This is colonization.
Tearing down one flag and replacing it with another. In this case, Third World colonists tearing down the American flag and replacing it with Mexico’s flag.
They are asserting that they are creating a Mexican colony in the United States with this act. Western countries around the world are being colonized by the Third World and Islam because the politically correct regime we’ve lived under for the last few decades has made it a thoughtcrime to state the obvious: that the most powerful nations that have ever existed are being colonized and slowly conquered by dysfunctional cultures because of an epidemic of suicidal altruism amongst the West.
Suicidal altruism is staying quiet when you are being colonized and when criminals from other lands defiantly ignore the laws of this country because they know that Americans have become too mousy to stand up for anything (or to anyone).
It’s time for the mice to roar again and say enough of the colonization efforts. Enough of the Mexican flag raising on our soil.
[Click above to embiggen: Chet Siniawski’s latest GoFundMe update, about what the Joliet Area Community Hospice is doing to his father Chester Siniawski. This Illinois facility is apparently where people can murder other people but the police don’t care. And if you complain about the nurses starving your father to death against his verbal pleadings for food, you get banned from the facility.]
Today was the most stomach-turning and demoralizing day in the state of Illinois that I have yet experienced, because every government office I talked to, right up to Mark Kirk’s Senate office, said the same thing: if someone murders someone in a private hospice facility, the police and government do not care because a hospice is a place where people die anyway.
So, basically, if you have someone in mind whom you wish to murder, the way to get away with it (and have police yawn!) is to concoct a scheme to have the person involuntarily admitted to a hospice…and then you are allowed to starve the person to death and withhold water…while the alert, conscious, and fully aware human being is begging for food and water and desperately trying to get ahold of their doctors to tell them they don’t want to die and they don’t belong there! Meanwhile, local police and all elder abuse agencies say they are not allowed to enter a private hospice, as if it is foreign soil or the Saudi Arabian embassy.
This is the saga of the Siniawski family since April, when Chester Siniawski suffered a stroke and was unconscious for a while. His wife Marian checked him into the Joliet Area Community Hospice while he was unable to speak for himself. Chester is not terminal and his only medical problems are the residual trauma from the stroke and the post-stroke surgeries. He is recovering, not dying! Chester can speak, he is begging to be released to a rehab facility, but his wife Marian wants him to die (as she seems to not want to have a living husband who has suffered a stroke and would prefer a euthanized one). His deteriorating condition is because he is BEING STARVED TO DEATH!
Because he is in a hospice facility (even though he is not terminal), the hospice staff are seemingly allowed to starve this man to death and withhold water while he begs them — BEGS THEM! — to feed him and give him water. Since Marian has told the staff that they must kill Chester and starve him to death against his wishes, that’s what these demented ghouls at the Joliet Area Community Hospital are doing. They must be so used to euthanizing people that they are numb to it and pretend not to notice that Chester can speak and is begging for his life! BEGGING TO LIVE! BEGGING TO BE SET FREE! BEGGING FOR FOOD!
I spent my whole day today on the phone with various Illinois agencies trying to get help for Chester Siniawski. Here’s what I discovered:
* Illinois is more hopelessly effed-up than any of us have ever imagined.
* The Illinois Adult Protective Services claimed they could not help Chester, even though he was being starved to death against his wishes, because they are not allowed to help anyone in a facility that is designated a private hospice. They said, essentially, that if anyone wants to murder someone in a hospice (the way that Chester is being murdered by the premeditated withholding of food and water) then they will get away with it because Illinois law enforcement is not allowed to enter a private hospice and interfere. They then said I needed to call the ombudsman for the Joliet area who oversees hospice facilities and made me hang up and call another number.
* I called the number I was given for the ombudsman and at first they said they didn’t have anything to do with hospices and I should call Illinois Adult Protective Services. This is the runaround that you get in our state: no one who works for the state government ever wants to take responsibility for anything, so they tell you to call someone else. They also lie, because the ombudsman’s office said at first that they only handle cases where someone is being abused in a private home. So, if Chester was being starved to death and denied water in a private home, they would send the SWAT team in to save him…but since he is being murdered in a hospice, no one cares (because they say people are supposed to die in a hospice…and they couldn’t wrap their heads around the idea that Chester is in the hospice AGAINST HIS WILL and he should not be in there as he is not terminal). Then they rattled off the phone number for me to call instead of them and hung up.
* Another call to Adult Protective Services and I was told to call the hospice administrator, a vile ghoul by the name of Mary Sheehan. Siniawski family members had already talked to her that day, however, and reported that she told them that Chester “would be dead in a week” because he is wasting away. Sheehan didn’t seem to understand that Chester is wasting away BECAUSE FOOD IS BEING WITHHELD FROM HIM AND HE IS BEING DENIED WATER! Sheehan might be the most horrible person I’ve heard of who doesn’t live in Orland Park. She gives Diane Jennings a run for her money.
* The Joliet police, Cook County Sheriff Tom Dart’s office, and other law enforcement said they would not enter a hospice because this is a “legal matter in a private facility” and since Marian has power of attorney she can instruct the nurses not to give Chester food or water…even though Chester is speaking and BEGGING FOR FOOD AND WATER! So, law enforcement in Illinois is allowing a woman to murder her husband by engaging in the premeditated withholding of food and water from him…and they are looking the other way regarding this murder because it is taking place in a private hospice facility, where they believe they are not allowed to enter. So, they just assume Chester would die anyway and are too damn lazy to check and see if Chester can speak and if he is begging for help and if he is in fact not terminal and doesn’t want to be starved to death. The police would not set foot on the premises to even speak with Chester. WHY WON’T THEY AT LEAST SPEAK TO HIM AND ASK HIM IF HE WANTS TO LIVE???
* Chester Siniawski is essentially being held prisoner against his will, tortured, and slowly murdered. Mary Sheehan and the staff at Joliet Area Community Hospice will not allow Chester to see his doctor and today they banned Chester’s son Chet, who had been sneaking Chester food and water, from being able to see him. This puts Chester in more danger of being murdered by Marian and the hospice staff, because without Chet to sneak Chester food and water he will deteriorate faster. They are starving an American citizen to death and the government of Illinois doesn’t care!
* I do not know what is taking the family’s lawyer so damn long to file an emergency order with the court to save Chester’s life. Again, a man who has the power of speech and is aware and is begging for help is being starved to death and denied water at the Joliet Area Community Hospice. Even though the man is begging for his life, the hospice is saying that his wife’s power of attorney over him enables her to kill him if she wants. THIS IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW IN AMERICA, IN ILLINOIS, IN JOLIET!!!!!!!
This is happening, and not a damn person in Illinois will do anything to stop it!
Meanwhile, everyone is still upset over a gorilla being shot in a zoo somewhere…but a thinking, breathing, speaking, human being who is begging for life doesn’t matter to anyone in our state government.
We have found a magical loophole where murder of a human being is legal and no one cares: and it is taking someone into a hospice when he does not belong there and just starving him to death. The police yawn. State agencies spin a rolodex and tell you to call someone else. Even a Senator’s office says they think it’s wrong but they have no power to save that man’s life.
Can we call the Marines? Can the Marines come and save this man?
I don’t even know Chester Siniawski personally but I can’t sleep tonight because I won’t let myself stop trying to think of ways to save his life. I am emailing and calling everyone I know and asking them to help. I am asking YOU to help. I just can’t believe that no one in our whole state cares that this man is being murdered by premeditated starvation. He can speak. He is begging for help. But the twisted souls at the Joliet Area Community Hospice believe he should just die…because that’s what his wife wants and his opinion doesn’t matter!
I never knew that Joliet’s zip code included the Twilight Zone.
I am literally begging you if you are reading this, please help this man. I don’t know how, but please help him. Please tell someone about what is happening to Chester Siniawski and please think of the genius idea that will save him. I believe that God will get this message to a brilliant lawyer or someone who has a cousin at the Attorney General’s office and can make Lisa Madigan care enough to ask what the hell is going on here. Someone out there has the power to save Chester’s life. He needs a miracle and he needs law enforcement to come in and burst through the door and ask if he is okay and is hungry and demand that someone feeds him.
PLEASE, come forward and help in any way you can. Please open your heart to the Siniawski family and save the day. I beg you.
[Click above to embiggen: Today’s Doom Antidote brought to you by random snaps of Chicago via Sassy Plants]
Some thoughts on the stories splashed across Drudge and Breitbart today that are upsetting to people:
1. Muslim colonists smuggled over the US border via Mexico. The first step towards solving this problem is to start referring to the people who move from one country to another with no intention of assimilating and following the laws of that country as COLONISTS, not “immigrants” or “migrants” or “visitors.” The act of coming to a place, disregarding all its laws, respecting none of its sovereignty, and then demanding that place change to suit your will is COLONIZATION…not immigration, not migration, not visiting (permanently). Colonization is the act of one group of people leaving their motherland and establishing a colony in a new place where that colony is intended to be a base camp that will be expanded in an effort of conquest. This has been happening for time immemorial. Though, for the first time in human history, advanced civilized Western nations are being colonized by dysfunctional cultures and peoples who carry with them a retrograde effect. At some point, there will be enough of a tipping point where people wake up that this is happening and the West is being colonized and taken over…and at that point there will be a bloody civil war with door-to-door fighting in the streets. That will happen in our lifetimes. It will start in Europe, in one of the smaller countries like the Netherlands or in a Nordic one, as Islam takes over. Europe will be “shocked” by what we see coming in 2016. As long as you see anyone using the word “migrants” you know that the immigration and demographic jihad is working and continuing according to plans, because until Westerners see this for what it really is — COLONIZATION — the West will not stop it or deal with it. We’re destined for this to be WW-3. The West against Islam and the Third World colonization efforts. The one bright spot in all of that is that the West will win, but not until all the bleeding heart loons who rule by emotion and live in a world of “should” (as in, this is how things should be…or this should be fine…or we should all be able to get along) are booted from any positions of power and influence. In Europe, I believe the Muslim colonization is being allowed as an excuse for the EU to form the Grand European Army and other aims of the globalists, who want to see chaos breaking out all over Europe so that people are willing to surrender their national sovereignties even more in the hopes of quelling the chaos with a continent-wide USE (United States of Europe) and a federal defense system and federal police forces and centralized USE power. That’s what this is all about: bringing in enough Muslim colonists to cause society to start to collapse, at which point the USE army would be needed to deal with the chaos. This is pretty much the plot of those Star Wars prequels, where Chancellor Palpatine created chaos so he could end the Galactic Republic and create the Empire. That is what is being done in Europe…with the Muslim colonists as useful tools for the USE masterminds. Those globalists believe they can the either eliminate or control Islam, but they are deeply, deeply wrong (because the first chance they get, Islam will turn on them). It’s not an optimistic future, granted, but I think saying aloud what is really going on and putting the pieces all together and talking about it is a step towards doing something about possibly preventing all of that needless suffering and destruction.
2. Jake Tapper at CNN is surprised that the government lies, destroys evidence, and then pretends whatever they want to ignore didn’t happen. On a local level, Megan Fox and I encountered this in Orland Park, Illinois when we investigated sex crimes (including child pornography being accessed and open public masturbation/sexually harassing women in the Library’s computer area) happening in that building. Unless the government is actively and aggressively supervised by We the People, government actors will lie, hide documents, aggressively redact documents, and pretend things didn’t happen. I can’t even tell you how many times Library and Village staff lied and claimed that the Child Porn Incident Report that we unearthed in FOIA production didn’t exist. That was a record that Library staffers allowed a man to view child pornography at computers in the Library and they chose not to call the police and instead just let him get away (on more than one occasion!). Whenever they were confronted by this, they would lie and say they didn’t know about that report or it didn’t exist…even if it was right in front of them! In another instance detailed in our book SHUT UP!, the Orland Park Police destroyed evidence from a police car dash cam because they didn’t want us hearing what the officer was saying. So, they just wiped the audio clean…and then basically said, “Prove we did that!” The government thinks it can get away with this kind of thing forever, but I don’t believe that is true. They will, however, keep getting away with it for as long as We the People are quiet and mousy and don’t rise up against this conduct. If the people are actively supervising their elected officials and policing corrupt police then this is the world we will always live in. If, however, we start waking up and paying attention and making it our hobbies (or, I’d argue, duties) to supervise our local government aggressively then I think we can turn the whole country around. We are in a bottom-up situation, where if we ever want Washington DC to change we have to start by changing Orland Park, then Cook County, then the state of Illinois, and the Washington. But the good news is that change on the local level takes a few years to accomplish. County and state level takes a little longer. But in our lifetime if we start now, we could theoretically live to see a day when Washington is cleaned up too. Provided, however, that we don’t always accept the status quo as the only “quo” there will ever be.
3. I really don’t know what to say about Hillary’s email scandal, except that she should have known better. I continue to believe that Hillary Clinton is one of the most interesting (and tragic) figures in American history and will be remembered as such. The 2008 campaign when she ran for president remains one of the high points of my entire life. My friends and I from the Hillary Days can laugh and reminisce and tell battle stories for hours…and the bonds from those days remain strong. But, none of us are involved in this 2016 race. I don’t think any of us will ever vote for a Democrat again. I can’t find any excuse for why Hillary Clinton was foolish enough to involve herself in this cockamamie email server business when she, above everyone, should have known better. The 2008 campaign by and large absolved her of every bad thing she had done up until then (and all that would have never been rehashed). She didn’t do much as Secretary of State worth remembering…though I know that Republicans want to blame Benghazi on her (when in my opinion that was Obama’s call not to send in military support when it was needed, as Hillary Clinton has at no point in history controlled the military). The email scandal is a self-inflicted wound and unforced error that is beneath her (and the Machiavellian genius she was always supposed to be). The Hillary that I got to know a little on the 2008 campaign trail is a very nice woman who couldn’t work a phone or a computer and had Huma doing all that. She couldn’t drive a car and she would be escorted everywhere she went, without having to worry about anything but smiling and waving and shaking hands and saying “thank you for your opinion” whenever someone said something horrible to her about why they felt she should have left her husband. She’s a very nice woman, whether you ever want to believe that or not. But, she also is a pathological liar who lies about stupid things and she won’t admit when she is wrong, which is disappointing. I will always believe that Huma was behind that email server, because it’s totally the kind of sneaky thing that Huma would do, but Hillary is too loyal to throw Huma under the bus. And that’s what’s really tragic and heartbreaking about Hillary Clinton’s lot in life. Despite everything that’s ever been thrown at her, she’s remained a funny and surprisingly nice person who is still friends with people she knew in kindergarten…but she surrounds herself with people who do really dumb things and she makes herself look dumb by first not stopping then and second by lying about the dumb things and creating a giant mess. Does anyone really want Huma loose in the White House doing whatever weird stuff she likes to do when this email server thing is a flashing neon danger sign that Team Hillary should not win this election. As much as the me from 2008 is pained to say that. It’s sadly the truth.
If you enjoy the writing here, Kevin DuJan and Megan Fox have a book available called SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. Available on Amazon! When you read it, please tell us what you think as well. If local corruption and police abuse upsets you, then you will be shocked by what we uncovered in the Chicago suburbs.
[Click above to embiggen: Chet Siniawski’s latest posting update on GoFundMe, where the family is raising legal funds to get a lawyer’s help in saving the life of Chester Siniawski, who is being slowly murdered in the Joliet Area Community Hospice.]
Chester Siniawski, a Chicago area man, remains in grave danger at the Joliet Area Community Hospice. His son Chet Siniawski and other Siniawski family members are desperate for your help. Someone out there reading this will know what to do to save this man’s life, I just know it. The situation is dire as the Joliet Area Community Hospice and its nursing staff are, according to Chet’s postings on social media, starving his father Chester and withholding water from him. Every day, Chester inches closer to death when he should be in a rehabilitation center. He suffered a stroke but has recovered his ability to speak and to eat on his own but food is being kept out of his reach and he is being denied water by nurses, on the order of his wife Marian (who apparently does not want her husband to live after suffering the stroke). According to the Siniawski family’s postings, Marian appears to want to have a deceased husband than one who is in any way incapacitated and not his old self because of the stroke. This is madness because with rehabilitation Chester would recover…but Marian appears to want him to be euthanized. This is an absolute horror and a tragedy.
A man who is able to joke about getting dressed up in a new hospital gown to pose for Facebook pictures is not a man who should be euthanized. This is doubly repugnant if you, like me, are averse to euthanasia on moral grounds for anyone. It is like Dr. Kevorkian is running that Joliet Area Community Hospice and they are allowed to do things there that seem like they would (and should) warrant murder charges against everyone on staff, from the janitor right on up to the president of the hospice. This is the sickest story I have ever run across and I can’t believe this is happening to an American citizen in Illinois in the United States.
The local police in Joliet will not intervene on Chester’s behalf. This is horrible: a man is being mistreated and denied food and water in America and the police will not intervene. That is an outrage. This is not who we are as a people: we do not stand by and allow a mentally unbalanced woman murder her husband just because he had a stroke and is not the same anymore. He deserves the chance to get better and we as a society are not Sparta, where anyone even slightly disabled no longer mattered and was put down. Chester Siniawski is not a race horse with a leg injury. You don’t end a man’s life because he needs rehab and is recovering from a stroke. You let him recover and get better, not starve him and deny him water!
The family has not raised enough yet to hire an attorney and so more than anything they need someone out there reading this who has the smarts and know-how to compel some entity of our government to step in for the welfare of Chester Siniawski. His wife Marian and the nursing staff who are torturing Chester with starvation and dehydration must be stopped. But, who in our government will do that for Chester Siniawski when the police refuse to intervene?
What can the Siniawski family do?
Can you help them?
Does anyone really believe that Hillary Clinton will lose the Democrats’ nomination to avowed socialist Bernie Sanders? Notice that articles about this fantasy are all couched in terms of “she could lose!”…but by that logic every headline in the paper would read “dogs could start talking instead of barking!” and “space aliens could attack Washington today!”. There are an infinite number of things haunting active imaginations that COULD happen each and every day, yet news headlines are not written about any of them.
So, why the obsession with the “Hillary could lose the nomination!” thing? Easy. It’s clickbait, and media outlets know that.
The same thing happened during the Republican primaries, where the media had my boyfriend Justin and his family near-catatonic with all the various permutations of “Trump could lose!”. Justin’s a big Trump guy and hated Ted Cruz. For many months there at the beginning of the year, I had to talk Justin off conspiracy theory ledges every day when he would be worked up about some evil genius scheme that Ted Cruz had cooked up to keep Trump from the nomination. Every day it was something new, some crazy thing to be upset about. Months and months and months of this.
And every day I would tell Justin that none of what he was so upset about was true and that the tee-vee and the sites he was reading were all lying to him. But, the excitement was too addicting, I guess, and Justin didn’t want me to burst his fantasy bubbles. He enjoyed being freaked out and on the edge…and wanted to suck me into that too instead of my calming him down. Justin really can’t stand Ted Cruz and, like me, really enjoys seeing Trump clobber the Establishment and say things that people in this country have been desperate to hear a national figure say during these oppressive last decades of political correctness.
I greatly enjoy seeing the Establishment lose for once, after trying every trick they could to get their way. After McCain and then Romney, it’s refreshing that people didn’t let the “it’s his turn” candidate win the nomination again and the Cocktail Party GOP Elite didn’t get their way.
The reason I support Trump is because the tyranny of political correctness has to end and Americans have to get back to loving America again. Trump has his faults, but he says what people have been wanting a leader to say for a long time. The media and the Cocktail Party set the stage for this with 8 years of Obama: the media pushed Obama on us and the Cocktail Party didn’t much even try to win the last two elections. As a result, the pendulum is swinging hard away from the Obama Regime’s legacy of “America last,” “globalism,” and “transformation” of our country and back to a sense of Americans needing to protect what’s ours and admit that America is the greatest nation on earth, not one of many.
Do I wish that someone other than Donald Trump himself (someone more polished and traditionally-presidential like Ronald Reagan) had emerged on the scene, saying all of the things Trump says but without Trump’s reality tee-vee baggage? Certainly. It’s hard for me to mentally process that all of this is really happening but, again, the media and the Cocktail Party pushed all of this on us with Obama and his reality-star presidency (all of the selfies, the talk show appearances, the hands-off celebrity treatment the press gave him). Trump is a course correction (or coarse correction, depending on how you see him) that has been a long time coming.
The Internet and social media have created an age that is vulgar and toxic. How many years now has it been that the Kardashians have been a de facto royal family in this country and those Real Housewives-type shows have proliferated? Mitt Romney sure looked the part of the classic, Reagan-appearing presidential candidate with the beautiful family and all of that…but Romney had his chance to win and he chose not to really fight for it and become president in 2012. In the home stretch of a very winnable race, Romney pulled punches and phoned it in because I think he didn’t want to be the guy who defeated the first black president’s re-election bid. So, what was the point of him even running if he didn’t want to win?
Now, four years later, Romney’s screwing around behind the scenes trying to help Hillary Clinton be elected. He should be ashamed of himself and his behavior as of late makes me glad he didn’t fight hard and win the presidency. He might look the part, but he sure is not acting the part of someone America needs in the White House. It would be nice if Romney would find something else to do for a while and just enjoy being retired and a grandfather. He had his chance and his turn and he blew it.
And if he hadn’t blown it, we wouldn’t be where we are right now, with Donald Trump being the best chance our country has for the course correction it needs. No matter who is president next, we are in for some very dark days ahead. We’re in a Depression that the media won’t report on as long as a Democrat is in office, so expect by this time in 2017 to be hearing full-on Depression news once Trump is elected. Remember how for years (even to this day) the media blamed Bush for everything bad that happened since Obama took office? That won’t happen the second that Trump is inaugurated. Seconds after taking office, everything will be his fault (with no fault for anything given to Obama). That’s how the shameless media works.
I still don’t see how Hillary Clinton can win this race, provided that Donald Trump doesn’t chicken out like Romney or McCain did and that he continues speaking out against political correctness and the Establishment. This is what America needs and if Trump keeps giving Americans what they need then he will win in November. Hillary is part of the Establishment and won’t speak the truth about our nation’s problems. The Establishment will ensure that she is the Democrats’ nominee but the Establishment cannot hand her the White House.
[Click above to embiggen: Can you tell which reviewers actually read our book and which ones just post drive-by attacks?]
I find this phenomenon interesting, that Amazon allows negative reviews from unverified purchasers so soon after a book is released. To me, it’s pretty obvious that someone has not read our book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment, when that person just makes generic attacks (or says only, BLECCH).
Megan Fox and I wrote this book to not only educate people about what it takes to go up against local government (and win), but also to show people what they could do to defend themselves when elected officials use the police as a weapon against citizens and national lobbying groups like the ALA swoop in with “crisis management” advice on how to chill free speech and censor opponents. We also have plenty of lessons in there on how to beat the worst law firm in all of Illinois, Klein Thorpe Jenkins (as Megan and I bested those legal eagles over and over and over again…for 666 pages!).
We want people to enjoy the book, so it’s not a typical political book. It’s conversational and alternates between chapters by me and chapters by Megan. Along the way, in addition to learning about horrible things that the Village of Orland Park, Police Chief Tim McCarthy, and the Orland Park Public Library Board of Trustees (the OPPL-BoT) did to us, you’ll also read amusing stories about our lives, travels, and even our favorite recipes. SHUT UP! has got it all!
To me it’s obvious when someone has actually read the book. Even if you hate Megan Fox and me with a passion (raise your hand if you do, it’s okay…we are both used to this by now), if you read the book you would have to be able to come up with more to say about it than “BLECCH” or ramble about some Australian wine (in a failed metaphor).
I’m waiting for someone who truly hates us to read the book and rip apart our jokes, trash our analogies, go insane over our illustrations, etc. Then I know the hater actually had the book in his hands. Otherwise, it just feels like the American Library Association attacking us some more for daring to write a book that they would prefer to see suppressed, censored, and banned from public libraries.
Megan and I specifically invested in printing options that allow public libraries to purchase our book for their collections without any excuse not to carry it. So, if your local public library does not have SHUT UP! in its collection, ask them to get it for you. If they refuse, then according to what the ALA claims every year during “Banned Books Week,” the library is censoring and banning our book.
It’s such an unusual (but delightful) experience having three years’ of my life and hard work sitting on my desk in front of me as I type this. Even though I wrote the book with Megan, I still like picking it up and turning to a random page and laughing about some of our adventures with the Orland Park Public Library. The things they did to us were horrible, but Megan and I defeated those lunatics by never losing our sense of humor and by documenting every rotten thing they did thoroughly. Most of it we caught on video. All of it is sourced in the book.
I hope people who actually read it let everyone know what they think, for real, in a review. But it would be nice if librarians had the integrity and intellectual honesty to post unbiased reviews…not just driving by and hurling feces at us like circus animals. People expect more from librarians, who claim to be against censorship and suppressing materials that are controversial or with which they personally disagree with.
I appreciate that it might be upsetting to ALA members to read a book that documents years’ of wrongdoing, lawbreaking, and hypocritical censorship in a public library…but if these librarians are mad at anyone, they should be mad at the people in Orland Park who did all these awful things and caused all the problems that Megan and I then had to write about.
If you want to be upset with someone, don’t be upset with the whistleblowers (or leave bogus negative reviews for the messengers); you should be upset with your fellow ALA members who made the rest of you look so terrible.
Have you read SHUT UP! yet? If so, what did you think?
[Some scenes around Chicago this week that I thought were pretty and posted to Sassy Plants]
The purpose of a “doom antidote” or “fear porn repellant” is to take a deep breath, cool down, and rationally ponder if what the tee-vee is screaming about today or what the headlines are bleeding is true…or if it is just hysteria ginned up for ratings. Being in front of the computer screen (or, worse, the tee-vee screen) for too long is bad for everyone. Listening to conspiracy theories (even the ones that are probably right) for hours on the radio in the dark is not healthy either. Sometimes, you need to pull yourself away, head outdoors, look for interesting (or, dare I dream…sassy!) things in nature to photograph, and enjoy the real world (not the fake, twisted, messed up Internet world).
After you collect yourself, take a look at the day’s headlines and ask yourselves if the weird fantasies and wish-casting being pushed by various pundits is real…or if it’s bad alternate universe fan-fiction (usually of the dystopian, worst-case-scenario possible bent).
Here are some thoughts on what’s plastered all over today (and why none of it is really the end of the world):
1. JK Rowling decided to emblacken (make a white character black in later versions of a work) Hermione Granger in the new Harry Potter play, “The Cursed Child,” despite Rowling using terminology in her books that clearly indicated that Granger was white. I think it’s insulting to black people when entertainment companies (or a beloved brand like Rowling) do this…because to me it means that black people are an afterthought to them and they only get the leftovers and hand-me-down characters. Rowling wanted to prove what a Big Thinker she was (and how enlightened she is!) by turning Hermione black retroactively, but really she’s just putting a big spotlight on how she didn’t bother to create a central black character in the Harry Potter books back when she had the chance in the 1990s. Making Hermione black now in a stage play seems stupid when the stage play could have created a new and original black character. Rowling is one of the most beloved people on the planet but I think all her billions and the nonstop gushing of praise on her has gotten to her head and she’s become one of the politically correct zombies that so infest Hollywood.
2. Bizarre Clickbait Fantasy #1: People saying that Hillary Clinton will not be the Democrats’ 2016 nominee. I was really surprised to see how strong Bernie Sanders’ support is, especially amongst gay people. Back in 2008, the gay guys I knew who didn’t support Hillary and were for Obama said in apologetic tone that they liked Hillary but thought it would be cool to have a black president, so they were voting for him instead. They promised in the future if Hillary ran again that they would back her…but almost every one of those people are really rabid for Bernie Sanders. That was a complete shock to me and indicates that their support for Obama was more than that they just wanted a hip, cool, black man as president…but that they have really strong Leftist leanings and that’s what they want government to be. Hillary gets pummeled by conservative writers all the time…but she’s not the radical Leftist dream candidate that Obama was and that Sanders would be. Which is why she is having so much trouble locking up this nomination. Democrats are in for a really rough fall no matter what happens, because those Sanders people are nasty…nastier even than the Obama acolytes were in the 2008 campaign. I have never seen hatred as strong as that being spewed by the Sanders crowd, who promise to essentially riot if Sanders is not the nominee. But, Democrats will never let him take the nomination from Hillary and permanently cement the DNC’s transformation into the Socialist Party. I am glad I am not a Democrat anymore because I would want no part in the quixotic fence-mending that needs to be attempted in Philadelphia when Hillary becomes the first female presidential nominee. The only thing that will save them is if Sanders becomes her VP, which I doubt the DNC would want but having him on the ticket is the only way that the Sanders thugs will be quieted.
3. Bizarre Clickbait Fantasy #2: Bill Kristol’s third party nonsense. Wasn’t 1992 clear enough? The way a Clinton wins the White House is for some kind of third party bid to siphon enough Republican votes away for Hillary to become the 45th President of the United States. If you don’t want that to happen, don’t do the Ross Perot Redux thing. I was in high school for that election and Ross Perot won our school’s mock election by a large swath. This fantasy of going third party is something that appeals to a lot of people. There’s a romance and rebellion in it. But, all it does is ensure the Clintons move back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Do not kid yourself otherwise, no matter how noble you believe third party runs are…or how you wish you lived in a world where a third party win was possible. We do not live in that world. We live in the world where it has been proven that a third party candidate guarantees a Clinton wins the presidency.
4. Enough about the gorilla (let’s talk about how precious human life is instead): I find it stomach-turning that so much ink, column space, and tee-vee time is being devoted to one gorilla that was killed in a zoo (to save a human child) when so little attention is ever given to the millions of American children who are murdered every year by the ghouls at Planned Parenthood. I don’t want to even link to a story about the gorilla (even though I was sad he had to die, but a human child’s life must always take precedence over an animal’s)…so instead watch this video of how awful Planned Parenthood in Illinois is and how hypocritical all of this upset over a zoo animal is when the people upset don’t ever care about all the human children senselessly murdered for no reason.
Sometimes, it’s overwhelming how much craziness is pushed by the Dinosaur Media. It’s really toxic and unhealthy. But, if you remember that the media does this to keep everyone in a perpetual state of crippled, frost-fingered terror (because people are easier for the government to control that way…and ratings are higher that way) then I think life is so much more enjoyable and this election season doesn’t feel like the Fall of Western Civilization so much as a much-needed course correction that’s been eight years coming.
[Click above to embiggen: some of my nature photos, which I collect on the Sassy Plants Facebook page.]
One of my hobbies in the last few years has been taking pictures whenever I am out and about in Chicago and posting them to Facebook. Sometimes it upsets me that the Drudge headlines for Chicago are always about all the murders and the corruption here, when it’s a very lovely place.
So many people that I’ve known while I’ve been here are either moving away or have already left. A surprising number of Chicagoans (at least in Boystown) headed to Atlanta, in what felt like an exodus. Things are getting ridiculously expensive here, especially if you have a car. The City is so desperate for revenue that they keep coming up with new ways to tax or punish anyone who drives. It’s also expensive just taking the trains. A lot of people are being priced out…but, still others are feeling unsafe, largely because of how the news portrays the city. Then, of course, there’s that potential serial killer hunting the expressways…with something like 22 shootings so far that everyone on the ground thinks is one person (or a duo, like the Beltway Sniper) but the police just claim is random gang violence.
I never like hearing Chicago called “the next Detroit” because I don’t think that’s true. We’re in a strange period here because the City needs a tough as nails, tyrant of a Mayor to thrive…and Rahm Emanuel is a terrible Mayor. He’s really allowed this city to become a powder keg and his grip on power is so tenuous at this point that the sharks are circling for him. I think things will get worse before they get any better, as he doesn’t have sense enough to resign. So, the city will teeter on the precipice of chaos and ruin as long as he’s in office.
I’m not one of those people who wakes up in the morning and focuses on the impending apocalypse of the moment though. Chicago is a vibrant place full of talented and exceptional people, with a lot of beauty and advantages to living here. I think we’re in a national period of political collapse unlike anything seen in decades, but I don’t think that’s something to ruin your summer over. Too many people I’ve known in recent years have gotten sucked into FOX News on the tee-vee and the sky-is-falling! doom du jour and I just think that’s so unhealthy. I don’t know why anyone in their right mind even has cable, let alone watches cable news.
Get outside and enjoy the summer. Turn off the tee-vee and plug it for a week and see if you really miss it. If you like watching sports, find a cool sports bar or restaurant and watch the games there with other people and make new friends. Or, even better, find a local college and watch all the baseball or other sports you want for free when the college teams play and practice in a field near you.
Stimulate your mind by picking a local board of some kind and looking into and reporting on what it has been doing. Go to their meetings and become a regular speaker during public comment. Ask questions, and keep asking them until the public body gives you answers. Use Freedom of Information Act requests to dig up all their dirt. You can laugh, but it’s really a fun hobby studying these local boards. Megan Fox and I have been doing it for three years now and we juggle about a dozen boards now that we monitor, audit their spending, and bust the bad board members who are up to no good. Library boards were the subject of our first book…and the one we’re writing now is about village boards. We have material for a full series of books based on just the last three years of attending board meetings and investigating things that the Dinosaur Media refuses to investigate.
If you love politics, I guess my point is that you should get involved in your local area’s politics and don’t let the FOX News talking points rule your day. I just got done talking a friend off the ledge who was crazed today about Brad Thor and Glenn Beck. I have met Brad Thor several times at different Tea Pary events in Chicago and I’ve always liked him; I can’t imagine he’s someone who would ever want to assassinate a president (or anyone). But, I question why a fiction writer is being interviewed so often about politics when Thor is wired to write Richard Castle-like fictional thrillers. That’s how he’s programmed. I write satire and have jokes in everything I write, which is also how I speak. I give Thor the benefit of the doubt that his wiring to write thrillers creeps into how he speaks on the fly.
Doing interviews is hard because so much focus is on speaking well, carrying yourself well on camera, listening to what the interviewer is saying and responding, and sometimes the human brain is not as fast on the uptake as it should be. I’ve told jokes that bombed in interviews, or I messed them up by slurring a word or mispronouncing something. It’s hard to be spot-on every time. I regret that Brad Thor is being pilloried in so many places when I can say that the guy I’ve met a few times and had some good conversations with is a very nice man who is not the monster that he is being made out to be by opportunists.
But, this is what happens when people get so cranked up about what they see on cable news, which is desperate for ratings. They bring on a fiction writer of thrillers and then take advantage of an awkward exchange he engaged in (which sounds like a plot point from one of his books)…and then for a week very nice people are upset all day over something that doesn’t have much real bearing on them. There’s so much more to life that this energy could be spent on.
I have never been happier than I am focusing on local matters in Chicagoland and trying to oust bad board members, reduce spending waste, and change bad local policies. I am so much more fulfilled doing this than I ever was focusing on the national political circus. I loved writing the book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment and am enjoying working on my second book with Megan Fox, which I hope to have on Amazon by the end of summer.
I am challenging myself to find something every week about Chicago that I’ve never done, never been to, never experienced and enjoying it (snapping pictures all the way for Sassy Plants). I love enjoying nature wherever it’s found in this urban setting. My goal is to make a bunch of new friends, have some fun times, and bust a handful more terrible boards this summer. I want to see as many live theater shows as I can, read as much as I can, and continue writing my own books with Megan.
This is going to be a great summer, in Chicago and everywhere. In the fall, we’ll elect a new president…and the world is not going to end. Sorry if that’s a spoiler. I think it’s exciting that for the first time ever it really feels like the Establishment is collapsing and the public is revolting against the status quo. This is a good thing. And we will all survive no matter how it shakes out. I have a true sense of peace about that. For some reason, my friend really needed to hear this today and I talked him down off his ledge so I shared the same sentiments here with you.
Back in 2008, I started writing this site because it was easier just to do this than to talk many people I knew off ledges during the crazy primary campaign that year. I have always had a love/hate relationship running this site because it takes so much out of me and when doing it I am unable to do other things that are more fun or enjoyable to me. For a while I’ve felt that the Internet has become an irredeemably nasty and foul place that does little good. It wasn’t like this back in 2008. I think it was the rise of smart phones and the abundance of Millennials (who are quick to attack and try to censor any opinion they don’t like) and the spur-of-the-moment immediacy of our culture today. In many ways, the Internet became incredibly toxic. I think possibly the pendulum is starting to swing back the other way, though.
I have so many mixed feelings about this coming election. I plan to start sharing them, which is hard because there is so much to process. These might be the strangest days that Americans have ever lived through. We will survive them, but the strangeness of it all will definitely be something for the history books.
What think you?
I’ll be appearing on The Andrea Shea King Show tonight to talk about the book I wrote with Megan Fox, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment.
When: Tuesday 5/31/16 (today!)
Time: 900pm Eastern/800pm Central
Andrea Shea King is my favorite interviewer and her show is my favorite on the radio. I’m looking forward to talking about what’s in the book that Megan Fox and I wrote and why people should care about what a public library in Chicago’s suburbs did to silence, censor, and intimidate its critics.
Since the Village of Orland Park used its police force as a weapon to silence people engaged in the protected activity of petitioning a government body for change and redress of grievances, there are lessons in our book that are valuable for Americans everywhere who encounter local officials who view the police as a weapon they, too, can use against the public.
Another topic will be SLAPP lawsuits, which public bodies file as weapons to scare away citizens who uncover wrongdoing in a public body. Since they don’t want anyone looking into what they have been up to, public bodies are notorious for filing bogus lawsuits to scare people away. Megan and I survived one such SLAPP and now we are telling the tale.
The Joliet Area Community Hospice is being accused by the family of Chester Siniawski of deliberately starving this man to near death. The family believes Chester’s wife, Marian, is instructing hospice workers to withhold food and drink from her husband to euthanize him — despite Chester being alert, responsive, able to speak, and able to eat on his own. By all accounts, killing a man who wants to live and who is being deprived of food and water so that his life ends is the definition of murder.
Chet Siniawski, Chester’s son, has mounted an effort to save his father’s life, noting that Chester suffered a stroke on April 10th, 2016 but has made a solid recovery (regaining the ability to speak and move on his own and the ability to feed himself, if food and water would be brought to him). According to Chet, his mother Marian suffers from delusions and has been threatening hospice staff with the police if they allow Chester to have any food or water against her wishes. Marian is, unfortunately, the person designated with power of attorney over Chester and she is calling the shots while he is in the hospice. Why is this being allowed when a man’s life is at stake and Chester has expressed that he wants to live?
Chet asserts that his father Chester is not terminal and should be in a rehabilitation center, not a hospice. Audio and video recordings taken by Chet and other family members show Chester begging for food, begging to see his doctors, and begging to be taken to a place where he will recover. Chester does not want to die and believes that the Joliet Community Area Hospice is attempting to murder him.
So far, the Siniawski family has had no luck with the police helping Chester. The police do not want to get involved. This is typical in Illinois.
The family is raising funds for an attorney to go to court to bring this matter before a judge and save Chester’s life. Please consider chipping in to their GoFundMe if you can.
Also, anyone reading this who has knowledge of what a family can do in this situation, where a non-terminal patient is being deprived of food and water in a hospice when he wants to live and when doctors stated he should be in a rehab center, please post your thoughts on what steps Chet Siniawski can take to save his father’s life.
This is a rare situation where the person holding the power of attorney (Marian) is willfully ignoring the best interests of the patient and making medical decisions for end-of-life when the poor man is fighting to survive. Since Chester is conscious and speaking and expressing he is hungry and wants to be fed, why is Marian allowed to direct the hospice staff to starve Chester Siniawski against his wishes?
I have never encountered a story as horrifying as this one, where a woman is seemingly being allowed by the Joliet Community Area Hospice to murder her husband by withholding food and water agains this wishes (and against the wishes of other family members). I think this is the most terrifying death imaginable, where a man is literally begging for his life and his son and other family members are also begging to save him but law enforcement refuses to get involved because the murder is being committed inside a hospice.