Everyone is speculating on just what the FBI could have that allowed disgraced Director James Comey to strut back into the national spotlight with his letter informing Congress that new information has been discovered regarding Hillary Clinton’s email mess. I have absolute zero respect for Comey and view him like he’s a corrupt circus clown. I think he enjoyed the attention he received on July 5th when he had his big press conference (in which he essentially revealed that the FBI is corrupt and would not be putting a person as powerful as Hillary in front of a grand jury)…and now on Friday October 28th he decided he wanted to be a drama queen again, hinting and winking and wiggling his butt for the cameras like a giggling little imp. He should just come out and say what’s going on, not make us all guess.
This is not how the FBI is supposed to operate: these are supposed to be professionals, not impish butt-wigglers. The FBI should not operate like we are watching children’s theater for 40-year-old gay people in the back of a bar, where surprise plot twists are designed to make the audience gasp and exclaim and clutch at pearls.
The Director of the FBI should not tease and drop clues like a chubby man squeezed into a homemade Riddler costume at Halloween. That’s not how this is supposed to work. That’s not how any of this is supposed to work. This is all very vexing.
So, all weekend everyone has been losing their damn minds over Comey’s letter. I’ve read all of the various theories as to what’s going on and I draw the following conclusions:
1. Hillary Clinton has been caught lying, because something on Huma Abedin’s computer is so obviously confidential and not-all0wed-to-be-on-Huma’s-computer that everything Hillary said to the FBI and to Congress is obviously a lie. She will either have to admit gross incompetence or she’ll be proven to be a liar…and something on Huma’s computer will prove this.
2. Huma Abedin needs to go to prison. Do you remember Scooter Libby? So much crazy stuff happens now every day that this feels like it happened in the 1800s, but it was only just 2005 (11 years ago). I had to look up what exactly Libby went to prison for, but it is much less terrible than what Huma Abedin has clearly been up to. Libbey was charged with obstructing justice, lying to the FBI, making false statements to various people, and perjuring himself. This was all about Valerie Plame, the CIA-agent who was the wife of Ambassador Joe Wilson. Her cover was blown and the FBI investigated Libby for being involved in blowing her cover as a way for the Bush Administration to get back at Wilson for speaking out against the Administration’s war plans. The FBI came down hard on Libby and he went to jail. Why the hell isn’t Huma Abedin in handcuffs already?
The fact that Huma had in her possession a laptop or some other device that had more of the emails on it that she was supposed to turn over — after she signed papers attesting that she had turned over all her required devices — is already worse than what Scooter Libby did. She hid those devices when she was supposed to have turned them over! Libby never did anything like that. He wasn’t hiding computers or phones or anything.
Huma seems to have told many more lies than Libby ever told as well. She also appears to have allowed a deranged sexual pervert and pedophile (her husband, Anthony Weiner) to have access to devices that contained confidential information and the mysterious emails that everyone has been trying to hide. Scooter Libby was never accused of allowing degenerate perverts and sexual criminals to have access to sensitive materials.
Human Abedin needs to go to prison for a long, long, long time for all of this. And that’s not even getting into the fact that this woman is clearly a Saudi Arabian clandestine operative who has been manipulating and handling the Clintons for years. I will never understand WHY the Clintons have allowed this, but it is clear as day that Saudi Arabia has been using Huma to manipulate Hillary for years and that Huma takes her orders from the Saudis. It’s sickening that a Saudi Arabian agent has been allowed to have such unfettered access to all this confidential information. Human Abedin really needs to be charged with espionage…because the whole point of that secret bathroom server was to put all of this information in a place where foreign actors like the Saudis could access it. And Huma seems to have been the facilitator of all this.
3. I think James Comey, Loretta Lynch, and others involved in making the investigation go away in July need to go to prison too. So, you let Hillary off the hook when obviously something bad was going on…and it’s so bad that right before a presidential election James Comey pops up again like a whack-a-mole to reignite all of this. So why the hell wasn’t a proper investigation conducted in the first place? What corruptocrats were behind that? All of them need to go to prison. At this point, Donald Trump needs to call for the reopening of Alcatraz to hold all of these high-ranking people who deserve to go to prison.
4. I’m seeing people speculating that the FBI might be completely corrupt and untrustworthy, but that the local police in New York City are still honest and decent enough to have found an angle to bring the Clintons down. Preet Bharara needs to be looked at for the position of Comey’s replacement as FBI Director. Who better to go after everyone in the FBI who is corrupt and went along with James Comey in July? Bharara appears to have been the one who realized that something the NYPD found in Anthony Weiner’s possession contradicted everything that Comey said on July 5th.
What I think they found is something that shows “intent.” Remember how Comey made the bizarre assertion that the FBI could let the Clintons do whatever they wanted and not prosecute them because nothing showed “intent”?
Well, what if Bharara (everyone seems to call him “Preet”) discovered something on Huma’s computers that showed intent? If that was found, then Comey could not ignore it…because Comey made such a big deal about his claim that “intent” was required for prosecution (even though the law did not actually require “intent”).
What I believe happened is that the NYPD turned everything over to Bharara like they were supposed to do. Bharara is not scared of anyone and is pretty much an American hero and a new version of Elliott Ness. Bharara saw that he could easily contradict Comey and I bet he went to the FBI and said that unless they do what they are supposed to do and stop playing politics that Bharara would have his own press conference and bring the FBI down.
I picture James Comey running through the halls of the FBI, crying, his eyes red and the front of his pants damp with urine. That man is so despicable, he truly is. I imagine Bharara scaring the bejeezus out of him and Comey realizing he had to pull some stunt to try to save himself: and the stunt was that bizarre letter to Congress.
But I don’t think anything is going to save Comey. That man had the chance on July 5th to be a hero. He could have made himself into a future president as well…if he had stood up at the microphone and said that the Justice Department and Attorney General Loretta Lynch were pressuring not to recommend prosecution for Hillary Clinton, but that he would resign from the FBI because he believed she should be put before a grand jury at the very least. Just imagine if this clown had done that. What a moment THAT could have been…especially if he called up on every decent and honest FBI agent to walk out of the building with him. Everyone who valued the oath they took and respected the FBI’s mission should have gotten up from their desks and marched out with Comey. They all should have walked to the Capitol together and demanded to address Congress and tell them about the corruption in the Justice Department.
That would have been historic. Comey could have written his own ticket for the rest of his life after that. The American people would have rallied around him and everyone involved in that stunt would have been heroes. It would have been a real turning point and it would have been seen as the beginning of draining the swamp.
But, instead, sniveling James Comey made up that weird thing about “intent” being required…and it appears that others in the FBI were so sickened by this corruption that an internal war is raging in the Bureau now. Comey screwed everything up…but thank goodness for the NYPD and Preet Bharara (assuming that they were involved in this turnaround, which I believe they were).
It’s really unfair and despicable to do this to the American people on a Friday and then leave everyone hanging over the weekend. Maybe Comey is giving the Clinton campaign a few days to decide what they want to do before another hammer drops. I really don’t know what anyone can do at this point though. This is all unprecedented.
It feels like we are all living inside a John Grisham novel, like The Pelican Brief. This isn’t how our government is supposed to operate. Real life should not be more exciting and interesting than House of Cards. Great Merciful Zeus, this isn’t how any of this is supposed to work!
Today, let’s think about who is voting for Hillary Clinton in this election…and who would realistically never walk into a voting booth and cast a ballot for her.
I dedicated a full year of my life in 2007-2008 to making her president back then…but in September I early-voted here in Chicago and cast my ballot for Donald Trump mainly because as a gay man I am disgusted by Hillary Clinton’s expressed desire to bring more Muslims into this country (when Islam executes gays all over the world and America suffered a horrific attack in June’s massacre at an Orlando gay bar). In the past, there were a lot of things I could overlook about Hillary — like the fact that she is a pathological liar…because almost all politicians are pathological liars — but flooding America with Muslims (and all the dysfunctional cultural backwardness they bring with them) is just too dangerous for gay people and women. We need immigrants who will make America stronger and better. This country should not be a dumping ground for monsters that other places of the world do not want…and we should never become a place for Islam to colonize and spread that particular brand of medieval evil in the world. So, no thanks Hillary. Going all-in on flooding us with Muslims removed any sense of loyalty I might have otherwise had for her. If she loves Muslims so much, then let them vote for her…but I hope all other gays put their own self-perseveration above Hillary loyalty.
I’m, of course, also upset about the Clinton Foundation clearly being a criminal enterprise and operating like a cartel. It’s obvious to me that Hillary’s private server was in place to obscure the pay-to-play deals that the Clinton Global Initiative was involved in…where CGI operatives would beg for large donations worldwide in return for favors that Hillary would grant them at the State Department. She was selling access and abusing her government position and when challenged on this she destroyed evidence and used her husband’s influence to convince Attorney General Loretta Lynch and FBI Director James Comey to look the other way and not prosecute any of this, for purely political reasons. The corruption involved in all of this is sickening. I’m not sure how anyone out there can have any confidence in our government anymore. The Lying Media is refusing to report on any of it properly, of course…but there are enough industrious citizen sleuths out there who will get to the bottom of it all and continue putting together the pieces.
I’m very angry at Hillary Clinton. She destroyed herself by engaging in duplicitous greed. I’m also certain her health problems are crippling and the true extent of how bad everything is has been hidden from the public. That’s just another one of her strange, pathological lies in my book.
I could go on and on here, but you get the point. I’m someone who threw everything I had into her 2008 campaign and believed she would have been a better president than either Barack Obama or John McCain…but I not only didn’t vote for her in 2016 but I am furious with her (and believe she should have been brought before a grand jury at the very least).
Many gay people I know — who are supposed to be part of her base — are angry with her over the primaries, where they stupidly believed that Bernie Sanders had a shot of being the nominee. I think this is foolishness on their part because there was no way that the DNC would deny Hillary the nomination twice in a row. They screwed her over in 2008 to give the nomination to a black man, when they rigged the primaries against her. She fell in line in the end with the understanding that when she ran again she would be allowed to become the first female presidential nominee. Sanders was in on all this the whole time, of course. He’s ancient, so having him in the race kept people from talking about Hillary’s age. He’s a far-left socialist, so he made Hillary look more moderate and palatable in comparison. But, yet, Millennials and gays went crazy for him. Every gay guy I know who drank Obama’s Kool-Aid in 2008 and didn’t support Hillary back then (but promised to support her in the future if she ever ran again) was all about Bernie Sanders in 2016. And they are angry that the nomination “was stolen from him.”
Millennials have no love for Hillary and many actively hate her. She is clearly corrupt, so they couldn’t do that thing they loved doing with Obama, where he was this blank slate that they pinned all their hopes and dreams onto. They fell in love with the idea of Obama being some kind of messiah figure who came down from outer space to solve all their problems and they would cry and chant and have sort of a religious experience thinking about him. None of this bizarre phenomenon happens when it comes to Hillary. People don’t like her and never will.
On top of all the reasons that people didn’t like her in 2008 (which centered mostly on people being angry that she never divorced her husband), there are dozens of new reasons to be furious with Hillary in 2016. Her campaign — which I think was the worst-run campaign ever put forward by any presidential candidate — never gave people a reason to vote for her. She just said nasty, hateful, Alinsky-based things about Donald Trump. The Lying Media never faulted her for this, but I thought it was despicable that Hillary Clinton stood there during the presidential debates going on about Rosie O’Donnell and Trump calling Rosie a pig. I live in Chicago and Rosie briefly lived a few blocks away from me when she was filming her little-watched tee-vee show in Oprah’s old studios. I encountered Rosie a few times around town. She is every bit the nasty, rude, pig and slob in real life that Trump called her out as. If you’ve ever seen Rosie mistreat people in person and be a diva in real life then you’d find Trump’s honestly about her refreshing.
I don’t know who is fired up or thrilled to be voting for Hillary. I’m someone who very much would like to see a female US president and for a long time I wanted that person to be Hillary Clinton. But I think something is seriously wrong with her brain these days that no one is ever honest about…and I also think that the woman has serious ethical and moral problems when it comes to the way she and that Clinton Foundation conduct themselves. She is a Pandora’s box of nightmares and scandals…and on top of that I don’t think she would ever do a damn thing to change the institutional problems we have in this country. How could she be trusted to ever address any of the corruption when she is so damn corrupt herself?
That leaves us with the question of who is voting for her?
* Are blacks voting for her? As a rule, blacks vote as a bloc for Democrats because they think that is how they will keep getting free things. Blacks by and large have not woken up to the fact that Democrats keep black people poor so they will be dependent on Democrats. Blacks don’t see that Democrats hate blacks but find them useful at election time. So many blacks will continue to vote Democrat this year…but they do not love Hillary. They turned on Hillary in 2008 remember? As soon as blacks saw that the black man in the race could go all the way, they abandoned Hillary in droves. Blacks did what blacks always do: they looked at the color of their own skin, looked at Obama’s skin, and realized they were the same color…so they race-voted as a tribe for him. Democrats have tried painting Trump as a racist…because this is what Democrats always do: they call whoever they are up against a racist. This usually works with blacks, who love calling someone a racist and revving up the Black Grievances Fester machine. But blacks have watched Trump’s antics through the years and they like him, just as most Americans have liked him on the tee-vee. So the usual tricks don’t work with Trump. I think more blacks are going to vote for him than have voted for any Republican in years. Many will also stay home and not vote for Hillary because she did not pick a black man to be on the ticket with her. Blacks would have liked that because blacks are unapologetically racist and color-vote for their own tribe. With no black on the ticket, why should they bother to go vote?
* Are Spanish-speakers voting for her? I still don’t understand why people who made it to this country legally and followed all the rules would want to have America flooded with more Spanish-speaking illegals. That just brings more competition for low-level jobs and depletes benefits that people already here depend on. Hillary wants open borders. I think people who benefit from the way things are now (but don’t want it to get worse) aren’t in any rush to see more of the Third World imported here.
* Are working class people voting for her? She wants to lower wages by importing more cheap labor and she clearly wants that horrific TPP trade deal that will send more factories overseas. She actively says she wants to destroy the coal industry. She does not support energy independence. If you are a working class person, why would you support her?
We could spend all day going down this list. I don’t have the energy for that today. I think you get my point. While the Lying Media screams “The election is over! The election is over!” I feel that this is just something they are doing to trick Republicans into giving up and staying home. It worked on McCain and Romney supporters. I don’t think it will work on Trump’s supporters, though, because people are just so angry.
The Lying Media don’t understand how angry everyone is. And how so much anger is directed at Hillary for all of her lies and her clearly illegal actions that she got away with. People are chanting “Lock her up! Lock her up! Lock her up!” and they mean it. Millions of people want to see this person sent to prison…not to the White House. Since she never really gave anyone a reason to want to vote for her, people are going with their gut and voting AGAINST her.
Democrats tried to scorch the earth and depict Trump as the worst person ever…but that really only depresses Trump’s turnout. The Cocktail Party Establishmentarians won’t be voting for Trump (and will even vote for Hillary, since she’s clearly part of the Establishment)…but will the millions of people who stayed home and refused to fall in line and vote for McCain and Romney finally show up this year? If so, they would clearly vote for Trump.
Who are the people who would come out of the woodwork to excitedly vote for Hillary? Who are those people? I have a hard time imagining who that would be.
This has been such a strange election, but I think Trump’s message of “burn it all down” and “drain the swamp” resonates. I want the swamp drained and I want the corrupt Establishment burned to the ground. I have a hard time imagining who out there wants things to continue the way that they have been.
It’s Hillary’s own damn fault that she’s in the mess that she’s in and no one out there should feel any sympathy for her. She did this all to herself and it’s a tragedy that she’s not a “change” candidate when America wants or needs one.
You have to watch this video. I think at one point Michael Moore says he is in a theater in Ohio, though I don’t recognize it. I don’t think it’s Cleveland. Maybe it’s Columbus or Akron or Cincinnati. He’s reading something from a notebook. I can’t tell from the clip if these are his words or if it’s a letter that was written to him. I took the time to type up this transcript of it in case the video gets yanked by YouTube.
This is Michael Moore explaining why he believes Donald Trump will win. If you listen to his voice, I think he secretly wants Trump to win because no one else in politics has ever embraced the causes that Michael Moore claims he is all about: namely, punishing companies that move American jobs down to Mexico or overseas. Listen to Moore’s voice when he gets to the part where he talks about Trump giving Ford executives hell and promising them that if they dare close factories and move them to Mexico that he will slap a 35% tariff on any cars they try to bring back into the US so that no one will buy Fords again. Michael Moore wanted to cheer.
People are so angry right now and they hate the Establishment so much that I find it hard to believe that they won’t seize the opportunity to burn the Establishment to the ground on November 8th. That’s sure what Michael Moore seems to want to do.
— Begin Transcript —
…there are people that are planning to vote for Trump. And they are not…they don’t necessarily like him that much…and they don’t necessarily agree with him…they are not racists and rednecks. They are actually pretty decent people.
So, after talking to a number of them, I sort of wanted to sort of write this and…
(Reading now…so I guess he did write this)
Donald Trump came to the Detroit Economic Club and stood there in front of the Ford Motor executives and said: if you close these factories, as you are planning to do in Detroit, and rebuild them in Mexico, I am going to put a 35% tariff on those cars when you send them back and nobody’s going to buy them.
It was an amazing thing to see.
No politician — Republican or Democrat — had ever said anything like that to these executives. It was music to the ears of people in Michigan and Ohio and Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. The Brexit states. You live here in Ohio. You know what I am talking about.
Whether Trump means it or not, it’s kind of irrelevant because he’s saying the things that people who are hurting. And it’s why every beaten down, nameless, forgotten working stiff who used to be part of what was called the middle-class loves Trump.
He is the human molotov cocktail that they have been waiting for. The human hand grenade that they can legally throw into the system that stole their lives from them. And on November 8th — election day — although they have lost their jobs. Although they’ve been foreclosed on by the bank. Next came the divorce and now the wife and kids are gone. The car’s been repossessed. They haven’t had a real vacation in years. They’re stuck with the shitty Obamacare bronze plan. They can’t even get a fucking percocet.
(Yells) They have essentially lost everything they had…except one thing. The one thing that doesn’t cost them a cent and is guaranteed to them by the American Constitution: the right to vote.
They might be penniless. They might be homeless. They might be fucked over and fucked up. It doesn’t matter because it is equalized on that day. A millionaire has the same number of votes as a person without a job: ONE.
And there is more of the former middle-class than there are in the millionaire class. So, on November 8th, the dispossessed will walk into the voting booth, be handed a ballot, close the curtain, take that lever — or felt pen or touchscreen — and put a big fucking X in the box by the name of the man who has threatened to upend and overturn the very system that has ruined their lives: Donald J. Trump.
They see that the elites who have ruined their lives hate Trump.
Corporate America hates Trump.
Wall Street hates Trump.
The career politicians hate Trump.
The Media hates Trump…after they loved him and created him. Now, they hate him. Thank you, Media.
The enemy of my enemy is who I am voting for on November 8th.
Yes, on November 8th, YOU — Joe Blow, Steve Blow, Bob Blow, Billy Blow, Billy Bob Blow, all the Blows — get to go and blow up the whole goddamn system because it’s your right.
Trump’s election is going to be the biggest FUCK YOU ever recorded in human history.
And it will feel good.
[Click above to embiggen: whenever you want to go around town calling Democrats “liberals,” you should remember this piece of work, Democrat Kathleen Kane…who was convicted of using her public office to terrorize and persecute her political enemies. Only an idiot would still call Democrats “liberals” after seeing what they do in office.]
One of the things I see Republicans do all the time that helps Democrats a lot is whenever a writer on the Right uses the word “liberal” to describe any Democrat. To me, that is like cutting a check for $100 and sending it to the DNC for every time you say or write that word. Focus groups prove over and over again that “liberal” is a word that the general public enjoys hearing and they have a good connotation that comes with it: they think it means open-minded, generous, kind, and caring. They associate it with sentences such as, “I would like a liberal helping of sprinkles on my ice cream sundae” and “While on vacation, I am looking forward to applying suntan lotion liberally to wherever Channing Tatum will let me touch him.”
A lot of older people use the word “liberal” and I think they are fools…but I get how older people have a hard time changing how they’ve always done something. The building that I call “The Sears Tower” is now actually called “The Willis Tower”…but when I (or just about any other Chicagoan) call that building “The Sears Tower” we are not helping Democrats win elections in any way. Each and every time that a Republican calls today’s Democrats “liberals” they are helping Democrats with their branding…because people who don’t follow politics much think that “liberal” still means someone who likes to recycle, who was a hippy in the 1970s and who makes their own jam and sells it by the road now, or who is a bleeding heart and means well but is often harmlessly misguided. That is what a “liberal” used to be, circa 1987 or whenever…but those people don’t exist anymore.
The people who foolish Republicans keep calling “liberals” are actually fiendish monsters who seem more at home in the Soviet Union than what is supposed to be America.
With 14 days left to go in this election, let’s take some time to sit back and think about what assumptions can be made that are true. Let’s also ask some questions about what’s really going on and how many lies the tee-vee is telling right now. What do we really know?
1. The Media lies and people working in Media knowingly and deliberately lie in ways designed to help make Hillary Clinton president in 2016. This is an interesting phenomenon for anyone who supported Hillary in 2008, because back then the Media lied and succeeded in helping to keep her from becoming the Democrats’ nominee. The two most memorable pigs that year were Chris Matthews and Tim Russert: they aggressively came at Hillary every day during the primaries, telling her to surrender and to give the nomination to Obama. Repeatedly, they would say there was no chance she could win…and that her supporters should not even bother heading out to vote because it was a lost cause. None of this worked very well on Hillary’s supporters though: because we were Democrats, we knew what the Media was doing and recognized this as Alinsky trickery. Hillary ended up getting more than 18 million votes in the primaries (more than Obama had), though superdelegates defected to Obama and handed him the nomination.
These Media tricks work really well on Republicans though. I’ve never fully understood why. I think maybe Republicans are either just gullible or they are mostly honest people…so they like living in the fantasy world where the tee-vee tells the truth, like it did in 1950-something when it used to be in black and white and mostly honest people sat behind the anchor desk. Republicans tend to be people who still send loved ones Christmas cards full of cash…and are surprised when postal workers steal them (disappointing whatever grandchild never got his or her card in the end). Republicans are the people who stop and listen when homeless people come up and say “Can I ask you a question?”…and never see the pickpocketing or mugging coming once the predator has them right where they want them.
So, when the tee-vee tells Republicans that there’s no way for Trump to win and that the election is over, Republicans for some reason believe that. There’s always a large number of people every year who should be voting Republican but who stay home and allow Democrats to win. I will never understand why they do that, but I think a large part of it is that they obey the tee-vee when the tee-vee tells them to stay home. Democrats will never, ever do that because Democrats all instinctively know that the tee-vee lies.
2. Is any Republican dumb enough to “stay home and teach somebody a lesson” this year? Here’s another thing that I never understand, but it happened in 2008 and 2012: this whole thing where Republicans fold their arms and sit on the couch and say “I ain’t gonna vote ’cause I’mma gonna teach them a lesson!” Well, how did that work out?
[Click above to embiggen: Don’t go in the attic, Geena Davis! Don’t let anything bad happen to Hot Mexican Priest either!]
What: The Exorcist (tee-vee show). This is not the movie from the 1970s. It is a new tee-vee show here in 2016. It’s not the movie from the 1970s just playing on the tee-vee, the way they sometimes show old movies at night. This is all brand new, starring Geena Davis and also the guy who played “Cameron” in Ferris Bueller. Other people are in it too. And they all be acting up a storm!
When: Friday nights on FOX. Since civilization is collapsing around us and going out in Boystown on a Friday or Saturday after dark has pretty much now become a scene from The Purge, hunker down inside and scare the bejeezus out of yourself with one of the best horror shows ever to hit the tee-vee.
Where: Like I’ve been saying: it’s on the tee-vee (though I watch it super early in the morning on the FOX website, because I haven’t had a tee-vee since 2009…and am really super proud of that for some reason).
Why: This show just pulled off the greatest twist of any show that’s been on the air in my adult lifetime. It felt like watching that movie The Usual Suspects and seeing Keyser Söze appear for the first time (after having been right under everyone’s noses the whole damn movie).
Last night, FOX pulled off the greatest twist on any tee-vee show that I have pretty much ever seen. I am hard-pressed to think of a surprise bigger than this one in tee-vee history. I don’t throw the word “genius” around lightly, but this was genius. They will be studying this twist in screenwriting classes someday.
In my lifetime, there have been mysteries like Dallas’ “Who shot J.R.?” (and The Simpsons’ spoof on that, “Who shot Mr. Burns?). I think the first time that “The Visitors” on V (the Barack Obama-esque space aliens who appeared out of nowhere and promised to lower the oceans and solve all of mankind’s problems, mostly by chanting a lot of creepy mantras and slogans) ripped off their human masks and revealed themselves to be lizard people from the planet Repton was pretty shocking. But I think we all had some warning that twist was coming on V. Ain’t nobody warned nobody about NOTHING that came at us at the end of last night’s episode of The Exorcist.
What they did on The Exorcist last night, in the episode called “Chapter Five: Through My Most Grievous Fault,” was like reading Agatha Christie’s The Murder of Roger Ackroyd and discovering for the first time what it felt like to be completely taken in by an unreliable narrator.
[Click above to embiggen: the lone Hillary Clinton sign I’ve been able to spot anywhere in Chicago.]
One of the strangest things about this election is the dearth of yard signs or visible support of Hillary in Chicago. This summer, I actually saw more people walking around with “Hillary for Prison” tees than anyone wearing Hillary-supportive gear. People still have their Bernie Sanders signs in their windows…and I see a few Gary Johnson signs here and there. But very little visible support for Hillary.
Part of it, I think, is that a lot of the visible Obama support was values-signaling, where the people plastering their homes or cars with Obama signage wanted to tell the world they were voting for a black man…because that proved they were good people. They were the smarties and YOU were the dummies for not drinking his Kool-Aid. And they wanted you to know that their house was a house full of smarties, where inside everyone was singing the creepy “Obama’s Going to Change It, He’ll Rearrange It” song to their cult-leader.
I don’t think anyone feels that supporting Hillary makes them a good person…and that’s her incompetent campaign’s fault. They didn’t do anything to make people feel that voting for a woman to be president is a big deal or something to be proud of. I think her campaign had a duty to TEACH people that this is something to be proud of because that would be a key to her winning. This is what campaigns are supposed to do: to give people a reason to vote FOR someone. If I had run her campaign, the slogan would have been: It’s Time For A Woman To Be President…which could be shortened to “It’s Time.”
I think that would have worked well for her. Personally, I feel in my gut that Hillary’s going to lose on November 8th and everyone will have a meltdown because no one on her campaign thinks there’s any chance she can lose. No one in the Media believes she can lose. And she is just this giant dirigible that they think is coming in for this safe landing and they have the champagne on ice and all their gowns picked out for the big party…and I just think it’s going to be KABOOM! and the Hilldenburg is going to crash and burn.
It all makes me sad for this brief moment, but then it becomes obvious to me that her campaign’s own hubris and stupidity is behind all this…and that probably works out to be a huge blessing for America. Hillary sold her soul to the Devil in the form of George Soros and his globalists and I think the American people realize that voting for her means erasing our borders and surrendering our sovereignty. Democrats want to completely replace the American population with colonists from the Third World because Democrats could never convince Americans that the Left’s way of thinking is better. So, Democrats ingeniously decided to just eradicate Americanism by flooding the country with millions of people who hate America and have no concept of liberty and democracy. These people come from the worst hellholes in the world and are used to powerful, totalitarian governments. Democrats want to make America into a hellhole and rule over “the New Americans” as totalitarians. Hillary has signed onto all of this like she is Eva Peron.
What: The Alfred E. Smith (Al Smith) Dinner. Not to be confused with the Alfred E. Neuman anything.
When: Thursday 10/20/16 at 750pm CT
Where: The Waldorf=Astoria in NYC (live streamed on CSPAN.org)
Who: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, having to pretend to be comedians for a surreal and bizarre evening
Why: Beats me. I think these events, including that White House Press Corps laughfest they do every year, are stupid. I know that this one raises money for charity, but there are lots of ways to raise money for charity. Have a bake sale instead. Sell chocolate bars like we always had to in Catholic school. But, don’t make presidential candidates come to the Waldorf and beclown themselves. I think this dinner is one of the most bizarre things we do during an election: pause the campaigns and have the candidates do a standup comedy routine. It’s like we ripped a page out of the script of the movie Idiocracy. This thing is even more strange in 2016, now that they are doing this the night after the last presidential debate. Prior to today, I didn’t think this Al Smith Dinner thing could be any stranger…so, shows what I know. I’m going to start keeping quiet about how strange I think something is from now on, since people seem to take that as a dare to be even stranger.
Since it’s you who is reading this, I am going to watch this whole thing — no matter how strange it gets — and take notes on it. But, only because we are friends like that (and have been through so much together already). I will be using CSPAN’s stream on the Internets via the Googles while computering. This will not be a transcript, but my livestream reflections on what happened as it all happened. I will not be going back and fixing typos and all that. This is just me capturing the moment for you, as if I was live-texting it or Tweeting it or whatever, like people do now. I am a really fast typist, thanks to Sister Adelaide’s 7th grade typing class at the Immaculate Conception School…but I am not a court reporter. You wish I was a court reporter, but I am not. Not all your wishes come true, hoss.
[Click above to embiggen: what came to mind when she walked out tonight in her President Snow Halloween Costume from The Hunger Games.]
Who: This will be a debate between Tea Leoni and Nick Nolte. Seriously, if you don’t even know who is debating then I don’t now why you are reading anything on a political site. This might end up being the most-talked-about debate that’s ever happened anywhere this week. This whole month even. At the very least, this whole year! Either the Hilldenburg or the Trumptanic is going down. One shall stand. One shall fall. Where the hell have you been?
What: Third and final presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump
When: Wednesday 10/19/16 at 700pmCT
Where: Technically Las Vegas, but most will be watching it via the YouTubes via the Internets. I will be watching the CSPAN feed so I don’t have to listen to the talking heads, but I’m using YouTube as a backup in case CSPAN freezes up.
Why: Because we are friends like this, I will watch the whole thing for you and do a live stream of thought while taking notes. I’m not going to correct typos or edit this afterwards, so it’s not a transcript. It is just my thoughts on what happened and what was being said as it all happened. I will try to be informative and entertaining, in an informtaining kind of way. People like to complain about political events and say they aren’t fun to watch, but to me this is as exciting as any sportsball match. It’s like ancient Roman gladiatorial combat. And everything possible is stacked against Trump. He is like a saber-toothed tiger in the Coliseum and every dirty trick is being employed by all sides. The stage is set for him to make and change history if he wants to. He really is the master of his destiny if that’s what he wants to do. So far, he sure has been more fun to watch than Mittens Romney or John McLame ever were.
[Click above to listen via the YouTubes on the Internets: from The Trammps to the Trumps = what The Donald’s campaign song should be for the next three weeks: Burn, Baby, Burn…Burn the Establishment to the ground and salt the earth so it can never reconstitute.]
With 20 days left in the election, people who never pay much attention to politics will be tuning in now. I imagine even the hapless “undecideds” (the people who must stand there in absolute tears in a corner of Baskin Robbins for hours and hours, never able to pick out anything to stuff into their waffle cones…because if TWO choices are simply TOO MUCH for them, then how in Hell would they manage with 31 flavor-choices?) will be trying extra hard to be less undecided in these next three weeks. Here are ten things I’d love to see Donald Trump do in tomorrow’s Third and Final Presidential Debate that would prove to people that he’s not the typical Republican and that he would be the only political figure in decades who’d actually change corrupt Washington. Hillary is more of the same and preserving the elite status quo; Trump needs to tell people how he’d burn the Establishment to the ground once and for all.
1. Call for the immediate resignation of FBI Director James Comey and Attorney General Loretta Lynch and demand that Congress subpoena FBI special agents to determine why a grand jury was not convened to review the FBI’s findings regarding Hillary’s email server. Promise to expose all the corruption at the FBI and the Justice Department and clean house. This means special prosecutors and grand juries and jail time for officials who obstructed justice for political reasons.
2. Encourage the remaining honest people who still work at the FBI (all three dozen of them) to come forward and be whistleblowers and national heroes. Get that ball rolling. Anyone working in the Hoover Building or in field offices who values the oaths they took needs to know that the American people have lost trust in the FBI. This is supposed to be America, not the Soviet Union. The FBI no longer behaves the way an American law enforcement agency is supposed to behave. The FBI has completely lost its honor. That won’t change unless Comey is ousted and held accountable for his corruption. Strip him of his pension and frogmarch him out of the building. Trump should light the match that starts that internal rebellion and gives the push needed for everyone who wants to spill the beans on Comey’s corruption to come forward. That Hoover Building is pretty much the modern equivalent of the Bastille and the anger people feel towards Comey and the FBI’s corruption keeps building, no matter how much the Media wants to ignore that.
3. Talk about the IRS being corrupt and being used as a political weapon by Democrats. Call for the dismantling of the IRS and sweeping reform of our tax system so that an entity like the IRS would not even be needed. Simplify our tax system and eliminate the most odious department of our bureaucracy. Also, talk about other entities that are used by Democrats to push the Left’s agenda and harm America: the EPA, the Education Department, the Department of Energy. All of these entities no longer follow their true stated missions and instead are used as political weapons by Democrats. All of that needs to change because this is not how the American federal government is supposed to work.
4. Hammer home how much voter fraud is going on in this country and how Republicans have been too chicken to ever talk about it. The American people have lost faith in the integrity of our election system and believe that elections are rigged. Talk about how our election system is worse than the Soviet Union or a banana republic in South America. Dead people vote. Non-citizens are voting. People are voting in the names of the elderly. College kids are voting in their home state and also in the state where they go to school. Homeless people and union thugs are bused around town to vote multiple times in the day by Democrat “community organizers.” We need one vote for every citizen of age and one vote only…not as many votes as Democrats can bus people around to cast.
Read the rest of this entry »