One of the many interesting sub-plots of the 2014 election year is the possibility that Congress may welcome its first openly gay Republican.
Dan Innis is running for a House seat in New Hampshire. He is a businessman, entrepreneur, Dean of the Whittemore School of Business and Economics, and is married to a man. It was his husband who convinced him to run, saying “You’ve got to do this” to see if Innis could “make a difference.”
Richard Tisei is running again for a House seat in Massachusetts. He lost by just 1 point in the general election to John Tierney, and will face him again this time around. He has already served as a state senator. He is also married to a man.
Carl DeMaio is running for a House seat in California. He is a businessman who provided training and consulting specifically to financially-troubled government entities to help them become more efficient. He has also served as a city councilman for San Diego. At the time of writing this I do not know if DeMaio is married to his partner, but it is my understanding they have been together for six years.
None of these men are making their sexuality part of their campaign. It will be interesting to see what the liberals do, should these men make it through the GOP primaries. Kevin has often pointed out that liberals reveal their ultimate hypocrisy when faced with an opponent who would traditionally be a liberal. As a living example, DeMaio and his partner were booed while walking in the Gay Pride parade, because DeMaio is a Republican and was running for Mayor.
How the Left Uses Gays to Dismantle, Undermine, and Toxify the Catholic Church…the Gaystapo in Action in Chicago!
John Nolte at Breitbart.com just published a hard-hitting piece that’s worth your very valuable time…exposing Barack Obama’s commitment to the institutional Left’s Alinskyite objective of “dismantling, undermining, and toxifying the Catholic Church”; this article’s one of those that I’ll probably quote from for years to come, because I’ve never seen this articulated so succinctly before. Dismantle. Undermine. Toxify. That is precisely what Leftists have been attempting in their decades-long war against the Catholic Church. Kudos to Nolte for precisely encapsulating so much evil into three small words…which I hope you’ll join me in making everyday vocabulary from this point forward.
What John Nolte probably doesn’t know firsthand, though, is that the Left’s weapon of choice against Catholics is normally gays…who serve as a Gaystapo goon squad that is revved up into frenzies of hatred against Christians in general (but Catholics quite specifically). If you observe the institutional Left’s strategic moves long enough, you’ll see it’s almost always gays who are bused in to block the entrances to cathedrals or churches and scream expletives at parishioners heading into mass; this is, of course, the toxification aspect of the Leftists’ agenda…since they are attempting to make going to Catholic mass so unpleasant an experience for believers that they’ll potentially start staying home, just to avoid being screamed at by obnoxious gays out on the street (most of whom, in the video above at least, are actually members of the Chicago Teachers’ Union…more on that later).
The Left uses the Gaystapo against the Church (with gays screaming “Bigots!”) in much the same way that Democrats trot blacks (led, of course, by the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Henry Gates) in front of cameras to accuse conservative businesses, Republican politicians, or any of the Democrats’ other perceived “enemies” of being “Ray Ciss”. This is stage crafting coordinated by the DNC, with gays and blacks serving as useful idiots and foot solders for the institutional Left.
It doesn’t matter to the State Media that the particular gays holding astoturfed signs or the blacks being paid $50 to walk a picket line often have no idea what specifically they are protesting (and, as in the video above, can’t really identify what exactly makes someone a “bigot” or a “Ray Ciss”)…just so long as the “news” can run clips of them angrily denouncing enemies of the Democrat Party as “bigots” or “Ray Ciss”. It’s almost as if the Left has a giant vending machine somewhere that dispenses these useful idiots in prepackaged cartons, in whatever flavor Democrats need that particular day to target a specific area of Christianity or conservatism for attack. This is such a well-oiled machine that Leftists no doubt have a color-coded chart to determine which particular subset of the Democrat Party can be most aggressively used to inflict the most damage to Christians and conservatives on any particular issue. It’s like knowing you just need to type in A5 to get your nacho cheese Doritos or plug in B7 for some Cheetos (while simultaneously sinking Republicans’ mixed-metaphoric “Battleship”).
You’re probably much more familiar with black people being used by the Left in antics conducted by “The Justice Brothers” of Jackson, Sharpton, and Gates (as parodied by satirist Paul Shanklin above)…but you need to start paying attention to the similar activities of obnoxious gays who are consistently manipulated as unthinking props by the “gay community” leaders who serve the institutional Left as what I’ve dubbed “The Gaystapo”; this is happening every day all around you…and you need to start speaking out against it.
Because if you do, then Democrats would no longer be able to use any of these people as weaponized props against Christians and conservatives and the institutional Left would be dealt a very severe strategic blow…WITH YOUR COMMITTED HELP.
[ Click above to embiggen: two men who spread virulent hatred against Christians….one in Chicago and one in Tehran ]
A classic example of the deployment of a weaponized Gaystapo brigade manifested itself just this week here in Chicago — on Sunday June 16th, 2013 — when a throng of self-proclaimed gays operating under the banners of “Equality Illinois” assailed the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel church on Belmont Avenue between Halsted and Broadway in Boystown (see “Hateful Gays Attack Catholic Church in Chicago” video at the top of this page…but be cautioned about foul language, loud screaming, and general obnoxiousness).
Equality Illinois is a political action group founded and funded by Art Johnston, the owner of Sidetrack the Video Bar in Boystown; though Johnston often introduces himself as “Chicago’s Harvey Milk”, I instead refer to him as “The Ayatoldja Johnston” because in Chicago he serves a function for “activist gays” and the institutional Left that the Ayatollah Khomeini similarly served for jihadists and Islam in Iran: he’s the one who makes the speeches to identify and denounce the “enemies of the gay community” and the Left in Illinois and then compels the equivalent of jihad against them. If “The Ayatoldja Johnston” pushes a fatwa against you from his perch at Sidetrack the Video Bar and marks you as an “enemy”, expect to have every gullible gay in the tri-state area harassing and menacing you lickety-split…in much the way that the Ayatollah Khomeini used to sic deranged Muslims on the worldwide “enemies of Islam” from his mosque in Tehran.
If you are familiar with the Alinsky Rules for Radicals you’ll already know that the institutional Left employs much of the same sort of tactics that the “Religion of Peace” that is Islam utilizes…and that both groups are very enemy-directed and destruction-focused. No wonder the Left attacks Christians relentlessly but never addresses the beheading, maiming, imprisonments, torture, forced gender-reassignment, general brutality or other evils that Muslims inflict upon gays in any country where Islam is dominant; Leftists clearly view Muslims as fellow travelers in the “enemy of my enemy is my ally” sense. Little do these idiots know, however, that should the institutional Left succeed in destroying the Catholic Church on a global scale that Islam will no doubt rise up to fill the void…and at that future date Muslims will turn on the useful idiots in the Left and execute them. The gays, to no one’s surprise, will be the first ones that Muslims kill.
Leftists don’t think that far ahead though…or, more accurately, they don’t seem to think that much at all. As the video I shot in Chicago last Sunday establishes.
When I brought this footage home and showed it to my boyfriend Justin, he watched exactly 47 seconds of it before he covered his ears and told me he couldn’t take anymore; the screaming, yelling, cursing, honking, and general obnoxiousness was too overwhelming for him. Justin’s a nice young guy from rural Arkansas who still asks me “why are these people doing this to our country?” whenever he witnesses the “activists” of the Left in action. For those of you who feel similarly to Justin and can’t make it through the full 8 minutes of footage I taped, here’s a rough breakdown of what the Gaystapo was up to in front of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel this Sunday:
* The video begins with a woman who self-identified to me as “a loud and proud bull dyke and rug muncher!” (that is a direct quote) answering my questions to her about what the “protest” was about (that’s me you hear off-camera talking to these lunatics); she’s wearing a tee shirt that’s clearly emblazoned with the Equality Illinois (EI) logo, much like the shirts worn by other attendees of this scream-a-thon. Look closely in the video and you’ll see that most of the signs also carry either the Equality Illinois logo or some reference to this group…as Equality Illinois is who directly organized the attendees (with help from the Chicago Teachers’ Union). The woman refused to give me her name, so I’ll call her “Equality Illinois Woman” in the below.
* I asked Equality Illinois Woman about the sign she was holding, which read “ARCHBIGOT of Chicago not welcome”; it turns out this mob was dispatched by the Ayatoldja Johnston’s Equality Illinois PAC to purposefully disrupt a mass being led by the Archbishop at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel for its gay Catholics group, AGLO (Archdiocese Gay Lesbian Outreach). The Ayatoldja Johnston seems to have decided that depressing turnout for this mass was important, so Equality Illinois Woman and her cohorts were there to bully and heckle any gay Catholics who were heading into Mt. Carmel to celebrate mass (more on this later).
* Labeling someone a “bigot” is a tried and true tactic of the Gaystapo, empowered by Alinksy Rule for Radicals #13: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Start paying attention to whenever gays anywhere call someone a bigot; it’s always a supremely astroturfed effort. The Ayatoldja Johnston did this to Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bill Brady back in the year 2010…and even went so far as to plaster the entire front of his bar Sidetrack on Halsted with bizarre signs screaming BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! at Brady (in much the way that the screamers in the video shout BIGOT here in 2013). No explanation was ever given by Ayatoldja Johnston regarding what exactly made Brady a “bigot”…but according to Johnston he just was. That eerily reminds me of the Ayatollah Khomeini declaring Salman Rushdie a heretic and demanding his beheading in a fatwa; at least the only thing the Ayatoldja Johnston demanded gays in Boystown to do to Brady was to ensure he did not win the gubernatorial election.
* When I pressed Equality Illinois Woman for some specifics on what made “the Archbishop” a bigot, she said that he “takes money from parishioners to lobby against the civil rights of gay people”. I find this highly ironic, because by this definition Equality Illinois Woman has named Art Johnston himself as a bigot…because he takes money from Sidetrack bar patrons, funnels that into Equality Illinois, and uses that organization to lobby against the rights of Christians (including funding this scream-a-thon in front of Mt. Carmel that was intended to disrupt its AGLO mass last Sunday). This is a good reminder to all of you to heed Alinsky Rule #4…which is to “make the enemy live up to its own rules”.
* Equality Illinois Woman got very upset with me when I asked her what exactly the money from the Church was being used to do, and she rambled about it being used to “meddle in politics”. But, isn’t that what the Ayatoldja Johnston does with Sidetrack’s money via Equality Illinois? She got right up in my grill and said that the Archbishop doesn’t “know the difference between Church and state and can’t separate Church and state”…and that’s where I think it’s time to take a reality check and think about the fact that Democrats control the entire state of Illinois. Which is not Alabama, or Mississippi, or Georgia, or Arkansas, or even Missouri…where religious leaders have a lot of clout. I actually can’t think of any state where the Catholic Church is powerful enough to really affect politics in the year 2013, since the sex-abuse scandals of the 1980s really constrained whatever public influence church officials once had in America. Just think back to the last election and the various Bishops and Cardinals who warned Catholic voters about the dangers of Obamacare and its forcing the Church to violate its doctrine by funding contraception via health plans…and not all that many voting Catholics paid much attention to that at all when they cast their ballots. If any religious leaders in this country have any real political power today it is the evangelical ones…who can assuredly make or break a Republican’s national political career (see: Mitt Romney). Nobody in politics really pays that much attention to Catholics…except the Gaystapo that always attacks them. Which makes me wonder how much the Left had to do with the sex scandals of the 1980s and whether Leftist long-term infiltration of the Church set the stage for all of that…just so the institutional Left could weaken the Church from within in what Nolte called the effort to “dismantle, undermine, and toxify” it. We’ll have to revisit this another day because I think we might be onto something.
* At the 39 second mark, Equality Illinois Woman has walked away from me and has essentially stopped answering my questions. A very odd man pipes up who for some reason reminds me of a Muppet (so that’s what I’ll call him). He says that the Church is there to block gay people’s rights, so I ask him how exactly it does that in a Democrat-controlled state like Illinois where the Catholic Church has little to no power.
* Equality Illinois Woman then starts screaming at me about Prop 8 in California and doesn’t like it when I remind her that blacks in the Golden State who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 (to usher in The Golden Age of Hope and Change) also voted for Prop 8. One of the apocryphal tall tales that gays enjoy telling is that California is actually controlled by super-powerful Mormons in Utah who forced the passage of Prop 8 (which canceled out “gay marriage” in Sacramento). This is the height of absurdity because if Mormons were really that powerful then why didn’t they simultaneously carry the state of California for John McCain in the electoral college? The State Media will never admit this, but the reason that Barack Obama won the state of California’s electoral votes while Prop 8 passed in 2008 is because Obama’s black voters also gleefully pulled the lever to discriminate against gay people. And they loved every minute of it. I actually don’t know what blacks in that state were more thrilled about: electing a black man president or sticking it to gays with a ballot-measure F-U in CA.
* Equality Illinois Woman insists at the 52-second mark that the Archbishop was in fact behind Prop 8 (so it wasn’t the Mormons?) and that he was also behind the effort to block “gay marriage’ in Illinois. I assume she also believes he was behind the Kennedy Assassination, the removal of Twinkies from the marketplace, and the rigging of the Dancing with the Stars Voting in 2010 (no, wait, that was me!). For those who don’t know, Democrat Speaker of the Illinois House Mike Madigan decided not to allow gay marriage in the state of Illinois because if he had done this right now Illinois would be the 13th state to recognize “gay marriage” and Madigan is superstitious and didn’t want to be the “unlucky #13″ state. He wants Illinois to be the 14th state to legalize “gay marriage” because 14 is one of his lucky numbers (I think it’s a grandchild or niece or nephew’s birthday or something). This is honest to goodness the reason why “gay marriage” did not pass in a fully Democrat-controlled state legislature…just because Democrats here did not want it to pass this year. Fundraising off “gay marriage” is a HUGE FINANCIAL BOON for Democrats…and they need that money for 2014. What the State Media and the useful idiots at Equality Illinois won’t tell you is that Democrats purposefully tabled “gay marriage” in 2013 because they wanted at least one more year of fundraising in the “gay community” to fill their campaign coffers for 2014. If Madigan had allowed this to pass in ’13 it would have been unlucky for Democrats in the fundraising racket…so it’s better for the Left’s nationwide prospects in ’14 to keep gays riled up about “gay marriage”. Do you see how that works? Maybe “14″ isn’t a family birthday number for Mike Madigan after all…but is just another part of the Left’s longterm election strategies.
* Around the 107-minute mark Equality Illinois Woman and Muppet insist the Church controls the state of Illinois, which is just an outright lie. Have you been to this state? Clearly the Church would do a better job of running it than Democrats…and maybe black children in public schools here would be able to read by the age of 15 and AIDS and meningitis wouldn’t be making roaring comebacks in the City of Chicago. Idiots.
* Something really interesting happened at about the 114-minute mark. If you blink, you’ll miss it…but there is a man in a dark shirt with nasty dark hair and a goatee who started coming towards me to knock my camera out of my hand and assault me. You’ll hear Equality Illinois Woman pull him to the side and say “Did I say you could do that to him?”, which was my first indication that this woman was the assigned “leader” of the protest. You need to understand that this is how astroturfing works on the Left…there is always a contact person/leader of the event and then people like Muppet and Nasty Hair Thug are recruited by various organizations like Equality Illinois or the Teachers’ Union. When they arrive on-site, they are told that someone like Equality Illinois Woman is in charge. Usually they meet around the corner from wherever the actual scream-a-thon will be taking place and the contact person/leader establishes the rules and priorities of the event. One of the rules is that they can’t do anything that looks violent while being filmed…and they can’t say things on camera that people like James O’Keefe and Andrew Breitbart have been expert in the past at catching on tape. If Equality Illinois Woman had not been there to stop him, I’m pretty sure Nasty Hair Thug would have knocked the camera out of my hand or grabbed it…which would have been very unfortunate for him because police were standing by and I would have insisted he be arrested for assault and theft for doing so.
* At 121-minutes, Muppet can’t identify which representatives in the Illinois state legislature said they were being pressured by Catholics not to allow “gay marriage” in this fully Democrat-controlled state. He said he needed to go back home and look at some list he had of all these people. But, he didn’t bring this list to the event he was attending where he’d be screaming and yelling about these people? Doesn’t make much sense.
* At 144-minutes, Muppet asks me what I’m doing there and I truthfully told him I was just walking down the street and saw all the commotion. This is amusing to me because I almost never go down Belmont between Broadway and Halsted because the only thing that’s really on that stretch of Belmont is Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and that’s not the church I attend. It was a one-in-a-million chance that I of all people would be walking down this street right when this scream-a-thon was happening…and for once I actually had my camera with me and it still had battery life in it. I happened to be out that day taking photos of apartment buildings for a friend looking for a new place and if not for that I’d have never encountered these lunatics or gotten this on film. The Holy Spirit must have been directing me or something.
* I love that he says at 153-minutes something about “if you are a gay man”. That’s funny to me because I think there’s no way on Earth I could ever hide that I’m gay and don’t think I’m remotely passable as straight. I think my voice gives me away, totally.
* At 209-minutes, Muppet says that Democrats don’t control the state of Illinois with Speaker Mike Madigan. Clearly, Muppet is visiting us from BizarroWorld.
* At 220-minutes, Muppet insists these people he doesn’t know the names of are all afraid of “reapercushions” (I think he means repercussions, but maybe these are some sort of sofa paddings the Angel of Death carries around on which to rest his sickle). Once again, I don’t know why any Democrat would be afraid of any religious group because the way this state is gerrymandered there are no Democrats anywhere in Illinois, even far down south, who are ever in danger of losing their seats because of the influence of Catholics. That’s just crazy talk on Muppet’s part.
* At 242-minutes, I attempted to get good shots of as many of the faces of the people protesting as possible because I’d like to identify them all by name (and see how many of them work for the Chicago Public School system). If you read Nolte’s article, he makes it clear that the Left is targeting Catholic Schools for destruction because they are an impediment to the complete takeover of children’s education in this country (via the Frankfurt Plan). I always spot members of both the Teachers’ Union and the SEIU at any astroturfed protest in Chicago and endeavor to identify which teachers specifically are moonlighting in the Gaystapo. If these taxpayer-paid public employees are doing things like this on their off time…I think parents need to wonder what they are doing in the classrooms.
* Notice how the majority of these people scurry from the cameras, attempt to obscure their faces with signs, turn their heads away, etc. If they were proud of what they were doing and really believed in the things they were screaming then why are they so afraid to be photographed doing all of it? I can tell you, whenever I am at some event speaking in public I don’t care who films me because I am in a public place, engaged in a political activity for a cause I believe in, and I never, ever say or write anything that I do not believe 100% to be true and will forever standby. Leftists on the other hand always seem ashamed to be on film, like at heart they just know what they are doing is wrong and wilt when a camera is pointed at them. Why is that?
* 254-minutes…the two guys hiding their faces are both public school teachers but I don’t know their names. I recognize them because they were both wearing Chicago Public Schools red tee shirts in the bar Downtown on State Street earlier this year during the whole mess with the teachers’ strike. I remember the bald guy because he looks like Buster from Arrested Development. If you know the names of either of these guys (or anyone else in the video) please email or post in comments because I’d love to find out what schools they teach in and see if parents of their students know what they get up to on the weekends with Equality Illinois and its political agenda.
* At the 304-minute mark I see someone has a video camera on a tripod…and the camera is pointed at the church steps. Equality Illinois is very clearly trying to capture every gay man heading into the AGLO event on film…so that the Ayatoldja Johnston and the rest of Equality Illinois can identify these guys and deal with them in some way. Remember that this event was setup up right before the AGLO mass being celebrated by the Archbishop…so the camera was positioned from a vantage point to capture the faces of the attendees heading to the event. The camera is not pointed at the protestors, so it’s not being used to record the activities of the Equality Illinois and Teachers’ Union members. It is filming who is going to services for AGLO so that the Ayatoldja Johnston can know who these people are…and perhaps order gay jihad on them. Why else point the camera that way when all the action is happening on the sidewalk?
* At 307-minutes, the gay bullies dispatched by Equality Illinois harass a gay Catholic in a yellow shirt who is attempting to enter the church. They’re calling him names and shouting at him for participating in AGLO, but much to his credit he ignores them and keeps his cool…the guy in the yellow shirt says he has “seen two year olds that behave better”…and one of the gay bullies from Equality Illinois screams “yah, you’re wearing yellow and yellow”. I guess because he has on a yellow shirt as well as yellow shoes. That’s called matching. It’s a pretty standard thing to do, especially for gays. Yellow Shirt guy tells the Equality Illinois thugs that they act like idiots. They really don’t know what to do, because they are used to successfully bullying people, so Equality Illinois Woman just starts shouting louder.
* At 335-minutes, a man wearing the Number Five on the back of his shirt starts talking about Anita Bryant (whom Justin thinks is the “black woman who accused Clarence Thomas of putting hairs on a can of Coke” but is actually the former singer and Florida orange juice pitch woman whom Harvey Milk made into his personal nemesis back in the 1970s). Pay attention to Number Five, because I believe he’s also a Chicago public school teacher. I’ve seen him before at Teachers’ Union events, though he might be a professional protest-attendee in the ranks of the astroturfing Left. That means he might not even be gay himself, but is doing this because it’s safe to assume that Equality Illinois paid people to stand in front of this church and harass people attending the AGLO mass. I think he’s a teacher though, based on his mannerisms and the fact that I swear I saw him at the teachers’ strike protests too.
* Notice the Chicago police standing there. Justin actually asked me why the police were not doing anything to stop all this, but I had to explain to him that the cops in Chicago are actually really great guys…and they do an AWESOME job 99.9% of the time here. I love Chicago cops. They aren’t allowed to stop a protest like this or to interfere in it…but they were there to keep the sidewalk clear and actually protect people heading into the Church. So they were doing the right thing. If the Equality Illinois thugs had laid hands on anyone, grabbed my camera, or physically blocked the way into the Church then the cops would have arrested the gay bullies. But these people had a legal right to scream and yell and attempt to disrupt the mass verbally…they just could not physically touch anyone, step onto Church property to scream and yell, or prohibit someone physically from attending mass. They are allowed to videotape people going inside in an attempt to identify them and intimidate them because there is no expectation of privacy walking down a sidewalk and into a church.
* 341-minutes. Just look at how weird these people look. That also makes me believe this was a paid protest and that people answered an ad on Craigslist or something to attend this. There are such oddballs in this group from Equality Illinois; some look homeless, others appear to be mental patients. I doubt they all are fully aware of where they even are let alone why they are screaming at a church. One guy looks like Quasimodo and might think this is a staging of Hunchback. This is really typical for turnout at a Leftist paid event.
* 420-minutes. You can see a guy running past the lunatics to get into the church. It’s pretty sick that this is allowed to happen, as Justin said. Can you imagine if the tables were turned and gays had to run to get inside of a gay bar? I wonder what the Ayatoldja Johnston would say if Christian groups picketed and screamed “BIGOT!” in front of his bar Sidetrack on Halsted and forced his customers to run as they were entering the building, afraid of being filmed going in? I bet the State Media would be all over that, wouldn’t they?
* This all goes on for a while longer and the honking and screaming of BIGOT! give me quite a headache. I cut it off at 8 minutes just because it was more of the same thing over and over again and the police were keeping anything major from happening. But the protest itself went on for quite a while with lots of screaming and yelling intended to disrupt the mass being held inside. You’ll notice that everyone screams louder when the doors of the church are opened…because they are trying to get their voices to carry inside. I think they also are doing a psy-ops trick here, because they are trying to seem more numerous than they really are. As in, if they scream loudly when the doors are open the people inside will think there are hundreds of Equality Illinois thugs out there…instead of just a handful of paid lunatics.
What’s actually fascinating about all of this is that I never knew about this AGLO organization before and hadn’t heard that Our Lady of Mt. Carmel had some kind of a gay outreach program. The only way I would have ever found out about this was if I had walked by a protest like the one on Sunday that called AGLO to my attention. I’m now considering going to mass at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and joining this AGLO group…and the Church will have Equality Illinois and the Teachers’ Union to thank for that new addition to their membership ranks!
I’m sure the Ayatoldja Art Johnston will just love that.
As I was walking away, Equality Illinois Woman said something I wish I could have gotten on tape because I enjoyed the visuals of it so much. She said, “THEY always send one of them out to try to discredit us like that”, while pointing at me. As if people who were never credited in the first place need me to discredit them.
I wonder who’s the “THEY” that she referred to in that and what “one of them” meant to her. Since Sunday, I’ve been enjoying coming up with ideas on that with Justin, imaging all sorts of variations on the theme of “THEY” and “THEM”.
Was “THEY” the Vatican itself, as if the Holy See dispatches me on these missions around the world in service of the Church? I pictured a tall, dark, and chastely-handsome colorfully-attired Swiss Guard popping up to my doorstep carrying a parchment scroll sealed in blood red wax and tied up in golden string with an urgent mission directive straight from the ring of Pope Francis in Rome…directing me to Belmont and Halsted to film lunatics screaming at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on a random Sunday in Chicago.
Perhaps, instead of a Michelangelo-clad hottie the Vatican would just materialize a cherub in the vicinity of my desk who’d deposit my marching orders on finely-calligraphied vellum…like those owls that flew around Hogwarts passing all of those notes (but leaving just glitter behind instead of the horrors I imagine mice-ingesting owls depositing from their behinds as they took flight around the magical school). If black smoke over the Vatican means no pope has been selected by a conclave and white smoke heralds a new pontiff…does raspberry or peacock smoke indicate successful transmission of a message from the Holy See to a conservative homosexual in Chicago? The possibilities are endless.
Of course, I wondered if Equality Illinois Woman instead meant “THEY” in the Republican sense…like Governor Sarah Palin, Congressman Allen West, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Senator Ted Cruz, or others in the GOP ranks that I like and admire sent me out to videotape on Sunday? How awesome would that be? (Answer: it would be hella awesome, hunties). Where do I sign up to be an unpaid page for committed conservative people who are trying to save our country from ruin? I’d love that gig and would hope they keep me very, very busy always.
I very much enjoy being “one of them”, as Equality Illinois Woman referred to me…because I sure as Hades never want to be mistaken for one of the nuts who’d heed the Ayatoldja Johnston’s call for jihad and scream and yell at a church on a Sunday. I’d rather this woman forever call me “one of them”…since “one of us” in her case would mean a wasted and pathetic life wallowing in the institutional Left’s special blend of hypocrisy and hatred.
On an intensely personal note, the more I consider it the more I truly do believe the Holy Spirit drew me down Belmont (a street I rarely walk down) last Sunday (a day I rarely am out and about walking in the neighborhood) for the specific purpose of catching the Gaystapo on tape engaging in this coordinated attack against Catholics; for Nolte at Breitbart to publish his article on the War on Catholics today (while I was working on getting the video footage up on YouTube and this essay written) sends a shiver up my spine because it, too, feels like the Holy Spirit at work compelling my service to the faithful on the ground here in Boystown. There’s a great line in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Sean Connery, playing a devote Catholic, “suddenly remembers (his) Charlemagne” and says, “Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky”…before employing an umbrella to send seagulls into the air to cripple a Nazi warplane. The Holy Spirit apparently has a long history of commandeering both the ordinary and the oddball for service as needed, no matter how unexpected it would be.
I’m delighted and honored to similarly answer the Spirit’s call whenever and wherever it comes…in service to my Lord, my country, and the American people I adore. I hope as friends you always join me in this and together we endeavor to expose all the bad things the supposed “gay community” does to aide and abet the institutional Left.
QUESTION FOR COMMENTS: Have you ever encountered Leftists like this out and about, screaming and yelling and carrying on the way that they do? Can you tell immediately how artificial and astroturfed these “protests” really are and by watching the video can you see how the rabble present really do appear to be hired hands from Craigslist?
What are some ways that YOU can spread the word that the institutional Left uses gay people as useful idiots and Gaystapo goon squad foot soldiers in the ceaseless War Against Catholics in this country?
It’s Very Common for the Institutional Left to Commit Perjury When They Think They Will Get Away With It
[ Click above to embiggen: the Bonfire of the Gay Vanities ]
In the past several weeks, we’ve heard horrific reports of both the institutional Left using the IRS as a weapon of retribution against conservatives and Christians and current (for now) Attorney General Eric Holder committing perjury during Congressional hearings…because those in the Obama Regime arrogantly believe the rule of law does not apply to them and that they can do as they please without consequence.
While these events happen on the national scene, you’re no doubt aware that Leftists on all levels (federal, state, county, and local) see nothing wrong with any of this…so long as it’s conservatives and Christians being persecuted by the Obama Regime and the Democrat-controlled federal government. A group of college students even delighted their Leftist professors by getting together to send the IRS a thank-you card for intimidating, bullying, and maliciously auditing opponents of the Obama Regime…and the Democrat “activists” who committed a felony by bugging Senator Mitch McConnell’s office today gleefully exclaimed “they’d do it again!”. The institutional Left firmly believes that when those on the right are on the receiving end of deliberate persecution that the “right” people are “getting what they deserve” and that all ends justify these means. Somewhere in the bowels of Hades, Saul Alinsky is smiling.
If you are a lifelong conservative or religious person who wonders how anyone in this country could ever think it’s a good thing (worthy of a thank-you card, no less) for Democrats to use the government to persecute their professed enemies, then you need to take a look at what happens every day in Leftist-controlled cities like Chicago…and, in particular, enclaves like Boystown where the “gay community” employs these kinds of tactics against their “enemies” all the time (but you just never hear about it because the media won’t report it, since gays are favored tools of the Left and the media will never shine a light on gays’ bad behavior). The deeper you wade into the Left’s marked territory in states like Illinois, the more you will see that the sort of thing the IRS and Eric Holder have been doing is quite commonplace for Obama’s followers nationwide. It’s just standard operating procedure, actually, and gays in Chicago are mostly wondering what took Democrats so long to use the IRS and Justice Department to go for conservatives’ throats like this…because on the local level these guys do things like this all the time to their own personal enemies. It’s just that no one ever tells you about it.
The “gay community” you hear so much about in the media (you know, the special “community” that’s always claiming to be victims of bullying or harassment from others) is actually led by particularly ruthless gay individuals who more often than not are aggressive victimizers themselves…doing the sort of thing to others that they claim conservatives and Christians do to them…and believing they can get away with it because they are gay and are a special, pet class in the eyes of the media. You might remember Bret Easton Ellis calling these people the “gay cultural elite” or “gay magical elves”…but I’ve long-called them “The Gaystapo”, because prominent gay “community leaders” enforce a policy of complete annihilation against any gay man or lesbian who ever speaks out against any of the bad things that gay people do…especially when it’s a case of prominent gays persecuting Christians or using the government to come after their enemies.
I’ve told you before about a shocking lawsuit that is now in the deposition phase and making its way towards trial in the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division in the courtroom of Judge Amy St. Eve…where a former employee of the gay establishment Sidetrack the Video Bar is suing owner Art Johnston (the self-styled “Chicago’s Harvey Milk” and inductee into the local “Gay & Lesbian Hall of Fame”) for four counts of sexual harassment (and hostile work environment), religious discrimination (and hostile work environment), retaliation, and the intentional infliction of emotional distress.
This is a case involving a gay, Christian employee of Johnston’s named “J.P.” who was relentlessly harassed both sexually and because of his religious beliefs while working at Sidetrack…and then he was subjected to emotional torture by Sidetrack’s management and employees for complaining about what was being done to him in a bar owned and operated by “Chicago’s Harvey Milk” and “Gay & Lesbian Hall of Fame inductee” Art Johnston. It is the absolute height of hypocrisy and a case that’s got everyone in Boystown buzzing…because it’s horrifying to many to see that after all these years of Johnston taking to soap boxes to claim that gay people were perpetual victims of bullying it’s now clear that gay people can actually be extremely effective bullies of Christians when they intend to be. The whole thing has a very “Bonfire of the Vanities” feel to it, because the case involves the most prominent gay man in Chicago — a person who regularly rails against Christians and conservatives as evil bigots — actually being the one inflicting pain, suffering, and abuse on another and violating a Christian’s civil rights due in part to his commitment to Jesus Christ.
If roles were reversed and it was another story about a prominent religious figure who was openly persecuting a gay guy, the media would be all over this like white on rice (or pink on a drag queen)…but the reason you have not heard a rainbow peep about this from anyone but me is because there is a complete embargo in the news about “gay community leaders” ever doing anything wrong to others. I guess the media believes that if they don’t talk about it, then it never happened…which has been the strategy of choice for the Obama Regime through the IRS scandal, Benghazi, the AP phone taps, Pigford, Fast & Furious, and everything else that’s befallen us in this the Golden Age of Hope and Change.
When this story breaks nationally (and I guarantee it will, if I have to seance the ghosts of Dominick Dunne and Truman Capote to help me cover it on a daily basis when the trial starts) it’s going to be mighty hard for the institutional Left to trot gays out in front of the media in the future and claim conservatives and Christians are so evil…because here in Chicago this case against Johnston and Sidetrack proves that gays are hypocrites…in that they don’t pass up an opportunity to do to others what they claim is so terrible when it’s done to them…because they are just so used to getting away with this stuff and think no one will ever call them out.
Well, I’m calling Art Johnston and Sidetrack out for their bad behavior…and I hope you do too!
J.P., the employee who filed suit against Johnston and Sidetrack, was mercilessly harassed and retaliated against as punishment from Johnston for complaining to the EEOC about the hostile work conditions in Boystown’s largest and best-known gay bar. Johnston, who is a large fundraiser for and cultish supporter of Barack Obama’s, declared all-out war on his former employee in retaliation for his complaint…including falsely challenging the poor guy’s unemployment benefits, with Sidetrack’s chosen representative in the hearings that followed perjuring himself while under oath on five separate occasions in an attempt to tell enough lies to have J.P.’s unemployment benefits taken away from him. The good news is that the administrative judge assigned by the state saw through the perjury and ruled that Sidetrack’s representative, its accountant Bryan Portman, was “not credible”…which is a polite way of saying the man was a damn and dirty liar while under oath; the bad news is that having his unemployment benefits challenged over a period of several months where Sidetrack kept lying during the hearings inflicted severe emotional distress on a young man who was trying desperately to find a new job. Instead of being able to focus on that, he had to worry about what new lies Sidetrack would tell at hearings or what else employees of Johnston’s would do to either silence him or intimidate him into dropping his lawsuit.
Like Obama and Holder on the national level, Johnston’s long been accustomed to fawning praise in the Chicago media, no doubt in part to the large sums of money he gives to causes dear to the institutional Left and the role Johnston has always served as an attack dog in Illinois (always ready, willing, and enthusiastic about making speeches or granting interviews condemning one conservative or Christian or another as evil incarnate and an enemy of gay people…which always comes in handy in election years, because one of Democrats’ favorite tactics is to polarize their opponents as loathsome villains and alienate them from voters because “they are enemies of the gay community”); because of all the chits he’s collected through the years from the Chicago Machine, Johnston behaves like someone who does not believe that laws such as the Civil Rights Act of 1964 apply to him…at least in part because the media refuses to hold prominent gays like him accountable for anything.
All of this is instructive for anyone struggling with what’s happening in Washington right now with Holder and the officials from the IRS who are either lying under oath or are pleading the Fifth (like Lois Lerner from the IRS) to avoid directly lying (since telling the truth would force them to admit they were in fact abusing government agencies to punish and persecute “enemies” of Barack Obama); conservatives always seem to have a hard time wrapping their heads around the fact that people on the Left have absolutely no qualms about doing things like this…and that they do it every day, in matters local or national. This is just how they are wired and as long as they keep getting away with it they will just keep on doing it. Especially when Democrats hold so many state and national offices.
I became an armchair expert on perjury in the state of Illinois because of this suit that J.P. brought against Johnston and Sidetrack as I’m one of the witnesses in the case and was present when Sidetrack’s accountant, Bryan Portman, lied under oath repeatedly during those IDES hearings. As a result, I have clearly become one of Art Johnston’s most favorite people in the whole wide world. I was forced to submit an affidavit attesting to the fact I witnessed the perjury, as well as evidence that established that Portman was indeed purposefully lying in an attempt to manufacture misconduct on J.P.’s part that would have justified his termination by Johnston. J.P. complained to IDES about the fact that Sidetrack as an employer perjured itself in the hearings…but IDES said it has no mechanism under Illinois statute to do anything about it. An employer lying to IDES is indeed illegal…but IDES isn’t empowered to even so much as fine the employer for doing that.
Apparently, perjury under oath only seems to matter if a prosecutor selectively decides to enforce the statutes prohibiting it; this appears to be one of those “selective enforcement” issues, with prosecutors claiming they never have resources to pursue perjury against someone…unless that person is high profile enough to be dragged before the cameras in some political move Democrats have engineered. I spent a few weeks hounding officials at IDES until I was able to speak to the General Counsel and someone in the Executive Director’s office…and I learned that a big city like Chicago depletes county and state resources in so many other ways that prosecutors will never bring charges against an employer for lying under oath at an unemployment benefits hearing. The fact that the state’s attorney general can credibly say “we don’t have the resources to file charges against Bryan Portman and Sidetrack for perjury” is license for Illinois to just look the other way when a prominent gay-owned business is the victimizer and law-breaking…but you better believe that “resources” would materialize lickety-split if it was a Christian business being accused of perjuring itself in hearings against a gay employee.
Since someone like Art Johnston knows he can get away with almost anything in Illinois, there was nothing to give him any sort of pause when it came to sending Portman to those hearings to perjure himself. He knew he’d never be punished when it was clear Portman was lying and probably figured he’d roll the dice and maybe luck out if Portman was a good enough liar to convince the judge to take J.P.’s benefits away. The goal, according to the suit filed against Johnston and Sidetrack in federal court, was to cause J.P. severe emotional distress by forcing him to worry for months about what was going to happen to his benefits…perhaps in an attempt to get him to drop his suit if Sidetrack would stop challenging those benefits he depended upon.
The media will never allow you to believe that a “gay community” leader like Art Johnston in Chicago can be the victimizer and not a perpetual victim, the way that the institutional Left insists on treating and using gays…but I hope you are smart enough to see just how often “gay community leaders” like Johnston act as the Left’s goon squads and enforcers in the political and cultural arena…since the media prevents conservatives and Christians from ever saying a bad word about gays (lest they be branded the dreaded “homophobes!” pejorative).
In a sick way, it’s almost a sign of immense progress in the country that a man like Johnston — who claims to be an activist and civil rights leader but is really a rather entitled Alinskyite at heart — is now the one abusing other people’s civil rights…since it shows that the march towards equality for gays has finally reached a point where, YES, gays are so equal and mainstream in America now that they are just as likely to victimize others as they are to be victims themselves.
This is quite similar to our first black Attorney General committing perjury, willfully breaking the law, looking the other way and never prosecuting favored groups, and doing all the other terrible things he’s done in the last five years….in much the same way that racist Attorneys General of the past possibly victimized black people under Jim Crowe. But, here in 2013 we have a black AG appointed by the “historic and unprecedented first black president” who uses his office to mostly persecute and punish white people in violation of the law…while in Chicago we’ve got a self-styled “gay community leader” who appears to be the biggest and most abusive bully in town and who does things to his Christian employees that gay people in the past would have accused religious people of doing to them in a 1950s workplace. In a sick way, it’s actually weirdly refreshing that our country has course-corrected in such a way that people who would have been legitimate victims 60 years ago are now so protected and favored in our culture that they feel empowered to assume the roles of victimizers.
We have truly become so equal and advanced in this country that the real racists in power are now black and the malicious bigots are actually now gay…though the Ministry of Truth that is our media continues pretending that the opposite’s still true, even though our world hasn’t been that way in a long, long time.
I’m not sure if that’s the hopeychange Barack Obama promised us back in 2008…but it’s certainly what we’ve got in Chicago and Washington in 2013.
[ Click above to embiggen ]
Today, Congressman Darrell Issa’s subcommittee held testimony in the House investigation into the weaponization of the IRS as a means to intimidate, harass, and persecute Americans who were affiliated with the Tea Party, Christian groups, or had other conservative leanings. More hearings will come, but the clear pattern we’re seeing on a national level is that the Left uses federal government agencies as goon squads to target Americans on their enemies’ lists…and they believe they can get away with this because of who’s in the White House and who’s running the Justice Department.
On the micro-level of the City of Chicago, there’s a lawsuit currently in federal court in the District of Illinois Eastern Division that’s been filed against Art Johnston and Sidetrack the Video Bar which illustrates that the proclivity of using government agencies to harass “enemies” isn’t reserved for Democrats in Washington, but in fact is just normal operating procedure amongst Leftist “fellow travelers”.
Johnston, a devote Obama supporter and large fundraiser for his personality cult, is currently being sued by a former employee who was fired from his job as a doorman in Johnston’s bar because the employee complained about sexual harassment, religious discrimination, and retaliation (for his complaining to management about the harassment he received from coworkers, managers, and third party customers egged on to harass the Plaintiff by Sidetrack employees). Johnston fired this employee in August of 2011 after the employee hired a lawyer and prepared a complaint to the EEOC about the hostile working conditions that Johnston maintains in Sidetrack the Video Bar.
[ Entrance to Sidetrack the Video Bar in 2008, when Johnston heavily promoted the election of Barack Obama as a fellow traveler ]
Shortly after he fired the employee, Johnston had his accountant, Bryan Portman, file a false challenge to the employee’s unemployment benefits…alleging the employee was terminated for “insubordination”. This was a trumped-up charge because the employee never committed any act of “insubordination” (as a judge would later conclude) and was instead fired for filing an EEOC complaint (which is retaliation prohibited under the Civil Rights Act of 1964). The challenge to the employee’s unemployment benefits was made via the Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES), which is the government entity in Illinois that handles unemployment insurance (and employers’ challenges to these claims).
There’s no question in my mind that Johnston filed this challenge against the employee’s rightful benefits solely to harass and persecute this person, because Johnston was upset that this former employee was suing Sidetrack for five counts of harassment and retaliation in federal court. Johnston had available to him the IDES challenge and though he should have known that this challenge would fail, he pushed the button anyway just to cause the employee to sweat and worry if the benefits he depended on to survive after his firing would be taken away from him. It’s actually a separate and additional violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for an employer such as Johnston to file a meritless challenge to unemployment benefits just to harass a former employee….which is ironic because Johnston styles himself as a gay community “civil rights” leader who is constantly claiming that gays are persecuted by Christians. But, yet, here comes Johnston persecuting a Christian employee of his bar and violating this employee’s civil rights with this considered and determined harassment.
An IDES hearing at the local level immediately ruled in the employee’s favor, with the Adjudicator determining in less than a minute of interview with the employee that there was no act of insubordination involved in his firing and that the challenge to his benefits was thus meritless. Johnston then appealed the Adjudicator’s decision and decided to continue harassing the employee by challenging his benefits to the next level, which involved hearings before a Judge in IDES’ appeals division that required the employee to retain an attorney for the proceedings.
During these hearings, Sidetrack’s accountant Portman lied under oath multiple times to the Judge, in an attempt to have the employee’s unemployment benefits taken away from him. The employee suffered immense emotional distress during this process (which stretched on for months), because in this economy he was unable to find another job and still depended on his unemployment benefits. Johnston was clearly aware that Portman committed multiple acts of perjury in the IDES hearings…but gave his blessing to these actions because the goal was to harass and persecute the former employee as much as possible (as punishment for this guy suing Johnston and Sidetrack for the harassment he was subjected to there while he was an employee).
Ultimately, the IDES Judge ruled in the employee’s favor and stated that he did not believe Portman to be credible; the challenge to the benefits was completely meritless. Though the employee was vindicated, he was still forced to endure several months’ of worry and anxiety because Johnston decided to use a government agency to persecute him. This was very much the equivalent of the IRS auditing someone just because he was a Christian, conservative with Tea Party spirit.
Interestingly, this case proves that there’s really nothing an employer has to lose by lying during a challenge to unemployment benefits…because the Attorney General in Illinois will not pursue perjury charges against an employer for lying under oath during these hearings. After speaking to several people in IDES administration, I learned that no one working there could remember a time when an employer was prosecuted for perjury during an IDES hearing…because the prosecutors don’t have the financial resources to go after these people (supposedly). ”The judges know that the employer is lying, and then the judge rules that the employee keeps the benefits” was the general consensus of the IDES officials I spoke to. ”Their only punishment is that they had to pay a lawyer to be there when they lied, so it cost them money and then they didn’t succeed in taking a person’s benefits away in the end”. There is no mechanism available in Illinois law for an employer to be fined or punished in any way for filing a meritless challenge to an employee’s benefits. But, I believe there should be…since these challenges cause so much grief and stress for people whose energies should be focused solely on finding a new job.
Art Johnston is considered one of the “godfathers” of the gay community in Chicago, with his bar Sidetrack being “the heart of Boystown” (as it’s self-styled on its website). He’s extremely quick to point fingers and label all sorts of Christian, conservative figures “villains” for this, that or the other…especially by using the organization Equality Illinois (which he principally funds) as a proxy to scold his “enemies” as bigots if they oppose anything the Obama Regime does to this country. Simultaneously, Johnston chooses to knowingly file meritless challenges to an employee’s unemployment benefits (just because he can) and sends his accountant to perjure himself during hearings before IDES (because he knows that no one will prosecute him for it). This is very consistent with how the Left operates in general.
“Hypocrisy” is a term the Left seems woefully unacquainted with.
If you look carefully enough where you live, you will see that what’s happening in Washington DC with the IRS right now is just a larger and more high-profile example of what members of the Left do every single day in your community. This is the classic Alinsky Mindset of decimating your opponent (or, “enemy”, as the Left calls them) in any way possible…and specifically using arms of the government to do this wherever they can get away with it.
Whatever happens with the IRS scandal hearings won’t cure the cultural problem we have in this country, embodied in people like Boystown’s own Art Johnston, who are so steeped in the Alinsky Methods of the Left that they use harassment and personal destruction as standard operating procedures (all the while accusing Christians of being the REAL villains in our world!). If this is happening here in Chicago, I know it’s happening where you live…and it’s high time people started talking about all this and deciding as a nation that business-as-usual isn’t acceptable anymore.
QUESTION FOR COMMENTS: Have you seen members of the Left abuse a government agency to persecute or punish an individual where you live? Do you recognize this as a disturbing trend amongst Leftists and Obama’s fellow travelers?
[ Click above to embiggen: a clip from the latest Saturday Night Live sketch mocking our Lord and Savior, as broadcast on 2/16/2013. To watch the full clip for yourself, it’s currently available on HULU.com for free, which you can watch HERE ]
Last Saturday (2/16/2013), NBC ran a parody of Quentin Tarantino films called “DJesus Uncrossed”, which was a bastardization of Django Unchained…with a lot of Inglorious Bastards thrown in for good measure (or, for bad taste, depending on your personal perspective). Saturday Night Live heavily employed a laugh track during this faux-movie trailer…so that as our Savior was mocked in various ways these disembodied voices were hysterically overcome with giggles. Such as, when it was implied by the trailer that Jesus Christ “used the N-word a lot” (and that Peter Travers, from (I believe) Rolling Stone, quipped about this).
I’m going out on a limb in noting that a similar sketch entitled DMuhahahammad Unturbaned would have never left the writers’ room at NBC…for fear of the physical consequences to Rockefeller Center and the bat-guano-crazy reaction of Muslims worldwide to a blasphemous depiction of the medieval pedophile they deem to be a “prophet”. Since “the religion of peace” is neither a religion nor peaceful, NBC endeavors never to insult or offend Muslims…because Muslims vociferously police depictions of Muhammad in all forms of media.
Christians, on the other hand, raise little outcry whenever Jesus is impugned or mocked by the likes of Saturday Night Live…and, as a result, that mockery becomes a frequent source of material for unimaginative and talentless writers on shows that were past their prime back when I was still in high school (20 years ago!). Networks like NBC won’t so much as show an actor playing Muhammad…PERIOD…but they have no problem at all running sketches that portray Jesus as a violent, racist, murderer.
This is all part of the Left’s endless war against and persecution of Christians…and it’s important that you understand the REAL role of Saturday Night Live in the Left’s greater propaganda machine within its Ministry of Truth. The reason conservatives have lost the Culture War is because too often they delude themselves into thinking, “That’s just stupid!” or “Saturday Night Live doesn’t matter!” or “The only people who watch that are crazed Lefties anyway so they are preaching to their own choir”.
In reality, Saturday Night Live’s anti-Christian propaganda doesn’t just air once and then disappear into the firmament…it’s actually picked up in lots of ways by the Left and rebroadcast in various venues where it becomes part of a bigger effort to indoctrinate the susceptible into a permanent anti-Christian mindset.
Here in Chicago, there is a textbook, classic example of this at work in Sidetrack the Video Bar…which is the largest and most prominent gay bar in the city, located on Halsted Street and owned by Art Johnston and Pepe Pena (who are essentially the “godfathers” or “Dons” of the Chicago gay community). The anti-Christian videos produced by the likes of Saturday Night Live are collected by Sidetrack’s video production team and then re-edited into smaller clips that pack the anti-Christian sentiment into smaller, more explosive bites.
Those clips are then aired repeatedly to the intoxicated customers of the bar — over and over again — so that it’s resoundingly clear to the gay community of Chicago that Christians are to be targeted, mocked, and persecuted wherever and whenever possible. Since Sidetrack is the biggest and most prominent bar…and its owners are viewed as the “Dons” of the Chicago gay community…there’s immense peer pressure for gays in Chicago to toe the line and behave in the way that Sidetrack seemingly wants them to behave (if they want to keep being welcome in the largest and most prominent gay bar in Chicago).
I’m never sure if straight people understand the importance of being socially accepted in a particular bar, especially the biggest and most prominent gay bar around. A stereotype of straight men is that they do all their business and conduct all their networking on the golf course…so in that sense belonging to the largest and most prominent country club would be the key to a successful life as a straight businessman. For straight women, success in the spheres they inhabit might involve belonging to the largest and most prominent gym or a prestigious social club like The Daughters of the American Revolution or the like.
For gay guys, if you aren’t regularly seen in the largest and most prominent gay bar and if you aren’t known widely as “a friend of the bar” then your social status in the gay community is adversely affected…and you forfeit the networking and status-enhancing opportunities afforded to regular patrons of that bar. If you’re someone who has been made to feel unwelcome in the largest and most prominent gay bar, you become a gay guy who has to miss out on all the big events in the community…and all the benefits that come with attending those events.
So, the pressure is high to be a “good guest” of an establishment and to go along with whatever trend its owners set…by behaving the way those “Dons” instruct you to behave via the videos they play in Orwellian fashion on massive screens throughout the bar.
If you’ve read 1984, you’ll remember the concept of a “Two Minutes Hate”…which is a propaganda tool used by the people in control to incite those watching a film to express hatred and rage at “the enemy” on a regular basis. Johnston and Pena orchestrate “Two Minute Hates” against Christians in the gay community on a regular basis, via the videos they regularly select for exhibition in Sidetrack…knowing that the net effect will be the strengthening of the Left’s propaganda that Christians are the “enemies of the gay community”.
Sidetrack, in fact, employs a Chicago Public School teacher named Bradley Thomas Balof as an MC and event host to really rev up the crowds against “the enemies of the gay communities”…which supplements the spirit of these videos with a live-on-stage maestro of hate who demands the crowd jeer at Christians and shout aloud how they’re going to “get them”, “stop them”, “hurt them”, or “destroy them”. Without fail, all the drunk gays in attendance raise their glasses in the air, their faces red with anger and booze, and follow Balof’s lead to scream out against the Christian “enemies”.
Can you only imagine the outrage in the national media if Muslims were the target of Sidetrack’s “Two Minutes Hate” instead of Christians. I even think that there’d be some pause if Jews were targeted, instead of followers of Christ.
I’ve tried repeatedly to interview Art Johnston to ask him why he needs to keep showing clips like “DJesus Uncrossed” in his bar, instead of just playing fun videos without any attacks made on Christians, but Johnston won’t sit down with me, answer my letters, or return my calls. I just can’t imagine doing the things he does to Christians in his bar unless he’s doing them on purpose…and that purpose is part of a larger strategy on the Left to keep this anti-Christian sentiment flowing in all the various ideological subgroups of the Left where it can take root.
What’s remarkable is the glaring hypocrisy of all of this, too, because gays are who the Left trots out to constantly claim they are persecuted by Christians…with plenty of banners reading “Christians hate gays!” at any Pride Parade event or “equality march” the gay community holds for the cameras. In another Orwellian twist, some people are more equal than others because gays actually accuse other people of doing the things they actually do to Christians themselves!
In the five years I have been running this site as an openly gay Catholic I have not even once had an experience where a Christian said anything evil at all to me for being gay…but on a sustained and regular basis I’ve had employees and customers of Sidetrack harass and malign me for being a “traitor” or “enemy of the gay community” for not renouncing my allegiance to the Church. Christians never attempt to make me choose between being gay and being Christian, but gay “Dons” like Art Johnston apply constant pressure to force gays to turn their back on Christ if they want to be accepted in the gay community.
I believe this is an orchestrated strategy on the Left, since it’s widely known that a gay man truly does need access to the largest and most prominent gay bar in a big city to thrive socially and professionally in gay circles…and the threat of cutting off access to those benefits is enough to force gay men to join the “Two Minutes Hate” that bars like Sidetrack incite against Christians with the videos they play and the speeches their staff members make.
Saturday Night Live and other entertainment arms of the Ministry of Truth provide the prepackaged material needed for the “Two Minutes Hate”…and Art Johnston serves up the venues for exhibition…and then his staff sees to it that the message is delivered to the desired targets for their anti-Christian conditioning.
This is happening where you live too, but if you aren’t a frequent visitor to or observer of the gay community you might not realize it.
But, this is how the Left won the Culture War…while Christians sat back and deluded themselves to believe “Oh, no one pays attention to that!” or “That show hasn’t been relevant in 20 years!” .
NOTE: Hulu.com has a tendency to take videos down after a while, so if you are reading this at some point in the future and the Hulu link at the top doesn’t work, I think the Amazon Instant Video link will work for as long as Amazon is around. You’d have to buy the episode of SNL to see the “DJesus Uncrossed” clip, though…and I’d advise never giving SNL or NBC any of your hard-earned money if you can avoid it. But, if you REALLY need to see the clip and Hulu is not playing it for free then I suppose this is an alternative (since NBC is very aggressive about removing its clips from YouTube):
UPDATE: For those unfamiliar with Sidetrack the Video Bar and how endemic the hypocrisy is there, I want to remind you that this is the very same bar that posted photos on its official website of a friend of the bar’s owners dressed up as Adolf Hitler for last year’s Halloween party.
So, the bar’s photographer specifically picked out those photos of Adolf Hitler to appear in the prominently-promoted galleries of photos on the website, when a great many other photos were not similarly chosen for inclusion in that gallery. And no one at Sidetrack had sense enough to appreciate that Adolf Hitler and the Nazis persecuted and then executed gays back in the 1930s and 1940s. You know, in the Holocaust…which wasn’t exclusively used against Jews, but also included the elimination of gays (branded with pink triangles), gypsies, the disabled, and other minorities in German-conquered territories.
But, in the year 2013…the largest and most prominent gay bar in Chicago specifically chose to celebrate dressing up as Adolf Hitler for Halloween, like it was a good thing.
For those of you who scratch your heads at the Gaystapo’s attacks on Christians while simultaneously showing fervent deference to Muslims, include Sidetrack’s promotion of Adolf Hitler Halloween costumes with that insanity.
More on the bizarre and hypocritical things Sidetrack and its owners do HERE.
Hatemail of the Day: “You have done a lot of damage and the backlash to your unreseached and bios article is nothing welcoming”
[ Click above to embiggen: but don't get your hopes up that all of it will make any sense ]
I always get oddball hate mail whenever I write an article about terrible and hypocritical things the “gay community” does. This one that came in last night from a Sidetrack patron named Greg Baird (who also claims to be a “national lecturer on LBGTQAI issues” for Bass-Schuler Entertainment in Glenview, Illinois) stood out (and not just for the poor grammar and endless typos…which beg the question of just how educational and informative “lectures” from him could ever be to an audience older than pre-school). Greg was prompted to
ramble incoherently write in because he didn’t like my calling Sidetrack the Video Bar out for hosting events such as the Equality Illinois Pie Toss that serve as “two-minute-hates” against Christians, Republicans, and generally anyone else the “gay community” in Chicago declares “an enemy”.
You can read the article at the link above to see what got Greg Baird so riled up.
This perfectly illustrates a few things about the “gay community” that I think conservatives need to know and understand. My friend Megan Fox and I talked this morning about it and her perspective as a lifelong Republican and suburban mom is interesting because she has little contact with the gay community or the political Left and doesn’t understand a lot of how they operate and what comes as second nature to people like a Greg Baird.
Read the rest of this entry »
Open Letter to Rush Limbaugh: Please Call Attention to the Fact that Gay Community “Leaders” Have Been Ginning-Up Anti-Christian Hatred and Calls to Violence for YEARS
Dear Mr. Limbaugh,
Whenever I write an Open Letter to you I feel like there are cinnamon rolls taped to my head and I’m pleading into R2D2, “Help us, Obi-Wan, you’re our only hope!” but the truth is, Mr. Limbaugh, that you’re the only person with the guts to tell things like they are and take-on the “untouchable” issues that conservatives and Republican political pundits are seemingly terrified to go near. The end result of this reluctance to tip sacred cows is that the media and the Left (but I repeat myself) are able, for decades, to foster subcultures in this country that do great harm while serving as goon squads that Democrats gleefully dispatch against Republicans every chance they get.
One such group that needs your immediate attention is the nation’s self-styled “gay community leaders” who preach hatred and rev crowds up to violence against Christians at just about every gay event (such as Gay Pride Parades or festivals like “Market Days” here in Chicago) and also in gay bars that turn innocuous events like Halloween parties or fundraisers into political events by having M.C.s take to the mic and make incendiary political speeches about how evil Christians are, how much Republicans supposedly want to “put gays in concentration camps” (a bizarre accusation that’s repeated often in the gay community), and how gays need to “get” Christians and Republicans before “they get us!”.
This happens nationally. It’s not coincidental and is being directed behind the scenes by gay “community leaders” who take their marching orders from the memes churned out by gay publications in every major city and in national rags like The Advocate.
Read the rest of this entry »
How Gay Community Leaders Promote Hate and Encourage Violence Against Christians: Chicago’s Sidetrack the Video Bar as Case Study
[ Sidetrack M.C. (and Chicago public school teacher) Bradley Thomas Balof incites a crowd of gay men to hurl expletives at Christians and Republicans in the form of a Chick-Fil-A effigy during a two-minute-hate conducted during a fundraiser for Equality Illinois held at Sidetrack the Video Bar in Chicago in August 2012 ]
Yesterday, Floyd Corkins II of Herndon, Virginia — who worked with The DC Center, an LGBTQAI community center in the nation’s capital — brought a gun to the Family Research Council’s headquarters because he was driven by an all-consuming hatred of Christians and egged on by the nation’s self-styled “gay leaders” to “get in their faces” and inflict harm on the people that the gay community routinely brands as “enemies”. He concealed his gun in a Chick-Fil-A bag as a political statement and likely got the idea to do that from the nonstop, hate-fueled rage the gay community’s directed against the fast food chain for the last month because of COO Dan Carthay’s unapologetic promotion of traditional Christian values.
Gay bars like Sidetrack the Video Bar here in Chicago are hotbeds of this anti-Christian hatred and encouragement to violence, where patrons are often led in “two-minute-hates” against Christians, Republicans, and other declared “enemies of the gay community”. It is truly only a matter of time before another gay man like Floyd Corkins picks up a gun, stuffs it into a chicken bag, and sets out to murder Christians because self-styled LGBTQAI “community leaders” put that idea into his head.
Read the rest of this entry »
Here’s something I’d like to accomplish this week — to research where the lie originates that Republicans want to “round up” gays, lock us in camps, and kill us.
Go ahead and laugh, but I swear I see this lie repeated over and over again in the gay community. It’s something the Gaystapo goon squad uses to bully gays to never consider voting conservative or for a Republican candidate.
This “Republicans are evil and want to round us up!” trope is rolled out not only in the low-information circles of Facebook, but in many gay publications that claim to be at least somewhat credible.
I’d love to work up a dissection of where this lie comes from, who originates it, and why the Left feels it’s so effective at keeping gay voters on the Democrat reservation (where they blindly vote against their own economic best interests because the DNC keeps telling them that if you are gay you must vote Democrat — since, according to the lie, Republicans are evil and want to murder gays).
The 2012 election is going to be the nastiest and most emotionally-charged in our lifetime. The Left currently enjoys power like never before, and will not give it up without an epic fight.
I really want to do something to prohibit the Left from using this “Republicans want to round you up and kill you” lie in the gay community in the year ahead…and taking this Alinsky cudgel away from the Left requires a solid look at where this lie comes from, who spreads it, and why the Left needs to rely so heavily on it.
Dear HillBuzz -
Maybe it’s just because HillBuzz.org has been covering this lately, but I have noticed things around me that tie into issues we Buzzers have had great discussions about – namely bullies who claim they are the victims.
It started with the Only@Brunch guys making derogatory comments about Trig Palin in Chicago and The Ben Cohen Standup Foundation hypocritically holding an anti-bullying event in the venue where those bullying attacks were showcased. And I have to hand it to the HillBuzz crew for standing up for Trig and everyone else who gets picked on in the gay community because of their handicaps or what-have-you. Also, HillBuzz’s highlighting of the Gaystapo’s constant targeting of people they don’t agree with has made me realize how much those who claim to be victims are really the bullies.