WHAT: Day Two of coverage of the Democrats’ convention in Philly, 7/26/16
WHERE: Live stream found at CSPAN or on YouTube via the official convention site
WHEN: Convention resumes at 3pm CST and will go to 11pmCST+
WHY: Because we are friends like this, I am subjecting myself to gavel to gavel coverage. So that you don’t have to watch it all and can just read my notes. Don’t say I never did anything for you and I don’t care, because clearly I do. We are friends like that.
1. First, I just wonder how women feel about guys like the one above, the cute little blonde Bernie Sanders man-child who was crying in his Peter Pan hat during the convention last night. My boyfriend Justin hates when I talk about stuff like this (“Don’t tell them that!” he says), but I am not disgusted by grown men crying in public. I admit that I respond to it, and that my natural impulse is to comfort this guy, give him some milk and cookies, and then maybe call his mom and tell her that he needs her help because he is having a horrible, awful, no-good, bad day. If he was crying on the CTA trains or something, I would stop and talk to him and try to make him feel better. I don’t know how I feel about our society changing from one where men were never allowed to cry or show vulnerability to one where Millennial guys are crying all the time, even for stupid things like not being able to find the Pokemon GO character they wanted to find in the abandoned salvage yard or toxic waste dump or wherever they are looking for Pokemons. This guy — whom someone dubbed “Sobin Hood” on Twitter — is an adorable little cookie-nibbler whose world came to an end last night when Bernie Sanders sold-out and pretty much admitted that he had lied to his followers. There was no political revolution. Just an old man who craved attention and took advantage of gullible snowflakes on college campuses…but in the end surrendered to the machine instead of battling it out to the end. Sobin Hood (another name I liked was Peter Panic) allowed his emotions to flash raw across his face on live television for the world to see. Does that make him less of a man? Well, yes, of course it does. There’s nothing manly about crying your eyes out on the tee-vee because an elderly socialist man has broken up with you and all your friends.
2. This is a few days old, but it’s Michael Moore saying why Trump will win. I think that Michael Moore’s right about all of it. The biggest thing that’s most obvious is that there is no excitement for Hillary and the only thing people can say is that it’s time to have a woman president or that they’d want to see a woman president or it’s Hillary’s turn to be president. None of that is a good reason for her to be president. And this is coming from someone who sunk everything he had in 2008 into making her president. This 2016 election was supposed to be between Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, in which case Hillary would have won. I will let you in on a little secret: Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush would be the same person in the White House…and their presidencies would have been exactly the same. They are both pro-Saudi Arabia, pro-Islam, and pro-Open Borders. Hillary and Democrats want the American people demographically replaced by Third Worlders because they want Democrats to have more votes and become a permanent majority; Jeb Bush and Republicans like him want the American people demographically replaced by Third Worlders because the Chamber of Commerce wants unlimited cheap labor and wages cratering. Cocktail Party Republicans don’t care if they become a permanent political minority, because they see themselves in a future that is based on India’s caste system, where the wealthy elite rule like Brahmins and Americans are poor, uneducated, Spanish-speaking, and are easily controlled. Hillary and Jeb want the same future. The plan was for Jeb to lose gracefully to her in 2016, for her to make him Secretary of State, and then for Jeb to get to be a wonderful bipartisan future in the New America where no Republican could ever win a presidential election again anyway due to all the unconstrained colonization from the Third World. The fix was in. The American people were supposed to be quiet and acquiesce to all of this and be good little frogs boiling slowly and without complaint in the pot that Hillary and Jeb set for them. Trump has upended that and given Americans a chance to seize their own destiny and battle back against the elites’ plan to turn America into a Third World plantation. Americans do not want to be impoverished. We do not want to switch to speaking Spanish, which is the language of poverty. We do not want to see America transform into a Latin American country, with all the accompanying corruption and control by an elite. Even Michael Moore sees the people’s rebellion against what Hillary/Jeb and those who support them both have been planning. Trump is going to win, and he’s going to win big. The frogs have not been boiled and have realized what’s happening before it was too late.
3. Lee Stranahan at Breitbart is reporting that Philly is ripe for a riot. The contrast between the Democrat and the Republican parties cannot be more clear. Republicans showed who they were in Cleveland. It was just like any Tea Party event I’ve ever seen: thousands of Republicans descend on a place and they leave it cleaner and nicer than how they found it. In contrast, when thousands of Democrats come to an area…they leave filth, destruction, garbage, and a giant ugly mess. This is a stark difference between the types of people drawn to each party. At some point in life, you need to decide what group of people you want to be a part of. I am not sure why anyone would ever want to affiliate with Democrats once they realize the sort of people that Democrats are and the things that they do.
4. Wow. Democrats screwed over the Sanders people again today by playing paperwork games to prevent a challenge to Tim Kaine as the VP candidate that Hillary wants. I hope that Sanders people don’t just take this without a fight and wimp out. They should really protest this. If there is a procedure for challenging the VP pick — and Tim Kaine is certainly a lackluster and unacceptable VP pick to many — then the convention should allow the challenge and go through those motions and mechanisms. It should not be okay for the DNC to just silence everyone by fiat through various games-playing. At some point, the games-playing needs to be challenged and exposed. Will the Sanders “revolution” do so or will it wimp out again?
5. Trump has started calling her “Hillary Rotten Clinton.” It’s funny but I’ve never heard that one in all these years. How is it possible that no one has ever said that before? That has a cleverness to it that will catch on. Notice that Hillary dropped the “Rodham” from her name completely in recent years, but some people believed she’d go by the name “Hillary Rodham” if she was elected president. But that surprise would not be made until after the election. She would want to be president under her own name, not her husband’s. Her husband and his name were just something she used to fulfill what she saw as her destiny. Dinesh D’Souza’s movie Hillary’s America got into a lot of this. It is worth your time to go see it in a theater…and I encourage you to spend the money and see it in a theater because it would be nice for this movie to get a big box office haul. Going to a movie is extremely rare for me because it is just so expensive…but I really enjoyed handing over my money yesterday for Hillary’s America. I doubt I will see another movie in theaters all summer, but I am glad that I saw this one and paid admission for it so that I contributed to the box office numbers. It’s nice when a Dinesh D’Souza movie makes a big splash and eclipses the latest efforts by Michael Moore.
6. Again, to me this is so obvious but I think that conservatives have trouble understanding the games that Democrats play. Bernie Sanders was always in on it, even if his supporters were duped and didn’t understand. Since she lost the 2008 to an upstart who came out of nowhere, Hillary Clinton wanted to make sure that the nomination could not be taken away from her again in 2016. The Clintons then looked for a candidate to run against her in the primary who would lose to Hillary. She could not run unopposed. They had to have a warm body…but not one who would beat her like Obama did. So, no one young. A young opponent would make Hillary look ancient. She needed someone so old that he would look like he had one foot in the grave…which would make blonde Hillary look youthful in comparison. She also needed someone who was scary to Americans and who was to the far, far Left. That would make people look at Hillary and say, “She’s not that bad! At least she’s not him!” The Clintons found this perfect primary opponent in Bernie Sanders, who agreed to play the game and do his part to get Hillary to the nomination.
Again, I repeat, SANDERS WAS ALWAYS IN ON THIS. In exchange for being the Washington Generals to Hillary’s Globetrotters (the team that would go up agains the Harlem Globetrotters during their shows, pretending to be a real team, but just being a choreographed foil that allowed the Globetrotters to shine), Sanders would get national attention, money, perks like private jets, a platform to spout his nonsense for a while, and then probably some job in a Clinton Cabinet…and of course a book deal and whatever else he wanted back in Vermont. It was win-win for everyone. Hillary would get the nomination (FINALLY!), the DNC would get a primary contest that it controlled (and heal some wounds from Hillary being denied nomination in 2008), and Bernie Sanders would get attention that he craved.
But, the problem was that the Clintons did not realize how FAR LEFT the Democrat Party had truly lurched. This is like a food truck that has a few leftover ingredients in the back at the end of a night, throws them together, and is SHOCKED that there are lines around the block full of young people BEGGING to be served what they dished up by happenstance. No one predicted that Bernie Sanders — an octogenarian socialist with shock white hair who looks like a troll from under a bridge — would become a cult figure greater than Obama was back in 2008. Hillary Clinton was destined/cursed to always be up against people who became larger than life when running against her in national races. This is totally not what she experienced when she ran for Senate all those years ago. She could not control the process any more.
At some point, I think Sanders got full of himself and had a big head and thought he could actually win the nomination. The DNC was never going to let this happen. This reminds me of House of Cards’ latest season. On that show, Kevin Spacey played a president who manipulates the nominating process…and more than one of his pawns tries to rebel against him and break free and snatch the prize away from him. He crushes them all in the end, but there are some very dramatic moments. This is what happened to Hillary this year. She came close to losing control a few times, but the nomination was always rigged. The DNC Leaks prove that.
What the Bernie Sanders cult doesn’t seem to understand though is that Bernie Sanders was always in on this. He is not a victim of anything. He was a willing and well-compensated participant. That’s why he had no complaints last night. He got what he was promised, even though he ended up having a much larger and more spectacular role in proceedings than he ever could have imagined. He sold out and caved and gave in because he always intended to do that.
He was never a champion of his cult and he never cared about his supporters. He always had this deal with the Clintons and he played his role with gusto…but it was always a role he was playing and he never intended to win because he was never supposed to win.
I thought this was obvious to people. It’s sure obvious to me and anyone who’s ever studied the Clintons or the DNC.
7. How great was it to see Susan Sarandon looking sick and shaking her head all night? I hope she shows up again this evening and behaves the same way. It was so much fun watching her have the worst night ever.
8. The crazy is now live-streaming. You can watch it all here. I think they archive it in the same link when the convention is over.
9. After being criticized yesterday for not having any American flags anywhere (but plenty of Mexican and Muslim flags), Democrats went to an Army surplus store or Walgreens or something and got a few flags to strategically place around the stage. Funny how they don’t think to do things like this on their own…they only put flags up when criticized for not having them. The rest of the set still looks like a gay bathhouse in the 1990s…which is ironic because neither of Barack Obama’s conventions had a set like that, yet the convention nominating the first woman candidate is staged to look like the interior of Steamworks in Boystown.
10. Here are the scheduled speakers today. Which will be your favorites? Who will say the craziest things or shout the most? Will there be any drama during the roll call of the states? Will the Sanders cult just quiet down, accept their place, and slink into a corner because the DNC told them to or do they have any fight and life in them?
11. Some people on Twitter sending around really effective graphics about the DNC convention.
12. 332pm CST. Marsha Fudge is back. Telling everyone to come to order. It’s time to catch Carmen Sandiego once and for all! Yesterday, the Sanders cultists were very rude to her and would boo her and not let her talk.
13. Black Muslim then comes out and speaks. Democrats feel this should be a Muslim country. Islam has enslaved black people for centuries. Black people are foolish to support Islam. If Islam conquers the world, black people will be made slaves by Muslims. They are useful idiots to help Islam expand now. Gay people are fools to support Democrats in any way, since Democrats push Islam…and Islam kills gays. Why help the people who help the people who want to kill gays and enslave blacks? This Black Muslim did the thing where they say any criticism of Islam is “islamophobia.” So, when Muslims kill people anywhere or blow something else, you are not allowed to talk about it. Imagine if during WWII if whenever the Germans or Japanese blew something up and killed people you were not allowed to talk about it. We are in the last days of political correctness with this stuff. At some point soon, people will say ENOUGH! just as they told Charles Lindbergh ENOUGH! and told him to shut up and sit down with his nonsense in the 1930s/1940s.
14. Handicapped people singing the National Anthem. Because with Democrats it can’t ever just be a good singer. It has to be a blind person. Or a deaf person. Or someone born without a spleen who has tragically and bravely SHRUGGLED. It’s not about someone’s merit or what they can do, but the identity of the person and how that person checks off DIVERSITY! boxes.
15. Tom Harkin comes onto stage. Music played for him was from some old dating game show in the 1970s. They keep claiming that people somewhere are paid below the minimum wage, but how is that possible? How is anyone allowed to pay less than minimum wage? This is like when teachers claim they have to buy their own school supplies. They say that. People hear it and say ‘that’s terrible.’ But is it true? Is that really happening? What the heck are those supplies and are they really needed if the schools won’t pay for them? Who are all these people who claim they are being paid less than minimum wage? Why don’t we ever hear from them and why don’t they ever identify the employers who are allegedly doing this? And after 8 years of Democrats being in the White House, why is this happening? Why haven’t Democrats stopped this while they were in control?
16. This is funny. People noticed that Fauxcahontas looked like she was standing in front of giant eMail clipart from the early 1990s last night. I know this was an accident. But it is really funny. Will they use that backdrop again tonight? I doubt it.
17. Allison Lumberjack Grime from Kentucky is talking. She looks like a third runner-up on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Says she has known Hillary for 20 years. Met her at the Lincoln Memorial in 1993. Hillary then kept writing and calling her. That seems weird. Did Hillary just hang out there on the steps, talking to young girls and then writing to them for years? That’s strange. Says that Hillary calls her whenever someone dies. Hillary somehow knows whenever anything bad happens to her and calls her. Does anyone wonder if Hillary causes bad things to happen just so she can call this woman? Says that Hillary loves eating buffalo wings with her. Starts shouting about some kind of Bedwetter Act, which is a family issue and a woman issue. Voting rights = if you paid debt to society, should not take vote away from felons. This is the woman who ran against Mitch McConnell and lost. Just a fashion tip here: but when you buy a tube of lipstick, you are not supposed to use it all at once. It’s like Drain-o. It’s not supposed to be used in one day; there’s at least two days’ worth when you buy it. You don’t have to put all the lipstick on at once. It doesn’t spoil. You can save some for later.
18. 354pm CST. Crowd is shouting HILLARY, HILLARY, HILLARY. Fudge comes back and says she has the nominating documents. Says it is time to move to the nominating speeches. Sanders’ supporters go first.
19. Representative Tulsi Gabler from Hawaii comes to talk about Sanders. She’s wearing a big string of popcorn around her neck, like a necklace. Like the kind that you would put on a Victorian Christmas tree. She says that Sanders is all about aloha. When you hurt and the earth hurts, Bernie hurts. He is a movement of love. Must care for families torn apart by criminal justice system (but not criminals). Destructive trade deals. Care for those scraping by at minimum wage and crippled by college debt. Care about environment and future generations. Lives lost and ruined by regime change wars. Says inadequate care and delays at the VA. Movement of love and compassion bigger than anyone. Speaks to nation’s conscience and to our hearts. Love opens eyes to truths. Every hungry child is my child. Every worker who wants dignity of job is my neighbor. Every senior citizen is my parent. Attack on anyone is an attack on all of us. If that’s true, then why don’t Democrats do a damn thing about Muslims killing gays around the world? So tired of them ignoring this. She quotes Ghandi. Something about history. Says movement powered by love can never be stopped. Nominates Bernie Sanders for President of the United States. All the Sanders people go nuts cheering.
20. Union Member Paul Feeney comes out next. He is easily 500 pounds. Says that we are all brothers and sisters. Listen to how the union people all use that terminology. They always call each other brothers and sisters, like how they use the word “comrades” on the tee-vee show The Americans. Says the revolution needs the brothers and sisters to stay together. People powered politics. Movements are made of a series of moments — my brothers and sisters — we stand on the verge of nominating our glorious socialist candidate. Bernie signs filled this hall — my brothers and sisters — and we should be proud to share this moment together and have a movement together. It’s all very similar to Russian-wording. But, I don’t get how the unions want to allow all the cheap foreign labor to flood in and take jobs away from union members. How do they square that circle?
21. Shyla Nelson from Vermont. Says she feels burned. Wanted to take country back from millionaires and billionaires. End Citizen’s United. Wants $15 minimum wage and debt-free college. Breaking up big banks (like the one whose convention center they are standing in). CLIMATE JUSTICE. Man who launched revolution was Bernie Sanders. It’s really funny they don’t realize he was in on the primary rigging from the beginning. He always knew he was just a character for Hillary to run against to make her look more electable/normal. All of these people are fools, but Shyla says she is proud of herself. She says that people demanded change. She is proud of Bernie. His revolution continues. They really like the word REVOLUTION and cheer loudly for that. Says they will never stop working for future they believe in. Never stop fighting for change they need. Listen to how it’s all platitudes. Very generic. Never forget the man who leads us. Leads them where? Over a cliff? She seconds the nomination of Bernie Sanders, her friend and hero.
22. Fudge has to tell the Sanders people to be quiet so they can continue. They were cheering for a good 5 minutes.
23. Barbara Mikulski from Maryland comes to nominate Hillary. Fun fact: in 2000, Bill Clinton wanted Mikulski to run as Al Gore’s VP, but Gore chose Leiberman. To my knowledge, Mikulski is the last surviving Munchin from Munchkinland in Wizard of Oz. Says she is nominating Hillary Clinton to be the first woman president. Shouting into microphone. Says that Hillary will break barriers and you can count on her. Says Hillary will fight for day to day needs, will fight for better macaroni and cheese for people (what?). Says kids will have really good future. Equal pay for equal work (they always say this, but if this is true then why don’t Democrats ever fix it). Hillary will light you up and light up the light in you. She is doody driven and a leader. She has eyes and sees the barriers ahead. She nominates Hillary for president.
24. John Lewis comes out next to second the nomination. He’s who Democrats always drag out to accuse people of racism. He has a voice that sounds like Little Richard. White people love when he starts singing in the middle of speaking, because it feels like they are in a black church and white people love that. John Lewis says everyone is going to shatter the glass ceiling up in here again, in Am-ur-ika. Says Hillary is most qualified candidate to ever run for president. Says she is leader in the wind breaking down the dividers. She is smart, so smart, could have done anything with her life but she didn’t want to do just anything she wanted to do good. His voice rises and falls and he makes noises like he is taking through puppets that only he can see. He goes through a list of injustices and claims racism is all over the place, people not getting paid, etc…but who the hell is in the White House? If this stuff keeps happening and Democrats are already in office, then what is the point? If none of this ever changes and it’s always the same thing, then why vote Democrat since they never change it?
25. Nails Amaru from New York. Says she was born on a dirt floor somewhere, she doesn’t know where. She was an immigrant who was raised by two women somewhere. See what they did? Woman = Mikulski. Black = John Lewis. Gay connection and Latina = Amaru. They always plan it out like this. Not just three people speaking. But, they have to check off the boxes. As many boxes as possible. Lots of violent imagery. Broken glass. Destroy. Breaking. Has lived all over the place, says she knows what connects us. Telling people to text Hillary on the phone (why?). She says she was born into poverty but is now nominating Hillary for prez. Immigrant. Combat Veteran. Latina. Child of lesbians. See what they did there? They are really into this. As many boxes as possible.
26. Rollcall vote of the states. I usually really enjoy this…but it takes hours. Wonder if this will go peaceful or if Sanders folks will go nuts. Stephanie Rowlings Blake (Mayor of Baltimore, I think) conducts Roll Call. She looks just like Kerri Washington from Scandal.
Alabama (60) = says they are the state of champions. Comes as news to other states.
Alaska (20) = claims they are on the front lines of climate change because the ocean is rising and they are drowning. Woman stutters and stammers through her speech. Says Alaska recently discovered it is an Arctic nation and is proud of that.
American Samoa (11) = speaks gibberish for a while. Says they have clean air there and the sun sets there.
Arizona = says they are the state of Cesar Chavez and some lady who is really old, over 100 years old.
Whenever the states are called out, it’s like Oprah shouting “YOU GET A CAR!”
Arkansas = So far, they let the black and other minorities stand next to the white person talking, but the white person always talks every time. Why is that? Shouting into microphone, says names of his granddaughters like it is the Oscars speeches.
California = Jerry Brown talking, with Nancy Pelosi next to him. Pelosi looks like she has dementia and doesn’t know where she is or why people are cheering.
Colorado = Mad Hatter is there for announcement.
Connecticut = the constipation state. Had a walk out and a sit in. Home of pizza an hamburger. Boy this woman has a weird voice. Sounds like bad actress in SNL skit. Says Connecticut loves Obamacare. Can’t get enough.
Delaware = Home of Joe Biden. Are they proud of that? For reals? Says that Joe Biden is beloved VP. Really?
Democrats Abroad = 8.7 million Americans outside the US. But, how are they abroad if they are here in Philly for convention? Larry Sanders casts the final vote. He’s not the guy that Gary Shandling played on tee-vee, but Bernie’s brother. He talks like he has marbles in his mouth. He’s crying while talking. I guess he is proud of his brother, but his brother didn’t win anything so what’s to be proud of?
District of Columbia = first black person allowed to speak. Says DC will be 51st state. She doesn’t seem to understand how the Constitution set up the government. DC is supposed to be federal capital, not part of any state.
Florida = White woman speaking, while black people have to stand next to her smiling.
Georgia = Old fat white man talking, surrounded by black people not allowed to speak. Talks about Dr. King and John Lewis. And Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn Carter. Says that Georgia is a battleground going blue.
Guam = white woman gets to speak; little Asian people surrounding her get to smile. Says they want self determination and self governance.
Hawaii = white man speaks, surrounded by Asians. Birthplace of Obama. Says they have 100% clean energy. Claims Bernie Sanders has revolution that will continue.
Idaho = He da hoe.
Illinois = Mike Madigan talking. His daughter is our Attorney General. The woman with white hair is Hillary Clinton’s best friend since childhood, Betsy Ebeling. Let me tell you: I got to meet Betsy many times during 2008, she is one of the most WONDERFUL people alive. She is an amazing and kind woman. It is WONDERFUL that Betsy got to do this for Hillary. Imagine being able to do this for your best friend for 60 years. Whatever you say about Hillary, her friends are wonderful here in Illinois. Some truly terrific people. And she has been friends with them since childhood.
Indiana = they have a black man shouting about Obama being first black president. Does an Apprentice skit, saying Donald Trump and Mike Pence should be fired. They talk for a long time.
Iowa = says there was a woman who passed the bar in Iowa once. Then some union guy gets on and shouts. Blonde woman then shouts about Iowa being where it all started. When are we going to stop allowing Iowa to always be first?
Kansas = Black woman saying Kansas is the birthplace of Stanley Ann Durham, mother of Obama. Says they have courageous third graders there and have jayhawks and shockers and wildcats. Then old guy drones on names of various elected people.
Kentucky = bourbon, whiskey, Muhammad Ali.
Louisiana = says stop talking about Katrina already. Melting pot of cultures. Love rap and mardi gras.
Maine = says they have forests, lobsters, LL Bean, and Stephen King, Maine not voted Republican in 30 years. Something is wrong with me because I think this guy is kind of nerdy cute. I like nerdy cute guys and/or lumberjacks. I can’t explain it. Don’t make me choose.
Maryland = they let black man speak there. Home of Naval academy. Other things. Crabs. Barbara Mikulski.
Massachusetts = some guy who talks funny. Says first state for gay marriage. Talks about Kennedys. I don’t see any Kennedys there tonight though. Where’s Sour Caroline?
Michigan = Great Lakes state. They used to make things there.
Minnesota = state of Prince’s purple rain. State of Walter Mondale, first person to lose 49 states.
Mississippi =Blues, BB King, Elvis Presley.
Missouri = This is rich. Claire McCaskill, who stabbed Hillary in the back in 2008, is speaking for Missouri.
Montana = Looks like Santa and Mrs. Claus. Says they will send first Native American to Congress.
Nebraska = they do this weird thing where they split the electoral vote, part of state votes one way and part the other. Called her “The Honest Hillary Clinton.”
Nevada = silver state. A spirit as wild and free as their mustaches. Says the capital is now Carson City.
New Hampshire = has town called Unity where they make people endorse their opponents when they lose. This man was nervous and shouting.
New Jersey = that little goblin Bob Melendez is there. Says it is the only state with two senators. That makes no sense. Maybe I missed something. Says he wants state to start revolution. He’s really having trouble reading.
New Mexico = has lap dances, entrepreneurs come join them. First Native American party chair. Says they have red and green chili there. Rio Grande used to be big river. Breaking Bad the show is about New Mexico.
New York = Andrew Cuomo shouts. Proud supporter of both organized crime and Puerto Rico. Charles Rangle. Says home of Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton. Which is true I guess, but they have several home states depending on what day it is.
North Carolina = tar heels and BBQ. The Transgender Bathroom War State.
North Dakota = something about beautiful tribal nations. Said the lily white blonde girl.
Ohio = my home state. Have a lawyer who worked on gay marriage case.
Oklahoma = old white woman says she is the Grand Matriarch of the Cherokee Nation. Then the had black man who sounds just like Morgan Freeman.
Oregon = from some river to some other river, four million people live there. Animals and trees there too.
Pennsylvania = Teen Wolf, the governor of commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico = shouting in Spanish, something about Ricky Martin
Rhode Island = home of people who you’ve never heard of. They have CVS drug stores there. Other stuff.
South Carolina = palmetto state, lots of slaves were there. Why do they always have to go on about slaves? Aren’t there other things to talk about?
South Dakota = Mount Rushmore and George McGovern. Affirmative Action was designed there or something.
Tennessee = No mention of Al Gore.
Texas =LBJ, Barbara Jordan, Ann Richards, and the Castro Brothers.
Utah = beehive state. Has five parks. It snows there. People volunteer for stuff.
Vermont = PASSED
Virgin Islands = America’s Caribbean, home of Alexander Hamilton
Virginia = sucked on helium balloon before talking. Squeaky voice like a mouse. Says Time Kaine is from there. Who? Oh, yah. That guy chosen for VP.
Washington = has Muslim woman prominently out front.
Clinton is already technically nominee at this point…has the numbers already.
West Virginia = almost heaven, practically hell.
Wisconsin = Tammy Baldwin. Badger state. Cheese. Was a Hillary surrogate during 2008.
Wyoming = wearing black lives matter shirts.
Vermont = disheveled woman who looks like unabomber. Is that his wife? I’ve never seen his wife, so could be. Rambling about Joe McCarthy.
Sanders then takes the microphone. Moves all votes cast be reflected and Hillary Clinton be selected as nominee at 554pm CST on 7/26/16.
Weird: Hillary refused to appear to accept nomination. Says she will give speech on Thursday.
27. Terry McAullauffe speaks = says we have the first woman nominee in history. Hillary used to play mermaid in his pool (he really said this). Called his son Jack on the phone once. Says Trump needs to go back to bankrupt casinos. Claims Virginia has ended homelessness and discrimination. Really? Says he wants felons to vote because history tells us that felons will vote Democrat, so let them vote. More work to be done destroying Virginia. Need president to tackle the Global Warming that they claim is happening.
28. VIDEO about women in Congress. More of this “don’t turn back the clock” stuff they say. Who wants to turn back the clock? What clock? How do you even do that?
29. Nancy Pelosi and women from the House: have not heard her speak in years. She slurs her words now, like she has either been drinking or she has early stage dementia. Supposedly all the Dem women in the House are up there. Ugh. Jan Schakowsky is up there too, speaking. She’s one of the worst people to ever be in Congress. Nancy Pelosi stood behind the person speaking and would read the Teleprompter too…mouthing the words behind them. It was weird. Makes me think her mind is really going. I think the first mention of ISIS at the Democrat Convention came at 620pm CST by some woman in green running for Congress from Florida. She mentioned ISIS needing to be defeated. This was supposed to be women only on the stage, but it looks like some drag queens snuck in there.
30. Ugh. Jimmy Carter’s grandson. He was introduced to the tune of the Designing Women theme song. Says Jimmy Carter is still alive. He wants Hillary to be president. He’s not dead yet so stop saying he is. Then Jimmy Carter appears via video. He says nothing interesting or relevant.
31. Chuck Schemer from New York. I find this man so repugnant. He comes off as such a slime ball. I also think he reminds me of Granpa Munster. He’s very sedate tonight. Just saying lots of general things: Hillary is a fighter, he knows her from NY and from the Senate. They really hate Citizens United and want that overturned. They want Open Borders/No Borders. Anyone who will vote Democrat needs to come in.
32. Look at all the things that the Media is not showing from Philly.
33. They’re doing more of those Daily Show comedy style bits that fall flat. I don’t think they know that they are not funny.
34. Actress Elizabeth Banks is on. She’s not funny either. I really like her usually but might have to rethink that now. She seems like she’s drunk. Says she was on date when they went to hear Bill Clinton speak and saw a spider. Hillary worked in a law firm once, fought for children. Has never let up. Then they show a video. I don’t think these videos showing Hillary through the years are smart: she was a lot better years ago, sharper, more on point. Man who is social worker then comes out and talks about Hillary fighting for kids. Hillary went undercover to bust segregation for the Children’s Defense Fund. A lot of this is in It Takes A Village. This is really nice segment with real people talking about what Hillary did many years ago in Arkansas to help kids. Hillary really did all of these things. This was something great she was all about years ago. She lost her way from this stuff. She should have stuck to this.
35. Donna Brazile is up at 651pm CST. Howard Dean and Donna Brazile made sure that Hillary Clinton lost the nomination in 2008. Now here she is, trying to get herself off the enemy’s list. Talking about Hillary’s accomplishments with children through the years. Increasing healthcare for children. Working with getting children rights. Donna Brazile starts screaming and shouting at one point. Announces she is the incoming chair of the DNC. Promises to make it a party that people can be proud of.
36. 656pm CST, video about some school in New York that tried to stop gangs. David Banks, Eagle Academy in New York. Says NY’s prison population came from just 7 neighborhoods. Odds stacked against kids. Educating young men to keep out of gangs. Says Hillary was with them from the very beginning. Earliest champion. Addressing crisis facing young men of color. Says Hillary came to their graduation ceremony. They say the Invictus prayer every day to inspire them.
37. More dead air. Just Elizabeth Banks standing there. Killing time. Now talking about Justice System letting people down. Social Justice will be Hillary’s next fight. Another video: about systemic racism supposedly plaguing our country.
38. 706pm CST: Eric Holder is up now. One of our worst and most racist Attorney Generals in history. Allowed the Black Panthers to run wild. Allowed IRS to target Tea Party groups. Was wildly partisan and discriminatory as AG. A shameful, shameful man. He claims that voter ID is like a poll tax. In reality, Democrats just don’t want people to have to show ID because that prevents voter fraud. Wants people turning 18 to be automatically registered to vote. Democrats are not really interested in people having the right to vote but more so that Democrats can get as many votes as possible, whether they are legitimate or not.
39. Pittsburgh Police Chief speaks. Gets no applause. Talks about erosion of public trust in police. Dr. King said true peace is not the absence of tension but the presence of justice. Says that communities are safer than ever before but people do not trust police any more. Ferguson created tension, while at same time there is work going on to improve relationships that people don’t see. Pittsburgh working to reduce violence. This guy is such a low-energy speaker. I know that conservatives like to say that the police are always right, but I have to say that Megan Fox and I were harassed for two years by the police in Orland Park to chase us off our investigation into corruption there. Police are not always good and not always right. The erosion of trust in the police began with the police. The solution to the problem is the police admitting they are wrong sometimes and getting rid of bad cops from their own ranks.
40. While Holder and Pittsburgh police guy talked, outside the Media was ignoring big Black Lives Matter protest.
41. Tony Goldwyn from Scandal is talking. He is a man who plays a President on the tee-vee. This starts the big SOCIAL JUSTICE section of the convention. Video plays with “Mothers of the Movement.”
42. Mothers of people killed by police speak, wearing big red glitter flowers. Republicans need to see that there indeed are bad cops out there. The problem is that good cops stay quiet. There are police who trample civil rights for the fun of it. They do it for the power. Police need to respect the Constitution and civil rights. And when a bad cop does something that violates the law and civil rights, that cop should be held accountable. Not protected by Code of Silence and covered up.
43. Moms saying that Hillary Clinton not afraid to say that Black Lives Matter. Not afraid to say that the police need to respect the law and civil rights. Most police are good people doing a good job. It’s just the few bad apples out there who need to be dealt with. But other cops look the other way and protect the bad ones.
44. Then they had a singer who must be famous but I have no idea who this is. Gorgeous, gorgeous voice though.
45. Elizabeth Banks again. Says women do not get equal pay. Complains that women are not allowed to drink alcohol in Ikea and then have to apologize. That was a joke that went flat.
46. One of the most evil people on the planet, Cecile Richards from Planned Parenthood. These monsters abort black babies most of all. Go watch Hillary’s America. There is a big section in there on Margaret Sanger wanting to eliminate black people by way of abortion. Planned Parenthood doesn’t have the best interests of women in mind. They want babies to be killed so that the body parts can be sold for profits. Planned Parenthood offices are in black areas, targeting black people for eradication, and Planned Parenthood sells the body parts. They are ghouls and racists.
47. Lena Dunham and America Ferrara. America was one of Hillary’s best surrogates in 2008. She is a very nice person. I met her several times in 2008. I have nothing nice to say about Lena Dunham though, because she is a grotesque pig. Dunham admitted to molesting her sister. Yet, she’s speaking here at the DNC in Philly. Would any male who admitted molesting a child be invited to speak? Besides Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, that is.
48. Steve Benjamin, Mayor of Columbia South Carolina. He’s very low energy. Says he introduced his daughters to Hillary and told her that she would be president. Then he says he loves his daughters. What was the point of that?
49. Barbara Boxer from California comes out to heavy metal music. Why? She’s dressed like she thinks she is at the Oscars. Talks about being family with Hillary; some relative of hers is married to some relative of Hillary’s. Boxer is just recycling a lot of what was said before: $15/hour minimum wage, abortions for everyone, etc.
50. Grace from Will & Grace is on now. She introduces video about 9/11. Saudi Arabia was behind 9/11. Hillary Clinton has a Saudi agent working for her in Huma. Hillary will never tell the truth about what the Saudis did in the lead up to 9/11. We really need a government that would be honest about the Saudis. A cop from 9/11 speaks for Hillary as Senator and a woman who worked at Cantor Fitzgerald and survived also speaks for her character. For those who don’t know, Cantor Fitzgerald was the company that was DEVASTATED because most of its employees were killed on 9/11. Then some Congressman from New York talks about 9/11. Here’s the thing: Hillary does a great job on the one on one level and in following up with people. She really does have a big heart and cares and has a great memory. But this is after the fact stuff: she was not in a command center for 9/11…she was a Senator helping her constituents after the fact. She deserves BIG PRAISE for helping them, because most Senators do not help anyone. She didn’t have to do anything, but she did. She really did fight for those people in New York.
51. Elizabeth Banks, acting like an awards-show host, now introduces the Hillarycare section of the evening. Video plays about Hillary’s work with healthcare.
52. Some other actress comes on. Said she wanted to be like The Jeffersons and not Good Times. Then a man talks about how Hillary remembers things years later. Makes you feel like she cares and remembers you. She really does do that.
53. Ugh. Howard Dean. Man who, along with Donna Brazile, kept Hillary from being nominee in 2008. I hate that he is still handsome. He looks the same as he did in 2004. I don’t think anyone remembers who he was, but he ran for president against John Kerry and he self-destructed by making a weird scream after the Iowa caucus. It was a complete nuclear meltdown. Kerry then went on to win the election. In 2008, Howard Dean and Donna Brazile both wanted Obama to run and really cut Hillary off at the knees to push Obama. I think he is here trying to get off the enemy’s list. Howard Dean said ISIS at 837pm CST. That I think is only the second time that the word ISIS was said at the Democrat convention. OMG…he does the DEAN SCREAM SPEECH!!!!!!!! But he left off the YEARGGGGGH!!!! at the end. He has a sense of humor. Curse you for being so sexy, you sexy and horrible man you.
54. Elizabeth Banks is back hosting again. Talking about Hillary being Secretary of State. Introduces a video. This video is all garbage. Trying to pretend that Hillary had accomplishments as Secretary of State. But she didn’t. Foreign policy during Obama Regime was unmitigated disaster. No way to polish that up.
55. Amy Klobuchar from Minnesota. Shouts into microphone. Talks about some man who raped someone. Then says that Hillary talked in China about women needing to be protected from human trafficking. Said that was really brave. But was it? ISIS selling girls for $65. No mention at all about Muslims killing gays. Hillary never did a thing to stop that. No Democrat ever will. Klobuchar just screams and shouts with a monotone. Not a good public speaker. They bring out a woman who was kept as a domestic slave in Beverly Hills. Was brought her to be a slave for rich Democrats. This is all really depressing. Is it necessary? Do you trust Democrats to stop any of this?
56. Madeleine Albright comes out to Billy Joel music. Still wearing those American eagle pins she loves to wear. Talked about going to Prague with Hillary, meeting Vaclav Havel. She shouts into the microphone. Weird remark: she said Trump damaged country by running for president. Offended Muslims. Encouraging countries to get nukes. (really? when did that happen?) Says that Trump loves dictators. Wow, Albright accused Putin of hacking DNC emails to help Trump. WOW. She did that. She’s going to catch a lot of hell over that.
57. Bill Clinton video plays now. Talks about what world was like in the 1990s with the Clintons in the White House.
58. Bill Clinton comes out. Talks about meeting Hillary. Saw her, kind of stalked her, wanted to meet her. In library, she asked him not to keep staring. She introduced herself. “I’m Hillary Rodham, who are you?” He went with her to register for classes. But he had already registered. Then they went to the art museum and were laughing. They were crying together this morning. Some guy had died. Drove her to Park Ridge Illinois and met her family. Talks about Hillary doing various volunteer jobs, going to Alaska to fly fish, working with Marian Wright Edelman, working in child resources center. Determined back then to make things better. Public service by private citizens. Went to work at exposing segregated schools. Her undercover work gave Marian Wright Edelman what she needed to force Nixon to take away tax credits. Went to Texas to register Mexicans to vote. Last year in law school, went to South Carolina to see why so many black boys were going to men’s prisons. Working with these various programs. Bill trying to get her to marry him. Proposed on trip to Great Britain and she said no. Went home in 1974 and Hillary went to Massachusetts. Kept working on children’s issues, why children in census not in school. Filed report and it influenced Congress to look at children with disabilities having access to education. Bill eventually got her to move to Arkansas to be with him. It was culture shock. Got married in 1975. Bought little house. She chose him, rejected his advice to pursue her own career. Moved to Little Rock. Arkansas Advocates for Family and Children. 1979 rural health committee. Trained nurse practitioners for places with no doctors. Talked about Chelsea and Hillary being a mom. Then Bill went year by year through both of their careers, in exhausting detail. The speech is on YouTube if you want to listen to it. Frankly, I’ve heard a lot of these stories before through the years. Bill tells them at fundraisers. He likes telling these stories. 1988, 1990, 1992…up to 1997 at 938pm CST. Talking about Chelsea and Hillary being a mom. Bill talks about Michelle Obama being good mom. Flash forward to 1999….he skipped over Monica and the impeachment. Jumped over to Chelsea in college and Hillary running for Senate, Hillary in Senate. Bill says that people just made up a cartoon about Hillary and that’s not the real her. People nominated the real woman for President, not the cartoon. Bill just said that he wants Muslims in America. No mention of ISIS. Bills’s speech then just kind of ends and he walks off stage and leaves.
59. Elizabeth Banks makes this feel like a pledge drive. Keeps coming out and telling people to pledge or send money to campaign. Then says that celebrities and singers are coming up next. Just like PBS pledge drive.
60. Are these celebrities now? Who are these people? They act like this is a big deal they made this. But regular people don’t care about this stuff. It’s jus dumb.
61. Why is Meryl Streep here? She shouts out long list of names of women: Deborah Sampson, Eleanore Roosevelt, Betty Boop, Harriet Tubman, Little Orphan Annie, STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! Then she plays another video. Because Americans need multi-millionaires in Hollywood to tell us what to think and what to do.
I should know who this singer is. Alisha Keyes? I think that’s who it is. She’s singing “Superwoman.”
Then they did this weird thing where they showed pictures of all the presidents so far, and at the end Hillary broke through glass…and then stared at the crowd for a while like a giant, before speaking. She was dressed in weird red costume that reminded me of Mao. Then, the camera pulled back and there were all these people with her, which looked like she was holding them all hostage. SO WEIRD!
— That’s a wrap for tonight! See you back here at 330pm CST tomorrow for Day Three of the convention! —
Did you enjoy this coverage? If so, here are a few things you can do to help return the favor:
Megan Fox and I wrote a book called SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It is currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, because the book is an expose of the American Library Association and the sex crimes and other illegal activity that the ALA (a George Soros funded lobbying group) helps cover up in public libraries across the country. The ALA — surprise! surprise! — is working hard to keep our book out of public libraries around the country. ALA members have organized fake negative reviews that they post to try to suppress our book and discourage people from reading it…and ALA members who are library directors refuse to stock our book on library shelves, despite the book being the only book ever written that is critical of the American Library Association and the things it does to transform communities. Megan and I spent three years working on this book, researching it, and cleaning up public libraries around Chicago that we caught covering up sex crimes and even child pornography access, in keeping with the ALA’s instructions to hide such crimes from the public. We need your help getting around the ALA’s ban of our book. Here are some things you can do to help:
A. Read our book and leave an HONEST review of it on Amazon. I ask that you read the book first and then give your honest opinion. Even if you don’t like it (but I hope you like it). Megan and I worked hard to write a political book that was not like a typical political book. SHUT UP! reads like a mystery. We take you through our investigation, show you how we figured it all out, and bring you along with us in real time as we stand up to the police and other public officials who came after us and tried to scare us away and silence us so that the secrets we uncovered would stay hidden. We had the task of teaching lessons on the Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act and First Amendment Right to Petition in a way that was interesting and applicable to every day life…and I hope we succeeded in making it all interesting, much more so than standard political books. If you have enjoyed the writing on this site through the years, I ask that you read the first book that Megan and I have put out together (in what I hope will be a series of these real time political mysteries).
B. Ask your local library to carry our book. Every library has a process for requesting that the library purchase a book for its collection. Our book is being carried so far by a half a dozen libraries in Illinois, where it is shelved in the First Amendment section. We would like to see libraries around the country carry the book so that as many people as possible can know what the ALA is doing to communities by teaching librarians to cover up crimes (the way we caught librarians in Orland Park, Illinois doing near Chicago). At most libraries, you can email the Library Director and Board and ask them to carry our book or you can fill out a form on the library’s website and ask them to carry the book that way. One of the great joys in life right now is when someone sends us a photo of our book on a shelf somewhere. It’s such an amazing feeling to have not only survived what the Orland Park Police did to us to try to shut us up but to also know that every horrible thing they did is documented in this book and it is all being read across the country. Your help in getting it into more libraries would be so appreciated.
C. Let people in your social circles know about the book and why it’s an interesting read. The book is full of fun stories, humor, mystery, and adventure…as well as useful information about the First Amendment, SLAPP lawsuits against public participation, and the outrageous scandals that anyone can uncover just by using Freedom of Information Act requests to examine what public employees are doing at the local level. Megan and I pulled no punches and we got very personal in the book. We tell a lot of stories about our lives, talk about politics, and reflect on what’s been happening to our country in recent years. If you’ve been a reader of this site or have enjoyed Megan’s or my writing elsewhere through the years, now’s your chance to spend some quality time with 666-pages chock full of us! That’s either a good thing or a nightmare come true, but I can’t imagine even people who hate us not thinking the book is funny. In fact, someone who is in the book and who was a villain during the whole Orland Park scandal admitted to a mutual friend that she thought the book is funny and she laughed out loud. This woman hates us because we made her look stupid for the stupid and awful things she did to us…but she was surprised how positive and cheerful our writing is…and how funny we were. In my opinion, I know a book is worth reading if even someone who hates me and would murder me if given the chance thought it was worthwhile reading. That’s like getting 5-stars where I come from.
Megan and I sunk everything we had into this project and it would be nice to break even at some point. We’ve had zero marketing budget, so we depend on word of mouth and people who enjoy our writing to read the book and ask their local libraries to carry it. You would be helping us immensely not only with this book but with helping us get the other books in the series written and published as well. We’ve got a backlog of several years’ worth of other cases that we intend to publish as these real time political mysteries in the Chicago suburbs. Your help in spreading the word about this first book, SHUT UP!, will help us put out our next book sooner rather than later!
Here’s a taste of what’s in SHUT UP! and why the book is so important to read:
© 2016, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone