. When any place telegraphs that it will allow perverts to come there and will not call the police when they infringe on or violate other people’s rights, it’s a recipe for disaster. Megan Fox and I encountered exactly this with the Orland Park Public Library, which we wrote about in our new book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In our example, the Library staff let it be known that they do not call the police when men masturbate at the computers in that library and they would not even call the police when men were accessing child pornography on the computers. They openly made it clear that they would look the other way and allow sex crimes to keep happening in that library. Female staff who had a problem with this were told they should quit if they did not like working in a sexually hostile work environment. Do you know what happened? The Orland Park Public Library became the place that creeps and perverts knew they could go to and do whatever they wanted and that staff would not call the police. As documented in our book, this led to the Orland Park Public Library having regular incidents of sex crime that were not talking place in other libraries…because the creeps and perverts knew they could do things in Orland Park that they would be arrested for in other communities. Orland Park then became synonymous with sex crimes and is a national laughingstock and butt of jokes because of that. This is exactly what Target has done to itself: it is telegraphing that if you are someone who wants to do things that would not be accepted in other stores, that you are invited by Target to go and do these things in their stores and they won’t call the police on you. It is an open invitation for lewd behavior, voyeurism, etc. because Target has stated that it won’t be protecting women and families…just like the Orland Park Public Library stated that it wouldn’t protect women or families.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg should resign from the Supreme Court immediately. She has embarrassed herself and permanently damaged the reputation of the SCOTUS. For good reason, Americans have lost faith in our government because so many institutions have proven to be undeserving of the public’s trust in recent years. The IRS is clearly a political weapon being used against the Left’s enemies and it should be disbanded. The FBI just recently proved that it has no legitimacy and that it serves as a Palace Guard for the Left, picking and choosing which Americans the law applies to and which ones are too powerful or prominent to be prosecuted. Our government feels like that of the old Soviet Union at this point, where the favored elite skate by and do whatever they wish and we the plebeians are subject to the draconian oppression of the state whenever the state chooses to use the system against us. Ruth Bader Ginsburg should be ashamed of herself by making this situation worse, since now the SCOTUS appears to be taking punches in the political fray as well. We all knew that at least 4 of the remaining 7 Justices are far-Left in their worldviews…but until Ginsburg did this we could at least pretend that they were professional and hope that in certain circumstances they would put their personal feelings aside and respect the history and importance of the SCOTUS being impartial (however much of a fantasy that is). Ginsburg cannot be trusted to come within 100 feet of any case that in any way relates to the Trump campaign or presidency. She must resign immediately. We as a nation also need to take a hard look at the lifetime appointments of these Justices. Ginsburg should be used as a strong argument for term limits and age cut-offs for service on the SCOTUS. There should both be a term-limit for SCOTUS appointments and also a mandatory retirement age. Appoint a Justice for a single 10 year term, with mandatory retirement at 75. 10 years would be more than any president could ever serve in the Oval. There should also be a mechanism to remove a Justice who makes political remarks like Ginsburg just did that cross a line the way that she has done.
What else is on your mind today?
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. As of this writing, 5 Dallas police officers were shot and killed last night during a Black Lives Matter occupation event. Strangely (or, is it typically?), the media is refusing to identify the suspected murderers. The media only does that when the killers are Muslim or (less typically) black. The murders of the police officers appear to have been very well-coordinated, with trained snipers involved. That sounds like it would be more in line with Muslim terrorists than with any spur of the moment violence resulting from the Black Lives Matter presence en scene. This close to Orlando’s massacre of almost 50 gays by Muslims in Orlando, it’s obvious the media would want to suppress any information about Muslims being involved in the Dallas murders if that indeed is the case. Here in Chicago, the media deliberately will not report that blacks are involved when it is instances of black-on-gay crime in areas like Boystown, where black “youth” from the Southside head up north to hunt gay men late at night. Gays leaving the bars and walking home are bashed, robbed, and in some cases murdered by black “youth”…yet those who report on these crimes always contort themselves into pretzels avoiding mentioning that blacks were involved. People who work for the Dinosaur Media engage in a kind of obsessive values-signaling when they omit vital information like any sort of description of the people committing violent crimes (because the reporters want to “help” that poor minority group by not perpetuating a negative perception of that group…by accurately reporting on members of the group preying on gay people and hurting/killing them). The fact that so little is known at the moment about the people who engaged in the attack on Dallas is a bright red flag that the values-signaling media is deliberately hiding something. The government is on this too in many cases and will withhold identifying information about Muslims (or sometimes blacks) who engage in violent crimes. Again, politics and the ideological narrative they want to tell gets in the way of reporting on what actually happens in this country.
2. We need to have an honest and open conversation about the police in our country. Because at least 5 police officers in Dallas were murdered yesterday, that thing will happen when we as a society will now feel pressure to not say a bad word about the police for a period of time, as doing so would be disrespectful to the brave and good officers who were killed senselessly by what appears to be premeditated assassins who targeted the police for some reason (whether it was Islam or a Black Lives Matter agenda). I think as a culture we should resist the urge to silence valid criticism of the police because a national conversation has to be had about the root causes behind the horrendous Black Lives Matter radicalism. BLM is just the latest manifestation of what was Occupy Wall Street in 2012 (and was essentially the Obama campaign in 2008). This is just the most radical elements of the Left changing and reshaping and reforming every few years into something new and destructive: in this latest guise as BLM, they’ve revved up racial animosity and encouraged black people to commit violence in the same way that the Left is aggressively importing Muslim colonists to create more chaos and violence in this country. It’s all part of the Left’s Cloward-Piven strategy to destabilize and collapse the country through transformative chaos (after which these fools believe some magical utopia will follow). BLM are useful idiots for the Left…and they are despicable for sure…but the police in places like Chicago are out of control and good police officers never seem to admit that there are bad apples in their ranks. This is similar to how Muslims never seem to do anything about the Islamic terrorists in their midst. If the shooters yesterday were part of Black Lives Matter, then it must be addressed that Black Lives Matter couldn’t exist if police in big cities like Chicago didn’t earn a reputation for hurting or killing people senselessly (and good cops covering up for the bad ones because of a code of silence the police have when circling the wagons). When something tragic happens, we as a country tend to go into lockdown mode and overcompensate by deciding to self-censor “out of respect.” For many months after 9/11, no criticism of police was allowed either because many police officers died in the Trade Center towers. I think we can — and should — separate our feelings of support for the officers murdered from the ongoing conversation we need to have about what role police should fill in our society and how they should treat the public. They should not be a paramilitary force that cracks skulls and victimizes the public like a gestapo stormtrooper force. At the same time, the police officers who are doing their jobs well should be honored by a grateful public for being professional and brave and dedicated to protecting and serving. The problem is that the police don’t self-police and have allowed bad apples to spoil the public’s trust, to the point where in Chicago at least I don’t think the average reasonable person would tell you that they have any trust at all in Chicago cops (who are by and large seen as always looking for some way to harass, punish, or persecute Chicagoans…particularly minorities). All of this animosity and resentment that the police themselves caused by allowing bad apples to continue on the force has fueled the Black Lives Matter agenda…which may have either resulted in yesterday’s tragedy (or been co-opted by another group, such as Muslims, who wanted to set off a powder keg). We still don’t know exactly what went down in Dallas…but we shouldn’t allow our knee-jerk feelings one way or the other to impeded the adult, mature, reasoned, and considered conversation that we all need to have about how police should be used in modern society to protect and serve the public (not harass and persecute us). Now is a time for calm. For rational thought. For honoring the fallen but not going into overcompensation mode that disallows any valid criticism of police because people are feeling emotional in this moment. Black Lives Matter, however, really does need to come to an end and disappear after this. It was always an Alinsky astroturfed political tool the Left was using to foster chaos…and the Left needs to put this away and retreat for a while, like it did with Occupy Wall Street.
3. You have got to read the comments on this article about George Takei reacting negatively to the new Star Trek movie ret-conning his character Sulu as gay. This is from a website called AintItCool.com that I have been reading since the late 1990s. Though the years, it’s been a very Leftist site…bashing Bush, bashing McCain/Palin, bashing Romney, very pro-Obama…but there’s a change lately, as I think there’s a subtle change happening a lot of places now that the Golden Age of Hope and Change is coming to an end and people (even on the Left) are no longer feeling the social pressure to toe the ideological line at every moment of the day. Yesterday, it was announced that in the new Star Trek movie that the character Sulu (played by John Chu in the most recent films) would be openly gay, have a husband, and be raising a daughter in the most heteronormative way. George Takei, who played Sulu in the original tee-vee series and in the first set of Star Trek movies, thinks this sucks. I agree with him on so many levels. First, I don’t think established characters need to be radically changed (or ret-conned…which is the term for saying today that a character has always been This or That, completely changing who that character has always been, because you want to retroactively reconceive — ret-con — the character to suit some ideological purpose today). Most times, a white character is emblackened (made black) because Hollywood is just too damn lazy to come up with an original black character (so they will make Jimmy Olsen or Perry White black — or both — in a Superman show or movie). This thing with Sulu is the first time I am aware of that Hollywood has decided to ret-con someone as gay who was never gay before.
Second, I’m a gay guy who doesn’t like how Hollywood wants to domesticate and heteronormalize gay people. Not every gay guy needs to be depicted as being partnered up and raising a daughter (usually generically Asian, like on Modern Family). This is more values-signaling by Hollywood: where the idiots making these movies or shows think it proves what enlightened and perfect people they are because they can conceive gay male characters who are “normal” and “good” because they are aping what straight people do. I’m not sure where the obsession came from where gay men all have to have Asian babies though, but it’s strange. Years ago, I was at a Christmas party where guys were trading stories about the weirdest things their families ever did after they either came out or people woke up and realized that they were gay. The winner of the storytelling round was clearly the guy whose family bought him a dress for Christmas. I hope this really happened and it was not just an urban legend he retold, because it was hilarious. His well-meaning family figured out he was gay and wanted to make being gay “easier” for him by acknowledging it on Christmas morning…by giving him a dress. This guy was a rough and tumble rugby/hockey sort who never had any cross-dressing inclinations, but his family in Indiana or wherever just assumed that he would want a dress (like the shapeless, boxy kind Barbara Bush favored in the late-80s). He opened the box and was horrified…but at the same time he was touched that his family really thought they were doing a great thing for him. Which put him in the awkward position of having to explain to them that, no, this was not how it worked…but he was grateful they tried.
George Takei’s not really grateful that Hollywood “tried” by ret-conning Sulu into a gay man when the character was always straight. I’m not glad they tried either. Again, just like when Little Orphan Annie is emblackened or one of the super heroes is suddenly “diversified” by randomly making the character an ethnic minority instead of a caucasian, I don’t understand why the idiots pecking at keyboards in Tinseltown couldn’t come up with a new character who happened to be gay. In every Star Trek movie, there are new characters. Instead of making one of them straight, just have him be gay. Diversity ensues…yet the insulting ret-conning isn’t needed. Whenever a character is emblackened (or emfaggened in this) I just roll my eyes and view it like someone giving out hand-me-downs. Hollywood was tired of Little Orphan Annie and didn’t want to play with her anymore, so she was given to black people as Black Annie. Someone gets bored writing Spiderman or Captain America comics, so instead of stopping they turn the character black and let black people have him for a while (until it gets popular again and then the character is returned to “normal”). I’m tired of all this garbage.
What surprised me is that the Lefty commenters on AintItCool are tired of it as well! And they actually pick up on the values-signaling all this involves and they hate that as well! So, this is proof that there is hope for our society and culture. The Left has pushed its transformative agenda so far and for so long that even Leftist Millennial males hanging out on a very Lefty site can see this garbage for what it is and they can’t stand it anymore either.
We are definitely in a period of change where people are sick of the political correctness, the emblackening, and now the emfaggening. Hallelujah for small miracles.
What else is on your mind at the start of this weekend?
Read the rest of this entry »
[H/t LegalInsurrection for the devastating video above, where Morning Joe rips into FBI Director Comey over the decision not to move forward with prosecution under Espionage Act of Hillary Clinton]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Donald Trump should not listen to GOP consultants. Ann Coulter had a great article up yesterday where she went into this, how now that Trump is close to being the official nominee that he will fall victim to the GOP Consultant Class that doomed the McCain and Romney campaigns. Remember that these are the same Cocktail Party consultants who told McCain to just give up and stop campaigning in the last month of the 2008 election and who told Romney not to go after Obama over Benghazi after Romney won the first of the Romney-Obama debates (but after that Romney just phoned it in and surrendered the race). The Cocktail Party crowd seems to take the candidate aside and somehow convinces these guys to lose the race. I have no idea why anyone listens to these people. Trump needs to just be Trump. He needs to call his own shots. He should not be listening to a single person who worked in any way on the McCain or Romney campaigns. But, the Cocktail Partiers seems to have been behind taking down that tweet the other day. Nothing should ever be taken down. Taking things down validates the Left’s Alinsky attacks and gives the Left power. That’s Politics-101, but something the Cocktail Party doesn’t understand. Trump needs to stop listening to them.
2. You have got to read Joel Pollack’s latest article on Breitbart. He really nails a lot of what makes Leftists who they are. A big part of it is that they constantly want to silence anyone whom they disagree with. If the Left does not like hearing something, they aggressively move to shut it down and shut up the person delivering the unpopular opinion. My friend Megan Fox and I encountered exactly this on the ground here in Chicago over the last few years. We wrote about exactly this in our book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In our case, we discovered that sex crimes were happening and not being reported to authorities in a Chicago suburban library, where the staff actively worked to cover all this up and even pressured female employees who complained about it to quit their jobs if they didn’t like it. The local government and local police targeted us for harassment and intimidation to try to scare us away and shut us up and stop us from confronting the elected trustees about what was happening. They even filed a SLAPP (strategic litigation against public participation) lawsuit against us to silence us and attempt to restrict our future speech. This is how the Left operates at large. Friends and family of people who worked at the library and other members of the American Library Association went on social media and made death and rape threats against Megan. Someone vandalized her car and threw dead animals into her drive way. It was insane. All because the Left did not like that the unreported sex crimes happening in an American Library Association member library were being criticized and exposed by members of the public who had uncovered documentation of this evil through Freedom of Information Act requests. The local media refused to report on any of this because reporters did not want to run a story where a library was shown to be doing anything wrong. Leftists saw that the Left’s agenda of sexualizing children and using public libraries as transformation agents in communities was being challenged, so Leftists did what they always do…and tried to silence and intimidate and bully the people they disagreed with. This is all standard operating practices for the Left. Start paying attention to stories where you see this happening over and over and over again: you will be amazed at how predictable the Left is and you will start to understand how small of a bubble Leftists live in because they aggressively oppress and censor any conflicting opinions.
3. Virginia Hale at Breitbart writes about how Muslim colonists coming to the West have no skills and are unemployable. This should be obvious to everyone. What’s happening to Europe is similar to what’s happening here in the US: the worst of the worst of the Third World is being purposely sent to the West to colonize our nations and disrupt our national identities. These are people who are not wanted in their own countries because they have no skills (and many have mental or other problems). In Europe’s case, it’s clear that Muslim families are sending their unwanted, trouble-making, psychologically damaged sons to the West to get rid of them (and also hope to obtain money from Germany or Sweden or wherever when the Muslims get sent back). None of these people will ever provide any sort of value or benefit to the countries they are colonizing. They will never do anything productive for the places they land. Instead, they will just congregate together in little, destructive Muslim colonies within the Western nation, never assimilating and instead festering and fermenting hatred of the West. This is all a giant recipe for disaster. Muslim countries are deliberately doing this, as these unwanted Muslims who are being sent to the West are useful for establishing colonies that will serve as stepping stones for future colonization and civilization jihad efforts. The West has no use for all of these unskilled, uneducated, and damaged Muslims. This is similar to how the United States has no use for the Third World peasants who are being dumped on us at our southern border. We do not have factories or other industry here any longer that needs millions of unskilled, uneducated people. All we are doing is taking in more mouths to feed and bodies to house on the taxpayers’ dime. It is all madness and folly.
What else is on your mind today?
[Click above to embiggen: Drudge’s front page for 7/6/16]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines.
1. Monica Crowley raised some great points in a Facebook post. For those of you out there who are upset that FBI Director Comey seemingly buckled under political pressure and chose not to recommend criminal charges for Hillary Clinton, Crowley raises the specter that this move harms Hillary in ways you might not see at first. Look around the Interwebs today and see something remarkable: there are different factions angry about this decision by the FBI for different reasons. Few people are cheering it and even fewer think it was the right call by the FBI. The majority consensus is that the FBI damaged itself and its credibility by refusing to recommend prosecution of Hillary for things that others, such as a “hero marine nailed for secret email,” were prosecuted for. Americans are a forgiving people but also possess an inextricable sense of fair play. Cheating and favoritism are frowned upon here…and once people form an opinion that someone is a cheater, that opinion never changes. What Hillary Clinton did to herself with this email garbage is probably the worst political mistake that any human being has made in American politics…because it redefined her to a lot of people. Even people who hated her before now hate her for a more concrete reason…and people who defended her for years and years (and even decades) now have said they’ve had it and this was the last straw. This is anecdotal, but it was my personal experience back in the snowy 2008 campaign leading up to Iowa: back when she ran the first time for president, animosity aimed at Hillary was over the fact that people wanted her to leave her husband and they were angry she stayed with him after he cheated. Others would say that Hillary was just someone’s wife and had accomplished nothing in her own right. A few people would just say they never liked her, but could not define why. It was just a nebulous dislike of her, or they didn’t want to say it was because they wanted her to leave her husband. Back in 2008, people were still very focused on wanting her to be divorced and to have left Bill. After the 2008 election and while she was Secretary of State, there was a brief period where even the people who said they hated her seemed to agree she would have been a better president than Obama. I think Hillary picked up on that, which is why she wanted to leave the State Department before she could mess that up in any way…she finally got people to stop talking about how much they wanted her to be divorced and how they hated her…and she even had Republicans saying she would have been better than Obama. In truth, if she had become president Hillary would have been very much like Jeb Bush in a pantsuit. The Bushes and the Clintons are one and the same at this point, and both families seem to take orders from the Saudis. How Benghazi was handled and Hillary’s tone-deaf response to that criticism and her strange decision to tell lies and to go along with whatever lies the Obama people were telling was a big blow to her…but one she could have recovered from because people’s memories are so short and Mitt Romney made the fateful decision in 2012 to not turn Benghazi into a big issue. Since Mitt didn’t care about it in the last days of the 2012 campaign, people at large didn’t care about Benghazi much after that. I know that there are those out there that are still VERY passionate about this failure of our government (and they should be)…but by and large the public moved on and didn’t blame Hillary for much if anything. And then this email scandal hit the fan, but even that was nebulous. It’s complicated for people to understand what was on which server etc. and why that matters. What people CAN understand however is favoritism and elitism and some people being above the law. I’ve seen people spitting mad since yesterday who have not been worked up about anything Hillary-related for years. These are people who don’t like her but were resigned to her becoming president because the fix always seemed in. What FBI Director Comey did yesterday changed that in a way that is still unfolding. People understand that laws were broken with those emails…and that the government chose not to do anything about it because Hillary is Hillary and is above the law. This angers people in a way that I don’t think the talking heads pundits appreciate. If Donald Trump keeps on this and if he pulls no punches and just keeps hammering it, he really has an opportunity to make people angry at both the Clintons and the establishment in a new way. Now, the people who could never really put into words why they hate Hillary Clinton have this concrete fresh example of why they hate her: the fact that the FBI said she was above the law and couldn’t be touched, no matter what she did. This is new. It is devastating because it taps into whatever hatred people had for Hillary for years but could never effectively articulate. Now, they have something they can say — and say loudly — and it’s cogent, relevant, and topical. “Extremely careless” will be said over and over again through November. I don’t know how Hillary will be able to overcome that if Trump does not let it go.
2. America has a major problem with government officials believing that the law does not apply to them. For the last few years, Megan Fox and I have been working on the ground in Illinois, mostly out in the southwest suburbs, studying and documenting corruption of local boards and municipal officials. You might think this would be less exciting or dangerous than covering national politics, but Megan and I actually faced more hostility and received more attacks/threats than either of us ever did on the national beat. After watching both McCain and Romney hand their elections to Obama and the Cocktail Party GOP Establishment consistently cave and surrender to the Left without any sort of a fight, Megan and I both independently decided that the only way to make a difference in American politics would be to focus on local matters…where we could be on the ground covering stories that the Dinosaur Media refused to cover. So, we formed Story Time Digital Media and let it be known that we’d report on wrongdoing and lawbreaking of local officials and public bodies. Our most fascinating and exciting case (so far) was the Orland Park Public Library Board and the lengths it went to in trying to scare us away and stop our investigation. Officials in Orland Park used the police there as a weapon against us, harassing us for almost two years when we’d pass out flyers or protest what elected officials were doing. They would repeatedly violate our First Amendment rights and censor us, bully us, threatened us, etc. We caught Orland Park officials breaking the law over and over again but they all had the attitude that they didn’t care because even though violations of our state’s Open Meetings Act carry misdemeanor Class-C criminal penalties, the State’s Attorney and Attorney General made it clear years ago that they would never prosecute local officials for violating the law. The police also made it clear that they were there to do what the local officials said and that they would harass the public if the local officials wanted the public to be harassed. It is remarkably similar to the attitude that the FBI has when it comes to Hillary Clinton violating the law with the “extremely careless” email scandal. We have a real problem in this country where the government at all levels seems to be covering and running interference for other branches of government, with law enforcement openly and unapologetically hostile towards the public and working as a sort of praetorian guard for elected officials. I urge you to start paying attention to your own local government officials: school boards, library boards, village boards, parks & rec boards, county boards, etc. because I am certain you will find people who are breaking the law left and right (but law enforcement views them as being above the law and will do nothing about it). What we caught happening in Orland Park is happening where you live. Maybe some of what Megan and I went through and documented in our book (SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment) will be useful or instructive for you.
3. Anecdotal remarks at Independence Day parties. My boyfriend Justin and I attended a few Independence Day parties, after going to a suburban parade in the morning. We went to a mixture of get-to-togethers. The first was a Tea Party kind of group, with people I’ve known since 2009 or so; the second was a BBQ with people I met on a recent case that Megan and I worked where we helped do Freedom of Information Act research and gave Open Meetings Act advice/support to some people who were challenging their out-of-control local board; and then the day ended with drinks and fireworks with a younger gay crowd that Justin knows. So, two of the groups were politically minded and the gay group was, sadly, like all gay groups (and had a lot of the Left’s brainwashing from the “gay community”). This is not a representative sample of anything, but it’s still interesting noticing the changes in people. Remember this is before the FBI Director gave his press conference on 7/5/16, so no one was angry over that yet. In conversations, the election came up and there was never any love for Hillary Clinton. Because people know I worked hard on the 2008 campaign, I’m always expected to defend Hillary, as if I know her personally and am an official surrogate for her. I’ve found that I can’t defend her anymore and that has been true for some time. A big breaking point with me happened because of Hillary’s (and all Democrats’) coziness with Muslims and how the Left wants to aggressively colonize the West with Islam. All Democrats want this and view Muslims as useful, since they disrupt communities and cause chaos as they colonize the West. The Left uses that chaos and violence to then push for gun control, to disarm the public and make it easier for the government to control all our lives. Democrats are basically bringing sharks into the local swimming pools because once the sharks start eating people and causing mayhem then Democrats get to say “You need us to make the pools safe again!,” and of course the answer they have for making things safer is draconian control over everyone’s lives. At that suburban parade in Will County on Monday, the local government proudly featured brand new armored SWAT vehicles and what looked like a war tank in the parade. Why a farming county like Will County needs a paramilitary SWAT war machine is beyond comprehension…but it was just the government showing off that it was powerful and that it had things at its disposal that could really hurt the public if the public ever decided to rise up against the government. Personally, though, I looked at the tens of thousands of people lining the street for the parade…and that giant black SWAT tank seemed pretty puny compared to all of the able-bodied, strong, and patriotic Americans who turned out that morning for the parade. I firmly believe that when things hit the fan that the Left will be sorely disappointed and downright stunned by how useless the paramilitary equipment is against Americans. When the American people finally have enough and decide to topple this corrupt government, the police and state troopers and national guard will have to make a choice between firing on American citizens or turning on the Leftists who count on using law enforcement as an American gestapo. I find it impossible to believe that the good men and women in uniform will make the wrong choice…or that even if they did that they could overwhelm the sheer numbers of Americans who would be shouting ENOUGH! and demanding a return to our constitutional republic. But, every year at these parades when those SWAT vehicles drive by people worry and show fear over them…though more and more people look upon those vehicles with resentment and the sense that it really is only a matter of time before the public and our corrupt government come to revolutionary blows.
Over and over again at whatever party we were at, people would tiptoe around the election in a weird way. No one wanted to be avowedly pro-Trump when talking in a big group but if you got people down to small groups of three or four then they would admit they are voting for Trump. People are truly sick of the political correctness. They are sick of the establishment. This is an election where there will be no staying home and just allowing Democrats to win, because that teaches no one a lesson this time. People admit that they stayed home to teach Republicans a lesson with Romney and McCain…but staying home this November just makes Hillary Clinton president. And this time around, since the establishment was so against Trump, staying home and letting Hillary win doesn’t hurt the establishment (but instead helps the establishment, since the Cocktail Party GOP Elite openly says that it wants Hillary to win).
These are strange times, indeed. The most interesting thing said to me all day came at the gay fireworks watching party. Almost all of those guys were Bernie Sanders supporters and they are very angry with Hillary. The FBI decision to not prosecute her had not even come out yet and they were very worked up about the email scandal. They were griping about the primaries being rigged for Hillary and it all being a sham and also believing that the general election was rigged for her too. There was a sense of hopelessness and anger over that. Normally, gay people are ranting and raving and shouting nonsense about Republicans being evil and wanting to kill gay people and whatever other hooey the “gay community” propagandizes and brainwashes into them. None of that can be said about Trump, especially not after the Muslim Massacre in Orlando. Usually gays go on and on about Christians hating gays and churches needing to be destroyed and how Christians need to be mocked and silenced…but none of that is being said at the moment due to the Muslim attack on a gay bar in Orlando. While gays have not yet made the leap to openly condemning Islam or calling for anything to be done about the Muslim hatred towards gays, they aren’t attacking Christians this time around like they did in 2012 and 2008. Maybe that’s because Trump is so different from previous GOP candidates or that as a brazen New Yorker he’s hard to paint as the stereotypical villain to gays. There are a lot of variables this time around that were not present in 2012 and 2008…including the fact that gay men feel no social pressure to support Hillary Clinton the way that everyone wanted to value-signal by backing the charismatic black guy for president in the last two elections. It’s not hip or cool to support Hillary and there is no social stigma or punishment for not supporting her. In fact, there is social cachet and reward for railing against her and claiming that Bernie Sanders was cheated and robbed. Instead of gays going at the Republicans with venom and bite this time around that sort of aggressive hostility is actually being aimed at Hillary and the DNC for “robbing Bernie.” Never in a million years would I have even begun to dream that something like this would have happened and all these gay guys would be so upset over a near-octogenarian socialist not becoming the Democrats’ presidential nominee.
Did you notice anything interesting at any parties you went to over the weekend?
What else is on your mind today?
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Chicago feels like more of a war zone than usual today. Last night, Justin and I endured the annual “Is that gunfire or is it just fireworks?” barrage of explosives that afflicts Chicago neighborhoods from roughly June 27th through July 8th or 9th. This also happens around New Year’s Eve and Memorial Day and/or Labor Day. It’s not about celebrating American Independence or anything patriotic or cultural: it’s just that people in Chicago enjoy blowing things up and making loud noise. I’ve noticed that the explosions have been getting worse in recent years while Rahm Emanuel has been Mayor. None of this used to happen when Mayor Daley was in office. There would be fireworks on Independence Day, but police would be out and about keeping it all to a minimum. I think people were also scared of Mayor Daley and/or respected him, so they stayed more in line than they do now. No one respects Rahm Emanuel and he has largely lost control of the city. People despise the police in Chicago now too, so I think setting off explosives when they have any sort of excuse to do so is a big F-U to the police. I’ve never seen anything like this before, the pure hatred that the police have caused to fall on themselves here in Chicago after years of documented abuses like hiding videos of misconduct, trying to destroy evidence of police abuse, etc. Chicago is a powder keg that will experience a major riot in the next few years, as all the variables and elements are set up for that. The Fourth of July fireworks that went on until 3am last night (July 3rd) started at about 6pm or 7pm in the evening. BAM BAM BAM BAM BOOM! KAPLAM! Our apartment building shook. Some of the explosions were so loud that they moved pens and paper on my desk. Anyone who has PTSD from military service or other trauma really needs to leave Chicago in late June/early July. Justin and I were home and actually had to put on action movies to normalize all the explosions going on outside. We watched the last Hunger Games movie (which featured a city under siege), Die Hard (an exploding office building), and Independence Day (the original one from the 1990s, which was explosions galore). I almost never watch action movies because I don’t enjoy seeing anything blow up…but we had to do something until there was a ceasefire in the neighborhood around 3am. Normally I roll my eyes when people say it’s terrible living in Chicago, because I still very much enjoy it here. Justin’s a farm boy who would rather be back in Arkansas but I’ve always lived in cities and normally none of this stuff bothers me…but the fireworks and constant explosions have gotten out of hand. Police choose to do nothing about this, just as they choose to do nothing about all the murders and the gunfire. The only thing the police seem to do is to harass people, look for new ways to ticket parked cars and generate revenue, and cover up atrocities that other police officers have done in Chicago. The Black Lives Matter crowd is full of baloney on most things, but whatever they say about the Chicago police sadly happens to be true. Every year feels like the summer that all of this will come to a head and chickens will come back to roost. God help us all.
2. Some fantastic patriotic music for your Independence Day celebrations. Yesterday, Michelle Malkin sent out a great tweet asking everyone to please call today Independence Day instead of “The Fourth” or “July 4th” or “Super Fun Fireworks Explosions BBQ Day” or whatever. She has a great point. Words matter. Today is Independence Day, which is something that a lot of people lose sight of. The idiots setting off building-shaking explosions in the alleys of Chicago have no idea why today is so important. This is a day that commemorates the bravery of citizens who rose up against a corrupt and treacherous government that had lost the consent of the governed. I think in my lifetime that Americans will have a Second Revolution, because our government has become just as distant, removed, and unrepresentative as the one that ruled over the colonies prior to 1776. A reckoning is needed to wipe out the corruption at all levels, since the Establishment refuses to change on its own and get back to being the government that America wants and needs. We have to shake off this globalist/UN mindset and get back to unapologetically being the greatest country that has ever existed on this planet. Here are a few great songs that I love playing on Independence Day to remind me of our American spirit:
3. Hillary Clinton has a real problem with the lying. Jimmy Kimmel is pretty fantastic. I need to watch his show more often. He’s hilarious and I feel that he strikes a good balance politically. He’s equal opportunity in what he dishes out. This video he has talking about Hillary Clinton being a liar is shocking in how prevalent a depiction of her that is. Listen to how these people talk about her: nothing she does surprises them, they don’t believe anything she says, she lies all the time, she lies about stupid things, etc. It’s really bad. I don’t know how she overcomes this in the general election. She really has a glass jaw when it comes to truthfulness and honesty. This explains why it’s hard for most people to love her or get excited about her candidacy. It’s hard to embrace someone who they see as a pathological liar. She’s no longer even seen as a strategic or manipulative liar. She’s just seen as someone who lies nonstop for no reason, even when lying doesn’t benefit her in any way. She just wakes up in the morning, starts lying, and doesn’t ever stop. I will never understand why she does this because she doesn’t need to and America is sure in a Bullworth mood where it wants unvarnished, raw, cathartic political truth and no more political correctness or pathological lies.
What is on your minds this Independence Day and what stories are you following?
Some thoughts on headlines in the news this gorgeous Sunday:
1. Have you heard of “food tribes”? Robin Rauzi in the Los Angeles Times has a fun article about the nightmare that Special Snowflakes created for him in trying to organize backyard barbecues. Food tribes are people who value-signal by making a big production out of what they will not eat (or try to never let you eat). There’s the “No-Gluten Tribe,” the “No Mammals Tribe,” the “No Grain Tribe,” etc. Here in Chicago, I encounter a lot of people from the “No-Gluten Tribe,” many of whom I see eating bread all the time when they think no one is looking. Not special, magical, no-gluten bread either…just regular bread. So, they are deathly allergic to gluten…until they want bread and forget about the allergy, I guess. Decades ago, Gloria Swanson started what I think was retrospectively the first “Food Tribe” with her big crusade against sugar. She upset a lot of people with that, because her husband at the time was some kind of doctor who opined that sugar is a drug much like cocaine. I think he was onto something like that, because sugar and cocaine are both derived from a very similar kind of plant and both are things that we really shouldn’t be putting into our bodies. Swanson upset the sugar industry so much that one stalker sent her a child-sized coffin full of sugar. (Arguably, that guy was in many ways the first “troll,” because he really hated Swanson’s views on sugar and would essentially “troll” her for years with weird letters, strange things in the mail, etc. similar to what online trolls do to people today.) I argue that we’re living in an age of divisive Tribalism, where people are looking for identity groups wherever they can. People seem to crave a sense of belonging, so being rabidly and vociferously N0-Gluten or No-Mammals or whatever is a chance to become part of something. But what seems to happen is that within these manufactured Food Tribes, people splinter off further and further. You can’t be just No-Mammal…because some people are also No-Fish while others are No-Chicken or Just-Turkey, etc. I like how things were in the 1980s, where your personal self-worth and identity were not linked so intrinsically to what you ate. You would show up somewhere, like on the Fourth of July, and you would eat what was there. I personally can’t stand mayonnaise or anything made with it, and in Cleveland in the 1980s that meant that half a dozen green or orange Tupperware containers full of “salads” would be off-limits to me. Everything called “salad” was drowned in mayo in Cleveland in the 1980s. Potato “salad,” macaroni “salad,” cucumber “salad.” All recipes were from the backs of Hellmans jars. So I would eat the hamburgers and would enjoy them with watermelon or whatever else was left Mayo-Free. And I didn’t complain or expect anyone to make something special for me. In addition to living in an Age of Tribalism we also live at a time when more people are Special than have ever existed previously in human history. There must be some reckoning on the way for that. This over-saturation of Special has to have consequences that will manifest soon (if they aren’t already).
2. Will Muslims blow anything up or murder people on the Fourth of July? It’s a sign of our times that people now ask things like this. In Chicago, instead of people checking the weather report for cookouts tomorrow, people are really asking if it’s safe to go anywhere or if tomorrow’s the day that Islam strikes Chicago. Again, I don’t think Muslims will attack so close temporally or geographically to Orlando. That’s just never been their pattern before. They always hit the West, then enjoy the media scrambling to declare Muslims to be the most misunderstood monsters ever, then lie low for a bit, then lather/rinse/repeat. Americans are a kind and loving and welcoming people who enjoy believing that monsters are not really monsters and are just misunderstood. In this country, people will go out of their way to pretend that Bruce the Shark from JAWS is really our friend Flipper…if only people would give him a chance to show everyone what a great dolphin that toothsome shark really is underneath. Deep down. That’s what makes America so great, this blind willingness to give everyone a chance…and a second chance…and a third chance…to do right. I hope that never changes, but at the same time I wish people would see how Islam uses that against us. Because Muslims never attack close enough together for Americans to get angry enough to want to do something about Islam’s growing presence in the West, we’re all frogs being boiled in water by the cunning and strategic monsters who want to destroy us. Since they never attack in a way that makes Americans want to do anything to eliminate their ability to keep attacking, the attacks will continue so long as they don’t start making it a regular thing. If Muslims hit the US the way they have hit Israel in the past, with seemingly nonstop bombings and suicide attacks and all that, then Americans would put aside that “sharks are just misunderstood dolphins” nonsense and would demand a War on Islam. Muslims clearly don’t want that, so they just instinctively know not to attack on the Fourth of July when it’s so close to a Muslim massacring gays in Orlando in June. Two Muslim attacks in two months on US soil would be unprecedented when the pattern has always been a Muslim attacks…and then months of cooling down and forgetting until the next time Islam kills Americans in America. We’re not at the point yet where there are enough Muslim colonists here in America for these monsters to feel secure and entrenched enough to start monthly attacks. Their numbers are still low enough where they instinctively still feel the need to keep a low profile, with one or two attacks a year. No doubt imams are taking the craziest members of their mosques aside and telling them to stay cool, keep their heads down, and not do anything for Allah until all the white people have forgotten about Orlando. This is how these monsters have always operated and there’s no reason that would change tomorrow.
3. That’s it, I’ve had enough. During the 2012 election, my friend Reba made a comment on something that I had stitched and framed: I’ve lived too long. I can’t take this weird shit anymore. This should be a joke but I know it’s not. It’s on my wall, next to my desk, and every time something happens that is soul-crushing, I look at it and shake my head and think of Reba. This week, when Bill Clinton boarded Attorney General Loretta Lynch’s plane to — very obviously — pressure her to do whatever the Clintons wanted her to do regarding Hillary’s email server problem, I actually said out loud: I’ve lived too long. I can’t take this weird shit anymore.
There are no words. None. I am speechless. The overt shamelessness and open F-U to the American people that this stunt involved is record-breaking. After it happened, the Clintons tried claiming that Bill and Loretta were just hanging out together (because they love each other so much), talking about grand-babies, or trading recipes or something. Because Bill Clinton just does that, with someone whom he’s never had any sort of friendship or personal relationship with ever…because he’s just Mr. Friendly and won’t miss any opportunity to talk about babies with a near-stranger.
The Clintons used to be inventive and talented liars who would really put effort into their performances. That was always part of their charm, which I know was maddening for a lot of people. Something about their brazenness was always exhilarating though…because they would get away with things that Nixon never dared to dream about. They literally would go on television and sit there saying the exact opposite of the truth and somehow they would make everyone believe them. It was like watching David Copperfield make the Statue of Liberty disappear and not being able to figure out how he did it. When the Clintons were on, they were on.
This bit with going on Loretta Lynch’s plane was the last straw for me, though. Bill Clinton’s not even trying anymore. He doesn’t feel the need to wear a fig leaf and just nakedly meets with the Attorney General to tell that fool what to do…and she did it! It angers me as an American that the sitting ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES didn’t order her US Marshals (or whatever security she travels with) to block Clinton and his SS agents from coming anywhere near her plane. A sitting AG trumps a former president in a country that does not have royalty. I am angry that Bill Clinton behaved like a lord and Loretta Lynch accommodated him like a serf.
I’m angry about everything stupid that Hillary Clinton chose to do since 2008. Her judgment has been piss poor and shameful. Back in the 2008 campaign, we could make the argument that Hillary was a victim of circumstances, of Newt Gingrich’s and Ken Starr’s obsessions, of her husband’s bizarre appetites, of the confines of glass ceilings, of irrational hatred against her, etc. Hillary was masterful when she woke up early one day and went on The Today Show to confide that she and her husband (and by extension the American people) were victims of a vast right wing conspiracy and Byzantine plots against them. It was a riveting performance!
At the same time, Republicans still had this elaborate fantasy of Hillary being the smartest woman (if not person) on the planet, an unmatched genius manipulator playing 5th dimensional chess while everyone else was fumbling with checkers. Republican pundits convinced everyone, including themselves, that Hillary was the unsleeping mastermind behind everything that was happening everywhere…and it was all part of her years-in-the-making plot to gain control of the White House and take over the world. Auric Goldfinger had nothing on Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton in that marvelous fantasy. This was a woman destined for greatness and determined to carve her place on Mount Rushmore with her own two hands. She was Joan Crawford and Bette Davis and George Soros (in drag) and an unstoppable robot from the future all rolled up into a pantsuit (and also maybe some kind of alien spider, pulling on strings and manipulating everything to her advantage).
Great Merciful Zeus, just look at how wrong everyone was about Hillary…and about Bill Clinton too. In recent years, both of them have behaved like bumbling idiots. Either they are both too old for the Game of Thrones these days, or social media and 24/7 coverage is catching them doing incredibly stupid things that no one noticed in the past. Did these two always do things as stupid as the email server and the Loretta Lynch Plane Visit? Were they always this artless and crass?
Whatever amusement I once took in watching the Clintons get the better of their foes is now gone. It all ended once Bill Clinton set foot on the Attorney General’s jet and that damn fool Loretta Lynch allowed it. That’s it. I’m done. I’ve lived too long, I’ve seen too much. I can’t take this weird shit anymore. This should be a joke but I know that it’s not.
As much as I want to live to see the day that there is a female US president, I just can’t bear the thought of four years’ of this sort of amateur hour bumbling from people who have so little respect for the American people at this point in their lives that they can’t even bother to do the old magic tricks anymore. The Clintons used to be exasperating to Republicans because nothing stuck to them. They were so good at the games they played that it was captivating to watch. What would they get away with this week? What long time adversary would they take down in a creative and interesting way? Or (if you are my boyfriend Justin or his family) who would they have murdered next?
It’s reached a point where the Clintons think we are all so stupid that they can just stomp onto planes and tell the Attorney General what to do, removing any credibility left for the Justice Department. That upsets me in ways that I can’t even process this morning. It means that no public office, appointed or elected, really matters because somehow the Clintons have become a royal family and can do as they please whenever they please. I do not want to live in a country with such a reality. This is not America. It is not what I signed up for.
It angers me that the IRS is used as a political weapon by Democrats. It angers me that the Justice Department is now an entity that acts as the Palace Guard for the Clintons. All this means that our government at all levels needs a thorough scrubbing and disinfecting from the top-down to restore credibility and confidence in our system of government.
Is that even possible at this point?
I don’t know the answer to that…but I have zero confidence that the Clintons are in any way capable of overseeing such a cleansing.
[Click above to embiggen: displays of 2016 presidential race books are found around Chicago. Do you notice the not-so-subtle skewing going on?]
A few thoughts today on the news this morning:
1. An interesting thing happened while Megan Fox and I were battling the Orland Park Public Library and the American Association for the last several years (which we detailed in our new book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment): I became a big fan of public libraries again, as both a cost-saving measure and a place to meet interesting people. I try to visit a different Chicago area library each week to see what’s going on in there. The pattern still holds that the libraries in the poorer neighborhoods are the best ones, have the best staff, and there is nothing sexual or strange ever allowed to go on. It’s the wealthier libraries in the suburbs that have the masturbation, the sex crimes, the criminal activity, and everything horrible you can read about in SHUT UP! (because those rich libraries have the staff members who feel enlightened and good about themselves when they look the other way and don’t call the police on the guys masturbating at the computers or chasing women around the stacks or otherwise harassing them). Do you see how this is part of the mental illness of the Left? They apply this to the way they see Muslims too, even after something like Orlando: Leftists feel good about themselves when they look the other way and ignore a problem. The rich suburban librarians allow child pornography to be accessed on computers in their libraries, because they feel good about themselves for “not judging” the criminals who use those libraries to view illegal material. Leftists want to willfully ignore that Muslims who come to America have the intent of doing so as colonists, where they wish to at some point replace the American system of government with shariah law and topple our traditions and culture and supplant it with something Islamic. This is bad news for gays, Jews, women, and anyone else who does not want to live in medieval times. It’s bad even for Medieval Times (a restaurant in the Chicago suburbs), because they serve pork…and as Muslims gain more influence in the Chicago area because of the colonies that are growing in Orland Park and Bridgeview, it won’t be long until pork’s off the menu everywhere (because it offends Muslims…and anything that offends Muslims leads to Murder-Death-Kill).
2. Chicago libraries are all “celebrating” the presidential election by placing their books about Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump on display. At every library I have been to so far, those displays have looked like the one above: all sorts of Hillary Clinton books (but none critical of her) right out front…and then one about Donald shoved in the back. I think that’s kind of hilarious of them…because it’s the kind of bias they don’t even realize they have. My friend Megan has two little girls and sometimes they try to trick her or get away with something, but they are so ham-handed about it that it’s funny watching them think they are fooling anyone. The libraries are ham-handed in the way they do the Hillary/Trump displays…but aren’t all Leftists like this? Malicious children who never grow up is what they are. That’s really who we are up against. I want you to stop for a minute and think about how lucky we are that this is true. The Left is ruled by emotion and is so full of itself that it doesn’t even realize how transparent it is. They think they are so very clever and feel no need to cover their bases anymore. That’s a huge (or, YUUUUUGE) vulnerability for them. They think they can handle Trump in the 2016 election the way they handled Mitt Romney or John McCain in the past (pushing him to the back, ignoring him as much as possible, just declaring Hillary the winner before the election has begun). That sets things up for a big win for Trump come November.
3. I hope you are screen grabbing and making notes on the way that the Left and its enablers in the media are working hard to try to pretend that Islam didn’t just kill more than 50 gay people in Orlando late on Saturday night. Watch the comment sections on articles, as Millennial Leftists especially want to claim this is another reason we should have more gun control…when that gay bar (like all public libraries) was a “gun free zone.” People should start to see that what a gun free zone really amounts to is a place where a Muslim can go and murder people, like shooting fish in a barrel, since no one inside will be armed and able to protect themselves. It really is only a matter of time before Muslims do this in Chicago. There are two radical mosques here (in Orland Park and in Bridgeview). The Orland Prayer Center has a Facebook page that is always spouting off about destroying Israel and about “the Palestinian cause” and all of that garbage. Boystown is a pretty attractive target for these deranged minds, particularly during Pride Fest (the penultimate weekend in June), PRIDE (the last weekend in June), and Market Days (the first weekend in August). New York City’s PRIDE parade is also a target that it’s only a matter of time before Muslims attack. Though, they will cause just as much damage hitting places like Boystown on an average Saturday. They might even go after Obama’s old haunt, Man’s Country. Pretending that Muslims do not hate gays and that the Koran doesn’t program them to kill people is like pretending that the Nazis did not hate Jews and that Mein Kampf did not program then to kill people. I know that Leftists enjoy playing make-believe and pretend and living in unicorn-skittles-rainbow-candyland, but what happened in Orlando should show anyone with a brain that it is suicidal folly to keep importing Muslims colonists into the West. The end result will only be Murder-Death-Kill for gays, Jews, and any woman who doesn’t want to be wrapped up head to toe in hot, black sheets and treated like a child and/or animal for the rest of her life.
What else is on your mind as we start off a severely messed-up week witnessing the Left spinning like dervishes to pretend Islam is not the greatest evil of our time?
[My hobby in recent years: nature photography around Chicagoland. Every day, I try to get away from computers and the news and politics and just enjoy God’s Creation wherever I can. I post my snaps to Facebook on Sassy Plants.]
1. I really found some of what’s in this article by Ed Morrissey at Hot Air to be fascinating, about the last 8 years of Democrats focusing on central-government dictates on the economy and how central planning never works…but the people who refuse to accept that always believe that it never worked before because THEY weren’t the ones in charge of it. The article also talks about the frightening hopelessness of people who have been out of work for years and have given up on finding work (or even having a future anymore). What’s not in the article, that I notice all the time on the faces of people I talk to or in glimpses of pained honesty when someone here or there feels comfortable revealing how bad things are for them financially, is that Americans are suffering silently like never before, at least not in my lifetime. Were things bad like this in the Great Depression? I think things are even worse now, because of all the pressure we have now…and all of the things we have that take money to keep going. Everyone has more bills now than they did in the 1930s. Plus there is the unspoken pressure of all the innovative ways that localities drive revenue. In Chicago, if you have a car then you must navigate a maze of traps worthy of the Riddler to ever park without a ticket…and the state is also in on the act, always pulling tricks that result in huge fines for whatever infraction they invented recently. The laws are changed frequently to trap people and bleed them dry. We’re clearly on an unsustainable, Cloward-Piven path. That’s the whole point of the big push to bring in as many third world colonists as possible. Democrats want to collapse the system, so they can rebuild the system the way they want, in the utopia they swear will result. We all know this is madness but these are people who cannot be told something won’t work because they are so certain they are right, so certain it will work THIS TIME because now THEY are the ones behind it. And of course they are geniuses (in their own minds) so with them at the wheel nothing will ever fail. That’s really what we are up against, people living in fantasyland who refuse to see the damage they do to the country. I actually think this might not even be coming from a place of evil as much as a place of vanity and hubris.
2. Yesterday, a friend of mine told me that he was not allowed to say he is voting for Donald Trump…even though he is someone who works for a Republican organization. This weird thing is happening where Republicans are being infected by the insanity of the Left, where anyone who disagrees with them on anything is blackballed and attacked and threatened with death, rape, murder, unemployment, etc. What’s doubly insane is that the primaries are over and Trump is the nominee…so why would Republicans organizations be on witch hunts for people who are going to vote for the Republican candidate? That didn’t even happen in 2008, in the very heated Obama-Hillary race. After Hillary conceded defeat, any Hillary supporters who said they would vote for Obama were not threatened. The opposite happened, where any Hillary holdouts who wouldn’t support Obama were targeted for everything vile the Left could aim at them…but since Obama was the nominee, Hillary people who went over to Obama and announced they were voting for him did not suffer any abuse. Supporters of Ted Cruz seem to be targeting people who intend to vote for the Republican nominee, however, and that needs to stop. Cruz lost the nomination, in large part because he was off-putting to a great number of people. I appreciate that some people are really into him (obsessively into him, it seems) but those people are the small (but vocal…and even menacing) minority. If your candidate loses a primary race, you are allowed to be upset about it…but you shouldn’t make threats against people who are voting for the nominee and blackball them. Our national politics is really out of joint if this Alinsky hatred is now spreading across the aisle. It used to just be people on the far-Left who behaved this way…then it became all Democrats doing this…and now Cruz Republicans are at it. I think what we are seeing is our politically-correct, special snowflake, perpetually-offended culture degenerating further. We are a nation coming apart at the seams because we keep being divided amongst so many demographic, racial, ethnic, sexual, credentialed, class, and other lines. People aren’t seeing themselves as Americans anymore, but part of separate warring tribes that are always at war with one another. This is how civilizations fall and worlds end. It’s not the barbarians at the gate (or the southern border), but the acrimony inside the nation amongst the manufactured and artificial tribes.
3. I also don’t understand how people don’t see that Trump will win in a landslide. What’s interesting about 2016 is that it’s going to finally be a test if Americans really are sick of the Establishment and political correctness and really want America to be proud of itself and not take garbage anymore. Why has America in recent years been colonized and bossed around by Mexico? Did people enjoy Obama spending the last 8 years bowing, apologizing, and kissing the feet of third world and Islamic countries around the world? Do people find any joy in the weird detour our culture has taken where free speech is silenced, humor and satire are practically outlawed, and mobs online form and destroy people’s lives because they don’t agree with their opinions? Provided that Trump keeps assuring Americans that he is going to put a stop to job losses and is going to get the government out of the way of businesses and job creation and is going to assert that America is sovereign and our borders must be acknowledged and protected, then he will win big.
The truth is that Hillary Clinton is not well-liked and has made very bad decisions in recent years that caused herself unforced errors. She made history by becoming the first female presidential candidate, but I don’t see how she wins the election. I know that James Carville claims that it’s all over and that Democrats will win every presidential election forever, but Carville lies as often and as much as Hillary does. Romney lost because, for some reason, scores of Republicans stayed home and refused to vote for him. McCain lost for the same reason (but also the fact that white people had a religious experience in getting to vote for a black man to prove they weren’t racist; the same thing happened again in 2012, but to a much lesser extent). No one feels any sort of religious experience voting for a woman, and more than half the women in the country hate Hillary for one reason or another. Nothing has changed since 2008 on that front. I think the only thing she could have done was to divorce Bill at some point between then and now. I don’t think anyone would have been mad at her for divorcing him and a lot of people who hated her for not divorcing him years ago would have been mollified. I can’t imagine what Democrats are going to do to game the election for her because so many 30-and-under Democrats I know hate Hillary and loved Bernie Sanders (because these people were all taught in public school that socialism is good and that we need to be more like Europe and America needs to stop existing and we should all be global citizens). There is no social stigma to people saying they are not going to vote for Hillary and are going to stay home, so screw her. There is no enthusiasm for her campaign and she has no message other than she wants to be the first female president. But people aren’t exactly clamoring for that.
Again, this makes Hillary Clinton one of the most tragic figures in all of American history. Over the years, she’s lied so much about so many different things that no one really knows what she would be like as president. I believe she would have basically been Jeb Bush in a pantsuit and that the Bushes and Clintons are pretty much the same thing at this point. But, I know people who think she would be a radical worse than Obama (though that never made any sense, because if that was true then why did so many Democrats go nuts over Bernie Sanders in 2016 if they wanted a radical and thought Hillary would be one?). It’s all such a tragedy for her, where at almost every junction she chose a wrong path that made it harder for her to get to the White House. I think she’s going to have to settle for the consolation prize of being that first female nominee.
Right now, I also still think she’s going to pick Corey Booker to be her VP, as he’s been doing all the things in recent years to make himself VP material on paper. But, as the conventions inch closer so many things can happen. I just don’t think her actually winning no matter what she does is going to be one of them.