[Cleveland has a terrific police force of brave and civic-minded men and women who take the protect and serve oath seriously. Best cops in the whole world working hard to make sure RNC goes off without a hitch. THANK YOU to all of them!]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Just for fun, during this presidential election keep track of all the cliches that the Media will use. It’s already started, but I am now keeping track in a little notebook that I will save for the next election as well…so I don’t just have to rely on my memory from 2012 and 2008. I’m hearing the same things that these people always say, because I don’t think the talking heads know anything else to say. They just read the same lines over and over again. Some of the ones I’ve noticed:
* Republicans don’t have a ground game and don’t have ground operations. Do you ever wonder about why they say this every single time? Did they say that in 2000 and 2004 and earlier? I only noticed them doing this for the first time in 2008…and they also did it in the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections. They keep saying that Republicans have no ground game. So, either that’s not true and they just like to say it or Republicans are stupid for not fixing that. What I wonder is if they mean that Republicans don’t give out street money or fund community organizers or entities like ACORN in urban areas that Democrats fund: is this what they mean by ground game? What they call “Get out the vote” efforts in urban areas translates just to thugs coming door to door to threaten people if they don’t vote Democrat. That’s what it’s like here in Chicago. The Alderman have thugs that they use to muscle people. They come around with lists and a special pen that can write in red or blue. The thugs demand to know who you are voting for and if you answer wrong you get an indelible mark, which means if you ever need anything from the Alderman you are screwed. Your street will be the last plowed in winter. Your garbage won’t be picked up. No one in your family will ever get a city job. Etc. Is this kind of thuggery the “ground game” that the Media always says Republicans don’t have?
* America has been transformed demographically and Republicans can never win another election. James Carville likes to say this, but is this true? If so, why bother having any more elections if Democrats can’t lose. But, Democrats lost big in 2010 and 2014. Democrats won in 2008 and 2012 because both John McCain and Mitt Romney wimped out and gave up at the end. Donald Trump sure doesn’t seem like someone who is going to wimp out and give up. The other thing that interests me is the fact that while Democrats have succeeded in importing a great number of Third World colonists whom Democrats count on always voting Democrat, these different identity blocs do not assimilate when they get here and they instead form their own little colonies. This will ultimately Balkanize our country, resulting in a Tribal War of some kind. Hispanics do not have the white guilt that blacks count on to get whatever they want from white people. The tension between blacks and Hispanics will keep growing as Spanish-speaking colonists keep taking jobs that used to go to blacks in urban areas. At some point, why would blacks keep voting Democrat if Democrats are the party of bringing in more Spanish-speakers? At some point, the tension between blacks and Hispanics will result in blacks and Hispanics having to be on opposite sides of the political aisle. Gays will not want to be on the opposite side of blacks because gays like feeling special and value-sharing by saying they support and stand with blacks. So many interesting things are in store for Democrats with these “transformative” demographic changes that Ted Kennedy set in motion in 1965. None of this is going to work out for them the way that they think it will, simply because of the fact that blacks and Hispanics have to compete for jobs and benefits in urban areas and there can be no harmony as tribalism ramps up between these two groups. The Media harps about white people becoming a minority and being irrelevant…but we are a country that is dictated at the moment by the Spanish-speaking minority (with blacks shunted to the side). The Media assumes that since black people hate white people (due to Hollywood constantly pumping out grievance and victim mongering movies to brainwash black people into believing they have to always hate white people) that blacks will naturally team up with Hispanics…but Central and South American cultures despise blacks. All of these Third World colonists being brought in by the Left have an ingrained hatred of black people…which is a bill that will come due for Democrats in the near future. If all the Media prognostication is true and Hispanics take over the country and America becomes a Latino nation in the future, that’s going to be a very bad world for black people. They will not only lose jobs and benefits…but in that new tribal world they will not be able to use guilt over Hispanics to get what they want the way they do with white people. If white people are indeed destined to go extinct due to suicidal altruism and politically correct foolishness, then white people’s replacement by Spanish-speakers from the Third World is a real doomsday scenario for blacks. How long can the Democrat party survive with that kind of internal conflict? It’s Democrats that are the party that will collapse within our lifetime, not Republicans. At some point, a party just for Spanish-speakers will emerge that will split Democrats in two…leaving only blacks, gays, and other niche identity blocs with Democrats. But the Muslims that the Democrats aggressively import as colonists will continue to attack and kill gays, which at some point could make gays stop supporting Democrats as well (once gays see that the people who really want them dead are not Christians but are instead Muslims). You could go on all day with this identity-bloc conflict stuff and see that on so many levels the coalition that make up the Democrat party are the most volatile. Republicans have in their ranks people who want freedom from big government and who love America. I think Trump will go a long way towards getting more people than ever before in history to see that the Republican party has something to offer them while Democrats are just about identity politics and divisive special interests.
* Hillary Clinton can’t lose and Donald Trump can’t win. The logic on this one is that because McCain lost in 2008 and Romney lost in 2012 that Trump must lose in 2016. What they forget to mention is that back in 2008 one of the arguments that the Media used to push Obama over Hillary was that the Media claimed that Hillary could not win the general election, but Obama could because people wanted to make history with the first black president. Well, all that history was made and is now history…and Americans are not excited and have never been excited about the first female president. That’s something that we could never overcome back in 2008 the first time that Hillary ran and her campaign (which I think is poorly run) didn’t figure out a way to address here in 2016. Women hate other women for the most part and somehow between 2008 and the present Hillary managed to get a lot of gay guys to openly hate her and pine for Bernie Sanders. I’m not sure how the heck that happened. I have never met many straight men who are into Hillary, even those who claim to be dyed in the wool Democrats. People do not like how many lies she tells and they are very upset over the FBI non-indictment and entitlement. It’s all so much worse than in 2008, when people then were only mad that she didn’t divorce Bill. Now they are angry with her for reasons that actually have legitimate bearing on her competence and character as a leader. They no longer hate her for things her husband did but now hate her for things that she herself did. That’s a huge change. As for Trump, we finally have a presidential candidate who is giving America the Bullworth moment that the country has long craved. They will finally get the chance to vote for a Republican ticket that offers a clear contrast to Democrats. And they have the chance to vote for someone with testosterone and optimism and zeal for life, instead of the anemic Wonder Bread and mayonnaise likes of John McLame and Mittens Romney. Americans are a kickass people who are bold and love giving an F-U to people who deserve it. Why on earth would they not vote for Trump, no matter what they tell pollsters?
2. I think pundits like David Frum should be ashamed of themselves with how they are behaving in Cleveland. Last night, I saw Frum complaining that he didn’t like the welcome that Cleveland put on for conventioneers. He didn’t think it was fancy or grande enough for his liking. When Frum stepped off the airplane in Cleveland, he wanted to be Elizabeth Taylor entering Rome in Cleopatra. He didn’t think the welcome signs were big enough or that Clevelanders didn’t drop to their knees and kiss his feet when he arrived. I think this is such shameful behavior. Contrast that with the wonderful coverage that Greta van Susteren is giving from Cleveland…where she is grateful for the show that the city is putting on. A city that Greta knows does not have a lot of money; a city that is NOT Chicago or New York or Boston or other places that have deep pockets and all sorts of fancy things. Coming to Cleveland for the convention is like going to dinner at your elderly aunt’s house who is on a fixed income. You cannot expect filet mignon in cognac sauce with lobster and caviar appetizers and fresh cut flowers waiting for you at the door to welcome you. Your elderly aunt can’t afford that on her social security. Don’t be an ass like David Frum. Be a good guest. Be grateful like Greta is. Appreciate Cleveland for what it is and how hard Clevelanders worked for many years to welcome you with open arms. I really think David Frum is despicable for how he’s behaving. I hope you agree and shame him for it. He deserves it.
3. I really am so proud of all Cleveland accomplished in getting ready for the Convention. The visuals are stunning to me. It’s pure joy to see all the buildings I grew up with polished and sparkling. Our Public Square has never looked so great…completely rebuilt and redesigned for the RNC. Every shot is picture-postcard worthy. The Cleveland Police have been spectacular, being assertive and common-sense practical and at the same time respecting the public and its civil rights. I will never have children so I won’t ever know what a sense of pride is like that and I’m not a sportsball fan so I don’t know what it’s like when a team I root for wins a big game…but I am loving every second of the pride I feel seeing Cleveland in the spotlight. Though I will never live there again as my life has taken me further away, I love being from Cleveland. I love that Cleveland is home. Yesterday, I was at an event here in Chicago and someone asked me where I was from and I said Cleveland and his eyes lit up and he said, “That’s quite a town. Big week for you guys. You’re hitting a home run so far.” My heart soared at that. Cleveland is wowing just about everyone besides the odious David Frum. I am so proud of Clevelanders. They worked incredibly hard for this week to happen. For Cleveland, this is the biggest event they will ever produce…and they are doing a better job than Rio will do with the Olympics. I never even knew there was such a thing as happy tears, but seeing shots of Cleveland in the news for the Conventions makes me tear up. I feel like that woman at the end of Officer & A Gentleman who shouts, “Way to go, Paula! Way to go!” because she can’t help herself…as Debra Winger and Richard Gere have their show-stopping and hard-earned moment in the spotlight. Way to go, Cleveland. Way to go!
What else is on your mind today?
See What: the new Ghostbusters movie, in theaters 7/15/16
Say Why: worth your valuable time
Ticket price in Chicago: $11.25 at AMC River 21 downtown (worth seeing in theater)
Would I see it again: YES…and would pay to see it in a theater again. Justin and I will actually probably go see it in the theater that is a restaurant too, where you can order dinner and there are waiters to bring you food during the movie. We almost never go to that place because it’s so expensive…but Ghostbusters would be fun to see there for a treat.
Not sure if you’ve heard, but there’s a new Ghostbusters movie out that upset all kinds of people for some reason that makes little sense to me. And then Sony, the studio that made the movie, listened to some terrible PR advice and came out swinging at the people who were upset for no reason…accusing them of being sexist (which is such Alinsky foolishness, second only to false cries of RAYCISS! whenever the Left wants to take irrational punches at someone). It became a big, unfortunate, ugly mess that captivated the Interwebs for a while. Lots of click-bait articles were vomited out by monkeys pounding keyboards either shouting SEXISM! or YOU DESTROYED MY CHILDHOOD! or some other such nonsense. It all made as much sense to me as #NeverTrump.
Personally, I can’t get enough fun movies about ghosts. Spooky comedies are something that I love…not horror comedies, but spooky comedies. I love supernatural movies with ghosts in them (like the original Ghostbusters movies) and movies that are fun to watch around Halloween, such as the Goosebumps movie that came out last year. I wish the spooky comedy genre was something that Hollywood did more of or that we lived in a parallel dimension where it was the only kind of movie ever made. I would love a Hallmark Halloween channel of endless movies like this, where no blood is spilled and the supernatural elements are fun, funny, and also scary from time to time. It’s fun to spend most of the movie laughing, intrigued by the supernatural presence, and then jumping in your seat from time to time. These are really great date movies with the right guy, because you get to comfort him when he is scared but also laugh and enjoy yourself instead of being grossed out by horror. If I wanted to see blood and gore, I would have gone to med school…or moved to Detroit.
Below the “MORE” thing you have to click, I will discuss what I thought of the new Ghostbusters movie, so if you don’t want those spoilers, then stop reading and bookmark for later. I loved the movie but don’t think it was perfect. I give it an A- and think it could have easily been an A+ if they had used practical effects instead of generic video-game quality CGI…but let’s get real and admit that particular pixelated ship has sailed and every movie made now and forever will always look like a video game because people in Hollywood think CGI is fantastic. Maybe we all live inside a video game now and just don’t realize it (which would explain a lot).
Read the rest of this entry »
COUP IN CHICAGO SUBURBS: Police Chief Tim McCarthy Takes Over Village, Declares Himself Village Manager
[Click above to embiggen: Orland Park Police Chief Timothy J. McCarthy is written about extensively in our book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Declared on the First Amendment due to his use of police harassment to silence criticism and chill participation in local government.]
A police chief with a sorry history of using police resources to harass the public and abridge First Amendment rights has now declared himself to be the new Village Manager in what feels like a coup in the affluent Chicago suburb of Orland Park. By all accounts, this is an unprecedented move, as I can find no other public entity in Illinois where a police chief simultaneously held that post and also took over as Village Manager. Since the Village Manager is supposed to oversee the police chief, this means that McCarthy has declared that he will now be overseeing himself. This feels like tyranny.
By very definition, this means that the people of Orland Park now live in a POLICE STATE, since the person who controls the police force is now the person who controls all local government. This is very un-American and very concerning. No police chief should operate without civilian oversight, especially not a police chief with a documented history of abusing the public.
Timothy J. McCarthy is featured prominently in our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. For several years, McCarthy signed off on a pattern and practice of the Orland Park Police Department harassing Megan Fox and myself as we investigated the Orland Park Public Library for sex crimes that were covered up by library staff in the building and for spending abuses (which included library employees using taxpayer funds to shop at a jewelry store and to treat library board members to $500 steak dinners, seemingly to ensure the trustees always signed off on whatever the public employees wanted).
Because McCarthy is a nationally-known celebrity (he is famous for being the Secret Service agent who was shot in the line of duty in 1981, during the attempt on President Ronald Reagan’s life) he is allowed to do whatever he wants in Illinois. No rules apply to him. If he wants to harass you, dispatch the police officers who work under him to harass you, have the police call you at home to harass you, or bully and threaten you to scare you off exercising your First Amendment rights by passing out political flyers door to door, he will do it and get away with it…because he is Timothy J. McCarthy, the man who took a bullet for Reagan back in 1981. McCarthy is the only police chief in Illinois that I know of who holds autograph signing events; he routinely gives speeches around Orland Park and Illinois talking about Reagan, where people swoon and laud him for taking that bullet in 1981. The consequence of that is clearly that here in 2016 McCarthy is never allowed to be questioned or criticized. Don’t you know who he is? He took a bullet for Reagan! How dare you question him! He can do whatever the hell he wants!
As we wrote in our book, this is how liberty is lost and tyrants are born. Everyone in the world should be grateful for what a Young McCarthy did back in 1981. He was brave. He was shot in the line of duty. He was an excellent Secret Service officer.
But that does not mean this man makes a good police chief…or DICTATOR, which is the only word I can think of for a police chief also being the village manager. When the police take over the government and the police chief becomes the highest authority in a locality, then the local entity is no longer democratically governed. That locality becomes a POLICE STATE…and in this case, it becomes a locality that is run by someone who is never allowed to be questioned or criticized because of who he is as a celebrity.
The Orland Park Police Department violated the law repeatedly and Megan and I had to sue them in chancery court; the police settled for $12,000 and had to produce documents they were hiding that they wanted to keep from us while we were investigating the library. Chief McCarthy was behind all of this. Additionally, important audio that the police had in their possession was mysteriously deleted, so we could not hear what one police officer was saying while speaking with the husband of a library employee as he and the officer were conspiring to take away our First Amendment right to pass out flyers critical of the library’s abusive spending and policy of covering up sex crimes that occurred in the building. We wrote about all of this in our book.
Last year, because of his celebrity status, McCarthy was the first police chief in Illinois to be given a drone to use against the public. Orland Park is a small suburb in southwestern Chicagoland. There appears to be no legitimate reason for Timothy J. McCarthy to have a drone to fly around people’s homes. But, he wanted one. He asked the FAA for one. And because in 1981 he was the Secret Service agent who took a bullet for Reagan, he was given one. Whatever McCarthy wants, McCarthy gets. Don’t you know who he is?
Now, not content with just being in control of his police force and his drone, McCarthy wanted to control the whole town…so he’s the new Village Manager as well as being Police Chief.
Are you okay with this?
Shouldn’t the Village Manager and Police Chief be two separate positions, so that the Village Manager can have oversight over the Police Chief? Local government in America is not supposed to be structured so that the police chief is the most powerful person in the town.
Megan Fox and I witnessed Timothy J. McCarthy and his police officers doing some pretty terrible things over the years, but I never thought he would do something this outrageous. It’s shocking that McCarthy made this power play.
Will the people of Orland Park allow this to stand and allow themselves to be ruled by the head of a police state?
For some reason that vexes me, Donald Trump today officially chose a jar of mayonnaise to be his Vice President. At 40, I know there are things in life that will forever remain a mystery to me and also things that perhaps with some thought I can suss out and understand. It will take a lot of sussing for me to figure out why Trump thought mayonnaise was a good VP pick when there were some really kickass choices available that Trump passed over for Miracle Whip.
1. Trump knew he didn’t need excitement since Trump brings all the excitement possible. McCain needed excited for his lifeless campaign, so he engaged in the super-secret-early-morning reveal of Governor Palin as his VP in 2008 (remember her flight from Alaska, and decoy flights, and all that getting her to Dayton for the big surprise reveal?). Romney was dull-as-dirt in 2012 as well, and for some reason he thought Paul Ryan was exciting, maybe because he was youthful and worked out or whatever. So the lesson is that if you are a boring person, you find someone more exciting for your VP. If you are a once-in-a-generation exciting candidate, you pick someone dull and flavorless and as white as possible as your VP. This worked for Obama when he picked Biden and kept him on in 2012. So, Mike Pence is essentially Trump’s Biden.
2. Hillary Clinton sent out a crazy tweet not long after Trump picked Pence officially. I think this looked desperate on her part. Here, she’s trying to paint mayonnaise as some kind of radical thing. Was this Trump’s genius that I don’t understand? Did he know that whoever he picked the Left would try to paint as some kind of crazed radical villain, like they always do…so he picked the whitest, most boring, meekest Midwesterner he could find? Was that the strategy here…to pick someone whom the Left would obsess over villainizing, but because the guy is totally not a villain they would just waste their energy and look dumb?
3. Is this some kind of trap to trick Hillary into picking a super crazy person who will be a disaster as her VP? If I had to bet, I think that this might be the most likely facet of all this that is not obvious to me right now. Trump has great gut instincts. He’s also proven that he can bait both Hillary and Bill and make them look foolish. Trump just baited and got the better of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and, effectively, completely destroyed her reputation and career in about two days. Trump is really great at psyching people out and messing with them. Is Mike Pence some kind of bait?
My logic on this would be: Trump picks this walking, talking jar of mayonnaise as his VP…and Hillary then feels pressure to go to with something spicy. Maybe with that Julian Castro guy who looks like a lizard, because he speaks some Spanish and for some reason everyone decided that our country has to be completely beholden to Spanish-speakers now. Or, maybe this is a trap to force Hillary to acquiesce to the Left’s demands and take odious Elizabeth Warren as her VP (which Hillary would hate with a passion)? Two white guys would pressure Hillary to respond with two women, especially since Pence looks like he could be a younger version of John McCain (and Democrats are mostly so dumb they would think it was McCain running again). Trump/Miracle Whip could cause Hillary to bring aboard Warren, to have Girl Power versus Trump/Stereotypical Generic Republican. Maybe this is all a trap to empower the people in Hillary’s camp who want Warren or the Castro-Lizard-Creature as VP.
I’m not happy with Trump’s pick. I think Allen West would have made a phenomenal VP, like from an action movie. In light of the fact that Islam struck the West yet again and is likely to attack Berlin or somewhere else soon, I wish Trump had a strong, formidable, testosterone-fueled VP like Allen West. Someone who could be set up to run for president in the future, as West presidency would be pure awesome.
But, now that Trump has made his pick it’s time to pivot and believe that there was some genius in it that Trump saw that we don’t understand. Hillary going nuts so fast over Twitter with that craziness seems to show that maybe Trump is onto something.
But the real test will be to see who Hillary ends up going with now. Odds are, Trump just set something in motion. He’s playing chess. Miracle Whip was a means to an end. He sacrificed picking someone bold and interesting because he has a strategy, and I bet that strategic move was made to trip Hillary up and influence her own VP choice. Maybe this means it’s more likely she picks either the Lizard or Fauxcahontas…either of which will be disastrous for her.
Politics is a series of seemingly never-ending disappointments and what-could-have-beens or should-have-beens. It’s Trump/Pence now. They have the worst logo in the history of political logos. We now have to look at someone who looks too much like John McCain for me to handle. But, Trump got this far by trusting his gut and doing what he wants…and there is no reason to believe that will stop working for him all of a sudden.
I trust this man to go up against Islam and to decimate our politically correct wimpy culture. If he wants a jar of room temperature mayonnaise sitting next to him, then so be it.
We all know Ivanka will be his real shadow VP or Chief of Staff anyway. Which is a good thing.
[Click above to embiggen: the disgusting “truck attack” headlines that the deceitful Media wrote instead of honestly telling people that yet another Muslim went on a murder spree and killed a bunch of Westerners.]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Screengrab and save how Media is reporting on Islam’s latest attack on the West. Look at how almost every media outlet is writing their stories as if the truck sprang to life (like in a Stephen King story) and went on a rampage on its own, with no Muslim driving it. “The truck attacked Nice, France!” No…what had happened was yet another Muslim went on a murder spree in service of his deranged, medievalist death cult and now the Media is trying inventive new ways to hide this information from headlines. The other day when people saw that what Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was crossing a line and entering new territory in terms of misconduct by a SCOTUS member, today really is a line in the sand that the Media has crossed when it comes to intellectual dishonesty. They clearly like to the public. There is no clearer proof than the Media saying “truck crash kills 80 in France,” as if this was a highway accident and not a Muslim deliberately plowing a large vehicle through a crowd of Western families with the intent to murder as many of them as he could. Muslims are monsters, but the Media wants to pretend this isn’t true and bends over backwards to hide the evil things that the monsters do. Imagine if this was a shark attack that killed 80 or more people…but the Media instead wrote headlines that said, “80 people die in ocean.” Is that really what happened? If you read an obituary of someone you know died from cancer, but the obituary said that the person “didn’t wake up one day,” would that be true? Is it permissible for the Media to alter reality in such gross and strange ways? We are into truly George Orwell territory now: this is like Baghdad Bob in Iraq blatantly lying on tee-vee that no US troops were in Iraq (when American tanks were literally rolling right behind him). This is Pravda territory from the old Soviet Union. When a Muslim rams a truck into a crowd and commits vehicular jihad but the Media chooses to run cover for Islam by writing that “people died in a truck crash,” it is like reviewing the movie JAWS but choosing to describe it as a film about people who mysteriously died in the ocean one summer…but no one knows how or why. This is a new low for our corrupt and despicable media. All of these people writing those “truck crash” headlines should be jobless.
2. I’m still profoundly disappointed in Trump allegedly picking Mayonnaise-in-a-Suit Mike Pence to be his VP. I really hope he is reconsidering and does something brash today and tells Pence he’s changed his mind. We are clearly in a war that Islam has declared on the West. Mike Pence has made statements supportive of Muslim colonization efforts. He’s the wrong man for Trump to choose to stand with him on the ticket. Trump needs someone strong and tough, not meek and mousy. A pale, white-haired, John McCain clone is a bad choice, especially one who wants to continue Paul Ryan’s unrestricted importation of Muslim colonists to our shores. I don’t know who got to Trump or what the Cocktail Party did to neuter him, but I’m sick about it. I keep hoping that Mike Pence is just a red herring and a brilliant fake out. It will be heartbreaking if Trump screws the country over by teaming up with such a meek little wimp like Pence. We need Rambo right now. With Pence, we get Bea Arthur. Trump must do better.
3. It’s weird seeing all the Media attention on Cleveland right now. That’s my hometown, though I haven’t lived there in many years. Some of you have asked me for restaurant recommendations and things to do in Cleveland during the RNC convention…but the last time I spent much time in Cleveland was over 10 years ago at this point. There are some places that I loved that are still around and are still excellent, so for those of you who are interested, here are my picks for great food and entertainment that Cleveland has to offer during the convention:
* Mallorca = this is a Spanish Mediterranean restaurant in Cleveland’s Warehouse District. Get the chorizo appetizer and the garlic pork chops for an entree. For dessert, they used to have different sorbets served in carved out fruit (orange sorbet in a hollow orange, pineapple in a carved out pineapple, etc.). Portions are generous and the staff are charming.
* Hyde Park Steak House = In the Tower City complex right on Public Square; restaurant is in an old bank. Great steaks. Garlic mashed potatoes. Bavarian pretzel rolls. It’s a wonderful place.
* Sterle’s Country House = This is a Slovenian restaurant on East 55th, so a drive from downtown. Since Melania Trump is from Slovenia, this is a fun thematic thing to try. Slovenian food is similar to Austrian/German food. Schnitzel. Breaded chicken and pork. Sausages. Things like that. Inside there are gorgeous paintings of Slovenian country scenes. It’s unique. There’s nothing like it in Chicago or anywhere else that I have ever been.
* Hofbrau House = This is a chain, with a Hofbrau House in various cities so it’s not as unique as Sterle’s. But they did a wonderful job building this place. Beer, German food, lots of good times to be had.
* Good Time III and Nautica Queen = These are boats on which you can take a cruise of Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River. The Good Time III is a river cruise with some time on the lake; the Nautica is a dinner/lunch cruise on the lake. I used to love doing these cruises when I lived in Cleveland. It’s very pretty out on the water.
* Rock and Roll Hall of Fame = I don’t know what to say about this place. It’s there. Cleveland worked hard to win the rights to it. But all these years after they built it I still don’t see the point to it. It’s a really interested building that looks like it’s a record player built on the water. But inside the exhibits look like they took department store mannequins and put rock star those on them. I suppose you can’t go to Cleveland without seeing this the way that you can’t come to Chicago without going to the Sears/Willis Tower…but it’s EXPENSIVE to get inside this place. I think it should be $10 for what they have to offer, but instead they charge almost $25. I think that’s a ripoff. If I was you, I would just go into the lobby, take some pictures, take pictures outside, and then have a picnic in the cute little Voinovich Park that’s there.
* Cleveland Metroparks Zoo = It’s a short drive from the city and a zoo that is worth seeing just for the new elephants exhibit. You’ve never seen anything like this. Even Disney doesn’t have anything this nice at Animal Kingdom. They have a whole African village recreated, where elephants move from one side to the other in a migration throughout the day. They also have a gorgeous North American exhibit with wolves and other woodland creatures, setup to look like you are in an old frontier cabin. There is a big rainforest building too that is pretty spectacular. Instead of going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I think the zoo in Cleveland is much more fun.
* Cleveland Museum of Art = We have a fantastic Art Museum in Cleveland. Even though I haven’t lived there in years, I still say “we” because I have such an affinity for this place. I spent so much time there as a kid. I think it’s better than the Art Institute in Chicago.
* Garfield’s Tomb = President Garfield is entombed in Cleveland. He has an impressive tower-like mausoleum in Lake View Cemetery near Cleveland’s Little Italy. If you climb the tower, there is an incredible view of downtown. Then you could go have lunch in one of the restaurants in Little Italy. There, you will find 24-hour bakeries where you can get hot cherry donuts any time you want. I miss those.
* The Cleveland Public Library on Superior = If you have an hour or two to kill, you should go into the Cleveland Public Library right on Superior Avenue. It’s right in the heart of where everything convention related is happening. It’s a gorgeous palace of a library with murals everywhere and a reading garden designed by Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Wall in DC). Inside the library, on the second or third floor, there is a hidden room of treasures: suits of armor, rare books, other curios. Another floor has a giant globe. It’s an impressive place with lots of art, frescoes, sculptures, etc. I think it’s a nice place to spend some hours just enjoying being in Cleveland. I wrote about this very library in my book with Megan Fox, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment (though I used it as an example of a GOOD library, not one where bad things were happening like in Orland Park, Illinois).
* The Lobby Lounge bar at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel = If you want to spot anyone famous, your best chance will be in the bar at the Ritz-Carlton. They often have either a harpist or a piano player playing. They serve all sorts of fun martinis and have a nice selection of food too. There are few fancy hotels in Cleveland. It’s pretty much the Ritz. So anyone important will be staying at the Ritz. If you want to bump into someone famous in town for the convention, your best chance will be in the Lobby Lounge at the Ritz because they will no doubt be hanging out there after the convention events.
Since I moved away, Cleveland constructed a casino but I’ve never been inside. So much has changed since I was last back home. If anyone wants more specifics on fun ideas, please ask in comments…but with all the convention events I can’t imagine you will have much sightseeing or free time. Cleveland has a gorgeous public square downtown laid out on a grid system. It’s easy to get around. Hard to get lost. The concierge at every hotel will be nice and knowledgeable. Clevelanders have been waiting years to be in the spotlight so they will help you and show you where to have a good time and will take good care of you. They will be proud to show off their city to you and welcome you to town. Just don’t expect the amenities of Chicago or New York. Cleveland is its own thing: a small town with skyscrapers that used to be a big city until Democrats ruined it, but is hanging on by the skin of its teeth and wants to impress you.
That’s how you should see it. Remember that Cleveland is a place that Jay Leno and David Letterman used to make fun of nonstop, though I never understood why. I love my home town and always will. I hope you love it too while you are there for the convention (or watching on the tee-vee).
What else is on your mind today?
A brilliant new book tackles Islamic colonization of the West in the way that George Orwell’s Animal Farm allegorized the looming threat of communist infiltration and conquest of Europe back in its day. The book DOMINO by Kia Heavey (available on Amazon in both paperback and Kindle) continues Orwell’s trope of ostensibly setting a fantasy tale on a farm with talking animals…but the book actually teaches political lessons while using these animal characters.
In Domino, Heavey invents a world contained on a small farm, where the animals have a happy existence until a charismatic critter comes to town and starts preaching a new gospel of multiculturalism and acceptance and tolerance of newcomers. This is the same doctrine of suicidal altruism that has been infecting the West for decades, where Westerners are taught that their native countries should cease to exist, borders should be erased, and the cultures of the Third World should be aggressively imported in the name of multi-culti DIVERSITY. Every Western nation is now supposed to be like EPCOT center at Walt Disney World, with little colonies established by Third Worlders to push out and replace demographically the European nationalities that existed (or still exist) there.
When people move from one place to another and refuse to assimilate to the new culture and become part of a melting pot, they are not immigrants but they are instead colonists. It is foolish to ever call these people “refugees” or “migrants” when they are in fact colonists. What is happening to the West right now is an aggressive period of colonization, where the developed countries of the world are allowing themselves to be colonized by dysfunctional Third World cultures that intend to usurp and supplant the Western societies that have always existed in these lands. Idiots in the West feel good about themselves for being enlightened enough to throw open the gates and invite these colonists in, not being intelligent enough to realize that once the colonists numerically outnumber the natives that the colonists will take over and eradicate the natives. Countries like Sweden, France, and the Netherlands will no doubt be the first to go. Muslims in particular do not intend to ever assimilate or give up their dysfunctional, medieval ways and join the 21st Century already in progress. They intend instead to plant their flags, build their mosques, breed, and bit by bit takeover the territories surrounding their colonies.
In Heavey’s book, a farm is overrun by colonizing rats. The cats and other farm animals who have called the farm home for generations are taught by their betters that it is good to allow the rats to come in and take over, because resisting the rats’ colonization would be bad. It is much more polite and it proves how enlightened someone is if they just allow the rats to come in and take over and do whatever the rats want. It is good that the rats will eat all the food. It is good that the rats demand that everyone now do what the rats say and live how the rats want to live. It is good that everything is upended and destroyed and dismantled with the arrival of the rats. Anyone resisting the rats is bad and is guilty of thoughtcrimes.
Transplanting this madness onto a farm setting is the perfect way to distill just how insane suicidal altruism really is. Every Westerner should have to read Domino. The Left makes it a thoughtcrime (Islamophobia!) to speak the truth about what Muslim colonization is doing to Europe. The media willfully ignores how Muslims have effectively taken over large swaths of major European cities and turned them into no-go zones. Whole regions of Sweden and France are hellholes now, much like what the rats in Domino did to what used to be an idyllic and halcyon farm. The rats contribute nothing culturally. They do no work. They make no advances for society. The rats are instead a retrograde and regressive force: they are harbingers of chaos, destruction, starvation, depletion, and ruin.
Domino’s titular protagonist is a brave farm cat who has enough of the suicidal altruism insanity and puts his foot (or should I say, paw) down. He rallies his fellow farm natives against the colonization effort and shows more bravery and fortitude than any of the embarrassing fops in European politics. This brave little cat has the courage of a lion…and in the face of his truth-telling, the rats and their enablers have little chance.
The Left is very adroit at its messaging and has succeeded in keeping many Westerners quiet about the Islamic colonization effort because the media paints anyone speaking the truth about Islam as an Islamophobe. Also, Muslims have frightened Westerners who speak the truth, with Muslim attacks on journalists, cartoonists, and pundits who call out Islam’s colonization efforts.
After Islam attacked a gay bar in Orlando, Florida this summer I, as a gay man myself, decided it’s time to be as brave as the cat in Domino. If Western culture and Western way of life is worth anything, it should be preserved and the colonization of the West by Islam and others in the Third World should be stopped. The first step towards stopping it and undoing the damage already done is to be brave enough to talk openly about what is happening. We can no longer be afraid that Muslims will kill everyone who speaks out. The media aggressively works to downplay events every time Islam kills Westerners. You will never see any gay publications or groups like the Human Rights Campaign ever speak out against Islam’s continued murdering of gay men worldwide. As a gay man, I am horrified by the fact that the people who claim to support gay rights in the US or even in Russia (and wanted to boycott Russia two years ago over LGBTQAI issues) remain silent when it comes to Islam’s barbaric beheadings, stonings, and murder-by-tossing-gay-men-off-buildings. That last one is so horrific there isn’t even a word in English for that. I’m sure there’s at least one in Arabic though (and likely more than that, like the multitudinous Eskimo words for “snow”).
One quiet way you can help undermine the Left’s media embargo on the truth about Islam is to read Domino and start passing it around to all your friends. Tweet about it. Ask your local library to carry the book. Get it into the hands of high school and college students. Start making them think about whether or not Western nations and Western cultures have a right to exist and endure (like the happy farm animals before the rats started colonizing) or if Western society needs to submit and succumb to Islamic colonization and domination via multiculturalism and demographic jihad.
If Islam conquers the world, as a gay man I know I will be a dead man. Which means if I say nothing as this colonization keeps happening, then I will be a dead man. Orlando proved that as a gay man if I ignore what’s happening with Islam’s conquest of the West that I could go out to a bar one night and be a dead man.
Domino gave me the courage to speak out (and risk being a dead man for doing so). I hope you read it and find your own courage too…because the West needs to speak out against the invading rats and their colonization in as loud of a voice as possible.
[Hoping that this isn’t true and it’s all a practical joke or something. I can’t think of a worse VP for Trump. What did they do to Trump and who got to him to force Pence to be the VP? Shaking my head.]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Trying to wrap my head around the notion that Donald Trump has somehow been bullied or forced to take mayonnaise-in-a-suit Mike Pence as his VP. As I understand it, Pence was manufactured in the same factory that produced John McCain, Mitt Romney, Jon Huntsman, John Thune, and other dull-as-dirt establishment types like that. Donald Trump picking Mike Pence as his VP is like Rodney Dangerfield co-starring with Jessica Tandy in a buddy picture. Maybe some of you would like that, but I don’t know how a marriage like that would work. Rodney needs to be Rodney…and people like Rodney for being Rodney. Jessica Tandy had her own thing, which people liked or didn’t like…but no one ever stood in line for hours or beat down the door to see Fried Green Tomatoes (which I happened to enjoy). Rodney Dangerfield walked into a room and the whole room stopped, even people who thought he was crass and obnoxious and loud. He was an American institution. He was larger than life. He was Trump. The fact that I can so easily liken Mike Pence to an octogenarian actress best known for sitting quietly in the back of a car or demurely eating tomatoes illustrates how odd a pairing this is.
2. Is the Mike Pence as VP thing just an elaborate practical joke? That’s seriously the hope I am clinging to this afternoon as I type this. My stomach feels sick and deflated. I feel like being a kid and looking forward to Christmas, only a few days before I find the presents hidden in the closet and it’s not any of the things from the Sears catalog that I had been pining for. I wanted the big Thundercats Cats-Lair play set with laser-cannon and trapdoor and action sounds…and instead I’m getting Smurfs Colorforms and maybe an Etch-a-Sketch. I had always expected Donald Trump to pick someone blow-the-doors-off-the-hinges AMAZING as VP…but according to Matt Drudge, Trump is saying F-U to everyone and giving us Colorform cut-out Mike Pence instead. I guess it could be worse. But, I still hold-out hope that Trump is like my parents back in the 1980s…where they were sneaky and did the best president of all someplace ingenious that I could never find…so that on Christmas morning I was surprised with something better than I ever imagined, after the fake-out of the other stuff. Is Trump that bold and creative? Is he really just faking us all out today with this dull-as-dirt Mike Pence VP tease…only to set the stage for massive mind-blowing tomorrow! Boy do I hope so. If not, then someone has gotten to Trump and has told him to stop being Trump and start being Mitt Romney and/or John McCain and/or Bob Dole and that it is time for him to stop winning and start doing meek and mousy things to lose to the Democrat because that’s what George Soros or whoever wants and the Chamber of Commerce agrees. I just hate that thought.
3. Yesterday I spotted the first groups of people around Chicago lost in space and playing that #PokemonGO. They were wandering around at night in parts of town where I don’t especially think it is safe to be out at night unless you are paying attention. My boyfriend Justin was once almost mugged when he was listening to music on his phone at this intersection near us. When he was waiting for the light to change, a thug on a bike road by and tried snatching Justin’s phone; he only saved it because the earphones’ cord kept the thief (a “youth” of course, targeting gay men for robbing) from yoinking it. Justin then had to run away before he got a beating (for being audacious enough not to let the “youth” take what he wanted from a white guy in Chicago). At this same intersection, I saw gay guys wandering around looking for Pokemon characters, absorbed into little worlds on their phones. SO MANY MUGGINGS are going to happen in Chicago because of this game. It’s encouraging people to go places that are not safe late at night and to not pay any attention when they are out and about. This is the dumbest thing ever. But it is taking the city by STORM and is the most popular thing I’ve seen come along in a great while. It is a full-on fad now. People are already obsessed. Just watch for creative criminals to start luring idiots to their deaths using this game.
What else is on your minds today?
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Drudge Report is really pushing hard for Mike Pence to be Trump’s VP. Today there was also a report on Twitter that Trump is at Pence’s home in Indiana today. I’ve always thought that Mike Pence looked too much like John McCain for me to ever want to deal with. He could be McCain’s son. He also looks like Blake Carrington from Dynasty, which you would think would win him points in my book since I’m gay and, hello, DYNASTY. I’ve never liked Mike Pence though. I’m sure he’s a lovely man…but he’s too straight out of central casting for “generic Republican,” like you’d see in any bad movie or tee-vee show. I’ve wanting Trump to pick a black woman or black man for his VP because I believe that will drive the Left bonkers…and would give blacks (who shamelessly color-vote based on the skin of a candidate running for office) a reason to vote Republican for the first time in their lives. Mia Love or Allen West would have been my top VP picks for Trump. But, thinking about Pence and his generic Republican-ness…maybe he does add something to a Trump ticket. Trump himself brings lots of color and energy and he’s driving the Left bonkers all on his own. He clearly does not need the classic “attack dog” VP because Trump relishes delivering his own scathing attacks and is no shrinking violet. Maybe it’s smart to pair him with someone like Pence, who people have a hard time saying anything bad about. I’ve never liked Pence and all I can say bad about him is that he looks like a more handsome clone of McCain or that he could have been played by John Forsythe in a movie. Seeing him next to Trump, I think he makes the Trump campaign look more serious and it gives the appearance that Trump wants to win…and more so than that he wants to govern after winning. By all accounts, Pence is a competent governor and if he could deliver Indiana to Trump then he might have influence in bringing Ohio over too. Winning the Midwest and Pennsylvania would be key to a Trump victory. So this might be a smart way for Trump to go.
2. Target is legitimately not a place for women or families to shop. If you shop at Target, you need to stop. What Target has done is unconscionable, because Target has essentially sent out a message to the freak and pervert community that Target is a place that will willfully look the other way and allow sexual crimes to happen there, all in the name of diversity. When any place telegraphs that it will allow perverts to come there and will not call the police when they infringe on or violate other people’s rights, it’s a recipe for disaster. Megan Fox and I encountered exactly this with the Orland Park Public Library, which we wrote about in our new book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In our example, the Library staff let it be known that they do not call the police when men masturbate at the computers in that library and they would not even call the police when men were accessing child pornography on the computers. They openly made it clear that they would look the other way and allow sex crimes to keep happening in that library. Female staff who had a problem with this were told they should quit if they did not like working in a sexually hostile work environment. Do you know what happened? The Orland Park Public Library became the place that creeps and perverts knew they could go to and do whatever they wanted and that staff would not call the police. As documented in our book, this led to the Orland Park Public Library having regular incidents of sex crime that were not talking place in other libraries…because the creeps and perverts knew they could do things in Orland Park that they would be arrested for in other communities. Orland Park then became synonymous with sex crimes and is a national laughingstock and butt of jokes because of that. This is exactly what Target has done to itself: it is telegraphing that if you are someone who wants to do things that would not be accepted in other stores, that you are invited by Target to go and do these things in their stores and they won’t call the police on you. It is an open invitation for lewd behavior, voyeurism, etc. because Target has stated that it won’t be protecting women and families…just like the Orland Park Public Library stated that it wouldn’t protect women or families.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg should resign from the Supreme Court immediately. She has embarrassed herself and permanently damaged the reputation of the SCOTUS. For good reason, Americans have lost faith in our government because so many institutions have proven to be undeserving of the public’s trust in recent years. The IRS is clearly a political weapon being used against the Left’s enemies and it should be disbanded. The FBI just recently proved that it has no legitimacy and that it serves as a Palace Guard for the Left, picking and choosing which Americans the law applies to and which ones are too powerful or prominent to be prosecuted. Our government feels like that of the old Soviet Union at this point, where the favored elite skate by and do whatever they wish and we the plebeians are subject to the draconian oppression of the state whenever the state chooses to use the system against us. Ruth Bader Ginsburg should be ashamed of herself by making this situation worse, since now the SCOTUS appears to be taking punches in the political fray as well. We all knew that at least 4 of the remaining 7 Justices are far-Left in their worldviews…but until Ginsburg did this we could at least pretend that they were professional and hope that in certain circumstances they would put their personal feelings aside and respect the history and importance of the SCOTUS being impartial (however much of a fantasy that is). Ginsburg cannot be trusted to come within 100 feet of any case that in any way relates to the Trump campaign or presidency. She must resign immediately. We as a nation also need to take a hard look at the lifetime appointments of these Justices. Ginsburg should be used as a strong argument for term limits and age cut-offs for service on the SCOTUS. There should both be a term-limit for SCOTUS appointments and also a mandatory retirement age. Appoint a Justice for a single 10 year term, with mandatory retirement at 75. 10 years would be more than any president could ever serve in the Oval. There should also be a mechanism to remove a Justice who makes political remarks like Ginsburg just did that cross a line the way that she has done.
What else is on your mind today?
[Click above to embiggen: Please “share” and “tweet” the Siniawski family’s GoFundMe page; please share with your contacts so more people know about what is being done to Chester Siniawski in Joliet, Illinois. When you go on the page, you will see the words “share” and “tweet” under “Help save my Dad” immediately under the picture of Chet and Chester.]
The best update yet on Chester Siniawski’s plight came early today when his son Chet posted the following on GoFundMe:
Completely unprompted words from my Dad tonight (among many about this topic and this is not exact words but essentially what he said) in front of one of the hospice employees “I know I won’t be able to get totally better but I want to get out of here, go into rehabilitaton, and get better.” How much more coherent does someone need to be.
Today I made home made soup for him as he has asked me for it the last two days and he loves my soups and stews (I learned from the best!). When I brought him the bowl my mom walked out of the room until he was done eating because again she did not want to see what he is capable of. He ate it completely by himself, spooned it up, into mouth, chew, swallow, and spoon back in the bowl. Rinse, repeat (about a quarter of the bowl but my soup is very hearty and a whole small bowl even fills me up). He enjoyed every bit of it! She conveniently came back after I washed the bowl out in the sink and didnt ask if anything happened. I am not sure how someone can eat in front of someone who is hungry but can’t sit and watch them nourish themself on the path to recovery but that is what is happening and its been ongoing. I do not know how many indications of a mental issue need to be shown but this is yet another on my suspected symptom list. His progress doesnt fit the grandeur delusion or plan.
I will say it again I would love to have my Dad come down to Texas with me where I can get him in the proper facility and see him as get better as much as possible. He will be out and about doing his own thing by Thanksgiving in my estimation.
Please keep sharing this folks. My Dad really needs the help as you can see.
How you can help!
1. Please go to Chet’s GoFundMe page and then use the “share” and “tweet” buttons under the picture to share the page with your own contacts. Someone out there will see this and know how to help save Chester from death in that horrible Joliet Area Community Hospice (JACH). Chester is clearly a man who does not want to die. He wants to live. He wants to be fed. The ghouls who work in that JACH allowed his wife Marian to starve Chester and try to kill him. In my personal opinion, everyone working in that place and Marian herself should be held accountable for trying to starve this man to death when he wants to live. But, apparently the JACH exists in some loophole where murder is okay there and authorities look the other way when men are starved and deprived of life-sustaining materials there against their will.
2. Please send an email or write a letter to your Senators and Congresscritters telling them about Chester Siniawski and what is being done to this poor man in Joliet, Illinois. Amnesty International exists to help people who are being tortured and abused in horrible foreign countries around the world. But what entity exists to intervene when the government allows a man like Chester to be starved and abused here in the United States? The government of Illinois is allowing this man to be starved and for the staff at the Joliet Area Community Hospice to withhold food from him and to allow his wife Marian to try to kill him. It is unthinkable that Marian is still allowed to go anywhere near this man after what she has allegedly done to him and continues to do to him, according to reports made by visitors and Chester’s son Chet. Everyone allowing Marian to continue to interfere with Chester’s feeding should be held liable for the damage this has done to Chester’s health and recovery.
3. Please pray for Chester to continue getting stronger. He’s eating soup now. When this all started, he struggled to drink Muscle Milk and protein shakes. Now, he’s eating soup. He’s feeding himself. He’s hungry after being starved by the ghouls at the JACH and his cruel wife Marian. He’s gobbling up soup and loving it and is asking over and over to be freed from the JACH and taken to a rehabilitation facility where he can get better. His son Chet wants to take Chester back to Texas with him so that Chester can recover and that Marian and the ghouls at the JACH can no longer have any ability to try to kill Chester. Please pray that this outcome happens.
* Since April 2016, Chester Siniawski has been held against his will at the Joliet Area Community Hospice. He is not a terminal hospice patient, but is instead a “resident” of the private facility. He wants to leave this facility but his wife is not allowing him to leave.
* Chester had a stroke but is not terminal. He needs rehabilitative care, exercise, and the opportunity to recover from his stroke. According to his family, Chester’s wife Marian and staff at the Joliet Area Community Hospice (JACH) have been depriving him of food and water in what appears to be a premeditated effort to kill Chester by way of starvation/deprivation of life-sustaining substances.
* Chester’s family, led by his son Chet, have been visiting Chester to bring him food and hydration. JACH staffers use the fact that Chester is a “resident” and not a “patient” as their excuse for not ensuring that Chester receives nutrition and hydration and proper medical care.
* The Joliet Area Community Hospice appears to be situated in a loophole where the Illinois state government looks the other way as people are murdered by way of starvation/deprivation if a spouse no longer wants the person to be alive. Forcible euthanasia against a person’s wishes is supposed to be illegal in Illinois, as consensual euthanasia and suicide are illegal. But if you want to kill someone in our state, it appears you just have to check that person into the JACH, have them coded as a resident, and the person will be denied whatever is needed for him to get better…and life-sustaining materials will be kept from the person so that his life will be snuffed out. No one in state or local government will care and they will all deliberately look the other way because the word “hospice” is written on the door of the JACH. They are so used to people dying in hospices that a man who is not terminal can be effectively murdered in the JACH and the state of Illinois will not care.
* Last month, Will County Judge Jeffrey Allen issued what appears to be an unconstitutional gag order on the Siniawski family that forbids them from taking any video of Chester that would show the progress he is making in his recover. Judge Allen appears to be corrupt, as he seems to have a personal relationship with someone working at the JACH. By restricting Chester Siniawski’s free speech and preventing him from being able to speak to the world via video, Judge Allen is helping the JACH keep Chester silent. Judge Allen is also violating the First Amendment rights of the Siniawski family and also infringing on the public’s ability to hear from Chester and to hear him say that he wants to live, wants to leave the JACH, and wants to go to a rehab facility to exercise, regain his strength, and survive.
Today, Chet Siniawski (the son of Chester Siniawski) gave a very detailed update about his father’s current status. Because Judge Allen will not allow video to be taken of Chester, Chet is only able to describe his current health. These are Chet’s words posted to GoFundMe on 7/10/16: