WHAT: Day Three, Republican Convention in Cleveland (my hometown…jealous?)
WHEN: Starts at 630pm CST on 7/20/16
WHY: Watching all of it so you can read recap and do other things with your lives (because we are friends like this)
1. So, here we go again. Day Three. I will live stream all of the prime time speeches tonight, taking notes and pointing out equal parts awesomeness and/or absurdity, as I see it. If you enjoy these recaps, please let me know in comments or email me. I don’t mind doing this as long as you get some use out of it. I’m also 90% sure I’m going to do the Democrat Convention too, just to have a complete sets of notes for all of this…and also I am curious how awful it will be. As a former Democrat (the party left me when it veered Left back in 2008 and no longer had a place for people who weren’t crazed Alinskyites), it will be strange for me to see how insane everything has gotten in the party. I’m sure it will be stomach-turning. There will be a lot of lies to document. As far as the Republican side, I haven’t heard much of anything that upset me, except Paul Ryan stupidly using the words “liberal” and “progressive” last night. I think anyone who uses these words in the year 2016 is the stupidest of fools. I love Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and admire them so much, but they are also stupid and are foolish to ever use the words “liberal” or “progressive.” That would be like Burger King calling McDonalds’ food “delicious” and “yummy” in commercials that Burger Kind pays to air. Why on earth would anyone use the words that the opponent wants them to use? Why would you ever make your existential nemesis SOUND APPEALING to people? I do not understand the mental illness or brain defect that afflicts Paul Ryan and others when they do this, but you should only call Democrats LEFTISTS. It’s the party of the Left. It is the Democrat Party (and never say Democratic either…because, again, why give them an appealing adjective?). They are Democrats. Not Democratics. Therefore, they are the Democrat party. Words matter. Not sure why conservatives don’t understand this.
2. Listen to how much more effective everything is when you do get it though. This guy, Paul Joseph Watson, is the greatest thing on two legs. I turned 40 this summer. But this guy makes me feel like I am 16 and I am desperate for him to ask me to the prom. I want to wear his letterman’s jacket. Great Merciful Zeus, if I ever met a guy like Paul Joseph Watson in real life and he was into me too, we would totally have one of those super obnoxious civil union ceremonies that the Media loves pushing in everyone’s faces. You’d be invited. Everybody and their small purse dog and transgendered mailman would be invited. Apologies to my boyfriend Justin, but even he would understand. There is nothing sexier on this entire planet than a man who uses the correct terminology for the Left and just comes at them with a sledgehammer the way that Paul Joseph Watson does. He has three names because clearly his awesomeness could not be contained or accurately described with merely two. Just listen to how impactful what he says is…and then think of how much less effective and/or stupid/foolish it would be if he used “liberal” or “progressive” instead of LEFTIST. Words matter. Sexiness matters, too, if we’re being real. We need so many more guys like this out there every single day. We need so many fewer people still using “delicious,” “liberal,” “yummy,” or “progressive” to describe Democrats.
3. Presentation of Colors at 635pm CST by Boy Scouts from Rocky River (a cool suburb of Cleveland near the lake, parts of which look like Maine or New England and are super charming). Star Spangled Banner is sung by a very nice person. But she ain’t no Whitney Houston. Not a day of my life goes by that I do not thank a generous God in an awesome Heaven for giving us Whitney Houston for 48 years. That voice. That rendition of the national anthem. Proof there is a God and that he loves us very, very, very much.
Top that, Canada. Or Papua New Guinea. Or whatever. Just try and top that. I dare you. Best. National. Anthem. Ever.
4. Here’s the lineup for tonight. Who are you looking forward to hear from?
5. I’m looking forward to hearing Attorney General Pam Bondi, Governor Scott Walker, Eric Trump, Newt Gingrich, and Mike Pence. Not sure why Callista Gingrich shoehorns herself into these things. What does she bring to the table? If Newt becomes Trump’s chief of staff, will she be there too? Maybe I am missing something. Even Harrison Ford doesn’t bring Callista Flockhart to as many things as Newt brings his Callista. Maybe there are surprises planned for tonight, but this looks like the least fun of any night. It will be hard to top the quasi-religious experience that was last night’s Chris Christie GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY? performance. I almost want to stay up all night writing fan fiction based on that, set in a future where Christie spends the next four years aggressively investigating and prosecuting the Clintons, using stadiums around the country to get people to shout GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! on a national tour.
6. Well, this was an improvement from the band last night. Hellllllllllllo, nurse.
7. Band is singing about a Burning Ring of Fire. Nice throwback to Ben Carson’s speech about Democrats worshiping Lucifer by way of Saul Alinksy. The Left is really upset about that speech today, but you either believe the Devil is real or you don’t. I not only believe he’s real, but I’ve seen true evil manifest in this world. Megan Fox and I fought evil for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS on the ground here in Chicago. We fought Democrats in Chicago who wanted child pornography to be available in a public library in the suburbs, and they refused to stop what they were doing…and chose to come after us instead. If that’s not evil, I don’t know what is. If evil and the Devil exists, the next logical step is to realize that God exists. God is real and is the opposite of evil. It’s up to us to choose sides, to choose who we serve. We’re given a few years on this planets, the blink of a cosmic eye, to do the best we can for whatever side we choose. In recent years Democrats have clearly made their choice to serve Lucifer and all the horrors he wants to bring to this world. Republicans have more or less served the Chamber of Commerce, but I believe that Donald J. Trump is an imperfect man who wants to cast his lot with the forces of good. The fact that so many people in BOTH parties want to stop him means that he’s the right man for the right job at this moment in time. Did I ever imagine that I would be supporting Donald Trump for anything? No…but that’s why God has such an awesome sense of humor. I’ve been on so many adventures in the last few years that blew my mind, with incredible twists and turns that had God’s fingerprints all over them. He meant for Megan and me to fight evil in Orland Park and win. I believe he wants Donald Trump to win this election too. It has been a rollercoaster with God pressing a thumb on the tracks, tilting it all in the direction it was meant to go, as wild a ride as it’s been.
8. Rick Scott, Governor of Florida. He thanks everyone for supporting Florida after Islam’s massacre of 50 people in the Orlando gay bar. He’s talking about terrorism. How many times will Islam’s evil have to happen before America faces the truth? How many Orlandos, Ft. Hoods, San Bernadinos, or World Trade Centers have to happen? This war is real. It is here in America. The next president must destroy Islam. It is the great evil in our world. Donald Trump is the man for that job. Scott has known Trump for many years. America is in record high debt. Economy is not growing. Jobs going overseas. Military allowed to decay. Washington grows while the rest of American struggles. Democrats led us off a cliff. He’s right. Perhaps Donald is not police and he is too direct. He is from New York and that is how people are there. Get used to that. He does not pussyfoot around. This election is about the survival of the American dream. It is time for all Americans to put down their partisan banners. Do the right thing for this country. Vote for Donald Trump. I really didn’t like this guy as a speaker. And he is really weird looking. Sorry, but true. Why pick him to talk?
8. Laura Ingrahim. Someone will be really mad at me, but I don’t know who this woman is. I am not sure if she is Dr. Laura or someone else. She seems very nice. But she’s another blonde woman speaking when I think there’s been a lot of that already. Says her grandparents were Polish immigrants who learned English and assimilated. Her mom was a waitress until age 73 years old. Her father worked in a factory. Her mom made her clothes. She wore the same winter coat for 40 years. This sounds a lot like growing up in Cleveland. Any extra money was saved. There is dignity in every job. Every job. No matter what you do. Whoever this woman is, I like her. She’s great. Her brothers picked tobacco and blueberries and raked lawns. Her parents didn’t believe there were jobs that Americans would not do. In the early 1970s, she watched the news with her mom. Why are people burning the American flag? Honey, because their parents didn’t teach them about respect. You would have loved her mother. This speech is good. She should have gone first, not Governor Scott. Respect is in decline in America. People don’t respect the government. Government does not respect the people, not even veterans. Politicians do not respect Constitution or the life of infants in womb or elderly who languish alone (Google Chester Siniawski for a horror story about that). People do not respect police. Police do not respect the people. Public office holders do not respect the rule of law. Isn’t that right, Mrs. Clinton? I really hate to have to keep saying this, but Hillary Clinton did something so horrible when she lied the way she did. It makes me so sick and heartbroken she did this. Our allies overseas do not respect us. It’s sad to see this happy to country we love. This is our home. It belongs to us and our children. It is where our dead are buried. We deserve better. We can do better. We must do better. She’s a great speaker! We have to turn this around. We have to restore respect across all levels of society. Hillary created status quo and that’s why she thinks it is fine. Trump knows that a nation without borders is no nation at all. Hillary wants no borders. Trump knows that you must put citizens first. Hillary thinks America is just another nation in a global order. Trump knows that America’s greatness comes from her people and freedom. Comes from God. Hillary Clinton believes greatness can only be found in globalism and government bureaucracy that she wants to rule over as a queen. Hillary thinks government solution for every problem. No, Hillary, you are the problem. Hold the phone: Laura Ingrahim says she was in high school in 1979. WHAT??????????? She looks younger than me and my friends! She doesn’t even look like she’s 40. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She says the wait for greatness is over. It’s done. Trump is here. He’s going to stop the craziness. He will work tirelessly to get country back on track. We should all — even the #NeverTrump people — must honor pledge to support the Republican nominee now. Tonight. Tonight. TONIGHT. Democrats are nominating the woman who helped orchestrate America’s decline. This is a bad joke, like skinny jeans on men or man buns. Ha! She doesn’t want to tell stories to kids about how great America used to be. Never give up. Rise to every challenge. We fight. We win. We are Americans. Trump won the Republican nomination because he dared to call out the phonies and the fraud and the corruption that has gone unexposed for too long. DO YOUR JOB MEDIA! She got THUNDEROUS applause with that line. Extended standing ovation. Doing your job is a novel concept. Boy is she a good speaker. What a joke the Media is. America is onto you. Donald Trump respects us enough to tell the hard truth. Speak the truth about immigration, trade, diminished status around the world. Even in the face of unfair criticism and sheer hatred. They had their chance. Now, it is our chance. America, let us tonight go forth and reject the politics of division. Let’s defeat the Clinton Machine. Let’s send the consultants, the pollsters, and the lobbyists packing. Let’s give the power back to the people. Let’s elect Donald Trump president of the United States. God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America.
9. Businessman Phil Ruffin next. Friend of Trump. Word is his bond. If he tells you something, you can put it in the bank. He can look at a deal and make something great out of it. GE Building, Trump bought and made $300M off it. Palm Beach. Trump paid $40M for it, sold for $100M. Shows what I know. He has put tens of thousands of American workers to work. These are high paid construction jobs. $40 to $50 an hour. Does this all over. He did it in Chicago with Trump Tower. He did it in New York. Name is all over the place. Miami. He just bought a country club. Loves Florida. Las Vegas too. This guy is charming and fun. I like hearing from these real people who work with Trump. I like this so much better than people like that Lt. General Flynn, Kevin McCarthy, or Governor Scott…who were the worst speakers so far. This guy Phil Ruffin is good. Talks about Trump not giving up. Smart. Honors commitments. Pays bills on time. Paid off all debt. Vegas project became a huge success.
10. This is how I think of Donald Trump being President, based on what people say about him:
11. Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi next. November 8th is day of reckoning for all those who abuse power. We talk back our government. I think she spoke in 2012. I remember her being really good then. Winning election means reclaiming rule of law. The law must apply equally to everyone and back our law enforcement. They have our backs and Trump will have their backs. These laws are under siege by a President determined to ignore what he does not like and Hillary who feels law does not apply to her. Take away her security clearance. How do you become president when you can’t have security clearance. Hillary believes our enemies deserve our respect and empathy. That is crazy. Trump believes that terrorists deserve to die. Our enemies are evil and deserve to die. Hillary will fill SCOTUS with Leftists to rampage against our rights, utter contempt for Second Amendment. She knows Trump. He will appoint conservative Justices who will defend and not rewrite our Constitution. Are you ready to send Islam a message that America is coming after them? When Donald Trump is president he will come after them. So on November 8th remember this. If you believe in limited government and constitutional rights. If you believe in rule of law. If you want America to act like America again, there is just one choice: TRUMP
12. Then they played a video about astronauts.
13. Eileen Collins, Astronaut, speaks. First woman to command space shuttle. We are a nation built by people who were not afraid to do something first. Pave our way forward. We are a nation of explorers. Kennedy issued challenge to land man on moon and bring him home safely. 40 years ago, that happened. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. Took flag and plaque, men from Earth set foot on moon July 1969. We came in peace for all mankind. Landing to fulfill leadership challenge and to explore. Exploration leads to invention and discovery. Our robots sent to other planets provide info on our own planet. It’s been over 5 years since US has launched astronauts from own soil. We must do better than that. Countries that are strong explore, invent and discover. Heritage of explorers. Need president who will make space program first again. Make America great again. Thank you and God Bless America. She was kind of low energy but it was cool to hear from a space shuttle commander.
14. Michelle van Etten, Businesswoman. Anecdote about wanting to have a circus as a kid. Father told her that she should have dreams and do work and get job done. At 20 year reunion, she decided to dream again. Open up home based business. When you go after dream, you must fail forward and never quit. Level up to become the type of person you want in the business. Her husband was able to retire and homeschool her children because she will not subject them to Common Core. She owns small business, fashion studio in Florida. Envy House of Style. Florida rocks. She is living American dream. She’s also wearing a cape, which is awesome. Millennials want to be own bosses but will not be able to because of excessive policies and eight years of the Left’s overtaxing, over regulating, and killing American dream. Small businesses are backbone of America. We live in land of opportunity and must protect American dream above all else. American dream is being denigrated because of what is going on. We need a change. If you want a change and you believe we can make a difference then we need a businessman and not a Hillarycrat. We need president that believes that business is the backbone of America. Do not raise taxes. Protect children. End Common Core. Repeal Obamacare. Allow small businesses to provide healthcare. Foster creativity and innovation. Bring back manufacturing. She seems like a nice person but kind of lost her way in the remarks and stumbled a bit. Not the best choice for a speaker.
15. State Senator Ralph Avaraddo. From Kentucky. Commonwealth of Kentucky. Gratitude for addressing assembly. First Hispanic elected to general assembly in Kentucky. I’m really sick of hearing about Hispanics. I feel like our country is under apartheid right now: feels like Hispanics dictate everything, yet they are only like 17% of the population. They have an oversized influence and oversized emphasis. Why do we allow them to be the thing we have to hear about over and over and over again all the time? Hispanics need to learn English, assimilate, join melting pot, and start seeing themselves as Americans. Not hyphenated anything. Stop the obsession with where relatives used to live years ago. Become an American in the melting pot and leave the Spanish behind. Make English your present and your future. This guy Ralph is saying that Hillary does not want people to succeed, wants them to stay poor. Obama wants to restrict rights. Rejects honesty, lies all the time. IRS enemies list. Green energy cronyism. Benghazi. Banking scandals. On and on and on. Hillary lies all the time too. Face decision. Do we want more lies? Or do we want someone brutally honest like Trump. Decision is about whether America will go up or it will go down. We need to protect American dream. Only one candidate who will protect for future generations. It is Trump. UGH! Then he gibbers in Spanish. I HATE THIS. I HATE HEARING SPANISH. I hate this so much. Speak English. SPEAK ENGLISH. It makes me sick hearing Spanish. Spanish is the language of poverty. No Spanish speaking country has its act together. All Spanish speaking countries are dysfunctional and backwards and poor. Learn English to get ahead. Speak English and get your act together. Spanish is like nails on the chalkboard to me. Leave the Spanish behind when you move here. Speak English at home. Leave the Spanish in the place that you left and start a new life in English.
16. Darrel Scott, Pastor. He’s a dynamic and high energy speaker. I like him. Says Democrats have failed America. More divided now than ever before. We need to put into practice what makes our nation great. Source of strength. Do what’s in our best interests. The greater America is, the greater the world becomes. Trump is a patriot. Someone who loves country, supports its authority, and promotes its interests. Many Leftists believe we are nation just like any other. But we are not like any other. We are the greatest nation in history. We are proud of being Americans and proud of being patriots. We must be a melting pot. We have diversity but must stand tougher as Americans and stand together as one nation under God indivisible. We are here as Americans regardless of race, creed, and color. All men are created equal and are endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights. He quotes Dr. King. Donald Trump will rebuild the broken trust between citizens and government. The last 8 years have been bad for black people. Civil unrest and national distress. This is one of most crucial elections in American history. Trump will unify. Will get people from NO to YES. Problem solving. Find common ground. Move forward.
17. Harold Hamm, Continental Resources. Talks about energy. President Trump will fuel future and achieve American energy independence. Obama has tried to destroy energy. He gave Iran the bomb and billions and vilified Israel. Obama and EPA want to crucify America’s oil and gas producers. Hillary wants to destroy everything too. Nation should embrace energy independence. Not eliminate. Hillary wants to kill jobs and drive up prices. Wants to increase imports from enemies. Wants to get rid of foreign oil. When he grew up he picked cotton barefoot. Left home at 20 with nothing and made something of himself. Trump will restore American dream. Make America great again. God Bless America.
18. Governor Scott Walker. He is handsome too. There are two kinds of guys I think are really hot: lumberjack/cowboys who are rough and tumble and the nerdy-sexy guys. Every boyfriend of mine has been one or the other (except one French guy, who was just pure Prince Charming). The only thing I don’t like about Walker is that he does the Politician Shouting into the Microphone Thing. This is how Hillary talks. I don’t like listening to it. It’s really disappointing that he talks like this. I loved how Chris Christie talked last night, like a person. Not like a political robot who is shouting. It actually hurts my ears to listen to Scott Walker shouting. Boy, he would have made a TERRIBLE presidential or vice presidential candidate. I would have hated to have to listen to this more than once. Good to know he is not great on a national stage. He is doing this really condescending thing too: every few minutes he says something and wants the audience to shout the word back to him, like they are school children and he is the second grade teacher. He also is one of the establishment morons who use the word “liberal”. DUMMY. He must have said it a dozen times. IDIOT. They are Leftists. Stop calling them “liberal” because you HELP THEM when you do that. People who don’t follow politics think liberal is a nice word. They like it. It sounds like a liberal helping of sprinkles on ice cream. But LEFTIST? That is a word everyone knows is bad. If you call Democrats by the word LEFTISTS, you instantly make them sound bad to regular people…instead of making them sound good. Scott Walker is a moron to keep calling Hillary a liberal. That makes her sound good to independents! Why on earth are Republicans doing this??? Paul Ryan did this a bunch of times yesterday too. Must be something about Wisconsin that they can’t learn and don’t want to stop using the Left’s chosen terminology. Again, Paul Ryan and Scott Walker are like foolish Burger King executives who keep using the words “delicious” and “yummy” when describing McDonalds…that is what it is like every time a Republican says “liberal” or “progressive” when talking about Democrats. They use words that people respond well to and they help make Democrats more appetizing to people. Why are they so stupid? The rest of Walker’s speech is hard to listen to. It’s just shouting. Shouting, shouting, shouting. Punctuated by asking the audience to shout things with him. It feels like that Chris Farley “Dan Foley” character who lived in the van by the river and would shout at people. Like this:
19. Lynne Patton, Trump Foundation. Talking about the loyalty of the Trump family. I want to say that through the years I’ve known a few people in New York who had encounters with Trump family members. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have said nice things about Donald Trump and Ivanka Trump. I know someone who has met Ivana too (Trump’s first wife). Everyone was always treated well by the Trumps. I’ve never heard a bad thing about people who have worked for the Trumps or encountered them. They seem like really decent, hardworking, kind, and excellence-loving people. They demand excellence. They reward hard work. Trump is the law and order leader we need to heal a divided nation. Islam targeted LGBTQAI in Orlando. Violence in urban communities in Baton Rouge, Minnesota, and elsewhere. Police gunned down in Dallas. Need healing. We need to stop seeing these as attacks on various communities and need to start seeing these as attacks on America, on our values, and on civil society. Sadly, there is not one person who can deny that black lives have mattered less historically and there are people who still believe this. But as a minority I pledge that Donald Trump knows that all lives matter. Blue Lives Matter. This country is more divided now than it was 8 years. Don’t hope for change. Be the change. Vote for the candidate who stands in solidarity with you. I really like when people who work for the Trumps come to speak. I like hearing from them. She’s talking about how great the Trump kids are. Eric, Don, Ivanka are like siblings to her. They are compassionate, charitable, heroes. Believes in opportunity because she saw it first hand. Father was Dr. at Yale, born in Birmingham. Proud to be black, proud to support Trump, proud to be black person voting for Trump. God Bless this country. God Bless this family. God Bless Donald Trump.
20. Senator Marco Rubio. He made a video. It would be nice if the truth ever came out about why he was arrested in a parked car in a park’s parking lot when he was younger. BlindGossip.com had a lot of stories about him, alleging he was prostituting himself (being a rent boy). Others said he was arrested for drugs, but I think they would have prosecuted him for drugs but police usually let male prostitutes go. Since he was in the car with his roommate who later went on to be gay porn producer, I do think it makes more sense he was cruising for johns. A lot of guys who are straight make money like this. It’s called gay for pay. I think Little Marco is straight but wonder what really happened in that car that he doesn’t want to talk about.
21. Senator Ted Cruz. This man sets off every warning bell that I have in me. There is something wrong with him. I do not know what it is, but his face tells me he is hiding a dark secret. I do not know what it is. He is not gay. You can see in a guy’s eyes if he is hiding being gay. I have a hard time spotting a closeted lesbian, but gay men have this thing in their eyes where they are afraid of people finding out they are gay, so they are always trying to make sure that you are buying the illusion they are straight. Their eyes give them away. Cruz’s eyes don’t do that…but his whole face looks like he is hiding some awful secret. Years from now, if it’s ever discovered that he is into something really weird or shocking, I would not be surprised. It would be like, “Well, now we know what that was.” One of my friends thinks he is a cross-dresser or something and is secret is that under his suit he is wearing bra/panties. His face looks like he wears lipstick and eyeliner when he is at home. I don’t know what his secret is, but there is something really off about him. And his voice gets to me too. I don’t think Ted Cruz is a bad man. I like most of what he says. But I can’t shake that there is something OFF about him that I can never put my finger on. Just watching him, it bothers me so much. I can’t figure it out what bothers me or what he could be hiding. Cruz is talking about how we the people need to constrain government. I WANT TO BE FREE. He says we have no king or queen. We have no dictator. I would argue we do have a queen at the moment…and Reggie Love would agree on Obama’s queeniness. Cruz says we have to do better for fallen heroes. Hillary lies about caring about things. There is a profound difference about party’s vision for the future. Maybe it’s Cruz’s voice that puts me off? I don’t know. I like the words he is saying…but he is just off-putting to me. Not sure if he can overcome this ever. To me, he has that voice like John McCain and Mitt Romney have that does not have a real testosterone masculinity behind it. I like listening to politicians who talk with a confident and manly voice…not this thing that Cruz does. Not every guy has the big manly voice. Reagan had a great voice. It was manly, but didn’t have to be Zeus-like booming down on people. Rick Perry has a great voice…but too bad he is such a bumbler. If Cruz & Perry could combine into one person, they would be a great candidate. Cruz is a good speaker who can deliver lines well…but the voice and his face are odd to me. What I like about what Cruz is saying is that our Constitution sets things up for states to be diverse and decide things differently at the local level. Not be dictated from an imperial capital. This is how I feel. Washington DC should not be the seat of an empire where all decisions for your life are dictated from Washington. Hillary does want to micromanage everything. Cruz brings up BREXIT and everyone cheers. People fed up with politicians who do not listen instead and benefit elites instead of working men and women. Put America first. BUILD A WALL to keep America safe. I wish that Republicans would hit the Left with Harvard/Yale/Princeton…why can the Ivy League be selective in who they admit, but America has to take anyone who wants to move here? Why doesn’t Harvard have to take any person who walks onto campus and demands free education, free room and board, free everything? That’s something I’d love to see Trump hit with. 47 years ago first man on the moon. That was power of freedom. Republican Party was founded to defeat slavery. Abraham Lincoln was Republican who signed Emancipation Proclamation. Republicans eradicated Jim Crowe though Media will never admit. All the soldiers and sailors who fight Islam today protect our freedom. Need standard for leaders to unite us. Don’t stay home in November. Don’t do what you did in 2008 and 2012. If you love our country, come out and vote against Democrats. Vote Republican up and down ticket. Protect our Constitution. It is love of freedom that made people follow their dreams. Cruz’s father came to Texas with $100 sewn into underwear. His mother was first in family to go to college. We must make the most of our moment. Fight for God given rights. When we are old and gray and work is done, we will be able to say that freedom matters and I was part of something beautiful. Need to make case to American people that we will defend freedom and be faithful to Constitution. We will unite the party and unite the country and stand tougher for shared values and for liberty. God Bless each of you and God Bless the United States of America.
22. Eric Trump. VIDEO: My father Donald Trump. Talks about when Trump told family he was running for president. Trump has most GOP votes of any candidate in primary history. He broke all kinds of records. He inspires Millennials. Eric is a great speaker too. All these Trump kids are such GREAT SPEAKERS. It’s pretty incredible. None of them are in politics. Yet all of them are such practiced speakers. Talks about Trump being sick of political correctness. Sick of War on Christmas. Sick of all the garbage that the Left has been doing. Trump is setting aside his company because he sees that the country needs him. Trump wants to fix the country by applying practical business decisions. Wants to fix what is wrong. We need tax reductions. Need to stop squandering money with inefficient government. Need to bring companies back to the US. Stop letting American companies move overseas. Need president who understands the art of the deal and value of the dollar. President who signs the front of a check, not the back (meaning he is not a taker, he is the boss signing the check not one cashing it). Trump revitalizes things. The Central Park ice skating rink disaster that Trump came in and saved. He stepped in because he was disgusted by the ineptitude. He chipped in $2 million to fix in less than six months, $1 million under budget. City botched it for 5 years. Time for president who can make America great again. Ahead of budget and ahead of schedule too. Revitalized rundown neighborhoods and shaped skylines. It’s what he does. It’s who he is. Oprah once asked if Trump would run for president…only if it got so bad that I had no choice. Well, it got so bad that Trump had no choice. Trump sees frustration of watching our country collapse like that ice rink disaster. He can’t take it. He wants to fix it. Third World colonization leaves innocent Americans defenseless. Secure our border. Become sovereign again. Our nation has become a disgrace. Must fix this. Must stop coddling. Must start leading again. Trump loves country. Wants country to be great again. I had a really hard time back in 2012 trying to like the Romney kids. I never could really get around to doing that. But, I really like all of the Trump kids. These aren’t the kind of people who I would ever encounter in any social circles; these are like the day trader guys in Chicago that are totally not part of my world. But those day trader people are really polite and professional and nice to people. The Trump kids are like that. I can see them being polite and nice to everyone, even if they are part of a different world. The Romney kids were really hard for me to relate to in any way. I never liked them. I never really respected them or thought they did anything except being rich and being the children of Romney. The Trump kids seem like really hard workers. They are successful but not snobby. I like the Alpha Male in them and the Alpha in Ivanka and Tiffany too. They are really very impressive people. Eric is saying why Trump is running. He is talking about all the people who have been let down in the last years and he is saying that Trump is running to help all of them. Trump has never been a government employee or received a paycheck from the government. Can’t be bought or bribed. He’s answerable to no special interests. Trump does not need this job. He is running because he felt he had to. Eric is proud to be a Trump.
23. Newt Gingrich (Callista too, for some reason). I don’t understand why Callista is talking. Nothing against her, but who cares about her? She wrote a children’s book. Which is nice. But, who cares? No one else’s wife came to introduce him. Why couldn’t Newt just come out and talk? I’m sure Newt demanded this before he would speak. Callista is telling everyone what Newt is going to say. Well, why not just have him come say it? This is so weird. I think they did this weirdness back in 2012 too.
Newt finally comes to talk. He says his wife can play the French horn or something in a choir. It was weird. He then says that Trump has encouraged people to come speak and bring everyone together. Trump is generous. Trump is only candidate who will uphold the Constitution. If you want to protect Constitution, the only ticket is Trump/Pence. Trump talks as a historian about Trump. His courage to tell truths about national security. We are at war with Islam. There is no substitute for victory. Current national security elites are incapable of being honest about Islam. They lie about threat. We need to tell truth about danger. If Islam had its way, gays and lesbians would be put to death. If Islam had its way, you would be subject to conversion by sword and no equality or freedom. If you doubt we are at war with Islam, let me refresh your memory. In Germany, Muslim used axe on train. In France, Muslim drove truck into crowd. Muslims in other countries bombing and killing. Islam attacked in Istanbul. Muslim in Paris stalked French cop, tortured wife, streamed on social media for other Muslims to watch. Muslim murdered 49 gays in Orlando. All of this in last 37 days. Accumulating atrocities by Islam. One analysis estimated that since January 2015, 30,000 people have been killed at the hands of Islam. Donald Trump is right. We are at war with Islam. We must change course to win the war. We are losing the war now. Islam is winning. We must win the war. Those who support violence against those who disagree with them. 16 million in Pakistan support violence against those who disagree with Islam. 1,200 women raped by Muslims in Germany on New Year’s. Europe is on the brink if civil war because of Muslim colonists. Everywhere is becoming like Israel because of spread of Islam. Worst case scenario is Islam destroying American city. We could lose 300,000 people. We could lose block after block to nuclear event. In January 2001, Muslims will acquire weapons of mass destruction and kill large numbers. Pakistan has nukes. Iran is close to getting nukes. Turkey is becoming Islamic state. We are sleepwalking through history. We cannot keep in place people who lie to us and who brought us to this place. Every American should be terrified of Hillary presidency. All she does is lie. She lied about Iran deal. She brags about getting away with lies. She lied about Benghazi and then says it does not matter. She wants to bring in more Muslim colonists. Hillary lies about emails, about Saudis. This is not politics. This is Hillary Clinton being pathological liar. First step forward is electing a leader who can be trusted and who speaks truth. That is not Hillary. Safety and security are preconditions for nation. Trump understands it. He will rebuild our military. Secure our borders. There is no such thing as a nation without border. Must end deliberated non enforcement. Will take care of veterans. Hold bureaucrats responsible. Give veterans choices about care. No bureaucrats will get behind vet and doctor. Trump will get America working again. Trump infrastructure program will make us most competitive country in world. Will rebuild our education system and give choice of where kids go to school Rebuild communities. Safety. Security. Restore law and order. Zero tolerance for domestic terrorists calling for death of cops. Secret Service goes after those who threaten president. Law enforcement officers deserve save respect. Bad cops must be held accountable. We are based on rule of law. We must make law apply to everyone. People who come here must assimilate and be absorbed. Trump won party nomination. He is willing to tell truth about things that matter. He will put safety first and defend America first. Challenge for all in hall is to rise above factions. Rise above politics we inherited. We must reject suicidal dishonesty of Hillary Clinton. We can make America great for all Americans.
24. Vice President Mike Pence will be introduced by Paul Ryan. I want Paul Ryan to lose his seat in Congress next month by losing the primary. But, I also admit I want to feed him Oreos and a glass of milk and watch him dunk them, because he’s so cute. He’s terrible in every other way, but he’s cute, cute, cute and I have to admit it. The little cookie-nibbler and Oreo bandit that he is.
25. Vice President Mike Pence speaks. He is like Santa’s younger brother. He says he is a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican in that order. I like how he talks. He is nice to listen to. He does not shout or talk like a robot like Scott Walker. He is manly. I really like that. I am so sick of the wimps. I like that Pence acknowledges he is as boring as mayonnaise. He’s self-depreciating. His grandfather was an immigrant who assimilated. His heroes growing up were JFK and MLK. His parents worked hard. His voice is soaring. Ed Pence was dad. Combat in Korea. Ran gas stations. Great father. Dad died a while ago. Surprised his son is next VP. His mom is there! I love when the candidates’ parents are around. How cool to see son or daughter nominated to high office. I love that. Used to be a Democrat until Reagan Revolution. Karen Pence is his wife. Looks like a very nice woman. She was a school teacher and artist. Has three kids: Charlotte, Audrey, and Andrew (I think). His son is a Marine. The greatest human beings on the planet are United States Marines. A man who raised a son who became a US Marine is a guy I respect. There is nothing greater on this planet than a United States Marine. American people tired of being told what to do, told that we will get to things some day. Tired of being told that an elite in the imperial capital can centrally plan our lives for us. This election comes down to Hillary vs. Trump. Everyone must vow that Hillary Clinton will never become president of the United States of America. Hillary would be third Obama term. She invented Obamacare with Hillarycare. She wants more taxes, more regulation, more government. She tells us this economy is the best we can do. It’s just the best that THEY can do.
I was totally wrong about this guy being mayonnaise in a suit. He’s pretty kickass when you get to know him a little. He’s manly, tough, and he has fight in him. I owe the guy an apology and will give him one.
Mike Pence is pretty cool guy. He is smart, sharp, great with facts. He is engaging. Looking at his family, it’s easy to see he’s a good person too. I get a really good vibe off him. He is honest and decent. Not a wimp. He is not mayonnaise. His voice is fantastic. He really lays out a great case for Trump. Says that independent spirit like Trump is natural leader for land of free and home of the brave. People are chanting USA, USA, USA now. Pence reminds me of dad from an old tee-vee show, in a great way. He’s comforting in a Father Knows Best sort of way. You can’t fake good kids…how about his amazing children. Says that Hillary is a big liar and the opposite of someone who tells the truth. When America wants something new and different they bring most predictable of names…CLINTON. Democrats want to anoint someone who is just Secretary of the Status Quo. This joke fell flat: I would have done it as “Secretary of the State of Confusion…or the State of Denial.” Something like that.
He talks about importance of not letting Hillary appoint justices to SCOTUS. Need to make sure she is not president. Needs president to be Donald Trump. He says that Hillary Clinton disqualified herself from being president. Islam keeps attacking the West. World is spinning apart. Weakness arouses evil. America needs to be strong, world needs American strength. Trump will rebuild strength. He will confront Islam at its source and destroy it. America stands with Israel. Obama Regime ends exactly 6 months from today.
Pence did a really great job. He made me like him. I like Mike! I like Mike! I like Mike! He will be a great VP.
— And that’s a wrap! We’ll do this again tomorrow night for the 4th and final day of the convention from Cleveland. What were your thoughts on tonight? Chime in below in comments or Tweet me on the Twitters —
If you enjoyed this recap and the other writing on this site, please consider reading our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In 2013, Megan Fox and I caught a local public library covering up sex crimes happening in the building, including child pornography being accessed but the library staff deliberately chose not to call the police. We filed Freedom of Information Act Requests to obtain the library’s internal documents and also police records to piece together how big of a problem was ongoing in this Chicago suburb. Instead of handing over the document as they were required to do by law, the library and the entire Village of Orland Park decided to fight us. Chief Timothy J. McCarthy and the Orland Park Police engaged in a pattern and practice of harassing Megan and me, to try to scare us off this case and make us drop our investigation. We had to take the Village and the library to court to get the documents we wanted. The Police Department violated the law and ended up having to settle with us for $12,000 over its violations, all committed as part of Chief McCarthy’s plan to stymie us or scare us away. The American Library Association got involved and encouraged a library employee to file a meritless SLAPP lawsuit to scare us away. So, Megan and I had to defend our First Amendment rights in federal court. The library tried censoring and silencing us. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us. Chief McCarthy’s police officers threatened us. Library employees and their families targeted Megan for online harassment and someone left dead animals in her yard and vandalized her car. The police would do nothing to stop the harassment, as local government circled the wagons to protect itself and keep the truth from the public. In the end, we discovered YEARS worth of sex crimes that went unreported. Women sexually harassed in that library. Women and children sexually stalked. Men openly masturbating at computers. Child pornography being allowed to be viewed without police being called. That’s why they fought so hard to silence us, threaten us, scare us, and bully us. They didn’t want any of this getting out. We have it all documented in our book. I hope you read it. It’s currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, as the American Library is putting out enormous pressure on libraries to NOT carry the book…even though it’s the only book we can find that’s ever been written that exposes criminal activity and cover-ups in public libraries.
They did everything they could to use except murder us.
Maybe you can ask your own local public library to carry the book as well? Here’s a preview of what’s in it!
© 2016, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone