This past weekend, Chicago held one of several gay Pride events, a weekend street fair called Pride Fest. (The other two festivals are the Pride Parade — the last weekend of June — and Market Days, which is the first weekend in August.)
* A spontaneous and heartfelt memorial has appeared at the corner of Halsted and Roscoe in the heart of Boystown where people are leaving flowers, candles and hand-drawn pictures and signs to memorialize those who were murdered by Islam in Orlando
* During Pride Fest, several Democrat groups tried pushing gun control in a heavy-handed way, in Rahm Emanuel’s favored “never let a good crisis go to waste” Alinsky Methods playbook. At no time do any of these groups address the fact that Muslims openly hate gays and that they approve of throwing gays off buildings, beheading gay people, and committing other vile acts in the name of their medievalist death cult. And that doesn’t even get into how they mistreat women and the other horrific things that are part of Muslim culture. The Human Rights Campaign and Equality Illinois were both pushing a message of “take guns away so people can’t defend themselves” and were willfully ignoring the fact that if anyone inside that club had been armed that they would have been able to stop that Muslim murderer before he got off a single shot.
* What was great to see is that people seemed to almost completely ignore the Human Rights Campaign’s and Equality Illinois’ booths. The Left may want to co-opt the Orlando massacre for another “take away the Second Amendment” push, but people were not having any of that. There were eye rolls that these groups even tried to push this nonsense again at a time like this.
* Because of political correctness, I doubt you will ever see gay people openly speaking the truth about Islam. They are too afraid of being ganged up on for thoughtcrimes for questioning why Democrats are so hell-bent on importing more Muslim colonists into the West when Muslims bring with them such haltered towards gays and women (and black people too!). For the moment, the Left will continue to play a vicious game where they actively seek to bring more dangerous monsters into our midst…and the people most vulnerable to attack by these monsters have immense peer pressure not to say anything, to just be quiet, and to allow the monsters to come and threaten their peace. It is sad how powerful the politically correct peer pressure is and how afraid people are to speak openly…but gay people are smart enough to read the writing on the wall and in hushed conversations I heard a lot of people speaking the truth about Islam. They see that the problem is not guns…but the problem is that Muslims hate gays and that Islam is not compatible with Western society.
* A lot of people were talking about learning how to shoot and defend themselves and feared what the future will be like with more Muslims targeting gays. It actually wasn’t that long ago that people were scared to go to a gay bar, but back then it was fear of the police raiding the place, cracking skulls, or people being blackmailed or otherwise menaced for going to a gay bar. Just 20 years ago, life was like this. It’s only been in the last decade or so that gay bars were able to open their windows and have prominent signs and big entrances and stop being shady little places down a dark alley with a lone pink lightbulb or pink triangle giving the code that a gay bar was there. The surge of Muslim colonists and the intolerance and hatred that they bring threatens all the progress that gays have made in society. The fear is returning, but this time instead of being afraid of the police cracking skulls after what Islam did in Orlando we now have to be afraid of the next Muslim who decides to attack a gay bar because he hates gay people. This is the “progress” that Democrats have wrought with their big Muslim colonization push.
* Hardly anyone was interested in the 2016 election. There were a few people walking around handing out Hillary stickers and trying to get people to sign up for an email list. I worked the crowds like this back in 2008 for her primary race but almost no one I know from those days is engaged in this race. No one was excited to see Hillary gear for sale (there were the old “Make Bill Clinton First Lady” shirts from 2008, back again). I saw a few “Tuck Frump” shirts and a few other anti-Trump things, but they were really mild compared to the hatred and nastiness ginned up against Mitt Romney and John McCain in the last two elections. I don’t know how the Gay Hate Machine is going to go after Trump because The Donald has been such a friend to gays through the years and his celebrity status from The Apprentice makes it hard to pigeon hole him into the role of “classic Republican villain.”
Democrats have a real challenge on their hand, because if they can’t even get gays revved up into “hate the Republican candidate” mode, I don’t know how they are going to compensate for the tepid reception to Hillary this time around. Especially not when Democrats will also want to try to pretend that Islam isn’t the true evil of our age and now have to spend so much of their energy excusing away what the Muslim mass-murderer just did in Orlando. Normally events like Pride Fest are big Two Minutes Hates (spread over two days) where the gay community gathers to lash out at their perceived political enemies and scream and shout nasty things at Republicans running for office. But this year was different.
There was even a booth at Pride Fest for Mark Kirk, who is a Republican running for Senate! And people were not shouting nasty things at his volunteers and were actually taking the stickers they were offering and wearing them. That would have never happened in the past. So, something has changed and I think more changes are on the way.
© 2016, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone