I invite anyone who can find fault with my logic on this to chime in below — because I want this to be a teachable moment for those out there who keep reading the Doom Reports that the Ministry of Truth in the national media churns out claiming that Democrats are “confident of victory” on November 6th.
Folks, Democrats know they are going to lose big. I’ve been telling you that for months now. It all started with Obama making the “You didn’t build that; somebody else made that happen” statement in July…because after that Democrats realized they needed a miracle for Obama to overcome a public statement even worse than his one about Pennsylvanians being “bitter clingers” back in 2008 (which was made in a private San Francisco fundraiser inside the fabulous Getty Mansion, but it went public soon after that). But, after his disastrous debate performance in Denver the election has really and truly been over for this man…and the only thing left to resolve is just how big a win Mitt Romney is going to have. Democrats are under no delusion that Obama can still win:
* a home has been purchased for the Obamas via a blind trust on the island of Oahu that will serve as the Obamas’ temporary residence beginning in January of 2013 until a grander, custom-built mansion can be completed for them in the next few years; this is very similar to what happened to Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos when they, too, were exiled to Hawaii after being ousted from power.
* Obama’s “bright young thing” staffers are shopping their resumes and trying to land jobs in Chicago, New York, Philly, DC, or LA because they know they will be unemployed come January 2013.
* aggressive fundraising is underway in Chicago (led by Penny Pritzker) for the nascent “Barack Obama Center for Social Justice” and presidential library which will constructed at the University of Hawaii near Honolulu; the University of Chicago has publicly admitted that the Obama library, museum, and Center for Social Justice will not be built in Illinois (which means it is in fact going to Honolulu).
* the Obama campaign has booked McCormick Place instead of Grant Park for his election night event on November 6th; McCormick Place is an isolated and fortress-like facility that’s not conducive to large throngs of supporters assembling unwanted and is the polar opposite from the seat of Obama’s 2008 cult rally in the heart of Chicago that was designed to host a victorious crowd of many thousands. This is not the election night event of a candidate who thinks he has any chance in Hell of winning and is instead the plans for the Obama concession speech.
A new harbinger of the Democrats’ doom emerged today in the form of announcements that Nancy Pelosi is preparing the terms of her retirement from Congress; it’s my personal belief that after this election she will retire to her vineyard in the San Francisco valley (which I like to call “Vulture’s Nest”, with apologies to Jane Wyman and Lorenzo Lamas).
Long gone are the days when Pelosi talked of regaining control of the House and reemerging as Speaker after November 6th.
Democrats are instead circling Pelosi and preparing to oust her as Minority Leader…and send her packing back to Vulture’s Nest. In all likelihood, Pelosi will of course win another term in Congress but don’t expect her to serve it. There will be a special election to replace her next year and she’ll unceremoniously retire from Congress rather than accept marginalization to a position of irrelevance after having called the shots more or less for the last 10 years. It’s well known that Nancy Pelosi behaves in private like a bad imitation of Fay Dunaway-as-Joan-Crawford-in-Mommie-Dearest, and anyone who’s seen the movie knows how well Joan took it when MGM decided to cut her from her contract and remove her from the peacock’s throne at the studio. This is how Pelosi is most likely taking the plans to maneuver “a new generation” into the Democrats’ leadership ranks.
You need to read between the lines here…but this is damage control that the Democrats are doing now. It’s also the first signs of the Democrat Civil War that will emerge on November 7th and continue through 2016, when two factions engage in open hostilities against one another in the aftermath of Barack Obama’s sound defeat twelve days from now. It will be the Clinton Restoration versus the Obama Remnant…the centrists versus the leftists in a battle for the soul of the Democrat Party and its future.
I have no idea who will win, but I can already spot the sides aligning and the battle lines being drawn. It is going to be ugly, caustic, and wildly entertaining for the next four years…and the first political casualties will be people like Pelosi who will be blamed for going too far, too fast and allowing Americans to see clearly that the Left controls the Democrat Party and that’s a bad thing for the country.
I am going to put this in bold because I think it’s something that a lot of conservative writers do not understand (which is stupid on their part): If Democrats have given up on winning back the House then they have realized that Obama is not going to win reelection…because if Obama won reelection they would also win the House.
Please try to correct me if I am wrong (but I’m not) because I do not see a scenario where Obama would win the election but Democrats would also not win the House; it’s actually not possible because the exact same factors needed for Obama to win reelection are the same ones at the state level that Democrats need to take back the House and reinstall Nancy Pelosi as Speaker (as she insisted would happen up until, oh, around the time of the Denver Presidential Debate). What conservative writers are largely missing (and Minitru will never report) is that Democrats’ plans for winning scores of seats in Congress in this election have gone up in flames because they stupidly have been working under the assumption that 2008 was a “transformational election” and not a giant, hysterical fluke that pushed what people thought was a magical black man into the presidency. Democrats have spent the last four years assuming they were wildly popular and had a stranglehold on power that would last generations…but instead they went too far, too fast with Leftist agendas and were rebuked in 2010 by voters. Democrats then assumed that this was a minor hiccup and they believed their own hype and lies that the Tea Party was not real, or if it was that it had peaked and had receded. Mintru enabled this thinking because it, too, wanted the Tea Party and revolt against the Left to not be real in the slightest.
That’s why all the polling has been so wrong: the Left’s been insisting to the pollsters that Americans love Democrats more in 2012 than they did in 2008, but that is just not true. It’s the complete opposite of reality. Never before have Democrats been more perceived as Leftists and been more unpopular with the voting public. Party insiders see the harbingers for Democrats’ doom and are making the moves expected of a party that knows it is going to lose.
The Ministry of Truth will not acknowledge this because the “news business” is first and foremost and “ad business”…and the viewers who remain with MSNBC, CNN, and the like want to hear stories about Democrats winning this election even if those stories are just fantasies and lies. They might as well be showing cartoons. Meanwhile, you have conservative writers like Allahpundit at HotAir.com, Erick Erikson at Redstate.com, and Ben Shapiro over at Breitbart.com who see opportunity to generate hits for themselves by peddling fear porn…which is picked up by lefty sites who want to say to their own readers, “See! Obama really will win! Even these conservative writers think so!”. I don’t believe for a minute that Allahpundit, Erick Erikson, or Ben Shapiro really think Barack Obama has any chance of winning…but I think they write the way they do because they are purposefully trying to make conservative readers anxious and panicked so that people keep rushing back to check their site for the latest updates. More site traffic equals bigger bonuses for these guys and a higher profile with which to command a better gig in their careers after the election. They’re all counting on the fact, of course, that conservatives will just be so euphoric to have Obama removed from office that everyone will just forget about the Eeyore-breeding and anxiety-creating these guys did in the last two weeks of the presidential race. This amnesia happens every time Republicans win…where people willfully forget how much conservative writers panicked or depressed them for no reason. There never seems to be any professional consequences for Allahpundit, Erick Erikson, or Ben Shapiro but there should be.
I really want to ask you to avoid any natural tendencies toward depression or panic that you might have as an individual and remind yourself that 80% of politics is psychological warfare. We really and truly are up against both a Ministry of Truth in the national media (which exists to promote Democrats and the Left at all costs) and a garden of Tokyo Roses in our own ranks (who believe the path to career advancement is writing subtly negative articles about “Romney might still having a chance to win this!” even while Romney is clear very much winning this because these guys know the Left and Minitru like when they do this…which is like them banking chits for future redemption in the form of better paying gigs on bigger sites that have more prestige for themselves). So, we’ve unfortunately got nonstop propaganda aimed at us to benefit Obama while at the same time we need to be aware that not every writer on conservative sites can be trusted to write free of a subtle pro-Obama agenda.
You need to take charge of your own information, folks.
Keep asking yourself if Democrats behavior really seems like people who think they are going to win.
* Why on Earth have wealthy bankers bought a new home for the Obamas in Hawaii that will be occupied in January 2013 if these people think the Obamas will win?
* Why is the fundraising for the Barack Obama Center for Social Justice starting now…and not years down the road?
* Why is Walt Disney World already at work on a Mitt Romney figure for its Hall of Presidents when Disney didn’t make one this early for Dole in 1996 or for either Bush or Gore at this point in 2000 (and never bothered to start one for Kerry or John McCain, either)?
* Why was Gloria Allred dispatched to make a desperate attempt at attacking Mitt Romney yesterday when that blew up in her face?
* Why are Democrats so eager to push any crazy thing they can think of for attention…be it Big Bird, “Binders of Women”, or the game “Battleship”…and not instead telling Americans what Barack Obama would do in his second term that people would enjoy or appreciate hearing?
* Why is Nancy Pelosi preparing to abdicate her remaining power willingly and begin her own retirement plans to Vulture’s Nest when previously she’d bragged that she’d be restored as Speaker soon?
None of the above makes any sense if you listen to Allahpundit, Erick Erikson, or Ben Shapiro and believe that there’s only “a chance Romney could win still win this”. Time to prune the Tokyo Roses, folks, because this race is actually all about how big Mitt Romney’s win is going to be…not “whether Romney can win it” as these fools keep saying.
Democrats just don’t behave the way they are currently behaving when they know they are going to win; they only act this way when they see they will lose and are preparing to pick up the pieces to rebuild starting November 7th.
I hope you can see this…and if not chime in below and tell me what’s still not clear to you and we can work through this. But, honestly, for your own emotional and mental health you need to take a long hard look at everything that’s happening and you really need to start calling out the supposedly conservative writers who are deliberately putting out negative-tinged columns on this election because I truly believe — at the very least — that Allahpundit, Erick Erikson, and Ben Shapiro are at least marginally working on behalf of the Left to mess with your heads and prevent you from seeing the obvious: that Barack Obama is losing and Democrats have now given up any hope of his pulling a miraculous victory at this point.
© 2012, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone