What: Day One of the Democrat National Convention in Philadelphia
When: Monday 7/25/16, beginning 3pm CST
Why: Watching this horror show so that you don’t have to and taking notes so you can read it later
Where: Live stream provided by CSPAN
1. Here we go again. Another week of convention live stream coverage. This time, I really dread watching this gavel to gavel for several reasons, but chiefly because I don’t have the stomach any longer to watch abortion being promoted as something positive. Back when I was still a Democrat prior to 2008, it always made me uncomfortable how Democrats celebrate the murdering of unborn children but it was something that was kept in the background and the party didn’t embrace as its central identifying facet. Since 2008, I feel that the abortionist ghouls are really the face of the party: women who delight and revel in the spilling of blood and sacrificing of lives of the unborn. I think these people are monsters and that it’s all proof that Democrats have been coopted by a special brand of evil. It’s almost druidic: a bunch of women gathering together in the dark somewhere late at night, murdering tiny children, then holding up the bodies to some faceless, nameless god-with-a-small-g that only they worship. It’s all so sick and ghoulish. There will also be shouting about social justice, grievance-mongering, and the telling of massive amounts of lies. Democrats will no doubt have lots of people speaking in Spanish, the language of poverty, because a big thing Democrats want to do is to keep immigrants from assimilating, learning English, and prospering. They want people to keep speaking Spanish and not join the melting pot and improve their lives. The Democrat Party is a party that’s all about keeping people poor so that they feel they have to vote Democrat. So Democrats put as many road blocks to success in front of people, including encouraging them to never learn English. It is going to be hard to sit through 4 long days of all this, But, because we are friends like this, I will do that for you.
3. Here’s today’s speakers lineup. How many will be shouting hateful things? How many will yell in Spanish? How many will promote the murdering of small unborn children? What other monstrous things will they say that the media will never accurately report on?
4. The fallout from the #DNCLeaks emails has been staggering. Gateway Pundit has a great rundown of what was found in the email dump. It shows collusion between the DNC and Clinton campaign to ensure that Bernie Sanders had no chance at becoming the nominee in a rigged primary season. It also offers more proof that reporters file stories with the DNC for approval before they make it into newspapers, which is something that everyone just assumed happened…but here there is proof. What will Bernie Sanders’ fans do with this information? Will they just quietly fall into line and do what the DNC says…or will the rebel or even riot in Philly? This is an interesting situation, because if these people really believe in what they claim they believe in, then I don’t know how they can sit quietly and allow the DNC to do what it does. Back in 2008, the DNC rigged things for Obama to win and for Hillary to lose. So all of us who supported Hillary in 2008 know what this feels like and how the DNC does what it wants and rigs the game to get the result it wants. In 2008, it wanted the charismatic black man to win. In 2016, it was Hillary’s turn. Voters be damned. But, this time instead of giving the Left what it wanted (the black man last time) the DNC took the nomination away from who the Left wanted (the octogenarian socialist). Will the Left just quietly allow that to happen without incident? DOUBTFUL.
5. If you’d like to read the recaps from the Republican Convention, they are here.
6. So…just got back from seeing Hillary’s America downtown in Chicago. I’m going to busy all day today watching the Democrat Convention coverage, but will write up a review of the movie later when I can. I liked the movie a lot and thought it was well done. I learned new things from it too. There’s a large section in it on Ida B. Wells, the black Republican writer who covered politics in the late-1800s through her death (in Chicago!) in 1931. I need to research more about Wells and check out her Chicago connections. She seems like a fantastic person to learn more about: a black woman who wrote about political corruption and exposed Democrats for evil things they would do, especially to black people. The Hillary’s America movie touched on what was done to Dinesh D’Souza to punish him for exposing the Obama Regime; it deals with his time in a halfway house. There there’s a fun bit where he pretends to go into DNC headquarters, into a secret room, where the secret history of the party is exposed. He deals with Andrew Jackson being a slave owner and Indian-killer; Woodrow Wilson’s racism; FDR’s and LBJ’s use of blacks when politically convenient. And then later D’Souza pretends to go into Hillary’s campaign headquarters, down into the basement, to go through her secrets too. I learned some new things about Saul Alinsky and what a horrible monster he was as well. The man was repugnant. One anecdote I never knew until today was how he would steal food from restaurants. Back in the 1920s or so, luncheonettes were everywhere: cafeteria-style restaurants. You would get a ticket for what you ordered and then would pay at the register. Alinksy figured out that since the same company owned luncheonettes around town, he could go into one and order a 5-cent coffee and then hide the ticket for 5-cents in his pocket. He would then go to the cashier and say he lost the ticket but only had coffee…and would pay 5-cents. But then he would leave and go to another luncheonette and order the most expensive food he could get…and when it would be time to pay he would tae out the 5-cent ticket he got from the first restaurant, and then would only pay 5-cents for a giant meal of steak and whatever else he ate. It was disgusting that this little pig would do this. And he had other people do it too! This is what this pig called being a “radical.” It was stomach-turning. It really sums up who this man was. More about my thoughts on the movie throughout the day. It’s definitely worth seeing. You will learn new things for sure.
7. Watching the Democrat convention now in Philadelphia. They just showed the opening video and now they have Boyz II Men singing, which seems like it would be the opening act of a NAMBLA convention, but whatever. You can watch on YouTube or on CSPAN.
8. Who’s watching this thing on television? I really wonder about that. I don’t know what the ratings were for the Republican Convention, but I bet more Republicans still pay for tee-vee than Democrats. I would imagine that most Democrats are watching on YouTube or streaming. It’s funny to see all the big-name entertainers at the Democrat events. That’s a big different between the parties: Democrats get all the celebrities. Republicans only have cover bands or people I’ve never heard of from country music singing. I think that if performers play Republican events then they get punished and it impacts their careers. Democrats are vicious like that.
9. Something good from Hillary’s America: D’Souza said to start seeing the Civil War in terms of Republicans (Union) vs. Democrats (Confederacy). No Republicans were slave-owners. Democrats were the slave-owners. And Democrats after the war fought to keep blacks from voting, holding office, owning property, etc. Republicans were the party of Lincoln and the Civil War can be seen as a war between the Republican and Democrat parties. Democrats were the party of Jackson and John C. Calhoun and the Ku Klux Klan (which was the military arm of the Democrat Party). All of this is true but the media works hard to hide it.
10. I see a lot of fat, rich, white people at this convention. The big difference is that I see less people wearing red, white, and blue or anything else patriotic. Most people are just wearing normal clothes…but in size XXL. So, after watching the Republican convention, the same kind of gray-haired, older, corpulent people dominate both conventions. Those are the ones who have the time and money to come to something like this for a week. I see a lot of empty seats too. More than I saw at the Republican Convention. The media won’t report on that though.
11. Credentials committee business is first, to seat the delegates. This is all the really boring sausage-making stuff that feels like it’s the year 1896. In my opinion, these conventions should be one or two days long…not four. I wonder how Bernie Sanders’ cultists feel about all this. The party totally screwed them over. Just like the DNC screwed over Hillary in 2008. Now, Sanders’ people got screwed over because it was Hillary’s turn. Sanders’ people should be furious about that. What the DNC did to Sanders was even worse than what was done to Hillary 8 years ago.
12. 341pm CST; Barney Frank and Latricia Vanderfute from the Rules Committee. Barney Frank is one of the most disgusting people to have ever been in politics. The media won’t talk about this, but when Frank was in Congress he used his residence as a den of male prostitution. He is repugnant. He also just called Nancy Pelosi one of the best things to ever happen to the country. He also says that Maxine Waters is great. These are the permanent officers of the Rules Committee. Sums up what sort of individuals run this party. D’Souza’s movie showcased this stuff, how in every period of history the absolute worst people in the country always seemed to be Democrats.
13. Marsha Fudge from Cleveland area. She is the permanent chair of the Convention. I believe she took over after Stephanie Tubbs Jones died in 2008 in the middle of that campaign (she died in July, not long after Hillary suspended her bid for the presidency that year). Tubbs Jones was my congresswoman from Cleveland. I think that Bernie Sanders people are shouting and booing. Some have signs that say NAY. Says we are in a time of hate speech and war and chaos. We are at crossroads of history and hope. Hillary Clinton was born for a time like this. Claims they are going to have a different kind of convention. Whenever she says TIM KAINE, there are loud boos. Fudge actually had to ask people to stop booing. 349pm CST she is completely overpowered and shouted down by BOOS. She has to shout and ask people to behave. I think that the shouting is BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE. No one is listening to Fudge, just booing her. She coughs and is visibly upset at how they are treating her. They are very disrespectful to her. Fudge says she is going to be respectful towards them and asks that they are respectful towards her. But they clearly hate her for some reason. Did she take the place of Debbie Wasserman Schwartz? Fudge just said we are all Democrats and now have to act like it. I would say that by booing and acting foolish they are all acting just like Democrats.
14. More weirdness. At 352pm CST, a bunch of Democrat big-wigs come out as Convention officials. They get booed and chanting happens as well. Not sure what is being chanted but Fudge is mad. Kevin O’Keefe is there. He’s one of Hillary’s longtime friends from Chicago. He is the guy with white hair who looks like Bernie Sanders but is not Bernie Sanders. Claire McCaskill’s name was said as being part of this group, whatever this group is, but she is clearly not there. That’s funny to me because McCaskill was one of the big betrayers of Hillary Clinton in 2008. She would fly around with Obama on his plane like she was his stewardess. But I think in 2013 she was one of the first to publicly back Hillary this time, I believe because she wanted to get off the Clinton’s hit list. I hope that Hillary has not really forgiven McCaskill though because she was so atrocious in 2008 that she should never be forgiven.
15. Some large woman comes in and pronounces Mexico as “Meh-HEE-koe.” I hate that. I think it’s so disingenuous when someone is speaking English and stops in the middle of the sentence to say another word with some kind of foreign flare. Why do that? Giana DeLaurentis does that too with recipes. She talks normally for most of a sentence, but then stops and says “Mohtz-ZA-Rell-a.” Why? The English word for “Mohtz-Za-Rell-a” is “mozzarella.” The English word for “Meh-HEE-koe” is “Mexico.” Why is all of the weird flourish needed? This woman also drops into Spanish every few sentences. Why? Spanish is the language of poverty. If Spanish was so great, then Spanish-speaking countries would be great. But they are not, which is why Spanish-speakers want to come here. So, after you come here, speak English and assimilate. Don’t straddle two worlds with the Spanglish garbage.
16. Something called “The Unity Report” is being talked about, with someone from Clinton campaign and then someone from Sanders campaign speaking. Wellington Webb speaks for Hillary. This is something that’s supposed to heal the primary campaign’s wounds. They say they will improve the nomination process with respect to the super delegates and the caucuses. BOTH PARTIES need to get rid of those damn caucuses. They are the biggest shams ever. But neither party wants to make the change because the caucuses are easy to game for those who know how to rig them, which is why they are never gotten rid of. Every state needs to have a primary and not have caucuses. The super delegates totally rig the process too and Bernie Sanders supporters should rise up about that. Sanders would be the nominee if not for super delegates and if not for the DNC rigging things for Hillary. It’s so obvious what they did. Webb says that Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are giants and champions and deserve everyone’s cheers. He repeats this a few times. He says let’s all cheer for Bernie tonight but then let it go and cheer for Hillary when she takes the stage on Thursday. Leave the convention with all the drama worked out. Come together to ensure that Hillary wins and SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg will swear in Hillary and say congratulations Madame President.
17. Diane Russel from Maine. She looks like Momma June from the Honey Boo Boo show. She’s a Sanders delegate. There’s lots of weird screaming and booing. Says she introduced amendment to reform super delegate system. Quotes Dumbledore from Harry Potter: great courage to stand up to enemies and greater courage to stand up to friends. Crowd goes wild for that. Says there has been a family disagreement over super delegates. Says they need a better process to put every day voters at the center. Process under way in several states and within Unicorn Nomination System, which will be magical like a unicorn and will be fair and full of rainbows going forward. It is what voters expect. What party deserves. There’s tepid response to that. People realize this is just words. The caucuses ands super delegates really need to be done away with, but no one believes the party will really do that. “Unity Compromise” or “Unicorn Compromise” or whatever is not being received well. Claims to reduce super delegates by 2/3. Claims they did not win by selling out…but isn’t this what selling out looks like? It looks like Honey Boo Boo’s mom standing there and shouting that it is not selling out. That’s what selling out looks like. Crowd then starts shouting BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE. 20 states voting to reform super delegate system. 750,000 people signed petition for serious structural reform. Those petitions are worthless. No one pays attention to them. I think it’s cute that they want to believe the DNC will listen to these people. Maybe this woman really believes that. If so, she is delusional. The crowd is shouting NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE. Claims they are fighting to make reforms. These reforms are really needed: the super delegates truly are not fair; the caucuses are not fair. The entire nominating system is rigged and that was proved again. Now they are shouting THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE. Democrats like to shout things, so get used to that this week. They are happiest when shouting angrily at a screen showing the face of their enemy, but they’ll shout slogans whoever possible. They also are shouting LOVE TRUMPS HATE. Anything they disagree with, they call hate. That’s another favorite tactic. They really let this woman talk for a long time. It feels like she’s been speaking for hours.
18. Is this something? Apparently, there’s an effort to oust Tim Kaine as VP and install Sanders or someone Sanders wants. Wouldn’t that be interesting?
19. Boy they really do disrespect Congresswoman Fudge. Whenever she talks, they shout over her. It’s really rude of them.
20. Steny Hoyer is speaking now. This is the man who held Nancy Pelosi’s purse as she and a group of Congress critters marched across the lawn the day that Obamacare passed. ‘Memba that? Hoyer then tries to claim that the reason Obama couldn’t accomplish something in last 8 years was because Bush was so bad. He started that old record up but no one would really listen. He also tried to say LGBTQ but it came out something like LDBDU, which was weird. Then he just shouted into the microphone about each of the boxes that Democrats put people into: black, white, gay, straight, Dreamers, immigrants, whatever. Make sure you get in your box and stay there! He talks about Governor O’Malley and people supporting him during primaries and I really had to strain hard to remember that Martin O’Malley did briefly run for president. Does anyone else remember that?
21. Elijah Cummings speaks next. Talking about being son of sharecroppers who did not have a toilet the whole time he was growing up. His father used to pick cotton. So, the point of having him come speak is to race-bait and grievance monger. Which is a shame that Cummings allows himself to be used like this, but if that’s what keeps getting him invited to free meals and speaking events, more power to him. At what point in our nation’s future will it no longer be needed to have men like Cummings be shouting about cotton and sharecropping and not having toilets? 2020? 2030? When? At some point, it would be nice to stop going on about cotton and racially charged things and move forward onto something else. Whatever that new thing would be. Cummings then tells lies, which you would know if you see Hillary’s America movie. Totally ignores that Democrats were the party of slavery and the party that took away black rights after Civil War. Democrats opposed women’s suffrage. Today, Democrats do nothing when Islam kills gay men around the world. Cummings is not addressing any of that. He gets a giant cheer when saying words BLACK LIVES MATTER. He got booed when he brought up the police. Chanting of BLACK LIVES MATTER begins after that. Says that diversity is not a problem but a promise. Claims that Democrats are party of unity and not division. I really don’t see it like that, since Democrats are all about carving people up into little blocks. While he is talking, there is just nonstop chanting and shouting. Cummings is having a hard time speaking with all the shouting. I don’t know what they are shouting, but it sounds like DOWN WITH KGB, but that can’t be it because Democrats love the KGB. Cummings says he wants to stop something called “global warting.” I guess that’s caused by frogs or toads. Says he wants a woman’s right to choose, which if you see Hillary’s America you know is what Democrats do to carry on Margaret Sanger’s work in eliminating black people via abortions. What are they chanting? NOW FOR PCP? I swear it sounds like KGB. Something something KGB. It’s so weird.
22. Then they show a video, with kind of hip-hoppy music. Talking about the platform committee.
23. Some woman comes out dressed head to toe in a nude-colored outfit. She has white hair that makes her look like a walking, talking pimple. It’s like she didn’t know she would be on national tee-vee today. What goes through some of these people’s minds? The talking pimple is talking about Barbara Jordan, who she says was the first black woman ever allowed to speak at a political convention. Not sure if that is true.
24. Another guy who is dressed sloppily like he didn’t know he would be on tee-vee says that minimum wage needs to be $15/hour. Says that we need more labor unions. I don’t know why these people think that $15/hour isn’t going to destroy a lot of jobs. All it’s going to do is put a lot of people out of work or cause people to have to work 2 or 3 jobs because they can’t get any hours at one job. Labor unions have not been any good for anyone besides the Democrat Party fundraising for 50 years. And Democrats wanting to import nonstop cheap foreign labor hurts union members. What part of that don’t Democrats understand? While this guy is shouting into the microphone people are shouting BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE at him.
25. Geesh. Is this really going to go on all day? How many hours of shouting is that? Holy moly.
26. Ben Jealous from Maryland comes out. Looking at him, I see nothing to be jealous of. He’s a community organizer. Says you should listen to him and that he is special because he is biracial and at one time in history (a very long time ago) people would have had a problem with that. But, here in 2016 isn’t it just a big yawn to be biracial? Who is still giving mixed race couples a hard time? I’ve never seen anyone do that here in Chicago. Where is that happening? It’s like Democrats sometimes shout about things that haven’t been a problem in forever…like, why not be shouting about the dangers of saber-tooth tigers or giant spiders in primeval swamps? What happens is that Democrats find something they like to shout about…but even after that thing is resolved, they want to keep shouting about it, because they liked shouting about it. They are really making it a big deal to have $15 per hour as minimum wage…but boy will that destroy jobs. Entry level jobs would be wiped out at so many places, wherever cashiers or order-takers could be replaced. Oh this is rich: says Democrats party of FDR, JKF, MLK, Shirley Chisholm, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. What he doesn’t mention is that Democrats are the party of Andrew Jackson, the KKK, Woodrow Wilson, and other inconvenient figures and facts. Watch Hillary’s America for a good history lesson on where the Democrat Party comes from.
27. Fudge is back. I actually like her. I’m sure she does terrible things, but she’s from Cleveland and reminds me a lot of The Chief (played by the wonderful Lynne Thigpen) from the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? tee-vee game show in the 90s.
28. They are playing salsa music now and someone is singing in Spanish. It’s funny watching the fat white delegates trying to salsa dance. Worth the price of admission!
29. No one will say anything but I continue to believe that Marsha Fudge replaced Debbie Wasserman Shultz and is running the convention now. Am I right about that? So the #DNCLeaks thing totally got rid of DWS…because I think if she had taken the stage then there would have been riots.
30. Now they have a little guy who sounds like Joe Pesci shouting during a movie. He would be cast as Generic Mob Guy in any movie. He talks like this: “Sportsball games are played up in dose arenerrs.” “Dose” instead of “those;” “arenerrs” instead of “arenas.” He does make everyone be quiet and observe a moment of respect for POWs. Which is nice. This is the kind of guy who would be working a neighborhood ward in Chicago. If you don’t vote Democrat, he’d pay you a visit and ask why you didn’t. If you hadn’t voted before election day, he and his sons or nephews would come to your door and make sure you knew the way to the polling place. You know, to be helpful. And make sure you didn’t make no mistakes on dose ballots up in there.
31. Then they have some guy who looks like a puppet that came to life or Billy the Quizboy on Venture Brothers. Says his father was a janitor and his mother taught school. Says a bunch of generic stuff that doesn’t make sense. Somehow Trump hates America, or something.
32. Raoul something or another speaks next. He says there have been lots of fights in the last 50 years. A new generation is coming of age of all ethnicities and income levels. Looking to stay true to party’s great ideals. Put needs over rich and powerful. Does anyone believe that the DNC does that? Notice how all these speakers use the word “progressive.” You are the stupidest of fools if you ever use the words that Democrats want you to use. Yet, conservative writers are stupid most of the time and ALWAYS use these words. You should never say “progressive” or “liberal.” You should always call these people leftists. They are left-leaning. They are the party of the Left. They are leftists. What they do is leftist. Not progressive. Not liberal. Words matter.
33. Nita Lowey from New York. She says she wants to nominate her sister president. But Hillary Clinton only has brothers, not a sister. Maybe Nita is one of the Rodham brothers dolled up in drag or something. Says that New Yorkers love Hillary. She was the First Lady and also Secretary of State. Was neighbor and friend and fierce ally in the US Senate. Says she learned things from working closely with her for years. She wins tough battles. Here’s the thing: notice how people are never specific. They like to toss sentiments out, but never are very specific. Talking about 9/11. Saying Hillary got New York back on its feet and long after cameras were gone, Hillary helped secure healthcare for the EMTs and fire fighters. Hillary did do this in the Senate. Represented the diverse needs of the state of New York. I don’t ever hear Republicans saying that Hillary was not a good Senator. As far as Senators go, Hillary was as good as any Senator. It was being Secretary of State that problems arose that she is being criticized for today. Would she have been better served staying in the Senate? She’d have no Benghazi or email server problems now if she had stayed in the Senate. Then Nita Lowey starts taking punches at Trump, but very mild. Just saying that Trump is in things for Trump. She talks like she is talking to second graders, explaining to them when snack time will be and how to get to the cafeteria. Then she had the New York delegation come up. A Spanish-speaker comes up to shout at the microphone. He says he will be the first Dominican-American Congress critter, who is also the first formerly undocumented alien who became member of Congress. I always go back to Teddy Roosevelt’s warning against hyphenated Americans. People should just be Americans in the melting pot, not hyphenated people who spend their lives saying they are Dominican-American or Mexican-American or whatever. Just be Americans. Assimilate. Leave the Spanish behind. Join the melting pot. Do not hyphenate. He ends his remarks by shouting in Spanish. I hate listening to Spanish. It is the language of poverty. If you want to leave poverty behind for a new life, then leave the Spanish in the terrible places that you left behind and join the melting pot by learning English.
34. They are taking the DNC convention photo now. They are having a Muslim photographer take it with a 100 year old camera. He is asking people not to move and explaining to them how a camera works and how if you move then there will be blurs.
35. Dead air. There’s no music, no movement, no one on stage for a while. Then the band suddenly starts playing “Dancing with Myself,” which I think is a song about masturbation.
36. Some lesbian from Oregon starts talking. She says that LGBTQ people have come so far and can’t go back. But, as a gay man I ask what the heck are Democrats doing by bringing in Syrian colonists? Importing Muslims is dangerous for gay people and our rights. Muslims hate gays and kill gays around the world. How can you bring in millions of Muslims from a backwards and dysfunctional culture and not realize that they are a danger to gays and gay rights? But no Democrat will ever talk about this. And no Democrat will ever do anything for gay rights around the world. Not sure how many people out there want to listen to a lesbian droning on like this. Is this riveting television for anyone? And no one is talking about the big issue of our time: will Islam conquer the West and continue to be allowed to harm gay people?
37. Another Spanish-speaker shouting into the microphone. Says his mother had a third grade education. Which is better than most Democrats have, I think. He uses the word “progress” every 5 or 6 words. That’s really what they are trying to push as branding this year: “progress,” “progressive.” So do not help them by ever using their words. Words matter. Always call them leftists. They hate that. Do not help their branding efforts. Says he has a message for Donald Trump, then shouts something in Spanish. Really sick of the Spanish.
38. Black woman from Georgia speaks now. See what they did here? Had a gay person (lesbian), a Spanish speaker, and a black person come out. Because that is how Democrats see someone. You are THIS or you are THAT and it is all you will ever be. Democrats don’t see someone as a good speaker or someone with something of value to say. It is just, “Go get a lesbian” and “get someone who speaks Spanish” and “must have a black person too.” It is always like they are ordering snack off a dim sum menu. One of these, one of that, another one of those. This is who Democrats are. Always dividing people into little groups and then pitting these groups against each other, or combining them to be used against other groups. What’s really funny about this lesbian/Spanish speaker/black lady combo is that these three people would never be friends in real life. The only time they would ever go anywhere together would be to an event like this to speak. And when they get back stage, they would splinter off into three groups: a gay group, a Spanish speaking group, and a black group. They would never mix together as friends. They would just go back to their little groups. That’s how Democrat politics work.
39. The Mayor of Philly talks now. He says Irish people used to be viewed suspiciously too. So we should never have any borders or have any concern about who is being allowed in via unrestricted immigration. Because Irish people ended up working out well. Proud of the soda tax that Philly passed. Claim soda tax was to help neighborhood children somehow. Notice what Democrats never do: they never address the fact that our immigration laws are not enforced and that people who break the law see no consequences. So, Democrats really want NO LAWS and no law enforcement. No consequences for breaking the law.
40. They played a weird little comedy clip that made fun of Donald Trump, but it fell flat and no one laughed. It was strange. Like something the Daily Show would do.
41. Man is talking who said he was mentally retarded (his words) until 4th grade. He couldn’t tie his shoes or put on his pants until 5th grade. Says he is the first learning impaired person to become a lawyer in 3 different states. He is the Governor of Connecticut and is proud to be someone who was formerly officially mentally retarded. I guess this is inspirational, but it also feels like this man is from The Onion. How he talks about himself makes people uncomfortable. Like a gay guy calling himself a fag. Some gay people do that. I don’t like it, and I am a gay person. His talking about formerly being mentally retarded is uncomfortable. I am happy that he overcame that, but that word “retarded” is so emotionally charged. I don’t like hearing it. I actually looked it up to make sure he is telling the truth, and he really is the Governor of Connecticut. His name is Dannel Malloy, so he doesn’t spell “Daniel” correctly but he is the Governor. How the hell did that happen? Did he run unopposed or against a duck or something? That sounds like a Disney movie from the 1970s, where Fred McMurray would have played the Governor. Malloy is saying that as a formerly mentally retarded person he knows what it is like to be bullied. Now I really want to know how he got people to stop saying he was “mentally retarded” and is now “formerly mentally retarded.” How does that happen? Malloy says that any Muslim colonists that Indiana doesn’t want he will take in Connecticut. I say resettle them in the wealthiest area, right next to all the mansions. Put all of these “refugees” there. Built the mosques there, next to Martha Stewart’s house or Malloy’s house.
42. Okay, so Breitbart is reporting that earlier in the day, the people shouting were saying “NO TPP!”. That must be the thing they were saying when I thought they were shouting about the KGB. The people upset wanted opposition to the TPP to be in the party platform for 2016, but the DNC wouldn’t allow that. So they are mad.
43. Video about Congressional redistricting. Personally, every state should have districts that make sense. Not gerrymandered. There should be a law that eliminates the gerrymandering. Districts should be trapezoidal, not look like various body parts, sea life, lizards with tails, etc.
44. Angry Black Woman has come to say that Republicans are bad and terrible and low down awful. Because she is a black woman, and she is angry, you must listen to her and accept everything she says as true. Also, part of what she says rhymes, so it’s like being in church. Straight out of central casting. The kind of speech that you can’t remember four words from just five minutes later.
45. This is interesting: Democrats play music from the 80s and 90s at their convention. Republicans played stuff from the 60s/70s (and even 50s). They are playing JENN 867-5309 now. Susan Sarandon also shows up in a Bernie Sanders supporters section.
46. The NO TPP people really try to get on camera. They seem to have these people way in the back, but whenever the camera pans near them, they leap to attention. You can hear people shouting BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE! over and over again.
47. 601pm CST. Geesh. Like 5 more hours of this tonight! John Podesta is shouting into the microphone now. Pedestal looks like Supreme Leader Snoke. He says his dad was blue collar and his mom was pink collar. I’ve never heard of pink collar before. Does that mean she was a homemaker? After he talks, they ran another one of those Daily Show kind of jabs against Trump, this one making fun of his marriages.
48. 605pm CST. Another Spanish Speaker. Says: Buy us nachos! when she walks out. She’s all about getting a “Latina” into the US Senate. All about identity politics. She wants Loretta Sanchez to be next California Senator. All these people saying that Latinos bring “flavor” and “spice” to Congress. None of them see this is offensive. That’s like me, a gay man, saying that everywhere I go is more FABULOUS because I am there. I would like to be thought of as being more than just a fabulous gay guy. Don’t “Latinos” want to be more than just “spicy” and “flavorful” stereotypes? Says that in Latino countries it is common to have woman like Eva Peron and others high in office. America is a Latino country now so we should have a woman president too. That’s their logic. Every one of these people do that thing where they are speaking in English, but slow down and even stop before they say a word with a flourish…then speak back up again. More of that “My mother was from Meh-HEE-koe” garbage. Not a single one of them ever acknowledges that people who violate the immigration laws in place on the books are criminals. And there is a problem with people choosing not to follow the law. Loretta Sanchez was standing so still behind this woman that I thought it was a cardboard cutout. Here and there, she stops speaking English entirely and just speaks in Spanish, never translating. I really hate when they do this because it’s sending secret messages to one group of people. Why is that allowed? She really doesn’t want the law because she thinks that there should be no border and that anyone who wants to come here should just be allowed to come. Why have laws? Why enforce laws? If you want the law enforced, want borders, and want laws enforced, then you are bad. Hillary will erase the border and just allow anyone who wants to come to come. That is a promise.
49. 616pm CST. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh. Comes out publicly as an alcoholic. Could be a Kennedy relative. Says the labor unions accepted him as an alcoholic and then helped him become a builder. Is it really smart to put alcoholics on construction sites? I guess that was a good thing, because he needed a job. But is that the best place for alcoholics? What is the point of this speech: “I’m an alcoholic and I support Hillary Clinton. If you are an alcoholic, she’s the right choice for you too!” He claims that Donald Trump didn’t pay some contractors somewhere and he puts his name in gold on buildings. Hillary does not have her name in gold on no building. Donald Trump has enough money and don’t need no more money. Says he stands with all the lovable drunks out there who built this country but try not to drink so much no more. Vote Hillary!
50. 621pm CST. Now a bunch of labor leaders are shouting into the microphone. Says public sector collective bargaining strengthens communities. What a giant lie that is. Public employee unions strangle communities. This guy is from BizarroWorld. Says this is not reality television, this is reality. Trump is thin skinned bully who says “You’re Fired!” on the tee-vee. Says the unions are with Hillary. But, are they? Don’t the unions want to stop cheap foreign labor? Or do they want to hurt their members by importing all that cheap labor? Then that Trumka guy comes out. He is straight out of an SNL skit playing a union boss. Trumka says that Trump is not a tough guy but is a phony and he thinks wages are too high. “You are not a tough guy! I know tough guys!” Trumka sounds like he is a child shouting. Says Hillary will rewrite all the rules for Democrats. Claims she opposes TPP…but is that true? Sounds like she would be all for that as president since the Clintons were all for NAFTA back in the day. Trumka ends by shouting like Chris Farley doing that “Dan Foley’s Van by the River” sketch. Then there was more Spanish, this time from the woman from the teachers’ unions. These teachers…I tell you. Every single teacher I know in Chicago has the best life, like a life you couldn’t believe. Pensions. 4 months of vacation each year. High salaries. So much money they take weekend trips to NYC to see Broadway shows. Vacations in Europe or the Caribbean. Yet teachers are always crying they do not have enough money. They get something like $75,000/year for the rest of their lives when they retire. Does anyone in the private sector get that? Then the SEIU president comes in and wants the $15/hour minimum wage. This seems to be the big thing that Democrats will be going on about for the next four days. Trump would be smart to have business leaders come out and say what an apocalypse that would be for entry level jobs and low-skill jobs. Racial Justice. Social Justice. Environmental Justice. Immigrant Justice. These are all terms she used. The SEIU woman in purple also said: “brothers and sisters” a lot. Then she said, “I believe that we can win” and tried to get that started as a slogan, like “Yes we can” back in 2008. But it’s not as catchy. Some other union people talked after that, and then they used the weird “brothers and sisters” thing too. It’s like the communist “comrades” thing.
51. A woman is talking who apparently tried to blend into the background by wearing convention-gray camouflage. Her daughter is on drugs and so she had to raise her granddaughter as her own. Says Hillary Clinton came to her workplace and asked if she could help. She took notes and came up with a plan to help this woman’s family. That’s the kind of leader that is needed. Just so you know, Hillary really does do this. If she meets someone, she does listen and does try to help. She does a lot of other bad things she should not be doing, but she does listen to regular people and she does help them here and there. Trump does that too. Hillary is not the monster that some people try to make her out to be…but not being a monster does not make up for lying and doing her other bad things lately.
52. Some woman dressed up like Betty Ford is talking. At first I thought it was a drag queen playing Betty Ford. But it’s Senator Jeanne Shaheen. She’s talking about drug addiction and saying it is bad. For crying out loud, has there been any progress made on drugs in the last 30 years? It’s still the same. No one has an answer for it. White people in the suburbs do drugs. They buy drugs from people in the inner cities. The drugs come here through Mexico. For decades this has been happening. Hillary won’t solve this any more than the other people in office for the last 3o years did anything to solve it.
53. 647pm CST yo. Feels like hours and hours. Demi Lovato comes on and says she is mentally ill. I’m not really sure who Demi Lovato is, but I think she may be one of the girls that are used to “beard” closeted young gay actors like Zac Efron. Shouldn’t people with mental illness be at least a little not-happy-about it? Like, it’s not something to be PROUD of. It’s not a desirable thing. But at the Democrat Convention, being mentally ill or mentally impaired is something that people just shout from the mountains. It’s strange. Oh, and then seconds later she broke into song and gave a little concert. It was so weird. Not sure that ever happened at a convention before.
54. VIDEO about the sea levels rising and Obama Regime lowering the oceans like he promised. Democrats declare the science is settled. The world is ending and planet is about to explode. You must believe them and be afraid because only Democrats can save you.
55. Some guy from Oregon dressed up all in gray. He’s literally giving a generic speech about togetherness that could have been spoken by anyone, anywhere. Democrats’ remarks are like word jumbles: TOGETHER! GLOBAL WARMING! FIGHT! DIVERSITY!
56. 704pm CST. We’re in prime time now. Two Spanish-speakers. Illegals. Didn’t follow the law. Didn’t follow the rules. Little girls’ parents didn’t ever bother to learn English or assimilate. Girl born in Las Vegas. Anchor baby. She will say a sentence or two in English, then go back to Spanish. She was born here but her English is not good because she speaks Spanish at home. Says she wants to grow up to be a lawyer. Why not learn English and teach her parents English too? That would make a great law school application essay. Then the mother shouted in Spanish, because she’s been here over 10 years living illegally but never bothered to learn any English. Living in a parallel society, where you refuse to assimilate, is not immigration. It is being a colonist from another country who comes here and establishes a colony, never intending to join melting pot and assimilate.
57. Then there’s another weird Daily Show segment. This one calls Donald Trump a racist and compares him to David Duke. They call it “Trump in his own words,” where they selectively edit clips to make Trump look bad out of context.
58. Another Spanish-speaker. Her parents didn’t follow the law and broke the rules. Snuck here in a raft. Why can’t these people just apply for admission? Why can’t America have the admissions policy of Harvard and Yale? People should apply to come here. We should select the best people to come. The way that Harvard and Yale don’t just take anyone. They take the best. Not just people who show up, sneak in, and don’t follow the rules. Why is it okay that these Spanish-speakers do not follow the law and think laws do not apply to them?
59. More Spanish-speaking. This time Luiz Gutierrez. One of the most loathsome people in Chicago and the country. This guy is pure lizard. Shouting into the microphone. Again, Democrats never address the fact that people who don’t follow the rules should not be rewarded for not following the rules. How can a sovereign nation exist without borders and without enforcing its immigration laws? Why are we as a nation not allowed to have laws that are respected and enforced? Why can’t we demand that people who want to come here have a skill, are able to read and write, and can contribute something? This guy is the worst of the worst. Shouting in Spanish angrily. Again, I ask if Spanish is so great then why aren’t Spanish-speaking countries great? Why are all the places that speak Spanish so poor and backwards?
60. Gorgeous Black Man comes to speak. I think he is a basketball player. The first attractive person who spoke all night. He then just said generic things. Then he introduced his brother, who is an openly gay former NBA player. Says he came out to the Clinton family first, which is strange. Of all the people to come out to, he chose the Clintons? I really wish that Aaron Rodgers and other gay pro-sportsball players would all just come out. Just do it all at once. No one cares! We’re here. We’re queer. Everybody is used to it! Just imagine how great it would be if all pro athletes just came out and it was no big deal. Democrats could never use this as an issue again.
61. This looks like the guy from Hunger Games who designed the game arena and then had to eat poisoned blueberries at the end. His name is Jessie something. I thought he was going to say he was a trans-man (Female to Male) but he’s some kind of computer designer instead. He’s going on about transgender bathrooms and how it’s the most important issue of all time. Twitter says his name is Jesse Lipson.
62. Video about LGBTQAI
63. Angry Lesbian from Central Casting speaking now. Trying to say Trump is not LGBTQAI friendly. Good luck with that, Democrats. Trump is the most LGBTQAI political candidate in history.
64. Another comedy skit. That guy Ken Jeong and some other guy, doing a Daily Show kind of sketch.
65. Bob Casey from Pennsylvania speaks. He says his father used to be Governor. Says that Hillary knows where Pennsylvania is and will come there sometimes to see how it’s doing. He says that Trump has wine glasses made in Slovenia, not Pennsylvania. Maybe it’s because the unions in Pennsylvania prevent things from being able to be made in Pennsylvania. He says that Donald Trump ain’t never made nothing in his life. Says he wishes he had played basketball for the 76ers.
66. Some guy from Chillicothe Ohio who looks like guy from Ally McBeal. Remember him? The little guy on McBeal who was weird, and then he was weird on other shows too. This guy looks like his son. His name is Luke Feeney. Sounds like a made-up name for a generic person. Is he cat fishing? Someone is shouting something that sounds like, “Rock n Roll, Nudists Now!”
67. Kristen Gillibrand from New York. Tells a bunch of weird lies. Claims that women don’t even get a paid day off to give birth in this country. How is that true? That seems like it would be a big lawsuit if some company tried to pull that. This woman looks and sounds just like the actress from Veronica Mars.
68. Al Franken, Senator. Also man who dressed up as an adult baby and went on tee-vee. Franken delivered unfunny standup routine of lame Trump jokes. Franken mostly made me remember that Americans like electing celebrities to office: Jesse Ventura. Schwarzenegger. And now Trump. Reagan was a celebrity too. So was Sonny Bono and Gopher from Love Boat. People see Trump as celebrity, not politician. That bodes well for him because celebrities win. It felt like Al Franken had been drinking too. Was he drunk? Or does he have a speech impediment or medical issue that makes him slur his words?
69. SHAMELESS! Democrats bring out a woman in a wheelchair to shout lies about Trump. Not allowed to ever challenge this, because she is in a wheelchair. Political correctness means this woman can say anything she wants about Trump that is horrible and all lies…but no one can call her out. Because she’s handicapped, she’s untouchable. Shameless to have her come out and do this. Someone who is not allowed to be rebutted should not be taking political punches.
70. Al Fraken comes out to speak again. And Sarah Silverman too. Just in case you were wondering, neither of them are funny. They talk about the Bernie Sanders fans needing to get really and stop it already. Franken and Silverman are awful together. Then they introduce Paul Simon. This is the music of my childhood and all, but do we really need this much musical breaks?
71. VIDEO – some guy begging about drug treatment. Saying he needs treatment for heroin or something. It was a Mario Cuomo tribute for some reason.
72. Eva Longoria comes out. She used to be on Desperate Housewives. In 2008, she was one of the most prominent Hillary surrogate speakers. Eva announced that her father is not a rapist. She is 9th generation Texan. Says she is Latina. And she will be introducing closeted gay Corey Booker.
73. Corey Booker. He should just come out. He fools about as many people as Lindsey Graham. Do people still like hearing from charismatic, closeted gay black man after 8 years of this? He’s shouting stuff from a stock speech. He’s trying to attack Trump, but it just comes out as childish. He feels like an actor in a bad play who is portraying Obama. Weird. Corey Booker seemed to be doing his best to have a 2004 Obama Convention Speech moment. Looks like he is auditioning to be the Dems’ candidate in 2020 after Hillary loses. Will next election be race between Corey Booker and Elizabeth Warren? How weird would that be? Like BizarroWorld Hillary vs. Obama. Someone wrote on Twitter that if Hillary wanted to unite the party she would have picked Bernie Sanders. If she wanted to excite the party, she would have picked Corey Booker for VP. Tim Kaine gets her nothing.
74. VIDEO about Trump University being terrible, some woman being embarrassed that she got involved in it.
75. Woman Who Hates Trump University talks. I don’t know what the issue is with Trump University. All of higher education is a racket. She seems like a very nice woman but what exactly is her beef? What did Trump University do to her? How was she wronged? No specifics given.
76. Michelle Obama enters. She looks gorgeous. Be fair and give her that. She’s smiling and not being hateful and bitter. Lovely color on her, lovely dress. She started off telling nice stories about her girls when they first got to White House. Then made some weird comment about a little black boy who wanted to touch her husband’s head. She called Hillary Clinton her “friend,” like anyone believes that. Michelle says that shruggles make people shronger. It takes a village of shruggles to make you stronger. Michelle went there: her line about waking up every day in a house built by slaves. Hillary made people take it for granted that woman could be president. Michelle says it is greatest country on earth. As Michelle left, they played Stevie Wonder’s “Signed, Sealed Delivered”.
77. Some Kennedy or another comes out to speak next. He’s a ginger. He had Elizabeth Warren in law school. She really scalped him his first day in class. Tough teacher.
Elizabeth Warren gets heckled the whole time. Not sure what someone was shouting. Her voice is very nice to listen to though. That’s why this woman is very dangerous. Her ideas are wrong and dangerous, but she is pleasant to listen to. Elizabeth Warren keeps talking about system being rigged, but who’s been running the system for 8 years. I’ve never listened to Warren before, but she comes across very calm and pleasant…like someone on QVC. Apparently she is not always like this and is usually fiery, but she’s choosing to be very low-key here. OMG! Warren then talks about informercials. And she sounds like someone in an informercial. Then she goes on about a rigged system and racial tensions being used…but that’s exactly what Democrats do. That’s how Democrats stay in power. She talks about a hate-filled America, but that’s what Obama created in 8 years. Democrats sew this animosity so they can stay in power. No explanation ever given for why they claim that women are paid less than men, but Democrats have held White House for 8 years. So why no positive change? Did Obama not want to solve this? Or couldn’t he solve it…but Hillary can solve it? How does that work?
78. Angry Black Man shouting. Is this the Muslim in Congress? He shouted for a few minutes before introducing Bernie Sanders.
Never seen anything like the shouting for Sanders. It goes on and on and won’t stop. Sanders shouting at them to stop shouting for him. Talks about political revolution to transform America..and revolution continues. Transform into what? SHRUGGLE of the people continues. SHRUGGLE for economics based on social justice. Says election is not about what Media spends time discussing. End the 40 year decline of middle class. Reality of people living in poverty. Must transform economy or younger generation will have lower standard of living than parents. End grotesque level of wealth and income inequality today. Keeps repeating about raising minimum wage to living wage. Someone working 40 hours a week should not be living in poverty. Rebuild infrastructure. During Bernie’s speech, Bill Clinton was standing next to Cecile Richards from Planned Parenthood (vile). Sanders wants to overturn Citizens United. Goes on rant about Koch Brothers. Makes a bunch of apocalyptic predictions. Says Trump hates science and hates everyone. Wants free college for everyone. Wants free drugs for people. His supporters really are like a cult, crying and having breakdowns. Sanders’ fans against TPP. These special snowflakes are melting down big time during his speech.
Sanders supporters taking this all very hard:
79. There was heckling during the prayer at the end. That was strange. Heckling and people making noise and leaving the Convention instead of staying and listening to prayer. Like they were rushing to their cars while movie credits rolled.
80. Did you see Bill Clinton sitting next to Cecile Richards (daughter of Ann Richards) during Bernie speech? They looked more than chummy. Cecile is head of Planned Parenthood. She reminds me of Robin Wright Penn in House of Cards.
DAMN! This was a strange and bizarre night of television! Will tomorrow be even stranger?
I’m recapping it as well, so tune in then!
If you enjoyed our convention coverage and like the other writing on this site, please check out our recently published book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It’s part of what we have been working on here in Chicago on the ground for the last few years. This is the story of what local government and the police do to try to silence people who speak out against government corruption in the Chicago suburbs. Megan Fox and I uncovered sex crimes that were being covered-up in the Orland Park Public Library near Chicago. Local politicians and the police chief didn’t want anyone finding out that library staff were deliberating allowing child pornography to be accessed and other crimes to happen in the library. For whatever reason, Orland Park officials wanted that library to be a place where men could access child porn, masturbate openly, and stalk women. When confronted with incident reports proving that library staff never called the police like they were supposed to when these sex crimes happened, the local officials in Orland Park lashed out at us, had the police menace and threaten us, and tried every trick they could think of to censor and silence us. They wanted to protect that access point to child porn at all costs…because SOMEONE powerful in Orland Park wanted the library to operate this way. Our book is the story of every dirty trick a local government body can pull against the public and what people can do to stand up to such tyranny.
It is the #1 Banned Book in the country, since the American Library Association (which is severely criticized in the book for its role in covering up the child porn and other sex crimes) is actively working to keep our book from being carried in local libraries. Another way you could help us is to ask your local library in writing to carry the book wherever you live. The more people who read this and know what is going on, the less able local governments will be to silence the public and take away its First Amendment right to petition.
© 2016, Kevin DuJan. All rights reserved.
Help HillBuzz by Shopping Amazon
I look forward to your comments. Please follow these simple guidelines:
- Please do not complain about your comment not yet showing up
- Stay on topic of the article ("This is OT, but..." = bad!)
- I will STING if you troll, spam, bait, swear or attack someone