This page collects some of the various mysteries we have addressed and attempted to solve here at HillBuzz.org. Check back for updates as we continue our many investigations into odd things that happen in American politics, Chicagoland, the gay community, pop culture, the “Ministry of Truth” that is the national media, and other areas (like filthy carpets!).
The Mystery of the Filthy, Filthy Carpet
On February 20th, 2013, we discovered the offices of Hinshaw & Culbertson to be the filthiest law office we’d ever set foot inside…and launched an investigation to determine how the carpet and washroom there got to be so filthy and what could possibly be causing all those stains. This was an ideal mystery to start with for our mystery-solving series, since every good mystery solving team needs to start small with a manageable mystery. That’s how mystery-solvers really hone their skills and practice, practice, practice until they can graduate to higher levels of mystery-solving. Figuring out how this law firm’s carpet got so filthy, what could have potentially caused the filth, how the filth could be removed, and what steps could be taken to prevent the firm’s carpet from getting so filthy involved numerous entreaties to all sorts of experts in the carpet-related field, the entertainment world, local and national government, and other individuals of note.
– Part Two: We reached out to Ann B. Davis, the talented actress who played “Alice Nelson” on TV’s The Brady Bunch in the 1970s to enlist her professional advice on how best to handle the filthy carpeting photographed at the law offices of Hinshaw & Culbertson on 2/20/2013.
– Part Three: Contacting “Heloise”, the Household Hints expert, to see if she has any advice for helping Hinshaw & Culbertson clean their filthy carpet and remove the stinks from their men’s room…based on her bestselling book, “Conquering Stinks and Stains”.
– Part Four: Asking John Grisham for advice on why a big law firm would ever allow its carpets to get so filthy and its washroom so stinky. Seeking his help in determining if there is a basis for an economic theory of “filthy carpets in a big law firm” being the new “canaries in a coal mine”.
– Part Six: Letter to The Peabody Hotel in Memphis, Tennessee asking them about any warning signs they could remember before the hotel shut down in the 1970s…and if the wild ducks that live in the hotel ever made the carpets look as filthy as those in the Chicago law offices of Hinshaw & Culbertson.
– Part Seven: Celebrating the 10 Year Anniversary of The Streisand Effect and writing to Bob Woodward in solidarity regarding the Left’s attempts to censor writers who put out content that embarrasses or upsets them.
– Part Eight: Coming 3/1/2013
– Part Nine: Coming 3/2/2013
– CONCLUSION: Coming 3/3/2013