[Click above to embiggen: some of the creepy skulls that were displayed at the end during the balloon drop at the finale of the Democrats’ convention.]
NOTE: I wrote live recaps of the convention as it was happening each day, all 8 hours of it per day. You’re welcome. All of those are here for you as a historical (if not hysterical) reference, day by day. The Republican convention notes are there too.
Back in the year 2000 (how weird is it that The Year 2000 is now ancient history?), DC Comics ran a series where Lex Luthor ran for President (and won!). He was a Ross Perot businessman who stuck it out and didn’t leave the race, the way that Perot did in 1992…and Luthor defeated Al Gore and George Bush and moved into a kryptonite-decorated Oval Office. Superman was pissed. I thought the whole thing was so absurd and hilarious. At the time.
This morning, I slept in late and rested up, after having covered every night of both parties’ campaigns for the last two weeks. I don’t remember much of the dream I was having, but near the end of it, I realized that Lex Luthor and the Joker were running for president. But, I didn’t feel any need or urge to stop them. It’s not that I didn’t care anymore, so it wasn’t me saying (or dreaming) “F*** it.” It was more like what happens if I’m walking home from the store and suddenly the clouds open up and it pours rain. There’s nothing to do but endure it, get drenched, and try to keep the groceries dry as much as possible. I can’t travel through time and remember to carry an umbrella. I can’t stop the storm from forming. I just have to get wet and deal with it. This too shall pass.
I am not working for either Lex Luthor or the Joker here in 2016 and I doubt I will ever agree to work for another national political campaign. National politics have gotten to a point so far removed from reality where they feel like something happening in a movie and not in real life. I believe that all of us are now just observers and that the results of national elections may even be predetermined. My focus the last few years has been working on the ground with local issues as a citizen sleuth. I don’t even bother with candidates in races, but instead have been using Freedom of Information Act requests to audit spending and piece together wrongdoing in various local and state public offices. And then I systematically confront the various boards with their wrongdoing, forcing change at that local level. It is slow, methodical, and (my boyfriend Justin says) boring work but I like that in a few months I can see results: the lavish trips that elected officials used to take stop; trustees write checks to reimburse the public for things they stole; bad public employees quit to spend more time with their families and bad board members decide to retire all of a sudden. I get more joy out of this than I ever did covering the national political scene, because I feel that being a local government watchdog actually matters…whereas filing another column about the latest scandal in Washington is just more shouting into a thunderstorm. No matter how good of a shouter I am or how witty my shouting, does it ever matter?
Making greedy pigs who stole taxpayer money from a library give it back matters. Getting crooked cops to admit they were wrong and fork over a settlement matters. Freeing a man who was being starved to death in a medical facility matters. The spectacles that happened in Philadelphia and Cleveland might as well have happened on Mars for all they matter.
My attitude towards this 2016 race is largely to be an observer of history, for this race is historic in so many (dare I say) fabulous ways. It’s the first presidential contest in my lifetime that feels like it is about more than just Democrats and Republicans jockeying for a crown. I feel that the real fight is between the Establishment (which has solidified around Hillary Clinton) and What Comes Next (which is the power behind Trump). I also feel that the Establishment is fighting under a banner of Globalism, where the end game is to destroy American sovereignty and erase our borders as prelude to that Utopia that lunatics truly and deeply believe will follow once the United Nations effectively controls the planet. The Establishment wants to end America as a place and a concept and a unique nation and replace it with some new entity that is the United Nations, but turned into a country (and not just an ugly building in Manhattan). Trump, to me, is the awakening of an Americanist giant and an opportunity for people who love America as a place/concept/nation to stand up and push back against the globalists. If Hillary wins, I think America ends with a whimper…but if Trump wins there’s at least the chance of upending the Establishment’s globalist schemes.
I feel that Hillary Clinton sold her soul to Globalism because she wants to be president so badly…and to be the first female president, in particular. For decades, we’ve been conditioned by the Establishment that a Hillary Clinton presidency is just destiny. It was always “the future” in SciFi shows, and now the future has arrived. Last night, she appeared on stage dressed up all in white to accept the nomination. Rebecca Mansour observed today that wearing white is traditional for a royal coronation. Depending on your generation and its pop culture references, Hillary was either Queen Elizabeth/Queen Victoria, Boss Hogg (from Dukes of Hazard), or President Snow from Hunger Games in her bright white pantsuit (which completed the patriotic tricolor she started by wearing all red one night and then all blue the next night, before appearing in all white during the convention’s finale).
The other day, Breitbart ran an interesting article charting all the times in recent years that some movie or tee-vee show pushed the idea of Hillary being president…and the three that I always remembered were:
* The tee-vee show Sliders in 1994 or 1995, making Hillary president instead of Bill in an episode set in an alternate dimension where women, not men, were in charge.
* Hillary’s face appearing on money in the Eddie Murphy movie The Adventures of Pluto Nash, as she was president at some time in the future before the events of that movie began.
* The aircraft carrier USS Hillary Clinton appearing in the Axis of Time series of SciFi novels, which was a ship named after the 44th President of the United States (Hillary) in that timeline.
In 2008 when the nomination was taken away from her, it felt like a new timeline had been created where Hillary would instead be kept from becoming president. The way that the DNC outsmarted and outplayed the Clintons was masterful in that they found the only kryptonite to keep her from the White House: a charismatic black man who struck the perfect balance between being someone that white people enjoyed listening to and black people enthusiastically supporting because his skin was their same color. He looked black, did what white people in the DNC wanted him to do, and could orate like a black preacher when needed. Obama made blacks cheer and whites swoon. Hillary was outfoxed. It was like someone traveled back from the future with a recipe for the one thing that could have prevented Hillary Clinton from ever being president…and then the DNC followed that recipe.
Everything that has happened since, in these strange and Idiocracy-prone eight years, has felt like a surreal, bad dream. In the Hulu show 11/22/63, based on the Stephen King book of the same name, when a man who traveled from the future came back to stop Oswald from shooting Kennedy, the past didn’t want to be changed and would fight back at him in interesting ways. In our world, our tee-vees, books, and movies told us for years that it was decided by The Powers That Be that Hillary Clinton would be president one day (she’s even president at one point in the Stephen King book!). Every time that Hillary’s been let off the hook for something awful she admitted that she did or the Media runs cover and outright lies for her, it feels like the universe is altering itself in such a way to force the destiny of that Hillary Clinton presidency to come true. History is rewritten and reality is altered in front of our eyes to create a more positive narrative for Hillary.
The reporting on the Democrat Convention this week reads to me like something from an alternate universe. The reporters who write about the Democrat Convention being a success were watching some other convention. It was not the same procession of grievances, victim stories, and shouting angrily in Spanish that I sat through day after day (for 8 hours a day!). Similarly, the reporting done by the Media on the Republican Convention in Cleveland was all wrong as well…because I felt out of the two conventions the only positive and America-focused convention was Trump’s. Hillary’s convention was all about carving people into their identity blocs, then telling them they were victims and that Hillary Clinton would “fight for them” because she is a woman. None of it really made sense to me. Trump’s convention was about stating that Hillary Clinton is repeatedly caught lying (which is true) and that she should never be trusted (since she lies and admits that she lies).
Here are 10 other observations I’m struck with today about the Democrats’ convention in Philadelphia:
Read the rest of this entry »
WHAT: Day Four conclusion of Democrat Convention in Philadelphia, 7/28/16
WHEN: Starts at 330pm CST 7/28/16
WHERE: Watching live stream at CSPAN and/or YouTube
WHY: Because we are friends like this, I will watch all of this coverage for you and give you my thoughts here in real time. For hours and hours! Please note that I’m not going back to fix spelling mistakes or anything. This is my impressions in the moment, as it goes, while it’s all airing live. It’s a moment in time as I saw it in that time. Doing this takes a lot of me, and I will be at it for 8 hours again tonight with no breaks. So if there’s a typo, please overlook it!
1. If you missed the other days of coverage and the notes from the Republican convention, I have them all here for you.
2. I wrote some candid thoughts on how weird this is all is for me, which you can read here. I’ll touch on these things more throughout the evening too.
3. If you like the writing here on this site and find the recaps amusing, please check out the book I wrote with Megan Fox: SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It’s not just about some library. It’s a lot of funny political stories…as well as reading like a mystery/thriller telling the story of how Megan and I beat corrupt local officials like a rented mule. We beat them over and over and over again. We beat them in court, we beat them in the press, we beat them in public meetings. They threw everything they had us and even used the damn police against us and we beat them over and over and over again and force them to settle with us and admit they were wrong. It took three years of my life to achieve this. No one had ever beaten local government like this before. I’m very proud of the book and would appreciate it if you would read it and let us know what you think. Honest reviews of what you think posted to Amazon would be a blessing. If you would like to catch up on what I have been working on (as well as the biggest adventure of my life), please read the book!
4. Marsha Fudge is in the house, yo! She did a really good job this week organizing things from what I could see. This woman took the place of my beloved Stephanie Tubbs Jones in Cleveland, after Congresswoman Tubbs Jones passed away in July 2008 (mysteriously, from a brain aneurysm, after she had been threatened for months by Obama supporters for being a Hillary supporter when the Obama campaign was pressuring black people not to support Hillary). I really believe that her death was just a freak, tragic thing…but the timing was so strange. Perhaps all the grief that the Obama people put on Tubbs Jones contributed to whatever caused that aneurysm, however. They were horrid and evil and ruthless towards Hillary people back in 2008. No one wants to talk about that now, but I’ll talk about it for the rest of my.
5. Gibbering in all kinds of languages, from people who choose not to speak English. Didn’t we learn this with the whole Tower of Babel story? I’m not someone who believes foreign languages are a good thing. Speak English. That’s the way we can come together to share ideas. Not gibber and babble in all sorts of languages. How can people come together as one people and one nation if some people insist on gibbering so that they cannot be understood by all? English works great as a common language. Let’s all use it! Leave the gibbering in whatever terrible place you wanted to leave so you can move here. Let the people stuck there continue the gibbering. Since the gibbering has always kept them poor and dysfunctional. The key to success in this world appears to be strongly linked to not gibbering and instead speaking English. Why don’t Democrats see that?
6. Not sure who this is. Someone who organized the convention. He’s cute though!
7. She’s really good at the national anthem! Has soul and church in her voice. I love it.
8. Democrats made sure to cut away from the singing to show a Muslim woman wrapped up in her sheet during the middle of the anthem. They are so pandering and shameless. This garbage is always so forced.
9. Democrat honchos passing resolution to honor themselves for doing a good job with the convention. That was a good job? Seemed like chaos and ineptitude for a full week. Ain’t nothing these people love more than giving themselves “kudos.” They are all about the kudos. Wherever Democrats go, there will be self-awarded kudos.
10. Here’s the lineup for today:
11. Gene Kapinksi from the League of Global Warming Chicken Littles or something. He’s going on about Global Warming. I don’t even know what to say anymore. This is like listening to someone in the middle ages going on about how the flu is caused by toads or demons in someone’s stomach. No matter what you say, these people will refuse to listen to reason. The sun controls our climate; our climate perfectly fluctuates according to changes in the sun’s energy output and other activity. All of these Democrats who say they hate religion and want to destroy Christianity have this need in them to have an apocalypse to fear and sins to be ashamed of. So they created this Global Warming Cult. And they come out and shout against anyone who points out reason to them. Like all Leftists they want to shout down and silence anyone who opposes them. They are all nuts.
12. Woman who claims she is some kind of Indian from Montana or somewhere. She says her daughter’s name is not Pocahontas. It’s Sheboygan Shemougan or something. I think she’s trying to say that it’s wrong for Trump to make fun of Elizabeth Warren, but the thing is that Elizabeth Warren should be made fun of. She STOLE from real Native Americans by TAKING a tenured position as a minority. She basically watched the movie Soul Man and then did that in real life! Democrats want to pretend she didn’t do that, but she did!
13. Some guy. He says that Hillary Clinton wrote her names on his daughters’ dolls. These stories are really weird. They never have any point. So, she should be president because she wrote her name on some dolls? That’s the standard now.
14. This weirdo is back: Antonio Vigarralassoblasso. Whatever his name is. That’s not even his real name. He used to be the mayor of Los Angeles. He is such garbage. He changed his name to make it sound more ethnic. I think he combined his wife’s name and his. He wanted to sound more Spanish. His real name is something like Tony Villar. He’s going on about the 11 million criminals who decided that American laws didn’t have to apply to him and that they should just come here and violate the law. Because laws don’t apply to them. Talking about how Mexicans should not be deported. They don’t have to follow the law. This all makes me so mad. What the HELL is wrong with our country that we don’t enforce the law and that we allow political correctness to let MEXICO dictate to us. Mexican colonists come here. They break our laws. The thumb their noses at us. They shake their butts at us. They laugh at us. They have no skills. They cannot read or write. They refuse to learn English. But you need to pay for them and give them things. Or else you are racist. This is the biggest shakedown in history. We really need a President that will take a club to Mexico and beat it metaphorically upside the head and make Mexico pay financially to clean up and stop this mess.
15. Black Guy from South Carolina. I think he spoke another day too. Talks about Civil Rights. I wonder if it will be 2050, 2070, etc. and black people will still be going on about civil rights. It feels like Democrats do not want to ever go forward. Everything has to be stuck like it is 1967. Democrats, when it comes to black people, like talking about 1860 and 1964. They do not want to say that anything has gotten any better since either time period. Will they ever stop this?
16. Angry Black Man Shouting. Says that some relative of his picked cotton. I stopped listening after that, but caught him ranting about the Mason Dixon line at some point. Again, why is this necessary? They always do this. This guy looks like he’s around 30. It’s sad that they bring young blacks out to go on about civil rights and cotton picking. That’s not this generation.
17. Gay Guy from Human Rights Campaign. This guy makes me really sick. He’s talking about Orlando, but says nothing about Islam killing gay people. He’s just shouting hatred at Trump. He says that Trump should not say he is the best candidate for gay people. Okay, then I will say it. I’m a gay man and I think that Trump is the best damn thing to ever happen to gays. He’s the only person with the guts to talk about Islam and how it kills gays. This idiot from the Human Rights Campaign has never said one word about Muslims killing gays. That’s happening all over the world. A Muslim killed almost 50 gays in Orlando. This guy just shouts like a lunatic. He embarrassed himself and he, of course, didn’t address the problem of what caused Orlando. The cause was ISLAM. And Islam’s built-in, endemic, ideological hatred of gays.
18. After the ranting and raving and shouting, they do this weird thing where they are trying to take some kind of glow in the dark picture. They have like 57 instructions for people to take the picture.
19. Black Man from Somewhere. Says his mother was a great lady. He says the Democrat Party invested in his community. Is that really true though? It looks to me like Democrats keep blacks poor and no progress was made for blacks in last 8 years. Says he’s trying to figure out how many bubbles are in a bar of soap. Says having Obamas in the White House is great. Wants guns taken away from people. Says the NRA should be neutered. Says that Hillary Clinton never sleeps. That makes her sound like she is a monster form a horror movie. Of course she sleeps. Was she awake during Benghazi? If she wants to say she was awake during that then she should say what she was doing.
20. Another weird comedy thing making fun of Trump. These fall flat. No one even laughs.
21. Some kind of woman from Colorado. She lists all the hyphens she is part of: Mexican, Native, French trappers. Again, she’s not someone who sees herself as an American. She identifies as someone who is made up of all kinds of hyphens. Talks about being on food stamps.
22. Next batch:
24. Gwen Moore from Wisconsin. Fat pigs! Dogs! Disgusting! She shouts this, in a voice like she is trying to be Maya Angelou. Says that this is how Trump sees women. Boy, Trump really gets under these people’s skin. Pigs! Dogs! Disgusting! Screaming and yelling. Says she will not shut up. But, she’s not saying anything of note. She’s just shouting. She is like Maya Angelou from the Negaverse, the Bizarro Opposite Dimension. Angry Bad Maya Angelou. Shrieking, ranting, raving. Madness.
25. More speakers…
26. Democrats really trying to stir up hate with red meat. They show these little “comedy” bits…they go by really fast. They are only like 15 seconds, but just meant to stir people up to shout out against Trump. Like the “Emanuel Goldstein” hate videos in Nineteen Eighty-Four.
27. Obese Indian Democrat. Checking all kinds of boxes with this one. Indian dot, not feather.
28. Guy Who Looks Like Dracula. Reuben Cuban. Says his mother was a housekeeper and his father was a farm worker. He shouts into microphone. He’s Mexican. Says his mother cleans hotel rooms in Vegas. Shouting about union 226. Says he learned English in public school. This is great. Immigrants must learn English. The problem is when people come here illegally, do not follow the rules, and refuse to learn English. Democrats don’t see a distinction. They don’t see that the problem is the people who DO NOT follow the rules. Who do not learn English. This guy is such a sack of garbage and a liar. He’s shouting in Spanish now. WE ARE ALL DREAMERS! He is shouting all kinds of things in Spanish. Dracula is angry. Says that Dreamers do not just want citizenship. They want this country to be theirs. This is the thing: they are colonists. They come from somewhere else and they want to take over. That’s their deal. They do not see a melting pot. They do not want to assimilate. They want to come here, replace what is here, and make America like the place they left.
29. Michael Nutter. Former Mayor of Philly. He was a HUGE Hillary supporter in 2008. He stuck with her, like Stephanie Tubbs Jones and Sheila Jackson Lee, even when he was threatened by the Obama people. He was called Uncle Tom. He was shouted at. But he stayed with Hillary to the end. He was a really cool guy. I got to meet him in Philly with Ed Rendell and other surrogates. One of my favorite people we met in 2008. He made the news in 2008 because he was in line for an iPhone when they were just coming out and the media thought it was funny he would wait in line and not have an assistant do it. But this is just what a cool guy Michael Nutter is. He’s doing a surrogate speech for Hillary again now…talking about why she would be good president. Says Trump thinks presidency is entry level job on Apprentice. This is how you act as a surrogate. Promote your candidate. Take a punch at the opposite side. End positive. No shouting. No lies. Michael Nutter is a class act. LOVE THIS MAN.
30. Emanuel Cleaver from Georgia. He reminds me of George Jefferson: very elegant, dignified. He has that preacher’s voice but it sounds real, not fake like Obama. He talks about Americans being jittery and full of fear. Says that Hillary will trade in optimism and be a peace builder. Talks about Andrew Jackson as a child (which is weird because Jackson was cruel slave owner, so not sure why Democrats still promote him). Then somehow talks about baby Jesus. He brings some real church into this. He said they threw Hillary down as First Lady, but she wouldn’t stay thrown down…threw her down as Senator, Sec. State, candidate etc. He really gets into church mode. Said you better listen to him, she won’t stay thrown.
31.Sean Patrick Baloney says he is the first gay person from New York. Not sure how that can be true. Attacking Peter Thiel. Said that he was crying when gay marriage decision came down. Says he reads bedtime stories to his husband and ties his shoes. What? Then he was singing the national anthem somewhere. He said that he likes Equal. I prefer real sugar, myself. Says his family was on the line and there are beautiful buildings with marble columns. Says that Donald Trump wants to go back in time because he doesn’t care about families. Says he was a nobody and was in Manchester, New Hampshire. And Hillary Clinton appeared and cared and she cares about his husband and she has seen them. She cares and she sees. She has a heart and she has eyes. She cares about all families who care. He’s introducing someone named Sarah McBride, the first trans person to ever address a national convention (besides Lindsey Graham).
32. Sarah McBride, says she is proud transgendered American. Interned at White House. 4 years ago was a cisgendered bio male but is a transgendered MtF now. If you don’t know what all those words are, you RACIST. Says the Great Transgeder Bathroom War is most important issue ever. Says she married a FtM transman named Andy but then he died four days later. Says that Hillary Clinton will pass Bathroom Equality Act and she will end AIDS epidemic once and for all. But, why didn’t Obama do that?
33. Dolores the Explores from New Mexico is next. All her many adventures have sure tired her out. Shouts in Spanish for a while. Says she fights for people who have no voice and are quiet. Says that Trump insults Latinos. To me, it’s insulting when people insist on not learning English and not joining melting pot and assimilating. That’s insulting. Says 800,000 Spanish-speakers turn 18 every year. Says they will take over in time. It’s numbers game. Will take Latino Power and use in November. What these idiots don’t see is that by continuing to speak Spanish and not learn English, they limit themselves in life. Democrats want to keep them speaking Spanish to keep them poor. Spanish is the language of poverty. She says white people need to get out of the way. This is their country now. They will use their voting power…shouts in Spanish that See-Say-Puede thing.
34. Woman Who Looks Like Diahanne Carroll but is not Diahanne Carroll. Says this election is about two fun-a-mental choices. Says Trump wants to wind back clock on progress. This is some kind of code language/whistle. They say this every 4 years. They don’t mean it literally, like time travel. But they keep saying stuff about turning back clocks. This must mean to black people that Republicans want to make them slaves again, but who is dumb enough to think that? Democrats were slave owners. Republicans freed the slaves.
35. This was funny. They had a clock showing 2:35 counting down dead air space and music playing. Right after woman was talking about turning back clock. Then the camera feverishly looked for attractive people to show dancing. Finding none, they showed these people.
36. Mark Dayton from Minnesota. He looks either recently embalmed or like he is a wax figure. Says he sat next to Hillary once i the Senate. She listened to people’s problems. Says Trump steps on people. Says that Hillary travels all over the country listening and getting in people’s business. Says she will make death-free college and medical leave. Every 4 year old will go to high-quality preschool. Will do more things with healthcare and go single payer. Says out of pocket costs too high. Time to have nationalized healthcare.
37. Mayor Garcetti from Los Angeles. Goes on about Latinos. Attacks Trump. Hillary will raise minimum wage to $15. Free college for everyone. Take away guns. Says Hillary will do to America what Democrats did to LA. Says he is Mexican-American-Jewish-Italian. Look at all the hyphens he racked up. Says a bunch of gibberish in Spanish, including word “punta,” which I think is a vulgar word.
38. Some Woman Who Talks to Us Like We Are Children. She’s running for Senate in Pennsylvania. Boy, is she bad! So condescending. She sounds like character from Saturday Night Live. Would have been played by Ana Gasteyer. At one point she says her bother is an X-rated welder. Am I wrong for wanting to meet him now. She has this singsongy kind of old-timey voice like a robot. Feels like she is on some kind of weird drugs.
39. Tammy Duckworth comes out to “Sexy Lady” song. So, it’s okay for Dems to play song objectifying women but Trump is monster. Good to know. She lost limbs in helicopter crash in military. This is really touchy, because she gets Hero Points, but she really uses the losing limbs thing for sympathy. She will appear at events without her artificial limbs to get sympathy whenever possible. She did that at the Pride Parade in Chicago this year. She did not have her limbs on. Sat on some kind of wheely-thing, like from a grocery store. And was wheeled around so all could see she had no limbs instead of riding in a car. She is really shameless. She’s running for Senate against Mark Kirk.
40. VIDEO: something about believing in things. Random people with grievances and shruggles. MORE DEAD AIR AFTER THAT. People standing around. Not knowing what to do. Then they do another musical number like late-1970s Oscars. Carol King. Says “everyone sing along”. But few of them were alive when this song was popular. They do not know the word to Winter Spring Summer and Fall, All You Gotta Do Is Call. You’ve Got A Friend.
41. Then more dead air and empty stage.
42. James Clyburne hops out. This man is such a toad. Doing black preacher talk. Saying Hillary was for education for years. The things he is saying here are all true. When they talk about things Hillary did in 1970s and 1980s it’s all true…the lies don’t start until Secretary of State era. They feel need to tell lies about her and invent achievements as Secretary of State and later. But up until her being a US Senator, they didn’t have to lie about her. She did good things once upon a time.
42. VIDEO about women in the Senate. Say they want abortions for everyone and taking guns away from people. Only the government can keep everyone safe. Global Warming is killing everyone. You must all the government to make decisions for you. Telling lie about equal pay again.
43. Barbara Mikulski comes speaks again. Talks about that Lilly Bedwetter Act some more. They went on about that in 2012 too. Not sure why that is important. No one knows what that is. But they go on about it all the time. Other women then get up and talk and say SCIENCE…and say that abortion is great, killing babies is fun and great. You are not a real woman or a real Democrat unless you want to kill a baby in the womb. This is all women Senators coming out to speak for Hillary. Feels like Jim Henson Company or Kroft Puppets doing performance. Amy Klobuchar says that Hillary answers the phone when you call for her. She saved the babies of Haiti because Amy asked her to. Claire McCaskill is REALLY trying to get off Hillary’s Hit List. Says Hillary checked on her every day in the hospital. Since McCaskill backstabbed Hillary in 2008, she could have been checking hoping that McCaskill wasn’t surviving being in hospital. Arkancide! Each of these women tell little stories about Hillary being a Senator, but none of them are riveting. Most of them just talk about themselves and things they do…then say they told Hillary about them or called her or whatever. This segment ended with Barbara Boxer saying “this is election is not about gender.” As only female senators hold hands and show everyone that there are only women on stage.
44. Black Man Speaks. Says he is a community organizer, from St. Louis. Tells story about his mom being a teacher and using own money to buy paper clips and markers. They always say this about teachers. They do this weird thing where they do live feed from various places around the country, having people speak from Wisconsin or Colorado etc. They say that Hillary is the candidate of Love and Kindness. Claim there are hundreds of watch parties like this all across the country and that everyone who is at the parties is going to go door to door to win the election. This all makes me sad because it makes me think of what we did in 2008…and we lost that primary race. We did all of this watch party stuff, but it never got any traction. We never could overcome the fact that people didn’t like Hillary.
45. VIDEO: Praising illegal aliens who broke the law. Spanish speakers who felt American laws did not apply to them and that they did not have to listen. Democrats don’t want them to follow the law. As long as they vote Democrat, they want no border to exist and these people just to come and take whatever they want.
46. Illegal Alien Speaks. She also lost her leg as a child. So two boxes checked: Spanish speaking illegal and disabled. That’s her grievance story. Speaks in Spanish. Shouts angrily.
47. Joaquin Castro from Texas. He’s 1/2 of the Castro Brothers that Dems like to talk about. Says his grandmother was not a rapist. How impartial is a judge if he’s member of La Raza, which is a racist lobbying group. This is the nicer looking of the two brothers. The other one, Julian, looks like a lizard monster.
48. There was like 5 minutes of dead air where they showed old tweets and the band set up. During this time, they played “Billy Don’t You Lose My Number,” which was a weird choice because I am sure a lot of women said that to Bill Clinton through the years when he was cheating on his wife with them.
49. Sheila E? Really. All that time setting up for Sheila E? She and a bunch of Spanish speakers played drums and bongos for a while, like they were a floor show in a medium-priced Mexican restaurant.
50. Then there’s some video with some kind of comedian attacking Trump. It’s not funny, and I think they showed it the other night, two nights ago. So they know that no one (but me) is watching every day of this convention.
51. Andrew Cuomo comes out to talk about his father. He comes off like a thug. Has a Goodfellas kind of vibe to how he talks. This is rich: says Republicans want to divide people into groups and cut people in half. But, that’s what Democrats do. Oh, and get this. Cuomo starts shouting, like he is yelling at Emanuel Goldstein on a big screen in Nineteen Eighty-Four. He claims Republicans want to take people back and turn back the clock. They always shout that. Then he picks terrible moments in history, like Republicans building a time machine to send people back to then. Shouting. Says Obama has lots of accomplishments, but only says that 20 million people have healthcare now. That number’s really not true. Obamacare is collapsing and people can’t afford the coverage. He’s not living in reality. He went on and on and on and on. At parts, he was totally living in another dimension. He would talk about all Americans coming together, but was oblivious to fact that Democrats are the party of carving people up into little identity blocs. They are the party of hyphenating Americans, not being one America.
Democrats and Media are ignoring this, but look at some of the signs people sneaking into convention. They get torn down almost immediately but people tweet them out.
52. VIDEO: Some video about chairs. Something about this chair being magic, and many laws signed with someone sitting on it, or something.
53. Nancy Pelosi enters, to Tina Turner song “Simply the Best.” Says Republicans are a restricted club. To me it feels like she’s declaring open war on white males…which means I hope all white males, gay or straight, vote Trump and vote against Democrats. Democrats really open this year about thinking we’ve already reached the tipping point of minority control over country. Is that true? This could be election to tell. Pelosi really having trouble reading. I can’t stand her, but feel bad for her. She should have done this pre-taped. She’s really struggling. Loses train of thought. Stumbles over words. Her mind is swiss cheese. She also keeps moving her tongue and doing weird thing with lips. I think she has dentures and her teeth are loose. It’s sad. Says this is most important election ever: they say that every time. Say SCOTUS at stake: they say that every time too. Every time, they say the same things!
54. Tim Ryan from Ohio. Talks about steel plants closing in 1970s and 1990s. Democrats did that. Never got the jobs back. Why elect Democrats? Steel workers almost extinct now. Says he used to take his grandfather grocery shopping. Everyone must be on side of the unions. But, unions destroyed these industries and there are no jobs now. Says Hillary has a plan to take over industries and workers will share in profits and deserve more than piece of pie. Sounds like nationalizing industries…that did not work in Venezuela and will not work here. This guy talks like he is dumb as rocks and has a weird voice, but boy is he cute.
55. Then they show a video with Tony Goldwyn from Scandal. That is a show about a sex crazed president who aggressively and cruelly cheats on his wife. Art imitates life at the DNC and they are oblivious to irony.
56. 703pm CST = we have more than 3 hours left to go. It feels like we will never get through all this.
57. John Hickenlooper from Colorado. Says he lost his job and felt unwanted. So he asked his buddy for a group hug. His mother wouldn’t give him money. He then went to an abandoned warehouse in downtown Denver. Then other things happened. Says he’s never hosted a reality tee-vee show. Says, “Don’t say You’re Fired, say You’re Hired.” Says he didn’t go bankrupt six times. Success sweeter when with Cher. Or shared. Something. Create sense of place with moron entrepreneurs. Denver took off. Remember Mork from Ork? He came to Denver. Bob Denver was not from Denver. Hillary knows Colorado. Says we are all stronger together. Partnerships dry economies. Denver is a big city and Colorado has second strongest economy. Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills. Says Hillary will invest more in jobs since WWII. Then he says put down your Pokemon Go. Not a fan of that, I guess.
58. Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson. They were big surrogates for Hillary in 2008. VERY NICE PEOPLE. They worked so hard and went everywhere for Hillary, especially in Indiana. Of all the surrogates I got to meet, they were some of the nicest and warmest and most real. Very nice people. I can’t say that enough. They tell personal stories about knowing her through the years. Steenburgen has been friends with Hillary since 1970s. Then they introduce real people who talk about Hillary. All of them are nice people who say they stand with Hillary Clinton. Is this persuasive though? Do people really believe this? Woman working two jobs to make ends meet. Guy who is a teacher and complains about having student loans. They want college to be free. Woman who looks like Melissa McCarthy and met Hillary in a donut shop says she has debt and Hillary says she will help her. Then two people from a pizza place said that they were hired same day and the girl got paid less than the boy. Hillary heard about them getting fired and tweeted about it. I think it was Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza.
59. Governor Teen Wolf from Transylvania. He talked the other day too. Makes kitchen cabinets in North America. Treat everyone in life like they matter, because they do matter. Trump does not pay vendors. Back in 2008, there were a lot of people who were not paid by Hillary’s campaign. Obama didn’t pay a lot of bills either. They just stiffed people all over. The Media will never report that. Goes on about $15 minimum wage again…no talk of ramifications on firings/job losses.
60. Jennifer Granholm comes out to heavy metal music. Former Governor of Michigan. Acting crazy. Shouting. Looks like Anne Heche. I remember her acting crazy in 2012 too, shouting, being weird. Always seems like she is on drugs. She shouts, has wild-eyes. There’s something wrong with her. Wow, she really went nuts. At one point, she was singing black spirituals: We Shall Overcome. She looks like Nellie Oleson, but is singing slave spirituals. Then she just started shouting about electric vehicles. Spitting, choking, trying to catch breath to shout some more. I think Granholm is bipolar.
61. A Guy Who Says He is Republican Voting for Hillary. Says he knew Ronald Reagan and Trump is no Ronald Reagan, he is a reality star. Says he is voting for a Democrat for first time. Says that all Establishment Republicans should vote Hillary. Then a woman who looks like a Cabbage Patch Kid talks. She clicks when she speaks. Says she does not like Trump judging women’s appearances. Of course not…she looks like Cabbage Patch Kid.
62. Lupe Valesquez, Sheriff. Says her father beaten by the police. Says she does not beat people and tries to do good. Says police do not know ahead of time what 911 calls will bring. They put lives on line and do the best they can. Tells people to stop yelling and screaming and calling people names. Says people need to start listening to one another. If you see police in a restaurant, offer to pay for their meals. That is a nice thing to do. They had a moment of silence for fallen officers…and a few idiots waited for quiet and then shouted BLACK LIVES MATTER. Shameful. Moms of slain police officers then speak about sons/relatives killed. While we are alive we must do the good we can. Powerful speakers: mom of Philly cop named Moses; parents of Cleveland cop named Derrick. Wife of Thor Soderburg from Chicago. Caught kid stealing belt, needed it to hold pants up. Bought kid the belt. Knew to keep kid off record. All lives matter. Know about Moses, Derrick, and Thor risking lives protecting all of us.
63. Then they show tweets as song about River Jordan plays.
64. Then they show video saying BULLYING is wrong. Hillary will stop people being mean. Wants to have more love and kindness.
65. The Reverend Doctor William Barbara the Second comes to the podium. Says he comes as a preacher, as the son of a preacher man, immershed (sic) at five years old. Says he is an evangelical Biblicist. White people eat this up. Love listening to black preachers, but afraid to ever go into a black church. So they get their church at an event like this. Says we need moral de-fib-u-lator for our time. Shock this nation with the power of love. Must shock nation with power of mercy. Fight for justice for all. Can’t give up on heart.
66. Kareem Abdul Jabar comes out. Talks about Muslims. Says Trump can’t tell black people apart. Podium microphone is aimed right at his crotch. Claims that Thomas Jefferson would want Muslims to come here. This is a new thing that Dems have been doing since 2008, trying to claim that Thomas Jefferson wanted America to be Muslim and that he liked Islam. They try to do this with Churchill too. It’s insidious. Jefferson fought Barbary Muslim Pirates. He was not for Islam. VIDEO then plays with Hillary saying how wonderful Muslims are. As a gay man, I think this is repugnant. Democrats allow Muslims to kill gays all over the world. They choose Muslims and political correctness over gays. Then they have parents of Muslim who was in the military. In Democrat thinking, if you can find one good Muslim, then you are not allowed to ever speak about any evil things that Islam does. This is how Democrats think: you must ignore a problem if you know one person from that group who was not bad. That would be like saying that WWII should not have been fought because someone knew a good German once. So, therefore you shouldn’t have addressed the Third Reich. Because you knew a good German once. Democrats are all about emotion and values-signaling. They don’t want to confront the reality in front of them. The reality is that Islam kills wherever it goes. It wants to take over the West. It kills gays and subjugates women. It is not compatible with the West. When Muslims take over an area, they want shariah law to replace Western law. Muslim man spoke, said that Islam should not be criticized. When he did so, his wife had to stand to the side and behind him. Dead quiet, never allowed to speak, just wrapped up in her sheet. To me that is turning back the clock, having a wife be like that. But that is Islam.
67. Asian Who Was in the Military Speaks Now. I think this is the first time that ISIS is mentioned tonight. They play loud military drumming and bunch of military people come out. Look how they position the guy in the pink turban. Total coincidence right? Democrats treat all these people like props. It’s all about casting someone of the right color, the right amount of diversity, setting everyone up by these special marks they check off for DIVERSITY! All they needed was a cop and a construction worker or someone dressed like Frankenstein or something. Unhinged man shouts for long time, says he is a general. Hope he is retired. He’s too unhinged to be general now. While he is shouting, the crowd shouts back NO MORE WAR over and over again. The shouting feels like Nineteen Eighty-Four some more: screaming and shouting about Emanuel Goldstein. It’s crazy.
68. Someone from District of Columbia. Immigrant. Was in the army. Went to Afghanistan. Shouts that Hillary can find the invisible wounds and defeat ISIS. Go army.
69. Chloe Grace Moritz speaks. She’s an actress. Talks about being Millennial and registering to vote. Does commercial for registering to vote Dem. She was smart choice…very effective.
70. Sheered Brown from Ohio is up now. Father was a doctor. Goes through list of places all his relatives were born and raised and what they all did for a living. All worked long days, etc. People work longer hours but wages have not kept pace. Hillary knows that job is not just paycheck. “She is progressive who gets things done.” Goes through list of where all Trump goods are made, says they should be made in America instead. Says that Trump will step on people and break their cabinets and not pay people. So he destroyed their lives and made them go bankrupt. Says Cleveland is going to have fresh water wind farm in Lake Erie. That’s such a bad idea. Cleveland is COVERED IN ICE during the winter. Those windmills will break each winter.
71. Another Spanish Speaker comes out to shout. He does that thing too, where he will stop speaking English and will break into Spanish in the middle of a sentence, or give some words flourish (MEH-HEE-KOE, etc.) Talks about how immigrants are the most important thing. They keep hammering this. If you are not an immigrant, then Democrats are really not for you. Goes on about Trump tax returns. Jumps then to saying that Trump doesn’t know how much milk costs. Jumps from speaking calmly in English to shouting in Spanish.
72. READY CARD STUNT TRAINING = they are planning some kind of magic trick or visual stunt. They are trying to explain what to do. VERY complicated directions. Musical act where people have to turn on cell phone flashlights is next. Katy Perry!
73. Katy Perry comes out, dressed in nude dress with silver band-aids. Perry says that she has saved voicemails on her phone from Hillary. Does Huma know about that? It’s a weird thing to say. Then she sings a weird, depressing angry song. It’s all so strange. Just think about this: Marilyn Monroe is to JKF as Kal Pen/Reggie Love is to Obama as apparently Katy Perry is to Hillary. It’s just so much for American minds to take. She then sings Roar, which better song that depressing thing. All of this is so strange and needless. It’s 901pm CST. Why drag all this out? It was funny…after Katy left, someone started shouting ENCORE ENCORE ENCORE like at a concert. Too funny.
74. Chelsea Clinton. Looks like “Cathy” from comic strips, in Little Orphan Annie dress. Tells stories about kids. After every sentence, she makes a sucking sound. Says her daughter loves blueberries. That explains why Hillary dressed up like one last night. Talks about Hillary reading good night moon. Talks about dinosaurs for a while. Says Hillary leaves her notes to open on certain days. Writes her about the Eiffel Tower. She used to like reading A Wrinkle in Time. Says her parents taught her about public service. Goes year by year through early 1980s into 1994. Said her father liked watching Police Academy movies. The Hillarycare nightmare in 1994 was upsetting. Keep saying that she never forgets who she is fighting for. Chelsea sounds like she is doing Ann Hathaway impression. Chelsea is very low-key. Kind of generic speech. The a video narrated by Morgan Freeman in his booming God voice plays. Video has some of Hillary’s friends from childhood, which was cool to see! They filmed Hillary in this video to look like Tea Leoni in Madame Secretary show. Claims that saying “women’s rights are human rights” in 1995 changed the world. But did it? Then big section on 9/11. Said that New York did not get any money. What’s bad is that Hillary doesn’t seem to understand that she needs to address her bad judgment in recent years. But she won’t admit she was wrong. Won’t talk about her mistakes. And that is so wrong. She’s not an evil person. She’s a nice lady. But she has made some bad choices that she needs to explain and say she is sorry for.
75. 927pm CST…Hillary Clinton comes out to fight song. People chanting HILLARY HILLARY HILLARY. I’m proud of her for finally achieving this, winning the nomination after 8 years. But so disappointed in her bad judgment in recent years. She’s doing a recap of the previous nights of the convention. What different people said. She talks like she’s talking to children. That’s how she has always been. Bernie Sanders hates life. He looks so pissed. Talks about people compromising, coming together. Standing up to a kind. Founders embraced enduring truth. We are stronger together. Lots of canned lines: Trump went form Morning in America to Midnight in America. Says Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself. Says we are clear eyed but not afraid. Says there will be no wall. Build path to citizenship for anyone who wants to come. Takes some punches at Trump. Talks about her book It Takes A Village. At 947pm CST, says she will accept the nomination (since you asked her nicely). They keep showing Bernie Sanders, looking angry, arms folded, hating life.
Hillary talks about her mom Dorothy being abandoned by family, having to work as a made, share food with teachers at lunch because hungry. I got to meet Dorothy several times in 2008…she was wonderful woman, very kind. Hillary talks about working for Children’s Defense Fund. Her cough starting up again. She does have that problem now. Never had it in 2008. She refers to lots of people who spoke during the convention for her. Cameras cut to shots of famous people crying.
Says primary mission will be to create more jobs with rising wages right in the United States. Inner cities to small towns. America thrives when middle class thrives. Democracy is not working the way that it should. Democrats always say this, but we are not a democracy. We are a constitutional republic. Vows to go after Citizens United with SCOTUS picks or constitutional amendment. Says she will go after Democrat pet projects. Says she believes in SCIENCE, then laughs like crazy person. Wants more immigrants to come into the country because they are more Democrat voters. Says she wants to wipe out student debts. Says people need more paths to good jobs. Learn skills, practice trade, make good living doing it. Says DEAL ME IN when playing woman card. Goes after Trump for not making things in America. Spends section of speech mocking Trump, saying he can’t be trusted with nuclear weapons. Quotes Jackie Kennedy about Cuban Missile Crisis…says Trump is little man. They keep showing Bernie Sanders and he looks like those two old men Muppets who would heckle from the balcony. Really goes at Trump. Thinks it’s bad he calls Rosie O’Donnell a pig. But most Americans agree with him.
The weirdest thing then happened for like 15 minutes: they all just played with balloons on the stage. It went on for a long time. Hillary, Bill, Chelsea…Tim Kaine. Kaine looked like a simpleton, excited like a small child over balloons. All kinds of people came onto the stage, including Hillary’s brothers and nephews and others. They did look like a crime family.
Tim Kaine reminded me of Baby Huey, going nuts over balloons. Someone has got to do a GIF of that: he would clap his hands like a toddler, trying to catch the balloons in his hands, missing his hands, smiling stupidly. It was so weird.
They were all too damn excited about the balloons!
Then, Huma Abedin appeared at the back of the stage in red dress, took Hillary backstage, whispering things like she always does. She totally controls Hillary. If Hillary would be elected, Huma would really be the acting president. And Huma is controlled by Saudi Arabia.
Marsha Fudge returns one last time and adjourns the convention at 1045pm CST.
— That’s a wrap! —
If you enjoyed the coverage, let me know. And also let me know your thoughts on all of this. Was it helpful to have the recaps? Would you like to see more for the debates and other events from now until November?
We have an hour or so before things kick off again, for the last time, in Philadelphia. Tonight Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton will become the first female to accept the nomination of a major political party for the office of President of the United States. Here are some unfiltered thoughts on this moment in history and the Democrats’ convention so far.
All of this is more bizarre for me to process and deal with than I could ever relate. Back in 1991, my adventure with the Clintons began when my Grandma Emma, who was born in Arkansas, told me about a woman named Hillary who was the first lady of that southern state and who did a lot of great things for children. I was interviewing Emma for a speech class project. The assignment was to find someone I admired and ask that person about someone he or she admired. In my little world in Cleveland, Emma was a force of nature; everybody knew her. She and her fellow Ladies Guild members were the heart and soul of the local church; Emma was always organizing some bake sale or raffle or roast beef dinner or bazaar. She’d walk down the street to church and it would take her an hour because so many people would stop her to talk. She knew everybody’s business and solved all kinds of problems people brought to her, just by piecing together bits of information, remembering things, and then making the connections. Someone would tell her that their good-for-nothing lazy nephew was getting into trouble with too much time on his hands in the summer. Another person would bemoan the state of her yard and leaky gutters. It wasn’t rocket science, but Emma was a natural at putting two and two together and hooking the lazy nephew up with the old lady needing the yard work and a happiness and order would flow over the neighborhood, all because of her. Emma was sarcastic and loud and if she didn’t like you, she would tell you to your face. She never had much money, so for Christmas you’d get hand-knitted afghan blankets or other homemade things (and you’d love them more than anything store-bought). At weddings, if the priest asked people (rhetorically) to speak now or forever hold their peace…you had best hold onto your hats because Emma would tell it like it is, pretending she didn’t know what “rhetorical” was. There were always black, melting, over-ripe bananas filling up her fridge (to be used to endlessly make banana nut bread) and something church related that she would suck all of into every week, because Emma never stopped trying to do good, right wrongs, and make things better on her block. She was one in a million…and she was a big fan of Hillary’s, back before anyone knew who Hillary was.
In 1992, I remember watching the election results coming in. It’s weird thinking about this, but there was a time when George Bush seemed unstoppable. No one in Cleveland liked him, though Clevelanders had liked Reagan. Bush was a sissy, though, according to Emma. There was something “off” about him, something snobby. Reagan had been a movie star and had a lot of money and all that, but Reagan seemed like one of the people. He wasn’t patrician. He was no snob. But Bush being president felt wrong. It felt like America was being ruled and not governed. In our high school’s mock election, Perot actually one. People loved how for a brief while Perot seemed to kick the patrician establishment in the face. But Perot ended up being bipolar or something and dropped out of the race before coming back into the race and doing lots of other weird things. No one figured out at the time that Perot was just in the race to be a spoiler so that Bill Clinton would win. There was no excitement for Bill Clinton, whom people thought was womanizing trash. From Day One, that’s what I remember people saying about Bill. But, Hillary was someone that people back in Cleveland liked in 1992…she was a different kind of first lady. She had a brain and had moxie and, according to Emma, she got good things done for kids and people who asked for her help back in Arkansas. When it was announced that the Clintons had one the race and Bush was defeated, Emma cheered because Hillary would be going to Washington. Bill was just coming along even though his name was on the ballot.
So, this is where my mindset always was with Hillary. She meant an awful lot to people whom I loved deeply. I made a pact to do everything I could for Hillary if she ever ran for president herself to help her win. Whatever it took. We’d all hoped that Hillary would have run in 2004 against the Second George Bush, but it looks like the Kennedys talked her out of that and she foolishly believed them. I think she could have beat Bush. I believe that Ted Kennedy told her that she’s have to wait her turn and the DNC would give her that turn in 2008 (and Hillary foolishly didn’t realize they were setting her up to be screwed over, since the Kennedys wanted Obama all along). Emma passed away before the 2008 election rolled around, but I kept my promise to do everything I could to see that “our Hillary” made it to the White House. And boy did I ever.
Through a series of accidents, blessings, and manifestations of pure luck (with Emma’s spirit tipping the scales for me when need be), I had the adventure of a lifetime in 2008. I found myself in Chicago at a time when everyone in Democrat ranks had gotten the memo that they had to support Obama or suffer severe consequences. Hillary couldn’t pay people to be on her team. Literally, she had no money for salaries. Anyone who wanted to put themselves through the ordeal of working for no money while a the same time suffering nonstop abuse from the Obama campaign was welcomed with open arms. I went from handing out flyers and gathering petition signatures (and being spit on by Obama thugs) in 100-degree heat to running phone banks for Hillary every night out of my apartment to organizing small dollar fundraising and eventually planning events with the big wigs (as big as they ever came, considering her 2008 campaign was the redheaded step child of politics that got dumped on by the Media and the DNC). If you were for Hillary in 2008, it was because you were personally loyal to her and not the party and you wanted Democrats to be centrists, not radical Leftist loons. And if you were for Hillary until the end back in 2008, you got to know her dear friends (whom she has had in her life since kindergarten) and the truly good people who had her back…and you got to know her a little too, since our ragtag crew hopped from state to state around the Midwest filling in gaps to keep her shoestring campaign going when the Media (especially the vile Tim Russert and Chris Matthews) kept shouting at us to stop.
My fellow Clevelander, Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones, was one of several black Hillary supporters who received death threats, endured being called “Aunt Jane,” and was constantly harassed by the Obama campaign because she stood with Hillary. I had met Tubbs Jones a few times in grade school and high school. She represented my hometown and I had the honor and privilege of reconnecting with her at various Hillary events throughout the Midwest when she was speaking as a surrogate for Hillary. She’s see me, I’d see her, she’d shout “Cleveland!” and we’d hug. We’d talk about Emma and about Hillary, and through her my friends and I would get waived into VIP areas and some great conversations face to face with Hillary herself followed.
Back in 2008, Hillary Clinton was a woman who knew that the deck was stacked against her and that she had been screwed over and backstabbed by the powerful. She was humiliated yet again, but she kept going because people counted on her. You won’t remember what this woman was subjected to by the Media and the Obama campaign. Everyone wants to sweep this under the rug and forget it ever happened. The dirty tricks that the Kennedys, John Edwards, Bill Richardson, Claire McCaskill, Joe Biden, and others pulled to yank the nomination away from Hillary and give it to Obama were brutal. That extended to Obama supporters being actively encouraged to come at Hillary supporters, to scare us away and make us abandon her. I kept that promise I made to Emma, and my friends and I sunk every cent we had into keeping things going, spending all of our free time and cashing in all our vacation and sick days to volunteering in whatever ways the campaign needed us. Everything ran on fumes. We were up against impossible odds. And at the end Hillary ended up with more primary votes than Obama…and she only lost the nomination because the super delegates had swung to him, since everyone was afraid of being called a racist if they didn’t give the nomination to him.
The Media likes to rewrite history, but this is what happened. If not for the super delegates, Hillary Clinton would have been the nominee in 2008 and would have been president. Claire McCaskill and the Kennedys are who bullied the super delegates to abandon Hillary. And all sorts of awful people (in the Media and politics) all brought out their knives to stab at her.
I don’t want to be like Bill Clinton the other night and go through all the years since, because so much has happened, but the Hillary Clinton that I knew in my small way back in 2008 was the same Hillary Clinton that Emma admired and that I wrote that speech class assignment about. There was a stretch in the spring of 2008 where I would see Hillary a few times a week; she’d remember me and would continue conversations we had. Remember that I was no one important, just some guy she knew was going everywhere for her campaign with others from Chicago loyal to her personally and not to the Democrat party. At the time, I was struggling because my parents had stopped speaking to me after I moved in with a guy for the first time and they could no longer do the Cleveland thing of pretending that I wasn’t gay. Moving in with a guy in Chicago was as unavoidably gay as rainbows and it was something my parents did not want to deal with. This began my exile and the last time they ever talked to me. I’m part of the last generation of gay guys whose families consider them dead to them because they are gay, but that’s what Clevelanders were like back then. I don’t know if they still are. I chose to be with a man I thought I loved (who ended up being awful…but that’s another story). I’ve never regretted choosing to live openly and to take that chance on love, no matter how it worked out. At least I loved, even if I lost. I just wish I didn’t lose everything in taking that chance.
Here she was, Hillary Clinton of all people, in the fight of her damn life, being brutalized and humiliated every damn day in the Media…and she’d see me and would spend a moment or two talking about my life and what I was going through, as if I was the important person in that conversation. A figure from American history (and whether you like her or not, you have to admit that is true), would talk to me about my mom and dad and about how I could maybe make them come around to accepting me. She would scold me for not having guts to just pick up the phone and call them and break the ice and would badger me to make the situation right, to take the lead on it and decide what life I wanted to have for myself. She wasn’t pretending. I was nobody important, so she wasn’t putting on some show to get something out of me. I had nothing…and much less than nothing after I put what little I had into all the adventures on her campaign. This woman, one of the most famous people on the planet who was in the middle of the battle of all battles, actually gave a damn about me and tried to help. Pick a figure from history: Abe Lincoln. George Washington. Rosa Parks. Mercy Otis Warren. Paul Revere. Amelia Earhart. James K. Polk. Harriet Tubman. Whoever. Just someone “historic.” And now imagine having a period in your life where you regularly saw that person, that person would speak to you, and that person actually cared enough about you in those conversations to try to make your life better and heal a rift with your family over your being gay and them not being able to deal with it. This is what my life was like in 2008 because of the sheer luck of being in the right place at the right time in Chicago and sticking it out on her campaign when everyone else who wanted a career in politics abandoned her.
It’s been years since I’ve spoken to her and I don’t know if the Hillary today is the Hillary of 2008, the one who was humbled and running on fumes and was so grateful to the people who were loyal and stuck it out to the end. So much has changed in the last eight years. I am disappointed in a lot of the decisions that Hillary made as Secretary of State and it sickens me that she was so careless and foolish in so much of what she has done since leaving the Senate. All of us who gave everything for her in 2008 hoped that she was the super genius we wanted her to be and that she would have a masterful plan for using the next years to lay the foundation for a comeback to beat all comebacks. We wanted her to learn from the mistakes of 2008 in her first campaign and find all the right people to position her perfectly for another run in 2012 or 2016.
I do not know what got into her or what the hell she was thinking. Back in 2008, maybe Huma Abedin had already taken control, though I never got that impression back then. Huma did just support stuff then, like other assistants that would be hovering. Something happened later though and now Huma seems to be pulling big strings and Hillary feels like a shell and a puppet being controlled. It’s all so weird because this is not the same person anymore. This is not who Emma excitedly would talk about. It’s not the person that I gave up a year of my life for and sunk everything into. She tells strange and stupid lies now that seem pathological. Her lying doesn’t even seem to be part of any strategy or have any purpose. She makes terrible decisions that benefit no one, really…unless they are somehow benefitting the Saudis or other foreign parties and I don’t see it. And there is Huma always standing there, dressed in black, lurking in the background…no longer fetching or assisting but controlling. It’s all so damn wrong.
I happen to have a boyfriend whose family is from Arkansas. I guess they have always hated the Clintons. We’ve been together for 6 years and in that time I think every day Justin has said some shitty remark to me about my support for Hillary in the past. It’s a special kind of Hell living like this. Justin either won’t or simply can’t stop…and I also have to hear this garbage from his mom and sister too. It creates a lot of tension. They settled down with it for a while after Hillary left the state department, but when this election heated up again they started up once more too. For a while, I had to listen to Justin’s obsession with Ted Cruz (whom he hates more than Hillary). But now that all the #NeverTrump fantasies have simmered down and Cruz has immolated himself, we’re back to Justin bashing Hillary every day. I don’t enjoy my life having to listen to this. I do not enjoy being with Justin having to listen to this. It’s like my being punished every day for going all-in and keeping my promise to Emma eight years ago, for a version of Hillary who doesn’t even exist anymore.
I really don’t know who this woman is who is being nominated for President tonight. She’s “Hillary Clinton,” but she’s the version of her that the DNC is now behind and who the party rigged the primaries for. She’s the Hillary who was smart enough to pick a loser like Bernie Sanders to be her Potemkin opponent for the nomination to guarantee herself a win…but she was foolish enough to almost let that blow up in her face too. She really did come close to losing again in 2016 like she did in 2008, and she would have lost to a pathetic creature instead of the charismatic star that was Barack Obama. Like him or not, he really was lighting in a bottle back in 2008 and even his critics must admit that. The fact he came damn close to losing the nomination to Hillary and would have if not for super delegates shows that Hillary was pretty formidable herself back then.
I don’t even know how to articulate the emotions I feel right now. It’s just all so damn strange. I feel like we are finally getting the general election with Hillary that we were deprived of in 2008…only it’s BizarroWorld because this is not the election that was scripted for her to win. John McCain was chosen by the parties for him to lose and for the Democrat to win in 2008. In 2012, the party decided that the Democrats would win again and so they ran Romney to lose to Obama. In 2016, the parties wanted Democrats to win again and decided it was indeed Hillary’s turn…and it was supposed to be Jeb Bush who would lose to her. But everything got turned upside down and Donald Trump yanked the nomination away from the establishment.
And damn it if I don’t love everything that Trump has to say. Especially because I am a gay man and Muslims kill gay men all over the world and Democrats will never do a damn thing about it. I believe that Trump will, though. I feel that stopping Islam and forcing the Media to start admitting that Muslims’ killing of gays is wrong is the great civil rights fight of our time, to save my gay brothers and sisters from death sentences in every Muslim country (and here in the West as well, wherever Muslims target gays for death).
Trump is the only person in decades to go up against political correctness in the way that I have long wanted political correctness to be taken on and destroyed. Trump is the only person who will ever speak the truth about Islam and the horrors it spreads wherever it goes.
The Establishment in politics must be destroyed. The Media as we know it must be destroyed. We need to return power to the people and oust scores of awful people from elected office at the state and local level. I feel that our government has gotten so corrupt that we need the equivalent of Hercules cleaning out the filth-caked stables by diverting a giant river.
I feel that Trump has accepted the challenge of channeling the public into that river to sweep Washington clean. I do not believe that Hillary wants to do that and does not want the system to change or the Establishment to fall. The Establishment fell in line behind her and gave her the nomination and saved her when the Sanders “revolution” for a brief moment felt like it could topple her. Hillary owes lots of people who made this happen for her…and Huma’s always doing whatever mysterious things that Huma is up to behind the scenes that concern me, because I believe that Huma’s orders come from Riyadh and none of them are good for Americans (or gay people, since Saudis are behind colonizing the West with Islam).
So, here I am. Watching the woman I fought so hard to make President in 2008 finally landing the nomination…and I feel what? I don’t know the word for how I feel!
Hillary wants to bring in more Muslims, but Muslims kill gays and I don’t want gays to be killed. I sure don’t want to be killed, and I live in a big city with two radical mosques that Muslims always have on their radar. So many attacks on Chicago have been stopped but it’s only a matter of time before Muslims from that Orland Park mosque in particular succeed in causing mayhem and death here in Chicagoland. Democrats refuse to stop any of this.
Hillary wants to import more Spanish speakers because the Establishment wants cheap labor and Democrats want a permanent Spanish-Speaking underclass to control forever as slaves. I don’t want any of this.
Hillary wants to let Saudi Arabia have great control over America. I want the Saudi royal family to be toppled and the West to finally fight WWIII against Islam and wipe Islam’s influence out of every Western country the same way that the West defeated fascism in the 1940s.
Hillary wants to send more American jobs overseas because the Clinton Foundation has promised to do this but I want to see America prosper and not become the Third World.
Hillary wants the borders erased but I want that wall built and I want Mexico to be taught a lesson that it is NOT a colonial power that can dictate to us and dump its worst people on us for us to have to pay for. Why can’t America have the same immigration policy that Harvard has for its admissions? Harvard and Yale do not take everyone who applies and wants to come there. They do not give everything free to anyone who sets foot on their grounds. They are selective. They take only the best. To gain admittance, you must follow rules and wait in line and obey procedures. Why can’t immigrants from the Third World meet a similar process for admission to the US?
I am so diametrically opposed to all the things that Hillary and Democrats want to do to America that there’s no way I can support this woman today…even though I will forever remain grateful to the version of her who was so kind to me back in 2008 when I was nobody important and she didn’t have to even talk to me, let alone be so engaged and supportive.
I just think this is all so strange and wish she didn’t run for President again. I wish she had done something else with her life and gone back to helping children, which is what my Grandma Emma so admired about her before. I wish that the 2008 Hillary Clinton was still around because I do not like this 2016 version.
And I have been disgusted with her nominating convention, even if I have been proud and delighted to see here and there some old faces from the 2008 days appear on the screen. I’m happy for Hillary loyalists who feel redeemed and victorious that she finally got the nomination this year. I also like that she did succeed in becoming the first female presidential nominee of a major party. She achieved that. She will always have that. She made history for herself.
But she’s going to lose this election to Donald Trump and America will be better off for it when that happens.
Emotionally, I just think this is all so tragic. It’s been a living hell for me. I take punches from all sides, every day, because of all this. I mostly just want it all to stop and for it to be November already and for Trump to have won and for the Hillary days to be over and for her to settle into retirement, whatever that will be for her. I want America to move on from the Clintons so that I can move on too. This is not the ending I wanted to an adventure that began with such hope and promise way back in 1991…but it’s how things worked out. There is no joy in it for anyone as far as I can tell.
It is what it is.
WHAT: Day 3 coverage of the Democrat Convention in Philadelphia, 7/27/16
WHERE: Live streamed on CSPAN and also on YouTube via official channel
WHEN: Coverage begins at 330pmCST on 7/27/16
WHY: Because someone has to watch 7+ hours of this garbage so that you don’t have to and can just read the notes and be all caught up. This is my gift to you, because we are friends like this. I must really like you.
1. Before we get started today, I would like to ask you to please watch Donald Trump’s press conference from this morning. It’s one of the best pressers I’ve ever seen. It is truly devastating for Democrats that he does this. No presidential candidate has ever been this blunt and frank. The Media is refusing to cover any of this, of course, but I know through social media all of this is going to get out. Please watch it and then share the video with others. Trump starts speaking at about the 33:20-mark.
2. The next video that you need to watch is of Susan Sarandon being interviewed by some Bernie Sanders guy. I swear to you, for the first time in your lives it is worth listening to Susan Sarandon. Some fascinating things happen in this interview. Trust me.
3. Just a few housekeeping notes: in case it’s not obvious, I write this live stream as it happens, as things unfold, in real time. So there will be spelling and other mistakes in this that I would not normally make. I’m not going to come back to this later and correct anything…and if I type something and don’t know how to spell it, I won’t have time to look that person’s name up because I’m literally watching the convention unfold as I’m typing. I am just not fast enough with the computering and the Interwebbing and all of that to be juggling more than two windows open at a time. I will have this screen open to be able to type on HB for you and another screen open with either the YouTube or the CSPAN feed…and that’s it. I wish I was able to write this live and not have any typos and all that, but I’m 40 now and doing the best that I can in a world that technologically moves way too fast for me. I am a pretty damn fast typist though (thank you, Sister Adelaide at the Immaculate Conception School) so I’ll try to get as much information for you as possible as things unfold. This is not meant to be a transcript though. It’s notes, reflections, and screen grabs as things happen. I want you to have a feel for what went on during the Convention so you don’t have to watch 7 hours of archived video feed…but I am not creating a definitive historical record here. I am a gay guy typing this out in Boystown, not the Librarian of Congress in Washington.
4. This is the stream I am watching:
5. These are the speakers listed for today:
6. If you missed coverage of any of the previous days, you can find it here.
7. 339pmCST Sheila Jackson Lee from Texas. Says she is a breast cancer survivor. She’s from Houston. She is wearing a giant green flower on her shoulder. Back in 2008, Sheila Jackson Lee was one of Hillary’s best surrogates…she kept appearing for Hillary at events in Indiana and beyond even though she was being threatened by the Obama campaign and his cult to stop helping Hillary. She was called “Aunt Jane” and the nastiest things imaginable were said about her. She and Stephanie Tubbs Jones stood by Hillary even though all the backstabbing black members of Congress left Hillary and went to Obama. So, sometimes Sheila Jackson Lee says crazy things and she’s no doubt as corrupt as most black members of Congress…but this woman was BRAVE back in 2008. It was clear that the DNC was not going to allow Hillary to win, so everyone who stayed with Hillary back then was told their careers would be destroyed and they would be punished and lose everything if they did not get behind Obama. Sheila Jackson Lee and Stephanie Tubbs Jones said F-U to the Obamas. This is who Sheila Jackson Lee will always be to me. No matter what else she says or does. Today, she was just shouting a bunch of generic stuff. Nothing of note.
8. Some woman wearing a tablecloth from New Mexico. She says she wants equal pay and all the abortions she can have. Again, I don’t believe that “women paid less” thing is true. But, if it is true…then why the hell didn’t Obama fix that in the last 8 years? Or why the hell did that happen if the Clintons were in the White House for 8 years in the 1990s. None of this makes any sense. Then she talks about old people and how they are a burden when they get old and people need help caring for them. She says that Hillary will fight for people. They keep saying that, but what does it really mean? This is like saying that things in a restaurant are “delicious.” Well, what does that mean? What’s delicious mean? What does “she will fight for you” mean? Who is she fighting? Is she literally fighting, like with a metal pipe or a bat or a gun? What does any of this mean?
9. Sherlock Holmes Norton from DC? She’s here to spout more garbage about DC needing to be a state. Again, the Constitution set DC up as a federal capital. The people in DC should see themselves as being serviced by the Senators of Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, etc. DC should never be a state. All Democrats want is to get 2 more Senators and one more member of Congress. That’s what this is about. That’s why they push it. Claims that Hillary will push for DC statehood.
10. Adam Schiff from California: said ISIS is murderous at 354pmCST. First mention of ISIS today. Says Trump has no vision and is just angry. I don’t think Democrats realize how angry everyone in this country is because of what Democrats have done to the world in the last 8 years. Says Trump just has bluster and tirades. This guy talks like he has eaten a handful of horse tranquilizers. He is so low-energy, he is no energy. No wonder he didn’t even make the list of official speakers. Who is this speech for? Not sure what the point of a lot of this is, really. Are they supposed to be talking to people who are undecided? This guy talking about immigrants…but no Democrat will ever talk about the fact that there are people who do not follow the laws that are in place…and that’s not fair to the people who DID follow the rules. That’s the problem, but Democrats refuse to admit it. To me, that’s like being an alcoholic and refusing to admit that you have a drinking problem. You will never get better unless you admit that booze is a problem for you.
11. Maxine Waters from California. This is another person who is a clown, but she will always have a place in my heart for what she did in 1998 during the Clinton Impeachment. She really let the hypocrites in the GOP have it. They were saying that Bill Clinton should resign because he had an affair…but then she called out different Republicans who had had affairs and told them that they had to resign. “You resign! You resign! You resign!” It was great theater. There was a guy, Bob Johnson I think, who was supposed to become Speaker after Gingrich resigned…but he had an affair and so he had to resign because of Maxine Waters. And then Dennis Hastert became Speaker. Maxine Waters had that role in history, causing that Bob Johnson to never become Speaker. This little clown from California did that. Today she’s just shouting nonsense though. Just the same stuff that was shouted yesterday.
12. Some abortionist is on now, from NARAL. She said she was pregnant years ago and decided she wanted to kill her baby. So she murdered it at a clinic near her. Her husband and her later had another baby that they did not kill. She says that it’s not that bad girls get abortions and good girls have families, but that good girls can kill their babies too. She says that some women would not make good mothers or are not ready so they should kill their babies. Makes no mention of adoption. Claims that Trump thinks breasts are disgusting. Says that Mike Pence is a villain because he does not like that some women kill babies. One lie that they like to tell is that they claim that abortions are needed to save mothers’ lives, but that’s not true. They always say this, but it’s not true. There are no instances where this is true, that a woman can only be saved if the baby is killed. That’s not how biology works. The opposite can be true: where the baby can only be saved if the mother dies, and the mother would sacrifice herself for the baby. But it’s not true that a baby growing inside a woman would ever need to be murdered so that the mother could live. A baby is not a tumor. A baby does not kill her or his mother. Fitting that this woman dressed all in red. Red like blood. Satan’s prom date.
13. Black Man from Florida speaks. Father was a construction worker and mother was a school bus driver. Listen to how many of these people say what their parents did for a living. Why does any of that matter? It’s almost like they look down on people whose parents weren’t janitors or garbagemen or whatever. None of them come out and say “My father was an accountant and my mother was a dentist.” They would be booed if they said that. He says that Hillary has shown her “SHRENTH.” I hope he talks about her SHRUGGLES next. He says he is the mayor of Tallahassee, Florida. He is very low-key. They don’t let any blacks talk who come off as angry. The only blacks allowed to talk at the DNC must be like Carlton from Fresh Prince. The Spanish-speakers are allowed to be angry though when they shout in Spanish, but the DNC only lets the meek Carlton blacks talk. At least the black men anyway. But even Sheila Jackson Lee and Maxine Waters were muted and controlled.
14. VIDEO: about why Asians should get on the Democrat plantation and always vote Democrat. It’s grievance-mongering. Saying that Asians were abused in the past and, like blacks, should never let the past go. The Democrat Party really is about re-opening old wounds, stoking grievances, rehashing old anguish, etc. Making new generations hate other people based on manufactured anger that Democrats use to control people. But no solution is ever given how to get past any of this. Democrats don’t want to get past any of this. They always want people to be angry, to hate each other, and to stay in little identity boxes so they can be used as chess pieces against other groups. This is all hyphenated-American garbage.
15. Judy Chu says she is first Chinese woman elected to Congress. She calls herself a trailblazer. AAPI = Asian American Pacific Islander. A new identity box that Democrats want to cultivate. Says that Hillary “will fight for us” (again never saying what that means). It’s just something they say over and over again. Promises that Hillary will allow millions more immigrants to come from Asia. At some point, why do we need more people? Remember in the 1970s and 1980s, white people were told that they should not have children because the world was overpopulated. My parents and all their friends only had one kid…and I grew up with mostly only children in my grade school and high school classes. White people listened and didn’t have more than one kid because they were told that the world would end because of overpopulation. But, now here we are in 2016 and Democrats want as many people as possible to come here from Asia, Africa, the Middle East, and South America. This was all really just about wiping out white people and depopulating Europe so the Third World could replace Western nations. The United Nations has to be behind all of this. The UN is controlled by the Third World, and the Third World seems to have outsmarted the West for sure. Judy Chu has been going on for a while and now is talking about finding the cure for cancer in the memory of someone or another. If we did not spend so much money on bringing in new people here, we would have more money to spend on cancer research. Then Maizy Something or Another speaks. She’s a Senator from Hawaii. Then a white woman who looks as Asian as Elizabeth Warren looks Native American speaks, says she is from Guam. Then there’s a man who says he is a Gaysian and is Congress. After that is some man who says he is the only SouthAsian in the Congress. After a while, this hyphenating stuff gets so exhausting. “I am the first gay, left-handed, Filipino-Swedish-Lebanese, Congress critter who was born on a Tuesday and has severe halitosis and got a C+ in coloring in grade school.” When does it stop? When will it end?
16. Democrats are really big on not seeing people as just Americans. Everyone has to be carved down into very specific little boxes.
17. A woman who had a stroke is here to talk about recovering from a stroke. Do you remember the weirdness that happened in like 2009 or 2010? Something happened to Hillary when she was Secretary of State and she fell that one time…then she disappeared for a while and made no appearances for a long time. And even now, she does not do interviews that are live and doesn’t do press conferences. I wonder if she had a stroke of some kind or there’s some other problem. This woman speaking seems very nice. She had a stroke not long after starting a company. Had to relearn how to speak and eat and write. This is brutal. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. So I give this woman a lot of credit for recovering. But, now she is going on about the Great North Carolina Transgender Bathroom War. She says she is embarrassed of North Carolina because of the bathrooms thing. Somehow, she thinks that Mike Pence is the great villain of the Transgender Bathroom War. All of this is so crazy. This is the 2016 version of Binders Full of Women.
18. Bill deBlasio from New York. He was Hillary’s campaign manager in 1999 for her first Senate run. He’s talking about Hillary working at Children’s Defense Fund. Here’s the thing: you should read It Takes A Village and you should also read the works of Marian Wright Edelman. You will not like to hear this, but Hillary Clinton did a lot of good in the 1970s and 1980s for children. It really is true that she could have gone and worked in a big firm and make a lot of money. But she didn’t do that. She went to work to help kids instead. It was not a trick. It was not part of a long term genius master plan. Look at how inept her 2008 campaign was and how badly run her 2016 campaign is: if she really was a super genius Machiavellian, would she have run such lousy campaigns and made so many dumb mistakes? She is not a genius or a psychic. There are two Hillarys: there is the Good Hillary that existed in the 1970s and 1980s up through 1993. And then there is the Hillary of Today. However you define her. But she’s not the same person she was when she was working with Marian Wright Edelman. THAT Hillary, the original one, is the one that matches up with all her friends here in Chicago that I got to know during the 2008 campaign. These people are wonderful. And they match with the version of Hillary that helped all those kids. The Hillary that is involved in Clinton Foundation financial shenanigans and Huma Abedin and all of that is a different person. It’s just unfortunate for everyone that the Hillary that is running for president is THIS PERSON and not the one who helped all the kids. DeBlasio has been attacking Trump. Says that he calls women pigs. Well, I hate to say this, but some people are pigs. I think that DeBlasio is a pig and a crook. I think he is under investigation again too. He says that Trump is scary. He talks in a monotone. All of these speeches are just repeating the same things. They really come at this from no new angles. I think they know that no one but me watches all of these hours and hours of footage.
19. Marsha Fudge is back. With the IN MEMORIUM reel for Democrats who died since the last convention. This is very much like the Oscars. But, they put Nelson Mandela in there? He’s not a Democrat. He was not an American. So that was strange. It ends with Muhammad Ali. Boy they really love Mario Cuomo. They are always going on about him. I don’t get it. What was so great about him? They also honored Jane Byrne, which is strange…she is the most hated Mayor of Chicago ever and Democrats try to forget her. They also honored Marion Barry, Ed Koch, Carl Stokes…and then Seth Rich, who was mysteriously murdered a few weeks ago.
That Seth Rich murder has to be linked to the DNC Leaks hack. He was out at 430am. Doing something. And then he was murdered…and shortly after that, the DNC emails were hacked, weren’t they? That can’t be a coincidence. That guy would have had the passwords to the system. Was he murdered for the passwords? Is anyone checking into that?
20. Ben Ray Lujan of New Mexico. Just the usual stuff about being a Latino. Speaking English, but slowing down mid-sentence to say certain words with a weird flourish. Not sure why they have to do this, but Spanish speakers love doing it. I think it’s obnoxious. He rambles about some great grandfather who was a miner or a factory worker or a mule rider or something. He calls Trump a bully and a racist. He speaks Spanish for a while. Spanish is the language of poverty. If you come from somewhere else and speak Spanish, you are choosing to leave that someplace else and come here because the place you left is not as good as here. Leave the Spanish behind. Spanish keeps people poor. No culture that speaks Spanish is successful or prosperous. There’s something about Spanish and the cultures that speak it that is dysfunctional and broken. Leave the Spanish behind. Learn English. English is the language of success. Spanish is the language of poverty.
22. A big theme for Democrats: dividing people up, emphasizing the HYPHENS, splitting people into little boxes. People are not just Americans. Democrats insist they have to be hyphenated into as many smaller boxes as possible.
23. I’m serious. I think that Seth Rich was murdered because of all those emails. Either the hackers murdered him to get his passwords to be able to hack the DNC, or he was murdered by the DNC because he was the leaker. This death is just so strange. Can’t be another magical coincidence. Was it Arkancide? Did this guy get killed because he was leaking the truth about what DNC did to Bernie Sanders?
24.CREEPY VIDEO = they showed some really creepy video with people talking with monster voices. Robert Rodriguez, who makes scary movies, made this little film. So no wonder it was creepy. I think he is the guy behind vampire movie Dusk till Dawn. Then an Indian from Palm Springs, California talks. Then a black lesbian speaks. She says she is queer (uses that word). I don’t like that word. Then they have a Muslim woman speak. Like all Muslims, she says and does nothing to stop the killing of gay people by Muslims. She just does what Muslims always do: tell you that if you have a problem with all the murdering that Muslims do then you are an islamophobe.
25. Democrats saying they are the party of immigrants. The logic on that is that shouldn’t people born in this country have a party? It’s a colonization situation: people are born here and live here…but then other people want to come. Are the people who are born in a place not allowed to have a say about who is coming to live there next? Why do the immigrants and the colonists have all the power? They then had a weird song they played with all the immigrants on the stage. It sounds like people stoned in 1972 wrote it. Great time for a snack break.
26. Jesse Jackson comes out. Band plays “Call Me Al.” Why? Why call him Al? He’s Jesse. He’s mumbling and rambling. He’s very hard to understand. Jesse says it’s insulting to want border controls and limits to immigration. But, unchecked immigration hurts black people most of all. Jesse won’t do anything to stop that. Claims that there has not been a single job lost while Obama president. Just shamelessly lying. Part of what he says rhymes, part doesn’t. He says today is the Super Bowl. It’s dark, but also morning. Calls Hillary’s VP “Tom Kaine.” No one can remember this guy’s name! Then he does the weirdest chant ever: it’s hope time, healing time, Hillarying time.
27. Star Jones from The View. Looks like Ursula the Sea Witch from a high school production of Little Mermaid. Wears a medal she gave to herself. Says that Hillary is most qualified person ever for president. That would come as news to George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Dwight Eisenhower, etc. She introduces a video about Flint, Michigan. Water situation.
28. Mayor of Flint, Michigan comes out. If they were smart, they would have had Erin Brockovich come talk about the water. People would have liked that. This woman is a good speaker though. I didn’t catch her name. Karen Drivers maybe? Says the whole community was poisoned. Water is still not safe to drink or cook with. Infrastructure broken. All of the Detroit area and all of Michigan ruined by Democrats and unions. People need to see that. Nothing will get better as long as these people keep voting Democrat. Why hasn’t Obama helped Flint? There is a Democrat in the White House now. Is he powerless? If he isn’t fixing this, how can Hillary?
29. Then there was a parade of black people in Congress, set to jazzy music as they strolled across the stage, some dancing. It was like a low-key episode of Soul Train without Don Cornelius raising the roof. G.K. Butterball from North Carolina talking. I’m guessing this segment will be every shameless clown they could round up to call Trump a racist. Andre Carver (Carter?) from Indiana says he is a Muslim but then attacks Mike Pence for not being for gay marriage…but, Muslims kill gays. How can you be Muslim and then attack someone for not being for gay marriage? Muslims hate gays. Some Angry Black Woman says Democrats embrace the whole rainbow…but that’s not true. They do not embrace the whole ideological rainbow. They want their minorities to only be Democrats. They hate any that think for themselves. Then some other guy, from New York, says that Charlie Rangle is “a giant”…and then pronounces “Secretary” as “Suckatarry.” Also “subarban” instead of “suburban.” Woman in white coat looks like nurse or doctor who came to collect these people and bring them back to their mental ward. Sheila Jackson Lee looks like Weezy Jefferson. Woman in white said her mother was the Unabomber. That can’t be right. Una Something. Lots of name dropping of Barbara Jordan and Shirley Chisholm. Congressman Meeks (not David Meeks) talks. He says that Trump doesn’t pay people. He says Trump University was a sham. Says that Trump says he is always right.
30. President of Emily’s Lisp. Ironically, doesn’t speak with lisp. Talks about how abortions are great. Says that Trump thinks some women are fat pigs and disgusting. But, Rosie O’Donnell is a pig. Her behavior is porcine.
31. VIDEO: Harry Reid bought his mother teeth. His mother had no teeth. So he bought her teeth. This is not a joke. This is the video they played. Then Harry Reid comes out and speaks. He says that any criticism of Obama is slandering him because he is black. He calls any opposition to Obama “hate.”
32. Some woman has a Hillary voodoo doll she is shaking.
33. Gavin Newsom. Says Trump needed more science in his speech. Says that Peter Thiel is not real gay man because he spoke at GOP convention. Then goes into rant about Mike Pence. They really want to make Pence into some kind of anti-gay monster. Republicans need to talk about Islam killing gays, since Democrats love Islam so much.
34. ANOTHER WEIRD COMEDY VIDEO attacking Trump. Falls flat.
35. Reuben Sandwich, some kind of Congressman. Used to be a Marine. Talks about all the white boys he met in the Marines. He drones on about something as I get lost in images of all their shower time towel-snapping antics during boot camp. He just shouted all the generic stuff they said before. Hillary will fight for you. Muslims not bad. Immigration laws should not be followed. Abortion is fun and profitable. All of that.
36. VIDEO: About man in Iraq. Hillary increased military survivors’ benefits to $100,000 from $12,000.
37. Mayor of Detroit…and he’s a white guy! Says Detroit is coming out of bankruptcy and getting better. I still think it is Satan’s Diaper. He says that 14 million new jobs are in Detroit with new auto plants. Is that true or is it lies? He says unemployment rate cut in half.
38. Martin O’Malley. Says ISIS at 624pm CST. Second mention tonight. He talks to audience like we are children. At times, he sounds like he’s doing a Ted Kennedy impression. He was in the Democrat race so briefly that it’s hard to remember that he ran for President this year too. He does this thing where he talks quietly…then a little louder…then he screams. Like Howard Dean talks. Says Hillary Clinton believes in science. Says Donald Trump is a bully racist who does not believe in science. Then shouts a bunch of other agit prop that the base likes.
39. Sigourney Weaver. Says the earth is going to explode and we are all going to die because of Global Warming. Says that Hillary Clinton cares about Global Warming and is taking a stand. This is all so childish when you really listen to it. Then, Weaver narrated an apocalyptic video about the planet ending because of Global Warming. In reality, the sun controls our climate. The sun fluctuates. Earth gets warmer and cooler in relation to the sun’s activity. Democrats do not want to admit this.
40. Jerry Brown. Proselytizes for Global Warming. Says if you don’t believe in it, you are stupid. No mention of all the rigged data and all the scams busted with data rigging. People in “climate study” programs are caught being activists and advocates, not researchers. Jerry Brown doesn’t acknowledge any of this. All of this is just a UN instituted measure to destroy the economies of the West and transfer wealth to the Third World. Democrats really want to go after anyone who does not toe the line on Global Warming. They are like Joe McCarthy with this.
41. Lee Daniels, who made that boring The Butler movie. Talks about all his shruggles. All the woe and trouble he’s seen. People dying. Others being locked up. It’s a real downer. No real reason to vote for Hillary, other than there are lots of problems. But Obama is president…why didn’t he solve those problems? No one ever gets to that.
42. Mother of gay man murdered by Muslims in Orlando speaks. Democrats never do anything about Muslims killing gays all around the world. This woman says nothing about Islam or the ideology behind the massacre. She just focuses on guns. The reason Orlando happened was ISLAM.
43. Senator Chris Murphy Connecticut = talking about Sandy Hook. More stuff about wanting to take away the Second Amendment. Democrats really want to take away guns so that the people have no way to stand up to the government. There’s a big section of Hillary’s America that is all about this. When Democrats see tragedy, they see opportunity. Another opportunity to take away Americans’ rights.
44. VIDEO: About Sandy Hook. Woman talks about mother who was killed. Remember on Monday? Michelle Obama told stories about her daughters being protected by guys with big guns. Hillary Clinton is protected by SS with guns. So, Democrat elite can have guns…but regular people cannot.
45. Charles Ramsey, Philadelphia Police Commissioner. Talks about cops he’s known that were killed by guns. But, doesn’t Europe ban guns? Yet, Muslims get guns and kill Europeans. So…if keeping guns out of hands of law abiding people doesn’t work, then what are Democrats trying to do?
46. Angela Bassett. Comes out and reads a bunch of names. Not sure why she’s hear, but damn if she is not gorgeous. Then people whose relatives died because of guns talked and said that guns are bad.
47. Navy Captain speaks now. He is the son of two NYC police officers. Used to be an astronaut. Says he went up to space to see blue marbles and shrinking rain forests. He is Gabby Giffords’ husband. Time to trot her out to do her thing.
48. Dead air for five minutes. Democrat Convention has lots of these spaces without anything happening, no one on stage. GOP did not have this.
49. Musical performance by Broadway stars, including Audra MacDonald. Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars) was there too, for some reason. Then they did the YMCA dance.
50. VIDEO: Mitt Romney talking about why Trump should not be president.
51. Some man with gray hair is talking about Law & Order. Talks about international law. Why do Democrats want to put that above American law? This guy lies. He says Trump invited Russia to hack us. You can watch the press conference at the top of this post. What Trump said was that if Russia had Hillary’s missing emails then he should give them to the FBI. Because what’s in those emails are things that the DNC does not want people to see.
52. TWITTER reporting that the WikiLeaks people have released voicemails from the DNC. No idea what is in them, but if WikiLeaks structured it that the emails were released first then the voicemails will be worse.
53. A Woman Who Was in the Military speaks. She says she trusts Hillary Clinton to be commander in chief. Another very low energy speaker. I actually think that Hillary would be FASTER to send troops into war and get into military conflicts to prove herself. Prove a woman president can be military leader.
54. Leon Panetta. Says he wants Hillary Clinton to be president. I always forget what he did, but it was something. I want to say CIA director under Obama? But I think he did things during Clinton administration too. Makes weird jokes. Says that Islam is being perverted, when in reality Islam itself is perverted and is an ideological death cult bent on world conquest. Panetta is one of those people who think that Islam is the religion of peace…but wherever Islam is the majority, it is just death and destruction and murder of gays. Panetta lies. Says that Donald Trump told Russia to hack us. That’s not what happened at all. Shameless liar. Panetta actually felt like he was threatening Trump at one point, saying that he cannot become Commander in Chief. Feels like former CIA Director was threatening him. Crowd was chanting something the whole time: was it LIAR, LIAR, LIAR?
55. Jill Biden. I think she said she’s been first lady for the last 8 years, but I could be wrong. Maybe she said she was second lady, but that term is almost never used. I’ve never heard any of them call themselves second lady. Tipper Gore and Liz Cheney never did that. She’s talking about Joe Biden. They play a video about him.
56. On Twitter, people are saying that all the Bernie Sanders people have been stripped of credentials and barred from convention tonight. If that is true, it is shocking.
57. Joe Biden. He enters to Rocky theme. Joe Biden says he loves us. He loves us, he loves us, he loves us. He says that he is family with the Obamas now. He is their brother now. He says Michelle Obama is incredible. Goes on about her for a while. Then spots Chris Dodd and recognizes him. Dodd and Ted Kennedy once assaulted a waitress in a DC restaurant in the 1980s (Waitress Sandwich Scandal). Then talks about his son Beau. Slips in that lie about teachers having to buy school supplies for kids. If that’s really true, then why didn’t Obama ever stop that? Democrats never fix that…just always say it every 4 years. Biden said that Hillary and he used to have breakfast together. While Biden was talking, more like rambling, I wondered why Al Gore was not here for the big Global Warming Apocalypse Night. Biden starts shouting about how it is wrong for Trump to say You’re Fired. Says that no party nominee has ever known less than Trump. They just say this stuff. I always have trouble taking Biden seriously. He is forever the Ice Cream Man to me, double fisting it at the DQ.
58. Mayor Kassim Reed of Atlanta. Comes out to creepy music. Says Atlanta burned to the ground and rose again from ashes. He says some angry things, shouts a little, repeats stale attacks, then introduces Michael Bloomberg.
59. Michael Bloomberg walks out to 1970s game show music. He is pure camp. Sounds like Liberace/Paul Linde. Has such a strange voice. He’s hard to take seriously after that debacle years ago, when he was in his sunny beach palace in Bermuda when NYC was buried under mountains of snow. Some leader. He tries to say that Trump doesn’t understand creating jobs, but Hillary Clinton knows how to create jobs. How is that true? Bloomberg says this is not Reality Television. This is reality. Remember that Mike Bloomberg wanted the Ground Zero Mosque to be built in New York City. He was all for that. He wanted that built. He loved the idea.
60. 845pmCST Another lame comedy video, like from the Daily Show. Then it ends and there’s dead air as band sets up or something. You’d think Democrats could stage manage professional event without dead air. GOP convention had NO DEAD AIR like this.
61. Lenny Kravitz concert for no reason. He makes it feel like we are watching Saturday Night Live. You know how after the musical guest is on, there will be no more good sketches? It’s all downhill from there. It feels like that SECOND musical guest break. Only stinker sketches/speeches after this.
62. Then they play that weird “This is our fight song” song again. I have no idea who any of these people are.
63. Some guy who looks like he is wearing a disguise in a bad movie. He introduces video about Tim Kaine. The narrator sounds like a whispering, obscene caller. “Are you alone? Do you know where the children are? I’m calling from inside the house!” Creepy.
64. Time Kaine sets off my gaydar. He rolls his eyes like Agnes Moorhead playing Endora on Bewitched.
Says his motto in school was “men for others”. So he married a woman. He gibbers in Spanish for a while then. When he comes back to English, he goes through his resume. Nothing is really interesting. He has a really weird voice. His eyebrows are weird when he talks. He reminds me of someone from a Nick at Night tee-vee show. Throughout his speech he breaks into Spanish. Boy do I hate that. I will never vote for any ticket where they speak Spanish instead of English to people. I hate this so much. Spanish is the language of poverty.
Here’s when Tim Kaine was young: he would have been the belle of the ball at any gay bar in the 1980s. He was CUTE. He’s trying to mock Donald Trump and doing a weird comedy routine. But it’s really lame. Someone is going to take all of his remarks where he’s mocking Trump and string it together to make him look stupid. But, damn was he handsome years ago. He really sucks though because he keeps speaking Spanish. Gave a Spanish lesson, teaching some words. Americans don’t need to learn Spanish. Immigrants need to learn English and forget Spanish. They used that eMail looking backdrop again too. Look at all the TPP signs.
65. Some old lady from Ohio comes out. She is a gold star mom. Talks about Obama. Says he hugged her. That hug convinced her to run for the school board. Not sure what the point of this was. Feels like they just let people walk in off the street and take the microphone. Then a VIDEO about Obama plays. It is pure propaganda. If you want the truth about the Obama presidency, read Matt Margolis’ excellent book, The Worst President in History.
66. America’s first closeted gay biracial president comes out to speak (but not come out).
Do you really want me to recap what he says? I’ll just give you the gist of it because I think he’s so obnoxious to listen to. I bet it will be a speech mostly about him, because he loves to talk about himself. Reminiscing about first time people fell in love with him, back in Boston in 2004. Pretending that everything is fine and we are not in an economic depression right now.
Meanwhile, Twitter’s saying there is commotion and mass arrests happening in Philly outside the Convention Center. Are riots starting? I hope not. It’s scary if violence happens at the convention. I hope law enforcement shuts that down fast.
Looking for clues if they are laying foundation for Michelle to run for Senate in Illinois. Rumor is that Dick Durbin will run for governor in 2018. If he wins, he will appoint Michelle to be his replacement in Senate. Durbin’s Senate term goes to 2020.
Takes Obama until 1006pm to mention Hillary’s name. How long did he talk about himself before that?
Talking about 2008. Said Hillary was like Ginger Rogers, doing things backwards and in heels.
This is interesting: Obama says ISIL, not ISIS. Says it for first time at 1015pm CST. I think there were at most 3 mentions of ISIS/ISIL at DNC tonight. They almost never talked about terrorism. And they never called it Islamic terrorism. Totally avoid that word.
Obama runs through weak sales pitch of Hillary as Secretary of State. Then goes into attacks on Trump. Meanwhile, in Philly, violence is escalating outside the convention. People throwing things at police over fences.
Obama talks a long time. Says democracy is tough because there is another side and it stalls.
1028pm CST, he starts up his YES WE CAN CHANT. Says, “Not Yes She Can, but YES WE CAN.” Weird thing to say. He really didn’t say much about Hillary. This was mostly just all about him. Then starts talking about his grandparents in Kansas again. Remember his grandmother died mysteriously the night he won the election in 2008?
The speech went on and on. He brought out all his old tropes. Talking about himself. Some painting of an owl he has. It’s very little about Hillary. Just about him.
At the end, he does the fake black preacher thing he likes to do. Then Signed, Sealed, Delivered plays again. They did that for Michelle on Monday too. That’s their theme song.
Hillary Clinton then appears and the two of them hug. You can tell they hate each other. She resents him still for taking her presidency 8 years ago. He hates having to do this for her.
Hillary is dressed like a giant blueberry from Willy Wonkaland. She’s like the shark from JAWS: she appears only in glimpses during the whole convention. Waiting to strike tomorrow in full reveal. I think this is all meant to stoke anticipation but to me it feels like she doesn’t give a shit about anyone there and doesn’t care to talk to them at her own convention. Feels like being a bad host at a party, ignoring all the guests.
Then they have a chubby Mexican who looks like Chastity Bono do the prayer, of course breaking into damn Spanish here and there. Spanish, the language of poverty. Democrats, the party that wants to keep people poor by speaking Spanish.
Marsha Fudge then does a wrap-up of this episode. Saying the convention is closed for the night.
— Tune in tomorrow for the last day of the Convention. Coverage starts at 430pm CST, 7/28/16 —
DID YOU ENJOY OUR COVERAGE? If so, please let me know in comments, tweet me on the Twitters, or send me an email. If you’d like to see more coverage from us during this election, also let us know. I don’t mind doing any of this as long as you get something useful out of it. I think of you as a friend, and as a friend if you find the coverage interesting and amusing, I’ll do it for you through the election…including the debates and the other events. As long as good people out there get something out of this and appreciate it, then it’s worth my time to do this for you.
If you like the writing here, then I think you would really enjoy the first book that I have out with my friend Megan Fox: SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. Together, we achieved a lifelong goal of mine: to star in a 1980s mystery-solving show. It’s like Hart to Hart, but with a whimsical gay guy instead of Robert Wagner and a brash homeschooling mom in the suburbs in place of Stephanie Powers. There’s a little bit of Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Murder, She Wrote, Hardcastle & McCormack, Scooby Doo, and other 80s shows in there too. Of all the oddball things that I’ve ever gotten mixed up in and of all the adventures I’ve ever had, this was my favorite one: Megan and I stumbling into a years-long cover-up in the suburbs, where she and I busted public officials for hiding sex crimes that happened in the public library…and then when they were caught they came at us with everything short of murder to shut us up. The entire suburban government was in on it…and very powerful people wanted their library to continue to be used as a place where men could masturbate in the open (around children!), stalk women, access child pornography on government computers, and do other horrible things. Megan and I forced the government to stop doing the awful things it was doing…and the local police and public officials came at us for two years to punish us for upsetting the apple cart and disrupting what had been going on in the affluent Chicago suburb of Orland Park.
It is the strangest damn story you will ever read. It is not a boring political book, though you will learn a lot about local politics. Because we busted a bad public library and also exposed horrible things that the American Library Association has been doing, the ALA has made us the #1 Banned Book in the country. They are actively trying to keep our book out of public libraries near you.
You would be doing me the biggest favor in the world if you would ask your local public library to purchase our book for its collection. Your library has a form and/or someone to email to request a book for purchase. So far, our book is now in 6 different libraries in Illinois. I’d love to see it on the shelves in other states. If you read our book (and I hope you do!), I’d also appreciate an HONEST review from you. Even if you didn’t like it. The ALA has been encouraging its members to write fake, negative, 1-star reviews to tank our book…so librarians who have never read it are giving it bad reviews (without ever even opening a copy!). So, people who’ve actually read it need to review it with their HONEST opinions. And don’t spare my feelings. Honey, after all these years, I don’t have any feelings left. I’m just very proud of this book and proud of the work I did with my friend Megan Fox and so glad to have had this adventure with her in Chicago’s suburbs. Because we are friends like that, I’d really like you to share in it with us and would like to hear your opinion afterwards.
BY: Megan Fox & Kevin DuJan
WorldCat: OCLC 951988951
WHAT: Day Two of coverage of the Democrats’ convention in Philly, 7/26/16
WHERE: Live stream found at CSPAN or on YouTube via the official convention site
WHEN: Convention resumes at 3pm CST and will go to 11pmCST+
WHY: Because we are friends like this, I am subjecting myself to gavel to gavel coverage. So that you don’t have to watch it all and can just read my notes. Don’t say I never did anything for you and I don’t care, because clearly I do. We are friends like that.
1. First, I just wonder how women feel about guys like the one above, the cute little blonde Bernie Sanders man-child who was crying in his Peter Pan hat during the convention last night. My boyfriend Justin hates when I talk about stuff like this (“Don’t tell them that!” he says), but I am not disgusted by grown men crying in public. I admit that I respond to it, and that my natural impulse is to comfort this guy, give him some milk and cookies, and then maybe call his mom and tell her that he needs her help because he is having a horrible, awful, no-good, bad day. If he was crying on the CTA trains or something, I would stop and talk to him and try to make him feel better. I don’t know how I feel about our society changing from one where men were never allowed to cry or show vulnerability to one where Millennial guys are crying all the time, even for stupid things like not being able to find the Pokemon GO character they wanted to find in the abandoned salvage yard or toxic waste dump or wherever they are looking for Pokemons. This guy — whom someone dubbed “Sobin Hood” on Twitter — is an adorable little cookie-nibbler whose world came to an end last night when Bernie Sanders sold-out and pretty much admitted that he had lied to his followers. There was no political revolution. Just an old man who craved attention and took advantage of gullible snowflakes on college campuses…but in the end surrendered to the machine instead of battling it out to the end. Sobin Hood (another name I liked was Peter Panic) allowed his emotions to flash raw across his face on live television for the world to see. Does that make him less of a man? Well, yes, of course it does. There’s nothing manly about crying your eyes out on the tee-vee because an elderly socialist man has broken up with you and all your friends.
2. This is a few days old, but it’s Michael Moore saying why Trump will win. I think that Michael Moore’s right about all of it. The biggest thing that’s most obvious is that there is no excitement for Hillary and the only thing people can say is that it’s time to have a woman president or that they’d want to see a woman president or it’s Hillary’s turn to be president. None of that is a good reason for her to be president. And this is coming from someone who sunk everything he had in 2008 into making her president. This 2016 election was supposed to be between Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, in which case Hillary would have won. I will let you in on a little secret: Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush would be the same person in the White House…and their presidencies would have been exactly the same. They are both pro-Saudi Arabia, pro-Islam, and pro-Open Borders. Hillary and Democrats want the American people demographically replaced by Third Worlders because they want Democrats to have more votes and become a permanent majority; Jeb Bush and Republicans like him want the American people demographically replaced by Third Worlders because the Chamber of Commerce wants unlimited cheap labor and wages cratering. Cocktail Party Republicans don’t care if they become a permanent political minority, because they see themselves in a future that is based on India’s caste system, where the wealthy elite rule like Brahmins and Americans are poor, uneducated, Spanish-speaking, and are easily controlled. Hillary and Jeb want the same future. The plan was for Jeb to lose gracefully to her in 2016, for her to make him Secretary of State, and then for Jeb to get to be a wonderful bipartisan future in the New America where no Republican could ever win a presidential election again anyway due to all the unconstrained colonization from the Third World. The fix was in. The American people were supposed to be quiet and acquiesce to all of this and be good little frogs boiling slowly and without complaint in the pot that Hillary and Jeb set for them. Trump has upended that and given Americans a chance to seize their own destiny and battle back against the elites’ plan to turn America into a Third World plantation. Americans do not want to be impoverished. We do not want to switch to speaking Spanish, which is the language of poverty. We do not want to see America transform into a Latin American country, with all the accompanying corruption and control by an elite. Even Michael Moore sees the people’s rebellion against what Hillary/Jeb and those who support them both have been planning. Trump is going to win, and he’s going to win big. The frogs have not been boiled and have realized what’s happening before it was too late.
3. Lee Stranahan at Breitbart is reporting that Philly is ripe for a riot. The contrast between the Democrat and the Republican parties cannot be more clear. Republicans showed who they were in Cleveland. It was just like any Tea Party event I’ve ever seen: thousands of Republicans descend on a place and they leave it cleaner and nicer than how they found it. In contrast, when thousands of Democrats come to an area…they leave filth, destruction, garbage, and a giant ugly mess. This is a stark difference between the types of people drawn to each party. At some point in life, you need to decide what group of people you want to be a part of. I am not sure why anyone would ever want to affiliate with Democrats once they realize the sort of people that Democrats are and the things that they do.
4. Wow. Democrats screwed over the Sanders people again today by playing paperwork games to prevent a challenge to Tim Kaine as the VP candidate that Hillary wants. I hope that Sanders people don’t just take this without a fight and wimp out. They should really protest this. If there is a procedure for challenging the VP pick — and Tim Kaine is certainly a lackluster and unacceptable VP pick to many — then the convention should allow the challenge and go through those motions and mechanisms. It should not be okay for the DNC to just silence everyone by fiat through various games-playing. At some point, the games-playing needs to be challenged and exposed. Will the Sanders “revolution” do so or will it wimp out again?
5. Trump has started calling her “Hillary Rotten Clinton.” It’s funny but I’ve never heard that one in all these years. How is it possible that no one has ever said that before? That has a cleverness to it that will catch on. Notice that Hillary dropped the “Rodham” from her name completely in recent years, but some people believed she’d go by the name “Hillary Rodham” if she was elected president. But that surprise would not be made until after the election. She would want to be president under her own name, not her husband’s. Her husband and his name were just something she used to fulfill what she saw as her destiny. Dinesh D’Souza’s movie Hillary’s America got into a lot of this. It is worth your time to go see it in a theater…and I encourage you to spend the money and see it in a theater because it would be nice for this movie to get a big box office haul. Going to a movie is extremely rare for me because it is just so expensive…but I really enjoyed handing over my money yesterday for Hillary’s America. I doubt I will see another movie in theaters all summer, but I am glad that I saw this one and paid admission for it so that I contributed to the box office numbers. It’s nice when a Dinesh D’Souza movie makes a big splash and eclipses the latest efforts by Michael Moore.
6. Again, to me this is so obvious but I think that conservatives have trouble understanding the games that Democrats play. Bernie Sanders was always in on it, even if his supporters were duped and didn’t understand. Since she lost the 2008 to an upstart who came out of nowhere, Hillary Clinton wanted to make sure that the nomination could not be taken away from her again in 2016. The Clintons then looked for a candidate to run against her in the primary who would lose to Hillary. She could not run unopposed. They had to have a warm body…but not one who would beat her like Obama did. So, no one young. A young opponent would make Hillary look ancient. She needed someone so old that he would look like he had one foot in the grave…which would make blonde Hillary look youthful in comparison. She also needed someone who was scary to Americans and who was to the far, far Left. That would make people look at Hillary and say, “She’s not that bad! At least she’s not him!” The Clintons found this perfect primary opponent in Bernie Sanders, who agreed to play the game and do his part to get Hillary to the nomination.
Again, I repeat, SANDERS WAS ALWAYS IN ON THIS. In exchange for being the Washington Generals to Hillary’s Globetrotters (the team that would go up agains the Harlem Globetrotters during their shows, pretending to be a real team, but just being a choreographed foil that allowed the Globetrotters to shine), Sanders would get national attention, money, perks like private jets, a platform to spout his nonsense for a while, and then probably some job in a Clinton Cabinet…and of course a book deal and whatever else he wanted back in Vermont. It was win-win for everyone. Hillary would get the nomination (FINALLY!), the DNC would get a primary contest that it controlled (and heal some wounds from Hillary being denied nomination in 2008), and Bernie Sanders would get attention that he craved.
But, the problem was that the Clintons did not realize how FAR LEFT the Democrat Party had truly lurched. This is like a food truck that has a few leftover ingredients in the back at the end of a night, throws them together, and is SHOCKED that there are lines around the block full of young people BEGGING to be served what they dished up by happenstance. No one predicted that Bernie Sanders — an octogenarian socialist with shock white hair who looks like a troll from under a bridge — would become a cult figure greater than Obama was back in 2008. Hillary Clinton was destined/cursed to always be up against people who became larger than life when running against her in national races. This is totally not what she experienced when she ran for Senate all those years ago. She could not control the process any more.
At some point, I think Sanders got full of himself and had a big head and thought he could actually win the nomination. The DNC was never going to let this happen. This reminds me of House of Cards’ latest season. On that show, Kevin Spacey played a president who manipulates the nominating process…and more than one of his pawns tries to rebel against him and break free and snatch the prize away from him. He crushes them all in the end, but there are some very dramatic moments. This is what happened to Hillary this year. She came close to losing control a few times, but the nomination was always rigged. The DNC Leaks prove that.
What the Bernie Sanders cult doesn’t seem to understand though is that Bernie Sanders was always in on this. He is not a victim of anything. He was a willing and well-compensated participant. That’s why he had no complaints last night. He got what he was promised, even though he ended up having a much larger and more spectacular role in proceedings than he ever could have imagined. He sold out and caved and gave in because he always intended to do that.
He was never a champion of his cult and he never cared about his supporters. He always had this deal with the Clintons and he played his role with gusto…but it was always a role he was playing and he never intended to win because he was never supposed to win.
I thought this was obvious to people. It’s sure obvious to me and anyone who’s ever studied the Clintons or the DNC.
7. How great was it to see Susan Sarandon looking sick and shaking her head all night? I hope she shows up again this evening and behaves the same way. It was so much fun watching her have the worst night ever.
8. The crazy is now live-streaming. You can watch it all here. I think they archive it in the same link when the convention is over.
9. After being criticized yesterday for not having any American flags anywhere (but plenty of Mexican and Muslim flags), Democrats went to an Army surplus store or Walgreens or something and got a few flags to strategically place around the stage. Funny how they don’t think to do things like this on their own…they only put flags up when criticized for not having them. The rest of the set still looks like a gay bathhouse in the 1990s…which is ironic because neither of Barack Obama’s conventions had a set like that, yet the convention nominating the first woman candidate is staged to look like the interior of Steamworks in Boystown.
10. Here are the scheduled speakers today. Which will be your favorites? Who will say the craziest things or shout the most? Will there be any drama during the roll call of the states? Will the Sanders cult just quiet down, accept their place, and slink into a corner because the DNC told them to or do they have any fight and life in them?
11. Some people on Twitter sending around really effective graphics about the DNC convention.
12. 332pm CST. Marsha Fudge is back. Telling everyone to come to order. It’s time to catch Carmen Sandiego once and for all! Yesterday, the Sanders cultists were very rude to her and would boo her and not let her talk.
13. Black Muslim then comes out and speaks. Democrats feel this should be a Muslim country. Islam has enslaved black people for centuries. Black people are foolish to support Islam. If Islam conquers the world, black people will be made slaves by Muslims. They are useful idiots to help Islam expand now. Gay people are fools to support Democrats in any way, since Democrats push Islam…and Islam kills gays. Why help the people who help the people who want to kill gays and enslave blacks? This Black Muslim did the thing where they say any criticism of Islam is “islamophobia.” So, when Muslims kill people anywhere or blow something else, you are not allowed to talk about it. Imagine if during WWII if whenever the Germans or Japanese blew something up and killed people you were not allowed to talk about it. We are in the last days of political correctness with this stuff. At some point soon, people will say ENOUGH! just as they told Charles Lindbergh ENOUGH! and told him to shut up and sit down with his nonsense in the 1930s/1940s.
14. Handicapped people singing the National Anthem. Because with Democrats it can’t ever just be a good singer. It has to be a blind person. Or a deaf person. Or someone born without a spleen who has tragically and bravely SHRUGGLED. It’s not about someone’s merit or what they can do, but the identity of the person and how that person checks off DIVERSITY! boxes.
15. Tom Harkin comes onto stage. Music played for him was from some old dating game show in the 1970s. They keep claiming that people somewhere are paid below the minimum wage, but how is that possible? How is anyone allowed to pay less than minimum wage? This is like when teachers claim they have to buy their own school supplies. They say that. People hear it and say ‘that’s terrible.’ But is it true? Is that really happening? What the heck are those supplies and are they really needed if the schools won’t pay for them? Who are all these people who claim they are being paid less than minimum wage? Why don’t we ever hear from them and why don’t they ever identify the employers who are allegedly doing this? And after 8 years of Democrats being in the White House, why is this happening? Why haven’t Democrats stopped this while they were in control?
16. This is funny. People noticed that Fauxcahontas looked like she was standing in front of giant eMail clipart from the early 1990s last night. I know this was an accident. But it is really funny. Will they use that backdrop again tonight? I doubt it.
17. Allison Lumberjack Grime from Kentucky is talking. She looks like a third runner-up on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Says she has known Hillary for 20 years. Met her at the Lincoln Memorial in 1993. Hillary then kept writing and calling her. That seems weird. Did Hillary just hang out there on the steps, talking to young girls and then writing to them for years? That’s strange. Says that Hillary calls her whenever someone dies. Hillary somehow knows whenever anything bad happens to her and calls her. Does anyone wonder if Hillary causes bad things to happen just so she can call this woman? Says that Hillary loves eating buffalo wings with her. Starts shouting about some kind of Bedwetter Act, which is a family issue and a woman issue. Voting rights = if you paid debt to society, should not take vote away from felons. This is the woman who ran against Mitch McConnell and lost. Just a fashion tip here: but when you buy a tube of lipstick, you are not supposed to use it all at once. It’s like Drain-o. It’s not supposed to be used in one day; there’s at least two days’ worth when you buy it. You don’t have to put all the lipstick on at once. It doesn’t spoil. You can save some for later.
18. 354pm CST. Crowd is shouting HILLARY, HILLARY, HILLARY. Fudge comes back and says she has the nominating documents. Says it is time to move to the nominating speeches. Sanders’ supporters go first.
19. Representative Tulsi Gabler from Hawaii comes to talk about Sanders. She’s wearing a big string of popcorn around her neck, like a necklace. Like the kind that you would put on a Victorian Christmas tree. She says that Sanders is all about aloha. When you hurt and the earth hurts, Bernie hurts. He is a movement of love. Must care for families torn apart by criminal justice system (but not criminals). Destructive trade deals. Care for those scraping by at minimum wage and crippled by college debt. Care about environment and future generations. Lives lost and ruined by regime change wars. Says inadequate care and delays at the VA. Movement of love and compassion bigger than anyone. Speaks to nation’s conscience and to our hearts. Love opens eyes to truths. Every hungry child is my child. Every worker who wants dignity of job is my neighbor. Every senior citizen is my parent. Attack on anyone is an attack on all of us. If that’s true, then why don’t Democrats do a damn thing about Muslims killing gays around the world? So tired of them ignoring this. She quotes Ghandi. Something about history. Says movement powered by love can never be stopped. Nominates Bernie Sanders for President of the United States. All the Sanders people go nuts cheering.
20. Union Member Paul Feeney comes out next. He is easily 500 pounds. Says that we are all brothers and sisters. Listen to how the union people all use that terminology. They always call each other brothers and sisters, like how they use the word “comrades” on the tee-vee show The Americans. Says the revolution needs the brothers and sisters to stay together. People powered politics. Movements are made of a series of moments — my brothers and sisters — we stand on the verge of nominating our glorious socialist candidate. Bernie signs filled this hall — my brothers and sisters — and we should be proud to share this moment together and have a movement together. It’s all very similar to Russian-wording. But, I don’t get how the unions want to allow all the cheap foreign labor to flood in and take jobs away from union members. How do they square that circle?
21. Shyla Nelson from Vermont. Says she feels burned. Wanted to take country back from millionaires and billionaires. End Citizen’s United. Wants $15 minimum wage and debt-free college. Breaking up big banks (like the one whose convention center they are standing in). CLIMATE JUSTICE. Man who launched revolution was Bernie Sanders. It’s really funny they don’t realize he was in on the primary rigging from the beginning. He always knew he was just a character for Hillary to run against to make her look more electable/normal. All of these people are fools, but Shyla says she is proud of herself. She says that people demanded change. She is proud of Bernie. His revolution continues. They really like the word REVOLUTION and cheer loudly for that. Says they will never stop working for future they believe in. Never stop fighting for change they need. Listen to how it’s all platitudes. Very generic. Never forget the man who leads us. Leads them where? Over a cliff? She seconds the nomination of Bernie Sanders, her friend and hero.
22. Fudge has to tell the Sanders people to be quiet so they can continue. They were cheering for a good 5 minutes.
23. Barbara Mikulski from Maryland comes to nominate Hillary. Fun fact: in 2000, Bill Clinton wanted Mikulski to run as Al Gore’s VP, but Gore chose Leiberman. To my knowledge, Mikulski is the last surviving Munchin from Munchkinland in Wizard of Oz. Says she is nominating Hillary Clinton to be the first woman president. Shouting into microphone. Says that Hillary will break barriers and you can count on her. Says Hillary will fight for day to day needs, will fight for better macaroni and cheese for people (what?). Says kids will have really good future. Equal pay for equal work (they always say this, but if this is true then why don’t Democrats ever fix it). Hillary will light you up and light up the light in you. She is doody driven and a leader. She has eyes and sees the barriers ahead. She nominates Hillary for president.
24. John Lewis comes out next to second the nomination. He’s who Democrats always drag out to accuse people of racism. He has a voice that sounds like Little Richard. White people love when he starts singing in the middle of speaking, because it feels like they are in a black church and white people love that. John Lewis says everyone is going to shatter the glass ceiling up in here again, in Am-ur-ika. Says Hillary is most qualified candidate to ever run for president. Says she is leader in the wind breaking down the dividers. She is smart, so smart, could have done anything with her life but she didn’t want to do just anything she wanted to do good. His voice rises and falls and he makes noises like he is taking through puppets that only he can see. He goes through a list of injustices and claims racism is all over the place, people not getting paid, etc…but who the hell is in the White House? If this stuff keeps happening and Democrats are already in office, then what is the point? If none of this ever changes and it’s always the same thing, then why vote Democrat since they never change it?
25. Nails Amaru from New York. Says she was born on a dirt floor somewhere, she doesn’t know where. She was an immigrant who was raised by two women somewhere. See what they did? Woman = Mikulski. Black = John Lewis. Gay connection and Latina = Amaru. They always plan it out like this. Not just three people speaking. But, they have to check off the boxes. As many boxes as possible. Lots of violent imagery. Broken glass. Destroy. Breaking. Has lived all over the place, says she knows what connects us. Telling people to text Hillary on the phone (why?). She says she was born into poverty but is now nominating Hillary for prez. Immigrant. Combat Veteran. Latina. Child of lesbians. See what they did there? They are really into this. As many boxes as possible.
26. Rollcall vote of the states. I usually really enjoy this…but it takes hours. Wonder if this will go peaceful or if Sanders folks will go nuts. Stephanie Rowlings Blake (Mayor of Baltimore, I think) conducts Roll Call. She looks just like Kerri Washington from Scandal.
Alabama (60) = says they are the state of champions. Comes as news to other states.
Alaska (20) = claims they are on the front lines of climate change because the ocean is rising and they are drowning. Woman stutters and stammers through her speech. Says Alaska recently discovered it is an Arctic nation and is proud of that.
American Samoa (11) = speaks gibberish for a while. Says they have clean air there and the sun sets there.
Arizona = says they are the state of Cesar Chavez and some lady who is really old, over 100 years old.
Whenever the states are called out, it’s like Oprah shouting “YOU GET A CAR!”
Arkansas = So far, they let the black and other minorities stand next to the white person talking, but the white person always talks every time. Why is that? Shouting into microphone, says names of his granddaughters like it is the Oscars speeches.
California = Jerry Brown talking, with Nancy Pelosi next to him. Pelosi looks like she has dementia and doesn’t know where she is or why people are cheering.
Colorado = Mad Hatter is there for announcement.
Connecticut = the constipation state. Had a walk out and a sit in. Home of pizza an hamburger. Boy this woman has a weird voice. Sounds like bad actress in SNL skit. Says Connecticut loves Obamacare. Can’t get enough.
Delaware = Home of Joe Biden. Are they proud of that? For reals? Says that Joe Biden is beloved VP. Really?
Democrats Abroad = 8.7 million Americans outside the US. But, how are they abroad if they are here in Philly for convention? Larry Sanders casts the final vote. He’s not the guy that Gary Shandling played on tee-vee, but Bernie’s brother. He talks like he has marbles in his mouth. He’s crying while talking. I guess he is proud of his brother, but his brother didn’t win anything so what’s to be proud of?
District of Columbia = first black person allowed to speak. Says DC will be 51st state. She doesn’t seem to understand how the Constitution set up the government. DC is supposed to be federal capital, not part of any state.
Florida = White woman speaking, while black people have to stand next to her smiling.
Georgia = Old fat white man talking, surrounded by black people not allowed to speak. Talks about Dr. King and John Lewis. And Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn Carter. Says that Georgia is a battleground going blue.
Guam = white woman gets to speak; little Asian people surrounding her get to smile. Says they want self determination and self governance.
Hawaii = white man speaks, surrounded by Asians. Birthplace of Obama. Says they have 100% clean energy. Claims Bernie Sanders has revolution that will continue.
Idaho = He da hoe.
Illinois = Mike Madigan talking. His daughter is our Attorney General. The woman with white hair is Hillary Clinton’s best friend since childhood, Betsy Ebeling. Let me tell you: I got to meet Betsy many times during 2008, she is one of the most WONDERFUL people alive. She is an amazing and kind woman. It is WONDERFUL that Betsy got to do this for Hillary. Imagine being able to do this for your best friend for 60 years. Whatever you say about Hillary, her friends are wonderful here in Illinois. Some truly terrific people. And she has been friends with them since childhood.
Indiana = they have a black man shouting about Obama being first black president. Does an Apprentice skit, saying Donald Trump and Mike Pence should be fired. They talk for a long time.
Iowa = says there was a woman who passed the bar in Iowa once. Then some union guy gets on and shouts. Blonde woman then shouts about Iowa being where it all started. When are we going to stop allowing Iowa to always be first?
Kansas = Black woman saying Kansas is the birthplace of Stanley Ann Durham, mother of Obama. Says they have courageous third graders there and have jayhawks and shockers and wildcats. Then old guy drones on names of various elected people.
Kentucky = bourbon, whiskey, Muhammad Ali.
Louisiana = says stop talking about Katrina already. Melting pot of cultures. Love rap and mardi gras.
Maine = says they have forests, lobsters, LL Bean, and Stephen King, Maine not voted Republican in 30 years. Something is wrong with me because I think this guy is kind of nerdy cute. I like nerdy cute guys and/or lumberjacks. I can’t explain it. Don’t make me choose.
Maryland = they let black man speak there. Home of Naval academy. Other things. Crabs. Barbara Mikulski.
Massachusetts = some guy who talks funny. Says first state for gay marriage. Talks about Kennedys. I don’t see any Kennedys there tonight though. Where’s Sour Caroline?
Michigan = Great Lakes state. They used to make things there.
Minnesota = state of Prince’s purple rain. State of Walter Mondale, first person to lose 49 states.
Mississippi =Blues, BB King, Elvis Presley.
Missouri = This is rich. Claire McCaskill, who stabbed Hillary in the back in 2008, is speaking for Missouri.
Montana = Looks like Santa and Mrs. Claus. Says they will send first Native American to Congress.
Nebraska = they do this weird thing where they split the electoral vote, part of state votes one way and part the other. Called her “The Honest Hillary Clinton.”
Nevada = silver state. A spirit as wild and free as their mustaches. Says the capital is now Carson City.
New Hampshire = has town called Unity where they make people endorse their opponents when they lose. This man was nervous and shouting.
New Jersey = that little goblin Bob Melendez is there. Says it is the only state with two senators. That makes no sense. Maybe I missed something. Says he wants state to start revolution. He’s really having trouble reading.
New Mexico = has lap dances, entrepreneurs come join them. First Native American party chair. Says they have red and green chili there. Rio Grande used to be big river. Breaking Bad the show is about New Mexico.
New York = Andrew Cuomo shouts. Proud supporter of both organized crime and Puerto Rico. Charles Rangle. Says home of Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton. Which is true I guess, but they have several home states depending on what day it is.
North Carolina = tar heels and BBQ. The Transgender Bathroom War State.
North Dakota = something about beautiful tribal nations. Said the lily white blonde girl.
Ohio = my home state. Have a lawyer who worked on gay marriage case.
Oklahoma = old white woman says she is the Grand Matriarch of the Cherokee Nation. Then the had black man who sounds just like Morgan Freeman.
Oregon = from some river to some other river, four million people live there. Animals and trees there too.
Pennsylvania = Teen Wolf, the governor of commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico = shouting in Spanish, something about Ricky Martin
Rhode Island = home of people who you’ve never heard of. They have CVS drug stores there. Other stuff.
South Carolina = palmetto state, lots of slaves were there. Why do they always have to go on about slaves? Aren’t there other things to talk about?
South Dakota = Mount Rushmore and George McGovern. Affirmative Action was designed there or something.
Tennessee = No mention of Al Gore.
Texas =LBJ, Barbara Jordan, Ann Richards, and the Castro Brothers.
Utah = beehive state. Has five parks. It snows there. People volunteer for stuff.
Vermont = PASSED
Virgin Islands = America’s Caribbean, home of Alexander Hamilton
Virginia = sucked on helium balloon before talking. Squeaky voice like a mouse. Says Time Kaine is from there. Who? Oh, yah. That guy chosen for VP.
Washington = has Muslim woman prominently out front.
Clinton is already technically nominee at this point…has the numbers already.
West Virginia = almost heaven, practically hell.
Wisconsin = Tammy Baldwin. Badger state. Cheese. Was a Hillary surrogate during 2008.
Wyoming = wearing black lives matter shirts.
Vermont = disheveled woman who looks like unabomber. Is that his wife? I’ve never seen his wife, so could be. Rambling about Joe McCarthy.
Sanders then takes the microphone. Moves all votes cast be reflected and Hillary Clinton be selected as nominee at 554pm CST on 7/26/16.
Weird: Hillary refused to appear to accept nomination. Says she will give speech on Thursday.
27. Terry McAullauffe speaks = says we have the first woman nominee in history. Hillary used to play mermaid in his pool (he really said this). Called his son Jack on the phone once. Says Trump needs to go back to bankrupt casinos. Claims Virginia has ended homelessness and discrimination. Really? Says he wants felons to vote because history tells us that felons will vote Democrat, so let them vote. More work to be done destroying Virginia. Need president to tackle the Global Warming that they claim is happening.
28. VIDEO about women in Congress. More of this “don’t turn back the clock” stuff they say. Who wants to turn back the clock? What clock? How do you even do that?
29. Nancy Pelosi and women from the House: have not heard her speak in years. She slurs her words now, like she has either been drinking or she has early stage dementia. Supposedly all the Dem women in the House are up there. Ugh. Jan Schakowsky is up there too, speaking. She’s one of the worst people to ever be in Congress. Nancy Pelosi stood behind the person speaking and would read the Teleprompter too…mouthing the words behind them. It was weird. Makes me think her mind is really going. I think the first mention of ISIS at the Democrat Convention came at 620pm CST by some woman in green running for Congress from Florida. She mentioned ISIS needing to be defeated. This was supposed to be women only on the stage, but it looks like some drag queens snuck in there.
30. Ugh. Jimmy Carter’s grandson. He was introduced to the tune of the Designing Women theme song. Says Jimmy Carter is still alive. He wants Hillary to be president. He’s not dead yet so stop saying he is. Then Jimmy Carter appears via video. He says nothing interesting or relevant.
31. Chuck Schemer from New York. I find this man so repugnant. He comes off as such a slime ball. I also think he reminds me of Granpa Munster. He’s very sedate tonight. Just saying lots of general things: Hillary is a fighter, he knows her from NY and from the Senate. They really hate Citizens United and want that overturned. They want Open Borders/No Borders. Anyone who will vote Democrat needs to come in.
32. Look at all the things that the Media is not showing from Philly.
33. They’re doing more of those Daily Show comedy style bits that fall flat. I don’t think they know that they are not funny.
34. Actress Elizabeth Banks is on. She’s not funny either. I really like her usually but might have to rethink that now. She seems like she’s drunk. Says she was on date when they went to hear Bill Clinton speak and saw a spider. Hillary worked in a law firm once, fought for children. Has never let up. Then they show a video. I don’t think these videos showing Hillary through the years are smart: she was a lot better years ago, sharper, more on point. Man who is social worker then comes out and talks about Hillary fighting for kids. Hillary went undercover to bust segregation for the Children’s Defense Fund. A lot of this is in It Takes A Village. This is really nice segment with real people talking about what Hillary did many years ago in Arkansas to help kids. Hillary really did all of these things. This was something great she was all about years ago. She lost her way from this stuff. She should have stuck to this.
35. Donna Brazile is up at 651pm CST. Howard Dean and Donna Brazile made sure that Hillary Clinton lost the nomination in 2008. Now here she is, trying to get herself off the enemy’s list. Talking about Hillary’s accomplishments with children through the years. Increasing healthcare for children. Working with getting children rights. Donna Brazile starts screaming and shouting at one point. Announces she is the incoming chair of the DNC. Promises to make it a party that people can be proud of.
36. 656pm CST, video about some school in New York that tried to stop gangs. David Banks, Eagle Academy in New York. Says NY’s prison population came from just 7 neighborhoods. Odds stacked against kids. Educating young men to keep out of gangs. Says Hillary was with them from the very beginning. Earliest champion. Addressing crisis facing young men of color. Says Hillary came to their graduation ceremony. They say the Invictus prayer every day to inspire them.
37. More dead air. Just Elizabeth Banks standing there. Killing time. Now talking about Justice System letting people down. Social Justice will be Hillary’s next fight. Another video: about systemic racism supposedly plaguing our country.
38. 706pm CST: Eric Holder is up now. One of our worst and most racist Attorney Generals in history. Allowed the Black Panthers to run wild. Allowed IRS to target Tea Party groups. Was wildly partisan and discriminatory as AG. A shameful, shameful man. He claims that voter ID is like a poll tax. In reality, Democrats just don’t want people to have to show ID because that prevents voter fraud. Wants people turning 18 to be automatically registered to vote. Democrats are not really interested in people having the right to vote but more so that Democrats can get as many votes as possible, whether they are legitimate or not.
39. Pittsburgh Police Chief speaks. Gets no applause. Talks about erosion of public trust in police. Dr. King said true peace is not the absence of tension but the presence of justice. Says that communities are safer than ever before but people do not trust police any more. Ferguson created tension, while at same time there is work going on to improve relationships that people don’t see. Pittsburgh working to reduce violence. This guy is such a low-energy speaker. I know that conservatives like to say that the police are always right, but I have to say that Megan Fox and I were harassed for two years by the police in Orland Park to chase us off our investigation into corruption there. Police are not always good and not always right. The erosion of trust in the police began with the police. The solution to the problem is the police admitting they are wrong sometimes and getting rid of bad cops from their own ranks.
40. While Holder and Pittsburgh police guy talked, outside the Media was ignoring big Black Lives Matter protest.
41. Tony Goldwyn from Scandal is talking. He is a man who plays a President on the tee-vee. This starts the big SOCIAL JUSTICE section of the convention. Video plays with “Mothers of the Movement.”
42. Mothers of people killed by police speak, wearing big red glitter flowers. Republicans need to see that there indeed are bad cops out there. The problem is that good cops stay quiet. There are police who trample civil rights for the fun of it. They do it for the power. Police need to respect the Constitution and civil rights. And when a bad cop does something that violates the law and civil rights, that cop should be held accountable. Not protected by Code of Silence and covered up.
43. Moms saying that Hillary Clinton not afraid to say that Black Lives Matter. Not afraid to say that the police need to respect the law and civil rights. Most police are good people doing a good job. It’s just the few bad apples out there who need to be dealt with. But other cops look the other way and protect the bad ones.
44. Then they had a singer who must be famous but I have no idea who this is. Gorgeous, gorgeous voice though.
45. Elizabeth Banks again. Says women do not get equal pay. Complains that women are not allowed to drink alcohol in Ikea and then have to apologize. That was a joke that went flat.
46. One of the most evil people on the planet, Cecile Richards from Planned Parenthood. These monsters abort black babies most of all. Go watch Hillary’s America. There is a big section in there on Margaret Sanger wanting to eliminate black people by way of abortion. Planned Parenthood doesn’t have the best interests of women in mind. They want babies to be killed so that the body parts can be sold for profits. Planned Parenthood offices are in black areas, targeting black people for eradication, and Planned Parenthood sells the body parts. They are ghouls and racists.
47. Lena Dunham and America Ferrara. America was one of Hillary’s best surrogates in 2008. She is a very nice person. I met her several times in 2008. I have nothing nice to say about Lena Dunham though, because she is a grotesque pig. Dunham admitted to molesting her sister. Yet, she’s speaking here at the DNC in Philly. Would any male who admitted molesting a child be invited to speak? Besides Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, that is.
48. Steve Benjamin, Mayor of Columbia South Carolina. He’s very low energy. Says he introduced his daughters to Hillary and told her that she would be president. Then he says he loves his daughters. What was the point of that?
49. Barbara Boxer from California comes out to heavy metal music. Why? She’s dressed like she thinks she is at the Oscars. Talks about being family with Hillary; some relative of hers is married to some relative of Hillary’s. Boxer is just recycling a lot of what was said before: $15/hour minimum wage, abortions for everyone, etc.
50. Grace from Will & Grace is on now. She introduces video about 9/11. Saudi Arabia was behind 9/11. Hillary Clinton has a Saudi agent working for her in Huma. Hillary will never tell the truth about what the Saudis did in the lead up to 9/11. We really need a government that would be honest about the Saudis. A cop from 9/11 speaks for Hillary as Senator and a woman who worked at Cantor Fitzgerald and survived also speaks for her character. For those who don’t know, Cantor Fitzgerald was the company that was DEVASTATED because most of its employees were killed on 9/11. Then some Congressman from New York talks about 9/11. Here’s the thing: Hillary does a great job on the one on one level and in following up with people. She really does have a big heart and cares and has a great memory. But this is after the fact stuff: she was not in a command center for 9/11…she was a Senator helping her constituents after the fact. She deserves BIG PRAISE for helping them, because most Senators do not help anyone. She didn’t have to do anything, but she did. She really did fight for those people in New York.
51. Elizabeth Banks, acting like an awards-show host, now introduces the Hillarycare section of the evening. Video plays about Hillary’s work with healthcare.
52. Some other actress comes on. Said she wanted to be like The Jeffersons and not Good Times. Then a man talks about how Hillary remembers things years later. Makes you feel like she cares and remembers you. She really does do that.
53. Ugh. Howard Dean. Man who, along with Donna Brazile, kept Hillary from being nominee in 2008. I hate that he is still handsome. He looks the same as he did in 2004. I don’t think anyone remembers who he was, but he ran for president against John Kerry and he self-destructed by making a weird scream after the Iowa caucus. It was a complete nuclear meltdown. Kerry then went on to win the election. In 2008, Howard Dean and Donna Brazile both wanted Obama to run and really cut Hillary off at the knees to push Obama. I think he is here trying to get off the enemy’s list. Howard Dean said ISIS at 837pm CST. That I think is only the second time that the word ISIS was said at the Democrat convention. OMG…he does the DEAN SCREAM SPEECH!!!!!!!! But he left off the YEARGGGGGH!!!! at the end. He has a sense of humor. Curse you for being so sexy, you sexy and horrible man you.
54. Elizabeth Banks is back hosting again. Talking about Hillary being Secretary of State. Introduces a video. This video is all garbage. Trying to pretend that Hillary had accomplishments as Secretary of State. But she didn’t. Foreign policy during Obama Regime was unmitigated disaster. No way to polish that up.
55. Amy Klobuchar from Minnesota. Shouts into microphone. Talks about some man who raped someone. Then says that Hillary talked in China about women needing to be protected from human trafficking. Said that was really brave. But was it? ISIS selling girls for $65. No mention at all about Muslims killing gays. Hillary never did a thing to stop that. No Democrat ever will. Klobuchar just screams and shouts with a monotone. Not a good public speaker. They bring out a woman who was kept as a domestic slave in Beverly Hills. Was brought her to be a slave for rich Democrats. This is all really depressing. Is it necessary? Do you trust Democrats to stop any of this?
56. Madeleine Albright comes out to Billy Joel music. Still wearing those American eagle pins she loves to wear. Talked about going to Prague with Hillary, meeting Vaclav Havel. She shouts into the microphone. Weird remark: she said Trump damaged country by running for president. Offended Muslims. Encouraging countries to get nukes. (really? when did that happen?) Says that Trump loves dictators. Wow, Albright accused Putin of hacking DNC emails to help Trump. WOW. She did that. She’s going to catch a lot of hell over that.
57. Bill Clinton video plays now. Talks about what world was like in the 1990s with the Clintons in the White House.
58. Bill Clinton comes out. Talks about meeting Hillary. Saw her, kind of stalked her, wanted to meet her. In library, she asked him not to keep staring. She introduced herself. “I’m Hillary Rodham, who are you?” He went with her to register for classes. But he had already registered. Then they went to the art museum and were laughing. They were crying together this morning. Some guy had died. Drove her to Park Ridge Illinois and met her family. Talks about Hillary doing various volunteer jobs, going to Alaska to fly fish, working with Marian Wright Edelman, working in child resources center. Determined back then to make things better. Public service by private citizens. Went to work at exposing segregated schools. Her undercover work gave Marian Wright Edelman what she needed to force Nixon to take away tax credits. Went to Texas to register Mexicans to vote. Last year in law school, went to South Carolina to see why so many black boys were going to men’s prisons. Working with these various programs. Bill trying to get her to marry him. Proposed on trip to Great Britain and she said no. Went home in 1974 and Hillary went to Massachusetts. Kept working on children’s issues, why children in census not in school. Filed report and it influenced Congress to look at children with disabilities having access to education. Bill eventually got her to move to Arkansas to be with him. It was culture shock. Got married in 1975. Bought little house. She chose him, rejected his advice to pursue her own career. Moved to Little Rock. Arkansas Advocates for Family and Children. 1979 rural health committee. Trained nurse practitioners for places with no doctors. Talked about Chelsea and Hillary being a mom. Then Bill went year by year through both of their careers, in exhausting detail. The speech is on YouTube if you want to listen to it. Frankly, I’ve heard a lot of these stories before through the years. Bill tells them at fundraisers. He likes telling these stories. 1988, 1990, 1992…up to 1997 at 938pm CST. Talking about Chelsea and Hillary being a mom. Bill talks about Michelle Obama being good mom. Flash forward to 1999….he skipped over Monica and the impeachment. Jumped over to Chelsea in college and Hillary running for Senate, Hillary in Senate. Bill says that people just made up a cartoon about Hillary and that’s not the real her. People nominated the real woman for President, not the cartoon. Bill just said that he wants Muslims in America. No mention of ISIS. Bills’s speech then just kind of ends and he walks off stage and leaves.
59. Elizabeth Banks makes this feel like a pledge drive. Keeps coming out and telling people to pledge or send money to campaign. Then says that celebrities and singers are coming up next. Just like PBS pledge drive.
60. Are these celebrities now? Who are these people? They act like this is a big deal they made this. But regular people don’t care about this stuff. It’s jus dumb.
61. Why is Meryl Streep here? She shouts out long list of names of women: Deborah Sampson, Eleanore Roosevelt, Betty Boop, Harriet Tubman, Little Orphan Annie, STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! Then she plays another video. Because Americans need multi-millionaires in Hollywood to tell us what to think and what to do.
I should know who this singer is. Alisha Keyes? I think that’s who it is. She’s singing “Superwoman.”
Then they did this weird thing where they showed pictures of all the presidents so far, and at the end Hillary broke through glass…and then stared at the crowd for a while like a giant, before speaking. She was dressed in weird red costume that reminded me of Mao. Then, the camera pulled back and there were all these people with her, which looked like she was holding them all hostage. SO WEIRD!
— That’s a wrap for tonight! See you back here at 330pm CST tomorrow for Day Three of the convention! —
Did you enjoy this coverage? If so, here are a few things you can do to help return the favor:
Megan Fox and I wrote a book called SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It is currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, because the book is an expose of the American Library Association and the sex crimes and other illegal activity that the ALA (a George Soros funded lobbying group) helps cover up in public libraries across the country. The ALA — surprise! surprise! — is working hard to keep our book out of public libraries around the country. ALA members have organized fake negative reviews that they post to try to suppress our book and discourage people from reading it…and ALA members who are library directors refuse to stock our book on library shelves, despite the book being the only book ever written that is critical of the American Library Association and the things it does to transform communities. Megan and I spent three years working on this book, researching it, and cleaning up public libraries around Chicago that we caught covering up sex crimes and even child pornography access, in keeping with the ALA’s instructions to hide such crimes from the public. We need your help getting around the ALA’s ban of our book. Here are some things you can do to help:
A. Read our book and leave an HONEST review of it on Amazon. I ask that you read the book first and then give your honest opinion. Even if you don’t like it (but I hope you like it). Megan and I worked hard to write a political book that was not like a typical political book. SHUT UP! reads like a mystery. We take you through our investigation, show you how we figured it all out, and bring you along with us in real time as we stand up to the police and other public officials who came after us and tried to scare us away and silence us so that the secrets we uncovered would stay hidden. We had the task of teaching lessons on the Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act and First Amendment Right to Petition in a way that was interesting and applicable to every day life…and I hope we succeeded in making it all interesting, much more so than standard political books. If you have enjoyed the writing on this site through the years, I ask that you read the first book that Megan and I have put out together (in what I hope will be a series of these real time political mysteries).
B. Ask your local library to carry our book. Every library has a process for requesting that the library purchase a book for its collection. Our book is being carried so far by a half a dozen libraries in Illinois, where it is shelved in the First Amendment section. We would like to see libraries around the country carry the book so that as many people as possible can know what the ALA is doing to communities by teaching librarians to cover up crimes (the way we caught librarians in Orland Park, Illinois doing near Chicago). At most libraries, you can email the Library Director and Board and ask them to carry our book or you can fill out a form on the library’s website and ask them to carry the book that way. One of the great joys in life right now is when someone sends us a photo of our book on a shelf somewhere. It’s such an amazing feeling to have not only survived what the Orland Park Police did to us to try to shut us up but to also know that every horrible thing they did is documented in this book and it is all being read across the country. Your help in getting it into more libraries would be so appreciated.
C. Let people in your social circles know about the book and why it’s an interesting read. The book is full of fun stories, humor, mystery, and adventure…as well as useful information about the First Amendment, SLAPP lawsuits against public participation, and the outrageous scandals that anyone can uncover just by using Freedom of Information Act requests to examine what public employees are doing at the local level. Megan and I pulled no punches and we got very personal in the book. We tell a lot of stories about our lives, talk about politics, and reflect on what’s been happening to our country in recent years. If you’ve been a reader of this site or have enjoyed Megan’s or my writing elsewhere through the years, now’s your chance to spend some quality time with 666-pages chock full of us! That’s either a good thing or a nightmare come true, but I can’t imagine even people who hate us not thinking the book is funny. In fact, someone who is in the book and who was a villain during the whole Orland Park scandal admitted to a mutual friend that she thought the book is funny and she laughed out loud. This woman hates us because we made her look stupid for the stupid and awful things she did to us…but she was surprised how positive and cheerful our writing is…and how funny we were. In my opinion, I know a book is worth reading if even someone who hates me and would murder me if given the chance thought it was worthwhile reading. That’s like getting 5-stars where I come from.
Megan and I sunk everything we had into this project and it would be nice to break even at some point. We’ve had zero marketing budget, so we depend on word of mouth and people who enjoy our writing to read the book and ask their local libraries to carry it. You would be helping us immensely not only with this book but with helping us get the other books in the series written and published as well. We’ve got a backlog of several years’ worth of other cases that we intend to publish as these real time political mysteries in the Chicago suburbs. Your help in spreading the word about this first book, SHUT UP!, will help us put out our next book sooner rather than later!
Here’s a taste of what’s in SHUT UP! and why the book is so important to read:
[Click above to embiggen: Democrats don’t want a southern border wall that would keep out terrorists, drugs, and criminals…but the Democrat elite must have a giant wall to keep themselves separated from rabble at their own convention.]
For complete notes on the live stream of Day One of the Convention, click here. What follows are 5 takeaway observations from the night, reflecting back on it the next morning while waiting for Round Two to begin.
1. Democrats had a giant blue wall around the stage, made from metal barricades that were wrapped in material leftover from Michelle Obama’s convention dress (which was, admittedly, lovely on her). The irony/hypocrisy of this is almost as glaring as Paul Ryan’s own border wall around his mansion in Janesville, Wisconsin. Why do the politicians who refuse to build a wall on the US southern border to keep terrorists, drugs, and criminals out of our country all build walls to separate themselves from undesirables (however they define them)? The Democrat Party elite didn’t want the stinky, sweaty rabble in the Wells Fargo Bank convention center getting too close to their august personages…so a mighty wall was erected to maintain order and respect the rules of the convention and assure the safety of the privileged speakers. Paul Ryan built a big wall around his massive mansion, saying he wanted to keep his kids and dogs and family safe from whoever is on the other side of the wall. Everyone seems to agree that walls are great things…but America is not allowed to have a wall because America is not allowed to be a sovereign nation and must become something more like a bus station or waiting room for the UN. What madness is that?
2. Michelle Obama was lovely and showed that she’s made great progress in the role of First Lady…and then she ruined it for herself. Giving a speech at Hillary Clinton’s nominating convention would — I imagine — be one of the worst nights of Michelle Obama’s life. The Obamas and the Clintons hate each other, but will always need each other. The rumor is that Michelle has political aspirations of her own and wants to become a US Senator here in Illinois someday, when Dick Durbin retires. She will need the Clintons and whatever influence they have left in the future to make that happen and raise money for her. The Obamas also don’t want to be blamed for doing anything that could be seen retroactively as contributing to Hillary losing in November. So, Michelle had to come out and give a nice speech for Hillary…but the speech she gave is not the one she should have given. Michelle seems to be doing a much better job of hiding her true self and covering up her natural nastiness. The real Michelle will always be the one who hates America, is bitter and resentful (though she can never articulate why), and who feels entitled. Eight years of wagyu beef and lobster and living in a big mansion full of white servants has not softened Michelle in any way. Perhaps it’s even made her innate nastiness worse. At the start of her speech, she hid all of that though. She smiled…and be fair to her and admit she has a lovely smile. She wore normal, human clothes instead of some bizarre Halloween costume. The wig she chose for the night was stylish and fun, without being strange in any way. Her makeup was clearly applied by females who knew what they were doing, instead of by amateur drag queens experimenting for the first time. She started out by giving a nostalgic talk about her girls adjusting to life in the White House and then skipping ahead to eight years later and where the family is now. That was all very nice. She nearly choked when she had to call Hillary Clinton her friend, because nobody believes that is true. So why say it? I would have gone a totally different way if I was her. What if Michelle had done a speech where she talked about what a pain in the ass Hillary was to the Obamas in 2008 and how it was so hard to beat her back then? Michelle could have talked about that Obama/Clinton war for the nomination and how Hillary and her supporters hung in there until the very end, with Hillary winning more votes in the primary race than Obama did. Michelle could have said that going up against Hillary was tougher than either of the general elections for the Obamas (which is true, as neither McCain nor Romney put up the kind of fight that Hillary did in the 2008 primaries). All of that would have reminded people of a different Hillary, a better Hillary…the one that existed 8 years ago that even Republicans begrudgingly came to respect. Michelle could have said something like, “I don’t know about you, but I am going to pop myself some organic heirloom popcorn and watch the fireworks when Hillary and Trump go at each other. I am going to cheer and laugh and take in the fight of the century. I am just glad that my husband and I don’t have anything to do with any of this.” It could have been a funny speech, acknowledging various elephants in the room. I think she could have done a lot to maybe channel he Sanders cult’s rage/disappointment into party unity. But, maybe that wasn’t her goal. I’m not sure what her goal was, because her speech was so disjointed. One part nostalgic reminiscence. One part unbelievable yarn about being friends with Hillary. And then a finale involving weird, angry, jabs at Donald Trump. I don’t think First Ladies should do the brawling or punching at these conventions. Let other surrogates do that. First Ladies should come out and bring some warmth, humor, and personal stories. Whether they frown and grimace on the inside or not, on the outside the First Ladies should be smiling and pleasant…not angry. Michelle let her angry side come out, which very well may be her real side and actual permanent face…but I enjoyed being surprised by how nice and pleasant she was for a few moments. I wish she had done her whole speech with that mask on, because it was beautifully made and elegantly worn. No one needed to see the classless, angry, bitter Michelle that revealed itself at the end before she stomped off the stage like Dennis Rodman in heels.
3. Lots of shouting in Spanish. I don’t know what Democrats achieve with this, but they do a lot of it. They bring a lot of Spanish-speakers onto the stage to shout in Spanish into the microphone. I hate listening to Spanish. For America to work, we need to be a melting pot. People come here from all over the world and the first thing they need to do to assimilate is to leave their old languages behind. Clinging to Spanish and refusing to learn English helps no one. All it does is create parallel societies that divide us. Democrats clearly want those divisions to exist and deepen, which is why they don’t want immigrants to learn English and do everything they can to ensure that they never learn English. Spanish is the language of poverty. No Spanish-speaking country has its act together. Everywhere that Spanish is spoken, there is crushing poverty…and the people who live there want to leave and come here, where we speak English. There’s a direct correlation between speaking Spanish and being poor and dysfunctional. When Democrats have speakers who switch to Spanish for part of their speeches, it feels like they are saying something else to the Spanish crowd and sending a different message. It feels duplicitous. In addition to saying that they clearly do not want the Spanish-speakers to ever learn English, Democrats also communicate that they openly say one thing to this group and another thing to that other group, in a very two-faced and fork-tongued way. Every time they do this, it’s another reminder of why I will never vote for another Democrat for as long as I live.
4. The Bernie Cult has a reason to be upset. I really feel for the Bernie Sanders supporters. They must be in a living hell right now. Those of us who supported Hillary Clinton back in 2008 were on the receiving end of a lot of Alinsky attacks from the Obama people during the primaries 8 years ago. Things got nasty, and the DNC intervened and gave Obama the win. Hillary supporters felt screwed over and many of us left the party for good. Others, however, stayed and decided to play nice for 8 years until Hillary had another chance. While we suspected that the DNC rigged things for Obama, we never had the kind of hard proof that the Sanders people have in their hands today. The DNC Leaks emails are staggering. But, what they don’t show is something I suspect: in that Bernie Sanders was in on all of it from the beginning. Hillary Clinton very clearly wanted to run against someone who would make her look young in comparison…and who would make her look like the sane choice in the race. I believe that the Clintons and the DNC put Bernie Sanders up to running so that he would be her opponent, whom she would beat in a staged and choreographed race. She needed to run against someone…and that someone had to be a person who would make Hillary look like the obvious choice, so that she could finally receive the nomination she felt the DNC took away from her in 2008. Sanders is at the end of his life and the attention of running for president would be something he would relish…and if Hillary would win the presidency, no doubt Sanders would get some sort of appointment to make him happy for his last days. But then the unthinkable happened and Sanders caught on…and it all went to his head. Sanders will never admit to his cult that he was in on losing from the beginning and that he was always supposed to lose to Hillary. His cult truly believes that he had a shot to win, when this race was always as rigged as a carnival game. I actually felt bad watching the special Sanders snowflakes melting in the lights of the convention center, tears streaming down their faces. They were crushed…and crushed in a way that us Hillary 2008 supporters were not crushed. We were mad at the DNC for rigging things for Obama…but we realized at the end of the day that Hillary was just outsmarted and outmaneuvered. Our comfort was the belief that Hillary would wisely use the next 4 or 8 years to plot her comeback and make it impossible for her to be defeated ever again. Instead, Hillary betrayed the people who believed in her and hoped in her…and she engaged in all of the lying, games-playing, and foolishness of the last 8 years that caused so many of her loyalists to abandon her. All of this is so very tragic. The lies and deceit that the Clintons and the DNC continue to engage in are just too much. Politics does not have to be this way. The Democrat Party does not have to be run this way. Voters deserve better. America deserves better. We should not be a country where our political nominating system seems like something Eva Peron or others in banana republics would have devised. We are not supposed to operate like a South or Central American country. We are the United States, not Venezuela or Brazil or Argentina. It’s truly sickening how shameless everyone who holds power has become. And it’s sad that the Sanders cult, many of them very young and naive, got such a shockingly clear exposure to gross corruption at such young ages.
5. Booing! I couldn’t believe the amount of booing that went on last night. It felt like nonstop booing from beginning to end. They even booed during the prayers! I have never seen people more poorly behaved during a political convention. It shouldn’t come as any shock, but the Left really has taken over the party and it’s held control for so long that the Democrats’ internal culture has changed. There are no longer any grown-ups running things. There are no longer big burly guys who can keep the people in line so that they don’t boo and make a scene for the tee-vee cameras. There are no chiefs overseeing the Indians (which is ironic, because Elizabeth Warren was in the house, oh she of the high cheekbones and the famed Native American faux-ancestry). Saul Alinsky is looking up from some pit in Hell and grinning…because his “radicals” indeed took over the Democrat Party. The fact that the various state delegations either could not or would not stop the booing and control their members was telling. The DNC is really off the rails. It’s obvious for anyone who wants to see that. It will be interesting to see if they can get back on message with Day Two. Remember that one of the big advantages Democrats have always had is their discipline. Republicans are always like herding cats…but Democrats usually fall in line and listen to whatever the party tells them to do. Last night, Democrats were stunned and didn’t know how to deal with cat-herding. If this keeps up for the rest of the week and goes into the general election, Democrats are in real trouble. The Alinsky wing of the party will at that point be the entire party…and within it various Alinsky groups appear to want to out-Alinsky each other. There’s no way for anyone to stop that aside from just letting them all set their fires, tear and burn things to the ground, and then rebuild the party in the future. It’s all unchartered territory…and it couldn’t be happening to a more deserving group of people.
What do you think?
What: Day One of the Democrat National Convention in Philadelphia
When: Monday 7/25/16, beginning 3pm CST
Why: Watching this horror show so that you don’t have to and taking notes so you can read it later
Where: Live stream provided by CSPAN
1. Here we go again. Another week of convention live stream coverage. This time, I really dread watching this gavel to gavel for several reasons, but chiefly because I don’t have the stomach any longer to watch abortion being promoted as something positive. Back when I was still a Democrat prior to 2008, it always made me uncomfortable how Democrats celebrate the murdering of unborn children but it was something that was kept in the background and the party didn’t embrace as its central identifying facet. Since 2008, I feel that the abortionist ghouls are really the face of the party: women who delight and revel in the spilling of blood and sacrificing of lives of the unborn. I think these people are monsters and that it’s all proof that Democrats have been coopted by a special brand of evil. It’s almost druidic: a bunch of women gathering together in the dark somewhere late at night, murdering tiny children, then holding up the bodies to some faceless, nameless god-with-a-small-g that only they worship. It’s all so sick and ghoulish. There will also be shouting about social justice, grievance-mongering, and the telling of massive amounts of lies. Democrats will no doubt have lots of people speaking in Spanish, the language of poverty, because a big thing Democrats want to do is to keep immigrants from assimilating, learning English, and prospering. They want people to keep speaking Spanish and not join the melting pot and improve their lives. The Democrat Party is a party that’s all about keeping people poor so that they feel they have to vote Democrat. So Democrats put as many road blocks to success in front of people, including encouraging them to never learn English. It is going to be hard to sit through 4 long days of all this, But, because we are friends like this, I will do that for you.
3. Here’s today’s speakers lineup. How many will be shouting hateful things? How many will yell in Spanish? How many will promote the murdering of small unborn children? What other monstrous things will they say that the media will never accurately report on?
4. The fallout from the #DNCLeaks emails has been staggering. Gateway Pundit has a great rundown of what was found in the email dump. It shows collusion between the DNC and Clinton campaign to ensure that Bernie Sanders had no chance at becoming the nominee in a rigged primary season. It also offers more proof that reporters file stories with the DNC for approval before they make it into newspapers, which is something that everyone just assumed happened…but here there is proof. What will Bernie Sanders’ fans do with this information? Will they just quietly fall into line and do what the DNC says…or will the rebel or even riot in Philly? This is an interesting situation, because if these people really believe in what they claim they believe in, then I don’t know how they can sit quietly and allow the DNC to do what it does. Back in 2008, the DNC rigged things for Obama to win and for Hillary to lose. So all of us who supported Hillary in 2008 know what this feels like and how the DNC does what it wants and rigs the game to get the result it wants. In 2008, it wanted the charismatic black man to win. In 2016, it was Hillary’s turn. Voters be damned. But, this time instead of giving the Left what it wanted (the black man last time) the DNC took the nomination away from who the Left wanted (the octogenarian socialist). Will the Left just quietly allow that to happen without incident? DOUBTFUL.
5. If you’d like to read the recaps from the Republican Convention, they are here.
6. So…just got back from seeing Hillary’s America downtown in Chicago. I’m going to busy all day today watching the Democrat Convention coverage, but will write up a review of the movie later when I can. I liked the movie a lot and thought it was well done. I learned new things from it too. There’s a large section in it on Ida B. Wells, the black Republican writer who covered politics in the late-1800s through her death (in Chicago!) in 1931. I need to research more about Wells and check out her Chicago connections. She seems like a fantastic person to learn more about: a black woman who wrote about political corruption and exposed Democrats for evil things they would do, especially to black people. The Hillary’s America movie touched on what was done to Dinesh D’Souza to punish him for exposing the Obama Regime; it deals with his time in a halfway house. There there’s a fun bit where he pretends to go into DNC headquarters, into a secret room, where the secret history of the party is exposed. He deals with Andrew Jackson being a slave owner and Indian-killer; Woodrow Wilson’s racism; FDR’s and LBJ’s use of blacks when politically convenient. And then later D’Souza pretends to go into Hillary’s campaign headquarters, down into the basement, to go through her secrets too. I learned some new things about Saul Alinsky and what a horrible monster he was as well. The man was repugnant. One anecdote I never knew until today was how he would steal food from restaurants. Back in the 1920s or so, luncheonettes were everywhere: cafeteria-style restaurants. You would get a ticket for what you ordered and then would pay at the register. Alinksy figured out that since the same company owned luncheonettes around town, he could go into one and order a 5-cent coffee and then hide the ticket for 5-cents in his pocket. He would then go to the cashier and say he lost the ticket but only had coffee…and would pay 5-cents. But then he would leave and go to another luncheonette and order the most expensive food he could get…and when it would be time to pay he would tae out the 5-cent ticket he got from the first restaurant, and then would only pay 5-cents for a giant meal of steak and whatever else he ate. It was disgusting that this little pig would do this. And he had other people do it too! This is what this pig called being a “radical.” It was stomach-turning. It really sums up who this man was. More about my thoughts on the movie throughout the day. It’s definitely worth seeing. You will learn new things for sure.
7. Watching the Democrat convention now in Philadelphia. They just showed the opening video and now they have Boyz II Men singing, which seems like it would be the opening act of a NAMBLA convention, but whatever. You can watch on YouTube or on CSPAN.
8. Who’s watching this thing on television? I really wonder about that. I don’t know what the ratings were for the Republican Convention, but I bet more Republicans still pay for tee-vee than Democrats. I would imagine that most Democrats are watching on YouTube or streaming. It’s funny to see all the big-name entertainers at the Democrat events. That’s a big different between the parties: Democrats get all the celebrities. Republicans only have cover bands or people I’ve never heard of from country music singing. I think that if performers play Republican events then they get punished and it impacts their careers. Democrats are vicious like that.
9. Something good from Hillary’s America: D’Souza said to start seeing the Civil War in terms of Republicans (Union) vs. Democrats (Confederacy). No Republicans were slave-owners. Democrats were the slave-owners. And Democrats after the war fought to keep blacks from voting, holding office, owning property, etc. Republicans were the party of Lincoln and the Civil War can be seen as a war between the Republican and Democrat parties. Democrats were the party of Jackson and John C. Calhoun and the Ku Klux Klan (which was the military arm of the Democrat Party). All of this is true but the media works hard to hide it.
10. I see a lot of fat, rich, white people at this convention. The big difference is that I see less people wearing red, white, and blue or anything else patriotic. Most people are just wearing normal clothes…but in size XXL. So, after watching the Republican convention, the same kind of gray-haired, older, corpulent people dominate both conventions. Those are the ones who have the time and money to come to something like this for a week. I see a lot of empty seats too. More than I saw at the Republican Convention. The media won’t report on that though.
11. Credentials committee business is first, to seat the delegates. This is all the really boring sausage-making stuff that feels like it’s the year 1896. In my opinion, these conventions should be one or two days long…not four. I wonder how Bernie Sanders’ cultists feel about all this. The party totally screwed them over. Just like the DNC screwed over Hillary in 2008. Now, Sanders’ people got screwed over because it was Hillary’s turn. Sanders’ people should be furious about that. What the DNC did to Sanders was even worse than what was done to Hillary 8 years ago.
12. 341pm CST; Barney Frank and Latricia Vanderfute from the Rules Committee. Barney Frank is one of the most disgusting people to have ever been in politics. The media won’t talk about this, but when Frank was in Congress he used his residence as a den of male prostitution. He is repugnant. He also just called Nancy Pelosi one of the best things to ever happen to the country. He also says that Maxine Waters is great. These are the permanent officers of the Rules Committee. Sums up what sort of individuals run this party. D’Souza’s movie showcased this stuff, how in every period of history the absolute worst people in the country always seemed to be Democrats.
13. Marsha Fudge from Cleveland area. She is the permanent chair of the Convention. I believe she took over after Stephanie Tubbs Jones died in 2008 in the middle of that campaign (she died in July, not long after Hillary suspended her bid for the presidency that year). Tubbs Jones was my congresswoman from Cleveland. I think that Bernie Sanders people are shouting and booing. Some have signs that say NAY. Says we are in a time of hate speech and war and chaos. We are at crossroads of history and hope. Hillary Clinton was born for a time like this. Claims they are going to have a different kind of convention. Whenever she says TIM KAINE, there are loud boos. Fudge actually had to ask people to stop booing. 349pm CST she is completely overpowered and shouted down by BOOS. She has to shout and ask people to behave. I think that the shouting is BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE. No one is listening to Fudge, just booing her. She coughs and is visibly upset at how they are treating her. They are very disrespectful to her. Fudge says she is going to be respectful towards them and asks that they are respectful towards her. But they clearly hate her for some reason. Did she take the place of Debbie Wasserman Schwartz? Fudge just said we are all Democrats and now have to act like it. I would say that by booing and acting foolish they are all acting just like Democrats.
14. More weirdness. At 352pm CST, a bunch of Democrat big-wigs come out as Convention officials. They get booed and chanting happens as well. Not sure what is being chanted but Fudge is mad. Kevin O’Keefe is there. He’s one of Hillary’s longtime friends from Chicago. He is the guy with white hair who looks like Bernie Sanders but is not Bernie Sanders. Claire McCaskill’s name was said as being part of this group, whatever this group is, but she is clearly not there. That’s funny to me because McCaskill was one of the big betrayers of Hillary Clinton in 2008. She would fly around with Obama on his plane like she was his stewardess. But I think in 2013 she was one of the first to publicly back Hillary this time, I believe because she wanted to get off the Clinton’s hit list. I hope that Hillary has not really forgiven McCaskill though because she was so atrocious in 2008 that she should never be forgiven.
15. Some large woman comes in and pronounces Mexico as “Meh-HEE-koe.” I hate that. I think it’s so disingenuous when someone is speaking English and stops in the middle of the sentence to say another word with some kind of foreign flare. Why do that? Giana DeLaurentis does that too with recipes. She talks normally for most of a sentence, but then stops and says “Mohtz-ZA-Rell-a.” Why? The English word for “Mohtz-Za-Rell-a” is “mozzarella.” The English word for “Meh-HEE-koe” is “Mexico.” Why is all of the weird flourish needed? This woman also drops into Spanish every few sentences. Why? Spanish is the language of poverty. If Spanish was so great, then Spanish-speaking countries would be great. But they are not, which is why Spanish-speakers want to come here. So, after you come here, speak English and assimilate. Don’t straddle two worlds with the Spanglish garbage.
16. Something called “The Unity Report” is being talked about, with someone from Clinton campaign and then someone from Sanders campaign speaking. Wellington Webb speaks for Hillary. This is something that’s supposed to heal the primary campaign’s wounds. They say they will improve the nomination process with respect to the super delegates and the caucuses. BOTH PARTIES need to get rid of those damn caucuses. They are the biggest shams ever. But neither party wants to make the change because the caucuses are easy to game for those who know how to rig them, which is why they are never gotten rid of. Every state needs to have a primary and not have caucuses. The super delegates totally rig the process too and Bernie Sanders supporters should rise up about that. Sanders would be the nominee if not for super delegates and if not for the DNC rigging things for Hillary. It’s so obvious what they did. Webb says that Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are giants and champions and deserve everyone’s cheers. He repeats this a few times. He says let’s all cheer for Bernie tonight but then let it go and cheer for Hillary when she takes the stage on Thursday. Leave the convention with all the drama worked out. Come together to ensure that Hillary wins and SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg will swear in Hillary and say congratulations Madame President.
17. Diane Russel from Maine. She looks like Momma June from the Honey Boo Boo show. She’s a Sanders delegate. There’s lots of weird screaming and booing. Says she introduced amendment to reform super delegate system. Quotes Dumbledore from Harry Potter: great courage to stand up to enemies and greater courage to stand up to friends. Crowd goes wild for that. Says there has been a family disagreement over super delegates. Says they need a better process to put every day voters at the center. Process under way in several states and within Unicorn Nomination System, which will be magical like a unicorn and will be fair and full of rainbows going forward. It is what voters expect. What party deserves. There’s tepid response to that. People realize this is just words. The caucuses ands super delegates really need to be done away with, but no one believes the party will really do that. “Unity Compromise” or “Unicorn Compromise” or whatever is not being received well. Claims to reduce super delegates by 2/3. Claims they did not win by selling out…but isn’t this what selling out looks like? It looks like Honey Boo Boo’s mom standing there and shouting that it is not selling out. That’s what selling out looks like. Crowd then starts shouting BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE. 20 states voting to reform super delegate system. 750,000 people signed petition for serious structural reform. Those petitions are worthless. No one pays attention to them. I think it’s cute that they want to believe the DNC will listen to these people. Maybe this woman really believes that. If so, she is delusional. The crowd is shouting NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE. Claims they are fighting to make reforms. These reforms are really needed: the super delegates truly are not fair; the caucuses are not fair. The entire nominating system is rigged and that was proved again. Now they are shouting THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE. Democrats like to shout things, so get used to that this week. They are happiest when shouting angrily at a screen showing the face of their enemy, but they’ll shout slogans whoever possible. They also are shouting LOVE TRUMPS HATE. Anything they disagree with, they call hate. That’s another favorite tactic. They really let this woman talk for a long time. It feels like she’s been speaking for hours.
18. Is this something? Apparently, there’s an effort to oust Tim Kaine as VP and install Sanders or someone Sanders wants. Wouldn’t that be interesting?
19. Boy they really do disrespect Congresswoman Fudge. Whenever she talks, they shout over her. It’s really rude of them.
20. Steny Hoyer is speaking now. This is the man who held Nancy Pelosi’s purse as she and a group of Congress critters marched across the lawn the day that Obamacare passed. ‘Memba that? Hoyer then tries to claim that the reason Obama couldn’t accomplish something in last 8 years was because Bush was so bad. He started that old record up but no one would really listen. He also tried to say LGBTQ but it came out something like LDBDU, which was weird. Then he just shouted into the microphone about each of the boxes that Democrats put people into: black, white, gay, straight, Dreamers, immigrants, whatever. Make sure you get in your box and stay there! He talks about Governor O’Malley and people supporting him during primaries and I really had to strain hard to remember that Martin O’Malley did briefly run for president. Does anyone else remember that?
21. Elijah Cummings speaks next. Talking about being son of sharecroppers who did not have a toilet the whole time he was growing up. His father used to pick cotton. So, the point of having him come speak is to race-bait and grievance monger. Which is a shame that Cummings allows himself to be used like this, but if that’s what keeps getting him invited to free meals and speaking events, more power to him. At what point in our nation’s future will it no longer be needed to have men like Cummings be shouting about cotton and sharecropping and not having toilets? 2020? 2030? When? At some point, it would be nice to stop going on about cotton and racially charged things and move forward onto something else. Whatever that new thing would be. Cummings then tells lies, which you would know if you see Hillary’s America movie. Totally ignores that Democrats were the party of slavery and the party that took away black rights after Civil War. Democrats opposed women’s suffrage. Today, Democrats do nothing when Islam kills gay men around the world. Cummings is not addressing any of that. He gets a giant cheer when saying words BLACK LIVES MATTER. He got booed when he brought up the police. Chanting of BLACK LIVES MATTER begins after that. Says that diversity is not a problem but a promise. Claims that Democrats are party of unity and not division. I really don’t see it like that, since Democrats are all about carving people up into little blocks. While he is talking, there is just nonstop chanting and shouting. Cummings is having a hard time speaking with all the shouting. I don’t know what they are shouting, but it sounds like DOWN WITH KGB, but that can’t be it because Democrats love the KGB. Cummings says he wants to stop something called “global warting.” I guess that’s caused by frogs or toads. Says he wants a woman’s right to choose, which if you see Hillary’s America you know is what Democrats do to carry on Margaret Sanger’s work in eliminating black people via abortions. What are they chanting? NOW FOR PCP? I swear it sounds like KGB. Something something KGB. It’s so weird.
22. Then they show a video, with kind of hip-hoppy music. Talking about the platform committee.
23. Some woman comes out dressed head to toe in a nude-colored outfit. She has white hair that makes her look like a walking, talking pimple. It’s like she didn’t know she would be on national tee-vee today. What goes through some of these people’s minds? The talking pimple is talking about Barbara Jordan, who she says was the first black woman ever allowed to speak at a political convention. Not sure if that is true.
24. Another guy who is dressed sloppily like he didn’t know he would be on tee-vee says that minimum wage needs to be $15/hour. Says that we need more labor unions. I don’t know why these people think that $15/hour isn’t going to destroy a lot of jobs. All it’s going to do is put a lot of people out of work or cause people to have to work 2 or 3 jobs because they can’t get any hours at one job. Labor unions have not been any good for anyone besides the Democrat Party fundraising for 50 years. And Democrats wanting to import nonstop cheap foreign labor hurts union members. What part of that don’t Democrats understand? While this guy is shouting into the microphone people are shouting BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE at him.
25. Geesh. Is this really going to go on all day? How many hours of shouting is that? Holy moly.
26. Ben Jealous from Maryland comes out. Looking at him, I see nothing to be jealous of. He’s a community organizer. Says you should listen to him and that he is special because he is biracial and at one time in history (a very long time ago) people would have had a problem with that. But, here in 2016 isn’t it just a big yawn to be biracial? Who is still giving mixed race couples a hard time? I’ve never seen anyone do that here in Chicago. Where is that happening? It’s like Democrats sometimes shout about things that haven’t been a problem in forever…like, why not be shouting about the dangers of saber-tooth tigers or giant spiders in primeval swamps? What happens is that Democrats find something they like to shout about…but even after that thing is resolved, they want to keep shouting about it, because they liked shouting about it. They are really making it a big deal to have $15 per hour as minimum wage…but boy will that destroy jobs. Entry level jobs would be wiped out at so many places, wherever cashiers or order-takers could be replaced. Oh this is rich: says Democrats party of FDR, JKF, MLK, Shirley Chisholm, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. What he doesn’t mention is that Democrats are the party of Andrew Jackson, the KKK, Woodrow Wilson, and other inconvenient figures and facts. Watch Hillary’s America for a good history lesson on where the Democrat Party comes from.
27. Fudge is back. I actually like her. I’m sure she does terrible things, but she’s from Cleveland and reminds me a lot of The Chief (played by the wonderful Lynne Thigpen) from the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? tee-vee game show in the 90s.
28. They are playing salsa music now and someone is singing in Spanish. It’s funny watching the fat white delegates trying to salsa dance. Worth the price of admission!
29. No one will say anything but I continue to believe that Marsha Fudge replaced Debbie Wasserman Shultz and is running the convention now. Am I right about that? So the #DNCLeaks thing totally got rid of DWS…because I think if she had taken the stage then there would have been riots.
30. Now they have a little guy who sounds like Joe Pesci shouting during a movie. He would be cast as Generic Mob Guy in any movie. He talks like this: “Sportsball games are played up in dose arenerrs.” “Dose” instead of “those;” “arenerrs” instead of “arenas.” He does make everyone be quiet and observe a moment of respect for POWs. Which is nice. This is the kind of guy who would be working a neighborhood ward in Chicago. If you don’t vote Democrat, he’d pay you a visit and ask why you didn’t. If you hadn’t voted before election day, he and his sons or nephews would come to your door and make sure you knew the way to the polling place. You know, to be helpful. And make sure you didn’t make no mistakes on dose ballots up in there.
31. Then they have some guy who looks like a puppet that came to life or Billy the Quizboy on Venture Brothers. Says his father was a janitor and his mother taught school. Says a bunch of generic stuff that doesn’t make sense. Somehow Trump hates America, or something.
32. Raoul something or another speaks next. He says there have been lots of fights in the last 50 years. A new generation is coming of age of all ethnicities and income levels. Looking to stay true to party’s great ideals. Put needs over rich and powerful. Does anyone believe that the DNC does that? Notice how all these speakers use the word “progressive.” You are the stupidest of fools if you ever use the words that Democrats want you to use. Yet, conservative writers are stupid most of the time and ALWAYS use these words. You should never say “progressive” or “liberal.” You should always call these people leftists. They are left-leaning. They are the party of the Left. They are leftists. What they do is leftist. Not progressive. Not liberal. Words matter.
33. Nita Lowey from New York. She says she wants to nominate her sister president. But Hillary Clinton only has brothers, not a sister. Maybe Nita is one of the Rodham brothers dolled up in drag or something. Says that New Yorkers love Hillary. She was the First Lady and also Secretary of State. Was neighbor and friend and fierce ally in the US Senate. Says she learned things from working closely with her for years. She wins tough battles. Here’s the thing: notice how people are never specific. They like to toss sentiments out, but never are very specific. Talking about 9/11. Saying Hillary got New York back on its feet and long after cameras were gone, Hillary helped secure healthcare for the EMTs and fire fighters. Hillary did do this in the Senate. Represented the diverse needs of the state of New York. I don’t ever hear Republicans saying that Hillary was not a good Senator. As far as Senators go, Hillary was as good as any Senator. It was being Secretary of State that problems arose that she is being criticized for today. Would she have been better served staying in the Senate? She’d have no Benghazi or email server problems now if she had stayed in the Senate. Then Nita Lowey starts taking punches at Trump, but very mild. Just saying that Trump is in things for Trump. She talks like she is talking to second graders, explaining to them when snack time will be and how to get to the cafeteria. Then she had the New York delegation come up. A Spanish-speaker comes up to shout at the microphone. He says he will be the first Dominican-American Congress critter, who is also the first formerly undocumented alien who became member of Congress. I always go back to Teddy Roosevelt’s warning against hyphenated Americans. People should just be Americans in the melting pot, not hyphenated people who spend their lives saying they are Dominican-American or Mexican-American or whatever. Just be Americans. Assimilate. Leave the Spanish behind. Join the melting pot. Do not hyphenate. He ends his remarks by shouting in Spanish. I hate listening to Spanish. It is the language of poverty. If you want to leave poverty behind for a new life, then leave the Spanish in the terrible places that you left behind and join the melting pot by learning English.
34. They are taking the DNC convention photo now. They are having a Muslim photographer take it with a 100 year old camera. He is asking people not to move and explaining to them how a camera works and how if you move then there will be blurs.
35. Dead air. There’s no music, no movement, no one on stage for a while. Then the band suddenly starts playing “Dancing with Myself,” which I think is a song about masturbation.
36. Some lesbian from Oregon starts talking. She says that LGBTQ people have come so far and can’t go back. But, as a gay man I ask what the heck are Democrats doing by bringing in Syrian colonists? Importing Muslims is dangerous for gay people and our rights. Muslims hate gays and kill gays around the world. How can you bring in millions of Muslims from a backwards and dysfunctional culture and not realize that they are a danger to gays and gay rights? But no Democrat will ever talk about this. And no Democrat will ever do anything for gay rights around the world. Not sure how many people out there want to listen to a lesbian droning on like this. Is this riveting television for anyone? And no one is talking about the big issue of our time: will Islam conquer the West and continue to be allowed to harm gay people?
37. Another Spanish-speaker shouting into the microphone. Says his mother had a third grade education. Which is better than most Democrats have, I think. He uses the word “progress” every 5 or 6 words. That’s really what they are trying to push as branding this year: “progress,” “progressive.” So do not help them by ever using their words. Words matter. Always call them leftists. They hate that. Do not help their branding efforts. Says he has a message for Donald Trump, then shouts something in Spanish. Really sick of the Spanish.
38. Black woman from Georgia speaks now. See what they did here? Had a gay person (lesbian), a Spanish speaker, and a black person come out. Because that is how Democrats see someone. You are THIS or you are THAT and it is all you will ever be. Democrats don’t see someone as a good speaker or someone with something of value to say. It is just, “Go get a lesbian” and “get someone who speaks Spanish” and “must have a black person too.” It is always like they are ordering snack off a dim sum menu. One of these, one of that, another one of those. This is who Democrats are. Always dividing people into little groups and then pitting these groups against each other, or combining them to be used against other groups. What’s really funny about this lesbian/Spanish speaker/black lady combo is that these three people would never be friends in real life. The only time they would ever go anywhere together would be to an event like this to speak. And when they get back stage, they would splinter off into three groups: a gay group, a Spanish speaking group, and a black group. They would never mix together as friends. They would just go back to their little groups. That’s how Democrat politics work.
39. The Mayor of Philly talks now. He says Irish people used to be viewed suspiciously too. So we should never have any borders or have any concern about who is being allowed in via unrestricted immigration. Because Irish people ended up working out well. Proud of the soda tax that Philly passed. Claim soda tax was to help neighborhood children somehow. Notice what Democrats never do: they never address the fact that our immigration laws are not enforced and that people who break the law see no consequences. So, Democrats really want NO LAWS and no law enforcement. No consequences for breaking the law.
40. They played a weird little comedy clip that made fun of Donald Trump, but it fell flat and no one laughed. It was strange. Like something the Daily Show would do.
41. Man is talking who said he was mentally retarded (his words) until 4th grade. He couldn’t tie his shoes or put on his pants until 5th grade. Says he is the first learning impaired person to become a lawyer in 3 different states. He is the Governor of Connecticut and is proud to be someone who was formerly officially mentally retarded. I guess this is inspirational, but it also feels like this man is from The Onion. How he talks about himself makes people uncomfortable. Like a gay guy calling himself a fag. Some gay people do that. I don’t like it, and I am a gay person. His talking about formerly being mentally retarded is uncomfortable. I am happy that he overcame that, but that word “retarded” is so emotionally charged. I don’t like hearing it. I actually looked it up to make sure he is telling the truth, and he really is the Governor of Connecticut. His name is Dannel Malloy, so he doesn’t spell “Daniel” correctly but he is the Governor. How the hell did that happen? Did he run unopposed or against a duck or something? That sounds like a Disney movie from the 1970s, where Fred McMurray would have played the Governor. Malloy is saying that as a formerly mentally retarded person he knows what it is like to be bullied. Now I really want to know how he got people to stop saying he was “mentally retarded” and is now “formerly mentally retarded.” How does that happen? Malloy says that any Muslim colonists that Indiana doesn’t want he will take in Connecticut. I say resettle them in the wealthiest area, right next to all the mansions. Put all of these “refugees” there. Built the mosques there, next to Martha Stewart’s house or Malloy’s house.
42. Okay, so Breitbart is reporting that earlier in the day, the people shouting were saying “NO TPP!”. That must be the thing they were saying when I thought they were shouting about the KGB. The people upset wanted opposition to the TPP to be in the party platform for 2016, but the DNC wouldn’t allow that. So they are mad.
43. Video about Congressional redistricting. Personally, every state should have districts that make sense. Not gerrymandered. There should be a law that eliminates the gerrymandering. Districts should be trapezoidal, not look like various body parts, sea life, lizards with tails, etc.
44. Angry Black Woman has come to say that Republicans are bad and terrible and low down awful. Because she is a black woman, and she is angry, you must listen to her and accept everything she says as true. Also, part of what she says rhymes, so it’s like being in church. Straight out of central casting. The kind of speech that you can’t remember four words from just five minutes later.
45. This is interesting: Democrats play music from the 80s and 90s at their convention. Republicans played stuff from the 60s/70s (and even 50s). They are playing JENN 867-5309 now. Susan Sarandon also shows up in a Bernie Sanders supporters section.
46. The NO TPP people really try to get on camera. They seem to have these people way in the back, but whenever the camera pans near them, they leap to attention. You can hear people shouting BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE! over and over again.
47. 601pm CST. Geesh. Like 5 more hours of this tonight! John Podesta is shouting into the microphone now. Pedestal looks like Supreme Leader Snoke. He says his dad was blue collar and his mom was pink collar. I’ve never heard of pink collar before. Does that mean she was a homemaker? After he talks, they ran another one of those Daily Show kind of jabs against Trump, this one making fun of his marriages.
48. 605pm CST. Another Spanish Speaker. Says: Buy us nachos! when she walks out. She’s all about getting a “Latina” into the US Senate. All about identity politics. She wants Loretta Sanchez to be next California Senator. All these people saying that Latinos bring “flavor” and “spice” to Congress. None of them see this is offensive. That’s like me, a gay man, saying that everywhere I go is more FABULOUS because I am there. I would like to be thought of as being more than just a fabulous gay guy. Don’t “Latinos” want to be more than just “spicy” and “flavorful” stereotypes? Says that in Latino countries it is common to have woman like Eva Peron and others high in office. America is a Latino country now so we should have a woman president too. That’s their logic. Every one of these people do that thing where they are speaking in English, but slow down and even stop before they say a word with a flourish…then speak back up again. More of that “My mother was from Meh-HEE-koe” garbage. Not a single one of them ever acknowledges that people who violate the immigration laws in place on the books are criminals. And there is a problem with people choosing not to follow the law. Loretta Sanchez was standing so still behind this woman that I thought it was a cardboard cutout. Here and there, she stops speaking English entirely and just speaks in Spanish, never translating. I really hate when they do this because it’s sending secret messages to one group of people. Why is that allowed? She really doesn’t want the law because she thinks that there should be no border and that anyone who wants to come here should just be allowed to come. Why have laws? Why enforce laws? If you want the law enforced, want borders, and want laws enforced, then you are bad. Hillary will erase the border and just allow anyone who wants to come to come. That is a promise.
49. 616pm CST. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh. Comes out publicly as an alcoholic. Could be a Kennedy relative. Says the labor unions accepted him as an alcoholic and then helped him become a builder. Is it really smart to put alcoholics on construction sites? I guess that was a good thing, because he needed a job. But is that the best place for alcoholics? What is the point of this speech: “I’m an alcoholic and I support Hillary Clinton. If you are an alcoholic, she’s the right choice for you too!” He claims that Donald Trump didn’t pay some contractors somewhere and he puts his name in gold on buildings. Hillary does not have her name in gold on no building. Donald Trump has enough money and don’t need no more money. Says he stands with all the lovable drunks out there who built this country but try not to drink so much no more. Vote Hillary!
50. 621pm CST. Now a bunch of labor leaders are shouting into the microphone. Says public sector collective bargaining strengthens communities. What a giant lie that is. Public employee unions strangle communities. This guy is from BizarroWorld. Says this is not reality television, this is reality. Trump is thin skinned bully who says “You’re Fired!” on the tee-vee. Says the unions are with Hillary. But, are they? Don’t the unions want to stop cheap foreign labor? Or do they want to hurt their members by importing all that cheap labor? Then that Trumka guy comes out. He is straight out of an SNL skit playing a union boss. Trumka says that Trump is not a tough guy but is a phony and he thinks wages are too high. “You are not a tough guy! I know tough guys!” Trumka sounds like he is a child shouting. Says Hillary will rewrite all the rules for Democrats. Claims she opposes TPP…but is that true? Sounds like she would be all for that as president since the Clintons were all for NAFTA back in the day. Trumka ends by shouting like Chris Farley doing that “Dan Foley’s Van by the River” sketch. Then there was more Spanish, this time from the woman from the teachers’ unions. These teachers…I tell you. Every single teacher I know in Chicago has the best life, like a life you couldn’t believe. Pensions. 4 months of vacation each year. High salaries. So much money they take weekend trips to NYC to see Broadway shows. Vacations in Europe or the Caribbean. Yet teachers are always crying they do not have enough money. They get something like $75,000/year for the rest of their lives when they retire. Does anyone in the private sector get that? Then the SEIU president comes in and wants the $15/hour minimum wage. This seems to be the big thing that Democrats will be going on about for the next four days. Trump would be smart to have business leaders come out and say what an apocalypse that would be for entry level jobs and low-skill jobs. Racial Justice. Social Justice. Environmental Justice. Immigrant Justice. These are all terms she used. The SEIU woman in purple also said: “brothers and sisters” a lot. Then she said, “I believe that we can win” and tried to get that started as a slogan, like “Yes we can” back in 2008. But it’s not as catchy. Some other union people talked after that, and then they used the weird “brothers and sisters” thing too. It’s like the communist “comrades” thing.
51. A woman is talking who apparently tried to blend into the background by wearing convention-gray camouflage. Her daughter is on drugs and so she had to raise her granddaughter as her own. Says Hillary Clinton came to her workplace and asked if she could help. She took notes and came up with a plan to help this woman’s family. That’s the kind of leader that is needed. Just so you know, Hillary really does do this. If she meets someone, she does listen and does try to help. She does a lot of other bad things she should not be doing, but she does listen to regular people and she does help them here and there. Trump does that too. Hillary is not the monster that some people try to make her out to be…but not being a monster does not make up for lying and doing her other bad things lately.
52. Some woman dressed up like Betty Ford is talking. At first I thought it was a drag queen playing Betty Ford. But it’s Senator Jeanne Shaheen. She’s talking about drug addiction and saying it is bad. For crying out loud, has there been any progress made on drugs in the last 30 years? It’s still the same. No one has an answer for it. White people in the suburbs do drugs. They buy drugs from people in the inner cities. The drugs come here through Mexico. For decades this has been happening. Hillary won’t solve this any more than the other people in office for the last 3o years did anything to solve it.
53. 647pm CST yo. Feels like hours and hours. Demi Lovato comes on and says she is mentally ill. I’m not really sure who Demi Lovato is, but I think she may be one of the girls that are used to “beard” closeted young gay actors like Zac Efron. Shouldn’t people with mental illness be at least a little not-happy-about it? Like, it’s not something to be PROUD of. It’s not a desirable thing. But at the Democrat Convention, being mentally ill or mentally impaired is something that people just shout from the mountains. It’s strange. Oh, and then seconds later she broke into song and gave a little concert. It was so weird. Not sure that ever happened at a convention before.
54. VIDEO about the sea levels rising and Obama Regime lowering the oceans like he promised. Democrats declare the science is settled. The world is ending and planet is about to explode. You must believe them and be afraid because only Democrats can save you.
55. Some guy from Oregon dressed up all in gray. He’s literally giving a generic speech about togetherness that could have been spoken by anyone, anywhere. Democrats’ remarks are like word jumbles: TOGETHER! GLOBAL WARMING! FIGHT! DIVERSITY!
56. 704pm CST. We’re in prime time now. Two Spanish-speakers. Illegals. Didn’t follow the law. Didn’t follow the rules. Little girls’ parents didn’t ever bother to learn English or assimilate. Girl born in Las Vegas. Anchor baby. She will say a sentence or two in English, then go back to Spanish. She was born here but her English is not good because she speaks Spanish at home. Says she wants to grow up to be a lawyer. Why not learn English and teach her parents English too? That would make a great law school application essay. Then the mother shouted in Spanish, because she’s been here over 10 years living illegally but never bothered to learn any English. Living in a parallel society, where you refuse to assimilate, is not immigration. It is being a colonist from another country who comes here and establishes a colony, never intending to join melting pot and assimilate.
57. Then there’s another weird Daily Show segment. This one calls Donald Trump a racist and compares him to David Duke. They call it “Trump in his own words,” where they selectively edit clips to make Trump look bad out of context.
58. Another Spanish-speaker. Her parents didn’t follow the law and broke the rules. Snuck here in a raft. Why can’t these people just apply for admission? Why can’t America have the admissions policy of Harvard and Yale? People should apply to come here. We should select the best people to come. The way that Harvard and Yale don’t just take anyone. They take the best. Not just people who show up, sneak in, and don’t follow the rules. Why is it okay that these Spanish-speakers do not follow the law and think laws do not apply to them?
59. More Spanish-speaking. This time Luiz Gutierrez. One of the most loathsome people in Chicago and the country. This guy is pure lizard. Shouting into the microphone. Again, Democrats never address the fact that people who don’t follow the rules should not be rewarded for not following the rules. How can a sovereign nation exist without borders and without enforcing its immigration laws? Why are we as a nation not allowed to have laws that are respected and enforced? Why can’t we demand that people who want to come here have a skill, are able to read and write, and can contribute something? This guy is the worst of the worst. Shouting in Spanish angrily. Again, I ask if Spanish is so great then why aren’t Spanish-speaking countries great? Why are all the places that speak Spanish so poor and backwards?
60. Gorgeous Black Man comes to speak. I think he is a basketball player. The first attractive person who spoke all night. He then just said generic things. Then he introduced his brother, who is an openly gay former NBA player. Says he came out to the Clinton family first, which is strange. Of all the people to come out to, he chose the Clintons? I really wish that Aaron Rodgers and other gay pro-sportsball players would all just come out. Just do it all at once. No one cares! We’re here. We’re queer. Everybody is used to it! Just imagine how great it would be if all pro athletes just came out and it was no big deal. Democrats could never use this as an issue again.
61. This looks like the guy from Hunger Games who designed the game arena and then had to eat poisoned blueberries at the end. His name is Jessie something. I thought he was going to say he was a trans-man (Female to Male) but he’s some kind of computer designer instead. He’s going on about transgender bathrooms and how it’s the most important issue of all time. Twitter says his name is Jesse Lipson.
62. Video about LGBTQAI
63. Angry Lesbian from Central Casting speaking now. Trying to say Trump is not LGBTQAI friendly. Good luck with that, Democrats. Trump is the most LGBTQAI political candidate in history.
64. Another comedy skit. That guy Ken Jeong and some other guy, doing a Daily Show kind of sketch.
65. Bob Casey from Pennsylvania speaks. He says his father used to be Governor. Says that Hillary knows where Pennsylvania is and will come there sometimes to see how it’s doing. He says that Trump has wine glasses made in Slovenia, not Pennsylvania. Maybe it’s because the unions in Pennsylvania prevent things from being able to be made in Pennsylvania. He says that Donald Trump ain’t never made nothing in his life. Says he wishes he had played basketball for the 76ers.
66. Some guy from Chillicothe Ohio who looks like guy from Ally McBeal. Remember him? The little guy on McBeal who was weird, and then he was weird on other shows too. This guy looks like his son. His name is Luke Feeney. Sounds like a made-up name for a generic person. Is he cat fishing? Someone is shouting something that sounds like, “Rock n Roll, Nudists Now!”
67. Kristen Gillibrand from New York. Tells a bunch of weird lies. Claims that women don’t even get a paid day off to give birth in this country. How is that true? That seems like it would be a big lawsuit if some company tried to pull that. This woman looks and sounds just like the actress from Veronica Mars.
68. Al Franken, Senator. Also man who dressed up as an adult baby and went on tee-vee. Franken delivered unfunny standup routine of lame Trump jokes. Franken mostly made me remember that Americans like electing celebrities to office: Jesse Ventura. Schwarzenegger. And now Trump. Reagan was a celebrity too. So was Sonny Bono and Gopher from Love Boat. People see Trump as celebrity, not politician. That bodes well for him because celebrities win. It felt like Al Franken had been drinking too. Was he drunk? Or does he have a speech impediment or medical issue that makes him slur his words?
69. SHAMELESS! Democrats bring out a woman in a wheelchair to shout lies about Trump. Not allowed to ever challenge this, because she is in a wheelchair. Political correctness means this woman can say anything she wants about Trump that is horrible and all lies…but no one can call her out. Because she’s handicapped, she’s untouchable. Shameless to have her come out and do this. Someone who is not allowed to be rebutted should not be taking political punches.
70. Al Fraken comes out to speak again. And Sarah Silverman too. Just in case you were wondering, neither of them are funny. They talk about the Bernie Sanders fans needing to get really and stop it already. Franken and Silverman are awful together. Then they introduce Paul Simon. This is the music of my childhood and all, but do we really need this much musical breaks?
71. VIDEO – some guy begging about drug treatment. Saying he needs treatment for heroin or something. It was a Mario Cuomo tribute for some reason.
72. Eva Longoria comes out. She used to be on Desperate Housewives. In 2008, she was one of the most prominent Hillary surrogate speakers. Eva announced that her father is not a rapist. She is 9th generation Texan. Says she is Latina. And she will be introducing closeted gay Corey Booker.
73. Corey Booker. He should just come out. He fools about as many people as Lindsey Graham. Do people still like hearing from charismatic, closeted gay black man after 8 years of this? He’s shouting stuff from a stock speech. He’s trying to attack Trump, but it just comes out as childish. He feels like an actor in a bad play who is portraying Obama. Weird. Corey Booker seemed to be doing his best to have a 2004 Obama Convention Speech moment. Looks like he is auditioning to be the Dems’ candidate in 2020 after Hillary loses. Will next election be race between Corey Booker and Elizabeth Warren? How weird would that be? Like BizarroWorld Hillary vs. Obama. Someone wrote on Twitter that if Hillary wanted to unite the party she would have picked Bernie Sanders. If she wanted to excite the party, she would have picked Corey Booker for VP. Tim Kaine gets her nothing.
74. VIDEO about Trump University being terrible, some woman being embarrassed that she got involved in it.
75. Woman Who Hates Trump University talks. I don’t know what the issue is with Trump University. All of higher education is a racket. She seems like a very nice woman but what exactly is her beef? What did Trump University do to her? How was she wronged? No specifics given.
76. Michelle Obama enters. She looks gorgeous. Be fair and give her that. She’s smiling and not being hateful and bitter. Lovely color on her, lovely dress. She started off telling nice stories about her girls when they first got to White House. Then made some weird comment about a little black boy who wanted to touch her husband’s head. She called Hillary Clinton her “friend,” like anyone believes that. Michelle says that shruggles make people shronger. It takes a village of shruggles to make you stronger. Michelle went there: her line about waking up every day in a house built by slaves. Hillary made people take it for granted that woman could be president. Michelle says it is greatest country on earth. As Michelle left, they played Stevie Wonder’s “Signed, Sealed Delivered”.
77. Some Kennedy or another comes out to speak next. He’s a ginger. He had Elizabeth Warren in law school. She really scalped him his first day in class. Tough teacher.
Elizabeth Warren gets heckled the whole time. Not sure what someone was shouting. Her voice is very nice to listen to though. That’s why this woman is very dangerous. Her ideas are wrong and dangerous, but she is pleasant to listen to. Elizabeth Warren keeps talking about system being rigged, but who’s been running the system for 8 years. I’ve never listened to Warren before, but she comes across very calm and pleasant…like someone on QVC. Apparently she is not always like this and is usually fiery, but she’s choosing to be very low-key here. OMG! Warren then talks about informercials. And she sounds like someone in an informercial. Then she goes on about a rigged system and racial tensions being used…but that’s exactly what Democrats do. That’s how Democrats stay in power. She talks about a hate-filled America, but that’s what Obama created in 8 years. Democrats sew this animosity so they can stay in power. No explanation ever given for why they claim that women are paid less than men, but Democrats have held White House for 8 years. So why no positive change? Did Obama not want to solve this? Or couldn’t he solve it…but Hillary can solve it? How does that work?
78. Angry Black Man shouting. Is this the Muslim in Congress? He shouted for a few minutes before introducing Bernie Sanders.
Never seen anything like the shouting for Sanders. It goes on and on and won’t stop. Sanders shouting at them to stop shouting for him. Talks about political revolution to transform America..and revolution continues. Transform into what? SHRUGGLE of the people continues. SHRUGGLE for economics based on social justice. Says election is not about what Media spends time discussing. End the 40 year decline of middle class. Reality of people living in poverty. Must transform economy or younger generation will have lower standard of living than parents. End grotesque level of wealth and income inequality today. Keeps repeating about raising minimum wage to living wage. Someone working 40 hours a week should not be living in poverty. Rebuild infrastructure. During Bernie’s speech, Bill Clinton was standing next to Cecile Richards from Planned Parenthood (vile). Sanders wants to overturn Citizens United. Goes on rant about Koch Brothers. Makes a bunch of apocalyptic predictions. Says Trump hates science and hates everyone. Wants free college for everyone. Wants free drugs for people. His supporters really are like a cult, crying and having breakdowns. Sanders’ fans against TPP. These special snowflakes are melting down big time during his speech.
Sanders supporters taking this all very hard:
79. There was heckling during the prayer at the end. That was strange. Heckling and people making noise and leaving the Convention instead of staying and listening to prayer. Like they were rushing to their cars while movie credits rolled.
80. Did you see Bill Clinton sitting next to Cecile Richards (daughter of Ann Richards) during Bernie speech? They looked more than chummy. Cecile is head of Planned Parenthood. She reminds me of Robin Wright Penn in House of Cards.
DAMN! This was a strange and bizarre night of television! Will tomorrow be even stranger?
I’m recapping it as well, so tune in then!
If you enjoyed our convention coverage and like the other writing on this site, please check out our recently published book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It’s part of what we have been working on here in Chicago on the ground for the last few years. This is the story of what local government and the police do to try to silence people who speak out against government corruption in the Chicago suburbs. Megan Fox and I uncovered sex crimes that were being covered-up in the Orland Park Public Library near Chicago. Local politicians and the police chief didn’t want anyone finding out that library staff were deliberating allowing child pornography to be accessed and other crimes to happen in the library. For whatever reason, Orland Park officials wanted that library to be a place where men could access child porn, masturbate openly, and stalk women. When confronted with incident reports proving that library staff never called the police like they were supposed to when these sex crimes happened, the local officials in Orland Park lashed out at us, had the police menace and threaten us, and tried every trick they could think of to censor and silence us. They wanted to protect that access point to child porn at all costs…because SOMEONE powerful in Orland Park wanted the library to operate this way. Our book is the story of every dirty trick a local government body can pull against the public and what people can do to stand up to such tyranny.
It is the #1 Banned Book in the country, since the American Library Association (which is severely criticized in the book for its role in covering up the child porn and other sex crimes) is actively working to keep our book from being carried in local libraries. Another way you could help us is to ask your local library in writing to carry the book wherever you live. The more people who read this and know what is going on, the less able local governments will be to silence the public and take away its First Amendment right to petition.
[Click above to embiggen: Chester Siniawski will soon be freed from confinement in the horrific Joliet Area Community Hospice, according to his son Chet’s latest GoFundMe update.]
It is time for hallelujahs and hosannas because the impossible has happened…the ghouls at the Joliet Area Community Hospice (JACH) have been defeated and poor Chester Siniawski is being freed from their clutches! According to the latest update Chester’s son Chet has made on GoFundMe, Chester is being freed from the hospice (where staff withheld food and water from him as part of plot to kill him by starvation) and is being taken to a hospital where ethical professionals will attend to his recovery. Hallelujah!
Once he is in the hospital, Chester will get all the nourishment and medical care he needs to recover from the stroke he had in April. Your prayers worked! The impossible has happened. For probably the first time ever, someone has been able to escape from the Hospice of Horrors that is the JACH. This is a place whose staff seemingly operate under the “death is better” philosophy, where people’s lives are snuffed out after a stroke instead of being taken to rehabilitation to regain the use of their bodies.
For all these months, Chester has been tortured in this facility, being kept in a bed when he wanted to be out exercising and regaining use of his muscles. Food was kept out of his reach and water was denied to him. Chet and other family members who were bringing Chester food and water were banned from visiting him because Chester’s wife Marian and JACH staffers wanted Chester to die, since they apparently believe that death is better. But Chester wanted to live and begged to be able to live. Marian didn’t want to be inconvenienced with having a husband who had to be in a wheelchair or not 100% the man he was before his stroke. Being a widow sounded better to her, because then she would not have to help care for Chester as he recovered. The ghouls at the JACH were only too happy to help Marian achieve her goal of becoming a widow…despite the fact that Chester was not terminal and wanted to live!
A crooked judge in Will County, who has some sort of personal relationship with people at the hospice, got involved and slapped an unconstitutional GAG ORDER on the Siniawski family in order to help the Joliet Area Community Hospice continue to starve and harm Chester, without Chester being able to speak to the public by video and beg for help. This is the kind of thing that Amnesty International would hold a press conference about if it was being done to someone in a foreign country, but since it was happening in Joliet, Illinois no one cared. The crooked judge silenced Chet and his relatives and bullied them into not being able to give further updates about Chester’s condition. This judge needs to be brought before an ethics and judicial review board to answer questions about what personal connections he has to the JACH that influenced his decision to silence and censor the First Amendment rights of Chester’s family members while they were trying to save Chester’s life.
The JACH tried keeping people from being allowed to visit Chester, since the food and water they would bring him kept him alive when Marian and JACH staff wanted Chester to die. Since Chester is now going to survive this ordeal and recover, Marian and the JACH are going to be in a lot of trouble in the future. I hope that awful judge gets in trouble too, along with everyone in law enforcement who refused to help save Chester’s life when he was begging to live but was slowly being starved to death by Marian and the ghouls she found to assist her.
It is my hope that Chester sues the JACH for what it did to him in attempting to end his life when he wanted to live. In my opinion, what JACH staffers did was attempted murder. What else do you call people knowingly withholding food, water, and other nourishment from a man with the premeditated goal of killing him? What other word is there for that besides MURDER?
The Joliet Area Community Hospice needs to be raided and shut down. It has proven itself to be a place where someone like Marian can take a spouse, tell the staff to deny the person food and water so that the person dies, and that murderer would get away with it all because Illinois authorities don’t want to set foot inside a building with the word hospice on the sign out front. What we’ve discovered in the case of Chester Siniawski is that the one place you can get away with murder in Illinois is in a hospice, since if you kill someone in a place like the JACH by starving/depriving the person of water, the authorities will not care. They have the attitude that “people die all the time in hospices, that’s what they are for”…but what about situations where a man like Chester Siniawski is not terminal, but his wife wants to have his life snuffed out and wants to put him down like an old dog and euthanize him…and hospice staff just go along with that?
The ghouls who work in the JACH are so accustomed to ending people’s lives that they didn’t seem to understand that what they were doing to Chester Siniawski was attempted murder. When a man wants to live and is not terminal, denying him food and water for the purpose of killing him is attempted murder.
The crooked judge and inept law enforcement in Joliet will no doubt see to it that the JACH never receives any criminal consequences for what the ghouls did to Chester…but I hope that when Chester is healthy that he finds a great attorney to go after the JACH for damages and shut that place down.
Chester still has a long road ahead to recovery…but being freed from that Hospice of Horrors and being taken to a hospital where he can be attended to by real doctors and real nurses is a big deal. It’s a huge step in the right direction.
Getting to this victory has financially devastated Chester’s son Chet, however. Please consider chipping in whatever you can to Chet’s GoFundMe. Here’s the financial reality of what it takes to save a man’s life in Illinois:
1. Chet lost his job in Texas (where he lived) because he had to be here in Illinois trying to save his father’s life
2. Chet lost his apartment in Texas because he was spending all his time here in Illinois and lost his job in Texas. When his father was being abused at the JACH and being starved to death, Chet had to come here to keep an eye on him every day and fight to get food and water into Chester. To save Chester’s life, Chet had to sacrifice his own life in Texas.
3. Chet had to pay for attorneys to try to get the court involved to save Chester’s life. The Siniawski family had the great misfortune of finding what I believe to be some of the worst and most incompetent lawyers in Illinois. The law firm they hired was terrible, but one family member refused to allow that firm to be fired and new lawyers to be hired. So Chet had to contend with an aunt who would not listen to reason and just wanted the same terrible lawyers to continue getting paid. I feel the lawyers this family had were incompetent and should even face disciplinary proceedings because they waited so long to file an injunction to get Chester out of that hospice. I don’t understand what the hell those lawyers were waiting for or why it took until the end of July for Chester to be freed from the JACH. In my opinion, any lawyer worth his or her salt would have been able to free Chester much faster. What the hell is wrong with the Siniawski family’s attorneys?
4. Now Chet faces all of the expenses and hoop-jumping of Chester being moved to the hospital and onto rehab…and what comes next. Chet wants to stay in Texas and would like for Chester to live with him in Texas and be far away from the ghouls who did this to him in Illinois. It will take a lot of funding to make that happen.
This is the story of a very nice family who was hit with tragedy…and then the state of Illinois failed them completely when their family member was being starved to death and deprived of life-sustaining materials in a facility run by ghouls. Without any experience handling a nightmare like this, Chet Siniawski stood up and fought hard for his father in all the ways he knew how. I hope everyone out there reading this has someone as brave and courageous as Chet in your corner if a nightmare like this ever happens to you.
If you can chip in $5 or $10 to Chet’s GoFundMe to help him pay the debt he’s run up and to fund Chester’s future legal needs, that would go a long way towards easing some of Chet’s burden. Also, please share his GoFundMe link on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media to spread the word about what’s happened to Chester and let people know that he has finally been freed from confinement in one of the worst places on earth, the Joliet Area Community Hospice.
[The GOP’s official live stream on YouTube; another good live stream is CSPAN’s if the YouTube one goes down.]
WHAT: Day Four (Finale) of the GOP’s 2016 convention in Cleveland
WHERE: Live streamed on YouTube and CSPAN
WHY: Recapping and taking real time notes for you, because we are friends like this
WHEN: 6pm CST on 7/21/16
1. Today’s the last day of the GOP convention in Cleveland. This will be a real time note-taking and commentary on what I see on the live stream feed. Let me know in comments or on the Twitters or otherwise via that series of pipes and tubes that is the Interwebs if you enjoy these and would like to see me do them for the entire Democrat Convention in Philly as well. If you’d like to read them instead of watching that Convention, I don’t mind doing it for you, because we are friends like that.
2. Earlier today, I wondered openly about what Ted Cruz’s weird secret could be…based on the fact that I’ve always found him to be off-putting and had an air about him that SOMETHING wasn’t right. There was a movie in the 1990s (that I saw at Tower City Cinemas in Cleveland, which is fitting) called Mimic, about cockroach monsters (called, The Judas Breed) that could mimic a human from a distance and look like a guy standing there in a trench coat to trick someone into getting close enough for the bug to eat. The movie was creepy because you could tell there was SOMETHING wrong with the guy on the train platform standing there, even if you could not figure out he was a giant cockroach Judas Breed monster until it was too late. Clearly, Ted Cruz is not a cockroach monster (I don’t think), but he’s hiding something and he creeps me out. Richard Viguerie said some things today at Conservative HQ that echoed a few observations that friends of mine made in comments on my earlier article about Cruz’s dark hidden secret. What if his secret is that all of this Bible and religious stuff is just an act for him and that he truly believes none of it? It’s just stuff he says because he sees an opportunity to exploit that evangelical base for support. Viguerie’s article is worth reading. He says that what Cruz did last night shows he does not truly live up to the Bible standards that he claims to be all about. Now, if Viguerie is correct then that jives pretty well with people who say Cruz’s deep dark secret (that so many of us pick up on) might just be simple as the fact that when he’s standing there giving his speeches and delivering his performances, the thing he’s hiding is the fact that he doesn’t believe any of what he’s saying. The theory is that he is really not religious, that he thinks evangelicals are chumps for buying what he’s selling, and that he’s a snake in the grass making fools of everyone. If you approach all this with the operating theory that Cruz is hiding a secret…and the secret is that he is NOT the religious person he says he is…then look how neatly Viguerie’s article falls right into place. It all makes sense. Or maybe he’s a cockroach monster. Donald Trump is about to become President of the United States in real life and not just in a Sharknado movie, so anything is possible.
3. If you missed the earlier recaps of the first days of the GOP convention, I have them archived here for you. If you would like to read them, I will try my best to do recaps of all the Democrat convention days and the debates and other big events as well, if I’m able to be near a computer to live stream them. What’s really interesting for me when I watch the commentary-free live footage is what happens when I later read what the Media chooses to say about events that I watched LIVE. If you only get your news from the Media, it is very much what Laura Ingraham said last night: it’s just like watching Baghdad Bob in Iraq telling lies. Reporters are so shameless. They have no interest in telling the truth and twist things for their own narrative. People who believe what the tee-vee says or who trust newspapers are not getting the real story. And if people don’t have time to seek out the actual footage and watch for themselves, they are screwed. It’s still hard to believe how truly biased the Media is and how much reporters lie.
4. Tonight’s line-up of speakers on the last day in Cleveland:
Just a random thing to note, but last night (7/20/16), Twitter started being flooded with references to Helen Thomas dying. It looks like Soledad O’Brien started this by retweeting some things and people thought she was reporting that Helen Thomas died yesterday. In reality, this particular monster was called back to Hell three years ago. Every once in a while, social media believes that someone who has been dead for years has died again, since people are so stupid (especially those who work in Media like our Soledad). No opportunity should ever pass without noting what a truly despicable person Helen Thomas was while she was alive…and how heinous it was that this repugnant monster was given such deference in Washington by so many presidential administrations. She was a hideous and unapologetic antisemite who wanted to see Israel destroyed. She used her position in White House press conferences (where a sick tradition of calling on her first kept her seated in the front row, instead of in a burning garbage can down by the river where she belonged) to push her agenda to advance the destruction of Israel. Like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, at some point just before her retirement she stopped caring about her mask and let her vile true face show. It was caught on camera, thankfully, in all its loathsomeness. Helen Thomas will always represent everything that is wrong with the Media and politics in this country. She is a cautionary tale against allowing any reporter to ever again have the entitlement that this monster was given in the White House press corps. Dan Kennedy’s “Good Riddance to a Garden-Variety Antisemite” remains a must-read obituary for her “career.”
Charles Krauthammer had some interesting things to say about Ted Cruz. I would like to get to a point where I don’t have to hear about Ted Cruz every day. My boyfriend Justin got really worked up over the primaries this year. Starting in January, Justin made himself sick and drove me up the wall with the daily “Ted Cruz is Plotting Something!” obsession. Justin wanted Trump to win the nomination, and every day he’d read some weird new conspiracy theory about what Cruz was going to do to “steal the nomination!” And every day, I would tell Justin that whatever he was reading online was crazy and that Trump would be the nominee if Trump was actually serious about being the nominee and this all wasn’t just some big goof he was doing. Until the day that Cruz actually conceded, I did wonder if Trump wasn’t just playing some sort of practical joke on everyone and running for President was just something he was doing for the fun of it, intending to drop out at some point and claim he had to take care of his business or whatever. I felt this way because he seemed to play that game in 2012 so I didn’t take him seriously in 2016. I wonder if he had second thoughts about going up against Obama and defeating him, knowing that defeating the first black president and getting in the way of his second term would have haunted anyone who defeated Obama. That’s the working theory on why Romney just gave up and let Obama have two terms. No one wanted to be called a racist “who took the White House away from a black man.” But, once Trump proved he was serious…and Cruz dropped out…Justin just kept going with the conspiracies. He reads these things somewhere, I don’t know where, and they are all centered around Ted Cruz being some sort of Machiavellian genius who had a thousand and one plots to steal the nomination from Trump in the dead of night, with Justin fully expecting to wake up one day and see a Drudge headline declaring CRUZ DID IT! JUSTIN, YOU WERE RIGHT!
I just can’t even. One of the big problems in our relationship is that Justin needs to be with someone who enjoys conspiracies as much as he does. He’s excited by them and enjoys feeling like he’s on the inside of something big and important, because he’s one of the few people who has read the website that has figured it all out and knows what Ted Cruz is plotting next. I have too much to do in a day to find conspiracies compelling, exciting, or in any way interesting. Megan and I are working on our second book. We’re also investigating several other local public bodies for violations of the Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act and we’re poring over the spending records of several other entities and putting together an expose of all sorts of nepotism, travel account abuse, and pay-to-play/no-bid contract shenanigans. Being obsessed with Ted Cruz and what people on the Internet swore he was up to was just not something that ever interested me. Poor Justin. I can imagine it sucks big time to have this burning desire to share Ted Cruz conspiracy theories with others, but not have a boyfriend who wants to listen or has the energy to hear about Ted Cruz every day.
I would love if after this week I never heard anything about Ted Cruz again…except how he lost his primary race in 2018 and how he was leaving politics and disappearing from the national scene. That would make me very happy.
610pm CST = the GOP live stream starts up. The last night of the Convention in Cleveland. I hope you enjoyed seeing my hometown on the national stage. I think Clevelanders did a wonderful job welcoming everyone and the Cleveland Police in particular did a great job taking care of safety and security. I think it’s sad that some of the snobbier media figures and big cheeses didn’t enjoy being in a city that’s not as rich as New York or Chicago, but everyone else seemed to have a nice time in Cleveland. I hope many of you who watched the convention will consider going to Cleveland some day in the future for a weekend or vacation. I am so proud to have been born and raised in Cleveland and to always have it as my hometown. Being from somewhere, one place, and not having moved around from place to place…I’m so lucky to have those roots. And what a place to be rooted! I count highly amongst my blessings being a son of Cleveland. I hope every day to achieve something at some point in life to make my hometown proud of me, as I am every day of it.
I wonder what kind of music the DNC will have in Philly. The Republican conventioneers like hearing music from before I was born, mostly. The band doesn’t seem to play anything before the mid-70s. Will the Democrats have more modern music? Like the 80s or 90s at least? Because most entertainment figures are rabid Leftists, they’r probably have all the current hits. This is something that Republicans need to address at some point…because it’s a defeat in the Culture War. Anything relevant and “now” gets lumped in with Democrats and it shouldn’t be. At some point, we need to take back what is “cool” and “hip.” We need to make what Democrats have seem “stale” and “old.” How we do that, I don’t know. But right now the RNC is playing “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond. And it’s just wide shots of white-haired people swinging badly back and forth kind-of in relation to the music.
Dellow felegates, cats and dogs of all ages, Presbyterians and platypuses, please take your seats…the fun is about to start. Chairman Reince Preibus comes out. Boy, that name. What was the SECOND CHOICE his parents had for him? Algernon Algonquin Preibus? J.K. Rowling would have written a name like that for a Slytherin House member (which, in fairness, would have been my Hogwarts house too if I had gone to imaginary school abroad and not in a Catholic school in Cleveland’s suburbs). A small Hispanic child with giant bows in her hair that make it look like she’s Minnie Mouse cosplaying is now scream-singing into a microphone, at times trying to pretend she is Aretha Franklin. It is what it is. She’s five, which means no one is allowed to say it’s not the best thing they ever heard.
Colors presented by Veterans of Foreign Wars. Some guy named Tony Perkins, but not the actor Tony Perkins who is dead, gives the Pledge of Allegiance. Scott Brown’s daughter Ayla sings national anthem. She does a great job.
I’m actually sad this is the last night. I’ve had fun doing these recaps this week. Boy, I am not looking forward to doing the Democrat recaps. That’s going to be a nightmare. I already dread having to hear about social justice and abortion and income redistribution and all the other awful things that Democrats will harp about when grievance-mongering and value-signaling for four straight days.
Tony Perkins (whoever he is) comes out again and says he will be voting for Trump. He talks about when Congress added “under God” to the Pledge. He says that Congress did that because people felt threatened by nuclear attacks. President Eisenhower knew where to put the public’s trust, UNDER GOD. Pointed back to Lincoln at Gettysburg…under God people shall know a new birth of freedom. 1863. 1954. 2016. All under God. Our freedoms under steady assault. We must stop the government from trying to remove Under God from public life in America. Donald Trump has committed to upholding and protecting the First Freedom and therefore our ability as citizens to unite our nation once again under God. Let us go forth and do that work. This may have been said because of Ted Cruz’s weirdness yesterday.
Video plays about Trump. People proud to work for him in Trump organization. Trump sees within you what your strengths are and then encourages and develops those in you. Match talent and person with right job. People want to measure up to his expectations. He thinks big. Negotiates tough. Attacks a challenge. Comes in ahead of schedule and under budget. Wakes up and loves what he does and works harder than anyone. Demanding. Incisive. Strategic. High expectations. You are what you deliver, not what you promise.
SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO (not scheduled to speak, but surprise speaker): His mission is to elect Trump. Need strong leader who will stand up for America and interests of her citizens. Only country in world that puts rights of aliens over protecting own country. Nation without borders and without laws is no nation at all. Now more than ever we must have respect for the police. 35 years in law enforcement. Dangers of illegal immigration and drugs. Terrorists are coming over border, infiltrating, penetrating weak border system. Trump is leader. He produces results. Only candidate for president ready to get tough to protect Americans. Fought on front lines against illegal immigration. Must secure border. Trump will build the wall. BUILD THAT WALL, BUILD THAT WALL, BUILD THAT WALL. Restore law and order and keep drugs and illegals from entering our country. Says Trump was always kind to his wife and to others. That’s just who Trump is. He’s kind and thoughtful man. Elect leader who will stand up for America and protect our border. Support law enforcement and military. Unite our country. Let’s elect Donald Trump. THANK YOU!
PASTOR MARK BURNS: From South Carolina. Must come together to defeat Hillary Clinton and race baiting Democrats. Need to stop Democrats from focusing on colors that divide us and not the colors that unite us. She is afraid because she knows that together we will never allow Hillary Clinton to become president of the United States. Never, ever, never. Shall never will she ever set foot in White House as president. Under Donald Trump, all lives matter. ALL LIVES MATTER. ALL LIVES. ALL LIVES. ALL LIVES. That means, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Christian lives….all lives matter. ALL LIVES. Even though I disagree with the tactics and divisiveness of Black Lives Matter I do understand hopelessness and lack of opportunity. I know what breeds desperation. This is true in many ghettos and underprivileged communities. Protests are born out of desperation. Way to solve problem and eliminate desperation is to create good jobs. Urban revitalization and opportunities. Job training. Long term solutions. Will solve our problem in our troubled cities. We are declaring right now today that we are determined more than ever to listen to cries of low income, at risk communities, we will solve the problems together TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER. I really love this guy. He is a great preacher. He really brought church to the convention. He had the spirit in him for sure tonight.
5. Fran Tarkenton (some kind of sportsball player). Now they are back on the schedule posted to CSPAN. Fran is a man, not a woman. He is a man named Fran, not a boy called Sue. He’s talking about football and the Packers. The only thing I know about football and the Packers is that they have the most obviously gay quarterback ever in Aaron Rodgers, but I don’t know why he won’t just come out. If he came out, it would be the greatest thing to ever happen with him. Just all the gay football players come out all at once on the same day. Baseball too. Just all do it all at once. Be brave. Be honest. Be yourselves and stop pretending! Fran is now talking about how our nation is stuck on fear setting. Back when Fran was playing football, he had to work an off season job (pay was only $12,000/year). Small business America is heart and should of country. 40% of startups are started by blacks, hispanics, asians. 1/3 of small businesses started by immigrants, 40% by women. Government policies kill small businesses, especially in last 8 years. What the hell is going on here. Imagine with Donald Trump as president. 27 million job creating operations set free from regulations. Comes down to leadership. A leader gets stuff done. Has known Donald Trump for 48 years. He gets stuff done. He’s a builder. He understands that teams win. Individuals don’t. Builds great teams. Proven leader. Team builder. He knows how to get the best out of people, be a team mate. He succeeds wildly. He fails because we all fail but he gets back up and never quits. He can provide leadership to help us all make America great again. Make it great for everyone. Let’s go. Let’s go win this game together. TOGETHER! Let’s go make America great again!
6. Brock Mealer, motivational speaker. Was injured in car crash. Father and brother’s girlfriend died. He had faith in Jesus Christ that he would walk again. Had 1% chance of walking again. Blessed him wth fighting chance. Graduated from Ohio State University. So many blessings. God makes all things work for the good. Trump was told that he had a 1% chance of winning the nomination for president. We need to unite behind Trump. Make America one again.
VIDEO from Bobby Knight. Says he is Team Trump and you should be too.
7. Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee) from Congress. Make American One Again. Unify! Enough bloated budgets. Enough division. Enough nonsense and rhetoric. Enough of seeing everything go down. Enough taxes. American people have had it. They are ready for change! Ready for someone to take reins and bring us together! Donald Trump can get it done. Come in ahead of schedule and under budget. Trump has built things that last. Leader that knows our country is full of more than just assets. It is full of citizens who want leader who inspires. Leadership is hard fought. Not subject line in an email. Join Blackburn in electing Trump president. Has skills required to lead diverse nation. Help people achieve greatness. Believes in American dream. He has lived the American dream. Desire for greatness is not new. President Lincoln stood in Cleveland 155 years ago with call to bind together or perish apart. If all do not join now to save good ship of Union no one will ever have chance to pilot her on another voyage. We are in desperate need of true leadership and unity. Last 8 years a challenge to national and household budgets. Sacred honor to protect Constitution and protect us. Trump learns lessons, solves problems, delivers results. He worked in real world. Knows about cumbersome regulations and rules getting in way of greatness. Leadership is not as it appears but how it performs. Looks at mundane and sees magnificence. That is the magic of this country. Every day people with big ideas and big dreams can change the world. I’m not getting much worthwhile out of this speech…it’s just generic convention stuff. Could be anyone delivering this, at any convention. Blackburn seems like a nice lady and everything, but not sure the point of this. Unless it’s just that she looks like Hillary kind of, but speaks better. Is that why they picked so many blonde women for speaking slots? To create a negative comparison for Hillary?
8. Governor Mary Fallin (Oklahoma) I have a friend in Oklahoma who knows Gov Fallin. She’s a kind, considerate, and compassionate person who treats people really well. She’s a good and decent soul that someone I love vouches for. Fallin’s mom was the Mayor of Tecumseh, Oklahoma. Falling became first female Governor of Oklahoma. Says there was optimism back in the day. Talks about black Oklahomans who are heroes. From civil rights era. Says America has never been a perfect place but we were always united in belief that better days were ahead. We are losing sense of unity and optimism. We cannot allow hopelessness to become the new normal. People long for American dream. I really like Governor Fallin, but again this is a generic speech. Nothing but what is usually said at these conventions. Since she’s another blonde woman, I wonder if the purpose of this is just to have an image of a blonde woman talking because Hillary won’t be able to speak as well. So, are they trying to fill the scenes of the convention with blonde women just so that Hillary gets lost in the crowd of them?
9. Lisa Shin — Koreans for Trump. Optometrist. I like her. She is a good speaker. She reminds me of a professor I had named Dr. Chae in school. She came from South Korea 40 years ago. Her parents were immigrants who learned English, assimilated, and joined melting pot. Swore oath to support and defend Constitution. Parents endured countless hardships. To do and to be the unimaginable. Hillary Clinton is direct threat to American dream. Her proposals would be devastating to country. She has dangerous ideology. She lies all the time. She is everything wrong with the system. Deceit. Cronyism. Total lack of accountability. Extreme carelessness. She compromised safety and security. She flouted the rule of law. She overwhelmingly lost the trust of the American people. She is not qualified to be president because she lies so much and should not be commander in chief. Only one presidential candidate who will preserve American dream. Only one who will ensure prosperous and safe/secure future. Only one candidate who will defend core principles. TRUMP!
10. OUT OF ORDER (not speaking during scheduled slot, spoke earlier…looks like CSPAN’s schedule of speakers is not accurate). Jerry Fallwell Jr., says his father offered prayer years ago. Now he is offering prayer to help Trump win. Has lived in Virigina since 1600s. His wife is descendant of Washington. Knows where Thomas Jefferson’s summer home is. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. God given rights. Nation of citizen legislatures. Surveyors, architects, ministers, farmers, actors, people who were in private sector before government. Trump created jobs for thousands. He is the visionary of our time. Talks about taking Liberty University back to financial health. Trump will do the same thing for country. Trump family is genuine and loving. Trump is America’s Blue Collar Billionaire. Down to earth. Loves America. True patriot. Champion of common man. Repeal IRS rules from 1954 from churches expressing free speech. IRS turns blind eyes towards Leftwing ideology. Democrat vote indoctrination camps. Repeal of Johnson amendment will be huge revolution for free speech. We are at a crossroads. Must save the nation. Unite behind Donald Trump and Mike Pence. If you are conservative and you vote for third party or not vote, you are helping Hillary Clinton. If she is allowed to appoint SCOTUS justices that could be a fatal blow to our Republic. A vote for Trump is vote for right to bear arms. Stop Iran and stop destruction of Israel. Appoint pro-life justices to SCOTUS. his father had dreamed about Chelsea Clinton interviewing him: three great threats are Osama, Obama, and your Momma. Osama gone. Obama has 6 months left. And only way to make America great again is to tell Chelsea’s momma that she is fired. Only way to do that is to elect Donald Trump as President and Mike Pence as Vice President.
— There was a big part here where they played music for a while and then they played a video. The video was about 2014 elections and the freshmen senators who won that year. —
Reince Preibus comes out and thanks Cleveland for hospitality. He thanks his wife and kids. Says Republican party carries torch of liberty. He does the shouting into the microphone thing that Scott Walker did yesterday. Why can’t someone tell these guys not to shout into microphones? He’s delivering a generic party convention speech. Shouting it the whole time. This is good opportunity for me to make a snack and take a break while I wait for the really good speakers. Preibus is very dull. Maybe that’s why he shouts. He’s a generic Republican, boring person. This is the kind of person that people don’t want to come out and vote for. He lowers the excitement in a room because all he says is generic things and just shouts. It’s really lame. Trump needs to fire him and hire a good person to run RNC.
11. Peter Thiel, the man who took down Gawker, founder of PayPal. He’s someone I really wanted to hear from. I hope he uses his money to fund other projects, like something to go after all the Media lies. Need a new network that tells the truth and doesn’t report lies all the time. His name is pronounced TEEL. Talks about working in Silicone Valley. Small island of prosperity. He’s really handsome. And I am not just saying that because he is a billionaire. His parents were immigrants and came to Cleveland! He was 1 year old, became American in Cleveland. I didn’t know that. His dad went to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland in 1970s. That’s so awesome he lived in Cleveland. He’s talking about how the US used to be a leader in exploration etc. Hillary’s incompetence pushed for wars that setup training ground for ISIS. Time to end era of stupid wars and rebuild country. When he was a kid, it was about how to defeat Soviets. Now the big debate is about who gets to use which bathroom. WHO CARES. Every American has a unique identity. Proud to be gay. Proud to be Republican. Proud to be American. Fake culture wars only distract us from economic decline. Trump is only one being honest about it. He is from Cleveland and bright future it promised. Lead us back to bright future. Then there was video narrated by Don Jr. about Trump construction projects.
12. Tom Barrack, CEO Colony Capital. Says he feels like an anchovy appetizer before Ivanka comes out to speak. He’s the deceased at the Irish wake, needs to be there to get things started but no one expects him to say much. Son of Lebanese grocer from California. THIS GUY IS GREAT SPEAKER. Talks about Donald as a person. Who is he? What is he made of? He talks about how fantastic Donald’s kids are. Litmus test of any parent is the children. Learn how to be a man by watching father. Tells personal stories about Trump. He’s a great speaker because he speaks extemporaneously, not teleprompter. First story, about Trump going to a fight, Tyson/Holmes. Man told Trump his son was ill. Trump wrote nice note to the boy. Has presence to focus on the littlest guy in the shop. Second story, Fred Trump funeral. Donald’s father. Wanted to leave legacy of Trump name better than how he found it. Globalism has crumbled…needs jeweler to polish and restore. Put everything back together into necklace of prosperity and tolerance. Businessman, celebrity, father, president. Like Michener tale. United in one voice, make it happen. Make him president. Then there is more music from the band. And John Voigt has a narration of a movie about Trump’s NYC projects. Helped revitalize and save New York. Fixed the Central Park ice rink problem. Comes in, saves the day. Cuts through red tape. Saves the city millions. Creates a strong team. Taught his children the real estate business and made them part of team. Trump has a big heart. He takes care of people.
13. Ivanka Trump is introduced to the song Here Comes the Sun. So gorgeous! Her father is the people’s nominee. Like millennials, Ivanka says she does not see things as one party or the other but votes for best person and that is her father. Millennials are not party loyal. Change must come from outside the system. Trump is fighter. He dug deeper, worker harder, became stronger, won primaries. Fights for family. Fights for employees and company. Fights for our country. Story of life and spirit of campaign. America needs to know what it is like to win again. Trump is famous but is not well known. Remembers playing in her father’s office and learning from him as child. Great talent is to see potential in people. Potential vanishes into nothing without effort. Must work for betterment of world around us. Trump tears stories out of newspaper of good people, would write note in black pen, invite people to Trump Tower, find them a job and get them a break. Leave office feeling like life could be great again. Empathy and generosity towards others, he will be in your corner when you are down. He has kindness and compassion. Be leader that the country needs. Sense of fairness. Seen how he operates as leader. Shape careers. Change lives. Construction site is meritocracy. Incompetence is impossible to hide. Melting pots. Unite to single mission. Father’s job sites always had all ethnicities and women too. real knowledge and skill. Color blind and gender neutral. Hires best person for job period. Not a builder without building to show for it. Trump has whole city skylines. Trump has success in many industries. He listens to everyone. He talks to everyone. He gets feedback. Ability. Effort. Excellence. Philosophy of Trump organization. More female than male executives at Trump. Paid equally. Mothers are taken care of. Father will change labor laws to focus on making quality childcare affordable and accessible for all. Should be norm for country to have mothers taken care of. He knows what to do. Equal pay for equal work. Ivanka will fight alongside him. Need economy that allows people to rise again. Restore American tradition of giving each new generation hope for more than the generation that came before. When Trump says he will build a tower, it will appear. Real people hired to do real work. Vision becomes reality. He will make America great again. He will deliver. We have chance to reclaim heritage of being country that dreams big. Trump does not think small. THINK BIG. Take on bold and worthy fights. Set lofty goals. When Trump is in your corner, he will fight for you all the time every time all the way. He will not let you down. Trump cannot stand to see empty streets. He wants people to have the chance to overcome. Trump says I will fight for you, not just feel for you. Hardworking men and women identify with Trump. He is optimist and relentless believer in America. Loves family and country with whole heart and soul. Judge my father by his results. His children. His towers and his companies. His employees. Most qualified person to serve as CEO of economy. Will call upon the best and brightest. A new set of thinkers to face problems with fresh perspectives. Come January 17 all things are possible again. Trump will be greatest and truest and most loyal champion. Fighter. Doer. Moment in our country has an extraordinary man. Earn trust, earn votes. Our next president…Donald J. Trump!
14. President (candidate) Donald Trump. WOW! What an introduction. Trump accepts nomination for the presidency. The crowd goes wild. Cheering! USA! USA! USA! USA! Who would have believed when we started journey June 16th of last year? 14 million votes. Most in history of GOP. Democrats had 20% fewer votes than 4 years ago. Not so good. We will lead back to White House. Country back to safety and peace and prosperity. Country of generosity and warmth but also country of law and order. We face dangers. Americans watching have seen violence in streets and chaos in communities. Many witnessed personally and been victims. I have a message: crime and violence will come to an end. Beginning Jan 20th, safety will be restored. Most basic duty of govt is to protect people. Finally time for straightforward assessment of state of our nation. Will present facts plainly and honestly. Can’t afford to be politically correct anymore. HUGE CHEERS. If you want to hear corporate spin or lies and media myths, democrats will have convention next week. Go there. Here, at our convention, there will be no lies. Honor Americans with truth and nothing else. USA USA USA USA USA USA. These are the facts, decades of progress in bringing down crime are being reversed. Homicides up by 17% in our largest cities. Largest increase in 25 years. In DC, killings have risen by 50%. In Chicago, 2,000+ people victims of shooting this year and 4,000 killed since Obama took office. Number of police officers killed risen 50%. 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records roam free to threaten peaceful citizens. Number of illegals crossing this year is already higher than 2015 and they are being released by tens of thousands into communities with no regard for impact. BUILD THAT WALL. BUILD THAT WALL. BUILD THAT WALL. One border crosser went to Nebraska and ended life of one young girl, day after graduating college, valedictorian. Killer was released second time. Fugitive from law. Met Sarah’s family. Obama Regime did not protect. Open Borders did this. What about our economy? Nearly 4 in 10 black children in poverty and 58% of black youth not employed. 2 million latinos in poverty now since 4 years ago. Household income down more than $4,000 since 2000. Trade deficit is 800B last year alone. We are going to fix that. Budget is no better. Obama had doubled national debt to $19T and growing. What do we have to show for it. Roads and bridges falling apart. Airports like third world. 43 million Americans on food stamps. Not only have we endured domestic disasters, but international humiliation too. Our sailers forced to knees by Iran at gunpoint. Prior to signing of Iran deal that gave $150B to Iran. It gave us nothing. Once of worst deals ever negotiated. Obama drew a red line in Syria and it meant nothing. In Libya, our consulate was brought down in flames. America is less safe and world less stable than when Obama made Hillary Clinton in charge of American foreign policy. LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP. Let’s defeat her in November. I am certain it was a decision that Obama regrets making her Secretary of State. Bad instincts and bad judgment. Let’s review her record. 2009, pre-Hillary, ISIS not on map. Libya was stable. Egypt peaceful. Iraq had reduction in violence. Iran was choked by sanctions. Syria under control. After Hillary: ISIS spread across region and world. Libya in ruins. Ambassador and staff killed. Egypt turned over to Islam. Iraq in chaos. Iran on path to nukes. Syria has civil war. Islam threatens West. After trillions spent and lives lost, situation is worse than ever before. This is the legacy of Hillary: death, destruction, terrorism, and weakness. But Hillary legacy does not have to be America’s legacy. Poverty, war, destruction. We cannot rely on politicians who created probs in first place. We need change of leadership to produce change in outcomes. Tonight I will share my plan for action for America. Our plan will put America first.
Americanism and not Globalism will be our credo. We need to put America first. We need other nations to treat America with respect that we deserve. American people will come first once again. Safety at home. Safe neighborhoods, secure borders, protection from terrorism. Law and order. On the economy, I will outline reforms to add new jobs and new wealth to rebuild America. Reforms will be opposed by special interests who have rigged political and economic system. Big business and media and donors want Hillary because she will keep rigged system in place. They have total control over every thing she does. She is their puppet. They pull her strings. Hillary’s message is that things will never change. Never ever.
Things have to change. They have to change right now. Every day Trump wakes up determined to deliver better life for people who were ignored, neglected and abandoned. Communities crushed by trade deals. Forgotten men and women of our country. They will not be forgotten much longer. Trump will be their voice. Politicians put personal agendas before public good. How great are our police and how great is Cleveland? I have no patience for injustice or govt incompetence. When the innocent suffer because govt lacks decency or sells out to lobbyists, I am not able to look the other way and I won’t look the other way.
When Sec of State commits crimes, deletes things to cover crimes, puts country at risk, lies about it all the time, and faces no consequence I know that corruption has reached level like never ever before in our country. When FBI Director says Sec of State was extremely careless and negligent that these terms are minor compared to what she did. They saved her from facing justice for her terrible terrible crimes. Her single greatest accomplishment might be committing egregious crimes and getting away with it. Others not let off hook. Traded favors and access for millions. Time for action has come. I joined political arena so powerful cannot beat up on people who cannot defend selves. Nobody knows system better than me which is why I alone can fix it. I have seen first hand how system was rigged just like it was rigged against Bernie Sanders. His supporters will join our movement to fix trade deals that strip our wealth. Millions of Democrats will join our movement because we will fix system so it will work justly for all.
Next Vice President Mike Pence of Indiana. He is man of character and accomplishment. First task will be to liberate citizens from crime and terrorism. America shocked to core when police in Dallas executed. Continued threats and violence against law enforcement. Law officers shot and killed in recent days. All over. More police were gunned down in Baton Rouge. An attack on law enforcement is an attack on all Americans. Message to all threatening police, when I take the oath of office I will restore law and order to our country. I will work with and appoint best and brightest to get the job properly done. I am the law and order candidate.
The irresponsible rhetoric of Obama to divide us by race and color has made America dangerous. This administration has failed our inner cities. Failed the inner cities. Failed on education, failed on jobs, failed on crime. Failed in every way and on every level. Trump will work so that all are treated equally and protected equally. Every action Trump takes will ask does this make better for young Americans in inner cities who have the same right to live out dreams as any other child. To make life safe must address threats from outside country. We will defeat the barbarians of Islam and defeat them fast. Once again, France is the victim of Islam. Men women and children mowed down by Islam. Damage and devastation inflicted by Islam proven over and over. NYC. San Bernadino. Ft. Hood. Many other locations.
In Orlando, 49 people murdered by Islam. This time targeted LGBTQAI community. We are going to stop it. As president I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQAI citizens from Islam. TRUMP IS ON THE WAY! TRUMP IS ON THE WAY! I have to say as a republican to see you cheering for what I just said. Crowd goes wild. Cheers. To protect from Islam, must focus on three things. Need best gathering of intelligence. Abandon failed policies of nation building and regime change that Hillary pushes. Instead we must work with allies who share goal of stamping out Islam and doing it now, doing it quickly. We will win and we will win fast. This includes working with greatest ally, the state of Israel. NATO is obsolete because it does not cover terror. Many member countries do not pay fair share. As usual the US picks up the cost.
NATO will be setting up new program to combat terrorism. That is step in right direction. We must immediately suspend immigration from any nation compromised by terrorism until vetting mechanisms put in place. We do not want them in our country. We do not want what happened to Europe to happen here. Hillary wants 550% increased in Muslim immigration on top of existing massive flows already under Obama. She wants this despite no way to screen them to see who they are or where they come from. I only want to admit individuals who support our values an love our people. Anyone who endorses violence, hatred or opposition are not welcome and never ever will be. Decades of record immigration have produced lower wages and higher unemployment. We are going to have an immigration system that works for the American people.
Illegal immigrants kill our citizens. Mothers and fathers lose their children to violence spilling across our borders. We can solve it. We have to solve it. Families have no special interests to represent them. No demonstrators to protect them or protest for them. Hillary will never meet with them. She wants sanctuary cities. Where was sanctuary for Kate Steinley. Where for the children killed? We can solve this problem so quickly. We need to stop the murders and suffering. Wounded American families have been alone but are not alone any longer. We will stand in their corner and support them and pledge in their honor to save families from suffering and same awful fate. We are going to build a great border wall to stop illegal immigration and gangs and violence and drugs. Endorsed by border patrol agents. Will protect our lawful immigration system. Lawful system. End catch and release and human smuggling. Illegal border crossings will end. It won’t be happening anymore. Peace will be restored by enforcing the rules. Our laws will finally receive the respect they deserve. Listen closely to Trump’s words: day Trump takes office, Americans will finally wake up in country where laws of United States are enforced.
We will be considerate and compassionate but start with our own struggling citizens. USA USA USA USA USA USA My plan is the exact opposite of the dangerous policies of Hillary Clinton. Americans want relief form uncontrolled immigration. Hillary wants mass immigration, mass amnesty, mass lawlessness. She wants to overwhelm communities. Make it harder for recent immigrants to escape poverty and join middle class. Vision for workers need fair trade policy. Stands up to countries that cheat, of which there are many. Moment I take office. I have made billions making deals. I am now going to make our country rich again. Greatest business people in world will turn bad agreements into great trade agreements. We have lost 1/3 of manufacturing jobs because of the Clintons. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, one of worst deals ever. Never again. Trump will bring back our jobs to Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and Michigan. Will not let companies move to other countries without consequence anymore. Hillary wants every trade agreement that destroys middle class and she let China into world trade organization. Job killing deals. TransPacific Partnership that will destroy our jobs and put foreign governments over us. Trump will never sign deal that diminishes our freedom and independence. America first again.
Taxes simplified and reduced for everyone. America is one of highest taxed nations in world. Reducing taxes will cause businesses to come roaring back. Must deal with job killing regulation. End red tape. Lift restrictions on production of energy. job creating economic activity. Hillary wants to put coal and steel out of business. Steel workers and miners are going back to work again. Will build infrastructure. Millions of more jobs. Will rescue kids from failing schools. Make schools safer. Have a choice. Hillary wants to protect bureaucrats and Common Core. That’s what she does. Get rid of OBAMACARE. Repeal and replace. Choose own doctor again. Fix TSA at airports and end that disaster. Going to work with all students drowning in debt. Tremendous problem. Completely rebuild depleted military. Countries we protect will pay their fair share. Take care of our veterans like never before. Hillary is out of touch. Every department head in government will eliminate wasteful spending in first 100 days (just like in movie Dave). Trump is going to do it.
YES YOU WILL. YES YOU WILL. YES YOU WILL.
Going to appoint justice to uphold our laws and Constitution. Replacement of Scalia will be someone similar to him. Most important issue decided by election. Hillary wants to abolish second amendment. Trump received endorsement of NRA. Protect right to keep families safe. Thanks evangelical and religious community. Amazing support. Will not let them down. Will change laws to allow religious to speak minds from pulpits. Take away IRS power to strip tax status. Protect free speech for all Americans. Can accomplish great things and more. Believe in ourselves and our country again. Start believing.
Time to show whole world that America is back and bigger and better and stronger before. Lucky to have Melania and children. Thinks of his father. Respect dignity of work. Dignity of working people. Mother Mary was kind and charitable person and judge of character. Sisters and brothers. Have had a great life in business. Now going to work for the country and going to work for us. Victory for American people. We are going to start winning again. To do that must break free of petty politics. Need to get rid of censors and critics and cynics. Do not listen to the naysayers. We love defeating them. They want to keep rigged system in place. Must believe in America. History is watching. Will we rise to occasion and show whole world America is free and independent and strong. Trump will be our champion in the White House.
Hillary asks supporters to recite loyalty pledge. Trump says: I’m with you, the American people. Trump is your voice. Trump is with us. He will fight for us. He will win for us. Trump promises to make America strong again, proud again, safe again. Make America great again. God Bless and good night.
15. Wrap-up and goodbye to Cleveland
If you enjoyed this recap and the other writing on this site, please consider reading our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. You can also ask your local public library wherever you live to order the book for its collection. We’d love to see the book carried in as many libraries as possible because the American Library Association has made our book the #1 Banned Book in America by aggressively trying to suppress, censor, and ban it and keep the book out of your hands, since it spills the beans on every bad thing that the ALA has been doing as part of George Soros’ plot to transform American communities by transforming libraries and sexualizing children against their parents’ wishes.
In 2013, Megan Fox and I caught a local public library covering up sex crimes happening in the building, including child pornography being accessed but the library staff deliberately chose not to call the police. We filed Freedom of Information Act Requests to obtain the library’s internal documents and also police records to piece together how big of a problem was ongoing in this Chicago suburb. Instead of handing over the document as they were required to do by law, the library and the entire Village of Orland Park decided to fight us. Chief Timothy J. McCarthy and the Orland Park Police engaged in a pattern and practice of harassing Megan and me, to try to scare us off this case and make us drop our investigation. We had to take the Village and the library to court to get the documents we wanted. The Police Department violated the law and ended up having to settle with us for $12,000 over its violations, all committed as part of Chief McCarthy’s plan to stymie us or scare us away. The American Library Association got involved and encouraged a library employee to file a meritless SLAPP lawsuit to scare us away. So, Megan and I had to defend our First Amendment rights in federal court. The library tried censoring and silencing us. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us. Chief McCarthy’s police officers threatened us. Library employees and their families targeted Megan for online harassment and someone left dead animals in her yard and vandalized her car. The police would do nothing to stop the harassment, as local government circled the wagons to protect itself and keep the truth from the public. In the end, we discovered YEARS worth of sex crimes that went unreported. Women sexually harassed in that library. Women and children sexually stalked. Men openly masturbating at computers. Child pornography being allowed to be viewed without police being called. That’s why they fought so hard to silence us, threaten us, scare us, and bully us. They didn’t want any of this getting out. We have it all documented in our book. I hope you read it. It’s currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, as the American Library is putting out enormous pressure on libraries to NOT carry the book…even though it’s the only book we can find that’s ever been written that exposes criminal activity and cover-ups in public libraries.
They did everything they could to use except murder us.
[h/t Governor Palin for sharing this video, “Road to Nowhere,” via Breitbart today.]
Ted Cruz is someone who has always given me the creeps and heebie-jeebies, though I’ve never been able to figure out why. His wife Heidi also sets of warning bells in my brain, though to a lesser extent. She comes across to me as someone who is married to a very strange and bizarre man and the oddness about her fits with her being a woman who protects the secret(s) of her strange husband. Cruz jives perfectly with being a man whose face strains to hide something dark and unacceptable that he conceals from the world. I just have never been able to figure out what that secret is.
I don’t think that Cruz is secretly gay, because that’s a totally different sort of look on a man’s face. Closeted gay men give themselves away in their eyes and other gay men (at least) can see that they are diverting great energy to obsessively ensuring that no one figures out their secret when they are talking and interacting with others. It’s like a computer whose memory and operating system resources are being diverted to the BUTCH IT UP program, and everything else runs clunkily as a result. One great example of this is Lindsey Graham, because you have to be blind not to see it in his face, especially around the Bette Davis eyes:
But, this is not what I see when I look at Ted Cruz. I don’t think that Cruz is gay, or even bi, but I think he’s hiding something else and Heidi’s clearly in on whatever that secret is and protects it for Cruz.
Over the last year, several people have brought this topic up in conversation with me separately. Every time it’s happened, the person wanting to speculate on what Cruz’s secret could be had reached a point where he or she just couldn’t take it any longer…they all had to talk about it with someone, but they didn’t want to gossip. Ted Cruz is a sitting United States Senator and he ran for president…and like him or not people wanted to give him respect. I think everyone can tell that there is something off and something wrong about Cruz, but no one wanted to offer any private theories on what his secret could be. Though everyone agreed he looked like he’s hiding SOMETHING. Here’s a rundown of some of the theories for what Ted Cruz could be hiding:
1. More than one person has raised the question whether Ted Cruz is a cross-dresser at home. There’s something about his face where he looks like he recently was wearing makeup. If you know any drag queens, even when they are dressed as men and are not performing, their faces look like they were wearing makeup yesterday. The makeup doesn’t totally come off, or their faces just become so used to wearing the makeup that it leaves an impression. I’ve never done drag, so I’m not sure exactly how this works. But several people I know have wondered if at home Ted becomes Teddi and if Heidi helps him apply his makeup or shops for his alter ego’s clothes. He’s straight…but enjoys cross-dressing. He wants to stay a male and is not transgender, but enjoys dressing up like a woman when no one else is around. The Amazon Prime tee-vee show Transparent has characters like this; one memorable episode from Season One (Ep:8, “Best New Girl”) was a flashback to the 1980s, where Jeffrey Tabor’s cross-dressing character Mort heads to a wilderness retreat with other married men who like to wear women’s clothes. None of them identify as gay and even get upset and puff up when someone would imply that they were gay. They insisted they were real men…who just enjoyed dolling themselves up to unwind and relax. Many of these men brought their wives along to the retreat, where they helped them with their makeup and wigs and accessorizing their fancy outfits. I can easily picture Ted and Heidi Cruz being part of a group like this. Watch just this episode for yourself and see if you get the same vibe.
2. Since there is a difference between being a transvestite (a man who enjoys wearing women’s clothes but wants to stay a man) and being transexual (a man who wants to change his gender to female), perhaps Ted Cruz’s dark secret that telegraphs across his face is that he in his heart is a transexual but can never admit it openly or do anything about it. If you remember Bruce Jenner before he became glamorous socialite Caitlyn Jenner, Bruce always had a strained, strange look on his face that telegraphed that something was not right about him. Now that he’s transitioned into Caitlyn, that look on his face is gone. It was replaced by relief and happiness. A lot of people I know have mocked Caitlyn (and Bruce for transitioning into Caitlyn), but I beg you to be charitable towards her and to respect her transition. Here in Chicago, I personally know several transmen (people who were born female and raised as girls but who felt they were in the wrong bodies and transitioned into living their lives as males later in life). In pictures from when they were living as female, there is a clear sense of “off” and “struggle” on their faces that is completely gone now that they have transitioned. I don’t know any transgender male-t0-female people, but using the Caitlyn Jenner example, it jives with the transmen that I do know. I wonder if Ted Cruz is someone tortured by the fact that he, like Bruce Jenner, would like to transition into being female but because he is a public figure he knows he can never do that. In one of the interviews that Caitlyn gave after debuting for the first time in her glamorous socialite form (as opposed to the Olympic athlete that Bruce Jenner was), she revealed that Bruce’s wife Kris Jenner knew that s/he was transgendered and supported him/her for years, helping him/her shop and learn how to do her makeup and how to wear wigs etc. When no one else was home, Bruce would put on fancy cocktail dresses and glam himself up as Caitlyn and Kris would be loving and supportive and help Caitlyn emerge. Is Heidi Cruz doing something similar for her husband Ted at home, though Ted knows he can never transition publicly and live his life as a woman the way that Olympian Bruce transitioned into socialite Caitlyn? Look at Bruce’s face before he transitioned: do you see similarities to the struggle on Ted Cruz’s face? When I look at old photos of Bruce, his face is hiding a secret different from Lindsey Graham (who is closeted gay). Ted Cruz’s weird face to me looks more like Bruce’s than Lindsey’s, leading me to believe that it’s more likely that Ted hides a transgender or transvestite secret than being secretly gay.
3. If we assume that Ted Cruz is not secretly gay or a transvestite or transgender, then what else could his secret be? The next option would be that he is into really weird sexual things that he doesn’t want the world to know about (and I don’t much want to think about here at breakfast time). Every year in Chicago, there is a leather fetish festival called IML (International Mr. Leather). This is held over Memorial Day weekend downtown and people come from all over the world to participate. Men who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, school teachers, etc. and have to live a buttoned-down, buttoned-up life hiding their passions and perversions have this one weekend a year to let their freak flags fly. Some guys who come to IML just like walking around bare chested in harnesses with ass-less leather chaps and leather police hats and wearing chains and all of that, like a Tom of Finland drawing. Others are into deeper fetishes, like dressing up as a dog and being treated like a dog; drinking other people’s urine; dressing up as a “pony” and pretending to be a horse or some other animal; wearing diapers and bibs and pretending to be an “Adult Baby Diaper Lover” (ABDL); or just engaging in the kind of Bondage or Domination play that the public got a largely vanilla taste of in that 50 Shades of Grey book series. The people who are into these kinds of fetishes give off a vibe that they are into something that they have to hide. For the 51 weeks a year when they are NOT at IML, if you encounter these people at the supermarket or dentist’s office or library or wherever, they would be running a program in their heads that goes PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT…hoping you never pick up any clues or figure out whatever dark thing they are into sexually with their fetish. The more money these people have, the more elaborate their indulging of the fetish. For instance, some of these people who are doctors or lawyers or businessmen have well-stocked and expensive leather dungeons and play rooms in their homes; these are locked rooms full of various sex toys and equipment, themed to whatever their personal fetish is. A lot of these men are married and their wives allow them to have one weekend a year to go “play” in Chicago. If you see photos of them taken during the 51 weeks a year when they have to hide who they really are and compare it to what their faces look like during IML, it is night and day. When they are able to turn off the program running in the background devoted to PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, their faces relax and the “off” vibe goes away. Could Ted Cruz have an ABDL fetish, where he dresses up in Pampers and rolls around on the floor with a pacifier in his mouth in a secret nursery he’s built inside his mansion, with his wife Heidi participating and playing along as his “mommy,” feeding and changing and and spanking him? There are stranger people who attend IML…and Cruz sure would have the resources to keep such a secret hidden.
4. Is Cruz’s secret darker? I hate to say it, but he’s always given me a Norman Bates/serial killer kind of vibe. People who have this don’t necessarily have to have actually killed, but could be a serial killer who just never had the opportunity in life to act on that. These people seem to be those who listen to dark, heavy metal music behind closed doors or watch torture porn or other extreme videos when no one can see them. Is that Cruz’s secret? Is he into sick, depraved things and does Heidi enable this and look the other way for her husband? Remember that episode of Friends where Monica thought Chandler was into shark porn and enjoyed masturbating to videos of bloody shark attacks? She loved him at that point, and was willing to let him gratify himself to JAWS if it meant saving their relationship. Is Ted Cruz into something incredibly weird that Heidi allows and facilitates (or looks the other way over) to keep their marriage going? Wives do this kind of thing all the time.
5. Does Cruz have delusions or mental illness that he keeps hidden from the world but Heidi knows about? Many years ago, I worked in a bookstore while in college and one of the regular customers was strange but I never could figure out why I thought he was strange. Other people who worked in the store with me liked him; he was a grandfatherly type and was a regular customer who would always buy whatever Preferred Reader card or other dumb stuff that corporate would make us sell to people. But when he talked to you, there was a weirdness in his eyes and I started to feel like he was wearing a costume when he walked around as the grandfatherly guy…and that inside he was something else entirely or saw himself as something different or had something else totally going on behind the eyes. I didn’t know what his deal was, but the more encounters I had with this guy the more that I started to figure out that when he was talking to one of us in the store that inside his head something else was playing on a screen in his brain behind his eyes. And then one day it happened. The store was mostly empty near closing time. I was shelving books in the religious section, and the nice grandfatherly guy started talking to me about the apocalypse. This was in 1995 or so, before the Internet. Back then, the only people who talked about the apocalypse were people who were traumatized as kids in the 50s/60s with the Cold War’s “The Russians Are Going to Nuke Us, So Learn to Hide Under Your Desks!” scaremongering. These were people who would wait until they got to know you well before they would take you into their confidence and tell you about their conspiracy theories about how the world was destined to end. Because they knew that once they shared this secret with you that you would most likely think they were crazy and not speak to them again, they were very careful with whom they brought into their confidence. That grandfatherly man had a very complicated apocalypse scenario he shared with me one night, involving demons and Soviets and nukes and the Gates of Hell opening and the Rapture (which I heard about for the first time from him) etc. It went on for a good 15 minutes and his face changed during that time. He unburdened himself and the strained visage that seemed tortured by secrets disappeared and this sense of calm spread across his face. He let me in on what he was hiding, and it was that he was completely absorbed by his conspiracy theory/apocalypse nightmare. This is who this man really was…and it took all his effort normally to hide the passion for death and destruction that he kept playing in his brain behind the grandfatherly facade. When I did not share in his zeal for apocalypse and he realized it, he got nasty with me, stomped off, and never spoke to me again because he decided I was “too stupid” to see the truth.
In life, if someone gives you the creeps or if you have a vibe that someone is “off,” then I believe you should trust your instincts. If you think someone is hiding something but you can’t figure out what it is, then that person is probably hiding something (though you may never know what it is). Ted Cruz has always concerned me because his face tells me that he is hiding something, but I don’t know what it is. I do get the feeling that whatever he is hiding it is worse than what normal politicians are hiding. I also believe that his wife Heidi is in on it, knows what it is, enables Cruz, and helps him hide it from the public.
Maybe he’s wearing a bra and panties set under his suits. Maybe he’s a woman trapped in the body of a man like socialite Caitlyn Jenner was trapped inside Olympian Bruce. Maybe Ted Cruz is secretly an adult baby and is only happy when dolled up and pampered by Heidi in an oversized crib in their basement. Perhaps Cruz is into shark porn or walks around all day convinced that today is the day that the Rapture is going to happen and it takes every ounce of self-control not to shout that at the top of his lungs like lunatics do on the street corners of Chicago.
There is something very wrong about this man that has always made me want to stay away from him and his wife. I’ve just never been able to figure out what it is. But, it’s certainly something. And whatever it is, it is BAD.
Do you see this too? What are your theories on what Cruz could be hiding?