Some thoughts on the RNC Prime Time speakers on 7/18/16 (read the daytime recap here)
1. GLOVES are off. Mother of Benghazi victim Sean Smith directly blames Hillary Clinton for death of her son. Says that Hillary lied to her face. Mrs. Smith has repeatedly asked Hillary to explain why her son died and she has refused to explain. Says Trump is blunt, direct, and strong. Trump will not hesitate to kill terrorists who threaten American lives. Says that Hillary is a liar who belongs in prison wearing stripes, not the Oval Office.
2. Authors of the book 13 Hours followed Mrs. Smith. This book was made into the movie 13 Hours that came out last year. It is an excellent movie. I highly recommend you see it. I have not read the book yet but ordered it tonight. It is by Mitchell Zuckoff and Security Annex Team. They spoke very candidly about what Benghazi was like. It’s similar to what was in the movie. CSPAN will have all these speeches up later and the RNC live stream gets archived I believe, so you can watch all these.
3. One thing that I hope Donald Trump hits Hillary on is why on earth the State Department sent an openly gay man — Chris Stevens — to be ambassador to a Muslim country. That was an invitation for trouble. Sending an openly gay man to a Muslim country full of bigoted homophobic medieval monsters when the Obama Regime clearly had a plan to destabilize Libya, topple Kadaffi, and set the stage for the Islamic colonization of Europe was madness. Stevens was the wrong person to send to a Muslim country…let alone a Muslim country where the Regime decided it would be fun to create a staging ground for Islam’s invasion of Europe, which followed quickly in recent years. Obama wanted to destroy the West from within. He harmed the US as much as possible and set the stage for the eradication of Europe by Muslim immigration jihad. Hillary allowed all of this to happen, but she is personally most responsible for signing off on a gay ambassador to a Muslim country. Which is stupidity incarnate.
4. I really wish we could have heard more from Sean Smith’s mom. To me, that was more powerful and impactful. I would like to hear more from ALL FAMILY MEMBERS who feel they were lied to by Hillary and the State Department over Benghazi. I also would like to hear from someone who could explain why Mitt Romney did not go after Obama over Benghazi in the second and third presidential debates in 2012. Why did Romney deliberately stay clear of it? What was the strategy behind that?
5. I missed some of the early speakers, like Rick Perry. I will eventually watch them when this live stream gets archived and I can watch it from the beginning. Here’s some of who spoke before I started watching tonight:
6. Here’s the next batch:
7. Then the final batch:
8. Family of slain border control agents are speaking. Democrats do not want the borders secure. Democrats want the Third World to colonize the United States because: (1) Those are Democrat voters who are ignorant and uneducated and illiterate, (2) Spanish-speakers are easy to control because they do not assimilate and Democrats can keep them in little colonies and control them, (3) Third Worlders are not used to our culture or system of government and instead like having bigger federal government. Just like Democrats like.
9. Antonio Sabato JR. is speaking about being an immigrant who followed the rules, learned the language, and assimilated. This is why he is speaking. He is an immigrant. He followed the rules. Why shouldn’t Mexicans follow the rules? Antonio Sabato Jr. was a big deal in the 1990s. He was a big time model and was in the Janet Jackson video for “Love Will Never Do Without You.” My first-ever boyfriend had posters of Antonio up on his walls when we were in college.
10. Family of man killed by a Mexican colonist here illegally spoke next. We need a law where people can sue Mexico when Mexican colonists kill someone. Mexico should have to pay $50 million to each person this happens to. Why the hell have we allowed Mexico to become a colonial superpower that dictates to the US and dumps all of its unwanted criminals here. This woman speaking is right: Hillary wants the colonization to continue. For it to stop, you need Donald Trump.
11. People really need to start using the word COLONISTS. Stop calling these people immigrants. Stop calling them refugees or migrants. They are COLONISTS. An immigrant follows the rules and assimilates into the melting pot. A COLONIST comes here, demands things, refuses to learn English, breaks all of our laws, spits on our sovereignty, and expects our culture and society to change to accommodate them. That’s colonization. It needs to stop.
12. Another family member of a person killed by a Mexican colonist speaks. The government goes out of its way to let the colonists go free. They come here, break our laws, kill Americans, and Democrats let them run free. We need to stop pandering to Spanish-speakers. We need to stand up to them. We need to stop the colonization of our country by the Third World. We need to make Mexico pay for what it has already done to America. Mexico needs to financially rectify the damage its colonization has done.
13. USA! USA! USA! USA!
14. 811pm CST – Jazz Shaw’s dad speaking. Considers Trump his friend. Son killed by Mexican colonist. Father saw hole in son’s head. Mexican colonist killed him. Jazz’s mom was overseas in military. Once word got out that Mexican colonist killed son, all the politicians disappeared. Did not want to criticize a Mexican colonist. The Mexican killed Jazz because he was black. Coroner said that the Mexican colonist shot Jazz with cruelty. Mexican was known to target blacks. Hillary is Obama’s third term. Trump called Jazz’s dad on phone to see how he was doing. Only Trump will stand up to Mexico and end the colonization. BUILD THE WALL!
15. Rep. McCall from Texas. Born and raised in Dallas. Speaks about police officers murdered by Black Lives Murders domestic terrorist group. Haven’t we had enough open borders, amnesty, and colonization? Why can’t America be a secure, sovereign nation? Whey are we being colonized by the Third World? Democrats lead from behind. They lead us into danger. They paved the way for ISIS to take over and for Islam to conquer Europe. Democrats want all this chaos.
16. Hillary is really getting hammered for the lie about the YouTube video. Boy do they all look stupid for that. Islam is here in America because Democrats let Islam in. Muslims will keep killing and Hillary wants to bring in MORE Muslim colonists. End political correctness. Speak the truth. The enemy is Islam. And the enemy is here.
17. Are you safer than you were 4 years ago? Are you safer than you were 8 years ago?
18. Donald Trump will not apologize for American greatness. He will promote it. He will not bow to Islam. He will stand up to it. He will shake the ground that Muslims walk on and end terrorism. He will defeat Islam.
19. WWII Generation, Greatest Generation, defeated the Third Reich and Soviet Union. Our war is with Islam. We must defeat it and save Western Civilization. We must send clear message to Muslims: you may have fired the first shot, but America will fire the last and Islam will lose.
20. Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke speaks about Blue Lives Matter. He is an impressive speaker. Talking about the domestic terrorist war on cops right now…also about the defeat of the malicious prosecution of Marilyn Mosby against the Baltimore police officers. Mosby should be disbarred and then tarred and feathered. She is vile. Talks about importance of making America safe again. THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE A SENATOR OR GOVERNOR. He is a fantastic leader. Powerful. He needs to rise higher than just Sheriff. He needs to run the FBI or something.
21. Former Real World Boston and I think Miami stars Sean and Rachel Duffy. I had a crush on him years ago when the show was on. He still looks great. He was a lumberjack. Rachel’s family were immigrants. They followed the rules. They learned English. They assimilated. They did not break the rules and demand things. They joined the melting pot. MELTING POT. They are a gorgeous couple. They should be positioned for bigger things too in next few years. He would make a handsome lumberjack Senator. Why not run him against one of the lunatics from Wisconsin currently in office?
22. Darryl Glenn, Senate candidate for Colorado. Another really powerful speaker. I never heard of him before and I like him. He calls it the “Democrat Party” like everyone should do. He’s smart. And funny too. Very engaging. This is great…he calls out Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Says they do not speak for black America and they do not speak for him. Says that threat from Islam is real. Black men need to take care of families. Troops and cops need support. Says Hillary Clinton is unfit to be president. She loves pantsuits but she needs a bright orange jumpsuit. That line got big cheers. Darryl Glenn is a fabulous candidate. Really awesome guy. Kind of candidate you’d love to be friends with, love to listen to…hope he wins. Would be awesome in the Senate. He seems like a future president too.
23. Tom Cotton from Arkansas speaks next. He’s handsome too. So many hot guys at the Republican Convention in Cleveland. They should make a calendar.
24. Boy is Aaron Shock stupid. He’s stupid for a lot of reasons, but if he had come out of the closet years ago I don’t think that he would have been removed from Congress. He had been out and proud, he could be speaking tonight as a gay Republican. That’s what’s missing from this great lineup: a hot gay Republican office holder. They’re doing a good job showing a new and diverse GOP…but Aaron Shock could have been the face of gay Republicans. What an idiot closet case that clown turned out to be. He could have had it all.
25. Mother of fallen Navy SEAL is next. Mother of Aaron Vaughn. Boy she is a great speaker. Powerful. Confident. Calls for new leadership. Says we cannot allow enemies to define the world in which we live. US can defeat all adversaries. Must be unbound though. Can’t allow the military hands to be tied. Must go after Islam hard. Stop this madness. Men and women join military to fight, not to be sacrificed. Islam is hellbent to destroy us but we are unwilling to call Islam by name. TIME TO NAME THE ENEMY. THE ENEMY IS ISLAM.
26. Senator Jeff Sessions. Talks about Cocktail Party establishment, Media, and Big Corporations destroying middle class. Destroying the country. Economic disaster. We are on the wrong track and American people know it. Hillary and Obama are globalists and want to destroy America. Trade deficits kill jobs. They want to push Obamatrade to destroy US with Pacific trade imbalance. For 30 years the American people want end to lawlessness and to secure our borders. Third World colonists are taking American jobs. They come here, take our jobs, overstay visas, and the government does nothing. Obama and Hillary capitulate to the lawlessness and reward the criminal colonists. Why can’t they follow existing laws? NOTE: YouTube stream went down…switched to CSPAN. Immigration should be suspended until we get our arms around the problems. There are no jobs for all of these people. Stop flooding job market with so many Third Worlders. Need Trump to stop this madness. Donald Trump will get tough and bring change. He has strength and courage and the will to get this done. Donald Trump will kill Obamatrade, will stop the colonization of America, will BUILD THE WALL to stop Mexico’s colonial ambitions, will make America great again.
27. Rudy Giuliani is next. Says it is nice to have a New Yorker for once on the ticket. Talks about how to make America safe. Americans do not feel safe anymore. They fear for children and themselves. They fear for police officers who are being targeted by Black Lives Murder. Praying for police in Dallas and Baton Rouge and their families. Thank you to Cleveland Police Department for protecting the convention. What happened to melting pot? Where did it go? Why do we have hyphenated America? Need to get away from black america and white america and whatever america…get back to just AMERICA. NYC used to be hell. Giuliani says what he did for NYC, Donald Trump will do for America. Trump is a man with a big heart whom Giuliani says always stepped in when needed. Sick and tired of defamation of Donald Trump by the media and the Clintons. Sick and tired of it. This is a good man. Crowd goes wild. 5 major attacks by Islam in the last 7 months. Our enemy is Islam. We should not be afraid to define the enemy as Islam. People who yell Allah Akbar are terrorists. Ft. Hood. San Bernadino. Orlando. Nice. Paris. Boston. Obama calls this workplace violence. Muslims see us as weak and vulnerable. We must identify the enemy properly and find them, catch them, and defeat Islam. We must put Muslims on the defense. If they are at war against us, which they have declared, we must commit ourselves to unconditional victory against Islam. Lives lost to Islam all over the world and on US soil. What has Hillary done? ISIS says they are sending operatives amongst the Muslim colonists from Syria. And Hillary wants to just let these colonists in. It is stupidity. Trump will stop this. Trump will keep us safe!
28. Melania Trump is next! TRUMP APPEARS!!!!!! We are going to win. We are going to win so big.
First Slovenian First Lady. First supermodel First Lady. I love listening to her. She makes so much sense. She is so elegant. And she is an immigrant who understood she needed to assimilate and join melting pot, not live in parallel society. Fantastic speech. Talking about working hard, making something of self, fighting for things that matter. Personal testimonial about Donald Trump. Will never ever let you down. Will never give up. Family man. Simple goodness of heart that God gave to Donald Trump. He will use his gifts for purposes to help us all. The election will not even be close. SLAM! Would not be a Trump contest without excitement and drama. Wants to help children and women.
29. Lt.General Michael Flynn speaks next. Would he be Sec. of Defense? Says America will defend protect and take care of itself again. From this day forward we must stand tougher and stronger together. No more reckless rhetoric from an Obama clone like Hillary Clinton. Must draw from rich foundation for founding fathers’ fight for democracy. Must end days of political correctness and senseless hyperbole. This guy is not a great speaker. He would have made a lousy VP pick. He is not good with an audience. Falling flat. But he seems like he would be good leader of military. He’s just not a good politician. Good decision not to put him on the ticket. He can serve in another way. And he talked and talked and talked. People started walking out and leaving because he kind of rambled. He should have spoken for just a few minutes earlier in the night. Would have rather had Sheriff Clarke given his time. Bring Sean Smith’s mom back out. Would have loved to hear more from her too. She really went at Hillary hard. Flynn is not saying anything new or interesting. Would like to hear from Joni Ernst now. Though near the end of his remarks he did call on Hillary to leave the race and people started shouting lock her up, lock her up, lock her up. His speech felt like it went on for an hour though.
30. I’ve never heard Joni Ernst speak before, so this is fun. Talking about her military service. She seems like a very nice person. Very positive and optimistic. I really admire her service. She is amazing. Wants America to start leading again. Says our allies around the world want us to start leading. Where is America’s leadership? There is void in the world. Deficit that can’t be filled by others. Can’t have 4 more years of lack of leadership. Muslims keep working to destroy Israel. Threaten Europe and the United States with their colonization efforts. Hillary and Obama have allowed this. They have allowed Islam to strike blows against the West. It’s like Junior Varsity playing. Allowing Islam to spread rapidly. Islam is now present in all 50 US states. Terrorists are in all 50 states now. Hillary lied to American people. Military and veterans did not fail us. Obama Regime failed us. Hillary failed. Extremely careless. Incompetent. Tells lies. That is unthinkable to have as commander in chief. Must ensure that America is strong and stabilizing force. Keep safe at home and protect freedom abroad. Time to stand up and fight for the security of our children. Our grandchildren. And ourselves. With Hillary Clinton it is always about her. Should be about you, not her. People tired of politics as usual. Trump will work tirelessly to keep nation safe. Now is the time to make America safe again.
31. Jason Beardsley speaks next. Veterans group. Was elite fighter. Awesome speaker. Great energy. Must sustain nation when we feel in peril. Russia, China, and Islam are unparalleled threats. Stand on the shoulders of giants and legends who gave us American republic. Those who gave lives for cause of freedom around the world. Principles of liberty and justice for all. He makes a good point about what the Left always says, that since America made some mistakes in the past and was not always perfect that it must be destroyed now. The Left loves to do this. The crowd keeps shouting LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP over and over again. When Trump wins, Hillary Clinton is going to be in real trouble if Chris Christie is made Attorney General. I bet he will find some way to prosecute her. That little toad Comey will lose his job too hopefully. I really liked Beardsley. Great speaker.
32. Ryan Zinke from Montana. He is the first Navy SEAL elected to Congress. Part of SEAL Team Six. Says Obama and Hillary are responsible for leadership failures.
33. This was my favorite night of any political convention ever. It had excitement. It had a FANTASTIC appearance by Melania Trump. Her speech was FABULOUS. What a great kickoff. And Cleveland is doing an amazing job hosting it all.
And that’s a wrap! Convention is adjourned until 530pm tomorrow!
— More to follow tomorrow for DAY TWO –
[Click above: an excellent LIVE STREAM of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, provided via the YouTubes.]
Some running thoughts on the RNC in Cleveland, as I watch the live stream throughout the day:
1. What a great thing this is! A live stream up on YouTube. I haven’t had a tee-vee since 2009, so I always need to scramble to find a live feed of something like the convention. Having it stream on YouTube is wonderful. The other benefit is that I don’t have to listen to the talking heads on the networks. I can just watch the actual feed from the convention. It’s very much like being there in person. Love it.
2. It’s 2:21pm and not much is happening. Senator Pat Roberts spoke and said generic things that could have been lifted from any movie where a convention was happening. Then a band started playing “My Sharona,” which tells you the average age of people in the crowd listening to this music in the middle of the afternoon.
3. I wonder why big events like this are needed. While I appreciate all the money that the city of Cleveland is making off hosting the RNC (since Cleveland really needed that cash infusion, especially in infrastructure projects and the rebuilding of Public Square downtown), in the year 2016 isn’t there a better way we can do these political conventions without all the travel costs? I can’t stand the Olympics because of all the waste of money they involve. While the political conventions are expensive, they are nowhere near as bad as the Olympics. But still. At least the cities that host them get to make money during the convention though: businesses get a boost, temporary jobs are created, so that’s all a great thing.
4. Breitbart has a live stream going too, which is great: www.Breitbart.com The only bad thing is that it’s lots of commentary, and some of the commentators are sophomoric. I prefer the commentary-free GOP feed. But, I’m just not someone who wants to listen to the talking heads all day.
5. Someone commenting on the Breitbart feed had an interesting point: how are the polling companies polling people today? We go through this every election, but in the modern age it’s not like things used to be in the 80s and 90s when it comes to being able to reach people. Bake into that the fact that people lie to pollsters. In 2010 and in 2014, the Media insisted that Democrats would take back Congress and the exact opposite happened…and the Media looked foolish for being so wrong. In 2012, Mitt Romney should have won that election but just gave up at the end, never hitting Obama on Benghazi and throwing the last two debates. Why did he do that? Why in 2016 did Mittens decide he wants to be aggressive and come out swinging and threatening a Ross Perot style third party? All of that is madness. The big question is going to be if the people who decided to not show up and not vote in 2008 and 2012 will actually vote this time, because they didn’t want to support the GOP Cocktail Party establishment…but this year the Cocktail Party is not running things. Will people show up and vote this time? If not, these people are clearly not ever going to show up…or the game is just rigged.
6. Breitbart’s now running footage from Settler’s Landing in Cleveland. There’s a small event with Milo Y., whom Breitbart aggressively promotes as a brand. I think Breitbart is trying to create a new star, since Andrew Breitbart is no longer with us. I have mixed feelings about Milo. I think he is incredibly brave to say he’s going to march through Muslim areas in Sweden for a gay Pride parade…and if he does that, then I will never say a bad word about him. But other times I think he is vulgar and overexposed. A little of him goes a long way, but Breitbart wants him 24/7 in people’s faces. I’m surprised that Ann Coulter has jumped so strongly onto his bandwagon. Settler’s Landing is a little spot in a bend in the Cuyahoga River in downtown Cleveland where supposedly the city’s first settlers arrived (Moses Cleaveland and his party). Milo’s talking about political correctness and Islam now…which is also very brave. People need to stop being afraid of Muslims and to start speaking out. So, again, when he does this I just admire him so much…but then he starts swearing and saying vulgar things. I guess I just don’t understand his brand. But boy do I love that he takes on Islam.
One of the things I’ve noticed through the years is that people do enjoy a gay man to be a “fabulous gay,” like from the tee-vee. Probably a majority of Americans want gay men to be like this and are disappointed when we are boring. They want the Liberace/Paul Lynde/Lindsey Graham/Rip Taylor kind of glitter-and-confetti and sparkle rainbow sprinkles gay. They don’t want the Rock Hudson/George Clooney/Montgomery Clift sedate or under the radar gay. I think values-sharing is part of this too. People want to show that they are tolerant and that they don’t have a problem with gays…so they feel pride in saying that they don’t have a problem gays…and the more FABULOUS a gay is the more they get out of declaring they like and/or don’t have a problem with that guy. So, a gay steelworker is not as much fun as a guy prancing around in a tutu. Or Milo. They love bleached blonde Milo and Milo is probably a genius for figuring that out. I’m listening to him speak now and he’s saying so many great things about bringing down the Left and exposing it. But then he calls himself “a dick-sucking-faggot.” He’s saying he uses language like that to be mischievous and naughty and subversive. And to call Donald Trump “daddy.” I don’t know if any of that is true…but Milo says he wants to end the cancer of political correctness. Which is a goal we all should share. He really is an engaging and dynamic speaker. I still don’t particularly like him but I really admire his guts in saying it.
7. It is time to stop being polite about Islam. Milo just said this. And he’s right. Muslims who come to colonize Western countries cling to their backwards ways and refuse to assimilate. They bring their hatred of gays and women with them. Islam is bloody and terrifying and it’s time to be honest about it. Donald Trump is the only person who is prepared to be tough and to do something about Islam. This is why I support Trump and can never support a Democrat again. Hillary Clinton will never say a critical word about Islam because Hillary is controlled by Huma Abedin and by extension Saudi Arabia. Hillary Clinton will never do anything about Islam killing gays around the world, and she didn’t do anything to stop Islam when she was Secretary of State. The only hope gays have against Islam is Donald Trump.
8. Donald Trump is the best chance of smashing political correctness and resisting Islamization. He is the only chance of controlling our borders and asserting our sovereignty. The feed from Milo speaking then abruptly ended. I give Breitbart credit though. Doing the live stream stuff is hard. It’s nice seeing alternatives to the broadcast networks emerging. It’s all a lot better than it was in 2012 that’s for sure.
9. Politico has the convention agenda. Most of it seems so archaic and procedural, like a ghost from the 1800s. You should check out that PDF document though. I’ve never read one of these before, and it was an interesting read.
10. I don’t understand all of the foolishness from the #NeverTrump crowd. Do they want Hillary Clinton to be president? I feel like these people are being manipulated by someone like David Axelrod somewhere. Not sure why they want Democrats to win, but one theory is that a lot of these people would make a lot of money during a Hillary Clinton presidency. It would be four years of one scandal after another. Over and over again. It would be the 1990s on steroids, because we have the Internet now. That would be VERY GOOD business for a lot of websites that need traffic to survive. It would be great for people writing books. Having Hillary as president would mean that things would keep getting worse, Muslims colonization of America would increase, the Third World colonization across the southern border would continue. The Chamber of Commerce would be very happy, killing more jobs and handing American workers pink slips so they can hire cheap foreign labor. Things getting worse mean that people who make a living writing about how bad things are would get to keep doing that. Things getting better means that the gravy train ends. I think this is why Erick Erickson in particular at RedState wants to see Hillary become president.
11. Great visual people are tweeting that sums up battle in Cleveland right now, where the #NeverTrump folks are clashing with the people who actually want to win the election in the fall. Who will win? The rhino or the elephant?
12. There’s weird chanting going on now at 344pm CST. Some people are shouting something about “blood.” I can’t understand them. Then other people shout “We want Trump.” It’s weird.
13. Someone from Guam with a heavy Spanish-accent is now shouting while having trouble reading, rolling his “Rs” like a “Rrrrrrrrruffles have riiiiiiiiiiidges” commercial. I think this is so obnoxious when Spanish-speakers do this. It’s not cute. To me, Spanish is the language of poverty. What Spanish-speaking country has its act together? Spain itself is a basket case. I can’t think of one place that speaks Spanish that isn’t corrupt or a hellhole or both. If Spanish was such a great language, wouldn’t Spanish-speaking countries be great instead of being so messed up?
14. 349pm. They are taking the official photo now. Instructing people to stand up and stand still and smile. This is riveting stuff folks.
15. Did you hear about the latest asinine thing that Brian Williams did? I missed this when it happened but I saw someone share the video on Twitter. Apparently he made a sick joke about “plowing over” coverage when doing an awkward handover from a news segment he was reporting about the Muslim attack on Nice, France. What an absolute buffoon this man is.
16. So the convention rules were all handled. At 3:55pm they adjourned the first session and are now going to do a second session. All of this is weird, arcane, procedural stuff. I don’t know why any of this is still necessary. It all seems like a waste of time, but I guess the people who are really into going to these things love it. I think it’s like a tenth level of hell.
17. The Live Stream cut off at 3:58pm CST. Looking forward to hearing Melania Trump speak tonight about being an immigrant who assimilated and joined the melting pot, instead of being a colonist who refused to leave old ways behind. Assimilation and the melting pot model is true immigration. Refusing to learn English, refusing to leave old customs behind, and coming to America with the commitment to never becoming part of our culture but instead creating a parallel society and a little foreign colony on our soil is the wrong way to go. Need to get back to the melting pot model that worked so well for so many years.
19. They are doing a screening of Clinton Cash at Tower City Cinemas tomorrow at 1pm. This is the movie theater I went to when I lived in Cleveland. I saw Jurassic Park, Scream, Titanic, Tomorrow Never Dies, Catch Me If You Can, and all kinds of movies there through the years. I think the last movies I ever saw there were the last Lord of the Rings movie or one of the Matrix movies before I left Cleveland in 2003. It’s in the Tower City complex, which is a train station (Rapid Trains, which are like the EL in Chicago and subways in NYC…but they go both underground and above ground; you can go right from the airport to downtown on Rapid Trains…and also switch at Tower City to other lines and go out to the eastern suburbs).
20. 410pmCST, Michael Patrick Leahy on Breitbart’s Live Stream explaining the foolishness that happened earlier on the convention floor. This was the #NeverTrump thing where these people tried to stop the convention. He’s talking about how he couldn’t understand the #NeverTrump people’s yelling either. This is where I though they were shouting “blood,” but that makes no sense. Leahy didn’t understand what they were shouting either. That’s the problem when a crowd shouts things: it’s impossible to hear or understand. They must have been shouting something other than “blood.” If you know what it was, please tell me.
21. Joel Pollack is talking about Obama wanting to nationalized/federalize the police. This is something that my boyfriend Justin gets freaked out about. He’s really into conspiracies. There will be no federalization of the police. That is nonsense. It won’t happen. I do not understand the urge some people have to freak themselves out over scary dystopian conspiracies like this, but logistically it is impossible to federalize/nationalize the police. Whether Obama wants that or not, it will not happen. The government is not competent enough to do something like this and the people would rise up against the government if it tried.
22. Joel Pollack is a really great interviewer. REALLY GREAT. I really enjoy watching him on this Breitbart live stream. Right now he is interviewing Kelli Ward about her challenge to the odious John McCain.
23. Reports showing up that an axe murdered went wild on a train in Germany, killing more people. What are the odds that it’s another Muslim from that oh-so-peaceful “Religion of Peace,” just doing what Muslims do: killing Westerners. An axe and a knife were used. Jihadists have been calling for knife attacks in Germany. Muslims doing more killing without needing anything flashy to do it. UPDATE: It was Muslim colonist from Afghanistan who did this.
24. I always forget about CSPAN, but it’s covering the convention too. And it does not give commentary.
25. Lizard-Creature Julian Castro found to have violated the Hatch Act. Not that Democrats violating the law matters anymore. I used to laugh when conspiracy people would say that there were lizard people amongst us who masqueraded as humans. And then I saw Julian Castro for the first time. He looks like a gecko that was turned into a human, like the lizards, and mice and dogs that were turned into people by the Fairy Godmother while transforming a pumpkin into a carriage. I’ve never seen a human who looked as much like a lizard as this man. Apparently, Hillary Clinton wants him to be her VP…since Clinton/Castro has such a catchy ring to it.
26. From the RNC’s site, here is list of Prime Time speakers this evening:
Please note: The speakers below are part of the prime-time program, which will follow Monday afternoon’s Convention Business Session.
Willie Robertson, CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, star of Duck Dynasty
The star of A&E’s hit series Duck Dynasty, Willie Robertson, is the CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, a New York Times bestselling author, traveling speaker, father of five, and an avid outdoorsman.
Governor Rick Perry, Former Governor of Texas
A fifth-generation Texan, Perry grew up in Haskell County. His parents were cotton farmers, and Perry was among the first in his family to attend college. Perry served as Texas’ lieutenant governor from 1999 to 2000. In 2000, he was elected governor and remains the longest-serving governor in Texas history.
Marcus Luttrell, U.S. Navy SEAL
Marcus Luttrell is a retired U.S. Navy SEAL and author of the book Lone Survivor, in which he tells the harrowing tale of a fierce battle in eastern Afghanistan in 2005. Since returning from war, Luttrell has started the Lone Survivor Foundation and become involved with The Boot Campaign. He also has written a second book, Service, which honors and praises all members of the military.
Scott Baio, Actor and Television Producer
Scott Baio is an actor and television producer. He landed his first starring role in the 1976 movie Bugsy Malone and is known for portraying memorable characters on several hit television shows, including Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, and Charles In Charge. More recently, he has appeared in the Emmy Award-winning show Arrested Development and the Nick at Nite comedy See Dad Run, which he also produces. When he was young, Baio campaigned for Ronald Reagan, and in the 2016 GOP primary, he endorsed presumptive nominee Donald Trump.
Pat Smith, Mother of Benghazi victim, Sean Smith
Patricia (Pat) Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, who was killed during the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. Ever since that night, Smith has sought to learn the truth behind the events that led to the death of four Americans, including her only child.
Mark Geist, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, Fought in Battle of Benghazi
Mark “Oz” Geist was a member of the Annex Security Team that fought the Battle of Benghazi in Libya from September 11 to September 12, 2012. A Colorado native, Geist joined the United States Marine Corps in 1984 and served for 12 years.
John Tiegen, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, Fought in Battle of Benghazi
John “Tig” Tiegen was a member of the Annex Security Team that fought during the attack in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. He is responsible for saving many lives and has been recognized for his bravery. He has since co-authored the New York Times best-selling book 13 Hours, the harrowing tale of what really happened in Benghazi.
Kent Terry and Kelly Terry-Willis, The Brian Terry Foundation
Brian Terry was a Border Patrol agent who died tragically while protecting our nation’s border with Mexico. His death was a result of Operation Fast and Furious, a gun-walking operation gone wrong that put assault weapons into the hands of Mexican narco-terrorists. Kent Terry and Kelly Terry-Willis, Brian’s siblings, carry on his legacy through the Brian Terry Foundation.
Antonio Sabato, Jr., Actor
Daytime television viewers know actor Antonio Sabato Jr. for his roles on General Hospital and The Bold and the Beautiful.
Mary Ann Mendoza, Immigration Reform Advocate
Mary Ann Mendoza is a passionate advocate for immigration reform because she has experienced the consequences of our failed system. This May marked the second anniversary of her son Brandon’s death. Brandon, a Mesa Police Sergeant, was 32 when a drunk driver traveling on the wrong side of the highway crashed head-on into the car he was driving. The drunk driver was in the United States illegally, and despite being convicted of crimes years earlier, he was not deported.
Sabine Durden, Immigration Reform Advocate
Sabine Durden is an advocate for immigration reform. In 2012, her son Dominic died in a motorcycle accident when he was a hit by a truck driven by an unlicensed, uninsured, and unregistered driver who was in the United States illegally. In the wake of losing her only son, Sabine has been a vocal critic of our immigration system and has lobbied the federal government to defund sanctuary cities that do not actively search, prosecute, or detain unauthorized immigrants.
Jamiel Shaw, Immigration Reform Advocate
On March 2, 2008, Jamiel Shaw’s son, Jamiel Andre’ Shaw, II (Jas), was murdered while returning home from the Beverly Center Mall in Los Angeles, California. The shooter was a gang member in the United States illegally. He had been released from jail less than 24 hours before he killed Jas, even though there was a deportation hold on him. In honor of Jas’s life, Jamiel Sr. has worked tirelessly to raise awareness about our broken immigration system.
U.S. Representative Michael McCaul (TX-10)
U.S. Rep. Michael T. McCaul is currently serving his sixth term representing Texas’ 10th District in the United States House of Representatives. During his tenure, McCaul has developed a strong track record of fighting for lower taxes and less government spending. He serves as Chairman of the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee.
David Clarke, Sheriff of Milwaukee County
David Clarke is the sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. He began his career in law enforcement with the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD). In 1992, he was promoted to lieutenant of detectives, and in 1996, he earned a promotion to captain of police and became part of the department’s command staff. As captain, Clarke was responsible for the department’s First Division, and in 1999, he became commanding officer of the MPD’s Intelligence Division.
U.S. Representative Sean Duffy (WI-7)
U.S. Representative Sean Duffy serves Wisconsin’s 7th District. Duffy is married to Rachel Campos-Duffy, whom he met while appearing on MTV’s hit television show The Real World, and the couple now has eight children. In Congress, Duffy is working to reduce government spending, lower taxes, promote individual freedom, and limit government intrusion.
Darryl Glenn, El Paso County Commissioner
County Commissioner Darryl Glenn is the current Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Colorado, running to defeat incumbent U.S. Senator Michael Bennet in the general election this fall. Glenn won the Republican nomination with 37.5% of the vote in a crowded primary field.
U.S. Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas)
For nearly five years, Cotton served as an infantry officer in the U.S. Army. He completed two combat tours, serving in Iraq with the 101st Airborne and in Afghanistan. Upon returning home, Cotton worked for McKinsey & Co. and served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives. In 2015, he was elected to the U.S. Senate, where he represents the state of Arkansas.
Karen Vaughn, Mother of fallen U.S. Navy SEAL
Karen Vaughn is the mother of fallen U.S. Navy SEAL Aaron Carson Vaughn (SEAL Team VI). On August 6, 2011, Aaron was killed in action in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan when a chopper (call sign Extortion 17) carrying thirty Americans was shot from the sky while rushing into battle. Over the past four years, Karen has emerged as a powerful spokeswoman for American forces fighting on foreign soil and securing peace across the globe.
U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)
U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions is serving his third term representing the people of Alabama. A senior member of the Armed Services Committee and the Budget Committee, he is also a member of the Judiciary Committee and chairman of its subcommittee on Immigration and National Interest. A strong advocate for securing the border, Sessions was the first U.S. Senator to endorse Donald Trump and has acted as a liaison between the Trump campaign and Capitol Hill.
Rudy Giuliani, Former Mayor of New York City
Giuliani was wrapping up his second term in office when New York City was attacked on September 11, 2001. Immediately following the attack, Giuliani coordinated rescue operations that saved as many as 20,000 lives. Because of his strong leadership in the aftermath of September 11th, Americans came to see him as a voice of reassurance and consolation during an uncertain time.
Melania Trump, Businesswoman and Wife of Donald Trump
Melania married Donald Trump in January 2005. In March 2006 they had their first child, Barron William Trump. Born on April 26, 1970 in Slovenia, Melania Knauss began her modeling career at the age of sixteen. At the age of eighteen, she signed with a modeling agency in Milan. After obtaining a degree in design and architecture at University in Slovenia, Melania was jetting between photo shoots in Paris and Milan, finally settling in New York in 1996. Melania is dedicated to helping others, and her generosity has been noted. She was Honorary Chairwoman for Martha Graham Dance Company in April 2005; is an active member of the Police Athletic League which honored her with Woman of the Year 2006; has been an Honorary Chairwoman for The Boy’s Club of New York for five consecutive years; and in 2005, the American Red Cross awarded her with Goodwill Ambassador, which she has proudly served for four years. In April of 2008, Melania was asked by Love Our Children USA and NASDAQ to participate in the Fifth Annual National Love Our Children Day and the beginning of National Child Abuse Prevention month by ringing the closing bell at NASDAQ.
Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, U.S. Army (ret.)
Lieutenant General Michael T. Flynn has spent his entire life and career serving his country. He served in various command and staff positions in the U.S. Army and as Assistant Director of National Intelligence for Partner Engagement before becoming Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency on July 24, 2012. During his time in the Army, Lieutenant General Flynn held high-ranking leadership posts at the Joint Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command. He served in both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst has dedicated her life to Iowa and her country, having served in the military for over 23 years and now in the United States Senate. In November 2014, Ernst was elected as the first woman to serve in federal elected office from the State of Iowa and also became the first female combat veteran elected to serve in the United States Senate.
Jason Beardsley, CEO of The Underground Movement
Jason Beardsley serves as CEO of The Underground Movement, a company that designs custom graphic t-shirts inspired by well-known and forgotten American heroes. Jason is a decorated military veteran with a combined 22 years of experience in the Army and Navy.
U.S. Representative Ryan Zinke (MT)
Congressman Ryan Zinke is currently serving the state of Montana’s at-large district in the United States House of Representatives. A former Navy SEAL, Zinke spent 23 years serving our country and fighting for America before entering public office. Continuously focused on giving back to the community that he grew up in, Zinke has used his time in office to push for improving the VA, reforming management of federal lands, preserving the future of family farming and ranching, and defending the Constitution.
27. Breitbart has a look at Ken Cuccinelli’s destroyed political career after trying to change the rules and steal the nomination from Trump.
28. This was a good read from the other day in the New York Times, about how the Trump family chose Mike Pence to be VP. It has an air of authenticity to it. Seems like this is how it all went down.
29. Keep hearing from people all over who are so excited to see Paul Ryan lose his seat and be Cantored. Really hope this happens.
30. While waiting for tonight’s speeches to start, checking out CSPAN’s archives. This is a truly incredible resource. I completely forgot that all of this was here and available to all. If you are like me and don’t have tee-vee, CSPAN is a wonderful way to follow live events.
31. This was strange: Stephen Colbert dressed up in a blue wig and did some kind of unfunny guerrilla-comedy stunt at the RNC. He was nearly pushed down the stairs by a guy in a suit. Was it staged? I sometimes forget that Stephen Colbert still has a show.
32. Are we poised to have a violent summer like the 1960s? Will the Democrats’ convention in Philly be a hellhole like the DNC in Chicago in 1968?
[Cleveland has a terrific police force of brave and civic-minded men and women who take the protect and serve oath seriously. Best cops in the whole world working hard to make sure RNC goes off without a hitch. THANK YOU to all of them!]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Just for fun, during this presidential election keep track of all the cliches that the Media will use. It’s already started, but I am now keeping track in a little notebook that I will save for the next election as well…so I don’t just have to rely on my memory from 2012 and 2008. I’m hearing the same things that these people always say, because I don’t think the talking heads know anything else to say. They just read the same lines over and over again. Some of the ones I’ve noticed:
* Republicans don’t have a ground game and don’t have ground operations. Do you ever wonder about why they say this every single time? Did they say that in 2000 and 2004 and earlier? I only noticed them doing this for the first time in 2008…and they also did it in the 2010, 2012, and 2014 elections. They keep saying that Republicans have no ground game. So, either that’s not true and they just like to say it or Republicans are stupid for not fixing that. What I wonder is if they mean that Republicans don’t give out street money or fund community organizers or entities like ACORN in urban areas that Democrats fund: is this what they mean by ground game? What they call “Get out the vote” efforts in urban areas translates just to thugs coming door to door to threaten people if they don’t vote Democrat. That’s what it’s like here in Chicago. The Alderman have thugs that they use to muscle people. They come around with lists and a special pen that can write in red or blue. The thugs demand to know who you are voting for and if you answer wrong you get an indelible mark, which means if you ever need anything from the Alderman you are screwed. Your street will be the last plowed in winter. Your garbage won’t be picked up. No one in your family will ever get a city job. Etc. Is this kind of thuggery the “ground game” that the Media always says Republicans don’t have?
* America has been transformed demographically and Republicans can never win another election. James Carville likes to say this, but is this true? If so, why bother having any more elections if Democrats can’t lose. But, Democrats lost big in 2010 and 2014. Democrats won in 2008 and 2012 because both John McCain and Mitt Romney wimped out and gave up at the end. Donald Trump sure doesn’t seem like someone who is going to wimp out and give up. The other thing that interests me is the fact that while Democrats have succeeded in importing a great number of Third World colonists whom Democrats count on always voting Democrat, these different identity blocs do not assimilate when they get here and they instead form their own little colonies. This will ultimately Balkanize our country, resulting in a Tribal War of some kind. Hispanics do not have the white guilt that blacks count on to get whatever they want from white people. The tension between blacks and Hispanics will keep growing as Spanish-speaking colonists keep taking jobs that used to go to blacks in urban areas. At some point, why would blacks keep voting Democrat if Democrats are the party of bringing in more Spanish-speakers? At some point, the tension between blacks and Hispanics will result in blacks and Hispanics having to be on opposite sides of the political aisle. Gays will not want to be on the opposite side of blacks because gays like feeling special and value-sharing by saying they support and stand with blacks. So many interesting things are in store for Democrats with these “transformative” demographic changes that Ted Kennedy set in motion in 1965. None of this is going to work out for them the way that they think it will, simply because of the fact that blacks and Hispanics have to compete for jobs and benefits in urban areas and there can be no harmony as tribalism ramps up between these two groups. The Media harps about white people becoming a minority and being irrelevant…but we are a country that is dictated at the moment by the Spanish-speaking minority (with blacks shunted to the side). The Media assumes that since black people hate white people (due to Hollywood constantly pumping out grievance and victim mongering movies to brainwash black people into believing they have to always hate white people) that blacks will naturally team up with Hispanics…but Central and South American cultures despise blacks. All of these Third World colonists being brought in by the Left have an ingrained hatred of black people…which is a bill that will come due for Democrats in the near future. If all the Media prognostication is true and Hispanics take over the country and America becomes a Latino nation in the future, that’s going to be a very bad world for black people. They will not only lose jobs and benefits…but in that new tribal world they will not be able to use guilt over Hispanics to get what they want the way they do with white people. If white people are indeed destined to go extinct due to suicidal altruism and politically correct foolishness, then white people’s replacement by Spanish-speakers from the Third World is a real doomsday scenario for blacks. How long can the Democrat party survive with that kind of internal conflict? It’s Democrats that are the party that will collapse within our lifetime, not Republicans. At some point, a party just for Spanish-speakers will emerge that will split Democrats in two…leaving only blacks, gays, and other niche identity blocs with Democrats. But the Muslims that the Democrats aggressively import as colonists will continue to attack and kill gays, which at some point could make gays stop supporting Democrats as well (once gays see that the people who really want them dead are not Christians but are instead Muslims). You could go on all day with this identity-bloc conflict stuff and see that on so many levels the coalition that make up the Democrat party are the most volatile. Republicans have in their ranks people who want freedom from big government and who love America. I think Trump will go a long way towards getting more people than ever before in history to see that the Republican party has something to offer them while Democrats are just about identity politics and divisive special interests.
* Hillary Clinton can’t lose and Donald Trump can’t win. The logic on this one is that because McCain lost in 2008 and Romney lost in 2012 that Trump must lose in 2016. What they forget to mention is that back in 2008 one of the arguments that the Media used to push Obama over Hillary was that the Media claimed that Hillary could not win the general election, but Obama could because people wanted to make history with the first black president. Well, all that history was made and is now history…and Americans are not excited and have never been excited about the first female president. That’s something that we could never overcome back in 2008 the first time that Hillary ran and her campaign (which I think is poorly run) didn’t figure out a way to address here in 2016. Women hate other women for the most part and somehow between 2008 and the present Hillary managed to get a lot of gay guys to openly hate her and pine for Bernie Sanders. I’m not sure how the heck that happened. I have never met many straight men who are into Hillary, even those who claim to be dyed in the wool Democrats. People do not like how many lies she tells and they are very upset over the FBI non-indictment and entitlement. It’s all so much worse than in 2008, when people then were only mad that she didn’t divorce Bill. Now they are angry with her for reasons that actually have legitimate bearing on her competence and character as a leader. They no longer hate her for things her husband did but now hate her for things that she herself did. That’s a huge change. As for Trump, we finally have a presidential candidate who is giving America the Bullworth moment that the country has long craved. They will finally get the chance to vote for a Republican ticket that offers a clear contrast to Democrats. And they have the chance to vote for someone with testosterone and optimism and zeal for life, instead of the anemic Wonder Bread and mayonnaise likes of John McLame and Mittens Romney. Americans are a kickass people who are bold and love giving an F-U to people who deserve it. Why on earth would they not vote for Trump, no matter what they tell pollsters?
2. I think pundits like David Frum should be ashamed of themselves with how they are behaving in Cleveland. Last night, I saw Frum complaining that he didn’t like the welcome that Cleveland put on for conventioneers. He didn’t think it was fancy or grande enough for his liking. When Frum stepped off the airplane in Cleveland, he wanted to be Elizabeth Taylor entering Rome in Cleopatra. He didn’t think the welcome signs were big enough or that Clevelanders didn’t drop to their knees and kiss his feet when he arrived. I think this is such shameful behavior. Contrast that with the wonderful coverage that Greta van Susteren is giving from Cleveland…where she is grateful for the show that the city is putting on. A city that Greta knows does not have a lot of money; a city that is NOT Chicago or New York or Boston or other places that have deep pockets and all sorts of fancy things. Coming to Cleveland for the convention is like going to dinner at your elderly aunt’s house who is on a fixed income. You cannot expect filet mignon in cognac sauce with lobster and caviar appetizers and fresh cut flowers waiting for you at the door to welcome you. Your elderly aunt can’t afford that on her social security. Don’t be an ass like David Frum. Be a good guest. Be grateful like Greta is. Appreciate Cleveland for what it is and how hard Clevelanders worked for many years to welcome you with open arms. I really think David Frum is despicable for how he’s behaving. I hope you agree and shame him for it. He deserves it.
3. I really am so proud of all Cleveland accomplished in getting ready for the Convention. The visuals are stunning to me. It’s pure joy to see all the buildings I grew up with polished and sparkling. Our Public Square has never looked so great…completely rebuilt and redesigned for the RNC. Every shot is picture-postcard worthy. The Cleveland Police have been spectacular, being assertive and common-sense practical and at the same time respecting the public and its civil rights. I will never have children so I won’t ever know what a sense of pride is like that and I’m not a sportsball fan so I don’t know what it’s like when a team I root for wins a big game…but I am loving every second of the pride I feel seeing Cleveland in the spotlight. Though I will never live there again as my life has taken me further away, I love being from Cleveland. I love that Cleveland is home. Yesterday, I was at an event here in Chicago and someone asked me where I was from and I said Cleveland and his eyes lit up and he said, “That’s quite a town. Big week for you guys. You’re hitting a home run so far.” My heart soared at that. Cleveland is wowing just about everyone besides the odious David Frum. I am so proud of Clevelanders. They worked incredibly hard for this week to happen. For Cleveland, this is the biggest event they will ever produce…and they are doing a better job than Rio will do with the Olympics. I never even knew there was such a thing as happy tears, but seeing shots of Cleveland in the news for the Conventions makes me tear up. I feel like that woman at the end of Officer & A Gentleman who shouts, “Way to go, Paula! Way to go!” because she can’t help herself…as Debra Winger and Richard Gere have their show-stopping and hard-earned moment in the spotlight. Way to go, Cleveland. Way to go!
What else is on your mind today?
See What: the new Ghostbusters movie, in theaters 7/15/16
Say Why: worth your valuable time
Ticket price in Chicago: $11.25 at AMC River 21 downtown (worth seeing in theater)
Would I see it again: YES…and would pay to see it in a theater again. Justin and I will actually probably go see it in the theater that is a restaurant too, where you can order dinner and there are waiters to bring you food during the movie. We almost never go to that place because it’s so expensive…but Ghostbusters would be fun to see there for a treat.
Not sure if you’ve heard, but there’s a new Ghostbusters movie out that upset all kinds of people for some reason that makes little sense to me. And then Sony, the studio that made the movie, listened to some terrible PR advice and came out swinging at the people who were upset for no reason…accusing them of being sexist (which is such Alinsky foolishness, second only to false cries of RAYCISS! whenever the Left wants to take irrational punches at someone). It became a big, unfortunate, ugly mess that captivated the Interwebs for a while. Lots of click-bait articles were vomited out by monkeys pounding keyboards either shouting SEXISM! or YOU DESTROYED MY CHILDHOOD! or some other such nonsense. It all made as much sense to me as #NeverTrump.
Personally, I can’t get enough fun movies about ghosts. Spooky comedies are something that I love…not horror comedies, but spooky comedies. I love supernatural movies with ghosts in them (like the original Ghostbusters movies) and movies that are fun to watch around Halloween, such as the Goosebumps movie that came out last year. I wish the spooky comedy genre was something that Hollywood did more of or that we lived in a parallel dimension where it was the only kind of movie ever made. I would love a Hallmark Halloween channel of endless movies like this, where no blood is spilled and the supernatural elements are fun, funny, and also scary from time to time. It’s fun to spend most of the movie laughing, intrigued by the supernatural presence, and then jumping in your seat from time to time. These are really great date movies with the right guy, because you get to comfort him when he is scared but also laugh and enjoy yourself instead of being grossed out by horror. If I wanted to see blood and gore, I would have gone to med school…or moved to Detroit.
Below the “MORE” thing you have to click, I will discuss what I thought of the new Ghostbusters movie, so if you don’t want those spoilers, then stop reading and bookmark for later. I loved the movie but don’t think it was perfect. I give it an A- and think it could have easily been an A+ if they had used practical effects instead of generic video-game quality CGI…but let’s get real and admit that particular pixelated ship has sailed and every movie made now and forever will always look like a video game because people in Hollywood think CGI is fantastic. Maybe we all live inside a video game now and just don’t realize it (which would explain a lot).
Read the rest of this entry »
COUP IN CHICAGO SUBURBS: Police Chief Tim McCarthy Takes Over Village, Declares Himself Village Manager
[Click above to embiggen: Orland Park Police Chief Timothy J. McCarthy is written about extensively in our book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Declared on the First Amendment due to his use of police harassment to silence criticism and chill participation in local government.]
A police chief with a sorry history of using police resources to harass the public and abridge First Amendment rights has now declared himself to be the new Village Manager in what feels like a coup in the affluent Chicago suburb of Orland Park. By all accounts, this is an unprecedented move, as I can find no other public entity in Illinois where a police chief simultaneously held that post and also took over as Village Manager. Since the Village Manager is supposed to oversee the police chief, this means that McCarthy has declared that he will now be overseeing himself. This feels like tyranny.
By very definition, this means that the people of Orland Park now live in a POLICE STATE, since the person who controls the police force is now the person who controls all local government. This is very un-American and very concerning. No police chief should operate without civilian oversight, especially not a police chief with a documented history of abusing the public.
Timothy J. McCarthy is featured prominently in our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. For several years, McCarthy signed off on a pattern and practice of the Orland Park Police Department harassing Megan Fox and myself as we investigated the Orland Park Public Library for sex crimes that were covered up by library staff in the building and for spending abuses (which included library employees using taxpayer funds to shop at a jewelry store and to treat library board members to $500 steak dinners, seemingly to ensure the trustees always signed off on whatever the public employees wanted).
Because McCarthy is a nationally-known celebrity (he is famous for being the Secret Service agent who was shot in the line of duty in 1981, during the attempt on President Ronald Reagan’s life) he is allowed to do whatever he wants in Illinois. No rules apply to him. If he wants to harass you, dispatch the police officers who work under him to harass you, have the police call you at home to harass you, or bully and threaten you to scare you off exercising your First Amendment rights by passing out political flyers door to door, he will do it and get away with it…because he is Timothy J. McCarthy, the man who took a bullet for Reagan back in 1981. McCarthy is the only police chief in Illinois that I know of who holds autograph signing events; he routinely gives speeches around Orland Park and Illinois talking about Reagan, where people swoon and laud him for taking that bullet in 1981. The consequence of that is clearly that here in 2016 McCarthy is never allowed to be questioned or criticized. Don’t you know who he is? He took a bullet for Reagan! How dare you question him! He can do whatever the hell he wants!
As we wrote in our book, this is how liberty is lost and tyrants are born. Everyone in the world should be grateful for what a Young McCarthy did back in 1981. He was brave. He was shot in the line of duty. He was an excellent Secret Service officer.
But that does not mean this man makes a good police chief…or DICTATOR, which is the only word I can think of for a police chief also being the village manager. When the police take over the government and the police chief becomes the highest authority in a locality, then the local entity is no longer democratically governed. That locality becomes a POLICE STATE…and in this case, it becomes a locality that is run by someone who is never allowed to be questioned or criticized because of who he is as a celebrity.
The Orland Park Police Department violated the law repeatedly and Megan and I had to sue them in chancery court; the police settled for $12,000 and had to produce documents they were hiding that they wanted to keep from us while we were investigating the library. Chief McCarthy was behind all of this. Additionally, important audio that the police had in their possession was mysteriously deleted, so we could not hear what one police officer was saying while speaking with the husband of a library employee as he and the officer were conspiring to take away our First Amendment right to pass out flyers critical of the library’s abusive spending and policy of covering up sex crimes that occurred in the building. We wrote about all of this in our book.
Last year, because of his celebrity status, McCarthy was the first police chief in Illinois to be given a drone to use against the public. Orland Park is a small suburb in southwestern Chicagoland. There appears to be no legitimate reason for Timothy J. McCarthy to have a drone to fly around people’s homes. But, he wanted one. He asked the FAA for one. And because in 1981 he was the Secret Service agent who took a bullet for Reagan, he was given one. Whatever McCarthy wants, McCarthy gets. Don’t you know who he is?
Now, not content with just being in control of his police force and his drone, McCarthy wanted to control the whole town…so he’s the new Village Manager as well as being Police Chief.
Are you okay with this?
Shouldn’t the Village Manager and Police Chief be two separate positions, so that the Village Manager can have oversight over the Police Chief? Local government in America is not supposed to be structured so that the police chief is the most powerful person in the town.
Megan Fox and I witnessed Timothy J. McCarthy and his police officers doing some pretty terrible things over the years, but I never thought he would do something this outrageous. It’s shocking that McCarthy made this power play.
Will the people of Orland Park allow this to stand and allow themselves to be ruled by the head of a police state?
For some reason that vexes me, Donald Trump today officially chose a jar of mayonnaise to be his Vice President. At 40, I know there are things in life that will forever remain a mystery to me and also things that perhaps with some thought I can suss out and understand. It will take a lot of sussing for me to figure out why Trump thought mayonnaise was a good VP pick when there were some really kickass choices available that Trump passed over for Miracle Whip.
1. Trump knew he didn’t need excitement since Trump brings all the excitement possible. McCain needed excited for his lifeless campaign, so he engaged in the super-secret-early-morning reveal of Governor Palin as his VP in 2008 (remember her flight from Alaska, and decoy flights, and all that getting her to Dayton for the big surprise reveal?). Romney was dull-as-dirt in 2012 as well, and for some reason he thought Paul Ryan was exciting, maybe because he was youthful and worked out or whatever. So the lesson is that if you are a boring person, you find someone more exciting for your VP. If you are a once-in-a-generation exciting candidate, you pick someone dull and flavorless and as white as possible as your VP. This worked for Obama when he picked Biden and kept him on in 2012. So, Mike Pence is essentially Trump’s Biden.
2. Hillary Clinton sent out a crazy tweet not long after Trump picked Pence officially. I think this looked desperate on her part. Here, she’s trying to paint mayonnaise as some kind of radical thing. Was this Trump’s genius that I don’t understand? Did he know that whoever he picked the Left would try to paint as some kind of crazed radical villain, like they always do…so he picked the whitest, most boring, meekest Midwesterner he could find? Was that the strategy here…to pick someone whom the Left would obsess over villainizing, but because the guy is totally not a villain they would just waste their energy and look dumb?
3. Is this some kind of trap to trick Hillary into picking a super crazy person who will be a disaster as her VP? If I had to bet, I think that this might be the most likely facet of all this that is not obvious to me right now. Trump has great gut instincts. He’s also proven that he can bait both Hillary and Bill and make them look foolish. Trump just baited and got the better of Ruth Bader Ginsburg and, effectively, completely destroyed her reputation and career in about two days. Trump is really great at psyching people out and messing with them. Is Mike Pence some kind of bait?
My logic on this would be: Trump picks this walking, talking jar of mayonnaise as his VP…and Hillary then feels pressure to go to with something spicy. Maybe with that Julian Castro guy who looks like a lizard, because he speaks some Spanish and for some reason everyone decided that our country has to be completely beholden to Spanish-speakers now. Or, maybe this is a trap to force Hillary to acquiesce to the Left’s demands and take odious Elizabeth Warren as her VP (which Hillary would hate with a passion)? Two white guys would pressure Hillary to respond with two women, especially since Pence looks like he could be a younger version of John McCain (and Democrats are mostly so dumb they would think it was McCain running again). Trump/Miracle Whip could cause Hillary to bring aboard Warren, to have Girl Power versus Trump/Stereotypical Generic Republican. Maybe this is all a trap to empower the people in Hillary’s camp who want Warren or the Castro-Lizard-Creature as VP.
I’m not happy with Trump’s pick. I think Allen West would have made a phenomenal VP, like from an action movie. In light of the fact that Islam struck the West yet again and is likely to attack Berlin or somewhere else soon, I wish Trump had a strong, formidable, testosterone-fueled VP like Allen West. Someone who could be set up to run for president in the future, as West presidency would be pure awesome.
But, now that Trump has made his pick it’s time to pivot and believe that there was some genius in it that Trump saw that we don’t understand. Hillary going nuts so fast over Twitter with that craziness seems to show that maybe Trump is onto something.
But the real test will be to see who Hillary ends up going with now. Odds are, Trump just set something in motion. He’s playing chess. Miracle Whip was a means to an end. He sacrificed picking someone bold and interesting because he has a strategy, and I bet that strategic move was made to trip Hillary up and influence her own VP choice. Maybe this means it’s more likely she picks either the Lizard or Fauxcahontas…either of which will be disastrous for her.
Politics is a series of seemingly never-ending disappointments and what-could-have-beens or should-have-beens. It’s Trump/Pence now. They have the worst logo in the history of political logos. We now have to look at someone who looks too much like John McCain for me to handle. But, Trump got this far by trusting his gut and doing what he wants…and there is no reason to believe that will stop working for him all of a sudden.
I trust this man to go up against Islam and to decimate our politically correct wimpy culture. If he wants a jar of room temperature mayonnaise sitting next to him, then so be it.
We all know Ivanka will be his real shadow VP or Chief of Staff anyway. Which is a good thing.
[Click above to embiggen: the disgusting “truck attack” headlines that the deceitful Media wrote instead of honestly telling people that yet another Muslim went on a murder spree and killed a bunch of Westerners.]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Screengrab and save how Media is reporting on Islam’s latest attack on the West. Look at how almost every media outlet is writing their stories as if the truck sprang to life (like in a Stephen King story) and went on a rampage on its own, with no Muslim driving it. “The truck attacked Nice, France!” No…what had happened was yet another Muslim went on a murder spree in service of his deranged, medievalist death cult and now the Media is trying inventive new ways to hide this information from headlines. The other day when people saw that what Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was crossing a line and entering new territory in terms of misconduct by a SCOTUS member, today really is a line in the sand that the Media has crossed when it comes to intellectual dishonesty. They clearly like to the public. There is no clearer proof than the Media saying “truck crash kills 80 in France,” as if this was a highway accident and not a Muslim deliberately plowing a large vehicle through a crowd of Western families with the intent to murder as many of them as he could. Muslims are monsters, but the Media wants to pretend this isn’t true and bends over backwards to hide the evil things that the monsters do. Imagine if this was a shark attack that killed 80 or more people…but the Media instead wrote headlines that said, “80 people die in ocean.” Is that really what happened? If you read an obituary of someone you know died from cancer, but the obituary said that the person “didn’t wake up one day,” would that be true? Is it permissible for the Media to alter reality in such gross and strange ways? We are into truly George Orwell territory now: this is like Baghdad Bob in Iraq blatantly lying on tee-vee that no US troops were in Iraq (when American tanks were literally rolling right behind him). This is Pravda territory from the old Soviet Union. When a Muslim rams a truck into a crowd and commits vehicular jihad but the Media chooses to run cover for Islam by writing that “people died in a truck crash,” it is like reviewing the movie JAWS but choosing to describe it as a film about people who mysteriously died in the ocean one summer…but no one knows how or why. This is a new low for our corrupt and despicable media. All of these people writing those “truck crash” headlines should be jobless.
2. I’m still profoundly disappointed in Trump allegedly picking Mayonnaise-in-a-Suit Mike Pence to be his VP. I really hope he is reconsidering and does something brash today and tells Pence he’s changed his mind. We are clearly in a war that Islam has declared on the West. Mike Pence has made statements supportive of Muslim colonization efforts. He’s the wrong man for Trump to choose to stand with him on the ticket. Trump needs someone strong and tough, not meek and mousy. A pale, white-haired, John McCain clone is a bad choice, especially one who wants to continue Paul Ryan’s unrestricted importation of Muslim colonists to our shores. I don’t know who got to Trump or what the Cocktail Party did to neuter him, but I’m sick about it. I keep hoping that Mike Pence is just a red herring and a brilliant fake out. It will be heartbreaking if Trump screws the country over by teaming up with such a meek little wimp like Pence. We need Rambo right now. With Pence, we get Bea Arthur. Trump must do better.
3. It’s weird seeing all the Media attention on Cleveland right now. That’s my hometown, though I haven’t lived there in many years. Some of you have asked me for restaurant recommendations and things to do in Cleveland during the RNC convention…but the last time I spent much time in Cleveland was over 10 years ago at this point. There are some places that I loved that are still around and are still excellent, so for those of you who are interested, here are my picks for great food and entertainment that Cleveland has to offer during the convention:
* Mallorca = this is a Spanish Mediterranean restaurant in Cleveland’s Warehouse District. Get the chorizo appetizer and the garlic pork chops for an entree. For dessert, they used to have different sorbets served in carved out fruit (orange sorbet in a hollow orange, pineapple in a carved out pineapple, etc.). Portions are generous and the staff are charming.
* Hyde Park Steak House = In the Tower City complex right on Public Square; restaurant is in an old bank. Great steaks. Garlic mashed potatoes. Bavarian pretzel rolls. It’s a wonderful place.
* Sterle’s Country House = This is a Slovenian restaurant on East 55th, so a drive from downtown. Since Melania Trump is from Slovenia, this is a fun thematic thing to try. Slovenian food is similar to Austrian/German food. Schnitzel. Breaded chicken and pork. Sausages. Things like that. Inside there are gorgeous paintings of Slovenian country scenes. It’s unique. There’s nothing like it in Chicago or anywhere else that I have ever been.
* Hofbrau House = This is a chain, with a Hofbrau House in various cities so it’s not as unique as Sterle’s. But they did a wonderful job building this place. Beer, German food, lots of good times to be had.
* Good Time III and Nautica Queen = These are boats on which you can take a cruise of Lake Erie and the Cuyahoga River. The Good Time III is a river cruise with some time on the lake; the Nautica is a dinner/lunch cruise on the lake. I used to love doing these cruises when I lived in Cleveland. It’s very pretty out on the water.
* Rock and Roll Hall of Fame = I don’t know what to say about this place. It’s there. Cleveland worked hard to win the rights to it. But all these years after they built it I still don’t see the point to it. It’s a really interested building that looks like it’s a record player built on the water. But inside the exhibits look like they took department store mannequins and put rock star those on them. I suppose you can’t go to Cleveland without seeing this the way that you can’t come to Chicago without going to the Sears/Willis Tower…but it’s EXPENSIVE to get inside this place. I think it should be $10 for what they have to offer, but instead they charge almost $25. I think that’s a ripoff. If I was you, I would just go into the lobby, take some pictures, take pictures outside, and then have a picnic in the cute little Voinovich Park that’s there.
* Cleveland Metroparks Zoo = It’s a short drive from the city and a zoo that is worth seeing just for the new elephants exhibit. You’ve never seen anything like this. Even Disney doesn’t have anything this nice at Animal Kingdom. They have a whole African village recreated, where elephants move from one side to the other in a migration throughout the day. They also have a gorgeous North American exhibit with wolves and other woodland creatures, setup to look like you are in an old frontier cabin. There is a big rainforest building too that is pretty spectacular. Instead of going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I think the zoo in Cleveland is much more fun.
* Cleveland Museum of Art = We have a fantastic Art Museum in Cleveland. Even though I haven’t lived there in years, I still say “we” because I have such an affinity for this place. I spent so much time there as a kid. I think it’s better than the Art Institute in Chicago.
* Garfield’s Tomb = President Garfield is entombed in Cleveland. He has an impressive tower-like mausoleum in Lake View Cemetery near Cleveland’s Little Italy. If you climb the tower, there is an incredible view of downtown. Then you could go have lunch in one of the restaurants in Little Italy. There, you will find 24-hour bakeries where you can get hot cherry donuts any time you want. I miss those.
* The Cleveland Public Library on Superior = If you have an hour or two to kill, you should go into the Cleveland Public Library right on Superior Avenue. It’s right in the heart of where everything convention related is happening. It’s a gorgeous palace of a library with murals everywhere and a reading garden designed by Maya Lin (who designed the Vietnam Wall in DC). Inside the library, on the second or third floor, there is a hidden room of treasures: suits of armor, rare books, other curios. Another floor has a giant globe. It’s an impressive place with lots of art, frescoes, sculptures, etc. I think it’s a nice place to spend some hours just enjoying being in Cleveland. I wrote about this very library in my book with Megan Fox, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment (though I used it as an example of a GOOD library, not one where bad things were happening like in Orland Park, Illinois).
* The Lobby Lounge bar at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel = If you want to spot anyone famous, your best chance will be in the bar at the Ritz-Carlton. They often have either a harpist or a piano player playing. They serve all sorts of fun martinis and have a nice selection of food too. There are few fancy hotels in Cleveland. It’s pretty much the Ritz. So anyone important will be staying at the Ritz. If you want to bump into someone famous in town for the convention, your best chance will be in the Lobby Lounge at the Ritz because they will no doubt be hanging out there after the convention events.
Since I moved away, Cleveland constructed a casino but I’ve never been inside. So much has changed since I was last back home. If anyone wants more specifics on fun ideas, please ask in comments…but with all the convention events I can’t imagine you will have much sightseeing or free time. Cleveland has a gorgeous public square downtown laid out on a grid system. It’s easy to get around. Hard to get lost. The concierge at every hotel will be nice and knowledgeable. Clevelanders have been waiting years to be in the spotlight so they will help you and show you where to have a good time and will take good care of you. They will be proud to show off their city to you and welcome you to town. Just don’t expect the amenities of Chicago or New York. Cleveland is its own thing: a small town with skyscrapers that used to be a big city until Democrats ruined it, but is hanging on by the skin of its teeth and wants to impress you.
That’s how you should see it. Remember that Cleveland is a place that Jay Leno and David Letterman used to make fun of nonstop, though I never understood why. I love my home town and always will. I hope you love it too while you are there for the convention (or watching on the tee-vee).
What else is on your mind today?
A brilliant new book tackles Islamic colonization of the West in the way that George Orwell’s Animal Farm allegorized the looming threat of communist infiltration and conquest of Europe back in its day. The book DOMINO by Kia Heavey (available on Amazon in both paperback and Kindle) continues Orwell’s trope of ostensibly setting a fantasy tale on a farm with talking animals…but the book actually teaches political lessons while using these animal characters.
In Domino, Heavey invents a world contained on a small farm, where the animals have a happy existence until a charismatic critter comes to town and starts preaching a new gospel of multiculturalism and acceptance and tolerance of newcomers. This is the same doctrine of suicidal altruism that has been infecting the West for decades, where Westerners are taught that their native countries should cease to exist, borders should be erased, and the cultures of the Third World should be aggressively imported in the name of multi-culti DIVERSITY. Every Western nation is now supposed to be like EPCOT center at Walt Disney World, with little colonies established by Third Worlders to push out and replace demographically the European nationalities that existed (or still exist) there.
When people move from one place to another and refuse to assimilate to the new culture and become part of a melting pot, they are not immigrants but they are instead colonists. It is foolish to ever call these people “refugees” or “migrants” when they are in fact colonists. What is happening to the West right now is an aggressive period of colonization, where the developed countries of the world are allowing themselves to be colonized by dysfunctional Third World cultures that intend to usurp and supplant the Western societies that have always existed in these lands. Idiots in the West feel good about themselves for being enlightened enough to throw open the gates and invite these colonists in, not being intelligent enough to realize that once the colonists numerically outnumber the natives that the colonists will take over and eradicate the natives. Countries like Sweden, France, and the Netherlands will no doubt be the first to go. Muslims in particular do not intend to ever assimilate or give up their dysfunctional, medieval ways and join the 21st Century already in progress. They intend instead to plant their flags, build their mosques, breed, and bit by bit takeover the territories surrounding their colonies.
In Heavey’s book, a farm is overrun by colonizing rats. The cats and other farm animals who have called the farm home for generations are taught by their betters that it is good to allow the rats to come in and take over, because resisting the rats’ colonization would be bad. It is much more polite and it proves how enlightened someone is if they just allow the rats to come in and take over and do whatever the rats want. It is good that the rats will eat all the food. It is good that the rats demand that everyone now do what the rats say and live how the rats want to live. It is good that everything is upended and destroyed and dismantled with the arrival of the rats. Anyone resisting the rats is bad and is guilty of thoughtcrimes.
Transplanting this madness onto a farm setting is the perfect way to distill just how insane suicidal altruism really is. Every Westerner should have to read Domino. The Left makes it a thoughtcrime (Islamophobia!) to speak the truth about what Muslim colonization is doing to Europe. The media willfully ignores how Muslims have effectively taken over large swaths of major European cities and turned them into no-go zones. Whole regions of Sweden and France are hellholes now, much like what the rats in Domino did to what used to be an idyllic and halcyon farm. The rats contribute nothing culturally. They do no work. They make no advances for society. The rats are instead a retrograde and regressive force: they are harbingers of chaos, destruction, starvation, depletion, and ruin.
Domino’s titular protagonist is a brave farm cat who has enough of the suicidal altruism insanity and puts his foot (or should I say, paw) down. He rallies his fellow farm natives against the colonization effort and shows more bravery and fortitude than any of the embarrassing fops in European politics. This brave little cat has the courage of a lion…and in the face of his truth-telling, the rats and their enablers have little chance.
The Left is very adroit at its messaging and has succeeded in keeping many Westerners quiet about the Islamic colonization effort because the media paints anyone speaking the truth about Islam as an Islamophobe. Also, Muslims have frightened Westerners who speak the truth, with Muslim attacks on journalists, cartoonists, and pundits who call out Islam’s colonization efforts.
After Islam attacked a gay bar in Orlando, Florida this summer I, as a gay man myself, decided it’s time to be as brave as the cat in Domino. If Western culture and Western way of life is worth anything, it should be preserved and the colonization of the West by Islam and others in the Third World should be stopped. The first step towards stopping it and undoing the damage already done is to be brave enough to talk openly about what is happening. We can no longer be afraid that Muslims will kill everyone who speaks out. The media aggressively works to downplay events every time Islam kills Westerners. You will never see any gay publications or groups like the Human Rights Campaign ever speak out against Islam’s continued murdering of gay men worldwide. As a gay man, I am horrified by the fact that the people who claim to support gay rights in the US or even in Russia (and wanted to boycott Russia two years ago over LGBTQAI issues) remain silent when it comes to Islam’s barbaric beheadings, stonings, and murder-by-tossing-gay-men-off-buildings. That last one is so horrific there isn’t even a word in English for that. I’m sure there’s at least one in Arabic though (and likely more than that, like the multitudinous Eskimo words for “snow”).
One quiet way you can help undermine the Left’s media embargo on the truth about Islam is to read Domino and start passing it around to all your friends. Tweet about it. Ask your local library to carry the book. Get it into the hands of high school and college students. Start making them think about whether or not Western nations and Western cultures have a right to exist and endure (like the happy farm animals before the rats started colonizing) or if Western society needs to submit and succumb to Islamic colonization and domination via multiculturalism and demographic jihad.
If Islam conquers the world, as a gay man I know I will be a dead man. Which means if I say nothing as this colonization keeps happening, then I will be a dead man. Orlando proved that as a gay man if I ignore what’s happening with Islam’s conquest of the West that I could go out to a bar one night and be a dead man.
Domino gave me the courage to speak out (and risk being a dead man for doing so). I hope you read it and find your own courage too…because the West needs to speak out against the invading rats and their colonization in as loud of a voice as possible.
[Hoping that this isn’t true and it’s all a practical joke or something. I can’t think of a worse VP for Trump. What did they do to Trump and who got to him to force Pence to be the VP? Shaking my head.]
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Trying to wrap my head around the notion that Donald Trump has somehow been bullied or forced to take mayonnaise-in-a-suit Mike Pence as his VP. As I understand it, Pence was manufactured in the same factory that produced John McCain, Mitt Romney, Jon Huntsman, John Thune, and other dull-as-dirt establishment types like that. Donald Trump picking Mike Pence as his VP is like Rodney Dangerfield co-starring with Jessica Tandy in a buddy picture. Maybe some of you would like that, but I don’t know how a marriage like that would work. Rodney needs to be Rodney…and people like Rodney for being Rodney. Jessica Tandy had her own thing, which people liked or didn’t like…but no one ever stood in line for hours or beat down the door to see Fried Green Tomatoes (which I happened to enjoy). Rodney Dangerfield walked into a room and the whole room stopped, even people who thought he was crass and obnoxious and loud. He was an American institution. He was larger than life. He was Trump. The fact that I can so easily liken Mike Pence to an octogenarian actress best known for sitting quietly in the back of a car or demurely eating tomatoes illustrates how odd a pairing this is.
2. Is the Mike Pence as VP thing just an elaborate practical joke? That’s seriously the hope I am clinging to this afternoon as I type this. My stomach feels sick and deflated. I feel like being a kid and looking forward to Christmas, only a few days before I find the presents hidden in the closet and it’s not any of the things from the Sears catalog that I had been pining for. I wanted the big Thundercats Cats-Lair play set with laser-cannon and trapdoor and action sounds…and instead I’m getting Smurfs Colorforms and maybe an Etch-a-Sketch. I had always expected Donald Trump to pick someone blow-the-doors-off-the-hinges AMAZING as VP…but according to Matt Drudge, Trump is saying F-U to everyone and giving us Colorform cut-out Mike Pence instead. I guess it could be worse. But, I still hold-out hope that Trump is like my parents back in the 1980s…where they were sneaky and did the best president of all someplace ingenious that I could never find…so that on Christmas morning I was surprised with something better than I ever imagined, after the fake-out of the other stuff. Is Trump that bold and creative? Is he really just faking us all out today with this dull-as-dirt Mike Pence VP tease…only to set the stage for massive mind-blowing tomorrow! Boy do I hope so. If not, then someone has gotten to Trump and has told him to stop being Trump and start being Mitt Romney and/or John McCain and/or Bob Dole and that it is time for him to stop winning and start doing meek and mousy things to lose to the Democrat because that’s what George Soros or whoever wants and the Chamber of Commerce agrees. I just hate that thought.
3. Yesterday I spotted the first groups of people around Chicago lost in space and playing that #PokemonGO. They were wandering around at night in parts of town where I don’t especially think it is safe to be out at night unless you are paying attention. My boyfriend Justin was once almost mugged when he was listening to music on his phone at this intersection near us. When he was waiting for the light to change, a thug on a bike road by and tried snatching Justin’s phone; he only saved it because the earphones’ cord kept the thief (a “youth” of course, targeting gay men for robbing) from yoinking it. Justin then had to run away before he got a beating (for being audacious enough not to let the “youth” take what he wanted from a white guy in Chicago). At this same intersection, I saw gay guys wandering around looking for Pokemon characters, absorbed into little worlds on their phones. SO MANY MUGGINGS are going to happen in Chicago because of this game. It’s encouraging people to go places that are not safe late at night and to not pay any attention when they are out and about. This is the dumbest thing ever. But it is taking the city by STORM and is the most popular thing I’ve seen come along in a great while. It is a full-on fad now. People are already obsessed. Just watch for creative criminals to start luring idiots to their deaths using this game.
What else is on your minds today?
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Drudge Report is really pushing hard for Mike Pence to be Trump’s VP. Today there was also a report on Twitter that Trump is at Pence’s home in Indiana today. I’ve always thought that Mike Pence looked too much like John McCain for me to ever want to deal with. He could be McCain’s son. He also looks like Blake Carrington from Dynasty, which you would think would win him points in my book since I’m gay and, hello, DYNASTY. I’ve never liked Mike Pence though. I’m sure he’s a lovely man…but he’s too straight out of central casting for “generic Republican,” like you’d see in any bad movie or tee-vee show. I’ve wanting Trump to pick a black woman or black man for his VP because I believe that will drive the Left bonkers…and would give blacks (who shamelessly color-vote based on the skin of a candidate running for office) a reason to vote Republican for the first time in their lives. Mia Love or Allen West would have been my top VP picks for Trump. But, thinking about Pence and his generic Republican-ness…maybe he does add something to a Trump ticket. Trump himself brings lots of color and energy and he’s driving the Left bonkers all on his own. He clearly does not need the classic “attack dog” VP because Trump relishes delivering his own scathing attacks and is no shrinking violet. Maybe it’s smart to pair him with someone like Pence, who people have a hard time saying anything bad about. I’ve never liked Pence and all I can say bad about him is that he looks like a more handsome clone of McCain or that he could have been played by John Forsythe in a movie. Seeing him next to Trump, I think he makes the Trump campaign look more serious and it gives the appearance that Trump wants to win…and more so than that he wants to govern after winning. By all accounts, Pence is a competent governor and if he could deliver Indiana to Trump then he might have influence in bringing Ohio over too. Winning the Midwest and Pennsylvania would be key to a Trump victory. So this might be a smart way for Trump to go.
2. Target is legitimately not a place for women or families to shop. If you shop at Target, you need to stop. What Target has done is unconscionable, because Target has essentially sent out a message to the freak and pervert community that Target is a place that will willfully look the other way and allow sexual crimes to happen there, all in the name of diversity. When any place telegraphs that it will allow perverts to come there and will not call the police when they infringe on or violate other people’s rights, it’s a recipe for disaster. Megan Fox and I encountered exactly this with the Orland Park Public Library, which we wrote about in our new book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In our example, the Library staff let it be known that they do not call the police when men masturbate at the computers in that library and they would not even call the police when men were accessing child pornography on the computers. They openly made it clear that they would look the other way and allow sex crimes to keep happening in that library. Female staff who had a problem with this were told they should quit if they did not like working in a sexually hostile work environment. Do you know what happened? The Orland Park Public Library became the place that creeps and perverts knew they could go to and do whatever they wanted and that staff would not call the police. As documented in our book, this led to the Orland Park Public Library having regular incidents of sex crime that were not talking place in other libraries…because the creeps and perverts knew they could do things in Orland Park that they would be arrested for in other communities. Orland Park then became synonymous with sex crimes and is a national laughingstock and butt of jokes because of that. This is exactly what Target has done to itself: it is telegraphing that if you are someone who wants to do things that would not be accepted in other stores, that you are invited by Target to go and do these things in their stores and they won’t call the police on you. It is an open invitation for lewd behavior, voyeurism, etc. because Target has stated that it won’t be protecting women and families…just like the Orland Park Public Library stated that it wouldn’t protect women or families.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg should resign from the Supreme Court immediately. She has embarrassed herself and permanently damaged the reputation of the SCOTUS. For good reason, Americans have lost faith in our government because so many institutions have proven to be undeserving of the public’s trust in recent years. The IRS is clearly a political weapon being used against the Left’s enemies and it should be disbanded. The FBI just recently proved that it has no legitimacy and that it serves as a Palace Guard for the Left, picking and choosing which Americans the law applies to and which ones are too powerful or prominent to be prosecuted. Our government feels like that of the old Soviet Union at this point, where the favored elite skate by and do whatever they wish and we the plebeians are subject to the draconian oppression of the state whenever the state chooses to use the system against us. Ruth Bader Ginsburg should be ashamed of herself by making this situation worse, since now the SCOTUS appears to be taking punches in the political fray as well. We all knew that at least 4 of the remaining 7 Justices are far-Left in their worldviews…but until Ginsburg did this we could at least pretend that they were professional and hope that in certain circumstances they would put their personal feelings aside and respect the history and importance of the SCOTUS being impartial (however much of a fantasy that is). Ginsburg cannot be trusted to come within 100 feet of any case that in any way relates to the Trump campaign or presidency. She must resign immediately. We as a nation also need to take a hard look at the lifetime appointments of these Justices. Ginsburg should be used as a strong argument for term limits and age cut-offs for service on the SCOTUS. There should both be a term-limit for SCOTUS appointments and also a mandatory retirement age. Appoint a Justice for a single 10 year term, with mandatory retirement at 75. 10 years would be more than any president could ever serve in the Oval. There should also be a mechanism to remove a Justice who makes political remarks like Ginsburg just did that cross a line the way that she has done.
What else is on your mind today?