What: Day One of the Democrat National Convention in Philadelphia
When: Monday 7/25/16, beginning 3pm CST
Why: Watching this horror show so that you don’t have to and taking notes so you can read it later
Where: Live stream provided by CSPAN
1. Here we go again. Another week of convention live stream coverage. This time, I really dread watching this gavel to gavel for several reasons, but chiefly because I don’t have the stomach any longer to watch abortion being promoted as something positive. Back when I was still a Democrat prior to 2008, it always made me uncomfortable how Democrats celebrate the murdering of unborn children but it was something that was kept in the background and the party didn’t embrace as its central identifying facet. Since 2008, I feel that the abortionist ghouls are really the face of the party: women who delight and revel in the spilling of blood and sacrificing of lives of the unborn. I think these people are monsters and that it’s all proof that Democrats have been coopted by a special brand of evil. It’s almost druidic: a bunch of women gathering together in the dark somewhere late at night, murdering tiny children, then holding up the bodies to some faceless, nameless god-with-a-small-g that only they worship. It’s all so sick and ghoulish. There will also be shouting about social justice, grievance-mongering, and the telling of massive amounts of lies. Democrats will no doubt have lots of people speaking in Spanish, the language of poverty, because a big thing Democrats want to do is to keep immigrants from assimilating, learning English, and prospering. They want people to keep speaking Spanish and not join the melting pot and improve their lives. The Democrat Party is a party that’s all about keeping people poor so that they feel they have to vote Democrat. So Democrats put as many road blocks to success in front of people, including encouraging them to never learn English. It is going to be hard to sit through 4 long days of all this, But, because we are friends like this, I will do that for you.
2. Clinton Cash and Hillary’s America. Before the Convention starts today at 3pm, I will have seen both of these movies and will report on what I thought. Have you seen them? What are your thoughts?
Read the rest of this entry »
[Click above to embiggen: Chester Siniawski will soon be freed from confinement in the horrific Joliet Area Community Hospice, according to his son Chet’s latest GoFundMe update.]
It is time for hallelujahs and hosannas because the impossible has happened…the ghouls at the Joliet Area Community Hospice (JACH) have been defeated and poor Chester Siniawski is being freed from their clutches! According to the latest update Chester’s son Chet has made on GoFundMe, Chester is being freed from the hospice (where staff withheld food and water from him as part of plot to kill him by starvation) and is being taken to a hospital where ethical professionals will attend to his recovery. Hallelujah!
Once he is in the hospital, Chester will get all the nourishment and medical care he needs to recover from the stroke he had in April. Your prayers worked! The impossible has happened. For probably the first time ever, someone has been able to escape from the Hospice of Horrors that is the JACH. This is a place whose staff seemingly operate under the “death is better” philosophy, where people’s lives are snuffed out after a stroke instead of being taken to rehabilitation to regain the use of their bodies.
For all these months, Chester has been tortured in this facility, being kept in a bed when he wanted to be out exercising and regaining use of his muscles. Food was kept out of his reach and water was denied to him. Chet and other family members who were bringing Chester food and water were banned from visiting him because Chester’s wife Marian and JACH staffers wanted Chester to die, since they apparently believe that death is better. But Chester wanted to live and begged to be able to live. Marian didn’t want to be inconvenienced with having a husband who had to be in a wheelchair or not 100% the man he was before his stroke. Being a widow sounded better to her, because then she would not have to help care for Chester as he recovered. The ghouls at the JACH were only too happy to help Marian achieve her goal of becoming a widow…despite the fact that Chester was not terminal and wanted to live!
A crooked judge in Will County, who has some sort of personal relationship with people at the hospice, got involved and slapped an unconstitutional GAG ORDER on the Siniawski family in order to help the Joliet Area Community Hospice continue to starve and harm Chester, without Chester being able to speak to the public by video and beg for help. This is the kind of thing that Amnesty International would hold a press conference about if it was being done to someone in a foreign country, but since it was happening in Joliet, Illinois no one cared. The crooked judge silenced Chet and his relatives and bullied them into not being able to give further updates about Chester’s condition. This judge needs to be brought before an ethics and judicial review board to answer questions about what personal connections he has to the JACH that influenced his decision to silence and censor the First Amendment rights of Chester’s family members while they were trying to save Chester’s life.
The JACH tried keeping people from being allowed to visit Chester, since the food and water they would bring him kept him alive when Marian and JACH staff wanted Chester to die. Since Chester is now going to survive this ordeal and recover, Marian and the JACH are going to be in a lot of trouble in the future. I hope that awful judge gets in trouble too, along with everyone in law enforcement who refused to help save Chester’s life when he was begging to live but was slowly being starved to death by Marian and the ghouls she found to assist her.
It is my hope that Chester sues the JACH for what it did to him in attempting to end his life when he wanted to live. In my opinion, what JACH staffers did was attempted murder. What else do you call people knowingly withholding food, water, and other nourishment from a man with the premeditated goal of killing him? What other word is there for that besides MURDER?
The Joliet Area Community Hospice needs to be raided and shut down. It has proven itself to be a place where someone like Marian can take a spouse, tell the staff to deny the person food and water so that the person dies, and that murderer would get away with it all because Illinois authorities don’t want to set foot inside a building with the word hospice on the sign out front. What we’ve discovered in the case of Chester Siniawski is that the one place you can get away with murder in Illinois is in a hospice, since if you kill someone in a place like the JACH by starving/depriving the person of water, the authorities will not care. They have the attitude that “people die all the time in hospices, that’s what they are for”…but what about situations where a man like Chester Siniawski is not terminal, but his wife wants to have his life snuffed out and wants to put him down like an old dog and euthanize him…and hospice staff just go along with that?
The ghouls who work in the JACH are so accustomed to ending people’s lives that they didn’t seem to understand that what they were doing to Chester Siniawski was attempted murder. When a man wants to live and is not terminal, denying him food and water for the purpose of killing him is attempted murder.
The crooked judge and inept law enforcement in Joliet will no doubt see to it that the JACH never receives any criminal consequences for what the ghouls did to Chester…but I hope that when Chester is healthy that he finds a great attorney to go after the JACH for damages and shut that place down.
Chester still has a long road ahead to recovery…but being freed from that Hospice of Horrors and being taken to a hospital where he can be attended to by real doctors and real nurses is a big deal. It’s a huge step in the right direction.
Getting to this victory has financially devastated Chester’s son Chet, however. Please consider chipping in whatever you can to Chet’s GoFundMe. Here’s the financial reality of what it takes to save a man’s life in Illinois:
1. Chet lost his job in Texas (where he lived) because he had to be here in Illinois trying to save his father’s life
2. Chet lost his apartment in Texas because he was spending all his time here in Illinois and lost his job in Texas. When his father was being abused at the JACH and being starved to death, Chet had to come here to keep an eye on him every day and fight to get food and water into Chester. To save Chester’s life, Chet had to sacrifice his own life in Texas.
3. Chet had to pay for attorneys to try to get the court involved to save Chester’s life. The Siniawski family had the great misfortune of finding what I believe to be some of the worst and most incompetent lawyers in Illinois. The law firm they hired was terrible, but one family member refused to allow that firm to be fired and new lawyers to be hired. So Chet had to contend with an aunt who would not listen to reason and just wanted the same terrible lawyers to continue getting paid. I feel the lawyers this family had were incompetent and should even face disciplinary proceedings because they waited so long to file an injunction to get Chester out of that hospice. I don’t understand what the hell those lawyers were waiting for or why it took until the end of July for Chester to be freed from the JACH. In my opinion, any lawyer worth his or her salt would have been able to free Chester much faster. What the hell is wrong with the Siniawski family’s attorneys?
4. Now Chet faces all of the expenses and hoop-jumping of Chester being moved to the hospital and onto rehab…and what comes next. Chet wants to stay in Texas and would like for Chester to live with him in Texas and be far away from the ghouls who did this to him in Illinois. It will take a lot of funding to make that happen.
This is the story of a very nice family who was hit with tragedy…and then the state of Illinois failed them completely when their family member was being starved to death and deprived of life-sustaining materials in a facility run by ghouls. Without any experience handling a nightmare like this, Chet Siniawski stood up and fought hard for his father in all the ways he knew how. I hope everyone out there reading this has someone as brave and courageous as Chet in your corner if a nightmare like this ever happens to you.
If you can chip in $5 or $10 to Chet’s GoFundMe to help him pay the debt he’s run up and to fund Chester’s future legal needs, that would go a long way towards easing some of Chet’s burden. Also, please share his GoFundMe link on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media to spread the word about what’s happened to Chester and let people know that he has finally been freed from confinement in one of the worst places on earth, the Joliet Area Community Hospice.
[The GOP’s official live stream on YouTube; another good live stream is CSPAN’s if the YouTube one goes down.]
WHAT: Day Four (Finale) of the GOP’s 2016 convention in Cleveland
WHERE: Live streamed on YouTube and CSPAN
WHY: Recapping and taking real time notes for you, because we are friends like this
WHEN: 6pm CST on 7/21/16
1. Today’s the last day of the GOP convention in Cleveland. This will be a real time note-taking and commentary on what I see on the live stream feed. Let me know in comments or on the Twitters or otherwise via that series of pipes and tubes that is the Interwebs if you enjoy these and would like to see me do them for the entire Democrat Convention in Philly as well. If you’d like to read them instead of watching that Convention, I don’t mind doing it for you, because we are friends like that.
2. Earlier today, I wondered openly about what Ted Cruz’s weird secret could be…based on the fact that I’ve always found him to be off-putting and had an air about him that SOMETHING wasn’t right. There was a movie in the 1990s (that I saw at Tower City Cinemas in Cleveland, which is fitting) called Mimic, about cockroach monsters (called, The Judas Breed) that could mimic a human from a distance and look like a guy standing there in a trench coat to trick someone into getting close enough for the bug to eat. The movie was creepy because you could tell there was SOMETHING wrong with the guy on the train platform standing there, even if you could not figure out he was a giant cockroach Judas Breed monster until it was too late. Clearly, Ted Cruz is not a cockroach monster (I don’t think), but he’s hiding something and he creeps me out. Richard Viguerie said some things today at Conservative HQ that echoed a few observations that friends of mine made in comments on my earlier article about Cruz’s dark hidden secret. What if his secret is that all of this Bible and religious stuff is just an act for him and that he truly believes none of it? It’s just stuff he says because he sees an opportunity to exploit that evangelical base for support. Viguerie’s article is worth reading. He says that what Cruz did last night shows he does not truly live up to the Bible standards that he claims to be all about. Now, if Viguerie is correct then that jives pretty well with people who say Cruz’s deep dark secret (that so many of us pick up on) might just be simple as the fact that when he’s standing there giving his speeches and delivering his performances, the thing he’s hiding is the fact that he doesn’t believe any of what he’s saying. The theory is that he is really not religious, that he thinks evangelicals are chumps for buying what he’s selling, and that he’s a snake in the grass making fools of everyone. If you approach all this with the operating theory that Cruz is hiding a secret…and the secret is that he is NOT the religious person he says he is…then look how neatly Viguerie’s article falls right into place. It all makes sense. Or maybe he’s a cockroach monster. Donald Trump is about to become President of the United States in real life and not just in a Sharknado movie, so anything is possible.
Read the rest of this entry »
[h/t Governor Palin for sharing this video, “Road to Nowhere,” via Breitbart today.]
Ted Cruz is someone who has always given me the creeps and heebie-jeebies, though I’ve never been able to figure out why. His wife Heidi also sets of warning bells in my brain, though to a lesser extent. She comes across to me as someone who is married to a very strange and bizarre man and the oddness about her fits with her being a woman who protects the secret(s) of her strange husband. Cruz jives perfectly with being a man whose face strains to hide something dark and unacceptable that he conceals from the world. I just have never been able to figure out what that secret is.
I don’t think that Cruz is secretly gay, because that’s a totally different sort of look on a man’s face. Closeted gay men give themselves away in their eyes and other gay men (at least) can see that they are diverting great energy to obsessively ensuring that no one figures out their secret when they are talking and interacting with others. It’s like a computer whose memory and operating system resources are being diverted to the BUTCH IT UP program, and everything else runs clunkily as a result. One great example of this is Lindsey Graham, because you have to be blind not to see it in his face, especially around the Bette Davis eyes:
But, this is not what I see when I look at Ted Cruz. I don’t think that Cruz is gay, or even bi, but I think he’s hiding something else and Heidi’s clearly in on whatever that secret is and protects it for Cruz.
Over the last year, several people have brought this topic up in conversation with me separately. Every time it’s happened, the person wanting to speculate on what Cruz’s secret could be had reached a point where he or she just couldn’t take it any longer…they all had to talk about it with someone, but they didn’t want to gossip. Ted Cruz is a sitting United States Senator and he ran for president…and like him or not people wanted to give him respect. I think everyone can tell that there is something off and something wrong about Cruz, but no one wanted to offer any private theories on what his secret could be. Though everyone agreed he looked like he’s hiding SOMETHING. Here’s a rundown of some of the theories for what Ted Cruz could be hiding:
1. More than one person has raised the question whether Ted Cruz is a cross-dresser at home. There’s something about his face where he looks like he recently was wearing makeup. If you know any drag queens, even when they are dressed as men and are not performing, their faces look like they were wearing makeup yesterday. The makeup doesn’t totally come off, or their faces just become so used to wearing the makeup that it leaves an impression. I’ve never done drag, so I’m not sure exactly how this works. But several people I know have wondered if at home Ted becomes Teddi and if Heidi helps him apply his makeup or shops for his alter ego’s clothes. He’s straight…but enjoys cross-dressing. He wants to stay a male and is not transgender, but enjoys dressing up like a woman when no one else is around. The Amazon Prime tee-vee show Transparent has characters like this; one memorable episode from Season One (Ep:8, “Best New Girl”) was a flashback to the 1980s, where Jeffrey Tabor’s cross-dressing character Mort heads to a wilderness retreat with other married men who like to wear women’s clothes. None of them identify as gay and even get upset and puff up when someone would imply that they were gay. They insisted they were real men…who just enjoyed dolling themselves up to unwind and relax. Many of these men brought their wives along to the retreat, where they helped them with their makeup and wigs and accessorizing their fancy outfits. I can easily picture Ted and Heidi Cruz being part of a group like this. Watch just this episode for yourself and see if you get the same vibe.
2. Since there is a difference between being a transvestite (a man who enjoys wearing women’s clothes but wants to stay a man) and being transexual (a man who wants to change his gender to female), perhaps Ted Cruz’s dark secret that telegraphs across his face is that he in his heart is a transexual but can never admit it openly or do anything about it. If you remember Bruce Jenner before he became glamorous socialite Caitlyn Jenner, Bruce always had a strained, strange look on his face that telegraphed that something was not right about him. Now that he’s transitioned into Caitlyn, that look on his face is gone. It was replaced by relief and happiness. A lot of people I know have mocked Caitlyn (and Bruce for transitioning into Caitlyn), but I beg you to be charitable towards her and to respect her transition. Here in Chicago, I personally know several transmen (people who were born female and raised as girls but who felt they were in the wrong bodies and transitioned into living their lives as males later in life). In pictures from when they were living as female, there is a clear sense of “off” and “struggle” on their faces that is completely gone now that they have transitioned. I don’t know any transgender male-t0-female people, but using the Caitlyn Jenner example, it jives with the transmen that I do know. I wonder if Ted Cruz is someone tortured by the fact that he, like Bruce Jenner, would like to transition into being female but because he is a public figure he knows he can never do that. In one of the interviews that Caitlyn gave after debuting for the first time in her glamorous socialite form (as opposed to the Olympic athlete that Bruce Jenner was), she revealed that Bruce’s wife Kris Jenner knew that s/he was transgendered and supported him/her for years, helping him/her shop and learn how to do her makeup and how to wear wigs etc. When no one else was home, Bruce would put on fancy cocktail dresses and glam himself up as Caitlyn and Kris would be loving and supportive and help Caitlyn emerge. Is Heidi Cruz doing something similar for her husband Ted at home, though Ted knows he can never transition publicly and live his life as a woman the way that Olympian Bruce transitioned into socialite Caitlyn? Look at Bruce’s face before he transitioned: do you see similarities to the struggle on Ted Cruz’s face? When I look at old photos of Bruce, his face is hiding a secret different from Lindsey Graham (who is closeted gay). Ted Cruz’s weird face to me looks more like Bruce’s than Lindsey’s, leading me to believe that it’s more likely that Ted hides a transgender or transvestite secret than being secretly gay.
3. If we assume that Ted Cruz is not secretly gay or a transvestite or transgender, then what else could his secret be? The next option would be that he is into really weird sexual things that he doesn’t want the world to know about (and I don’t much want to think about here at breakfast time). Every year in Chicago, there is a leather fetish festival called IML (International Mr. Leather). This is held over Memorial Day weekend downtown and people come from all over the world to participate. Men who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, school teachers, etc. and have to live a buttoned-down, buttoned-up life hiding their passions and perversions have this one weekend a year to let their freak flags fly. Some guys who come to IML just like walking around bare chested in harnesses with ass-less leather chaps and leather police hats and wearing chains and all of that, like a Tom of Finland drawing. Others are into deeper fetishes, like dressing up as a dog and being treated like a dog; drinking other people’s urine; dressing up as a “pony” and pretending to be a horse or some other animal; wearing diapers and bibs and pretending to be an “Adult Baby Diaper Lover” (ABDL); or just engaging in the kind of Bondage or Domination play that the public got a largely vanilla taste of in that 50 Shades of Grey book series. The people who are into these kinds of fetishes give off a vibe that they are into something that they have to hide. For the 51 weeks a year when they are NOT at IML, if you encounter these people at the supermarket or dentist’s office or library or wherever, they would be running a program in their heads that goes PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT…hoping you never pick up any clues or figure out whatever dark thing they are into sexually with their fetish. The more money these people have, the more elaborate their indulging of the fetish. For instance, some of these people who are doctors or lawyers or businessmen have well-stocked and expensive leather dungeons and play rooms in their homes; these are locked rooms full of various sex toys and equipment, themed to whatever their personal fetish is. A lot of these men are married and their wives allow them to have one weekend a year to go “play” in Chicago. If you see photos of them taken during the 51 weeks a year when they have to hide who they really are and compare it to what their faces look like during IML, it is night and day. When they are able to turn off the program running in the background devoted to PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, their faces relax and the “off” vibe goes away. Could Ted Cruz have an ABDL fetish, where he dresses up in Pampers and rolls around on the floor with a pacifier in his mouth in a secret nursery he’s built inside his mansion, with his wife Heidi participating and playing along as his “mommy,” feeding and changing and and spanking him? There are stranger people who attend IML…and Cruz sure would have the resources to keep such a secret hidden.
4. Is Cruz’s secret darker? I hate to say it, but he’s always given me a Norman Bates/serial killer kind of vibe. People who have this don’t necessarily have to have actually killed, but could be a serial killer who just never had the opportunity in life to act on that. These people seem to be those who listen to dark, heavy metal music behind closed doors or watch torture porn or other extreme videos when no one can see them. Is that Cruz’s secret? Is he into sick, depraved things and does Heidi enable this and look the other way for her husband? Remember that episode of Friends where Monica thought Chandler was into shark porn and enjoyed masturbating to videos of bloody shark attacks? She loved him at that point, and was willing to let him gratify himself to JAWS if it meant saving their relationship. Is Ted Cruz into something incredibly weird that Heidi allows and facilitates (or looks the other way over) to keep their marriage going? Wives do this kind of thing all the time.
5. Does Cruz have delusions or mental illness that he keeps hidden from the world but Heidi knows about? Many years ago, I worked in a bookstore while in college and one of the regular customers was strange but I never could figure out why I thought he was strange. Other people who worked in the store with me liked him; he was a grandfatherly type and was a regular customer who would always buy whatever Preferred Reader card or other dumb stuff that corporate would make us sell to people. But when he talked to you, there was a weirdness in his eyes and I started to feel like he was wearing a costume when he walked around as the grandfatherly guy…and that inside he was something else entirely or saw himself as something different or had something else totally going on behind the eyes. I didn’t know what his deal was, but the more encounters I had with this guy the more that I started to figure out that when he was talking to one of us in the store that inside his head something else was playing on a screen in his brain behind his eyes. And then one day it happened. The store was mostly empty near closing time. I was shelving books in the religious section, and the nice grandfatherly guy started talking to me about the apocalypse. This was in 1995 or so, before the Internet. Back then, the only people who talked about the apocalypse were people who were traumatized as kids in the 50s/60s with the Cold War’s “The Russians Are Going to Nuke Us, So Learn to Hide Under Your Desks!” scaremongering. These were people who would wait until they got to know you well before they would take you into their confidence and tell you about their conspiracy theories about how the world was destined to end. Because they knew that once they shared this secret with you that you would most likely think they were crazy and not speak to them again, they were very careful with whom they brought into their confidence. That grandfatherly man had a very complicated apocalypse scenario he shared with me one night, involving demons and Soviets and nukes and the Gates of Hell opening and the Rapture (which I heard about for the first time from him) etc. It went on for a good 15 minutes and his face changed during that time. He unburdened himself and the strained visage that seemed tortured by secrets disappeared and this sense of calm spread across his face. He let me in on what he was hiding, and it was that he was completely absorbed by his conspiracy theory/apocalypse nightmare. This is who this man really was…and it took all his effort normally to hide the passion for death and destruction that he kept playing in his brain behind the grandfatherly facade. When I did not share in his zeal for apocalypse and he realized it, he got nasty with me, stomped off, and never spoke to me again because he decided I was “too stupid” to see the truth.
In life, if someone gives you the creeps or if you have a vibe that someone is “off,” then I believe you should trust your instincts. If you think someone is hiding something but you can’t figure out what it is, then that person is probably hiding something (though you may never know what it is). Ted Cruz has always concerned me because his face tells me that he is hiding something, but I don’t know what it is. I do get the feeling that whatever he is hiding it is worse than what normal politicians are hiding. I also believe that his wife Heidi is in on it, knows what it is, enables Cruz, and helps him hide it from the public.
Maybe he’s wearing a bra and panties set under his suits. Maybe he’s a woman trapped in the body of a man like socialite Caitlyn Jenner was trapped inside Olympian Bruce. Maybe Ted Cruz is secretly an adult baby and is only happy when dolled up and pampered by Heidi in an oversized crib in their basement. Perhaps Cruz is into shark porn or walks around all day convinced that today is the day that the Rapture is going to happen and it takes every ounce of self-control not to shout that at the top of his lungs like lunatics do on the street corners of Chicago.
There is something very wrong about this man that has always made me want to stay away from him and his wife. I’ve just never been able to figure out what it is. But, it’s certainly something. And whatever it is, it is BAD.
Do you see this too? What are your theories on what Cruz could be hiding?
WHAT: Day Three, Republican Convention in Cleveland (my hometown…jealous?)
WHEN: Starts at 630pm CST on 7/20/16
WHY: Watching all of it so you can read recap and do other things with your lives (because we are friends like this)
1. So, here we go again. Day Three. I will live stream all of the prime time speeches tonight, taking notes and pointing out equal parts awesomeness and/or absurdity, as I see it. If you enjoy these recaps, please let me know in comments or email me. I don’t mind doing this as long as you get some use out of it. I’m also 90% sure I’m going to do the Democrat Convention too, just to have a complete sets of notes for all of this…and also I am curious how awful it will be. As a former Democrat (the party left me when it veered Left back in 2008 and no longer had a place for people who weren’t crazed Alinskyites), it will be strange for me to see how insane everything has gotten in the party. I’m sure it will be stomach-turning. There will be a lot of lies to document. As far as the Republican side, I haven’t heard much of anything that upset me, except Paul Ryan stupidly using the words “liberal” and “progressive” last night. I think anyone who uses these words in the year 2016 is the stupidest of fools. I love Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and admire them so much, but they are also stupid and are foolish to ever use the words “liberal” or “progressive.” That would be like Burger King calling McDonalds’ food “delicious” and “yummy” in commercials that Burger Kind pays to air. Why on earth would anyone use the words that the opponent wants them to use? Why would you ever make your existential nemesis SOUND APPEALING to people? I do not understand the mental illness or brain defect that afflicts Paul Ryan and others when they do this, but you should only call Democrats LEFTISTS. It’s the party of the Left. It is the Democrat Party (and never say Democratic either…because, again, why give them an appealing adjective?). They are Democrats. Not Democratics. Therefore, they are the Democrat party. Words matter. Not sure why conservatives don’t understand this.
2. Listen to how much more effective everything is when you do get it though. This guy, Paul Joseph Watson, is the greatest thing on two legs. I turned 40 this summer. But this guy makes me feel like I am 16 and I am desperate for him to ask me to the prom. I want to wear his letterman’s jacket. Great Merciful Zeus, if I ever met a guy like Paul Joseph Watson in real life and he was into me too, we would totally have one of those super obnoxious civil union ceremonies that the Media loves pushing in everyone’s faces. You’d be invited. Everybody and their small purse dog and transgendered mailman would be invited. Apologies to my boyfriend Justin, but even he would understand. There is nothing sexier on this entire planet than a man who uses the correct terminology for the Left and just comes at them with a sledgehammer the way that Paul Joseph Watson does. He has three names because clearly his awesomeness could not be contained or accurately described with merely two. Just listen to how impactful what he says is…and then think of how much less effective and/or stupid/foolish it would be if he used “liberal” or “progressive” instead of LEFTIST. Words matter. Sexiness matters, too, if we’re being real. We need so many more guys like this out there every single day. We need so many fewer people still using “delicious,” “liberal,” “yummy,” or “progressive” to describe Democrats.
3. Presentation of Colors at 635pm CST by Boy Scouts from Rocky River (a cool suburb of Cleveland near the lake, parts of which look like Maine or New England and are super charming). Star Spangled Banner is sung by a very nice person. But she ain’t no Whitney Houston. Not a day of my life goes by that I do not thank a generous God in an awesome Heaven for giving us Whitney Houston for 48 years. That voice. That rendition of the national anthem. Proof there is a God and that he loves us very, very, very much.
Top that, Canada. Or Papua New Guinea. Or whatever. Just try and top that. I dare you. Best. National. Anthem. Ever.
4. Here’s the lineup for tonight. Who are you looking forward to hear from?
5. I’m looking forward to hearing Attorney General Pam Bondi, Governor Scott Walker, Eric Trump, Newt Gingrich, and Mike Pence. Not sure why Callista Gingrich shoehorns herself into these things. What does she bring to the table? If Newt becomes Trump’s chief of staff, will she be there too? Maybe I am missing something. Even Harrison Ford doesn’t bring Callista Flockhart to as many things as Newt brings his Callista. Maybe there are surprises planned for tonight, but this looks like the least fun of any night. It will be hard to top the quasi-religious experience that was last night’s Chris Christie GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY? performance. I almost want to stay up all night writing fan fiction based on that, set in a future where Christie spends the next four years aggressively investigating and prosecuting the Clintons, using stadiums around the country to get people to shout GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! on a national tour.
6. Well, this was an improvement from the band last night. Hellllllllllllo, nurse.
7. Band is singing about a Burning Ring of Fire. Nice throwback to Ben Carson’s speech about Democrats worshiping Lucifer by way of Saul Alinksy. The Left is really upset about that speech today, but you either believe the Devil is real or you don’t. I not only believe he’s real, but I’ve seen true evil manifest in this world. Megan Fox and I fought evil for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS on the ground here in Chicago. We fought Democrats in Chicago who wanted child pornography to be available in a public library in the suburbs, and they refused to stop what they were doing…and chose to come after us instead. If that’s not evil, I don’t know what is. If evil and the Devil exists, the next logical step is to realize that God exists. God is real and is the opposite of evil. It’s up to us to choose sides, to choose who we serve. We’re given a few years on this planets, the blink of a cosmic eye, to do the best we can for whatever side we choose. In recent years Democrats have clearly made their choice to serve Lucifer and all the horrors he wants to bring to this world. Republicans have more or less served the Chamber of Commerce, but I believe that Donald J. Trump is an imperfect man who wants to cast his lot with the forces of good. The fact that so many people in BOTH parties want to stop him means that he’s the right man for the right job at this moment in time. Did I ever imagine that I would be supporting Donald Trump for anything? No…but that’s why God has such an awesome sense of humor. I’ve been on so many adventures in the last few years that blew my mind, with incredible twists and turns that had God’s fingerprints all over them. He meant for Megan and me to fight evil in Orland Park and win. I believe he wants Donald Trump to win this election too. It has been a rollercoaster with God pressing a thumb on the tracks, tilting it all in the direction it was meant to go, as wild a ride as it’s been.
8. Rick Scott, Governor of Florida. He thanks everyone for supporting Florida after Islam’s massacre of 50 people in the Orlando gay bar. He’s talking about terrorism. How many times will Islam’s evil have to happen before America faces the truth? How many Orlandos, Ft. Hoods, San Bernadinos, or World Trade Centers have to happen? This war is real. It is here in America. The next president must destroy Islam. It is the great evil in our world. Donald Trump is the man for that job. Scott has known Trump for many years. America is in record high debt. Economy is not growing. Jobs going overseas. Military allowed to decay. Washington grows while the rest of American struggles. Democrats led us off a cliff. He’s right. Perhaps Donald is not police and he is too direct. He is from New York and that is how people are there. Get used to that. He does not pussyfoot around. This election is about the survival of the American dream. It is time for all Americans to put down their partisan banners. Do the right thing for this country. Vote for Donald Trump. I really didn’t like this guy as a speaker. And he is really weird looking. Sorry, but true. Why pick him to talk?
8. Laura Ingrahim. Someone will be really mad at me, but I don’t know who this woman is. I am not sure if she is Dr. Laura or someone else. She seems very nice. But she’s another blonde woman speaking when I think there’s been a lot of that already. Says her grandparents were Polish immigrants who learned English and assimilated. Her mom was a waitress until age 73 years old. Her father worked in a factory. Her mom made her clothes. She wore the same winter coat for 40 years. This sounds a lot like growing up in Cleveland. Any extra money was saved. There is dignity in every job. Every job. No matter what you do. Whoever this woman is, I like her. She’s great. Her brothers picked tobacco and blueberries and raked lawns. Her parents didn’t believe there were jobs that Americans would not do. In the early 1970s, she watched the news with her mom. Why are people burning the American flag? Honey, because their parents didn’t teach them about respect. You would have loved her mother. This speech is good. She should have gone first, not Governor Scott. Respect is in decline in America. People don’t respect the government. Government does not respect the people, not even veterans. Politicians do not respect Constitution or the life of infants in womb or elderly who languish alone (Google Chester Siniawski for a horror story about that). People do not respect police. Police do not respect the people. Public office holders do not respect the rule of law. Isn’t that right, Mrs. Clinton? I really hate to have to keep saying this, but Hillary Clinton did something so horrible when she lied the way she did. It makes me so sick and heartbroken she did this. Our allies overseas do not respect us. It’s sad to see this happy to country we love. This is our home. It belongs to us and our children. It is where our dead are buried. We deserve better. We can do better. We must do better. She’s a great speaker! We have to turn this around. We have to restore respect across all levels of society. Hillary created status quo and that’s why she thinks it is fine. Trump knows that a nation without borders is no nation at all. Hillary wants no borders. Trump knows that you must put citizens first. Hillary thinks America is just another nation in a global order. Trump knows that America’s greatness comes from her people and freedom. Comes from God. Hillary Clinton believes greatness can only be found in globalism and government bureaucracy that she wants to rule over as a queen. Hillary thinks government solution for every problem. No, Hillary, you are the problem. Hold the phone: Laura Ingrahim says she was in high school in 1979. WHAT??????????? She looks younger than me and my friends! She doesn’t even look like she’s 40. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She says the wait for greatness is over. It’s done. Trump is here. He’s going to stop the craziness. He will work tirelessly to get country back on track. We should all — even the #NeverTrump people — must honor pledge to support the Republican nominee now. Tonight. Tonight. TONIGHT. Democrats are nominating the woman who helped orchestrate America’s decline. This is a bad joke, like skinny jeans on men or man buns. Ha! She doesn’t want to tell stories to kids about how great America used to be. Never give up. Rise to every challenge. We fight. We win. We are Americans. Trump won the Republican nomination because he dared to call out the phonies and the fraud and the corruption that has gone unexposed for too long. DO YOUR JOB MEDIA! She got THUNDEROUS applause with that line. Extended standing ovation. Doing your job is a novel concept. Boy is she a good speaker. What a joke the Media is. America is onto you. Donald Trump respects us enough to tell the hard truth. Speak the truth about immigration, trade, diminished status around the world. Even in the face of unfair criticism and sheer hatred. They had their chance. Now, it is our chance. America, let us tonight go forth and reject the politics of division. Let’s defeat the Clinton Machine. Let’s send the consultants, the pollsters, and the lobbyists packing. Let’s give the power back to the people. Let’s elect Donald Trump president of the United States. God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America.
9. Businessman Phil Ruffin next. Friend of Trump. Word is his bond. If he tells you something, you can put it in the bank. He can look at a deal and make something great out of it. GE Building, Trump bought and made $300M off it. Palm Beach. Trump paid $40M for it, sold for $100M. Shows what I know. He has put tens of thousands of American workers to work. These are high paid construction jobs. $40 to $50 an hour. Does this all over. He did it in Chicago with Trump Tower. He did it in New York. Name is all over the place. Miami. He just bought a country club. Loves Florida. Las Vegas too. This guy is charming and fun. I like hearing from these real people who work with Trump. I like this so much better than people like that Lt. General Flynn, Kevin McCarthy, or Governor Scott…who were the worst speakers so far. This guy Phil Ruffin is good. Talks about Trump not giving up. Smart. Honors commitments. Pays bills on time. Paid off all debt. Vegas project became a huge success.
10. This is how I think of Donald Trump being President, based on what people say about him:
11. Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi next. November 8th is day of reckoning for all those who abuse power. We talk back our government. I think she spoke in 2012. I remember her being really good then. Winning election means reclaiming rule of law. The law must apply equally to everyone and back our law enforcement. They have our backs and Trump will have their backs. These laws are under siege by a President determined to ignore what he does not like and Hillary who feels law does not apply to her. Take away her security clearance. How do you become president when you can’t have security clearance. Hillary believes our enemies deserve our respect and empathy. That is crazy. Trump believes that terrorists deserve to die. Our enemies are evil and deserve to die. Hillary will fill SCOTUS with Leftists to rampage against our rights, utter contempt for Second Amendment. She knows Trump. He will appoint conservative Justices who will defend and not rewrite our Constitution. Are you ready to send Islam a message that America is coming after them? When Donald Trump is president he will come after them. So on November 8th remember this. If you believe in limited government and constitutional rights. If you believe in rule of law. If you want America to act like America again, there is just one choice: TRUMP
12. Then they played a video about astronauts.
13. Eileen Collins, Astronaut, speaks. First woman to command space shuttle. We are a nation built by people who were not afraid to do something first. Pave our way forward. We are a nation of explorers. Kennedy issued challenge to land man on moon and bring him home safely. 40 years ago, that happened. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. Took flag and plaque, men from Earth set foot on moon July 1969. We came in peace for all mankind. Landing to fulfill leadership challenge and to explore. Exploration leads to invention and discovery. Our robots sent to other planets provide info on our own planet. It’s been over 5 years since US has launched astronauts from own soil. We must do better than that. Countries that are strong explore, invent and discover. Heritage of explorers. Need president who will make space program first again. Make America great again. Thank you and God Bless America. She was kind of low energy but it was cool to hear from a space shuttle commander.
14. Michelle van Etten, Businesswoman. Anecdote about wanting to have a circus as a kid. Father told her that she should have dreams and do work and get job done. At 20 year reunion, she decided to dream again. Open up home based business. When you go after dream, you must fail forward and never quit. Level up to become the type of person you want in the business. Her husband was able to retire and homeschool her children because she will not subject them to Common Core. She owns small business, fashion studio in Florida. Envy House of Style. Florida rocks. She is living American dream. She’s also wearing a cape, which is awesome. Millennials want to be own bosses but will not be able to because of excessive policies and eight years of the Left’s overtaxing, over regulating, and killing American dream. Small businesses are backbone of America. We live in land of opportunity and must protect American dream above all else. American dream is being denigrated because of what is going on. We need a change. If you want a change and you believe we can make a difference then we need a businessman and not a Hillarycrat. We need president that believes that business is the backbone of America. Do not raise taxes. Protect children. End Common Core. Repeal Obamacare. Allow small businesses to provide healthcare. Foster creativity and innovation. Bring back manufacturing. She seems like a nice person but kind of lost her way in the remarks and stumbled a bit. Not the best choice for a speaker.
15. State Senator Ralph Avaraddo. From Kentucky. Commonwealth of Kentucky. Gratitude for addressing assembly. First Hispanic elected to general assembly in Kentucky. I’m really sick of hearing about Hispanics. I feel like our country is under apartheid right now: feels like Hispanics dictate everything, yet they are only like 17% of the population. They have an oversized influence and oversized emphasis. Why do we allow them to be the thing we have to hear about over and over and over again all the time? Hispanics need to learn English, assimilate, join melting pot, and start seeing themselves as Americans. Not hyphenated anything. Stop the obsession with where relatives used to live years ago. Become an American in the melting pot and leave the Spanish behind. Make English your present and your future. This guy Ralph is saying that Hillary does not want people to succeed, wants them to stay poor. Obama wants to restrict rights. Rejects honesty, lies all the time. IRS enemies list. Green energy cronyism. Benghazi. Banking scandals. On and on and on. Hillary lies all the time too. Face decision. Do we want more lies? Or do we want someone brutally honest like Trump. Decision is about whether America will go up or it will go down. We need to protect American dream. Only one candidate who will protect for future generations. It is Trump. UGH! Then he gibbers in Spanish. I HATE THIS. I HATE HEARING SPANISH. I hate this so much. Speak English. SPEAK ENGLISH. It makes me sick hearing Spanish. Spanish is the language of poverty. No Spanish speaking country has its act together. All Spanish speaking countries are dysfunctional and backwards and poor. Learn English to get ahead. Speak English and get your act together. Spanish is like nails on the chalkboard to me. Leave the Spanish behind when you move here. Speak English at home. Leave the Spanish in the place that you left and start a new life in English.
16. Darrel Scott, Pastor. He’s a dynamic and high energy speaker. I like him. Says Democrats have failed America. More divided now than ever before. We need to put into practice what makes our nation great. Source of strength. Do what’s in our best interests. The greater America is, the greater the world becomes. Trump is a patriot. Someone who loves country, supports its authority, and promotes its interests. Many Leftists believe we are nation just like any other. But we are not like any other. We are the greatest nation in history. We are proud of being Americans and proud of being patriots. We must be a melting pot. We have diversity but must stand tougher as Americans and stand together as one nation under God indivisible. We are here as Americans regardless of race, creed, and color. All men are created equal and are endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights. He quotes Dr. King. Donald Trump will rebuild the broken trust between citizens and government. The last 8 years have been bad for black people. Civil unrest and national distress. This is one of most crucial elections in American history. Trump will unify. Will get people from NO to YES. Problem solving. Find common ground. Move forward.
17. Harold Hamm, Continental Resources. Talks about energy. President Trump will fuel future and achieve American energy independence. Obama has tried to destroy energy. He gave Iran the bomb and billions and vilified Israel. Obama and EPA want to crucify America’s oil and gas producers. Hillary wants to destroy everything too. Nation should embrace energy independence. Not eliminate. Hillary wants to kill jobs and drive up prices. Wants to increase imports from enemies. Wants to get rid of foreign oil. When he grew up he picked cotton barefoot. Left home at 20 with nothing and made something of himself. Trump will restore American dream. Make America great again. God Bless America.
18. Governor Scott Walker. He is handsome too. There are two kinds of guys I think are really hot: lumberjack/cowboys who are rough and tumble and the nerdy-sexy guys. Every boyfriend of mine has been one or the other (except one French guy, who was just pure Prince Charming). The only thing I don’t like about Walker is that he does the Politician Shouting into the Microphone Thing. This is how Hillary talks. I don’t like listening to it. It’s really disappointing that he talks like this. I loved how Chris Christie talked last night, like a person. Not like a political robot who is shouting. It actually hurts my ears to listen to Scott Walker shouting. Boy, he would have made a TERRIBLE presidential or vice presidential candidate. I would have hated to have to listen to this more than once. Good to know he is not great on a national stage. He is doing this really condescending thing too: every few minutes he says something and wants the audience to shout the word back to him, like they are school children and he is the second grade teacher. He also is one of the establishment morons who use the word “liberal”. DUMMY. He must have said it a dozen times. IDIOT. They are Leftists. Stop calling them “liberal” because you HELP THEM when you do that. People who don’t follow politics think liberal is a nice word. They like it. It sounds like a liberal helping of sprinkles on ice cream. But LEFTIST? That is a word everyone knows is bad. If you call Democrats by the word LEFTISTS, you instantly make them sound bad to regular people…instead of making them sound good. Scott Walker is a moron to keep calling Hillary a liberal. That makes her sound good to independents! Why on earth are Republicans doing this??? Paul Ryan did this a bunch of times yesterday too. Must be something about Wisconsin that they can’t learn and don’t want to stop using the Left’s chosen terminology. Again, Paul Ryan and Scott Walker are like foolish Burger King executives who keep using the words “delicious” and “yummy” when describing McDonalds…that is what it is like every time a Republican says “liberal” or “progressive” when talking about Democrats. They use words that people respond well to and they help make Democrats more appetizing to people. Why are they so stupid? The rest of Walker’s speech is hard to listen to. It’s just shouting. Shouting, shouting, shouting. Punctuated by asking the audience to shout things with him. It feels like that Chris Farley “Dan Foley” character who lived in the van by the river and would shout at people. Like this:
19. Lynne Patton, Trump Foundation. Talking about the loyalty of the Trump family. I want to say that through the years I’ve known a few people in New York who had encounters with Trump family members. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have said nice things about Donald Trump and Ivanka Trump. I know someone who has met Ivana too (Trump’s first wife). Everyone was always treated well by the Trumps. I’ve never heard a bad thing about people who have worked for the Trumps or encountered them. They seem like really decent, hardworking, kind, and excellence-loving people. They demand excellence. They reward hard work. Trump is the law and order leader we need to heal a divided nation. Islam targeted LGBTQAI in Orlando. Violence in urban communities in Baton Rouge, Minnesota, and elsewhere. Police gunned down in Dallas. Need healing. We need to stop seeing these as attacks on various communities and need to start seeing these as attacks on America, on our values, and on civil society. Sadly, there is not one person who can deny that black lives have mattered less historically and there are people who still believe this. But as a minority I pledge that Donald Trump knows that all lives matter. Blue Lives Matter. This country is more divided now than it was 8 years. Don’t hope for change. Be the change. Vote for the candidate who stands in solidarity with you. I really like when people who work for the Trumps come to speak. I like hearing from them. She’s talking about how great the Trump kids are. Eric, Don, Ivanka are like siblings to her. They are compassionate, charitable, heroes. Believes in opportunity because she saw it first hand. Father was Dr. at Yale, born in Birmingham. Proud to be black, proud to support Trump, proud to be black person voting for Trump. God Bless this country. God Bless this family. God Bless Donald Trump.
20. Senator Marco Rubio. He made a video. It would be nice if the truth ever came out about why he was arrested in a parked car in a park’s parking lot when he was younger. BlindGossip.com had a lot of stories about him, alleging he was prostituting himself (being a rent boy). Others said he was arrested for drugs, but I think they would have prosecuted him for drugs but police usually let male prostitutes go. Since he was in the car with his roommate who later went on to be gay porn producer, I do think it makes more sense he was cruising for johns. A lot of guys who are straight make money like this. It’s called gay for pay. I think Little Marco is straight but wonder what really happened in that car that he doesn’t want to talk about.
21. Senator Ted Cruz. This man sets off every warning bell that I have in me. There is something wrong with him. I do not know what it is, but his face tells me he is hiding a dark secret. I do not know what it is. He is not gay. You can see in a guy’s eyes if he is hiding being gay. I have a hard time spotting a closeted lesbian, but gay men have this thing in their eyes where they are afraid of people finding out they are gay, so they are always trying to make sure that you are buying the illusion they are straight. Their eyes give them away. Cruz’s eyes don’t do that…but his whole face looks like he is hiding some awful secret. Years from now, if it’s ever discovered that he is into something really weird or shocking, I would not be surprised. It would be like, “Well, now we know what that was.” One of my friends thinks he is a cross-dresser or something and is secret is that under his suit he is wearing bra/panties. His face looks like he wears lipstick and eyeliner when he is at home. I don’t know what his secret is, but there is something really off about him. And his voice gets to me too. I don’t think Ted Cruz is a bad man. I like most of what he says. But I can’t shake that there is something OFF about him that I can never put my finger on. Just watching him, it bothers me so much. I can’t figure it out what bothers me or what he could be hiding. Cruz is talking about how we the people need to constrain government. I WANT TO BE FREE. He says we have no king or queen. We have no dictator. I would argue we do have a queen at the moment…and Reggie Love would agree on Obama’s queeniness. Cruz says we have to do better for fallen heroes. Hillary lies about caring about things. There is a profound difference about party’s vision for the future. Maybe it’s Cruz’s voice that puts me off? I don’t know. I like the words he is saying…but he is just off-putting to me. Not sure if he can overcome this ever. To me, he has that voice like John McCain and Mitt Romney have that does not have a real testosterone masculinity behind it. I like listening to politicians who talk with a confident and manly voice…not this thing that Cruz does. Not every guy has the big manly voice. Reagan had a great voice. It was manly, but didn’t have to be Zeus-like booming down on people. Rick Perry has a great voice…but too bad he is such a bumbler. If Cruz & Perry could combine into one person, they would be a great candidate. Cruz is a good speaker who can deliver lines well…but the voice and his face are odd to me. What I like about what Cruz is saying is that our Constitution sets things up for states to be diverse and decide things differently at the local level. Not be dictated from an imperial capital. This is how I feel. Washington DC should not be the seat of an empire where all decisions for your life are dictated from Washington. Hillary does want to micromanage everything. Cruz brings up BREXIT and everyone cheers. People fed up with politicians who do not listen instead and benefit elites instead of working men and women. Put America first. BUILD A WALL to keep America safe. I wish that Republicans would hit the Left with Harvard/Yale/Princeton…why can the Ivy League be selective in who they admit, but America has to take anyone who wants to move here? Why doesn’t Harvard have to take any person who walks onto campus and demands free education, free room and board, free everything? That’s something I’d love to see Trump hit with. 47 years ago first man on the moon. That was power of freedom. Republican Party was founded to defeat slavery. Abraham Lincoln was Republican who signed Emancipation Proclamation. Republicans eradicated Jim Crowe though Media will never admit. All the soldiers and sailors who fight Islam today protect our freedom. Need standard for leaders to unite us. Don’t stay home in November. Don’t do what you did in 2008 and 2012. If you love our country, come out and vote against Democrats. Vote Republican up and down ticket. Protect our Constitution. It is love of freedom that made people follow their dreams. Cruz’s father came to Texas with $100 sewn into underwear. His mother was first in family to go to college. We must make the most of our moment. Fight for God given rights. When we are old and gray and work is done, we will be able to say that freedom matters and I was part of something beautiful. Need to make case to American people that we will defend freedom and be faithful to Constitution. We will unite the party and unite the country and stand tougher for shared values and for liberty. God Bless each of you and God Bless the United States of America.
22. Eric Trump. VIDEO: My father Donald Trump. Talks about when Trump told family he was running for president. Trump has most GOP votes of any candidate in primary history. He broke all kinds of records. He inspires Millennials. Eric is a great speaker too. All these Trump kids are such GREAT SPEAKERS. It’s pretty incredible. None of them are in politics. Yet all of them are such practiced speakers. Talks about Trump being sick of political correctness. Sick of War on Christmas. Sick of all the garbage that the Left has been doing. Trump is setting aside his company because he sees that the country needs him. Trump wants to fix the country by applying practical business decisions. Wants to fix what is wrong. We need tax reductions. Need to stop squandering money with inefficient government. Need to bring companies back to the US. Stop letting American companies move overseas. Need president who understands the art of the deal and value of the dollar. President who signs the front of a check, not the back (meaning he is not a taker, he is the boss signing the check not one cashing it). Trump revitalizes things. The Central Park ice skating rink disaster that Trump came in and saved. He stepped in because he was disgusted by the ineptitude. He chipped in $2 million to fix in less than six months, $1 million under budget. City botched it for 5 years. Time for president who can make America great again. Ahead of budget and ahead of schedule too. Revitalized rundown neighborhoods and shaped skylines. It’s what he does. It’s who he is. Oprah once asked if Trump would run for president…only if it got so bad that I had no choice. Well, it got so bad that Trump had no choice. Trump sees frustration of watching our country collapse like that ice rink disaster. He can’t take it. He wants to fix it. Third World colonization leaves innocent Americans defenseless. Secure our border. Become sovereign again. Our nation has become a disgrace. Must fix this. Must stop coddling. Must start leading again. Trump loves country. Wants country to be great again. I had a really hard time back in 2012 trying to like the Romney kids. I never could really get around to doing that. But, I really like all of the Trump kids. These aren’t the kind of people who I would ever encounter in any social circles; these are like the day trader guys in Chicago that are totally not part of my world. But those day trader people are really polite and professional and nice to people. The Trump kids are like that. I can see them being polite and nice to everyone, even if they are part of a different world. The Romney kids were really hard for me to relate to in any way. I never liked them. I never really respected them or thought they did anything except being rich and being the children of Romney. The Trump kids seem like really hard workers. They are successful but not snobby. I like the Alpha Male in them and the Alpha in Ivanka and Tiffany too. They are really very impressive people. Eric is saying why Trump is running. He is talking about all the people who have been let down in the last years and he is saying that Trump is running to help all of them. Trump has never been a government employee or received a paycheck from the government. Can’t be bought or bribed. He’s answerable to no special interests. Trump does not need this job. He is running because he felt he had to. Eric is proud to be a Trump.
23. Newt Gingrich (Callista too, for some reason). I don’t understand why Callista is talking. Nothing against her, but who cares about her? She wrote a children’s book. Which is nice. But, who cares? No one else’s wife came to introduce him. Why couldn’t Newt just come out and talk? I’m sure Newt demanded this before he would speak. Callista is telling everyone what Newt is going to say. Well, why not just have him come say it? This is so weird. I think they did this weirdness back in 2012 too.
Newt finally comes to talk. He says his wife can play the French horn or something in a choir. It was weird. He then says that Trump has encouraged people to come speak and bring everyone together. Trump is generous. Trump is only candidate who will uphold the Constitution. If you want to protect Constitution, the only ticket is Trump/Pence. Trump talks as a historian about Trump. His courage to tell truths about national security. We are at war with Islam. There is no substitute for victory. Current national security elites are incapable of being honest about Islam. They lie about threat. We need to tell truth about danger. If Islam had its way, gays and lesbians would be put to death. If Islam had its way, you would be subject to conversion by sword and no equality or freedom. If you doubt we are at war with Islam, let me refresh your memory. In Germany, Muslim used axe on train. In France, Muslim drove truck into crowd. Muslims in other countries bombing and killing. Islam attacked in Istanbul. Muslim in Paris stalked French cop, tortured wife, streamed on social media for other Muslims to watch. Muslim murdered 49 gays in Orlando. All of this in last 37 days. Accumulating atrocities by Islam. One analysis estimated that since January 2015, 30,000 people have been killed at the hands of Islam. Donald Trump is right. We are at war with Islam. We must change course to win the war. We are losing the war now. Islam is winning. We must win the war. Those who support violence against those who disagree with them. 16 million in Pakistan support violence against those who disagree with Islam. 1,200 women raped by Muslims in Germany on New Year’s. Europe is on the brink if civil war because of Muslim colonists. Everywhere is becoming like Israel because of spread of Islam. Worst case scenario is Islam destroying American city. We could lose 300,000 people. We could lose block after block to nuclear event. In January 2001, Muslims will acquire weapons of mass destruction and kill large numbers. Pakistan has nukes. Iran is close to getting nukes. Turkey is becoming Islamic state. We are sleepwalking through history. We cannot keep in place people who lie to us and who brought us to this place. Every American should be terrified of Hillary presidency. All she does is lie. She lied about Iran deal. She brags about getting away with lies. She lied about Benghazi and then says it does not matter. She wants to bring in more Muslim colonists. Hillary lies about emails, about Saudis. This is not politics. This is Hillary Clinton being pathological liar. First step forward is electing a leader who can be trusted and who speaks truth. That is not Hillary. Safety and security are preconditions for nation. Trump understands it. He will rebuild our military. Secure our borders. There is no such thing as a nation without border. Must end deliberated non enforcement. Will take care of veterans. Hold bureaucrats responsible. Give veterans choices about care. No bureaucrats will get behind vet and doctor. Trump will get America working again. Trump infrastructure program will make us most competitive country in world. Will rebuild our education system and give choice of where kids go to school Rebuild communities. Safety. Security. Restore law and order. Zero tolerance for domestic terrorists calling for death of cops. Secret Service goes after those who threaten president. Law enforcement officers deserve save respect. Bad cops must be held accountable. We are based on rule of law. We must make law apply to everyone. People who come here must assimilate and be absorbed. Trump won party nomination. He is willing to tell truth about things that matter. He will put safety first and defend America first. Challenge for all in hall is to rise above factions. Rise above politics we inherited. We must reject suicidal dishonesty of Hillary Clinton. We can make America great for all Americans.
24. Vice President Mike Pence will be introduced by Paul Ryan. I want Paul Ryan to lose his seat in Congress next month by losing the primary. But, I also admit I want to feed him Oreos and a glass of milk and watch him dunk them, because he’s so cute. He’s terrible in every other way, but he’s cute, cute, cute and I have to admit it. The little cookie-nibbler and Oreo bandit that he is.
25. Vice President Mike Pence speaks. He is like Santa’s younger brother. He says he is a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican in that order. I like how he talks. He is nice to listen to. He does not shout or talk like a robot like Scott Walker. He is manly. I really like that. I am so sick of the wimps. I like that Pence acknowledges he is as boring as mayonnaise. He’s self-depreciating. His grandfather was an immigrant who assimilated. His heroes growing up were JFK and MLK. His parents worked hard. His voice is soaring. Ed Pence was dad. Combat in Korea. Ran gas stations. Great father. Dad died a while ago. Surprised his son is next VP. His mom is there! I love when the candidates’ parents are around. How cool to see son or daughter nominated to high office. I love that. Used to be a Democrat until Reagan Revolution. Karen Pence is his wife. Looks like a very nice woman. She was a school teacher and artist. Has three kids: Charlotte, Audrey, and Andrew (I think). His son is a Marine. The greatest human beings on the planet are United States Marines. A man who raised a son who became a US Marine is a guy I respect. There is nothing greater on this planet than a United States Marine. American people tired of being told what to do, told that we will get to things some day. Tired of being told that an elite in the imperial capital can centrally plan our lives for us. This election comes down to Hillary vs. Trump. Everyone must vow that Hillary Clinton will never become president of the United States of America. Hillary would be third Obama term. She invented Obamacare with Hillarycare. She wants more taxes, more regulation, more government. She tells us this economy is the best we can do. It’s just the best that THEY can do.
I was totally wrong about this guy being mayonnaise in a suit. He’s pretty kickass when you get to know him a little. He’s manly, tough, and he has fight in him. I owe the guy an apology and will give him one.
Mike Pence is pretty cool guy. He is smart, sharp, great with facts. He is engaging. Looking at his family, it’s easy to see he’s a good person too. I get a really good vibe off him. He is honest and decent. Not a wimp. He is not mayonnaise. His voice is fantastic. He really lays out a great case for Trump. Says that independent spirit like Trump is natural leader for land of free and home of the brave. People are chanting USA, USA, USA now. Pence reminds me of dad from an old tee-vee show, in a great way. He’s comforting in a Father Knows Best sort of way. You can’t fake good kids…how about his amazing children. Says that Hillary is a big liar and the opposite of someone who tells the truth. When America wants something new and different they bring most predictable of names…CLINTON. Democrats want to anoint someone who is just Secretary of the Status Quo. This joke fell flat: I would have done it as “Secretary of the State of Confusion…or the State of Denial.” Something like that.
He talks about importance of not letting Hillary appoint justices to SCOTUS. Need to make sure she is not president. Needs president to be Donald Trump. He says that Hillary Clinton disqualified herself from being president. Islam keeps attacking the West. World is spinning apart. Weakness arouses evil. America needs to be strong, world needs American strength. Trump will rebuild strength. He will confront Islam at its source and destroy it. America stands with Israel. Obama Regime ends exactly 6 months from today.
Pence did a really great job. He made me like him. I like Mike! I like Mike! I like Mike! He will be a great VP.
— And that’s a wrap! We’ll do this again tomorrow night for the 4th and final day of the convention from Cleveland. What were your thoughts on tonight? Chime in below in comments or Tweet me on the Twitters —
If you enjoyed this recap and the other writing on this site, please consider reading our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In 2013, Megan Fox and I caught a local public library covering up sex crimes happening in the building, including child pornography being accessed but the library staff deliberately chose not to call the police. We filed Freedom of Information Act Requests to obtain the library’s internal documents and also police records to piece together how big of a problem was ongoing in this Chicago suburb. Instead of handing over the document as they were required to do by law, the library and the entire Village of Orland Park decided to fight us. Chief Timothy J. McCarthy and the Orland Park Police engaged in a pattern and practice of harassing Megan and me, to try to scare us off this case and make us drop our investigation. We had to take the Village and the library to court to get the documents we wanted. The Police Department violated the law and ended up having to settle with us for $12,000 over its violations, all committed as part of Chief McCarthy’s plan to stymie us or scare us away. The American Library Association got involved and encouraged a library employee to file a meritless SLAPP lawsuit to scare us away. So, Megan and I had to defend our First Amendment rights in federal court. The library tried censoring and silencing us. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us. Chief McCarthy’s police officers threatened us. Library employees and their families targeted Megan for online harassment and someone left dead animals in her yard and vandalized her car. The police would do nothing to stop the harassment, as local government circled the wagons to protect itself and keep the truth from the public. In the end, we discovered YEARS worth of sex crimes that went unreported. Women sexually harassed in that library. Women and children sexually stalked. Men openly masturbating at computers. Child pornography being allowed to be viewed without police being called. That’s why they fought so hard to silence us, threaten us, scare us, and bully us. They didn’t want any of this getting out. We have it all documented in our book. I hope you read it. It’s currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, as the American Library is putting out enormous pressure on libraries to NOT carry the book…even though it’s the only book we can find that’s ever been written that exposes criminal activity and cover-ups in public libraries.
They did everything they could to use except murder us.
Maybe you can ask your own local public library to carry the book as well? Here’s a preview of what’s in it!
What: Day Two of Republican Convention in Cleveland, 7/19/16
Stream: Using either YouTube for GOP official stream or CSPAN stream to watch online
Why: Real time notes as convention unfolds, starting at 430pm CST on 7/19/16
1. If you enjoy these live streams of the convention, let me know in comments. I don’t mind doing this every day for people who are not able to watch the whole thing and would like a summary as it’s happening. I’ll also Tweet shorter comments throughout if you’d like to follow on Twitter too.
2. Here are the speakers scheduled for tonight:
3. CSPAN really is a terrific resource. In addition to the live stream, they have historical postings about past conventions as well, including videos of past speeches. They only go back to the 1980s from what I can see, but maybe they have other years on there too. We’re really at a point where culturally the 1980s are becoming ancient history to a lot of people and Millennials are 90s-minded, so anything before Reagan is being forgotten it seems.
4. I don’t know if I am enjoying this convention more than others because it’s being held in my hometown or if I enjoy it because it’s just so much better than a typical convention. I love that the Bush Family and McCain/Romney boycotted it. All sorts of other terrible people I don’t like have also stayed away. I wish Paul Ryan didn’t show up and I hope he gets booed. Looking at the list of speakers, I am most interested in what the Attorney Generals are going to say. Hope they talk about FBI Directory Comey and the decision to look the other way regarding the crimes he admits that Hillary Clinton committed with her email server. I am also looking forward to hearing from Donald Trump’s son and daughter and Ben Carson (whom I hope is the next Surgeon General). Chris Christie will be a great speech too. I hope he is our next Attorney General.
5. I hope that Trump announces who he’d like his Cabinet to be. It feels like at least two Cabinet members will be speaking tonight (Carson and Christie). Trump could legally say who he’d like to be in his Cabinet by saying “someone exactly like Chris Christie for Attorney General” and “someone just like Ben Carson for Surgeon General” without breaking any election rules of offering positions to someone during a campaign. But it would be nice if for the first time in history the American public was given an idea of who would fill out the Cabinet before deciding on the President. In reality, when the public elects someone to the presidency, they are choosing who will fill all those other positions by nature of the fact that the person they choose for the top spot fills out everything else. Why can’t Americans have a better idea of what their choice means? I like the notion of Trump coming forward and showing what he’d like his administration to look like. This way, Americans have a better idea of what their future would be like for the next 4 years with the various people who will be making the news by running various federal agencies.
6. It’s 430pm CST. Getting my CSPAN on. They are showing people in the convention hall wearing funny hats, I guess representing their states. Going to something like this is totally not my kind of thing at all. I just think it’s all so wasteful and don’t understand the need to travel to one place to do all this stuff, but that’s just me. I also don’t know why it needs to be an entire week. Are regular people (who don’t follow politics closely) really watching this? To me, money would be better spent producing a really good documentary movie and then having the networks all air it. Each side would make a movie and have their speeches. The networks could show Republicans’ movie one night. The next week they would show the Democrats’ movie. The parties could have the movies available on YouTube too. And no one would have to wear silly hats and spend all that money traveling. But, again, maybe I don’t understand the joy of wearing silly hats as it’s not my thing.
7. There are a lot of white people enthusiastically dancing badly to a mediocre band playing “Keep on rolling.” This is like any ticketed street festival in Chicago where there is an admission price during the summer. It will only be suburban white people wearing crisp resort wear, holding drinks, and dancing like this (some with silly hats). It’s such a Chicago thing.
8. A lot of Hillary for Prison signs in the crowd. It really makes my heart sick what Hillary did to herself, and by extension her loyal supporters from 2008. In a just world, Hillary would have had to go before a grand jury of citizens who would have decided if she should stand trial. Instead, the Establishment decided to circle wagons and not prosecute her. In my opinion, only a grand jury should have made that decision. I also feel strongly that Director Comey, if he was a decent man, should have resigned on July 5th in his speech. He should have stood there and said that he was pressured to not recommend prosecution of Hillary…and that since he took an oath when he joined the FBI that he could not longer serve in an organization that had been so corrupted. He should have made history that day, calling on every honest FBI officer to resign along with him in protest. Can you imagine the historic moment that would have been? If thousands of FBI agents/officers had walked out of the Hoover Building? Hillary Clinton would have been forced to withdraw from the race that day. It would have been like the ending of The Pelican Brief movie. July 6th, Loretta Lynch would have been pressured to resign in disgrace. By the end of the week, I think the good FBI people could have been brought back, the bad apples involved in the pressuring of Comey would have been rooted out, and the Senate could have called hearings to start cleaning up the Justice Department. Men today have no guts and no testosterone and nothing below the waist these days. They are all so timid. Just imagine if Comey had been a real man from another era and how he could have altered history by bringing down Hillary, Lynch, and the corrupt Justice Department that day. What a missed opportunity.
9. Reince Preibus opens the convention. Cleveland Police Color Guard presenting flags. A bunch of people dressed up in ethnic costumes came onto the stage for some reason to do the Pledge of Allegiance. I kind of think the ethnic stuff needs to be put away once people come to this country. When you become an American citizen, your nationality becomes American. If you were born here, your nationality is American. Wherever distance relatives of yours lived 100 or 300 years ago is irrelevant. Save the ethnic costumes for Halloween. Wear red, white, and blue instead.
10. 450pm CST Paul Ryan is speaking. UGH. I can’t stand him and I want him to lose his primary race, but I still think he is handsome. I hate myself for thinking he is handsome. I think nerdy is sexy though. Curse you Paul Ryan, for simultaneously being sexy as well as terrible. No wonder you remind me of my ex Harvey (who you can read about in SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment).
11. Jeff Sessions gives nominating speech. Nation is falling apart. Government says you need to be politically correct. If you complain, then you will be attacked. One man, Donald Trump was not intimidated. He would not be silenced. He spoke the truth. He gave voice to the people’s concerns. He said that the trade deals have hurt America. We must secure our border. That our nation must be strong. That we must defeat Islam. We just restore law and order. We must support our courageous and good law enforcement officers. The American voters heard this message and they rewarded Donald Trump’s courage and leadership with a huge victory in the primaries. Trump dispatched one talented and fine candidate after another. Momentum and a movement started. Democrats and independents responded. Trump received more primary votes than any Republican candidate in history. Sessions talks about Trump he knows: wonderful family that he loves. He is courteous and generous. He is positive by nature. He has tremendous energy and strength. He is a warrior and winner. He loves America and wants to see it be a winner again.
12. Chris Collins (NY) speaks next. China and Mexico are stealing our jobs. Time to take back our country and make United States great again. President Trump will build wall and secure our borders. He will defeat terrorism and make our country safe again. Trump will bring back our stolen jobs. Western New Yorkers know that Donald Trump is not a candidate but a movement. He seconds Sessions’ nomination of Trump to be the 45th President of the United States of America.
13. South Carolina Lt. Governor speaks next. He was the first elected official to endorse Donald Trump. He seconds the nomination as well. Talks about 12/7/1941, after Pearl Harbor, the Japanese admiral realized all they did was awaken a sleeping giant. But the giant went back to sleep. In recent years, the world lost confidence in the US. Weakness, decline, chaos and oblivion. CS Lewis: men without chess, haunting words. 8 years of incompetence, arrogance, and disrespect for rule of law. American people have had enough. I’ve had enough. You’ve had enough. We’ve all had enough. It’s time to act. We are going to act. The sleeping giant of the American giant has been awakened and is sounding the call to make America great again. Trump is remarkable man. Strength, accomplishment, vision. He will win the ferocious battle ahead. Have you seen Trump with people at the rallies? They wait 8 or 10 hours just to be able to meet and see the man. People cry, WE LOVE YOU DONALD and he says he loves them too. He gives autographs, smiles, and enjoys posing for photographs. He loves his wife Melania. He loves his family. He is walking away from a business enterprise because he loves his country and he wants to go to work for us. We are awakened. We are filled with resolve to fight and win. There’s something happening here. What it is is precisely clear. We will make America great again with Donald Trump.
14. ROLL CALL OF STATES: I actually really enjoy watching this, hearing all the states, seeing the people chosen to speak. This is one of my favorite parts of the convention.
Alabama (50 delegates); talks about football teams and hollers, home of Saturn 5 rocket to moon, place with two great Trump rallies. 36 votes for Trump.
Alaska (28 delegates); largest state in union, more coastline than any other, energy, Arctic, fishing tourism, God Bless Alaska last frontier. 28 votes Trump
American Samoa (9 delegates); hello world and hello America, southern most reaches of US soil, greatest exporter of NFL players, whole kit and caboodle of 9 delegates to future President Donald J. Trump
Some of this does start to feel like one of the Star Wars prequels. Where George Lucas took the action to the Galactic Senate for votes on trade negotiations.
Arizona (58 delegates); hottest state for job growth. 58 votes to Trump.
Arkansas (40); land of opportunity. Birthplace of Johnny Cash and Al Green. Republicans control almost all offices. Unemployment at lowest in history. Best duck hunting. Rice production. Catfish. World cast trout. Cast 25 votes for Donald Trump.
California (172); shouting WE WANT TRUMP, important for our sons to have good jobs and hope for future; safety in communities; Donald Trump is candidate that can provide hope and opportunity of true America. 172 votes to next President Donald J. Trump. God Bless you and God Bless America. WE WANT TRUMP WE WANT TRUMP WE WANT TRUMP This speaker was awesome!
Colorado (37); the state where plains meet the mountains, Denver Broncos, centennial state votes 4 votes to Donald J. Trump.
Connecticut (28); manufacture Pez, submarines, and WWE, all 28 delegates to Trump.
Delaware (16); first state to ratify constitution, diverse state of millennial candidates will win control of state legislature, all votes to Trump.
District of Columbia (19); delineated by Washington, graced by Lincoln, home of Frederick Douglas, 9 votes to Kasich 10 to Rubio. But that does not follow rules so 19 votes go to Trump. People got MAD when they tried to give delegates to other people than Trump.
Florida (99); sunshine state, Disney World, Florida keys, Daytona racing, 600 miles of beaches, paradise where you vacation but we live, home to veterans. State that gave LeBron James first two championships. Cannot win presidency without Florida. All 99 votes to Trump.
Georgia (76); peach state, number one state for business and business growth, Governor Nathan Dale, 42 votes for Trump. There are weird pauses sometimes when someone at a table is writing things. Not sure what they are doing on the stage.
Guam (9); tip of the spear of American might; home of B-1s and B-52s keeping America’s enemies at bay; place where tourists from Asia come to get a piece of America in Asia. Where America’s day begins, Guam…9 delegates to Trump.
Hawaii (19); Aloha from Hawaii. From Maui to Kauai, Trump 11 delegates.
Idaho (32); famous potatoes. Most Republican state in US. All statewide officers Republican. Red state. Proud to cast votes. 12 votes to Trump. More confusion at the table for some reason. There is shouting in the background.
Illinois (69); says Bruce Rauner is best governor. 54 delegates to Trump. Then the guy hooted like Howard Dean until microphone cut off.
Indiana (57); talks about Hoosiers and Pence. 57 votes to Trump.
Iowa (30); go hawks!; home of two hardest working US senators Grassley and Ernst and longest serving governor in history, Brandstad. 30 votes to Trump.
Kansas (40); home of world series champs Royals; home of iconic Bob Dole; 9 votes to Trump. I think they are checking the math or something with an abacus at the table.
Kentucky (46); home of Churchill Downs and American Pharaoh; largest Toyota plant; Chevy corvette; bourbon fit to drink in world; citizens respect God and constitution and military and police; 17 for Trump. Then there’s a pause as math is done at the table. Why didn’t they do math before now?
Louisiana (46); something about terrabone parrish; BUILD A WALL and restore national sovereignty. 31 Trump
Maine (23); forests lakes, state with 1 remaining federal Democrat; began Republican revival in Northeast; leading New England to greatness again; 9 votes Trump
Maryland (38); Chesapeake Bay; oldest state capital, birthplace of anthem, Naval Academy, Baltimore Orioles, alls 38 votes to Trump
Massachusetts (42); outperformed polls for Trump; Parson Hicks casts votes: guess what..we may be bluest state but 22 votes go to Trump. We will watch him make America great again come November.
Michigan (59); a woman who sounds like a Valley Girl says that Michigan passes. WEIRD
Minnesota; 10,000 lakes, SPAM, late great Prince. Longest drought since casting electoral votes for Republican. 8 votes for Trump
Mississippi (40); birthplace of music, 25 votes to Trump.
Missouri (52); says it is home to the Royals. St. Louis Cardinals, Birthplace of talk radio at Voice of St. Louis; home of Phyllis Scholarly; birthplace of ragtime and Roy Blunt; 41 votes to Trump. That’s what I’m talking about.
Montana (27); grateful to God for quiet beauty and grandeur of mountains and rolling plains. Secure liberty for future generations. 27 delegates to Trump.
Nebraska (36); the good life with great opportunity; corn huskers; find happiness from honest work and word is bond. 36 to Trump
Nevada; where blue lives matter; brought to statehood by first Republican president; what happens in Vegas will not stay in Vegas. We will cast our votes. The guy speaking weirdly called Vegas the capital of Nevada, but it’s not. 16 to Trump
New Hampshire; Corey Lewandowski. No income tax. First victory to Trump in primaries. 11 to Trump.
New Jersey (51); Chris Christie’s son Andrew is cute! 51 delegates to go Trump.
New Mexico (24); Susana Martinez speaks. Says culture is diverse and amazing. Land of enchantment. First female hispanic governor. 24 votes to Trump.
New York (95); PASSES…weird! I think they want to go at end to seal the deal.
North Carolina (72); long leaf pine, wheat grows strong, military installations, majestic Appalachian mountains fastest growing state economies; home of Billy Graham; party founded by blacks and whites; 10% of black colleges are in NC; 29 votes for Trump
North Dakota (28); Governor Dollripple (sp?); home of the current and 5-year SCS football champion bisons; home of national hockey champion U North Dakota hawks; only state to grow younger; 21 votes to Trump
Northern Mariana Islands (9), weather is 85 all year long; 7,000 miles away, first territory to endorse Trump. 9 to Trump
Ohio (66); my beloved Home State; Cleveland the city of champions. OH-IO. Mother of Presidents. 66 votes to Kasich. Which is stupid, but whatever.
Oklahoma (); second home to the Ryans for some reason. Jana Ryan must be from there. Has lots of Republicans in office. Energy and agriculture to fuel and feed country and world. All 77 counties will go to Trump. 24 votes to Trump.
Oregon (28); land of unrivaled beauty, mountains, deserts, pinot noir, cheese, hazelnuts, trees, soccer team Timbers; track town USA and Nike made ducks and beavers cool (what?); fight against Democrat corruption from crooked governor to crooked Hillary; 23 votes to Trump
Pennsylvania (77); keystone state, penguins, defers to New York and to Ed Koch (what?)
New York; the Empire State. Home of Donald Trump. First state to cast majority of votes for Trump. 61 of 62 counties with 60%+ Donald Jr and Ivanka are there! Tiffany too. All the Trump kids. Say New York will be in play. Not a campaign anymore, it’s a movement. Trump reaches total needed…89 delegates. Congratulations dad, we love you says Donald JR. The Trump kids look so proud, so happy. On 7/19/16 at 613pm CST, Trump officially becomes Nominee. New York, New York plays. His kids put him over the top, which is so cool. That’s why the other states deferred, to make this happen.
Then people danced for a long time, with the music playing. It’s official. Donald J. Trump is really the nominee. It still feels like BizarroWorld, but it’s true.
Puerto Rico (23); wants to be 51st state. 23 votes to Rubio because he speaks Spanish like they do.
Rhode Island (19); they are wearing little sailor hats. 1631 colony. Religious toleration/separation church state/ocean state. Beautiful there. Government is not working for people. State run by corrupt Dem machine for 80 years. Ranked near bottom. 50th worst in business climate. Dam leadership rampant with corruption and against transparency. Sounds like what Megan and went up against in Orland Park here near Chicago. 12 votes to Trump.
South Carolina; claims to be true peach state; palmetto state; Charleston city, Myrtle Beach; Boening, BMW, all 50 delegates to Trump
South Dakota (29); home of crazy horse, mount rushmore, 29 votes to Trump
Tennessee (58); the volunteer state, no income tax, balanced budget, surplus, top 5 jobs growth, auto manufacturing; Repub governor and 2 Senators; 2/3 majority in state legislature; pro-life state; 33 votes to Trump. Make America Great Again. Nobody was paying attention at the table so they had to repeat everything. Don’t they have this written down somewhere?
Texas (155); Greg Abbott got burned and couldn’t be there; a man who looks just like Jeb Bush is talking; 12th largest economy on planet; no Democrat won state office since Ann Richards defeated in 1992; they say they love Ted Cruz. I think Ted Cruz is creepy but I can’t place why. Something is wrong with him and he is hiding something but i don’t know what. Says that on November 8th Trump will get phone call from Hillary when she concedes the race. That’s an interesting image to keep in mind. Texas = 48 Trump
US Virgin Islands (9); 5 territories where Americans are denied rights; Alexander Hamilton’s home; emancipated slaves, no passport required to visit Caribbean St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Something else (St. Johns). Make America and Caribbean great again. 8 votes Trump and one could not make up mind.
Utah; has priorities straight, God and country; #1 state for job creation, most reliable Republican state; Trump will get highest percentage from Utah. Always Republican now and forever. 40 votes to Cruz. I hope one day we find out what Cruz’s secret is. His face shows he is hiding something. I do not know what it is and it puzzles me.
Vermont (16); home of Coolidge; nominated in Cleveland in 1924 with running mate from Ohio; don’t expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong; 13 votes for Trump
Virginia (49); they have a man with heavy Hindu accent; I can barely understand him. He calls the state Wah-geen-ee-a. If you can’t understand someone, maybe he’s not the right person to be speaking into microphone. No matter how much you want to seem supportive of diversity. Need someone who speaks clearly without heavy accent. 17 votes Trump.
Washington (44); these people are wearing Christmas trees on heads; state of volcanoes and wheat fields and christmas trees; home of Boening and 100th anniversary. Builders of jets. Named after first president. Proud to nominate Trump to be 45th president. 44 votes for Trump.
West Virginia; holds up coal miner’s hat; says Obama Regime has destroyed coal industry and taken jobs over last 7 years. Need Donald J. Trump. Son of coal miners. Let’s get ready to rumble. First state in the US to recognize Melania Trump as the next First Lady of the United States. Looks better in a dress than Bill Clinton. Home of some golfer. Other guy who played football. Mountaineers. Walk proud. State to put 34 delegates behind Trump. Clean slate. Let’s go get him.
Wisconsin; recognizes Preibus and Ryan. Scott Walker, America’s Governor. Scott Walker is really handsome too. Home of Republican Party, Harley Davidson, Packers. Did you know that Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is gay? A good way to figure out who is secretly gay is to look at who has been dating Taylor Swift. She is professional beard. Not sure why straight people never can figure this out and not sure why she does this, but she does.
Wyoming; home of mountains and coal and energy titan. Super red state. All kinds of Republican stuff. State’s rights. Religious liberty. Supports law enforcement. Want to defeat Hillary Clinton. Gives Trump 3 votes.
Michigan (remember they passed); I think this woman talking is a Romney or something. Her name is Romney-Something. Home of Gordy Howe. Motown. Cast 51 votes to Trump. I think they passed before so that New York could have the numbers to put Trump over the top.
Pennsylvania (71); will deliver deciding 20 electoral votes. 70 votes to Trump. TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!
Geesh. This went on for two hours! It was fun, but which more people wore silly hats to represent states and costumes and things. Or had the Miss Ohio or Miss Alabama or Miss Whatever be the person dressed in state costume to give speech instead of random people.
15. Paul Ryan is shushing people like they are small children. I don’t like that. It’s creepy. He’s a grown man. They are all adults. No need to speak to them like they are children. Paul Ryan always has a weird look on his face, like he’s just had sex somewhere. I think people are booing him. They are shouting about something. Other people are shouting USA USA USA. Lots of Make America Great Again signs. Ryan asks if anyone wants to change their votes. They are turning on Connecticut’s microphone. Wait, Alaska. The Alaskans are mad that they do not get to cast their votes for other people. They don’t want all votes to go to Trump. Alaska wants to poll its delegation. Convention staff will supervise poll. Paul Ryan sure is handsome. He is an awful person and bad Speaker. But damn is he handsome. I want him to lose his seat, but know we will never have a Speaker this handsome again. This is why gay guys should never do the hiring. We hire male strippers for things…or people like Paul Ryan who are handsome but then sellout. While this kerfuffle continues, Earth Wind and Fire music starts playing so white people can dance badly some more to old music.
16. This delay is going on for a while. They are playing a song called Shake Your Booty at the Disco. Most people alive right now have no idea what a disco was. 705pm. Paul Ryan does the SHUSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH little children thing again. Then Reince Preibus comes out to talk about Da Rules. He’s wearing a green tie and sweating like Rodney Dangerfield. He is trying to explain rules. He is trying to explain to Alaska that when the other candidates dropped out then their votes went to Trump under Alaska rules. Alaska starts shouting. Paul Ryan talks to them like a stern father and they are his bad children. They hate it.
17. 1,725 votes to Trump. 475 to Cruz. 120 to Kasich. 114 to Little Marco Rubio. 7 Carson. 3 Bush. 2 Paul. Speaker Ryan calls him “Donald Gay Trump” I think on purpose. He then bangs gavel and declares Trump the nominee. Everyone cheers and shouts USA USA USA and TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP. 710pm CST it is totally official now. Trump is the nominee.
18. The YouTube feed from GOP cut off. So back to CSPAN feed.
19. Mitch McConnel speaking now. Talking about Vice President nomination. Then some guy from Indiana comes out and talks about Pence. He looks like either Walter Mondale or the manager of a Greek diner, I can’t tell. He says he is Mike Pence’s best friend. He nominates Pence for VP. Mitch McConnell looks like a Macy’s Parade balloon of Richie Rich’s father from the cartoons. I came around to Pence really quickly. I still wish someone fun had been named VP, someone awesome like Allen West. But it is what it is. This means that Hillary has no pressure to pick someone cool and will probably either pick a boring person or that lizard creature Julian Castro.
20. CSPAN’s feed got really slow and froze, but YouTube is back up now. So switched back. It’s still great I can do all this without a tee tee though.
21. 719pm. Band is playing Oh Domino. Which is a nice plug for a great book I love and am telling everyone about. DOMINO by Kia Heavey. It’s like Animal Farm. About how the West is being colonized by Third World and suicidal altruists in the elite are letting it happen. Story told from point of view of a cat trying to stop his world from being destroyed by colonizing rats. You should check it out!
22. Speaker Paul Ryan back again. 722pm CST formally declares Trump/Pence the Republican ticket for 2016. Then he walks away abruptly.
23. Someone from Vermont speaking. He says he is Catholic and pro-life. He’s wearing a tie with big white clouds on a red field that makes him look like a clown, which was an interesting choice for the one time in life he will be on national television before millions. He offers up a prayer.
24. A woman who looks like Markie Post from Night Court is speaking. She’s saying we need to win the election. Well, thank goodness she did this. No one knew we had to win the election before she came to speak. Calls her Crooked Hillary, says all she does all day is lie. Says Hillary just wants people to vote for her to make history. Plays the gender card. Goes after her for paying women less than men. Says Hillary lied to military families. Took money from foreign countries that enslave women and treat as second class citizens. Support killing the unborn. Viciously attacked character of women who were abused by Bill Clinton. The auditorium erupts at that. Wants woman president one day. But says NOT THAT WOMAN, not today not now not ever. America deserves president they can trust. Worthy of being commander in chief, does not lie directly to the American people. Donald J. Trump will be better than Hillary could ever be. Join together as citizen activists. Stand together as daughters and sons of liberty and fight the oppressive government. God Bless everyone. God Bless America.
25. Dana White, president of Ultimate Fighting. Cute cute cute cute cute. Thank you whoever put this man on camera. Says Trump stood by him, encouraged him, helped him grow his business when no one else believed in him or his business. Trump will encourage businesses to succeed. He is a hard worker. He will work with people. He will put in time to get things done. Loyal and supportive friend. If he needed Donald, he would be there for him. Can tell a person’s true character when they are happy for someone else’s success. Needs someone who believes in country and will fight for country and be proud of our country. This guy is great speaker. Has been in fight business. Trump is a fighter. Will fight for this country.
26. Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson at 734pm CST. He says he knows from personal experience what Hillary Clinton is like. He has been in office under 6 presidents. Strength, boldness, and new energy do not describe Hillary. She always wanted more government and her dreams have only gotten bigger. She wants more of same. Failed leadership. Failed top down approach to healthcare. Same nanny state regulations to strangle America. If you liked the last 8 years then Hillary will give you double for the trouble. In Arkansas, creating jobs, lowest unemployment in state history. This is my boyfriend Justin’s home state, Arkansas. Hutchinson says experience matters. Judgment matters more. Hillary poor decisions produced bad results. Just think about it. Hillary radical attempts at reform of nation’s healthcare would have been more destructive than Obamacare. Bad judgment in Benghazi. Clinton Foundation weirdness. Commander in Chief needs to be someone who people trust, not extremely careless in handling classified material. Hillary presidency will be dangerous. Trump presidency will be about the art of the possible. Trump/Pence are right leaders.
27. Attorney General of Arkansas now. Leslie Rutledge. Says sometimes Hillary talks with New York accent, sometime with a southern accent. But Arkansas knows who she is. Rutledge is first female AG of Arkansas. Same office Bill Clinton held when they launched their careers of corruption. Hillary says she was poor leaving White House. Says she is still poor in decision making. Says laws do not apply to her. This is a great speaker. She really hits hard. Why did Hillary take speaking fees from overseas. Hillary would lie even if the truth would serve her better. She just likes to pathologically lie. Rutledge broke the glass ceiling in Arkansas. Don’t need Hillary to do it now. Women care about jobs, economy, national security. This election will shape SCOTUS for generations. Do you want Antonin Scalia to be replaced by Leftist? Trump will support rule of law and rein in federal bureaucrats. Frankly, Hillary needs to go to her own house and not the White House. She can take Ruth Bader Ginsburg with her. It’s time to update your resumes. Trump growing jobs and America will be closed to overregulation and open for business. This woman was GREAT. Felt like future president herself.
28. Former US Attorney General Michael Mukasey. Talks about Hillary mistreating secrets. This is a case against her presidency. She sent and received secret information on a private email system in stead of government system. Without authorization. Then she lied about it. She said that she was told to take batteries out of phones and leave things on the plane when she went to foreign countries, but she didn’t listen or care. She wrote about these things in her book. Chose to use private email overseas in hostile countries with hacking capability. FBI could not figure out if it had been hacked but thinks likely. People she communicated with were hacked. She lied about Benghazi too then said what difference does it make? Makes a big difference. US is only country founded on the law. The Constitution. Hillary Clinton is running for presidency defined by Constitution. Most important power of president is Commander in Chief. Requires president to ensure laws faithfully executed. President must swear to oath to faithfully execute office and preserve, protect, defend Constitution. Hillary took similar oath. But she ignored it. She is asking people to make her first president in history to take Constitutional oath after having been proven to already have violated it. The message to her should be loud and clear and short: NO WAY, HILLARY, NO WAY ON EARTH.
29. Businessman Andy Wist from New York. Grew up in Brooklyn. 140 employees. Too many people out of work now. Things are a mess. Who is going to fix it? Hillary? After 30 years her only accomplishment is beating the rap every time she breaks the law. Trump is builder. he is leader. He will make America work again. I am not a big important person. I am just a regular guy. This November we get to decide what world we leave behind. I want our children and grandchildren to be able to live American dream. Only way we keep it alive is by electing Donald Trump president. He was a very interesting guy.
30. Ron Johnson from Wisconsin next. What different at this point does it make? Ron Johnson is the guy who asked her the question of why she did not call the survivors? Instead she lied to the American people. Lied to family members of those killed in Benghazi. Looked them in the eyes and lied. She continues lying now. If we can’t trust her to tell the truth, how can we trust her to lead America? Let me tell you what difference it makes. We need peace through strength, not withdrawal. He lists all the recent Islamic terror attacks around the world. Islam’s slaughter and brutalizing of innocent victims. When will America actually confront Islam? We won’t if Democrats win in November. Running against Russ Feingold. Only Senator to vote against giving law enforcement equipment. Feingold wants a fourth term. Too dangerous to elect either of them. America needs strong leadership to jump start economy. Strengthen economy. Secure borders. Must defeat Islam. Destroy Muslim terrorists wherever they hide. Should not have to live in fear. This is fight for freedom. This is not someone else’s fight. It is fight we absolutely must win. Trump/Pence must be America’s top priorities. Will be strong leaders. Will achieve goal to unite us all. Safe, prosperous, secure America. Must unify. Work tirelessly. Together save great nation.
31. Chris Cox from NRA now. Talking about freedom to protect your life. Our government has failed to keep us safe. Second Amendment is about protecting your family. Mother at home with baby, violent predator kicks door in. What will the mother do? Police take average of 11 minutes. Should she be able to defend herself in her own home or should she be murdered? That question is on the ballot in November. Here’s why. SCOTUS ruled 8 years ago we have right to defend ourselves. Second Amendment survived by just 1 vote. Hillary Clinton wants to take away the Second Amendment. She wants to take away your right to protect yourself in your own home Hillary Clinton SCOTUS means your right to own a firearm is gone. This election is about next 40 years. Voting for Hillary or not voting is not an option. For rest of her life Hillary Clinton will never have to think of 911. She has Secret Service with guns to protect her everywhere even in the bathroom. It’s easy for her to dismiss a right that she will never have to use. Choice to own a firearm is ours to make. Should not be one set of rules for the Clintons and another set for us. Here is Hillary’s problem: American women are fastest group of gun owners. Millions thinking of getting guns. Donald Trump wants women to have choice to own gun.
32. Pro-Golfer Natalie Golbis. Admires Donald Trump. He encouraged her to think of herself as a fearless business person. Trump keeps encouraging her to lean into challenges. Keep fighting. Be fearless. Desperately need someone to clean up the mess of last 8 years. History of fearlessness and challenging the status quo. Donald Trump will bring that to America.
33. 805pm CST, Trump addresses crowd from view screen. Largest vote total in history of Republican Party. We will win the state of Ohio. We will win the presidency. Bring back jobs. Rebuild depleted military. Strong borders. Defeat Islam. Restore law and order. We will do so many other things. He will tell us about it on Thursday. Make America great again. We will win in November.
34. Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, appears. Says he’s been around the Clintons more than anyone. Says Clintons tried to defeat him and now he is here to do the same thing to them. Can distinguish between people who want to serve others and those who lie. Hillary will say and do anything to be president. Cannot allow it. Tired of hearing about bounty of government. Tired of struggling financially. Middle class shrink. People complain that no one looking out for them. Obama was at least honest about moving America to far Left. Hillary just lies and lies. She tells the truth about nothing. She even lied about why she was named Hillary. He then goes through a bunch of her lies. She was against things and then she is for them…not since Baghdad Bob has there been a public figure with such a tortured relationship to the truth. If Hillary is president, there will be so many scandals. Scandal follows Clintons like flies. Obama vetoed Obamacare repeal, vetoed Keystone, vetoed defunding Planned Parenthood. Trump will fill Scalia’s seat next year. Senate Republicans will be able to end Common Core and do other great things with a Donald Trump presidency. Hillary will double down on the terrible things that Obama loves to do. Example, Zika virus is spreading. Democrats are blocking efforts to eradicate it. They block efforts to help troops. Why vote for Democrats? Need people who cherish Constitution on the SCOTUS. Keep the Senate and House. Elect people who believe that America is exceptional. God bless America.
35. Dan Sullivan of Alaska and some other freshman Senators. He is really high energy and kind of cute. He is talking about 2014 election. Remember that the Media said that Democrats would take back the Senate in 2014. Look how that didn’t happen. They said that Democrats would win big in 2010 too and that did not happen. The Media just lies and hopes no one remembers because 2 years was so long ago and people have such short attention spans.
36. Paul Ryan is back again. It feels like a bad case of recurring gingivitis. He keeps coming back. Keeps shushing people. He never seems sincere when he speaks. He thanks Cleveland for hosting but he seems so fake, no emotion. Just nodding his head. He is SO BAD at reading the teleprompter. He thinks he can tell jokes. He can’t. He is not funny. I am angry now at how he and Romney just gave up and let Obama win at the end. He is so slimy. He says arguments are signs of life. He said this was year of surprises, but look what Democrats did and picked Hillary. People want change and clean break but the establishment put up Hillary. No one is excited by that. Country wanting change feels like we were cleared for takeoff but then sent back to the gate. I hate that he calls them “Democratic Party”; he should call them Democrat Party. They are Democrats. Don’t call them Democratic. American needs to move on from both Obama and the Clintons. He’s so stupid. He uses word progressive too. Why do that? Why use the words they like? Say LEFTIST. They hate that. There is a reason that people in our country are disappointed and restless. Opportunity is slipping away. He’s such a dummy. He says “liberal” too! Democrats LOVE being called that. They are LEFTISTS. But Ryan refuses to say that. This is such proof that this idiot doesn’t get it. He’s too establishment. Words matter. Don’t use the words your opponent wants you to use. Don’t use words that help your opponent. What an idiot Paul Ryan is. This is an awful speech from the Face of the Establishment. He needs to lose his Congressional seat. He needs to be removed as Speaker. I don’t care how cute he is. He does get it right that Democrats just want to divide and hyphenate people. That’s what they do. We need to stop falling into trap of dividing ourselves along all kinds of identity lines.
37. Kevin McCarthy, House Majority Leader. From California. Not sure why he needed to come speak. He’s just repeating things other people said. Would have rather heard from another regular person with an interesting life story. Too many government people speaking tonight and just repeating things. Having people with gray hair come out and just shout and repeat things is not compelling. Time for break to make a snack while this guy yammers on. People bored with him and getting up and wandering around now.
38. Chris Christie is next. People shouting LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP. Christie says he is going to present facts to people as prosecutor. Says Hillary infected world with her bad judgment. Gets audience to shout GUILTY! after asking if Hillary ruined Libya and caused problems everywhere. He goes through all kinds of things and has the crowd shout GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! Growing up Catholic, I was an altar boy. During Lent we had this thing called Stations of the Cross, where it was a mass where they would go through each of the steps on the way to Jesus being crucified. And the old ladies would all read together in unison from these little books, and would shout CRUCIFY HIM! in parts that called for it. The priest would talk. People would shout CRUCIFY! him. It would be dark out because it was night in March or April. It was creepy. This is all just like that. GUILTY! GUILTY! CRUCIFY HER! LOCK HER UP! GUILTY! I kind of love this. I hope he does this all over on the campaign trail. People love shouting these things. Chris Christie as AG would be world’s greatest reality show: GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY? He’s like Richard Dawson in movie Running Man. And crowd shouts GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!
39. Tiffany Trump speaks next. Tiffany is charming and elegant. Says she is nervous speaking in front of 10 million people. She seems like a very sweet and nice person. She loves her dad. Wants to talk about his defining qualities. Whatever he does, he gives his all. Desire for excellence. She just graduated from college but is so poised. Very impressive speaker.
40. Person who works at Trump winery speaks next. Says Trump is man of vision, not wide-eyed dreamer. Makes things better for people and communities. Trump winery and hotel, she manages it. He went to work building it, replanting, making it world class destination and largest vineyard in Virginia. Another nice testimonial about him being a business man with smart decisions but also great person to work for who demands and encourages excellence.
41. Donald Trump Jr. is next. He sure is suntanned! He reminds me of the guys who are day traders or dairy futures traders or whatever down in the Loop. I never like these guys. I never can relate to them. They are like an alien species to me. But Donald Jr. seems like a good guy because I think his father would have never allowed him to grow up to be a jerk. Trump changed skyline of New York. He changed skyline of Chicago too. Impossible is just his starting point. It’s funny but Donald Jr does a lot of the same hand gestures as his father does. Can you even imagine your father being nominated to be president. What a weird feeling that would be. Talking about what it was like being Donald Trump’s son. Trump hung out with regular people. Listened to their opinions. Promoted people based on street smarts and character. People started out as blue collar and he pushed them to succeed. He sees potential that they don’t even see in themselves. People who other executives overlook because they do not have fancy names on resumes from Ivy League. He likes people who have doctorates in common sense. Had his kids learn how to drive trucks and work chainsaws. Wanted his kids to learn dignity of hard work from young age. Whoever you are, wherever you are from, you can prosper together. Our immigration system is messed up. Rewards law breaking. Hurts people following the rules. Needs to stop. All Americans deserve opportunities. Talking about how government has gotten in the way of small businesses. Government tipped scales towards big business with Dodd-Frank. Only big guys can afford to hire lawyers to comply with all the regulations. Donald Jr. is a really great speaker. All the Trump kids are great speakers. You can’t have kids turn out this well without having a really great dad shepherding it. Takes great parents to have kids this great. Trump speaks his mind. He is honest. He says what needs to be said and not just what you want to hear. Will unleash greatness. Make America great again, greater than ever before. It was a fantastic speech.
42. Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia Senator. First woman ever elected to Senate from West Virginia. Says her state is just one big small town. West Virginia ravaged by flooding that claimed lives. Inspired by people who served others despite losing everything. So proud of her state. West Virginians work hard every day. They expect government to do same. Improve economy. Fight for jobs. Obama has put Leftist priorities over livelihoods of West Virginia. Hurt the coal miners. Destroyed communities. Have ripped through heartland. Created pessimism and disgust. Obama administration kicked everyone to curb. Lost trust in government. 2008, Obama said that he would bankrupt coal mines/plants. His actions match words. When you bankrupt a coal company, you deprive communities of livelihood. Obama cost 60,000 coal workers their jobs since 2011. Hillary wants to do more! Says she will put coal miners and coal companies out of business. Put thousands out of work. Wants to devastate coal country. Has anti-coal agenda. This Senator is a really great speaker. She was excellent choice. Tonight not really any bad speakers besides Kevin McCarthy. Lt. Gen Flynn was worst of convention though. That was so bad. Contrasting Hillary’s wealth and privilege with coal miner lives. Extreme carelessness with secrets. Avoids all consequences. She is above the law. She profits from closed door speeches. FBI abandons all credibility to let her off hook. She acts like royalty. Hillary fails to recognize that her policies affect real people. Reminds people of the 2008 Hope and Change styrofoam pillars speech Obama made in Denver. Lower the oceans. Use the EPA as a weapon to harm economy. She says that Obama Regime’s burdensome regulations cost every household $15,000+. This election is important for financial survival. Democrats nominating someone that people distrust. She’s earned this reputation through scandal and mistrust. FBI Director Comey called her negligent and questioned her judgment and that she misled the American people. She squandered trust and discredited the FBI. American people show that they distrust her. She can’t be trusted. She lies all the times. She plays by no rules. She acts like royal. We need trust. No one is above the law. No one who lost the public’s trust should ever serve as president. Hillary will just double down on policies that hurt Americans. WOW…Senator Capito was phenomenal speaker.
43. Dr. Ben Carson. I love Dr. Carson. So great to see him. Says he hates political correctness. It’s what the Left uses to get people to shut up so that they can’t be challenged. Time to stand up and shout out, not shut up. Need to use our power of reasoning. Look at history and character. He talks about Saul Alinsky. Says that Alinsky inspired by Lucifer. The Left wants to kill and destroy God and bring Lucifer to earth. He’s right. This is all about We the People. Jefferson said we would reach this point and the government would grow and try to rule us. Before we turn into something else, we the people would recognize what was happening and we would rise up. Now is the time to take America back! That was a really great speech by Dr. Carson. He will make a great Surgeon General. The book that Megan Fox and I wrote has a LOT in it about Saul Alinsky.
44. Kimberlin Brown, actress. She’s a former soap actress and now a business person and designs things. Says it is offensive when Media targets women as single issue voters. Women can’t be reduced to just one issue. Must secure future for families. California businesswomen for Trump. Women in all fields and professions and ethnicities. Women for Trump. Unreasonable regulations that tie everyone up with red tape. This is destroying business. Destroying farms. She is a really great speaker too. Very smart choice. Talking about how her employees suffer under Obamacare. Young employees angry about Obamacare. Wake up call to them. All voting Trump this year. 1/3 small business owners are women. Talks about productions moving out of country due to regulations and taxes. Production shut down. Big stars not affected but all the little guys were. Plight of men and women who lost livelihoods. She is avocado grower that sees bad trade deals flood markets, destroy businesses. People forced to cut down groves because of bad trade policies. There will be a time soon for a woman president, but it should not be Hillary Clinton. This is a woman who did not have the chance to stand up for women, she attacked women, she enabled Bill Clinton’s victimization, she knows some of Bill’s victims. Her comments are comments of convenience only. If we are to prosper as a nation, need leader who will shake things up. President who will bring common sense regulations and eliminated unnecessary ones. Fix tax system. Need someone who needs to build things and create jobs. Who knows how to negotiate. Tackle problems head on. Need TRUE PROGRESS. The Left has attacked her nonstop since it was announced she was the speaker. Left wants to silence those they disagree with. WOW! She was such a great and powerful speaker. Great way to end the convention for the night.
— That is a wrap until 730pm tomorrow, 7/20/16 —
What are your thoughts?
If you enjoyed this live recap of the live stream, let me know if you’d like to see more the remaining days and if you’d like me to sit through the Democrats’ convention too. If you’d like to read it, I don’t mind doing it if there is interest.
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Melania Trump’s Rick Roll last night feels like something ingeniously setup to force the Left to talk about Melania today…and encourage people who didn’t watch the convention last night to watch her wonderful speech. It seems odd to me that seconds after she finished speaking that the Left was already accusing her of “plagiarism.” That would be like you shouting “plagiarist!” at the person at the next breakfast booth if he or she ordered the same pancakes as you did, with bacon on the side the way you like yours too. The truth is that political wives have only so many things they say in speeches like these, where they talk about why they want people to vote for their husbands. These speeches are usually very well-received in the moment that America often hears the spouse speak for the first time ever, but are then largely forgotten as other events during a convention unfold. There was little chance that the Media as an entity would give Melania Trump much attention because of the simple fact that showcasing a beautiful immigrant who assimilated and learned English and followed the rules in America is not conducive to the Left’s current agenda (especially since that beautiful and appealing immigrant is the wife of Donald Trump). Clearly Melania didn’t write her speech. Few people in public life write their own remarks or tweak them…or even see them before they go up onto a teleprompter. As a model, Melania’s life experience has been to follow her script when in front of cameras and she does it very well. Speech writing is tough because memorable phrases tend to gel and stick in memory and emerge when someone is writing on the same topic that has been written about many times before. It’s suspicious that Democrats ran Melania Trump’s remarks through what appears to be an academic “TurnItIn” style text-checker (for those who have been out of school a long time, TurnItIn is one of several websites that universities use that forces students to submit papers to be scanned and rated for uncited sources). Then they jumped excitedly onto what they deemed a “scandal.” I just wonder if that wasn’t planned from the beginning and it was all just a trap for the Left. Someone as media savvy as Trump has to know that the Left is always looking for something to use as a weapon. Was this all a way to guarantee that the Media would want to talk about nothing else but Melania Trump all day today and directly compare her to the current First Lady? That’s a comparison that is not flattering to Michelle Obama or Democrats. If given the choice between Melania or Michelle, who would want Michelle to be First Lady? When given a choice between Melania and Bill as First Spouse, who would choose Bill? The Left also instantly started making fun of Melania’s accent, which is dangerous ground for them because she’s an immigrant who actually followed the rules and assimilated and joined the American Melting Pot. I’d love to see the Trump campaign have Melania talk about the Melting Pot and how we need to get back to that. The Salad Bowl or Tee-Vee Dinner models (where immigrants never assimilate and instead form little colonies within our country that exist as parallel societies) has led to destruction of national identity. Melting Pot success stories need to be played up through November and the Salad Bowl/Tee-Vee Dinner thinking has to come to an end along with the rest of political correctness.
2. I greatly enjoyed the speakers at the Convention last night and plan on watching this evening as well. The CSPAN live feed proved to be the most reliable. The GOP’s official stream on YouTube cut out during Jeff Sessions’ speech, so I had to switch over to CSPAN. I’m just going to use CSPAN this evening. Breitbart.com has great convention coverage during the day if you want to listen to talking heads that are actually decent to listen to. CSPAN is really great because it has no commentary, only the live stream playing.
3. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around a lot of what I see on conservative sites these days. There are a lot of people who seem like they want Hillary Clinton to win the election. I don’t get that at all. This election is fascinating to me because it is the first time that Republicans have run someone who speaks the truth, is blunt, and is not politically correct. I have long believed that this is what Americans are hungry for and that people are sick to death of the establishment and political correctness. They are sick and tired of politicians like John McCain and Mitt Romney who were so meek and mild and milquetoast…and oh so politically correct. Americans are a people with a cowboy, Wild West, pioneer, speak truth to power culture. We are not a people who respond well to sniveling elites and aristocrats. For some reason, Republicans came to believe that they have to behave in a meek and mild and step-on-no-toes way…but voters clearly reject that. Ronald Reagan sure as hell never was like that…but come to think of it George H.W. Bush started all this with his “compassionate conservatism.” 2016 is really the end of Bushism and the Cocktail Party consultant class that engendered. Americans want a kickass country. We want to stand up to Islam and not be afraid to call out our enemies and take the fight to them. Americans do not want mousiness and dithering and meekness. I think the people who are so anti-Trump are people who like the Cocktail Party the way that it is, either because they benefit from it or they always dreamed of being invited to join it themselves. For those of us who either never wanted to be in the Cocktail Party ranks or were people who would never receive such invitations, the end of the Bush-ist Cocktail Party is a happy day. For me, it’s equally thrilling seeing this unfold in my hometown. If you believe that people who should have voted against Obama in 2008 and 2012 stayed home because they just couldn’t go along with supporting the Cocktail Party Elite, then you should see that Trump is the farthest thing possible from that Establishment. Now is people’s chance to cause the entire establishment (on both sides) to collapse. What comes next will be light years better than what we’ve had in the extend Bush Era of Cocktail Partying. Trump will win votes from people who never dreamed of being Republican because Trump doesn’t feel like a stereotypical Republican the way that Romney, McCain, and Dole were. The Media created a new world where the President was the nation’s top celebrity and set the stage for the pendulum to swing towards Trump. This really is his year and all momentum is with him. Not sure why anyone who doesn’t want Hillary in the White House would try to stop that.
What else is on your minds today?
Read the rest of this entry »
[Click above to embiggen: the best part of the new Ghostbusters movie, NYC transit worker character Patty Tolan, as portrayed by talented actress Leslie Jones.]
UPDATE: This editorial was written BEFORE Twitter banned Milo’s account and exiled him from Twitter forever. It was published early in the morning on 7/19/16, many hours before Twitter enacted its ban of Milo late in the evening on 7/19/16. While I still believe that Milo’s minstrel comments and his insistence that black urban characters like Patty Tolan should not be depicted in a movie (even though they are part of every day urban life that I see all the time here in Chicago), I stand by Milo’s right to voice his wrong and disgusting opinions. I think Milo crossed a line with the minstrel stuff and it made him look ignorant. I don’t particularly like Milo and feel a little of him goes a very long way. But what Twitter did was so egregious that it cannot be ignored. Milo is a client of Twitter and Twitter is clearly engaging in ideological viewpoint discrimination. Leslie Jones had a right to be offended by Milo’s minstrel remarks…but Leslie Jones and Sony Pictures then escalated things. What I would have liked to have seen happen is for Milo to have admitted that the minstrel remark went too far and for Jones and Milo to have made up and everyone had a happy life from then on. But Jones/Sony went to war and Twitter sided with them and events quickly escalated last night. Twitter then went nuclear with its lifetime ban. Now that this has happened, it’s both fair and important to ask questions about why Leslie Jones was not also banned for life along with Milo, since an argument can be made that things she’s posted in the past appear to be racist (directed against white people) and that Jones can be argued to have orchestrated an incitement of her own fans against Milo. This is exactly what she accused him of doing to her, so if Twitter’s punishment is a lifetime ban then she should get one the same as Milo.
I feel so strongly about what Twitter has done here that I urge everyone to NOT see the Ghostbusters movie now. I still like the movie. I don’t agree that it even has a feminist message or is anti-male. It’s just a fun movie with female characters and Chris Hemsworth being incredibly hot for almost 2 hours, and then there are also ghosts. To me it’s a gay movie more than any feminist movie. It’s a campy gay movie that a bunch of gay guys clearly made that has women in it. But in good conscience I cannot recommend anyone giving Sony Pictures any money this summer by going to a theater to see it. Since Twitter nuked Milo with a lifetime ban to silence him, I hope in return this causes Ghostbusters to bomb and Sony Pictures to take a huge loss. Frankly, at this point I also now feel that Leslie Jones should be haunted by all this for the rest of her career. I still think she is talented. I think she is hilariously funny. And while I still recognize she is new to fame, I suspect she and Sony were doing things behind the scenes to push Twitter to do what Twitter did to Milo. Jones and Milo could have resolved their beef amicably, but Jones/Sony decided to escalate things and the result went nuclear in an unprecedented way that no one anticipated earlier in the day yesterday.
All of this appears to be part of something bigger, where Twitter seems to have been itching to do this to Milo. In doing so, Twitter has created a monster, because Milo has been elevated from C-level to at least B-level celebrity status now. Twitter is run by the dumbest people on earth because by coming at Milo this way they have made him much more popular. I don’t like the guy, but I am 100% on his side now that he has been censored like this. He is ignorant and wrong in his opinion about black characters…but he had every right in the world to say whatever he wants and the Left should have no right to censor him the way that his has.
Do something good this summer by avoiding Ghostbusters like the plague if you didn’t already intend to do that.
ORIGINAL POST: published early morning 7/19/16
I feel about Milo Yiannopoulos (who prefers to be called just “Milo,” in Madonna and Cher style) the way that I feel about the multitudinous Kardashian family: I don’t know where he came from all of a sudden or why the people who are enamored with him love him so much, but I miss the days when he wasn’t so omnipresent.
I get what Breitbart.com is doing with him: they need a star and a brand enhancement and no one else at the site has broken through in pop culture the way that Andrew Breitbart himself once did. Breitbart does a lot of great things…and it needs a face to bring attention so that the serious work it does gets noticed. Breitbart requires a loud and highly visible clown to attract eyeballs. Someone over there did the math and figured that a flamboyant gay man spouting conservative talking points would get a lot of media attention, especially if he said very controversial things every day, was sporadically vulgar, and picked strange fights with celebrities. Breitbart wants clickbait and Milo gives the site lots of oxygen. This is all a business decision that appears to be going well for Breitbart, as they keep promoting Milo aggressively.
The fact that Milo is brave enough to call out Islam for the evil that it is in our word is his one saving grace in my book (and the reason I have been hesitant up to this point to publicly criticize him). Since Muslims kill gays with impunity and Islam specifically targets critics for murder, Milo can do just about anything he wants to do so long as he keeps fearlessly speaking the truth about Islam.
But, he’s very wrong about actress Leslie Jones…and is wrong about the new Ghostbusters movie too. I think he’s crossed a line that warrants criticism, regardless of his bravery towards Islam and his usefulness in combating political correctness.
Yesterday, Milo published a scathing review of the movie that I felt was just filler between jokes he thought up about the original movie. It felt like a review written by someone who decided ahead of time he was not going to like the movie, just because he had already brainstormed funny riffs, puns, and jabs based on the theme of “Ghostbusters.” A lot of writers do this because they can’t resist making a joke and will structure the rest of their narrative to serve as setup for the joke. When writing, a lot of people know the punchline they want to end on and then work backwards from that. Some examples:
* Ugh, I don’t know what to tell you. Ghostbusters is terrible. It’s more obvious than the reading on an EKG-meter in Zuul’s bedroom.
* The overarching problem with Ghostbusters is that the script is a greater abomination to God than any of the demons and ghosts in the franchise. I’m sure they could have done a worse job, but they’d have to study Tobin’s Spirit Guide to summon a script from an even deeper circle of Hell.
* Besides being stunningly handsome, friendly to the proletariat, and blessed with a beautiful singing voice, I am always months ahead of the curve. Back in early May I wrote about how terrible this film was likely to be.
Everything Milo does seems canned and prepackaged to me. Somewhere in everything he writes, there will be a line where he calls himself handsome or fabulous because that is part of his schtick and the lucrative brand he is developing with Breitbart. In his Ghostbusters review, he shoe-horned in jabs at the movie based on Tobin’s Spirit Guide and EKG-meters…because, again, that’s what he does. He is like the character Kramer on Seinfeld: in every episode, he must burst through the door, make strange faces, and cause Jerry some kind of exasperating distress. It’s what he does. It’s who he is. It’s what people expect of his brand.
But, Milo really went out of bounds when attacking actress Leslie Jones as “minstrel” for her character Patty Tolan, a NYC transit worker. I think what he did here was so repugnant that Breitbart should, if it had any decency, offer some sort of apology or at the very least allow Jones to pen a rebuttal of Milo that Breitbart would publish on its front page for a day. This is what Milo said about Jones and her character Patty, who happened to be my favorite character in the movie:
Patty is a two dimensional racist stereotype by even the most forgiving measure…Patty is the worst of the lot. The actress is spectacularly unappealing, even relative to the rest of the odious cast. But it’s her flat-as-a-pancake black stylings that ought to have irritated the SJWs. I don’t get offended by such things, but they should…Ghostbusters, the film acting as standard bearer for the social justice left, is full of female characters that are simply stand-ins for men plus a black character worthy of a minstrel show. Remember, the original film not only represented women well, but also had Winston Zeddemore, the character with his feet most firmly on the ground in the entire movie.
As a gay man, I apologize to actress Leslie Jones on behalf of fellow gay Milo. I am ashamed of what Milo did to Jones.
He doesn’t know what he is talking about and knows not what he does. I find all of what he said to be unacceptable and calculatingly provocative for the sake of Kardashian-grade manufactured provocation. It would be one thing if Milo said all of this extemporaneously and off-the-cuff in some interview (especially if he was drunk when he did it), but his words were chosen deliberately to be controversial because Breitbart needs the clicks and the ad revenue and Milo’s schtick is to do something every day to earn his check and bring eyeballs over to Breitbart, since without Andrew Breitbart around the site floundered until it found a new celebrity draw. For Milo to come out so viciously against Jones for earning her own paycheck playing a role, when Milo himself is hamming it up and preening in the role of “stereotypical gay who thinks he is fabulous,” is intellectually dishonest.
For starters, Leslie Jones is a gifted comedienne who is very talented and great at what she does. She is often the best thing about Saturday Night Live in every episode she is in. A few years ago, when she first appeared on the show, Jones gained attention for being unapologetically politically incorrect. She appeared on Weekend Update and delivered a few remarks that were honest, fresh, and in-your-face. She caught a lot of hell from the Left because she didn’t represent the Obama-esque or Cosby-esque version of a black person that Leftists want to see on the tee-vee. She was not refined and polished like Kerry Washington on Scandal. She was not the elegant and professional Viola Davis on How to Get Away with Murder. Jones plays characters that you would meet on the subway, in a grocery store, an after hours bar, or a DMV in a big city. She is a working class, blue collar, urban comedian. And I have known plenty of people in Chicago and other big cities EXACTLY LIKE HER.
It’s wrong for Milo to take it upon himself to declare that the kinds of characters that Jones portrays are not acceptable to appear in movies or on the tee-vee, just because Milo wants to pretend that characters like this don’t exist in real life. I could literally walk out of my apartment in Boystown, head over to the Red Line EL station, and say hello to someone who looks and sounds and acts EXACTLY LIKE Jones’ character Patty Tolan. That sort of gruff, loud, brash, but kind-hearted public worker is ubiquitous around Chicago. Our bus drivers are like this. The people who work for the City in almost all positions are like this. Food service workers are like this. This is what living in a big city is like. New York City is especially like this. I don’t know what reality Milo lives in, but people who work for the Transit Authority do not look or sound like Kerry Washington or Viola Davis. They look and sound exactly like Leslie Jones. And they are hardworking and awesome. Chicago and New York City would stop running and collapse without people like Patty Tolan.
What Milo suggests doing is erasing these black people from movies because Milo doesn’t want these black people to exist in real life. He wants Kerri Washington running the toll booths and working behind the counter at McDonald’s, like in a very politically correct commercial where everyone is smiling and sounds like they just graduated from Princeton. Ain’t nobody who looks or sounds like Kerry Washington working in a subway booth.
But, at the same time, Milo wants to have his rainbow sprinkled cake and eat it too by prancing around and queening it up deliberately for his own Breitbart paycheck…because he’s discovered that acting like a stereotypical Liberace/Paul Linde/Lindsey Graham sort of gay is what lands him speaking gigs and appearance fees. In Milo’s world, a black person like Leslie Jones can’t make a living playing the characters she wants to play (which are rooted in a reality that anyone living in a big city understands), but a gay guy like Milo can do as he pleases and act like the very worst stereotype of a gay man imaginable (and he paid handsomely for it!). I hate to be blunt, but during yesterday’s appearance at Settler’s Landing in Cleveland for some Tea Party thing, Milo actually resorted to talking about dick, making “jokes” about going down on his knees to give fellatio to men, and saying other vile and vulgar things that no one needs to hear a gay man saying in public. I’m a fellow gay man and I cringed listening to Milo. I didn’t need to hear any of that from him either.
What Milo does — and gets away with at Breitbart — is to say and do the very worst things people can possibly imagine a gay stereotype doing. He is the equivalent of a black person chomping on fried chicken and watermelon and drinking grape pop while giving a speech, deliberately making people uncomfortable because the optics of it all are so WRONG. If any black person did that, there would be a huge backlash against the person for making an ugly stereotype come to life. This would actually be minstrel, a word that Milo intentionally misused or didn’t understand when writing his article attacking Jones.
But Breitbart allows Milo to make appearances where he talks about fellatio, dicks, and being a promiscuous faggot (or dangerous faggot, whatever he calls himself). Isn’t Milo engaging in a gay version of minstrel every time he sets out in public to earn his check from Breitbart?
Patty Tolan, as portrayed by Leslie Jones, was my favorite character in Ghostbusters. I could relate to Patty Tolan. I’m not a scientist or physicist like the other characters in the movie played by Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, and Kate McKinnon. The Ghostbuster in the group whom I relate to as a regular every day person is Patty Tolan. I live in a big city. I love history and I know a thing or two about the buildings and architecture and folklore of Chicago (like Patty knows about NYC). Patty is the audience stand-in: the events of the movie draw her in, just as the audience is drawn into the film as it unfolds. Patty chooses to come along for the adventure and learns about ghost busting along with the audience. She brings a lot to the table. She’s crucial to solving the mystery of what’s going on. And her connection to her uncle, who runs a funeral home and provides the Ghostbusters with their vehicle, is the kind of thing that a good friend in a city like New York or Chicago would do if that person got together with you for an unexpected adventure. A group forms. You have a mission. Everyone thinks about what he or she can do, what they can bring to the table. This is organic and reflective of my experiences here in Chicago, where my friend Megan Fox and I teamed up and pooled our own resources to investigate corruption in local government.
I didn’t see anything wrong with the Ghostbusters script because it’s a script I would have written myself, from my own experiences (though I do agree with Milo that many of the special effects were terrible CGI, so that’s the one valid criticism he made). It’s a script that reflects people I know well. Just with the addition of ghosts flying around everywhere. Though the dead rise every four years to tip presidential elections in Chicago, we’ve yet to experience the need to bust any ghosts. But if we ever do, the first person I’m calling up is someone like Patty Tolan. When stuff hits the fan and things get real, I want a Patty Tolan with me. Patty Tolan will help you survive the apocalypse. Kerry Washington and Viola Davis might be fun to have dinner or drinks with…but Patty Tolan will help keep you alive and ensure you beat the bad guys.
Yesterday, I was upset to see Leslie Jones take Milo’s attack on her very hard. She reported on Twitter how hurt she was by Milo’s uncalled for attacks. Milo then cruelly went after her on Twitter in a way that I thought was unacceptable. It crossed a line beyond his usual schtick and felt malicious. I also suspect he may have been partying and drunk when he did this, as it all seemed to be happening around the time he was having fun in Cleveland doing the Tea Party stuff. I doubt he was drinking tea though.
It’s one thing to write a scathing review that crosses a line of taste and intellectual honesty…but it’s another for Milo to harass an actress personally and shame her for a part she played (and played well!). I felt what Milo did to Jones was abhorrent, especially since Jones is still relatively new to fame.
I believe Ghostbusters was Jones’ first movie. I hope it does not discourage her from making more, especially comedies. As I wrote in my own review of Ghostbusters, Jones has the potential to fill a niche and have a great career. As Melissa McCarthy is clearly the new John Candy/Chris Farley/John Belushi, Jones can be the new Whoopi Goldberg (only better). I enjoyed Goldberg back in the day when she made funny comedies…and Jones has even better natural timing and comedy chops than Goldberg ever did. It’s a shame if she is bullied by someone like Milo into shutting down just as she was gaining momentum. I hope Jones ignores Milo. I want her to know that Milo does not speak for all moviegoers in the way that he does not represent all gay guys.
But, I’m sure it’s hard for Jones to ignore him because Milo is regrettably everywhere these days. A DNA swab should be ordered to see if he really is in fact a Kardashian. I wish Milo had class enough to admit that he went too far with his attack on Jones, but I know that would be bad for his brand and the character he’s playing. A catty, mincing, queen would be too fabulous to apologize…especially to a black person. So Milo will never do that, as too much is riding on his “fabulousness” as a brand, for both himself and for Breitbart at large.
Read the rest of this entry »
Some thoughts on the RNC Prime Time speakers on 7/18/16 (read the daytime recap here)
1. GLOVES are off. Mother of Benghazi victim Sean Smith directly blames Hillary Clinton for death of her son. Says that Hillary lied to her face. Mrs. Smith has repeatedly asked Hillary to explain why her son died and she has refused to explain. Says Trump is blunt, direct, and strong. Trump will not hesitate to kill terrorists who threaten American lives. Says that Hillary is a liar who belongs in prison wearing stripes, not the Oval Office.
2. Authors of the book 13 Hours followed Mrs. Smith. This book was made into the movie 13 Hours that came out last year. It is an excellent movie. I highly recommend you see it. I have not read the book yet but ordered it tonight. It is by Mitchell Zuckoff and Security Annex Team. They spoke very candidly about what Benghazi was like. It’s similar to what was in the movie. CSPAN will have all these speeches up later and the RNC live stream gets archived I believe, so you can watch all these.
3. One thing that I hope Donald Trump hits Hillary on is why on earth the State Department sent an openly gay man — Chris Stevens — to be ambassador to a Muslim country. That was an invitation for trouble. Sending an openly gay man to a Muslim country full of bigoted homophobic medieval monsters when the Obama Regime clearly had a plan to destabilize Libya, topple Kadaffi, and set the stage for the Islamic colonization of Europe was madness. Stevens was the wrong person to send to a Muslim country…let alone a Muslim country where the Regime decided it would be fun to create a staging ground for Islam’s invasion of Europe, which followed quickly in recent years. Obama wanted to destroy the West from within. He harmed the US as much as possible and set the stage for the eradication of Europe by Muslim immigration jihad. Hillary allowed all of this to happen, but she is personally most responsible for signing off on a gay ambassador to a Muslim country. Which is stupidity incarnate.
4. I really wish we could have heard more from Sean Smith’s mom. To me, that was more powerful and impactful. I would like to hear more from ALL FAMILY MEMBERS who feel they were lied to by Hillary and the State Department over Benghazi. I also would like to hear from someone who could explain why Mitt Romney did not go after Obama over Benghazi in the second and third presidential debates in 2012. Why did Romney deliberately stay clear of it? What was the strategy behind that?
5. I missed some of the early speakers, like Rick Perry. I will eventually watch them when this live stream gets archived and I can watch it from the beginning. Here’s some of who spoke before I started watching tonight:
6. Here’s the next batch:
7. Then the final batch:
8. Family of slain border control agents are speaking. Democrats do not want the borders secure. Democrats want the Third World to colonize the United States because: (1) Those are Democrat voters who are ignorant and uneducated and illiterate, (2) Spanish-speakers are easy to control because they do not assimilate and Democrats can keep them in little colonies and control them, (3) Third Worlders are not used to our culture or system of government and instead like having bigger federal government. Just like Democrats like.
9. Antonio Sabato JR. is speaking about being an immigrant who followed the rules, learned the language, and assimilated. This is why he is speaking. He is an immigrant. He followed the rules. Why shouldn’t Mexicans follow the rules? Antonio Sabato Jr. was a big deal in the 1990s. He was a big time model and was in the Janet Jackson video for “Love Will Never Do Without You.” My first-ever boyfriend had posters of Antonio up on his walls when we were in college.
10. Family of man killed by a Mexican colonist here illegally spoke next. We need a law where people can sue Mexico when Mexican colonists kill someone. Mexico should have to pay $50 million to each person this happens to. Why the hell have we allowed Mexico to become a colonial superpower that dictates to the US and dumps all of its unwanted criminals here. This woman speaking is right: Hillary wants the colonization to continue. For it to stop, you need Donald Trump.
11. People really need to start using the word COLONISTS. Stop calling these people immigrants. Stop calling them refugees or migrants. They are COLONISTS. An immigrant follows the rules and assimilates into the melting pot. A COLONIST comes here, demands things, refuses to learn English, breaks all of our laws, spits on our sovereignty, and expects our culture and society to change to accommodate them. That’s colonization. It needs to stop.
12. Another family member of a person killed by a Mexican colonist speaks. The government goes out of its way to let the colonists go free. They come here, break our laws, kill Americans, and Democrats let them run free. We need to stop pandering to Spanish-speakers. We need to stand up to them. We need to stop the colonization of our country by the Third World. We need to make Mexico pay for what it has already done to America. Mexico needs to financially rectify the damage its colonization has done.
13. USA! USA! USA! USA!
14. 811pm CST – Jazz Shaw’s dad speaking. Considers Trump his friend. Son killed by Mexican colonist. Father saw hole in son’s head. Mexican colonist killed him. Jazz’s mom was overseas in military. Once word got out that Mexican colonist killed son, all the politicians disappeared. Did not want to criticize a Mexican colonist. The Mexican killed Jazz because he was black. Coroner said that the Mexican colonist shot Jazz with cruelty. Mexican was known to target blacks. Hillary is Obama’s third term. Trump called Jazz’s dad on phone to see how he was doing. Only Trump will stand up to Mexico and end the colonization. BUILD THE WALL!
15. Rep. McCall from Texas. Born and raised in Dallas. Speaks about police officers murdered by Black Lives Murders domestic terrorist group. Haven’t we had enough open borders, amnesty, and colonization? Why can’t America be a secure, sovereign nation? Whey are we being colonized by the Third World? Democrats lead from behind. They lead us into danger. They paved the way for ISIS to take over and for Islam to conquer Europe. Democrats want all this chaos.
16. Hillary is really getting hammered for the lie about the YouTube video. Boy do they all look stupid for that. Islam is here in America because Democrats let Islam in. Muslims will keep killing and Hillary wants to bring in MORE Muslim colonists. End political correctness. Speak the truth. The enemy is Islam. And the enemy is here.
17. Are you safer than you were 4 years ago? Are you safer than you were 8 years ago?
18. Donald Trump will not apologize for American greatness. He will promote it. He will not bow to Islam. He will stand up to it. He will shake the ground that Muslims walk on and end terrorism. He will defeat Islam.
19. WWII Generation, Greatest Generation, defeated the Third Reich and Soviet Union. Our war is with Islam. We must defeat it and save Western Civilization. We must send clear message to Muslims: you may have fired the first shot, but America will fire the last and Islam will lose.
20. Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke speaks about Blue Lives Matter. He is an impressive speaker. Talking about the domestic terrorist war on cops right now…also about the defeat of the malicious prosecution of Marilyn Mosby against the Baltimore police officers. Mosby should be disbarred and then tarred and feathered. She is vile. Talks about importance of making America safe again. THIS GUY NEEDS TO BE A SENATOR OR GOVERNOR. He is a fantastic leader. Powerful. He needs to rise higher than just Sheriff. He needs to run the FBI or something.
21. Former Real World Boston and I think Miami stars Sean and Rachel Duffy. I had a crush on him years ago when the show was on. He still looks great. He was a lumberjack. Rachel’s family were immigrants. They followed the rules. They learned English. They assimilated. They did not break the rules and demand things. They joined the melting pot. MELTING POT. They are a gorgeous couple. They should be positioned for bigger things too in next few years. He would make a handsome lumberjack Senator. Why not run him against one of the lunatics from Wisconsin currently in office?
22. Darryl Glenn, Senate candidate for Colorado. Another really powerful speaker. I never heard of him before and I like him. He calls it the “Democrat Party” like everyone should do. He’s smart. And funny too. Very engaging. This is great…he calls out Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Says they do not speak for black America and they do not speak for him. Says that threat from Islam is real. Black men need to take care of families. Troops and cops need support. Says Hillary Clinton is unfit to be president. She loves pantsuits but she needs a bright orange jumpsuit. That line got big cheers. Darryl Glenn is a fabulous candidate. Really awesome guy. Kind of candidate you’d love to be friends with, love to listen to…hope he wins. Would be awesome in the Senate. He seems like a future president too.
23. Tom Cotton from Arkansas speaks next. He’s handsome too. So many hot guys at the Republican Convention in Cleveland. They should make a calendar.
24. Boy is Aaron Shock stupid. He’s stupid for a lot of reasons, but if he had come out of the closet years ago I don’t think that he would have been removed from Congress. He had been out and proud, he could be speaking tonight as a gay Republican. That’s what’s missing from this great lineup: a hot gay Republican office holder. They’re doing a good job showing a new and diverse GOP…but Aaron Shock could have been the face of gay Republicans. What an idiot closet case that clown turned out to be. He could have had it all.
25. Mother of fallen Navy SEAL is next. Mother of Aaron Vaughn. Boy she is a great speaker. Powerful. Confident. Calls for new leadership. Says we cannot allow enemies to define the world in which we live. US can defeat all adversaries. Must be unbound though. Can’t allow the military hands to be tied. Must go after Islam hard. Stop this madness. Men and women join military to fight, not to be sacrificed. Islam is hellbent to destroy us but we are unwilling to call Islam by name. TIME TO NAME THE ENEMY. THE ENEMY IS ISLAM.
26. Senator Jeff Sessions. Talks about Cocktail Party establishment, Media, and Big Corporations destroying middle class. Destroying the country. Economic disaster. We are on the wrong track and American people know it. Hillary and Obama are globalists and want to destroy America. Trade deficits kill jobs. They want to push Obamatrade to destroy US with Pacific trade imbalance. For 30 years the American people want end to lawlessness and to secure our borders. Third World colonists are taking American jobs. They come here, take our jobs, overstay visas, and the government does nothing. Obama and Hillary capitulate to the lawlessness and reward the criminal colonists. Why can’t they follow existing laws? NOTE: YouTube stream went down…switched to CSPAN. Immigration should be suspended until we get our arms around the problems. There are no jobs for all of these people. Stop flooding job market with so many Third Worlders. Need Trump to stop this madness. Donald Trump will get tough and bring change. He has strength and courage and the will to get this done. Donald Trump will kill Obamatrade, will stop the colonization of America, will BUILD THE WALL to stop Mexico’s colonial ambitions, will make America great again.
27. Rudy Giuliani is next. Says it is nice to have a New Yorker for once on the ticket. Talks about how to make America safe. Americans do not feel safe anymore. They fear for children and themselves. They fear for police officers who are being targeted by Black Lives Murder. Praying for police in Dallas and Baton Rouge and their families. Thank you to Cleveland Police Department for protecting the convention. What happened to melting pot? Where did it go? Why do we have hyphenated America? Need to get away from black america and white america and whatever america…get back to just AMERICA. NYC used to be hell. Giuliani says what he did for NYC, Donald Trump will do for America. Trump is a man with a big heart whom Giuliani says always stepped in when needed. Sick and tired of defamation of Donald Trump by the media and the Clintons. Sick and tired of it. This is a good man. Crowd goes wild. 5 major attacks by Islam in the last 7 months. Our enemy is Islam. We should not be afraid to define the enemy as Islam. People who yell Allah Akbar are terrorists. Ft. Hood. San Bernadino. Orlando. Nice. Paris. Boston. Obama calls this workplace violence. Muslims see us as weak and vulnerable. We must identify the enemy properly and find them, catch them, and defeat Islam. We must put Muslims on the defense. If they are at war against us, which they have declared, we must commit ourselves to unconditional victory against Islam. Lives lost to Islam all over the world and on US soil. What has Hillary done? ISIS says they are sending operatives amongst the Muslim colonists from Syria. And Hillary wants to just let these colonists in. It is stupidity. Trump will stop this. Trump will keep us safe!
28. Melania Trump is next! TRUMP APPEARS!!!!!! We are going to win. We are going to win so big.
First Slovenian First Lady. First supermodel First Lady. I love listening to her. She makes so much sense. She is so elegant. And she is an immigrant who understood she needed to assimilate and join melting pot, not live in parallel society. Fantastic speech. Talking about working hard, making something of self, fighting for things that matter. Personal testimonial about Donald Trump. Will never ever let you down. Will never give up. Family man. Simple goodness of heart that God gave to Donald Trump. He will use his gifts for purposes to help us all. The election will not even be close. SLAM! Would not be a Trump contest without excitement and drama. Wants to help children and women.
29. Lt.General Michael Flynn speaks next. Would he be Sec. of Defense? Says America will defend protect and take care of itself again. From this day forward we must stand tougher and stronger together. No more reckless rhetoric from an Obama clone like Hillary Clinton. Must draw from rich foundation for founding fathers’ fight for democracy. Must end days of political correctness and senseless hyperbole. This guy is not a great speaker. He would have made a lousy VP pick. He is not good with an audience. Falling flat. But he seems like he would be good leader of military. He’s just not a good politician. Good decision not to put him on the ticket. He can serve in another way. And he talked and talked and talked. People started walking out and leaving because he kind of rambled. He should have spoken for just a few minutes earlier in the night. Would have rather had Sheriff Clarke given his time. Bring Sean Smith’s mom back out. Would have loved to hear more from her too. She really went at Hillary hard. Flynn is not saying anything new or interesting. Would like to hear from Joni Ernst now. Though near the end of his remarks he did call on Hillary to leave the race and people started shouting lock her up, lock her up, lock her up. His speech felt like it went on for an hour though.
30. I’ve never heard Joni Ernst speak before, so this is fun. Talking about her military service. She seems like a very nice person. Very positive and optimistic. I really admire her service. She is amazing. Wants America to start leading again. Says our allies around the world want us to start leading. Where is America’s leadership? There is void in the world. Deficit that can’t be filled by others. Can’t have 4 more years of lack of leadership. Muslims keep working to destroy Israel. Threaten Europe and the United States with their colonization efforts. Hillary and Obama have allowed this. They have allowed Islam to strike blows against the West. It’s like Junior Varsity playing. Allowing Islam to spread rapidly. Islam is now present in all 50 US states. Terrorists are in all 50 states now. Hillary lied to American people. Military and veterans did not fail us. Obama Regime failed us. Hillary failed. Extremely careless. Incompetent. Tells lies. That is unthinkable to have as commander in chief. Must ensure that America is strong and stabilizing force. Keep safe at home and protect freedom abroad. Time to stand up and fight for the security of our children. Our grandchildren. And ourselves. With Hillary Clinton it is always about her. Should be about you, not her. People tired of politics as usual. Trump will work tirelessly to keep nation safe. Now is the time to make America safe again.
31. Jason Beardsley speaks next. Veterans group. Was elite fighter. Awesome speaker. Great energy. Must sustain nation when we feel in peril. Russia, China, and Islam are unparalleled threats. Stand on the shoulders of giants and legends who gave us American republic. Those who gave lives for cause of freedom around the world. Principles of liberty and justice for all. He makes a good point about what the Left always says, that since America made some mistakes in the past and was not always perfect that it must be destroyed now. The Left loves to do this. The crowd keeps shouting LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP over and over again. When Trump wins, Hillary Clinton is going to be in real trouble if Chris Christie is made Attorney General. I bet he will find some way to prosecute her. That little toad Comey will lose his job too hopefully. I really liked Beardsley. Great speaker.
32. Ryan Zinke from Montana. He is the first Navy SEAL elected to Congress. Part of SEAL Team Six. Says Obama and Hillary are responsible for leadership failures.
33. This was my favorite night of any political convention ever. It had excitement. It had a FANTASTIC appearance by Melania Trump. Her speech was FABULOUS. What a great kickoff. And Cleveland is doing an amazing job hosting it all.
And that’s a wrap! Convention is adjourned until 530pm tomorrow!
— More to follow tomorrow for DAY TWO –
[Click above: an excellent LIVE STREAM of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, provided via the YouTubes.]
Some running thoughts on the RNC in Cleveland, as I watch the live stream throughout the day:
1. What a great thing this is! A live stream up on YouTube. I haven’t had a tee-vee since 2009, so I always need to scramble to find a live feed of something like the convention. Having it stream on YouTube is wonderful. The other benefit is that I don’t have to listen to the talking heads on the networks. I can just watch the actual feed from the convention. It’s very much like being there in person. Love it.
2. It’s 2:21pm and not much is happening. Senator Pat Roberts spoke and said generic things that could have been lifted from any movie where a convention was happening. Then a band started playing “My Sharona,” which tells you the average age of people in the crowd listening to this music in the middle of the afternoon.
3. I wonder why big events like this are needed. While I appreciate all the money that the city of Cleveland is making off hosting the RNC (since Cleveland really needed that cash infusion, especially in infrastructure projects and the rebuilding of Public Square downtown), in the year 2016 isn’t there a better way we can do these political conventions without all the travel costs? I can’t stand the Olympics because of all the waste of money they involve. While the political conventions are expensive, they are nowhere near as bad as the Olympics. But still. At least the cities that host them get to make money during the convention though: businesses get a boost, temporary jobs are created, so that’s all a great thing.
4. Breitbart has a live stream going too, which is great: www.Breitbart.com The only bad thing is that it’s lots of commentary, and some of the commentators are sophomoric. I prefer the commentary-free GOP feed. But, I’m just not someone who wants to listen to the talking heads all day.
5. Someone commenting on the Breitbart feed had an interesting point: how are the polling companies polling people today? We go through this every election, but in the modern age it’s not like things used to be in the 80s and 90s when it comes to being able to reach people. Bake into that the fact that people lie to pollsters. In 2010 and in 2014, the Media insisted that Democrats would take back Congress and the exact opposite happened…and the Media looked foolish for being so wrong. In 2012, Mitt Romney should have won that election but just gave up at the end, never hitting Obama on Benghazi and throwing the last two debates. Why did he do that? Why in 2016 did Mittens decide he wants to be aggressive and come out swinging and threatening a Ross Perot style third party? All of that is madness. The big question is going to be if the people who decided to not show up and not vote in 2008 and 2012 will actually vote this time, because they didn’t want to support the GOP Cocktail Party establishment…but this year the Cocktail Party is not running things. Will people show up and vote this time? If not, these people are clearly not ever going to show up…or the game is just rigged.
6. Breitbart’s now running footage from Settler’s Landing in Cleveland. There’s a small event with Milo Y., whom Breitbart aggressively promotes as a brand. I think Breitbart is trying to create a new star, since Andrew Breitbart is no longer with us. I have mixed feelings about Milo. I think he is incredibly brave to say he’s going to march through Muslim areas in Sweden for a gay Pride parade…and if he does that, then I will never say a bad word about him. But other times I think he is vulgar and overexposed. A little of him goes a long way, but Breitbart wants him 24/7 in people’s faces. I’m surprised that Ann Coulter has jumped so strongly onto his bandwagon. Settler’s Landing is a little spot in a bend in the Cuyahoga River in downtown Cleveland where supposedly the city’s first settlers arrived (Moses Cleaveland and his party). Milo’s talking about political correctness and Islam now…which is also very brave. People need to stop being afraid of Muslims and to start speaking out. So, again, when he does this I just admire him so much…but then he starts swearing and saying vulgar things. I guess I just don’t understand his brand. But boy do I love that he takes on Islam.
One of the things I’ve noticed through the years is that people do enjoy a gay man to be a “fabulous gay,” like from the tee-vee. Probably a majority of Americans want gay men to be like this and are disappointed when we are boring. They want the Liberace/Paul Lynde/Lindsey Graham/Rip Taylor kind of glitter-and-confetti and sparkle rainbow sprinkles gay. They don’t want the Rock Hudson/George Clooney/Montgomery Clift sedate or under the radar gay. I think values-sharing is part of this too. People want to show that they are tolerant and that they don’t have a problem with gays…so they feel pride in saying that they don’t have a problem gays…and the more FABULOUS a gay is the more they get out of declaring they like and/or don’t have a problem with that guy. So, a gay steelworker is not as much fun as a guy prancing around in a tutu. Or Milo. They love bleached blonde Milo and Milo is probably a genius for figuring that out. I’m listening to him speak now and he’s saying so many great things about bringing down the Left and exposing it. But then he calls himself “a dick-sucking-faggot.” He’s saying he uses language like that to be mischievous and naughty and subversive. And to call Donald Trump “daddy.” I don’t know if any of that is true…but Milo says he wants to end the cancer of political correctness. Which is a goal we all should share. He really is an engaging and dynamic speaker. I still don’t particularly like him but I really admire his guts in saying it.
7. It is time to stop being polite about Islam. Milo just said this. And he’s right. Muslims who come to colonize Western countries cling to their backwards ways and refuse to assimilate. They bring their hatred of gays and women with them. Islam is bloody and terrifying and it’s time to be honest about it. Donald Trump is the only person who is prepared to be tough and to do something about Islam. This is why I support Trump and can never support a Democrat again. Hillary Clinton will never say a critical word about Islam because Hillary is controlled by Huma Abedin and by extension Saudi Arabia. Hillary Clinton will never do anything about Islam killing gays around the world, and she didn’t do anything to stop Islam when she was Secretary of State. The only hope gays have against Islam is Donald Trump.
8. Donald Trump is the best chance of smashing political correctness and resisting Islamization. He is the only chance of controlling our borders and asserting our sovereignty. The feed from Milo speaking then abruptly ended. I give Breitbart credit though. Doing the live stream stuff is hard. It’s nice seeing alternatives to the broadcast networks emerging. It’s all a lot better than it was in 2012 that’s for sure.
9. Politico has the convention agenda. Most of it seems so archaic and procedural, like a ghost from the 1800s. You should check out that PDF document though. I’ve never read one of these before, and it was an interesting read.
10. I don’t understand all of the foolishness from the #NeverTrump crowd. Do they want Hillary Clinton to be president? I feel like these people are being manipulated by someone like David Axelrod somewhere. Not sure why they want Democrats to win, but one theory is that a lot of these people would make a lot of money during a Hillary Clinton presidency. It would be four years of one scandal after another. Over and over again. It would be the 1990s on steroids, because we have the Internet now. That would be VERY GOOD business for a lot of websites that need traffic to survive. It would be great for people writing books. Having Hillary as president would mean that things would keep getting worse, Muslims colonization of America would increase, the Third World colonization across the southern border would continue. The Chamber of Commerce would be very happy, killing more jobs and handing American workers pink slips so they can hire cheap foreign labor. Things getting worse mean that people who make a living writing about how bad things are would get to keep doing that. Things getting better means that the gravy train ends. I think this is why Erick Erickson in particular at RedState wants to see Hillary become president.
11. Great visual people are tweeting that sums up battle in Cleveland right now, where the #NeverTrump folks are clashing with the people who actually want to win the election in the fall. Who will win? The rhino or the elephant?
12. There’s weird chanting going on now at 344pm CST. Some people are shouting something about “blood.” I can’t understand them. Then other people shout “We want Trump.” It’s weird.
13. Someone from Guam with a heavy Spanish-accent is now shouting while having trouble reading, rolling his “Rs” like a “Rrrrrrrrruffles have riiiiiiiiiiidges” commercial. I think this is so obnoxious when Spanish-speakers do this. It’s not cute. To me, Spanish is the language of poverty. What Spanish-speaking country has its act together? Spain itself is a basket case. I can’t think of one place that speaks Spanish that isn’t corrupt or a hellhole or both. If Spanish was such a great language, wouldn’t Spanish-speaking countries be great instead of being so messed up?
14. 349pm. They are taking the official photo now. Instructing people to stand up and stand still and smile. This is riveting stuff folks.
15. Did you hear about the latest asinine thing that Brian Williams did? I missed this when it happened but I saw someone share the video on Twitter. Apparently he made a sick joke about “plowing over” coverage when doing an awkward handover from a news segment he was reporting about the Muslim attack on Nice, France. What an absolute buffoon this man is.
16. So the convention rules were all handled. At 3:55pm they adjourned the first session and are now going to do a second session. All of this is weird, arcane, procedural stuff. I don’t know why any of this is still necessary. It all seems like a waste of time, but I guess the people who are really into going to these things love it. I think it’s like a tenth level of hell.
17. The Live Stream cut off at 3:58pm CST. Looking forward to hearing Melania Trump speak tonight about being an immigrant who assimilated and joined the melting pot, instead of being a colonist who refused to leave old ways behind. Assimilation and the melting pot model is true immigration. Refusing to learn English, refusing to leave old customs behind, and coming to America with the commitment to never becoming part of our culture but instead creating a parallel society and a little foreign colony on our soil is the wrong way to go. Need to get back to the melting pot model that worked so well for so many years.
19. They are doing a screening of Clinton Cash at Tower City Cinemas tomorrow at 1pm. This is the movie theater I went to when I lived in Cleveland. I saw Jurassic Park, Scream, Titanic, Tomorrow Never Dies, Catch Me If You Can, and all kinds of movies there through the years. I think the last movies I ever saw there were the last Lord of the Rings movie or one of the Matrix movies before I left Cleveland in 2003. It’s in the Tower City complex, which is a train station (Rapid Trains, which are like the EL in Chicago and subways in NYC…but they go both underground and above ground; you can go right from the airport to downtown on Rapid Trains…and also switch at Tower City to other lines and go out to the eastern suburbs).
20. 410pmCST, Michael Patrick Leahy on Breitbart’s Live Stream explaining the foolishness that happened earlier on the convention floor. This was the #NeverTrump thing where these people tried to stop the convention. He’s talking about how he couldn’t understand the #NeverTrump people’s yelling either. This is where I though they were shouting “blood,” but that makes no sense. Leahy didn’t understand what they were shouting either. That’s the problem when a crowd shouts things: it’s impossible to hear or understand. They must have been shouting something other than “blood.” If you know what it was, please tell me.
21. Joel Pollack is talking about Obama wanting to nationalized/federalize the police. This is something that my boyfriend Justin gets freaked out about. He’s really into conspiracies. There will be no federalization of the police. That is nonsense. It won’t happen. I do not understand the urge some people have to freak themselves out over scary dystopian conspiracies like this, but logistically it is impossible to federalize/nationalize the police. Whether Obama wants that or not, it will not happen. The government is not competent enough to do something like this and the people would rise up against the government if it tried.
22. Joel Pollack is a really great interviewer. REALLY GREAT. I really enjoy watching him on this Breitbart live stream. Right now he is interviewing Kelli Ward about her challenge to the odious John McCain.
23. Reports showing up that an axe murdered went wild on a train in Germany, killing more people. What are the odds that it’s another Muslim from that oh-so-peaceful “Religion of Peace,” just doing what Muslims do: killing Westerners. An axe and a knife were used. Jihadists have been calling for knife attacks in Germany. Muslims doing more killing without needing anything flashy to do it. UPDATE: It was Muslim colonist from Afghanistan who did this.
24. I always forget about CSPAN, but it’s covering the convention too. And it does not give commentary.
25. Lizard-Creature Julian Castro found to have violated the Hatch Act. Not that Democrats violating the law matters anymore. I used to laugh when conspiracy people would say that there were lizard people amongst us who masqueraded as humans. And then I saw Julian Castro for the first time. He looks like a gecko that was turned into a human, like the lizards, and mice and dogs that were turned into people by the Fairy Godmother while transforming a pumpkin into a carriage. I’ve never seen a human who looked as much like a lizard as this man. Apparently, Hillary Clinton wants him to be her VP…since Clinton/Castro has such a catchy ring to it.
26. From the RNC’s site, here is list of Prime Time speakers this evening:
Please note: The speakers below are part of the prime-time program, which will follow Monday afternoon’s Convention Business Session.
Willie Robertson, CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, star of Duck Dynasty
The star of A&E’s hit series Duck Dynasty, Willie Robertson, is the CEO of Duck Commander and Buck Commander, a New York Times bestselling author, traveling speaker, father of five, and an avid outdoorsman.
Governor Rick Perry, Former Governor of Texas
A fifth-generation Texan, Perry grew up in Haskell County. His parents were cotton farmers, and Perry was among the first in his family to attend college. Perry served as Texas’ lieutenant governor from 1999 to 2000. In 2000, he was elected governor and remains the longest-serving governor in Texas history.
Marcus Luttrell, U.S. Navy SEAL
Marcus Luttrell is a retired U.S. Navy SEAL and author of the book Lone Survivor, in which he tells the harrowing tale of a fierce battle in eastern Afghanistan in 2005. Since returning from war, Luttrell has started the Lone Survivor Foundation and become involved with The Boot Campaign. He also has written a second book, Service, which honors and praises all members of the military.
Scott Baio, Actor and Television Producer
Scott Baio is an actor and television producer. He landed his first starring role in the 1976 movie Bugsy Malone and is known for portraying memorable characters on several hit television shows, including Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, and Charles In Charge. More recently, he has appeared in the Emmy Award-winning show Arrested Development and the Nick at Nite comedy See Dad Run, which he also produces. When he was young, Baio campaigned for Ronald Reagan, and in the 2016 GOP primary, he endorsed presumptive nominee Donald Trump.
Pat Smith, Mother of Benghazi victim, Sean Smith
Patricia (Pat) Smith is the mother of Sean Smith, who was killed during the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. Ever since that night, Smith has sought to learn the truth behind the events that led to the death of four Americans, including her only child.
Mark Geist, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, Fought in Battle of Benghazi
Mark “Oz” Geist was a member of the Annex Security Team that fought the Battle of Benghazi in Libya from September 11 to September 12, 2012. A Colorado native, Geist joined the United States Marine Corps in 1984 and served for 12 years.
John Tiegen, U.S. Marine Corps veteran, Fought in Battle of Benghazi
John “Tig” Tiegen was a member of the Annex Security Team that fought during the attack in Benghazi, Libya on September 11, 2012. He is responsible for saving many lives and has been recognized for his bravery. He has since co-authored the New York Times best-selling book 13 Hours, the harrowing tale of what really happened in Benghazi.
Kent Terry and Kelly Terry-Willis, The Brian Terry Foundation
Brian Terry was a Border Patrol agent who died tragically while protecting our nation’s border with Mexico. His death was a result of Operation Fast and Furious, a gun-walking operation gone wrong that put assault weapons into the hands of Mexican narco-terrorists. Kent Terry and Kelly Terry-Willis, Brian’s siblings, carry on his legacy through the Brian Terry Foundation.
Antonio Sabato, Jr., Actor
Daytime television viewers know actor Antonio Sabato Jr. for his roles on General Hospital and The Bold and the Beautiful.
Mary Ann Mendoza, Immigration Reform Advocate
Mary Ann Mendoza is a passionate advocate for immigration reform because she has experienced the consequences of our failed system. This May marked the second anniversary of her son Brandon’s death. Brandon, a Mesa Police Sergeant, was 32 when a drunk driver traveling on the wrong side of the highway crashed head-on into the car he was driving. The drunk driver was in the United States illegally, and despite being convicted of crimes years earlier, he was not deported.
Sabine Durden, Immigration Reform Advocate
Sabine Durden is an advocate for immigration reform. In 2012, her son Dominic died in a motorcycle accident when he was a hit by a truck driven by an unlicensed, uninsured, and unregistered driver who was in the United States illegally. In the wake of losing her only son, Sabine has been a vocal critic of our immigration system and has lobbied the federal government to defund sanctuary cities that do not actively search, prosecute, or detain unauthorized immigrants.
Jamiel Shaw, Immigration Reform Advocate
On March 2, 2008, Jamiel Shaw’s son, Jamiel Andre’ Shaw, II (Jas), was murdered while returning home from the Beverly Center Mall in Los Angeles, California. The shooter was a gang member in the United States illegally. He had been released from jail less than 24 hours before he killed Jas, even though there was a deportation hold on him. In honor of Jas’s life, Jamiel Sr. has worked tirelessly to raise awareness about our broken immigration system.
U.S. Representative Michael McCaul (TX-10)
U.S. Rep. Michael T. McCaul is currently serving his sixth term representing Texas’ 10th District in the United States House of Representatives. During his tenure, McCaul has developed a strong track record of fighting for lower taxes and less government spending. He serves as Chairman of the U.S. House Homeland Security Committee.
David Clarke, Sheriff of Milwaukee County
David Clarke is the sheriff of Milwaukee County, Wisconsin. He began his career in law enforcement with the Milwaukee Police Department (MPD). In 1992, he was promoted to lieutenant of detectives, and in 1996, he earned a promotion to captain of police and became part of the department’s command staff. As captain, Clarke was responsible for the department’s First Division, and in 1999, he became commanding officer of the MPD’s Intelligence Division.
U.S. Representative Sean Duffy (WI-7)
U.S. Representative Sean Duffy serves Wisconsin’s 7th District. Duffy is married to Rachel Campos-Duffy, whom he met while appearing on MTV’s hit television show The Real World, and the couple now has eight children. In Congress, Duffy is working to reduce government spending, lower taxes, promote individual freedom, and limit government intrusion.
Darryl Glenn, El Paso County Commissioner
County Commissioner Darryl Glenn is the current Republican nominee for U.S. Senate in Colorado, running to defeat incumbent U.S. Senator Michael Bennet in the general election this fall. Glenn won the Republican nomination with 37.5% of the vote in a crowded primary field.
U.S. Senator Tom Cotton (R-Arkansas)
For nearly five years, Cotton served as an infantry officer in the U.S. Army. He completed two combat tours, serving in Iraq with the 101st Airborne and in Afghanistan. Upon returning home, Cotton worked for McKinsey & Co. and served one term in the U.S. House of Representatives. In 2015, he was elected to the U.S. Senate, where he represents the state of Arkansas.
Karen Vaughn, Mother of fallen U.S. Navy SEAL
Karen Vaughn is the mother of fallen U.S. Navy SEAL Aaron Carson Vaughn (SEAL Team VI). On August 6, 2011, Aaron was killed in action in the Tangi River Valley of Afghanistan when a chopper (call sign Extortion 17) carrying thirty Americans was shot from the sky while rushing into battle. Over the past four years, Karen has emerged as a powerful spokeswoman for American forces fighting on foreign soil and securing peace across the globe.
U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama)
U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions is serving his third term representing the people of Alabama. A senior member of the Armed Services Committee and the Budget Committee, he is also a member of the Judiciary Committee and chairman of its subcommittee on Immigration and National Interest. A strong advocate for securing the border, Sessions was the first U.S. Senator to endorse Donald Trump and has acted as a liaison between the Trump campaign and Capitol Hill.
Rudy Giuliani, Former Mayor of New York City
Giuliani was wrapping up his second term in office when New York City was attacked on September 11, 2001. Immediately following the attack, Giuliani coordinated rescue operations that saved as many as 20,000 lives. Because of his strong leadership in the aftermath of September 11th, Americans came to see him as a voice of reassurance and consolation during an uncertain time.
Melania Trump, Businesswoman and Wife of Donald Trump
Melania married Donald Trump in January 2005. In March 2006 they had their first child, Barron William Trump. Born on April 26, 1970 in Slovenia, Melania Knauss began her modeling career at the age of sixteen. At the age of eighteen, she signed with a modeling agency in Milan. After obtaining a degree in design and architecture at University in Slovenia, Melania was jetting between photo shoots in Paris and Milan, finally settling in New York in 1996. Melania is dedicated to helping others, and her generosity has been noted. She was Honorary Chairwoman for Martha Graham Dance Company in April 2005; is an active member of the Police Athletic League which honored her with Woman of the Year 2006; has been an Honorary Chairwoman for The Boy’s Club of New York for five consecutive years; and in 2005, the American Red Cross awarded her with Goodwill Ambassador, which she has proudly served for four years. In April of 2008, Melania was asked by Love Our Children USA and NASDAQ to participate in the Fifth Annual National Love Our Children Day and the beginning of National Child Abuse Prevention month by ringing the closing bell at NASDAQ.
Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, U.S. Army (ret.)
Lieutenant General Michael T. Flynn has spent his entire life and career serving his country. He served in various command and staff positions in the U.S. Army and as Assistant Director of National Intelligence for Partner Engagement before becoming Director of the Defense Intelligence Agency on July 24, 2012. During his time in the Army, Lieutenant General Flynn held high-ranking leadership posts at the Joint Special Operations Command and U.S. Central Command. He served in both Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom.
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst (R-Iowa)
U.S. Senator Joni Ernst has dedicated her life to Iowa and her country, having served in the military for over 23 years and now in the United States Senate. In November 2014, Ernst was elected as the first woman to serve in federal elected office from the State of Iowa and also became the first female combat veteran elected to serve in the United States Senate.
Jason Beardsley, CEO of The Underground Movement
Jason Beardsley serves as CEO of The Underground Movement, a company that designs custom graphic t-shirts inspired by well-known and forgotten American heroes. Jason is a decorated military veteran with a combined 22 years of experience in the Army and Navy.
U.S. Representative Ryan Zinke (MT)
Congressman Ryan Zinke is currently serving the state of Montana’s at-large district in the United States House of Representatives. A former Navy SEAL, Zinke spent 23 years serving our country and fighting for America before entering public office. Continuously focused on giving back to the community that he grew up in, Zinke has used his time in office to push for improving the VA, reforming management of federal lands, preserving the future of family farming and ranching, and defending the Constitution.
27. Breitbart has a look at Ken Cuccinelli’s destroyed political career after trying to change the rules and steal the nomination from Trump.
28. This was a good read from the other day in the New York Times, about how the Trump family chose Mike Pence to be VP. It has an air of authenticity to it. Seems like this is how it all went down.
29. Keep hearing from people all over who are so excited to see Paul Ryan lose his seat and be Cantored. Really hope this happens.
30. While waiting for tonight’s speeches to start, checking out CSPAN’s archives. This is a truly incredible resource. I completely forgot that all of this was here and available to all. If you are like me and don’t have tee-vee, CSPAN is a wonderful way to follow live events.
31. This was strange: Stephen Colbert dressed up in a blue wig and did some kind of unfunny guerrilla-comedy stunt at the RNC. He was nearly pushed down the stairs by a guy in a suit. Was it staged? I sometimes forget that Stephen Colbert still has a show.
32. Are we poised to have a violent summer like the 1960s? Will the Democrats’ convention in Philly be a hellhole like the DNC in Chicago in 1968?