Posts Tagged ‘2016 presidential election
WHAT: 2016 presidential election results live stream
WHY: Because it’s the most surreal night of the whole damn year, if not our lifetimes
WHO: Hillary “Hilldenburg” Clinton versus Donald “Trumptanic” Trump. If you don’t know who these people are by now, then there ain’t no helping you, fool.
Tonight, either the Hilldenburg goes down in flames or the Trumptanic hits an iceberg. One shall stand, one shall fall. Because we are friends like this, we will watch it all unfold together in real time. What follows is stream of consciousness notes as everything happens. I’m watching various feeds on CSPAN and YouTube. Also following Twitter to see what people are saying there.
What a surreal world we live in at the moment. Not only are Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton the two candidates running for president…but by this time tomorrow we will know which one of them has been elected. It’s all so strange. I hoped at some point that it would stop being strange, but it hasn’t. I still feel like this is all one of those twisted dreams that people have in comas on tee-vee shows. I keep wondering if I am either in such a coma, or if I’m in a very special level of purgatory or suburb of Hades and this is my eternal punishment…to live in this surreal plane of existence where this is really the 2016 election.
Needless to say, this is not how anyone who supported Hillary Clinton back in 2008 thought things would end up. I pretty much side with Hillary’s advisor and consigliere, Cheryl Mills, in that I don’t think she should have ran and I would have advised her not to run (if Hillary ever cared what I thought). In my opinion, Hillary’s best shot at being president was in 2004…but she allowed the Kennedy Family to convince her to wait until 2008…and then the Kennedys backstabbed her and pushed Obama to the nomination. Hillary would have won in 2004 or 2008. But the rise of Obama and everything the Left has done under him was a giant albatross around her neck (even without all of the self-inflicted damage she caused with that email server business).
I don’t really see how Hillary is supposed to win the presidency tomorrow, but we’ll all see what happens. Feel free to come back to this post and be nasty and say “She won! You were wrong!” if she does pull this off…but I don’t see how she does that. This is coming from someone who sunk every cent he had and pretty much derailed his life to help her win in 2008. I don’t regret that effort, because I think Hillary was the best choice of anyone running in 2008 (including McCain…who, let’s be honest, is really a Democrat). Since 2008 though, I don’t like anything that Hillary Clinton has done and I’m pretty angry with her over all of it.
Sitting here and staring at all the bizarre things that keep popping up on Twitter or from WikiLeaks, here are 10 thoughts I’m having and assumptions I think it’s fair to make about tomorrow:
10. Black folks don’t hate Donald Trump and don’t think he’s a racist (which is bad for Hillary, because Democrats win when blacks successfully cry racism). I think this is one of the most fascinating things that no one talks about right now, but blacks don’t hate Trump and don’t think he’s a racist, no matter how much effort the Left has tried to invest in falsely accusing Trump of being a racist. If you remember, in 2008 the Left successfully painted John McCain as a racist, mostly because he dared to run for president against a black man. The mere fact that McCain was contesting the presidential race and was competing against Obama was all the proof anyone needed that McCain was a racist…because he was trying to stop the first black man from being president! The same thing happened in 2012 with Mitt Romney, where the Left accused Romney of being racist for trying to “take the White House away from the black man.” Also, they tried to gin up some craziness about Mormons hating blacks and not letting them be in their church. All of these accusations of racism are quickly forgotten, however, after the election is over. In 2009, the Left went back to loving McCain (because he’s the Republican they can always count on to do whatever Democrats want) and by 2013 Obama was back to golfing with guys from Bain Capital (the company that the Left painted as the most evil entity ever during the election). The Dishonest Media now loves both McCain and Romney again. The hatred directed at the Republican candidate only lasts as long as the election…and then everything defaults back to normal.
With Trump, none of the hatred worked this time and it’s fun to think about why that is. I believe it’s because Trump has been on television for so long and blacks love reality tee-vee. More black people I know watch shows like The Apprentice than I do. Most black people I know have television, which I haven’t had since 2009. Trump is someone whom blacks have always found amusing and they’ve never been taught to see as a villain. If so, his show would have lasted half a season and NBC would have canceled it. So, Trump was someone whom the Left could never paint as a racist…and thus they were not able to make blacks hate him.
I think of any politician, Trump actually likes black people and wants to legitimately help them. Our urban centers are complete ruins because of one-party Democrat rule. Black people want jobs. They want factories to come back so they can work. They want safe, decent schools. They want crime-free neighborhoods. Democrats haven’t delivered any of these things…and in fact Democrats keep wanting to bring in more Spanish-speaking people to replace blacks in various city and county jobs. If there are two people up for a position in Chicago, for instance, with one of them being black and the other being a Spanish-speaker, the City will hire the Spanish-speaker (because the people doing the hiring think blacks are trouble and the Spanish-speakers are easier to handle, especially the monolingual ones who are docile and just do as they are told). Black people are not stupid and they realize that Democrats are replacing them with Third World colonists from Mexico and Central America.
I wonder how many blacks will actually turn out to vote FOR Trump because they realize that stopping illegal immigration helps the black community. I’ve heard over and over again from blacks in Chicago that black people do not vote AGAINST someone but instead like to vote FOR a person. Hillary didn’t give blacks a reason to vote FOR her. All the energy was put into painting Trump as someone who says “mean things” or is a sexist pig, but blacks didn’t seem to care about any of that. More than a few of them believe Trump would actually do something good for them and they responded to his message that they have nothing to lose if they vote for him. I don’t think Hillary gave blacks any reason to believe their lives would be better with her in office…and none of them had any burning desire to leave the house and go vote for an old, blonde, white woman for anything.
9. Who are these people who really want more illegal immigrants to flood the country? Besides the Chamber of Commerce that wants cheap labor and Democrats in power who want the votes, who the hell wants the endless stream of uneducated, unskilled, Spanish-speakers to keep flooding the country? Black people sure don’t want that. White people — as timid and meek and quiet as they are all taught to be in this politically correct epoch — don’t want that. Gay people don’t want that. What about the Spanish-speakers already here who are eligible to vote? Do they want the country flooded with an endless stream of the worst people they left behind in the hellholes they escaped from to come here? I just have a hard time understanding who it is, exactly, who wants the US to continue to be flooded with immigrants from the Third World. Who thinks this is a good idea? The Establishment wants this because the Establishment would like the American people (as we exist now) to be eradicated and replaced with a more docile, less educated, and more easily-controlled Spanish-speaking majority. But do Americans want to be replaced like that? I know that white people have become wimpy and are scared of their own shadows. That’s a result of being comfortable and having a tee-vee in every room and living in the suburbs and having Starbucks every day. White people are scared to death of being called racist and they are terrified of the government, so they’ve basically become the Eloi from The Time Machine novel. The Morlocks are being imported by the thousands…but the Eloi are too meek to say anything about it. This is the frustrating Age of Political Correctness/National Suicide that we live in. Normally, Republicans are scared to talk about population replacement and the detriment that all this immigration has on our country…but Trump was the lone guy brave enough to speak the truth. Who are the people that would vote against him for that? I have a hard time believing that Americans will want to vote for Hillary when she flat-out states that she wants more immigration. If you are someone who doesn’t like the idea of the American people being replaced by the Third World via unchecked and unlimited immigration/colonization, then the choice is really clear that you have to vote for Trump.
8. Who are the people who really want more Muslims to be brought into the country? I’m a gay man. Muslims kill gay guys like me all over the world by throwing gays off buildings. In other places like Saudi Arabia, Muslims behead gay people. In Iran, gay men are forced to have sex change operations and be turned into women. Muslims destroy everything in their path like locusts or monsters from fairytales. Look at what the Muslims have done to France and what they are doing to Sweden and Germany. Look what Muslims colonists did in Idaho, where they raped a mentally challenged girl this year. I know that the Dishonest Media tries to keep all of this secret but I think that people spread this news over social media. I see it being shared all the time on Facebook and on Twitter. I see people talking about it in articles on entertainment sites. You should see what people say about all this on PARENTING sites. My goodness, all the moms out there in their Mommy Groups know all about every horrible thing Muslim immigrants do, wherever they do it. Hillary Clinton very clearly wants to bring in more Muslims, which to me means that she wants to increase the chances that another gay bar is going to get shot-up or bombed and more children are going to be harmed somewhere because Muslims were dropped into that small town. Islam is the great evil of our time and it gets away with destroying things and terrorizing people because Islam ingeniously masquerades as a religion. Which means out of political correctness that no one is allowed to criticize it. But in the privacy of the voting booth, who out there is really going to be voting for Hillary so she can being MORE Muslims into America? Who are those people?
7. I don’t know how much regular people paid attention to Hillary’s emails or the Clinton Foundation corruption, but I think normal folks know that Hillary did something sketchy that she shouldn’t have. Sometimes I am surprised by how little regular people know about what is going on in politics. The best analogy I can think of is comparing this to how little I know about sportsball. I am vaguely aware of sportsball happening around me and I catch a little here and there whenever someone is talking about sportsball. Clearly, I paid more attention than usual in the last few weeks as the Cubs competed (and won!) in the World Series (especially since they were up against my hometown team from Cleveland). Because of the World Series attention, I now know the first and last names of several handsome Cubs players. I know the last names of a few other less cute ones. I never bothered to learn the names of any Indians players or anyone else in sportsball at large. I know Aaron Rodgers’ name only because he’s one of the closeted gays that Taylor Swift beards for (and a gossip site I like, BlindGossip, always writes about him).
Regular people out there in the world know as much about Hillary’s emails and other scandals as I know about sportsball…which means they have a vague idea that she did something wrong, but they don’t know what, really. Honestly, it takes me a lot of effort to sift through everything that’s come out about the Clinton Foundation. Regular people are not reading all the great books like Clinton Cash or Jerome Corsi’s FANTASTIC book Partners in Crime. This is all analogous to how I’ve never seen ESPN, I’ve never read Sports Illustrated, and I know little more than the rudimentary rules of any sportsball game. Yet, I can tell you who won the World Series this year and who was the team that lost the Series this year (but I could not tell you last year’s competing teams to save my life).
It’s hard for those of us who follow politics to appreciate how little the majority of people follow politics. It’s also hard for us to gauge what information trickles down to regular folks. I think it’s fair to say that most people didn’t like Hillary Clinton when this election started. I am comfortable accepting that assumption because I worked for her 2008 campaign and regular people would tell me every day how much they hated her. Back then, they hated her because she didn’t divorce her scumbag husband. Some of them also said they hated her because she lied about coming under sniper fire in Bosnia in the 1990s. I believe that in 2016 people still hated her for those things…but then had fresh things to hate her for. I am not kidding when I say this and I am being dead serious here: many people think Hillary killed a man named Ben Gazi. (This is similar to how a large portion of the country believes that Hillary killed Vince Foster, though they have no idea who that man was.) I heard that so many times this year that I lost count: She killed Ben Gazi! They are not sure who “Ben Gazi” is, but “he” had something to do with Syria or Egypt or Iraq and he died there…and it was all Hillary’s fault. People seem to mostly give Hillary a break on her emails because she is old and no one believes she is sophisticated enough to setup some kind of computer network on her own. They seem to figure that if Hillary got someone to do that for her then someone in the government must have said it was okay. People also think that the Secret Service is there to stop Hillary from doing anything wrong or illegal and that they watch her all day…which is strange, because the SS is there to protect her, not watch what she is doing. But, a lot of regular people assume that if Hillary was doing anything illegal that the SS would step in and stop it. This is what regular people think.
At the end of the day, I believe that most voters will walk into voting booths knowing very little about WikiLeaks except that embarrassing things were found in Hillary’s emails and the FBI looked into it and then let her off the hook. I think people feel that she did something sketchy and that the FBI chose not to go after her because she is powerful. I just don’t know how much they will hold that against her. I’ve never heard anyone say “everyone does this” or “it’s no big deal” though. My big takeaway from all this is that all of the people who hated her in 2008 probably still hate her now…and Hillary did nothing to win these people over. On top of that, there were probably many people who were neutral or apathetic towards her in 2008 who, because of “Ben Gazi” and the email server and everything else, now hate her.
Hillary did nothing in all of 2016 to make anyone love her or believe she is a transcendent and magical figure like they felt about Obama in 2008 and 2012. I don’t see how she wins the election without that kind of love when she has so much residual hatred aimed at her.
6. I don’t think regular people have made the connection that the Clinton Foundation was a money-laundering tool where the Clintons sold access to the State Department in exchange for money. This is Donald Trump’s own fault for not hammering this home enough. Look how even I talk about that email server when the real scandal should be the Clinton Foundation being used as a crime family money laundering device. It’s really clear that the Clinton Foundation has never done very much good…and that the money it raises really just makes the Clintons themselves personally rich. From what we can see in WikiLeaks, even Chelsea is in on all this. I’m personally horrified by it all and disgusted with the Clintons right now. I don’t know why they had to do any of this, but it’s pretty clear that the Clinton Foundation has not been operating as a real charity but instead has been a money-printing device for the Clintons. It’s also really clear that the Clintons exploited Haiti and that Hillary shamelessly chased after Muslim money in exchange for State Department favors. This also explains why Hillary looks the other way when Muslims kill gays all over the world: she wants those Islamic millions so she allows gays to be persecuted. And that makes me sick.
It is really obvious to anyone who pays any attention to all of this that the Clinton Foundation is going to, at some point, be raided as a criminal enterprise and that a lot of people are going to go jail. I think it’s clear that before he leaves office that Obama is going to pardon the Clintons, including Chelsea probably, and all of their aides and enablers. Democrats will never want the Clinton Foundation to be properly investigated. The whole thing needs to be shut down and all future First Families need to be barred from creating any kind of similar Foundation after they leave the White House. Never again can a criminal enterprise like this be allowed to flourish. It is like something out of a Godfather movie or the tee-vee show The Sopranos. How in the hell was this allowed to happen?
5. All of the crazy things that keep coming out about the Clintons has made people who never believed the conspiracy theories before suddenly think that there really is something wrong with them. I have to admit that I used to think people were crazy when they would talk about the Clintons murdering people. For years, I would roll my eyes when people would insist that Hillary personally murdered Vince Foster…but when that kid Seth Rich was murdered this year around the time that WikiLeaks was starting up, I crossed over into believing that, YES, the Clintons are involved at some level in killing all these people. I don’t know WHY they wanted former Commerce Secretary Ron Brown killed, but I’m pretty sure that the Clintons had Brown’s plane crash back in the 1990s. I also think it’s likely that he did have a bullet put into his head in the wreckage, to make sure he was dead. All of the people who mysteriously die right as they are about to testify against the Clintons clearly didn’t kill themselves or succumb to tragic accidents. They were murdered. I wonder now if John F. Kennedy Jr. really died in an accident in his small plane…or if he too was taken out because he got in the Clintons’ way. Remember that in 1999 he was looking to run for the Senate in 2000, but Hillary wanted that seat in New York. Then JFK Jr. died and the path opened up for Hillary. That was pretty convenient. Was it a coincidence…or was it Arkancide? At this point, I view the Clintons as a crime family and a cartel. I don’t see them as a lovable former First Family. I see them as ruthless people who leave bodies in their wake. And I am someone who spent more than a year of my life trying to get them back into the White House in 2008. If I feel this way about them now because of all the WikiLeaks and other revelations, then how do regular people feel about them at this point (especially people who hated them to begin with)?
4. Does Donald Trump being tacky matter to people, or do they see him as someone who actually achieved things and built something? This is something I’ve struggled with when it comes to the Trumps: I do think they are tacky and garish. But, frankly, I think all those reality stars are tacky and garish. I wish that Trump didn’t cover everything in gold. I wish that his sons didn’t hunt leopards on safari. I wish that Melania had written her own speech at the Convention in Cleveland. A lot about the Trumps screams Real Housewives or Kardashians. But, Americans LOVE the Real Housewives and Kardashians and reality stars. While I’ve never known anyone with as much money as the Trumps, I’ve known some pretty rich people and they are all tacky as hell. The rich people I know in Chicago live in big McMansions in the suburbs and their homes are full of tacky gold junk too, just like the inside of Trump Tower (though on a more modest, suburban scale). I don’t think regular people are turned off by any of the Trumps’ garishness and tackiness. Black people, in fact, LOVE IT. Have you seen the inside of black people’s homes, especially ones that have a little bit of money? It’s ALL GOLD and marble and statues of lions with big testicles and all that. That’s another reason why I think black people will vote for Trump, come to think of it: he’s not a stuffy rich white person like Romney was. Trump is tacky in the way that black people would be tacky if they could afford all that gold. A lot of poor white people who’ve never had money look at everything Trump and think it is classy because it is expensive. And because Trump has been on the tee-vee for so long, people have this impression of him being a big success and his tackiness being what rich people are supposed to be like. And they all love it. People know that Trump has skyscrapers and hotels and casinos and other things, because every season of The Apprentice involved him building some new thing. People like that. And they like him. I think they will vote for him when they would never have considered voting for Romney.
3. The #NeverTrump people are few and irrelevant. Back in 2008, I was part of the PUMA (Party Unity My Ass) movement…Democrats who left the party after the DNC stole the nomination from Hillary Clinton. The DNC rigged the 2008 race as much as it rigged the 2016 race…only back in 2008 it was rigged against (not for) Hillary. The Obama campaign used Alinsky Methods on all us Hillary supporters…and we still have the scars and wounds to prove it. I will never forget or forgive the Obama people for what they did to all of us who supported Hillary in 2008. I will never in my life vote for another Democrat as a result of what was done to us. I could not stand John McCain (but I loved Sarah Palin and still do to this day) and it was hard to vote for him (so I voted for Sarah Palin for VP and was thrilled with that). In 2012, I was disgusted that the GOP Establishment got its way and selected Mitt Romney, because it was his turn to be the nominee. Clearly, Obama should not have been given a second term so I would have voted for whoever the GOP put up against him. I was voting AGAINST Obama. In 2016, I would have voted for whoever the Republican running this year was because, frankly, I don’t see myself ever voting for a Democrat ever again. I was not expecting to find someone exciting to vote FOR, however. Trump’s run the kind of campaign that I always wanted to see: he has been the total opposite of milquetoast mayonnaise. He has made the GOP Establishment positively apoplectic. I have loved every minute of it. He says the things that people have been YEARNING to hear someone say for years, if not decades. He has been the Bullworth candidate that I had hoped to see at least once in my lifetime.
I don’t understand people like Ben Shapiro, Erik Erikson, Brad Thor, and that Allahpundit guy over at HotAir who have been aggressively trying to elect Hillary Clinton just so Donald Trump would lose. I don’t know why they would want to put a Democrat into the White House. In my opinion, if you are that upset about who your party picked to be the nominee and you feel that you can no longer be part of that party, you need to come out and say that and then openly work for the other side. I did that in 2008 as a PUMA: I was so disgusted with the way that the Democrat Party operated in the primaries that I left the party (officially on 5/31/08) and I never looked backed. I became a Democrat for McCain first and then quickly became a Republican. I was open about all of this.
In my opinion, Shapiro, Erikson, Thor, Allahpundit and all the rest of these guys need to just say that they are Democrats now and that they want Hillary Clinton to win…just as in 2008 I switched sides from Democrat to Republican and wanted McCain/Palin to win that year. All of these guys clearly want Clinton/Kaine to prevail tomorrow, but they don’t own up to it. Instead, they do sneaky and underhanded things just to undermine and malign Trump. I don’t think that’s fair or decent of them. And I hope there are serious consequences for all of them in the days, months, and years to come. I don’t think anyone who wants Trump to win tomorrow should ever buy another book from any of those guys. Let them sell their books to Democrats (and see how many buy them).
2. Can Hillary Clinton win the states that depend on large black and Millennial turnout when blacks and Millennials just aren’t into her? This is the thing I am really fascinated by: can Hillary win states that Democrats usually win when she’s up against Trump, whom blacks do not hate…AND at the same time Millennials are all pissed off about Bernie Sanders. On Facebook, lots of gay people I know still bitch and moan about Bernie Sanders being screwed over in the rigged primaries. Instead of posting hateful things about Trump and wishing he was dead (all the usual things that gays do to a Republican candidate), these people just moan about and pine for Bernie. It’s the weirdest thing. At Halloween, I saw black people walking around dressed like Donald Trump…and it wasn’t a joke or a protest or anything. Just a fun costume. Someone told me that Camille Paglia (or someone like that) said in an interview that she knew Trump would win when she saw Diamond & Silk for the first time (Trump’s hilarious black female supporters). Romney and McCain didn’t have anyone like Diamond & Silk because black people never warmed up to Romney and McCain. Trump has all kinds of gay supporters too, especially since he says he will stop the importation of Muslims into the country…the very Muslims who want to kill gay people. All of this combines to form an interesting variable that never existed in 2008 or 2012. Different factions of the Left that are supposed to lockstep blind vote for Democrats and hate Republicans with a passion don’t feel that way this year. For one thing, they don’t hate Trump the way they were taught to hate McCain and Romney. But, on top of that the GOP Establishment hates Trump…so they made Trump look like he is an outsider, third party candidate.
The “He’s the enemy of our enemy” mentality has kicked in. Gays, blacks, Millennials, and other Democrat identity blocs see the GOP Establishment hate Trump and they realize that Trump is not really a Republican. He is something else. Something they don’t know how to automatically hate. Will they go vote for him? Maybe not…but they aren’t racing to the polls to vote AGAINST him the way they voted AGAINST McCain and Romney. This is all unprecedented.
There is no social stigma for a black, gay, or Millennial to say they are voting for Trump because everyone can say it is to teach the Democrats a lesson over what they did to Bernie Sanders. Other people are openly voting for Jill Stein (I think that’s her name), of the Green Party. Instead of being attacked for throwing their votes away, the people doing that are being APPLAUDED by many I see on Facebook. It’s all so very strange. Unprecedented.
I don’t see how Hillary wins with all this going on. I don’t see how she pulls the numbers she needs out of big cities and college towns if all this is happening when Obama barely won in many states with all the cylinders firing for him.
1. Does George Soros and Dominion Voting have enough voter fraud power to bring Hillary the numbers she needs…and can they get away with it this year? I believe firmly that American elections are rigged for the most part. I am not completely sure how they are rigged, but I think it’s largely to do with something that photo IDs would prevent. This is why Democrats fight so hard against photo IDs. There’s something about having to show a photo ID at a polling place that Democrats know would collapse the voter fraud system they have in place. I think it’s either that Democrats have people come in and vote as other people (who never vote, but are registered) or Democrats successfully register illegals to vote…and they would not be able to do so if they were required to show a photo ID. Whatever’s happening, the photo ID is the holy water that Democrats don’t want tossed onto their scheme.
I also believe that George Soros wouldn’t invest in electronic voting machines unless he could do something to them to rig elections because George Soros is a super villain and this is the kind of thing he does. Soros funds all kinds of organizations that tackle different angles independently, all with the goal of rigging elections for Democrats. This is all these people do. And they are good at it. They are out there, spending Soros’ money, working to push far-Left candidates into office so Soros’ agenda can be fulfilled. I do not understand why the CIA or MI6 in the UK or Mossad in Israel do not do something about George Soros. He might possibly be the most evil person on the planet at the moment. I wish every day that someone would explain to me why he’s allowed to continue doing what he has been openly doing for years. He must really have the blackmailing goods on very powerful people to be untouchable like this. He is Al Capone but on the global scale.
My big question is whether Soros can pull off a win for Hillary. The Dishonest Media is all in for her and they will do everything they can tomorrow to call the election early for her. What shenanigans will Soros be up to?
What part did handing the Internet over to the UN have to play in the election? Notice that Obama insisted that happen before the votes were counted. Is that part of Soros’ plan somehow? I wish Ian Fleming was still alive so he could maybe get inside Soros’ head. All sorts of strange things have been happening in recent years that feel that they were all part of a bigger scheme…which feels like they were leading up to tomorrow and this election.
What surprises does the world’s premiere super villain have in store for us all on November 8th, 2016?
I close with this thought that my friend Reba expressed to me back in 2012, which I pull out every time I feel exasperated by the surreality of our world today:
Everyone is speculating on just what the FBI could have that allowed disgraced Director James Comey to strut back into the national spotlight with his letter informing Congress that new information has been discovered regarding Hillary Clinton’s email mess. I have absolute zero respect for Comey and view him like he’s a corrupt circus clown. I think he enjoyed the attention he received on July 5th when he had his big press conference (in which he essentially revealed that the FBI is corrupt and would not be putting a person as powerful as Hillary in front of a grand jury)…and now on Friday October 28th he decided he wanted to be a drama queen again, hinting and winking and wiggling his butt for the cameras like a giggling little imp. He should just come out and say what’s going on, not make us all guess.
This is not how the FBI is supposed to operate: these are supposed to be professionals, not impish butt-wigglers. The FBI should not operate like we are watching children’s theater for 40-year-old gay people in the back of a bar, where surprise plot twists are designed to make the audience gasp and exclaim and clutch at pearls.
The Director of the FBI should not tease and drop clues like a chubby man squeezed into a homemade Riddler costume at Halloween. That’s not how this is supposed to work. That’s not how any of this is supposed to work. This is all very vexing.
So, all weekend everyone has been losing their damn minds over Comey’s letter. I’ve read all of the various theories as to what’s going on and I draw the following conclusions:
1. Hillary Clinton has been caught lying, because something on Huma Abedin’s computer is so obviously confidential and not-all0wed-to-be-on-Huma’s-computer that everything Hillary said to the FBI and to Congress is obviously a lie. She will either have to admit gross incompetence or she’ll be proven to be a liar…and something on Huma’s computer will prove this.
2. Huma Abedin needs to go to prison. Do you remember Scooter Libby? So much crazy stuff happens now every day that this feels like it happened in the 1800s, but it was only just 2005 (11 years ago). I had to look up what exactly Libby went to prison for, but it is much less terrible than what Huma Abedin has clearly been up to. Libbey was charged with obstructing justice, lying to the FBI, making false statements to various people, and perjuring himself. This was all about Valerie Plame, the CIA-agent who was the wife of Ambassador Joe Wilson. Her cover was blown and the FBI investigated Libby for being involved in blowing her cover as a way for the Bush Administration to get back at Wilson for speaking out against the Administration’s war plans. The FBI came down hard on Libby and he went to jail. Why the hell isn’t Huma Abedin in handcuffs already?
The fact that Huma had in her possession a laptop or some other device that had more of the emails on it that she was supposed to turn over — after she signed papers attesting that she had turned over all her required devices — is already worse than what Scooter Libby did. She hid those devices when she was supposed to have turned them over! Libby never did anything like that. He wasn’t hiding computers or phones or anything.
Huma seems to have told many more lies than Libby ever told as well. She also appears to have allowed a deranged sexual pervert and pedophile (her husband, Anthony Weiner) to have access to devices that contained confidential information and the mysterious emails that everyone has been trying to hide. Scooter Libby was never accused of allowing degenerate perverts and sexual criminals to have access to sensitive materials.
Human Abedin needs to go to prison for a long, long, long time for all of this. And that’s not even getting into the fact that this woman is clearly a Saudi Arabian clandestine operative who has been manipulating and handling the Clintons for years. I will never understand WHY the Clintons have allowed this, but it is clear as day that Saudi Arabia has been using Huma to manipulate Hillary for years and that Huma takes her orders from the Saudis. It’s sickening that a Saudi Arabian agent has been allowed to have such unfettered access to all this confidential information. Human Abedin really needs to be charged with espionage…because the whole point of that secret bathroom server was to put all of this information in a place where foreign actors like the Saudis could access it. And Huma seems to have been the facilitator of all this.
3. I think James Comey, Loretta Lynch, and others involved in making the investigation go away in July need to go to prison too. So, you let Hillary off the hook when obviously something bad was going on…and it’s so bad that right before a presidential election James Comey pops up again like a whack-a-mole to reignite all of this. So why the hell wasn’t a proper investigation conducted in the first place? What corruptocrats were behind that? All of them need to go to prison. At this point, Donald Trump needs to call for the reopening of Alcatraz to hold all of these high-ranking people who deserve to go to prison.
4. I’m seeing people speculating that the FBI might be completely corrupt and untrustworthy, but that the local police in New York City are still honest and decent enough to have found an angle to bring the Clintons down. Preet Bharara needs to be looked at for the position of Comey’s replacement as FBI Director. Who better to go after everyone in the FBI who is corrupt and went along with James Comey in July? Bharara appears to have been the one who realized that something the NYPD found in Anthony Weiner’s possession contradicted everything that Comey said on July 5th.
What I think they found is something that shows “intent.” Remember how Comey made the bizarre assertion that the FBI could let the Clintons do whatever they wanted and not prosecute them because nothing showed “intent”?
Well, what if Bharara (everyone seems to call him “Preet”) discovered something on Huma’s computers that showed intent? If that was found, then Comey could not ignore it…because Comey made such a big deal about his claim that “intent” was required for prosecution (even though the law did not actually require “intent”).
What I believe happened is that the NYPD turned everything over to Bharara like they were supposed to do. Bharara is not scared of anyone and is pretty much an American hero and a new version of Elliott Ness. Bharara saw that he could easily contradict Comey and I bet he went to the FBI and said that unless they do what they are supposed to do and stop playing politics that Bharara would have his own press conference and bring the FBI down.
I picture James Comey running through the halls of the FBI, crying, his eyes red and the front of his pants damp with urine. That man is so despicable, he truly is. I imagine Bharara scaring the bejeezus out of him and Comey realizing he had to pull some stunt to try to save himself: and the stunt was that bizarre letter to Congress.
But I don’t think anything is going to save Comey. That man had the chance on July 5th to be a hero. He could have made himself into a future president as well…if he had stood up at the microphone and said that the Justice Department and Attorney General Loretta Lynch were pressuring not to recommend prosecution for Hillary Clinton, but that he would resign from the FBI because he believed she should be put before a grand jury at the very least. Just imagine if this clown had done that. What a moment THAT could have been…especially if he called up on every decent and honest FBI agent to walk out of the building with him. Everyone who valued the oath they took and respected the FBI’s mission should have gotten up from their desks and marched out with Comey. They all should have walked to the Capitol together and demanded to address Congress and tell them about the corruption in the Justice Department.
That would have been historic. Comey could have written his own ticket for the rest of his life after that. The American people would have rallied around him and everyone involved in that stunt would have been heroes. It would have been a real turning point and it would have been seen as the beginning of draining the swamp.
But, instead, sniveling James Comey made up that weird thing about “intent” being required…and it appears that others in the FBI were so sickened by this corruption that an internal war is raging in the Bureau now. Comey screwed everything up…but thank goodness for the NYPD and Preet Bharara (assuming that they were involved in this turnaround, which I believe they were).
It’s really unfair and despicable to do this to the American people on a Friday and then leave everyone hanging over the weekend. Maybe Comey is giving the Clinton campaign a few days to decide what they want to do before another hammer drops. I really don’t know what anyone can do at this point though. This is all unprecedented.
It feels like we are all living inside a John Grisham novel, like The Pelican Brief. This isn’t how our government is supposed to operate. Real life should not be more exciting and interesting than House of Cards. Great Merciful Zeus, this isn’t how any of this is supposed to work!
Today, let’s think about who is voting for Hillary Clinton in this election…and who would realistically never walk into a voting booth and cast a ballot for her.
I dedicated a full year of my life in 2007-2008 to making her president back then…but in September I early-voted here in Chicago and cast my ballot for Donald Trump mainly because as a gay man I am disgusted by Hillary Clinton’s expressed desire to bring more Muslims into this country (when Islam executes gays all over the world and America suffered a horrific attack in June’s massacre at an Orlando gay bar). In the past, there were a lot of things I could overlook about Hillary — like the fact that she is a pathological liar…because almost all politicians are pathological liars — but flooding America with Muslims (and all the dysfunctional cultural backwardness they bring with them) is just too dangerous for gay people and women. We need immigrants who will make America stronger and better. This country should not be a dumping ground for monsters that other places of the world do not want…and we should never become a place for Islam to colonize and spread that particular brand of medieval evil in the world. So, no thanks Hillary. Going all-in on flooding us with Muslims removed any sense of loyalty I might have otherwise had for her. If she loves Muslims so much, then let them vote for her…but I hope all other gays put their own self-perseveration above Hillary loyalty.
I’m, of course, also upset about the Clinton Foundation clearly being a criminal enterprise and operating like a cartel. It’s obvious to me that Hillary’s private server was in place to obscure the pay-to-play deals that the Clinton Global Initiative was involved in…where CGI operatives would beg for large donations worldwide in return for favors that Hillary would grant them at the State Department. She was selling access and abusing her government position and when challenged on this she destroyed evidence and used her husband’s influence to convince Attorney General Loretta Lynch and FBI Director James Comey to look the other way and not prosecute any of this, for purely political reasons. The corruption involved in all of this is sickening. I’m not sure how anyone out there can have any confidence in our government anymore. The Lying Media is refusing to report on any of it properly, of course…but there are enough industrious citizen sleuths out there who will get to the bottom of it all and continue putting together the pieces.
I’m very angry at Hillary Clinton. She destroyed herself by engaging in duplicitous greed. I’m also certain her health problems are crippling and the true extent of how bad everything is has been hidden from the public. That’s just another one of her strange, pathological lies in my book.
I could go on and on here, but you get the point. I’m someone who threw everything I had into her 2008 campaign and believed she would have been a better president than either Barack Obama or John McCain…but I not only didn’t vote for her in 2016 but I am furious with her (and believe she should have been brought before a grand jury at the very least).
Many gay people I know — who are supposed to be part of her base — are angry with her over the primaries, where they stupidly believed that Bernie Sanders had a shot of being the nominee. I think this is foolishness on their part because there was no way that the DNC would deny Hillary the nomination twice in a row. They screwed her over in 2008 to give the nomination to a black man, when they rigged the primaries against her. She fell in line in the end with the understanding that when she ran again she would be allowed to become the first female presidential nominee. Sanders was in on all this the whole time, of course. He’s ancient, so having him in the race kept people from talking about Hillary’s age. He’s a far-left socialist, so he made Hillary look more moderate and palatable in comparison. But, yet, Millennials and gays went crazy for him. Every gay guy I know who drank Obama’s Kool-Aid in 2008 and didn’t support Hillary back then (but promised to support her in the future if she ever ran again) was all about Bernie Sanders in 2016. And they are angry that the nomination “was stolen from him.”
Millennials have no love for Hillary and many actively hate her. She is clearly corrupt, so they couldn’t do that thing they loved doing with Obama, where he was this blank slate that they pinned all their hopes and dreams onto. They fell in love with the idea of Obama being some kind of messiah figure who came down from outer space to solve all their problems and they would cry and chant and have sort of a religious experience thinking about him. None of this bizarre phenomenon happens when it comes to Hillary. People don’t like her and never will.
On top of all the reasons that people didn’t like her in 2008 (which centered mostly on people being angry that she never divorced her husband), there are dozens of new reasons to be furious with Hillary in 2016. Her campaign — which I think was the worst-run campaign ever put forward by any presidential candidate — never gave people a reason to vote for her. She just said nasty, hateful, Alinsky-based things about Donald Trump. The Lying Media never faulted her for this, but I thought it was despicable that Hillary Clinton stood there during the presidential debates going on about Rosie O’Donnell and Trump calling Rosie a pig. I live in Chicago and Rosie briefly lived a few blocks away from me when she was filming her little-watched tee-vee show in Oprah’s old studios. I encountered Rosie a few times around town. She is every bit the nasty, rude, pig and slob in real life that Trump called her out as. If you’ve ever seen Rosie mistreat people in person and be a diva in real life then you’d find Trump’s honestly about her refreshing.
I don’t know who is fired up or thrilled to be voting for Hillary. I’m someone who very much would like to see a female US president and for a long time I wanted that person to be Hillary Clinton. But I think something is seriously wrong with her brain these days that no one is ever honest about…and I also think that the woman has serious ethical and moral problems when it comes to the way she and that Clinton Foundation conduct themselves. She is a Pandora’s box of nightmares and scandals…and on top of that I don’t think she would ever do a damn thing to change the institutional problems we have in this country. How could she be trusted to ever address any of the corruption when she is so damn corrupt herself?
That leaves us with the question of who is voting for her?
* Are blacks voting for her? As a rule, blacks vote as a bloc for Democrats because they think that is how they will keep getting free things. Blacks by and large have not woken up to the fact that Democrats keep black people poor so they will be dependent on Democrats. Blacks don’t see that Democrats hate blacks but find them useful at election time. So many blacks will continue to vote Democrat this year…but they do not love Hillary. They turned on Hillary in 2008 remember? As soon as blacks saw that the black man in the race could go all the way, they abandoned Hillary in droves. Blacks did what blacks always do: they looked at the color of their own skin, looked at Obama’s skin, and realized they were the same color…so they race-voted as a tribe for him. Democrats have tried painting Trump as a racist…because this is what Democrats always do: they call whoever they are up against a racist. This usually works with blacks, who love calling someone a racist and revving up the Black Grievances Fester machine. But blacks have watched Trump’s antics through the years and they like him, just as most Americans have liked him on the tee-vee. So the usual tricks don’t work with Trump. I think more blacks are going to vote for him than have voted for any Republican in years. Many will also stay home and not vote for Hillary because she did not pick a black man to be on the ticket with her. Blacks would have liked that because blacks are unapologetically racist and color-vote for their own tribe. With no black on the ticket, why should they bother to go vote?
* Are Spanish-speakers voting for her? I still don’t understand why people who made it to this country legally and followed all the rules would want to have America flooded with more Spanish-speaking illegals. That just brings more competition for low-level jobs and depletes benefits that people already here depend on. Hillary wants open borders. I think people who benefit from the way things are now (but don’t want it to get worse) aren’t in any rush to see more of the Third World imported here.
* Are working class people voting for her? She wants to lower wages by importing more cheap labor and she clearly wants that horrific TPP trade deal that will send more factories overseas. She actively says she wants to destroy the coal industry. She does not support energy independence. If you are a working class person, why would you support her?
We could spend all day going down this list. I don’t have the energy for that today. I think you get my point. While the Lying Media screams “The election is over! The election is over!” I feel that this is just something they are doing to trick Republicans into giving up and staying home. It worked on McCain and Romney supporters. I don’t think it will work on Trump’s supporters, though, because people are just so angry.
The Lying Media don’t understand how angry everyone is. And how so much anger is directed at Hillary for all of her lies and her clearly illegal actions that she got away with. People are chanting “Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!” and they mean it. Millions of people want to see this person sent to prison…not to the White House. Since she never really gave anyone a reason to want to vote for her, people are going with their gut and voting AGAINST her.
Democrats tried to scorch the earth and depict Trump as the worst person ever…but that really only depresses Trump’s turnout. The Cocktail Party Establishmentarians won’t be voting for Trump (and will even vote for Hillary, since she’s clearly part of the Establishment)…but will the millions of people who stayed home and refused to fall in line and vote for McCain and Romney finally show up this year? If so, they would clearly vote for Trump.
Who are the people who would come out of the woodwork to excitedly vote for Hillary? Who are those people? I have a hard time imagining who that would be.
This has been such a strange election, but I think Trump’s message of “burn it all down” and “drain the swamp” resonates. I want the swamp drained and I want the corrupt Establishment burned to the ground. I have a hard time imagining who out there wants things to continue the way that they have been.
It’s Hillary’s own damn fault that she’s in the mess that she’s in and no one out there should feel any sympathy for her. She did this all to herself and it’s a tragedy that she’s not a “change” candidate when America wants or needs one.
With 14 days left to go in this election, let’s take some time to sit back and think about what assumptions can be made that are true. Let’s also ask some questions about what’s really going on and how many lies the tee-vee is telling right now. What do we really know?
1. The Media lies and people working in Media knowingly and deliberately lie in ways designed to help make Hillary Clinton president in 2016. This is an interesting phenomenon for anyone who supported Hillary in 2008, because back then the Media lied and succeeded in helping to keep her from becoming the Democrats’ nominee. The two most memorable pigs that year were Chris Matthews and Tim Russert: they aggressively came at Hillary every day during the primaries, telling her to surrender and to give the nomination to Obama. Repeatedly, they would say there was no chance she could win…and that her supporters should not even bother heading out to vote because it was a lost cause. None of this worked very well on Hillary’s supporters though: because we were Democrats, we knew what the Media was doing and recognized this as Alinsky trickery. Hillary ended up getting more than 18 million votes in the primaries (more than Obama had), though superdelegates defected to Obama and handed him the nomination.
These Media tricks work really well on Republicans though. I’ve never fully understood why. I think maybe Republicans are either just gullible or they are mostly honest people…so they like living in the fantasy world where the tee-vee tells the truth, like it did in 1950-something when it used to be in black and white and mostly honest people sat behind the anchor desk. Republicans tend to be people who still send loved ones Christmas cards full of cash…and are surprised when postal workers steal them (disappointing whatever grandchild never got his or her card in the end). Republicans are the people who stop and listen when homeless people come up and say “Can I ask you a question?”…and never see the pickpocketing or mugging coming once the predator has them right where they want them.
So, when the tee-vee tells Republicans that there’s no way for Trump to win and that the election is over, Republicans for some reason believe that. There’s always a large number of people every year who should be voting Republican but who stay home and allow Democrats to win. I will never understand why they do that, but I think a large part of it is that they obey the tee-vee when the tee-vee tells them to stay home. Democrats will never, ever do that because Democrats all instinctively know that the tee-vee lies.
2. Is any Republican dumb enough to “stay home and teach somebody a lesson” this year? Here’s another thing that I never understand, but it happened in 2008 and 2012: this whole thing where Republicans fold their arms and sit on the couch and say “I ain’t gonna vote ’cause I’mma gonna teach them a lesson!” Well, how did that work out?
What: The Alfred E. Smith (Al Smith) Dinner. Not to be confused with the Alfred E. Neuman anything.
When: Thursday 10/20/16 at 750pm CT
Where: The Waldorf=Astoria in NYC (live streamed on CSPAN.org)
Who: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, having to pretend to be comedians for a surreal and bizarre evening
Why: Beats me. I think these events, including that White House Press Corps laughfest they do every year, are stupid. I know that this one raises money for charity, but there are lots of ways to raise money for charity. Have a bake sale instead. Sell chocolate bars like we always had to in Catholic school. But, don’t make presidential candidates come to the Waldorf and beclown themselves. I think this dinner is one of the most bizarre things we do during an election: pause the campaigns and have the candidates do a standup comedy routine. It’s like we ripped a page out of the script of the movie Idiocracy. This thing is even more strange in 2016, now that they are doing this the night after the last presidential debate. Prior to today, I didn’t think this Al Smith Dinner thing could be any stranger…so, shows what I know. I’m going to start keeping quiet about how strange I think something is from now on, since people seem to take that as a dare to be even stranger.
Since it’s you who is reading this, I am going to watch this whole thing — no matter how strange it gets — and take notes on it. But, only because we are friends like that (and have been through so much together already). I will be using CSPAN’s stream on the Internets via the Googles while computering. This will not be a transcript, but my livestream reflections on what happened as it all happened. I will not be going back and fixing typos and all that. This is just me capturing the moment for you, as if I was live-texting it or Tweeting it or whatever, like people do now. I am a really fast typist, thanks to Sister Adelaide’s 7th grade typing class at the Immaculate Conception School…but I am not a court reporter. You wish I was a court reporter, but I am not. Not all your wishes come true, hoss.
[Click above to listen via the YouTubes on the Internets: from The Trammps to the Trumps = what The Donald’s campaign song should be for the next three weeks: Burn, Baby, Burn…Burn the Establishment to the ground and salt the earth so it can never reconstitute.]
With 20 days left in the election, people who never pay much attention to politics will be tuning in now. I imagine even the hapless “undecideds” (the people who must stand there in absolute tears in a corner of Baskin Robbins for hours and hours, never able to pick out anything to stuff into their waffle cones…because if TWO choices are simply TOO MUCH for them, then how in Hell would they manage with 31 flavor-choices?) will be trying extra hard to be less undecided in these next three weeks. Here are ten things I’d love to see Donald Trump do in tomorrow’s Third and Final Presidential Debate that would prove to people that he’s not the typical Republican and that he would be the only political figure in decades who’d actually change corrupt Washington. Hillary is more of the same and preserving the elite status quo; Trump needs to tell people how he’d burn the Establishment to the ground once and for all.
1. Call for the immediate resignation of FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Loretta Lynch and demand that Congress subpoena FBI special agents to determine why a grand jury was not convened to review the FBI’s findings regarding Hillary’s email server. Promise to expose all the corruption at the FBI and the Justice Department and clean house. This means special prosecutors and grand juries and jail time for officials who obstructed justice for political reasons.
2. Encourage the remaining honest people who still work at the FBI (all three dozen of them) to come forward and be whistleblowers and national heroes. Get that ball rolling. Anyone working in the Hoover Building or in field offices who values the oaths they took needs to know that the American people have lost trust in the FBI. This is supposed to be America, not the Soviet Union. The FBI no longer behaves the way an American law enforcement agency is supposed to behave. The FBI has completely lost its honor. That won’t change unless Comey is ousted and held accountable for his corruption. Strip him of his pension and frogmarch him out of the building. Trump should light the match that starts that internal rebellion and gives the push needed for everyone who wants to spill the beans on Comey’s corruption to come forward. That Hoover Building is pretty much the modern equivalent of the Bastille and the anger people feel towards Comey and the FBI’s corruption keeps building, no matter how much the Media wants to ignore that.
3. Talk about the IRS being corrupt and being used as a political weapon by Democrats. Call for the dismantling of the IRS and sweeping reform of our tax system so that an entity like the IRS would not even be needed. Simplify our tax system and eliminate the most odious department of our bureaucracy. Also, talk about other entities that are used by Democrats to push the Left’s agenda and harm America: the EPA, the Education Department, the Department of Energy. All of these entities no longer follow their true stated missions and instead are used as political weapons by Democrats. All of that needs to change because this is not how the American federal government is supposed to work.
4. Hammer home how much voter fraud is going on in this country and how Republicans have been too chicken to ever talk about it. The American people have lost faith in the integrity of our election system and believe that elections are rigged. Talk about how our election system is worse than the Soviet Union or a banana republic in South America. Dead people vote. Non-citizens are voting. People are voting in the names of the elderly. College kids are voting in their home state and also in the state where they go to school. Homeless people and union thugs are bused around town to vote multiple times in the day by Democrat “community organizers.” We need one vote for every citizen of age and one vote only…not as many votes as Democrats can bus people around to cast.
Read the rest of this entry »