Why does the politically correct Village of Orland Park waste $5,000 every year on a “holiday party” when they have banned “Merry Christmas”?
* The Village of Orland Park long ago banned the words “Merry Christmas” due to political correctness (and the fact that Orland Park has been colonized by Muslims in recent years, ever since a large Muslim-Brotherhood-affiliated mosque was erected there over the loud objections of longtime residents who tried their best to resist the colonization).
* “Happy Holidays” is the official mandate…though Village employees receive Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day as paid days off.
* Assistant Village Manager Joe LaMargo mocked Christ at the “holiday party” in 2015 with what he deemed a humorous sweater. Wanna bet that he’d never wear a sweater with Muhammad on it like that to a “holiday party.” Only Christianity receives such blasphemy and ridicule. Never, ever any disrespect shown to Islam.
* Isn’t it time public employees stop getting to have their “holiday” cake and eating it too? If they want to eradicate Christmas so badly…shouldn’t we stop feeling bad about taking away their “holiday” parties (since, by definition, these are no longer Christmas parties)? Even I would feel like a grinch if I forced this Village to stop having Christmas parties…but I don’t feel the slightest bit bad in suggesting “holiday parties” are not necessary and should be canceled.
* Why should public bodies be allowed to hold vestigial
Christmas parties for themselves at great public expense if the original meaning and intent of these December events no longer applies (since political correctness has eliminated Christmas)?
* Listen to Megan Fox and Kevin DuJan talk about the corruption and ongoing spending problems in Orland Park here:
This is another example of the kinds of things you can uncover if you use Freedom of Information Act requests to examine the spending of local government boards and village/town entities in your area. Writing FOIA requests and then poring over the documents you get back is like solving little mysteries right in your living room. It’s exciting catching public employees doing terrible or embarrassing things. You should try this for yourself in 2016. You won’t regret it. There is limitless potential when it comes to the upsetting things you will find.
For the last several years, my friend Megan Fox and I have been studying the corruption in a Place You’ve Never Heard Of called Orland Park, about 40 minutes southwest of Chicago, which first came on our radar when we discovered that child pornography had been allowed to be accessed in their public library (with library staff deliberately looking the other way and covering it up for years). Their own hidden incident reports (which they fought and fought not to produce) proved they had allowed a man to not only view child pornography on the Library’s computers without police being called but they had also allowed masturbation at the computers, the stalking of women, and the sexual harassment of female employees to go on for years in what can only be described as the Library’s second floor “Masturbation Lounge.” The Village lashed out at us and tried to scare us away after we uncovered the extent of perversion happening in that Masturbation Lounge and all the other sex crimes and impropriety happening at that Library…which then made us interested in everything the Village itself was hiding. The more nastiness these local elected and public officials aimed at us to scare us away and silence us, the more we committed to making scrutinizing the Village of Orland Park our new hobby. We knew if these people were so desperate to shut us up and chase us away and force us to sue them in chancery court to compel them to comply with the Freedom of Information Act that they must be hiding all kinds of things. SPOILER ALERT: we were right!
The Edgar County Watchdogs were an inspiration to Megan and me in our FOIA education, since those guys have become famous in Illinois for busting corruption using Freedom of Information Act requests. The Watchdogs have even performed citizen’s arrests on government boards around the state that they caught violating the law. Forbes magazine lauded them for that. I think they are probably the most talented and committed government corruption busters Illinois has ever seen. And the beauty of what they do…and what Megan and I learned to do by following their example…is that they just email government bodies and ask for expense reports, incident reports, and other documents that likely will contain clues to terrible things the public employees are covering up (hoping no local “busy bodies” ever think to look into).
Last month, in FOIA production, I came across references to the big “Holiday Party” that the Village was throwing for its employees at great taxpayer expense; they planned on having an “Ugly Sweater” contest, which is normally called an “Ugly Christmas Sweater” contest here in Chicagoland. Looking through emails and flyers that the Village had produced related to their big party, I noticed that the employees all very deliberately avoided any use of the word “Christmas.” Like, they went really far out of their way to avoid using the “C-word.”
Previously, Megan and I discovered that the Orland Park Public Library had even banned all traditional Christmas music, because they claimed it would offend Muslims passing through the Library. (Apparently, Muslims spontaneously burst into flames or shatter into a million pieces as if dipped in liquid nitrogen if they hear even the chorus of “Silent Night” or “Ave Maria.”) Hypocritically, a few summers ago this same Library dedicated an entire month of expensive programming to “Muslim Journeys,” which was a series of lectures, displays, and racy belly dancing performances where the Library actively promoted Islam and Islamic “culture.” (Complete with appearances by Imams from the Muslim colony’s mosque, there to proselytize and encourage submission to “the religion of peace”…that blows infidels to pieces.) So…that thing they say about traditional Christmas music and even the words “Merry Christmas” being banned from public property because such overt religious expressions would offend “other cultures” does not apply to Islam or Islamic “culture” offending anyone else. As usual, Christians are told they cannot express their faith or enjoy their culture in public (which just so happens to be the dominant majority culture in this country)…but every effort must always be made to do whatever the precious, wonderful Muslims want. People in Orland Park are idiots embracing dhimmihood…as you will see. But, I digress. There is much more of this tangent for another day.
I was curious how ridiculous people looked in their “Ugly Sweaters” and wondered how many high-ranking Village employees would participate in this silliness. I was also curious how much food the Village would order for the “Don’t Call It Christmas!” party and how much all that would cost. In addition to all the spending documents, I also thought to FOIA any photos and videos taken during the party. Helpful hint: Public bodies must produce photos, videos, audio recordings (like voicemail recordings), texts, Facebook messages, and other electronic audio/visual “documents” in addition to emails, faxes, spreadsheets, Word docs, and hardcopy papers you might request.
I was surprised to spot none other than Joe LaMargo, the Assistant Village Manager (second highest ranking position in the Village), dancing around in photos wearing a sweater with “Birthday Boy Jesus” on it. As he danced, various public employees seemingly stared at his butt and clapped. In his defense, it’s a pretty decent butt.
Amiright? His wife is very talented at picking out this clown’s jeans and dressing him. (Though I wish she had vetoed that sweater.)
So…at this “holiday party” that taxpayers pay for (but are not invited to), “Merry Christmas” is not allowed to be said and is forbidden (because uttering those words may cause any Muslims walking by to flip out and convulse on the floor in seizures)…but high-ranking Village employees are allowed to make any Christians in the room feel uncomfortable with a blasphemous “Birthday Boy Jesus” sweater. And everyone applauds!
It’s shocking how much these gluttons spent on food (and how much food they ordered) for all of these politically correct Village idiots. You could choke Rosie O’Donnell herself with all this:
* 45 pounds of hot Italian beef with bruschetta and sweet peppers = $350.00
* 5 full tubs of baked mostaccioli pasta with marinara = $325.00
* 4 full tubs of chicken with marsala wine sauce = $300.00
* 4 full tubs chicken with champagne butter shallot sauce = $300.00
* 3 full tubs of salad = $115.00
* 5 full tubs of roasted potatoes = $175.00
* 3 full tubs of grilled veggies = $120.00
Why couldn’t they have just done a potluck and had everyone bring a favorite dish from home, at their own personal expense?
Adding in other catering costs, sternos, waiters, utensils, etc. the grand total for all this came to $2,269.00. But, since 300 public employees were dancing around in their Ugly Sweaters and eating champagne and marsala wine chicken and 45 pounds of Italian beef for two full hours that day, at least one hour of that time involved public employees who were on the clock and incurring payroll expenses while they were partying (but never, ever saying “Merry Christmas”). Think about it. The luncheon was two hours long. People only get 1 hour of lunch break in a work day. That means people who attended this party had one hour of lunch break plus one hour when they were on the clock but away from their desks eating, partying, and shaking their butts in Ugly Sweaters for their co-workers (or subordinates’) amusement.
The minimum wage in Chicago currently is $10.00/hour. 300 public employees multiplied by $10 = $3,000. And that’s working off the assumption that all 300 of these people make no more than $10 an hour (which is unlikely, considering how well government positions in the suburbs pay).
So, over $2,000 for the food for this pigfest…and then $3,000 more in payroll costs for the 300 public employees who were on the clock but not at their desks during that second hour of the party after their lunch hours ended = at least $5,000 in taxpayer funds that were spent because of this “holiday party.”
Why You Should Care
In my opinion, if nobody can celebrate Christmas anymore because everyone lives in abject terror of upsetting Muslims then I think these vestigial public employee “holiday parties” need to come to an end. What is the purpose of these events if all the Christmas spirit is yanked out of them?
What they count on is good and decent people feeling bad and not wanting to “take away their Christmas party.” But, this event is decidedly and emphatically NOT a Christmas party. They make a big, colossal point of it NOT being a Christmas party. Therefore, no one should feel bad about “taking” this away from them. These people are hypocrites if they think they can make a big production of forbidding “Merry Christmas” but still insist we view this event with the emotional attachment we would ascribe to a real Christmas party from before the Days of Political Correctness. They count on the public not wanting to be seen as grinches and take this annual event away from them…but in my opinion when it comes to political correctness run amuck, it’s better to be a grinch than a chump.
They remove the “Merry Christmas” and deck the banquet hall with “holiday decorations” instead, but they want to still be able to eat their body weights in champagne and marsala wine chicken and gorge themselves senseless on Italian beef until they burst. Why should the public have to pay for that when this is NOT a Christmas party? What public benefit comes from wasting $5,000 in taxpayer money on these idiots? Surely this event does not cause these public employees to treat the public any better. I see no evidence of any gratitude at all ever been shown to the public for any of the endless perks, treats, and treasured showered on public sector workers using taxpayer funds.
Right now, unemployment is at its highest level in generations. Everyone working for the Village of Orland Park has a pretty nice life with steady paychecks and — let’s be honest — work that is not really all that difficult or strenuous. Take a look at these marshmallows and tell me if you think they have rough lives, like they are working in coal mines or something. If they don’t want to say Merry Christmas, then I don’t think they need to have an annual “Don’t You Dare Say Merry Christmas” party.
Why do they deserve a big $5,000 luncheon in December when they probably make more money each year and work cushier jobs than many of the people whose taxes pay their salaries? It’s unheard of in Chicago for employees in the private sector to have Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day off as paid holidays. Private sector employees only get Christmas Day and New Year’s Day off. Almost all businesses in Chicago are open on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and people are expected to work those days.
I think these public sector employees need to start suffering a consequence for their insufferable political correctness and slavish devotion to Islam. If they are so hellbent on eliminating Christmas and making this a truly secular nation with no Christmas traditions…then it’s time to stop holding “holiday parties” at the end of December. They can have their own parties at home on all of the holidays they have off with pay.
They should buy their own food, cook their own champagne shallot butter sauce chicken, slice their own 45-pounds of Italian beef and call it whatever they want to call it, wearing whatever ugly things they want to wear that day.
But, it’s high time that these public employees shared in the suffering that political correctness has caused our country. Until “Merry Christmas” is reintroduced, it’s time to put the kibosh on this “holiday party” hypocritical foolishness.
Here’s an interesting question for you today: what do you think is next for the Gaystapo now that SCOTUS has redefined the word “marriage”?
Remember that pushing “Marriage Equality” has been very big (and lucrative) business for a lot of professional “gay activists” for a long time. It’s been a thriving cottage industry for the last 10 years (or more). Now starts the first week post SCOTUS ruling…and when the euphoria of the pride parades and the taunts at Christians for “winning” have grown tiresome, the people who’ve been employed for the last decade as professional “marriage equality” activists are going to need a new cause.
These people don’t just fold up shop and disappear or get “real jobs”. Instead, they pivot to a new “cause”…much like the staff of one political campaign pivots to a new candidate of for the next election. And, much like a political campaign staff, these professional “gay activists” tend to stick to the same sort of issue and the same sort of push (which is similar to the campaign staffers finding another candidate very much like the candidate they used to (until very recently) work for).
I am very curious where all the Gaystapo agents are going to go now that SCOTUS declared gay marriage to be a thing coast to coast. I see two ready options today:
* Continue the push to redefine marriage even further…to include threesome, foursomes, or any other number of people besides two
— OR —
* Invent a new gay-themed cause that doesn’t have anything to do with marriage, but is instead the new “cause” that can be used to rile gay people up and keep them voting Democrat now that “Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell” and “Gay Marriage” are over as fundraising tools and pot-stirrers
Maybe you know the answer to this, but I’ve never seen it published anywhere.
I’m very interested in nailing down when, exactly, the Left maneuvered into place to set the stage for their (presumed) conquest of America. I’m looking for the Before & After line: a year (or even down to the month if that’s possible) where nothing was ever the same again.
Recently, I’ve started researching the “Rural Purge” at CBS. This was part of the pop culture shift away from programming that highlighted classic American values to the “urban, gritty, cynical” shows that have become the norm today. There’s a “Before & After” moment in 1971 where the CBS executives decided to cancel all the shows like Green Acres, The Andy Griffith Show spin-off MayBerry RFD, Petticoat Junction, Hee Haw, etc. that had a rural flare…and move into shows that were darker and had “bite”.
This was supposedly to appeal to a younger demographic at the time; those “younger” people back in 1971 are today’s Baby Boomers.
So…these changes brought about by the “rural purge” were catered to the Baby Boomers. That fits with the generational dynamics theory that the Boomers are responsible for all of the upheaval and detriment to our country. The children of the Greatest Generation grew up to reject everything they associated with their parents, and that included patriotism, love of country, and classic American values. The Boomers wanted to be the opposite of their parents.
Now, as the Boomers reach the end of their lives I feel like they want to watch the world burn. Are they so narcissistic that they don’t want America to exist after them? Do these people want to see America destroyed so that they will be the Last Generation?
In a comment on another thread, someone suggested Watergate was a big turning point in the Left’s rise to power. That was their first taste at true icon toppling, and they liked the taste of that blood. The media, especially, enjoyed bringing down a president.
It’s complicated because the Left was shut back up into the attic after Carter’s defeat…and the Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and Bush II years kept the Left locked away. They roared back with a demented vengeance in 2008, though…and for the next two years America will be assaulted with every deranged Leftist fantasy imagined (while they still have the chance). The 2016 election will be interesting because the Left will not willingly be locked up in the attic again. I don’t believe the Left will allow Hillary Clinton to be the Democrats’ nominee (as she would do what her husband did in 1992, and lock the Left away again). I also fear Democrats will successfully install Jeb Bush as the Republican nominee…setting the stage for another GOP loss (or hedging the bet that if elected Bush III would really be no different as president than Hillary Clinton would have been, if she’d been allowed to be the Democrats’ nominee).
My working theory is that something happened around 1970 or so that created the mindset of the Left and put them in position to take over the country. Then, other factors locked the Left away for 30-some years. The events of 9/11 caused a psychotic break for the country and then the Left was able to capitalize on the Iraq War as an echo of Vietnam…and that brought the picture back full circle to the 1970s in terms of the Left’s momentum.
If that’s true, then the key to defeating the Left and locking it away again should be found in looking back at the early 1980s and the things that Ronald Reagan did. How did he restore America’s patriotism? How did he defeat the Soviets? How were Americans motivated back then for the cause?
Dealing with the Left is really like reading a book or watching a scary movie about an ancient evil that gets unleashed every now and again from some object (like an occult mirror or a black cauldron or a magical ring) and it falls upon a generation to defeat this horror and lock it away again. We’re that generation. The evil is loose.
Now we just have to figure out how to lock it away again.
Back in 2008, following Obama’s less than compelling reaction on the campaign trail to Russia invading neighboring Georgia, Sarah Palin remarked that Ukraine could be next. The left attacked her, mocked her, called her comments “strange” and “far-fetched”.
Today, the scenario is very real. Russia’s puppet parliament just voted unanimously to approve military action against Ukraine. This after paramilitary forces, likely of Russian origin and backing, have already seized government buildings and airports within the Crimean region of Ukraine.
Which means, all those fawning, sycophantic, Obama-protecting liberals… all those self-righteous, self-described “experts” on foreign policy… all those talking heads on the television were WRONG.
Sarah Palin was right, folks.
I wonder which of those supposed experts has the guts to admit it.
If the NAACP was ever actually an organization dedicated to the advancement of colored people, I am certainly too young to remember. Throughout my adult life it seems the NAACP is nothing more than a mouthpiece for the liberal/progressive political wing. If “colored people” happen to align with their politics, great. But anything not part of the official Democrat platform is ignored or outright opposed.
A great example of this last is the NAACP opposition to school choice laws, which have been shown as fairly successful for black children in many communities. You would think an organization supposedly dedicated to helping advance black people would actually want to help advance black children, but since Democrats oppose school choice, you would be wrong to assume so.
In the latest bit of whacky weirdness, the NAACP organized a march to protest voter ID laws. Prior to the march, they distributed a flyer with DOs and DON’Ts. One of the DOs? “Bring photo identification and keep it on you at all times”
In my present state of mind, I am beyond the point of feeling angry about this. The hypocrisy among political power players is so rampant, so obvious, so egregious that I just can’t help but laugh.
Maybe I am laughing the laugh of the damned.
The following is a conversation with a welfare mother who called in to a radio show. If you haven’t heard it, you must listen. The woman describes how she can smoke marijuana, sit around doing nothing all day, and the checks come every month. Words cannot adequately describe, you must hear it for yourself.
UPDATE: A reader discovered a source saying this was false. Not exactly a hoax, but apparently the woman called back again and said she had been on welfare, but was off it, and was incensed others didn’t do the same. Also that she invented the original story to raise awareness. Now I am left wondering if the retraction is true, or merely the result of worrying that some government official would come after her now that she embarrassed the system. A person who has been on welfare and successfully gotten off it could surely come up with better ways to raise awareness for the PROS and CONS of welfare than by concocting a story which only highlights the CONS of the system.
If any body else finds more to this story, let me know.
Video after the jump because it auto-plays.
A week or so ago, President Obama made headlines by declaring he’s “got a pen” and “got a telephone” and calling 2014 a year of action! My first thought was, “Gee, Batman must be jealous of your high tech gadgets Mr. President.” My second thought was that Obama was actually threatening to bypass the Constitutional role of Congress by acting unilaterally wherever possible.
In case there was any doubt about the President’s commitment to Executive action, the White House has doubled down on its promise to circumvent Congress.
One of the many interesting sub-plots of the 2014 election year is the possibility that Congress may welcome its first openly gay Republican.
Dan Innis is running for a House seat in New Hampshire. He is a businessman, entrepreneur, Dean of the Whittemore School of Business and Economics, and is married to a man. It was his husband who convinced him to run, saying “You’ve got to do this” to see if Innis could “make a difference.”
Richard Tisei is running again for a House seat in Massachusetts. He lost by just 1 point in the general election to John Tierney, and will face him again this time around. He has already served as a state senator. He is also married to a man.
Carl DeMaio is running for a House seat in California. He is a businessman who provided training and consulting specifically to financially-troubled government entities to help them become more efficient. He has also served as a city councilman for San Diego. At the time of writing this I do not know if DeMaio is married to his partner, but it is my understanding they have been together for six years.
None of these men are making their sexuality part of their campaign. It will be interesting to see what the liberals do, should these men make it through the GOP primaries. Kevin has often pointed out that liberals reveal their ultimate hypocrisy when faced with an opponent who would traditionally be a liberal. As a living example, DeMaio and his partner were booed while walking in the Gay Pride parade, because DeMaio is a Republican and was running for Mayor.
As President Obama rolls out his poorly-named “Promise Zones” (sounds like something a male adolescent would come up with to name a body part), progressives around the nation are simultaneously pushing for higher minimum wage — places like New York, Detroit, and SeaTac have recently had protests and/or legislation passed over higher minimum wage, just to name a few. And the U.S. Senate has mentioned a “$10-ish” federal minimum wage. By the way, it’s not just progressive liberals pushing for it — in Washington state, a self-described Republican is pushing for $15/hour minimum wage. The article calls him a “conservative”, but we all recognize his progressive ideology.
“Income inequality” is shaping up to be the big 2014 liberal campaign platform. The progressives want to re-frame the debate as a humanitarian rather than an economic one. Democrats hope they can ride this horse to victory, and probably even keep riding it through 2016. Never mind the fact that they are essentially admitting to buying votes.
In any free market system, the cost of labor is an input which impacts the final price of goods sold and services rendered. By artificially inflating minimum wage, Democrats promise us a better life for those at the bottom of the wage scale, but the tradeoff a higher cost to produce goods and services. This increase in cost will work its way into the economy in one of three main ways:
- Higher prices for consumers to obtain a good or service (essentially a hidden tax on consumption)
- Less innovation and production and employment growth, due to more business resources being allocated to existing labor
- Lost jobs due to companies moving production overseas, or in the case of business that can’t move overseas, more automation or just plain lower quality of service
Additionally, when minimum wage goes up, it tends to drive all wages up across the board. This exacerbates the above outcomes across the entire economy.
When fast-food workers in 100+ cities went on strike a few weeks ago, they probably never thought their jobs were replaceable. After all, how do you make food without humans? May I present to you, the robot that makes nearly 400 burgers an hour:
How the Left Uses Gays to Dismantle, Undermine, and Toxify the Catholic Church…the Gaystapo in Action in Chicago!
John Nolte at Breitbart.com just published a hard-hitting piece that’s worth your very valuable time…exposing Barack Obama’s commitment to the institutional Left’s Alinskyite objective of “dismantling, undermining, and toxifying the Catholic Church”; this article’s one of those that I’ll probably quote from for years to come, because I’ve never seen this articulated so succinctly before. Dismantle. Undermine. Toxify. That is precisely what Leftists have been attempting in their decades-long war against the Catholic Church. Kudos to Nolte for precisely encapsulating so much evil into three small words…which I hope you’ll join me in making everyday vocabulary from this point forward.
What John Nolte probably doesn’t know firsthand, though, is that the Left’s weapon of choice against Catholics is normally gays…who serve as a Gaystapo goon squad that is revved up into frenzies of hatred against Christians in general (but Catholics quite specifically). If you observe the institutional Left’s strategic moves long enough, you’ll see it’s almost always gays who are bused in to block the entrances to cathedrals or churches and scream expletives at parishioners heading into mass; this is, of course, the toxification aspect of the Leftists’ agenda…since they are attempting to make going to Catholic mass so unpleasant an experience for believers that they’ll potentially start staying home, just to avoid being screamed at by obnoxious gays out on the street (most of whom, in the video above at least, are actually members of the Chicago Teachers’ Union…more on that later).
The Left uses the Gaystapo against the Church (with gays screaming “Bigots!”) in much the same way that Democrats trot blacks (led, of course, by the likes of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Henry Gates) in front of cameras to accuse conservative businesses, Republican politicians, or any of the Democrats’ other perceived “enemies” of being “Ray Ciss”. This is stage crafting coordinated by the DNC, with gays and blacks serving as useful idiots and foot solders for the institutional Left.
It doesn’t matter to the State Media that the particular gays holding astoturfed signs or the blacks being paid $50 to walk a picket line often have no idea what specifically they are protesting (and, as in the video above, can’t really identify what exactly makes someone a “bigot” or a “Ray Ciss”)…just so long as the “news” can run clips of them angrily denouncing enemies of the Democrat Party as “bigots” or “Ray Ciss”. It’s almost as if the Left has a giant vending machine somewhere that dispenses these useful idiots in prepackaged cartons, in whatever flavor Democrats need that particular day to target a specific area of Christianity or conservatism for attack. This is such a well-oiled machine that Leftists no doubt have a color-coded chart to determine which particular subset of the Democrat Party can be most aggressively used to inflict the most damage to Christians and conservatives on any particular issue. It’s like knowing you just need to type in A5 to get your nacho cheese Doritos or plug in B7 for some Cheetos (while simultaneously sinking Republicans’ mixed-metaphoric “Battleship”).
You’re probably much more familiar with black people being used by the Left in antics conducted by “The Justice Brothers” of Jackson, Sharpton, and Gates (as parodied by satirist Paul Shanklin above)…but you need to start paying attention to the similar activities of obnoxious gays who are consistently manipulated as unthinking props by the “gay community” leaders who serve the institutional Left as what I’ve dubbed “The Gaystapo”; this is happening every day all around you…and you need to start speaking out against it.
Because if you do, then Democrats would no longer be able to use any of these people as weaponized props against Christians and conservatives and the institutional Left would be dealt a very severe strategic blow…WITH YOUR COMMITTED HELP.
[ Click above to embiggen: two men who spread virulent hatred against Christians….one in Chicago and one in Tehran ]
A classic example of the deployment of a weaponized Gaystapo brigade manifested itself just this week here in Chicago — on Sunday June 16th, 2013 — when a throng of self-proclaimed gays operating under the banners of “Equality Illinois” assailed the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel church on Belmont Avenue between Halsted and Broadway in Boystown (see “Hateful Gays Attack Catholic Church in Chicago” video at the top of this page…but be cautioned about foul language, loud screaming, and general obnoxiousness).
Equality Illinois is a political action group founded and funded by Art Johnston, the owner of Sidetrack the Video Bar in Boystown; though Johnston often introduces himself as “Chicago’s Harvey Milk”, I instead refer to him as “The Ayatoldja Johnston” because in Chicago he serves a function for “activist gays” and the institutional Left that the Ayatollah Khomeini similarly served for jihadists and Islam in Iran: he’s the one who makes the speeches to identify and denounce the “enemies of the gay community” and the Left in Illinois and then compels the equivalent of jihad against them. If “The Ayatoldja Johnston” pushes a fatwa against you from his perch at Sidetrack the Video Bar and marks you as an “enemy”, expect to have every gullible gay in the tri-state area harassing and menacing you lickety-split…in much the way that the Ayatollah Khomeini used to sic deranged Muslims on the worldwide “enemies of Islam” from his mosque in Tehran.
If you are familiar with the Alinsky Rules for Radicals you’ll already know that the institutional Left employs much of the same sort of tactics that the “Religion of Peace” that is Islam utilizes…and that both groups are very enemy-directed and destruction-focused. No wonder the Left attacks Christians relentlessly but never addresses the beheading, maiming, imprisonments, torture, forced gender-reassignment, general brutality or other evils that Muslims inflict upon gays in any country where Islam is dominant; Leftists clearly view Muslims as fellow travelers in the “enemy of my enemy is my ally” sense. Little do these idiots know, however, that should the institutional Left succeed in destroying the Catholic Church on a global scale that Islam will no doubt rise up to fill the void…and at that future date Muslims will turn on the useful idiots in the Left and execute them. The gays, to no one’s surprise, will be the first ones that Muslims kill.
Leftists don’t think that far ahead though…or, more accurately, they don’t seem to think that much at all. As the video I shot in Chicago last Sunday establishes.
When I brought this footage home and showed it to my boyfriend Justin, he watched exactly 47 seconds of it before he covered his ears and told me he couldn’t take anymore; the screaming, yelling, cursing, honking, and general obnoxiousness was too overwhelming for him. Justin’s a nice young guy from rural Arkansas who still asks me “why are these people doing this to our country?” whenever he witnesses the “activists” of the Left in action. For those of you who feel similarly to Justin and can’t make it through the full 8 minutes of footage I taped, here’s a rough breakdown of what the Gaystapo was up to in front of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel this Sunday:
* The video begins with a woman who self-identified to me as “a loud and proud bull dyke and rug muncher!” (that is a direct quote) answering my questions to her about what the “protest” was about (that’s me you hear off-camera talking to these lunatics); she’s wearing a tee shirt that’s clearly emblazoned with the Equality Illinois (EI) logo, much like the shirts worn by other attendees of this scream-a-thon. Look closely in the video and you’ll see that most of the signs also carry either the Equality Illinois logo or some reference to this group…as Equality Illinois is who directly organized the attendees (with help from the Chicago Teachers’ Union). The woman refused to give me her name, so I’ll call her “Equality Illinois Woman” in the below.
* I asked Equality Illinois Woman about the sign she was holding, which read “ARCHBIGOT of Chicago not welcome”; it turns out this mob was dispatched by the Ayatoldja Johnston’s Equality Illinois PAC to purposefully disrupt a mass being led by the Archbishop at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel for its gay Catholics group, AGLO (Archdiocese Gay Lesbian Outreach). The Ayatoldja Johnston seems to have decided that depressing turnout for this mass was important, so Equality Illinois Woman and her cohorts were there to bully and heckle any gay Catholics who were heading into Mt. Carmel to celebrate mass (more on this later).
* Labeling someone a “bigot” is a tried and true tactic of the Gaystapo, empowered by Alinksy Rule for Radicals #13: Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. Start paying attention to whenever gays anywhere call someone a bigot; it’s always a supremely astroturfed effort. The Ayatoldja Johnston did this to Illinois gubernatorial candidate Bill Brady back in the year 2010…and even went so far as to plaster the entire front of his bar Sidetrack on Halsted with bizarre signs screaming BIGOT! BIGOT! BIGOT! at Brady (in much the way that the screamers in the video shout BIGOT here in 2013). No explanation was ever given by Ayatoldja Johnston regarding what exactly made Brady a “bigot”…but according to Johnston he just was. That eerily reminds me of the Ayatollah Khomeini declaring Salman Rushdie a heretic and demanding his beheading in a fatwa; at least the only thing the Ayatoldja Johnston demanded gays in Boystown to do to Brady was to ensure he did not win the gubernatorial election.
* When I pressed Equality Illinois Woman for some specifics on what made “the Archbishop” a bigot, she said that he “takes money from parishioners to lobby against the civil rights of gay people”. I find this highly ironic, because by this definition Equality Illinois Woman has named Art Johnston himself as a bigot…because he takes money from Sidetrack bar patrons, funnels that into Equality Illinois, and uses that organization to lobby against the rights of Christians (including funding this scream-a-thon in front of Mt. Carmel that was intended to disrupt its AGLO mass last Sunday). This is a good reminder to all of you to heed Alinsky Rule #4…which is to “make the enemy live up to its own rules”.
* Equality Illinois Woman got very upset with me when I asked her what exactly the money from the Church was being used to do, and she rambled about it being used to “meddle in politics”. But, isn’t that what the Ayatoldja Johnston does with Sidetrack’s money via Equality Illinois? She got right up in my grill and said that the Archbishop doesn’t “know the difference between Church and state and can’t separate Church and state”…and that’s where I think it’s time to take a reality check and think about the fact that Democrats control the entire state of Illinois. Which is not Alabama, or Mississippi, or Georgia, or Arkansas, or even Missouri…where religious leaders have a lot of clout. I actually can’t think of any state where the Catholic Church is powerful enough to really affect politics in the year 2013, since the sex-abuse scandals of the 1980s really constrained whatever public influence church officials once had in America. Just think back to the last election and the various Bishops and Cardinals who warned Catholic voters about the dangers of Obamacare and its forcing the Church to violate its doctrine by funding contraception via health plans…and not all that many voting Catholics paid much attention to that at all when they cast their ballots. If any religious leaders in this country have any real political power today it is the evangelical ones…who can assuredly make or break a Republican’s national political career (see: Mitt Romney). Nobody in politics really pays that much attention to Catholics…except the Gaystapo that always attacks them. Which makes me wonder how much the Left had to do with the sex scandals of the 1980s and whether Leftist long-term infiltration of the Church set the stage for all of that…just so the institutional Left could weaken the Church from within in what Nolte called the effort to “dismantle, undermine, and toxify” it. We’ll have to revisit this another day because I think we might be onto something.
* At the 39 second mark, Equality Illinois Woman has walked away from me and has essentially stopped answering my questions. A very odd man pipes up who for some reason reminds me of a Muppet (so that’s what I’ll call him). He says that the Church is there to block gay people’s rights, so I ask him how exactly it does that in a Democrat-controlled state like Illinois where the Catholic Church has little to no power.
* Equality Illinois Woman then starts screaming at me about Prop 8 in California and doesn’t like it when I remind her that blacks in the Golden State who voted for Barack Obama in 2008 (to usher in The Golden Age of Hope and Change) also voted for Prop 8. One of the apocryphal tall tales that gays enjoy telling is that California is actually controlled by super-powerful Mormons in Utah who forced the passage of Prop 8 (which canceled out “gay marriage” in Sacramento). This is the height of absurdity because if Mormons were really that powerful then why didn’t they simultaneously carry the state of California for John McCain in the electoral college? The State Media will never admit this, but the reason that Barack Obama won the state of California’s electoral votes while Prop 8 passed in 2008 is because Obama’s black voters also gleefully pulled the lever to discriminate against gay people. And they loved every minute of it. I actually don’t know what blacks in that state were more thrilled about: electing a black man president or sticking it to gays with a ballot-measure F-U in CA.
* Equality Illinois Woman insists at the 52-second mark that the Archbishop was in fact behind Prop 8 (so it wasn’t the Mormons?) and that he was also behind the effort to block “gay marriage’ in Illinois. I assume she also believes he was behind the Kennedy Assassination, the removal of Twinkies from the marketplace, and the rigging of the Dancing with the Stars Voting in 2010 (no, wait, that was me!). For those who don’t know, Democrat Speaker of the Illinois House Mike Madigan decided not to allow gay marriage in the state of Illinois because if he had done this right now Illinois would be the 13th state to recognize “gay marriage” and Madigan is superstitious and didn’t want to be the “unlucky #13″ state. He wants Illinois to be the 14th state to legalize “gay marriage” because 14 is one of his lucky numbers (I think it’s a grandchild or niece or nephew’s birthday or something). This is honest to goodness the reason why “gay marriage” did not pass in a fully Democrat-controlled state legislature…just because Democrats here did not want it to pass this year. Fundraising off “gay marriage” is a HUGE FINANCIAL BOON for Democrats…and they need that money for 2014. What the State Media and the useful idiots at Equality Illinois won’t tell you is that Democrats purposefully tabled “gay marriage” in 2013 because they wanted at least one more year of fundraising in the “gay community” to fill their campaign coffers for 2014. If Madigan had allowed this to pass in ’13 it would have been unlucky for Democrats in the fundraising racket…so it’s better for the Left’s nationwide prospects in ’14 to keep gays riled up about “gay marriage”. Do you see how that works? Maybe “14” isn’t a family birthday number for Mike Madigan after all…but is just another part of the Left’s longterm election strategies.
* Around the 107-minute mark Equality Illinois Woman and Muppet insist the Church controls the state of Illinois, which is just an outright lie. Have you been to this state? Clearly the Church would do a better job of running it than Democrats…and maybe black children in public schools here would be able to read by the age of 15 and AIDS and meningitis wouldn’t be making roaring comebacks in the City of Chicago. Idiots.
* Something really interesting happened at about the 114-minute mark. If you blink, you’ll miss it…but there is a man in a dark shirt with nasty dark hair and a goatee who started coming towards me to knock my camera out of my hand and assault me. You’ll hear Equality Illinois Woman pull him to the side and say “Did I say you could do that to him?”, which was my first indication that this woman was the assigned “leader” of the protest. You need to understand that this is how astroturfing works on the Left…there is always a contact person/leader of the event and then people like Muppet and Nasty Hair Thug are recruited by various organizations like Equality Illinois or the Teachers’ Union. When they arrive on-site, they are told that someone like Equality Illinois Woman is in charge. Usually they meet around the corner from wherever the actual scream-a-thon will be taking place and the contact person/leader establishes the rules and priorities of the event. One of the rules is that they can’t do anything that looks violent while being filmed…and they can’t say things on camera that people like James O’Keefe and Andrew Breitbart have been expert in the past at catching on tape. If Equality Illinois Woman had not been there to stop him, I’m pretty sure Nasty Hair Thug would have knocked the camera out of my hand or grabbed it…which would have been very unfortunate for him because police were standing by and I would have insisted he be arrested for assault and theft for doing so.
* At 121-minutes, Muppet can’t identify which representatives in the Illinois state legislature said they were being pressured by Catholics not to allow “gay marriage” in this fully Democrat-controlled state. He said he needed to go back home and look at some list he had of all these people. But, he didn’t bring this list to the event he was attending where he’d be screaming and yelling about these people? Doesn’t make much sense.
* At 144-minutes, Muppet asks me what I’m doing there and I truthfully told him I was just walking down the street and saw all the commotion. This is amusing to me because I almost never go down Belmont between Broadway and Halsted because the only thing that’s really on that stretch of Belmont is Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and that’s not the church I attend. It was a one-in-a-million chance that I of all people would be walking down this street right when this scream-a-thon was happening…and for once I actually had my camera with me and it still had battery life in it. I happened to be out that day taking photos of apartment buildings for a friend looking for a new place and if not for that I’d have never encountered these lunatics or gotten this on film. The Holy Spirit must have been directing me or something.
* I love that he says at 153-minutes something about “if you are a gay man”. That’s funny to me because I think there’s no way on Earth I could ever hide that I’m gay and don’t think I’m remotely passable as straight. I think my voice gives me away, totally.
* At 209-minutes, Muppet says that Democrats don’t control the state of Illinois with Speaker Mike Madigan. Clearly, Muppet is visiting us from BizarroWorld.
* At 220-minutes, Muppet insists these people he doesn’t know the names of are all afraid of “reapercushions” (I think he means repercussions, but maybe these are some sort of sofa paddings the Angel of Death carries around on which to rest his sickle). Once again, I don’t know why any Democrat would be afraid of any religious group because the way this state is gerrymandered there are no Democrats anywhere in Illinois, even far down south, who are ever in danger of losing their seats because of the influence of Catholics. That’s just crazy talk on Muppet’s part.
* At 242-minutes, I attempted to get good shots of as many of the faces of the people protesting as possible because I’d like to identify them all by name (and see how many of them work for the Chicago Public School system). If you read Nolte’s article, he makes it clear that the Left is targeting Catholic Schools for destruction because they are an impediment to the complete takeover of children’s education in this country (via the Frankfurt Plan). I always spot members of both the Teachers’ Union and the SEIU at any astroturfed protest in Chicago and endeavor to identify which teachers specifically are moonlighting in the Gaystapo. If these taxpayer-paid public employees are doing things like this on their off time…I think parents need to wonder what they are doing in the classrooms.
* Notice how the majority of these people scurry from the cameras, attempt to obscure their faces with signs, turn their heads away, etc. If they were proud of what they were doing and really believed in the things they were screaming then why are they so afraid to be photographed doing all of it? I can tell you, whenever I am at some event speaking in public I don’t care who films me because I am in a public place, engaged in a political activity for a cause I believe in, and I never, ever say or write anything that I do not believe 100% to be true and will forever standby. Leftists on the other hand always seem ashamed to be on film, like at heart they just know what they are doing is wrong and wilt when a camera is pointed at them. Why is that?
* 254-minutes…the two guys hiding their faces are both public school teachers but I don’t know their names. I recognize them because they were both wearing Chicago Public Schools red tee shirts in the bar Downtown on State Street earlier this year during the whole mess with the teachers’ strike. I remember the bald guy because he looks like Buster from Arrested Development. If you know the names of either of these guys (or anyone else in the video) please email or post in comments because I’d love to find out what schools they teach in and see if parents of their students know what they get up to on the weekends with Equality Illinois and its political agenda.
* At the 304-minute mark I see someone has a video camera on a tripod…and the camera is pointed at the church steps. Equality Illinois is very clearly trying to capture every gay man heading into the AGLO event on film…so that the Ayatoldja Johnston and the rest of Equality Illinois can identify these guys and deal with them in some way. Remember that this event was setup up right before the AGLO mass being celebrated by the Archbishop…so the camera was positioned from a vantage point to capture the faces of the attendees heading to the event. The camera is not pointed at the protestors, so it’s not being used to record the activities of the Equality Illinois and Teachers’ Union members. It is filming who is going to services for AGLO so that the Ayatoldja Johnston can know who these people are…and perhaps order gay jihad on them. Why else point the camera that way when all the action is happening on the sidewalk?
* At 307-minutes, the gay bullies dispatched by Equality Illinois harass a gay Catholic in a yellow shirt who is attempting to enter the church. They’re calling him names and shouting at him for participating in AGLO, but much to his credit he ignores them and keeps his cool…the guy in the yellow shirt says he has “seen two year olds that behave better”…and one of the gay bullies from Equality Illinois screams “yah, you’re wearing yellow and yellow”. I guess because he has on a yellow shirt as well as yellow shoes. That’s called matching. It’s a pretty standard thing to do, especially for gays. Yellow Shirt guy tells the Equality Illinois thugs that they act like idiots. They really don’t know what to do, because they are used to successfully bullying people, so Equality Illinois Woman just starts shouting louder.
* At 335-minutes, a man wearing the Number Five on the back of his shirt starts talking about Anita Bryant (whom Justin thinks is the “black woman who accused Clarence Thomas of putting hairs on a can of Coke” but is actually the former singer and Florida orange juice pitch woman whom Harvey Milk made into his personal nemesis back in the 1970s). Pay attention to Number Five, because I believe he’s also a Chicago public school teacher. I’ve seen him before at Teachers’ Union events, though he might be a professional protest-attendee in the ranks of the astroturfing Left. That means he might not even be gay himself, but is doing this because it’s safe to assume that Equality Illinois paid people to stand in front of this church and harass people attending the AGLO mass. I think he’s a teacher though, based on his mannerisms and the fact that I swear I saw him at the teachers’ strike protests too.
* Notice the Chicago police standing there. Justin actually asked me why the police were not doing anything to stop all this, but I had to explain to him that the cops in Chicago are actually really great guys…and they do an AWESOME job 99.9% of the time here. I love Chicago cops. They aren’t allowed to stop a protest like this or to interfere in it…but they were there to keep the sidewalk clear and actually protect people heading into the Church. So they were doing the right thing. If the Equality Illinois thugs had laid hands on anyone, grabbed my camera, or physically blocked the way into the Church then the cops would have arrested the gay bullies. But these people had a legal right to scream and yell and attempt to disrupt the mass verbally…they just could not physically touch anyone, step onto Church property to scream and yell, or prohibit someone physically from attending mass. They are allowed to videotape people going inside in an attempt to identify them and intimidate them because there is no expectation of privacy walking down a sidewalk and into a church.
* 341-minutes. Just look at how weird these people look. That also makes me believe this was a paid protest and that people answered an ad on Craigslist or something to attend this. There are such oddballs in this group from Equality Illinois; some look homeless, others appear to be mental patients. I doubt they all are fully aware of where they even are let alone why they are screaming at a church. One guy looks like Quasimodo and might think this is a staging of Hunchback. This is really typical for turnout at a Leftist paid event.
* 420-minutes. You can see a guy running past the lunatics to get into the church. It’s pretty sick that this is allowed to happen, as Justin said. Can you imagine if the tables were turned and gays had to run to get inside of a gay bar? I wonder what the Ayatoldja Johnston would say if Christian groups picketed and screamed “BIGOT!” in front of his bar Sidetrack on Halsted and forced his customers to run as they were entering the building, afraid of being filmed going in? I bet the State Media would be all over that, wouldn’t they?
* This all goes on for a while longer and the honking and screaming of BIGOT! give me quite a headache. I cut it off at 8 minutes just because it was more of the same thing over and over again and the police were keeping anything major from happening. But the protest itself went on for quite a while with lots of screaming and yelling intended to disrupt the mass being held inside. You’ll notice that everyone screams louder when the doors of the church are opened…because they are trying to get their voices to carry inside. I think they also are doing a psy-ops trick here, because they are trying to seem more numerous than they really are. As in, if they scream loudly when the doors are open the people inside will think there are hundreds of Equality Illinois thugs out there…instead of just a handful of paid lunatics.
What’s actually fascinating about all of this is that I never knew about this AGLO organization before and hadn’t heard that Our Lady of Mt. Carmel had some kind of a gay outreach program. The only way I would have ever found out about this was if I had walked by a protest like the one on Sunday that called AGLO to my attention. I’m now considering going to mass at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and joining this AGLO group…and the Church will have Equality Illinois and the Teachers’ Union to thank for that new addition to their membership ranks!
I’m sure the Ayatoldja Art Johnston will just love that.
As I was walking away, Equality Illinois Woman said something I wish I could have gotten on tape because I enjoyed the visuals of it so much. She said, “THEY always send one of them out to try to discredit us like that”, while pointing at me. As if people who were never credited in the first place need me to discredit them.
I wonder who’s the “THEY” that she referred to in that and what “one of them” meant to her. Since Sunday, I’ve been enjoying coming up with ideas on that with Justin, imaging all sorts of variations on the theme of “THEY” and “THEM”.
Was “THEY” the Vatican itself, as if the Holy See dispatches me on these missions around the world in service of the Church? I pictured a tall, dark, and chastely-handsome colorfully-attired Swiss Guard popping up to my doorstep carrying a parchment scroll sealed in blood red wax and tied up in golden string with an urgent mission directive straight from the ring of Pope Francis in Rome…directing me to Belmont and Halsted to film lunatics screaming at Our Lady of Mt. Carmel on a random Sunday in Chicago.
Perhaps, instead of a Michelangelo-clad hottie the Vatican would just materialize a cherub in the vicinity of my desk who’d deposit my marching orders on finely-calligraphied vellum…like those owls that flew around Hogwarts passing all of those notes (but leaving just glitter behind instead of the horrors I imagine mice-ingesting owls depositing from their behinds as they took flight around the magical school). If black smoke over the Vatican means no pope has been selected by a conclave and white smoke heralds a new pontiff…does raspberry or peacock smoke indicate successful transmission of a message from the Holy See to a conservative homosexual in Chicago? The possibilities are endless.
Of course, I wondered if Equality Illinois Woman instead meant “THEY” in the Republican sense…like Governor Sarah Palin, Congressman Allen West, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Senator Ted Cruz, or others in the GOP ranks that I like and admire sent me out to videotape on Sunday? How awesome would that be? (Answer: it would be hella awesome, hunties). Where do I sign up to be an unpaid page for committed conservative people who are trying to save our country from ruin? I’d love that gig and would hope they keep me very, very busy always.
I very much enjoy being “one of them”, as Equality Illinois Woman referred to me…because I sure as Hades never want to be mistaken for one of the nuts who’d heed the Ayatoldja Johnston’s call for jihad and scream and yell at a church on a Sunday. I’d rather this woman forever call me “one of them”…since “one of us” in her case would mean a wasted and pathetic life wallowing in the institutional Left’s special blend of hypocrisy and hatred.
On an intensely personal note, the more I consider it the more I truly do believe the Holy Spirit drew me down Belmont (a street I rarely walk down) last Sunday (a day I rarely am out and about walking in the neighborhood) for the specific purpose of catching the Gaystapo on tape engaging in this coordinated attack against Catholics; for Nolte at Breitbart to publish his article on the War on Catholics today (while I was working on getting the video footage up on YouTube and this essay written) sends a shiver up my spine because it, too, feels like the Holy Spirit at work compelling my service to the faithful on the ground here in Boystown. There’s a great line in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where Sean Connery, playing a devote Catholic, “suddenly remembers (his) Charlemagne” and says, “Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky”…before employing an umbrella to send seagulls into the air to cripple a Nazi warplane. The Holy Spirit apparently has a long history of commandeering both the ordinary and the oddball for service as needed, no matter how unexpected it would be.
I’m delighted and honored to similarly answer the Spirit’s call whenever and wherever it comes…in service to my Lord, my country, and the American people I adore. I hope as friends you always join me in this and together we endeavor to expose all the bad things the supposed “gay community” does to aide and abet the institutional Left.
QUESTION FOR COMMENTS: Have you ever encountered Leftists like this out and about, screaming and yelling and carrying on the way that they do? Can you tell immediately how artificial and astroturfed these “protests” really are and by watching the video can you see how the rabble present really do appear to be hired hands from Craigslist?
What are some ways that YOU can spread the word that the institutional Left uses gay people as useful idiots and Gaystapo goon squad foot soldiers in the ceaseless War Against Catholics in this country?