Posts Tagged ‘Chicago
This is anecdotal and observational, based on my own experiences here in Chicago since Donald Trump was elected the 45th President of the United States on 11/8/16.
* In downtown Chicago, there’s a park called Maggie Daley Park, just north of Michigan Avenue. On various days this week, the organized protestors have been gathering there first, where they are somewhat out of the way. Then they walk across a bridge into Millennium Park and into the Loop…where all the astroturfed protests are happening. None of this is organic or real. All of it is staged.
* The people involved in this claim they are being paid, though the ones I talked to would not identify who is paying them. They have admitted that they responded to Craigslist ads looking for people in Chicago to protest Donald Trump. Some of them have claimed to be getting $1,500/week to go out and protest every day for several hours. I have not been able to find any of these ads but have been told by several of the people walking towards these astroturfed protests that they are being paid and that they found these gigs on Craigslist.
* Almost all of these people are white and college-aged. I have not seen many black or brown astroturfers: it’s just white Millennials who are doing this.
* Bystanders shake their heads and laugh at them. The people of Chicago openly and fearlessly mock these “protestors.” It’s been fun to witness this. The response is always something like, “What the hell are they upset about? She lost the election. Move on. Give Trump a chance. If he screws up, vote him out in four years.”
Black people, especially, are looking at these protests with disgust. That’s fun to watch. They point and laugh at these spoiled white Millennials, supposedly upset that Hillary lost. They think these kids are crybabies. I’ve yet to run into a single black person who is upset in the slightest that Hillary lost. Many I’ve spoken to say that Hillary ran a lousy campaign and is a rich old white lady who is a sore loser.
Hillary Clinton is really hurting herself by not coming out and publicly demanding that these “protests” stop. It’s pretty clear to everyone that George Soros is bankrolling this, the way that some arm of the Soros hydra funds astroturfed protests like this all over Chicago.
In our book SHUT UP!: The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment, Megan Fox and I wrote about our own encounters with astroturfed “protestors” out in the Chicago suburbs. Megan and I worked on a case in the Village of Orland Park, where documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act showed that employees of the local public library were covering up sex crimes that had occurred for years inside that building. The staff kept covering it up because they didn’t want the bad publicity. Also, powerful people in Orland Park wanted child pornography to continue to be accessible on this particular library’s computers. When Megan and I confronted the elected officials responsible at public meetings, the American Library Association (which is funded in large part by George Soros) seems to have paid for astroturfers to come to the meetings to heckle Megan and me and to bully the library trustees into keeping the child porn accessible in Orland Park.
The ALA bused in “protestors” all wearing the same shirts and the same buttons. They would chant and shout the same things. They disrupted public meetings where the trustees were set to vote on whether or not to continue allowing pornography (including child porn!) to be openly viewed on the public computers in Orland Park. Protestors we cornered and spoke to admitted that they were paid between $50 and $100 to come to these meetings. I believe they were also given chicken dinners as a bribe to get them to do these things. Few of them seemed to have even heard of Orland Park, let alone knew where it was, before they were hired by the ALA to come out to scream and shout. Professional agitators were the handlers and supervisors: I counted between 3 and 4 of them in the crowd. They probably found around 20-30 “protestors” for the agitators to manage.
What was done to us in Orland Park is clearly being done now — on a larger scale — in Chicago to Donald Trump. To me it feels like all the same people are involved. It’s like they are all reading from the script, following the same directions. This is exactly what the Left did in Orland Park when it wanted to keep the child porn flowing at that crazy messed-up library…only they are agitating now to frighten Trump into going back on all of his campaign promises…or whatever the hell they they think they are accomplishing with all of this.
It is all so staged and fake. I hope you all can see this. To me it’s obvious, but I wonder sometimes how much the public ever pays attention if you are someone out there who has never had personal real life experience with these agitators the way that Megan Fox and I had in Orland Park.
[Click above to embiggen: the political costumes out during Halloween 2016 were more like the feeling of 2000 and 2004 (when Republicans won) than in 2008 and 2012 (when there was immense social pressure for Obama to win).]
Halloween in Boystown was strange this election year…because costumes mocking the Democrats’ candidate were allowed and there was no social pressure to overlook Hillary Clinton’s scandals or failings in the way that any criticism of Obama at all was absolutely forbidden in 2008 and 2012. Also, there was no clear hatred of Donald Trump in the way that hatred towards John McCain and Mitt Romney was actively encouraged in the last two elections. No one either felt the need to express hatred towards Trump or they couldn’t muster any, since Trump has been such a known figure to people for many years and was never someone they were taught to hate in the past. The fact that Democrats could not gin up gays to vociferously hate Trump this year means that Hillary Clinton’s campaign didn’t do enough to rev up Democrats in general for this election.
There are a few caveats and things to ponder with all this, though.
1. Obama is black (or at least identifies as black, despite being technically biracial) and no costumes mocking a black person would ever be socially permissible in our politically-correct world. The caveat to that is the fact that blacks can always mock other blacks, but none seemed to do so in 2008 and 2012 when it came to Obama. I think I remember a black couple dressing up lovingly as Barack and Michelle and being in the Boystown Halloween parade in 2012…but it was like they were professional impersonators hired for an event, with nothing they did even remotely mocking or ridiculing the Obamas. It was an act of pure adoration like something you would have seen in a wax museum. Hillary has never been shown that kind of love and never will be. She does not benefit from White Guilt or the terror that white people have of being called racist for disagreeing with or criticizing a black person such as Obama. Because Hillary’s a white woman, she’s fair game for ridicule.
[Click above to embiggen: I saw BLACK PEOPLE dressed up as Trump…and not in a hateful way. Also people dressed their kids up as Trump…in Chicago. Trump is not a hated figure the way that McCain and Romney were turned into hated figures in the past.]
2. The Trump costumes I spotted people walking around in were not hate-fueled and vile in the way that the McCain and Romney costumes were in 2008 and 2012 respectively. What I saw were just people here and there walking around in suits with either bad wigs or rubber Trump masks…and then the red “Make America Great Again” hats. That’s it. In 2012, people dressed up as Romney went around in “Mormon underwear” and carried “Binders Full of Women” or had a stuffed dog that they affixed to a toy car (harking back to Romney’s dog Seamus, that the Left apocryphally claimed Romney abused or even killed by putting atop the family’s station wagon in the 1980s). McCain was called a Nazi who wanted to round up all gays and kill them…and of course gays went after Sarah Palin with a vengeance, mocking her relentlessly wherever they could. The hatred aimed at Republicans in 2008 and 2012 also had a strong feeling that hatred of Christians was part of the mocking, since McCain and Romney were identified as religious-connected people…while Trump is not seen as any standard bearer of Christianity. This is one of the most interesting things about the way the Left approached Trump this Halloween, compared to how other GOP candidates were tackled in the past: Trump was not attacked or maligned as a religious figure, so gays didn’t assault him with any of the things they like doing to religious figures. All people could do if they wanted to be Trump for Halloween was dress up like him…but nothing else was layered on top of that, the way McCain and Romney both were maligned as having some sort of strange religious mission to persecute gays. Nobody even bothered trying to claim that Trump is anti-gay because he’s never been presented as being anti-gay in anything over the last several decades of his celebrity.
[Click above to embiggen: I didn’t see anyone do anything else for Trump aside from wearing a suit and having an orange wig. Usually they also had a red #MAGA hat too. That’s it. Nothing hateful like they would have done for McCain or Romney.]
3. Hillary’s weird behavior during the Democrats’ convention was mocked…and I was shocked by that. This would have NEVER been allowed it someone was mocking Obama out in Boystown. For one thing, I think bouncers would not have allowed someone into a bar if they were dressed up to mock Obama. Bouncers do have the ability to tell you that you can’t come in if they want to make the argument that you are dressed in a way that’s offensive enough to cause a big problem that would cause a fight and potentially harm others. So they have some leeway with the public safety argument and roll the dice that you won’t file a complaint with the City about denial of public accommodation. I could see them doing that if anyone dared to mock Obama in the past (though, I’m not aware of anyone even trying that). Even if someone wanted to get into one of the bars in an anti-Obama costume, I think they would not have been able to walk very far while wearing that: in 2008 and 2012, anyone openly mocking Obama would have been beaten on the street. At the very least, that person would have been a social pariah receiving nasty looks and horrible comments. Then the pushing and the shoving would have started. And the punching. Nothing like that at all exists when it comes to Hillary, though. People seemed to think it was really funny when this one woman mocked Hillary’s bizarre balloon episode the night of her convention speech when she accepted her nomination. Remember that? Remember how bizarre, surreal, and strange her face was…and how she and Tim Kaine both looked like they were on LSD or something as they stared at the balloons and chased balloons on the stage like small children? All of that bizarre behavior was memorable enough for someone to distill into a Halloween costume: where the Halloween-reveler cosplayed as a bunch of balloons with Bill and Hillary’s faces affixed to her shoulders. Hillary’s clearly making the same crazy face she famously made during the balloon drop after her acceptance speech. Everyone seemed to “get” what the costume was supposed to be and they laughed at Hillary. This is not laughing “with” Hillary…this is laughing “at” Hillary. Nothing like that was ever allowed when it came to Barack Obama. The fact that people feel free to mock the Clintons tells me that people also feel it’s okay not to vote for one of them. That means no lockstep voting for the Left in this election like they had in 2008 and 2012. Because there’s no clear hatred being revved up against Trump, I think there is also no social pressure to beat up or harass anyone who might actually throw their vote to him. If you even hinted you were voting for McCain or Romney against Obama you would have risked physical assault in the past…but there’s no such social pressure this time around.
[Click above to embiggen: in that second shot, ignore the drag queen dressed up as “Sandy” from Grease. This is another angle on the woman dressed up as Hillary Clinton’s Crazy Balloon Drop at the Convention.]
4. Hillary’s Private Email Server and her Emails in general were fodder for costumes. Again, compare this with Obama in the past. I can’t think of a single costume I ever saw that was critical of Obama in any way. The Left aggressively carries water for him. Every mistake he makes is covered up. The Left is committed to only painting him in the most favorable light always. Though the Lying Media has aggressively tried to downplay the Hillarygate email server scandal, it’s penetrated pop culture enough that it turned up in Halloween costumes. It took me a minute to figure out what the “Private Email Server” guy was dressed up as…but people seemed to think it was hilarious when they got the joke. Everyone appears to have laughed. No one seems to have told him not to do that or that he shouldn’t make fun of her. It’s the complete opposite of how gays would have responded to anyone similarly mocking Barack Obama.
[Click above to embiggen: Variations on Hillary’s “Private Email Server” and Emails…and also that little guy in the red sweater named Ken Boone who asked a question during the Town Hall Debate and became a meme for a while.]
5. Unflattering drag depictions of Hillary were allowed (when no unflattering portrayal of Obama by anyone, male or female, would have been allowed). I spotted multiple drag queens dressed up like Hillary. All of them pretended to be severely drunk, thus mocking Hillary’s well-known habit of day-drinking. Also, while walking, the drag queens would fall down, stumble, have to be propped up, etc. So the gays were making fun of Hillary’s health problems too and her tendency to collapse in public, like she did during that 9/11 ceremony in New York City. Absolutely none of this would have been allowed when it came to Barack Obama. If people feel okay not only mocking Hillary but also laughing at drag queens who mock her — when no mocking of Obama was ever allowed — then I don’t see how the Lying Media can with a straight face believe that Hillary’s going to get the lockstep voter turnout that Obama relied on to win in 2008 and 2012. And that’s not even factoring into things all the people who refused to vote for McCain or Romney and decided to sit home. I know those #NeverTrumpers say they are staying home or voting for Hillary, but I think those people actually number in the dozens, maybe the hundreds…while there were millions of people who were so sick of the GOP Establishment that they sat home and didn’t vote in 2008 and 2012. There were also lots of white people who culturally didn’t want to vote against a black man. But no one feels socially pressured to stay home or to not vote against Hillary Clinton. To me, that seems to spell doom for her.
Why does any of this matter?
I don’t know if it does matter. It’s just a marked difference from years-past. It feels a lot more like 2000 or 2004, when Gore and Kerry were the Democrats’ candidates. Again, we circle back to race: Gore, Kerry, and Hillary are all white and though Gore and Kerry are allegedly male, the three of them are all treated the same when it comes to mocking and ridicule at Halloween. I don’t think there was ANY pressure to refrain from mocking Hillary because she is a woman. She seems to have taken her lumps out in Boystown during Halloween the same way that Kerry and Gore were mocked back in their days. It was only Obama — the black man — who was completely off-limits for ridicule. No one was allowed socially to mock or criticize the black man who was running for president…lest that person be called a RAYCISS. So everyone was terrified of being seen in the slightest bit as not fully supporting Obama.
In 2016, all of that is gone and things have reverted back to normal and the Democrat candidate is allowed to be mocked again. But the new twist is that Republicans ran a candidate who can’t be easily hated and tarred with the brush that gays always use against candidates like McCain and Romney, whom the Left paints as religious candidates that gays must hate (because the Left tells gays that Christians want to kill gays…but of course pay no attention to what Muslims do to gays all over the world when executing them). Trump was never painted as a religious candidate…and so he could not be maligned with the usual tricks the Left employs.
Democrats seem to rely on hatred to fuel their Get Out the Vote initiatives. If the Left could not muster enough hatred against Trump to encourage gays to really let him have it at Halloween, then I tend to believe the hatred necessary to churn out the vote for Hillary will not meet 2008 or 2012 levels. That’s on top of all the adoration and love for Obama the Left fostered being sorely missing when it comes to Hillary.
If 2016 is an election where there is no obvious hatred for the Republican candidate in the gay community and there is also no deep-abiding love for the Democrats’ candidate, then I don’t understand how all the polling companies and Nate Silver can insist that 2016 is going to play out for Democrats like either 2012 or 2008. It just makes no sense.
[Click above to embiggen: Chicago is kind of like this; it’s not really a war-zone…it’s a city carved into distinct Districts, some of which are war-zones.]
During last night’s First Presidential Debate of 2016, Donald Trump likened Chicago to a war-torn third world country. If you read Drudge Report with any regularity (and you should, as it’s the best and most honest source of news), I can see how you would view Chicago like it’s located somewhere in Libya and not Illinois. The truth, however, is stranger.
A friend of mine visited Chicago for the first time a few months ago and had several days where she wanted to do some sightseeing when her meetings and seminars finished. She asked me to show her around and while we were talking about what she would like to see, I realized that Chicago is not really one city but is instead something more like that fictional country Panem in those Hunger Games books/movies. I’ve never read the books (because dystopian bleakness doesn’t appeal to me…probably because I live on the bleeding edge of dystopian bleakness in Chicago already) but I saw almost all of the movies. I don’t quite understand why they were so popular, but for some reason they captivated Millennials…and since I don’t quite understand Millennials themselves, I guess dystopia is just their thing.
In the Hunger Games world of Panem (I keep wanting to write that as PanAm, the greatest airline ever), what used to be the United States is carved into 13 Districts, each with its own personality and purpose. I believe there’s also “The Capital,” which is its own glittering entity apart from the Districts, sitting like Mount Olympus to lord over all the rest. Some of the Districts are better than others, with people engaged in various respectable or desirable trades…while other Districts are essentially hellholes of brutal and unrelenting suffering. The Capital keeps all the Districts under control through totalitarian means employing fear, intimidation, and sanctioned violence.
Chicago’s totally the same thing!
Read the rest of this entry »
This past weekend, Chicago held one of several gay Pride events, a weekend street fair called Pride Fest. (The other two festivals are the Pride Parade — the last weekend of June — and Market Days, which is the first weekend in August.)
* A spontaneous and heartfelt memorial has appeared at the corner of Halsted and Roscoe in the heart of Boystown where people are leaving flowers, candles and hand-drawn pictures and signs to memorialize those who were murdered by Islam in Orlando
* During Pride Fest, several Democrat groups tried pushing gun control in a heavy-handed way, in Rahm Emanuel’s favored “never let a good crisis go to waste” Alinsky Methods playbook. At no time do any of these groups address the fact that Muslims openly hate gays and that they approve of throwing gays off buildings, beheading gay people, and committing other vile acts in the name of their medievalist death cult. And that doesn’t even get into how they mistreat women and the other horrific things that are part of Muslim culture. The Human Rights Campaign and Equality Illinois were both pushing a message of “take guns away so people can’t defend themselves” and were willfully ignoring the fact that if anyone inside that club had been armed that they would have been able to stop that Muslim murderer before he got off a single shot.
* What was great to see is that people seemed to almost completely ignore the Human Rights Campaign’s and Equality Illinois’ booths. The Left may want to co-opt the Orlando massacre for another “take away the Second Amendment” push, but people were not having any of that. There were eye rolls that these groups even tried to push this nonsense again at a time like this.
* Because of political correctness, I doubt you will ever see gay people openly speaking the truth about Islam. They are too afraid of being ganged up on for thoughtcrimes for questioning why Democrats are so hell-bent on importing more Muslim colonists into the West when Muslims bring with them such haltered towards gays and women (and black people too!). For the moment, the Left will continue to play a vicious game where they actively seek to bring more dangerous monsters into our midst…and the people most vulnerable to attack by these monsters have immense peer pressure not to say anything, to just be quiet, and to allow the monsters to come and threaten their peace. It is sad how powerful the politically correct peer pressure is and how afraid people are to speak openly…but gay people are smart enough to read the writing on the wall and in hushed conversations I heard a lot of people speaking the truth about Islam. They see that the problem is not guns…but the problem is that Muslims hate gays and that Islam is not compatible with Western society.
* A lot of people were talking about learning how to shoot and defend themselves and feared what the future will be like with more Muslims targeting gays. It actually wasn’t that long ago that people were scared to go to a gay bar, but back then it was fear of the police raiding the place, cracking skulls, or people being blackmailed or otherwise menaced for going to a gay bar. Just 20 years ago, life was like this. It’s only been in the last decade or so that gay bars were able to open their windows and have prominent signs and big entrances and stop being shady little places down a dark alley with a lone pink lightbulb or pink triangle giving the code that a gay bar was there. The surge of Muslim colonists and the intolerance and hatred that they bring threatens all the progress that gays have made in society. The fear is returning, but this time instead of being afraid of the police cracking skulls after what Islam did in Orlando we now have to be afraid of the next Muslim who decides to attack a gay bar because he hates gay people. This is the “progress” that Democrats have wrought with their big Muslim colonization push.
* Hardly anyone was interested in the 2016 election. There were a few people walking around handing out Hillary stickers and trying to get people to sign up for an email list. I worked the crowds like this back in 2008 for her primary race but almost no one I know from those days is engaged in this race. No one was excited to see Hillary gear for sale (there were the old “Make Bill Clinton First Lady” shirts from 2008, back again). I saw a few “Tuck Frump” shirts and a few other anti-Trump things, but they were really mild compared to the hatred and nastiness ginned up against Mitt Romney and John McCain in the last two elections. I don’t know how the Gay Hate Machine is going to go after Trump because The Donald has been such a friend to gays through the years and his celebrity status from The Apprentice makes it hard to pigeon hole him into the role of “classic Republican villain.”
Democrats have a real challenge on their hand, because if they can’t even get gays revved up into “hate the Republican candidate” mode, I don’t know how they are going to compensate for the tepid reception to Hillary this time around. Especially not when Democrats will also want to try to pretend that Islam isn’t the true evil of our age and now have to spend so much of their energy excusing away what the Muslim mass-murderer just did in Orlando. Normally events like Pride Fest are big Two Minutes Hates (spread over two days) where the gay community gathers to lash out at their perceived political enemies and scream and shout nasty things at Republicans running for office. But this year was different.
There was even a booth at Pride Fest for Mark Kirk, who is a Republican running for Senate! And people were not shouting nasty things at his volunteers and were actually taking the stickers they were offering and wearing them. That would have never happened in the past. So, something has changed and I think more changes are on the way.
Dear Hillbuzz Reader,
Thank you so much for your voting efforts! I made the Final 5 in the WLS-AM Talk Star contest and will be appearing live on the air this Wednesday, August 22nd in a live broadcast that will determine the winner! If any of you are in the Chicago area you can reserve a table at Paddy O’Fegan’s and join me at the event! I would love your support. More of your votes will be needed Wednesday night! If you can’t hear WLS in your state, simply listen online at www.wlsam.com or download “I Heart Radio” app and listen on your phone or ipod anywhere you go! The show w
ill air at 6pm CST on Wednesday so tune in to send your vote by text. The winner will be decided based on a judges panel and your votes.
I am so excited to be heard on my favorite Chicago talk station. Thank you so much! Love, Megan
Margaret Hicks is an absolute riot.
She’s a local tour guide from Chicago Elevated who gives the most amazing tours of various parts of the city, with as much emphasis on humor and fun as history. If you are coming to Chicago and looking for something interesting to do, then Hicks’ walking tours are a really fun way to do something different…and actually SEE Chicago, instead of looking at mostly the tops of cars driving by while on other tour buses.
Hicks’ new tour is about famous Chicago diasters.
Roger Keats was a Republican state senator in Illinois….the operative word being “was”. He has had enough of the shady and criminal activity of Chicago and the overall condition of the state of Illinois and has decided to move to Texas. He decided to write an open letter to the people of Illinois to explain exactly why he is leaving the state. Neal Boortz did a segment about this on his radio show a few days ago. I think the letter was written back in March so it may be a bit of old news but I thought it was worth putting up for those who haven’t read it.
GOOD BYE AND GOOD LUCK
As we leave Illinois for good, I wanted to say goodbye to my friends and wish all of you well. I am a lifelong son of the heartland and proud of it. After 60 years, I leave Illinois with a heavy heart. BUT enough is enough! The leaders of Illinois refuse to see we can’t continue going in the direction we are and expect people who have options to stay here. I remember when Illinois had 25 congressmen. In 2012 we will have 18. Compared to the rest of the country we have lost 1/4rd of our population. Don’t blame the weather, because I love 4 seasons.
Illinois just sold still more bonds and our credit rating is so bad we pay higher interest rates than junk bonds! Junk Bonds! Illinois is ranked 50th for fiscal policy; 47th in job creation; 1st in unfunded pension liabilities; 2nd largest budget deficit; 1st in failing schools; 1st in bonded indebtedness; highest sales tax in the nation; most judges indicted (Operations Greylord and Gambat); and 5 of our last 9 elected governors have been indicted. That is more than the other 49 states added together! Then add 32 Chicago Aldermen and (according to the Chicago Tribune) over 1000 state and municipal employees indicted. The corruption tax is a real cost of doing business. We are the butt of jokes for stand up comics.
We live in the most corrupt big city, in the most corrupt big county in the most corrupt state in America. I am sick and tired of subsidizing crooks. A day rarely passes without an article about the corruption and incompetence. Chicago even got caught rigging the tests to hire police and fire! Our Crook County CORPORATE property tax system is intentionally corrupt. The Democrat State Chairman who is also the Speaker of the Illinois House (Spkr. Mike Madigan) and the most senior alderman in Chicago each make well over a million dollars a year putting the fix in for their client’s tax assessments.
We are moving to Texas where there is no income tax while Illinois’ just went up 67%. Texas’ sales tax is Â½ of ours, which is the highest in the nation. Southern states are supportive of job producers, tax payers and folks who offer opportunities to their residents. Illinois shakes them down for every penny that can be extorted from them.
In The Hill Country of Texas (near Austin and San Antonio) we bought a gracious home on almost 2 acres with a swimming pool. It is new, will cost us around 40% of what our home in Wilmette just sold for and the property taxes are 1/3rd of what they are here. Crook County’s property tax system is a disaster: Wilmette homes near ours sell for 50% more and their property taxes are Â½ of ours. Our assessed home value was 50% higher than the sales price. The system is unfair and incompetent.
Our home value is down 40%, our property taxes are up 20% and our local schools have still another referendum on the ballot to increase taxes over 20% in one year. I could go on, but enough is enough. I feel as if we are standing on the deck of the Titanic and I can see the icebergs right in front of us. I will miss our friends a great deal. I have called Illinois home for essentially my entire life. But it is time to go where there is honest, competent and cost effective government. We have chosen to vote with our feet and our wallets. My best to all of you and Good luck!
Well said Mr. Keats…well said.
The Party of Stupid is at it again in Illinois: Cocktail Party GOP establishment continues bizarre war against Hispanics
Read the article above for the latest on the Cocktail Party GOP establishment’s bizarre war on Hispanics in Illinois.
If you remember, this summer Illinois GOP state Chair Pat Brady and Cook County Chair Lee Roupas tried to remove Eloise Gerson, a Jewish Hispanic woman, from her elected position because Eloise blew the whistle on a sex scandal Brady and Roupas covered up involving the disgraced Chicago Young Republicans political social club.
That blew up in the GOP’s face, because Eloise Gerson is a Jewish Hispanic woman.
It is beyond stupid for the Cocktail Party establishment to war with any special interest group, let alone someone who is part of THREE.
Evidently, Pat Brady did not learn his lesson last summer with Lee Roupas and the CYR scandal.
If you ever wonder why Republicans lose so many winnable races in Illinois, just bookmark this page and refresh your memory.
Spread this video far and wide today.
It was created by Organize4Palin.
It’s incredibly well done…and a first taste of the tributes to President Ronald Reagan that will be airing all weekend in honor of his 100th birthday.
Bizarre criticism of Mayor Daley in aftermath of blizzard, with reporters asking where he and his wife Maggie are
This is upsetting for anyone who’s even remotely paid attention to Maggie Daley’s battle with cancer, because both she and her husband, Mayor Daley, are being criticized for not being more visible as Chicago was battered by the “Great Blizzard of 2011″.
First off, Chicago really mobilized in the aftermath of this storm.
You’ve seen photos of 900 cars stopped dead on Lakeshore Drive, but you might not realize that this truly was an act of God and that the City did not drop the ball. A series of accidents, including one with a bus, triggered a huge bottleneck of cars at 800pm or so the night of the blizzard, with the worst of the storm hitting at 9pm. It was, in fact, a perfect storm of bad luck, right at the worst possible moment, on a stretch of highway that shoulders the lake and gets whalloped by ice and snow.
There is nothing the City could have done to stop this. But, Chicago emergency responders, police, and sanitation workers were right on top of it, working hard to remedy the situation with all available resources.
The next morning, once the snow stopped, the City was on the air with press conferences explaining what was going on, giving citizens EXCELLENT directions for how to cope with situations, and mobilizing every able-bodied city worker to get things back to normal.
It was the polar opposite of what happened in New York City during the Christmas snow storm in which city workers deliberately slacked off on the job in protest of union pay cuts.
Mayor Daley was not at the press conference the morning after the blizzard, but his entire emergency management team was.
It’s not stated in any articles, but more likely than not Mayor Daley was with his wife Maggie, who is incredibly ill. The two of them attended the China state dinner last month and Mrs. Daley was forced to use a walker. She still had the same amazing, loving smile we’re used to from her, but she was frail and Mayor Daley had to hold her arm throughout the evening to give her balance.
It’s probably the last big public event we’ll see this WONDERFUL woman at. It was probably her last trip to the White House, which is probably why she and the Mayor attended the event.
If you’ve ever lived in Chicago while Maggie Daley has been our First Lady, you can appreciate what I’m about to say, because it’s so true. There just isn’t anyone out there like Maggie Daley. She’s remarkable, and so kind, and seeing her in such poor health, so frail, is heartbreaking. I am so glad she got to attend one last big function at the White House, and got to go to one last gala, because this woman has given so much to the City of Chicago and its citizens. She made this city beautiful, gave it a creative spark, and made sure every social gathering, festival, and public event was top-notch.
When I used to do special projects for the City as a freelance event producer, I had the joy of hosting Maggie Daley on several occasions, and she gave her all to whatever cause was on her schedule that day. She didn’t leave an event before she thanked every last person there for coming, including all of the staff.
If Mayor and Maggie Daley are not attending something important, it’s because there’s an emergency or other nightmare preventing their attendance. The two of them love Chicago and its people with all their hearts…and say what you want about some of Mayor Daley’s tactics, and about his machine, but give them that.
Maggie Daley’s illness is the reason Mayor Daley didn’t seek a second term.
I honestly believe her illness is why the Mayor was not front and center for the TV cameras in this blizzard. He was running the City like he always does, with a team of experts who clearly knew what they were doing, but he was not at the microphones for a reason.
It’s most likely Maggie’s health…and if it’s that bad, then I hope you say a little prayer for her.
She’s a wonderful woman whom Chicago’s going to miss a great deal.
That’s double for any of us who ever had the honor and pleasure of ever working with her up close on anything.