[Some scenes around Chicago this week that I thought were pretty and posted to Sassy Plants]
The purpose of a “doom antidote” or “fear porn repellant” is to take a deep breath, cool down, and rationally ponder if what the tee-vee is screaming about today or what the headlines are bleeding is true…or if it is just hysteria ginned up for ratings. Being in front of the computer screen (or, worse, the tee-vee screen) for too long is bad for everyone. Listening to conspiracy theories (even the ones that are probably right) for hours on the radio in the dark is not healthy either. Sometimes, you need to pull yourself away, head outdoors, look for interesting (or, dare I dream…sassy!) things in nature to photograph, and enjoy the real world (not the fake, twisted, messed up Internet world).
After you collect yourself, take a look at the day’s headlines and ask yourselves if the weird fantasies and wish-casting being pushed by various pundits is real…or if it’s bad alternate universe fan-fiction (usually of the dystopian, worst-case-scenario possible bent).
Here are some thoughts on what’s plastered all over today (and why none of it is really the end of the world):
1. JK Rowling decided to emblacken (make a white character black in later versions of a work) Hermione Granger in the new Harry Potter play, “The Cursed Child,” despite Rowling using terminology in her books that clearly indicated that Granger was white. I think it’s insulting to black people when entertainment companies (or a beloved brand like Rowling) do this…because to me it means that black people are an afterthought to them and they only get the leftovers and hand-me-down characters. Rowling wanted to prove what a Big Thinker she was (and how enlightened she is!) by turning Hermione black retroactively, but really she’s just putting a big spotlight on how she didn’t bother to create a central black character in the Harry Potter books back when she had the chance in the 1990s. Making Hermione black now in a stage play seems stupid when the stage play could have created a new and original black character. Rowling is one of the most beloved people on the planet but I think all her billions and the nonstop gushing of praise on her has gotten to her head and she’s become one of the politically correct zombies that so infest Hollywood.
2. Bizarre Clickbait Fantasy #1: People saying that Hillary Clinton will not be the Democrats’ 2016 nominee. I was really surprised to see how strong Bernie Sanders’ support is, especially amongst gay people. Back in 2008, the gay guys I knew who didn’t support Hillary and were for Obama said in apologetic tone that they liked Hillary but thought it would be cool to have a black president, so they were voting for him instead. They promised in the future if Hillary ran again that they would back her…but almost every one of those people are really rabid for Bernie Sanders. That was a complete shock to me and indicates that their support for Obama was more than that they just wanted a hip, cool, black man as president…but that they have really strong Leftist leanings and that’s what they want government to be. Hillary gets pummeled by conservative writers all the time…but she’s not the radical Leftist dream candidate that Obama was and that Sanders would be. Which is why she is having so much trouble locking up this nomination. Democrats are in for a really rough fall no matter what happens, because those Sanders people are nasty…nastier even than the Obama acolytes were in the 2008 campaign. I have never seen hatred as strong as that being spewed by the Sanders crowd, who promise to essentially riot if Sanders is not the nominee. But, Democrats will never let him take the nomination from Hillary and permanently cement the DNC’s transformation into the Socialist Party. I am glad I am not a Democrat anymore because I would want no part in the quixotic fence-mending that needs to be attempted in Philadelphia when Hillary becomes the first female presidential nominee. The only thing that will save them is if Sanders becomes her VP, which I doubt the DNC would want but having him on the ticket is the only way that the Sanders thugs will be quieted.
3. Bizarre Clickbait Fantasy #2: Bill Kristol’s third party nonsense. Wasn’t 1992 clear enough? The way a Clinton wins the White House is for some kind of third party bid to siphon enough Republican votes away for Hillary to become the 45th President of the United States. If you don’t want that to happen, don’t do the Ross Perot Redux thing. I was in high school for that election and Ross Perot won our school’s mock election by a large swath. This fantasy of going third party is something that appeals to a lot of people. There’s a romance and rebellion in it. But, all it does is ensure the Clintons move back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Do not kid yourself otherwise, no matter how noble you believe third party runs are…or how you wish you lived in a world where a third party win was possible. We do not live in that world. We live in the world where it has been proven that a third party candidate guarantees a Clinton wins the presidency.
4. Enough about the gorilla (let’s talk about how precious human life is instead): I find it stomach-turning that so much ink, column space, and tee-vee time is being devoted to one gorilla that was killed in a zoo (to save a human child) when so little attention is ever given to the millions of American children who are murdered every year by the ghouls at Planned Parenthood. I don’t want to even link to a story about the gorilla (even though I was sad he had to die, but a human child’s life must always take precedence over an animal’s)…so instead watch this video of how awful Planned Parenthood in Illinois is and how hypocritical all of this upset over a zoo animal is when the people upset don’t ever care about all the human children senselessly murdered for no reason.
Sometimes, it’s overwhelming how much craziness is pushed by the Dinosaur Media. It’s really toxic and unhealthy. But, if you remember that the media does this to keep everyone in a perpetual state of crippled, frost-fingered terror (because people are easier for the government to control that way…and ratings are higher that way) then I think life is so much more enjoyable and this election season doesn’t feel like the Fall of Western Civilization so much as a much-needed course correction that’s been eight years coming.
© 2016, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone