Archive for January 1st, 2012
[ Note: the above are snaps of the 1820s themed Christmas decorations on display at the Reagan Library as part of their “An American Christmas” display. The “12 Days of Christmas” you’ve heard of in song actually run from Christmas Day through the Epiphany, so even though you see Valentine’s Day candy on the store shelves now, it’s still good to remember that Christmas does in fact include these “12 days” too. It’s also fun looking at these trees and picking out the ornaments that symbolize the 1820s — since each Reagan Library tree depicts a different decade of American history. ]
It’s New Year’s Day — 2012. I can hardly believe it.
I remember when I was in grade school the cartoon show “The Transformers” would come on TV right before I had to leave for school; the series was originally set in a contemporary 1985 or so, but in later seasons flashed forward to “the future”. In one episode, a robotic announcer said “It is the year 2005 and Decepticons have taken over the planet” and I marveled at how far away that mysterious “2005” seemed.
Well, kiddo, it’s 2012 now and 2005 is a distant memory of a world that seems in many ways much more preferable to the mess 2011 left us to clean up. Instead of Decepticons, the political Left has taken over not the world, but this country at least, and 2012 is the year Americans take it back. The Cocktail Party GOP establishment is doing its very best to get in the way of that, but in my heart I know that Tea Party Americans are not going to let them succeed and that business as usual will not continue in Washington this year.
I think the most important thing to always remember is that we’re in the mess that we’re in because for decades the Cocktail Party GOP establishment has entrenched itself in the halls of power for its own selfish reasons; they’ve enabled the Left and allowed Leftists to do terrible things to America because the Cocktail Partiers didn’t want to rock any boats or generate negative press coverage for themselves for standing up to the Left (or standing for anything, really, except their own re-elections).
We really and truly are committed to a three-front fight if we want to save America: defeat the Cocktail Party GOP establishment, take down the agenda-drive media, and decimate the Left.
I put that in a specific order because it’s actually going to be fairly easy to destroy the Left completely if we remove the Cocktail Party and agenda-driven media, since the Left would not survive and thrive without its enablers and propagandists.
HOW we achieve this is the big question. The Cocktail Party GOP establishment is strong. The agenda-driven media controls the minds of millions of people who still think what they hear on TV or read in the fish wrappers is true.
Maybe you could offer some ideas on this Open Thread for how we start to change that.
If you are someone who makes “New Year’s Resolutions”, I’d like to very humbly ask you to consider doing something a little different this year. In addition to whatever you are resolving on a personal level, maybe you could also make the well-being of your country part of your focus in 2012.
Can it be part of your “Resolution” to:
* find a creative way to use your unique talents to inform your friends and family that the agenda-driven media lies to them
* put pressure on Republican elected officials where you live to stop following the Cocktail Party’s orders and start doing what’s best for their constituents
* expose the Left’s worst offenses to anyone you know who favors MSNBC or CNN and start asking them WHY truth like this is never covered and why they continue watching this garbage when it’s not telling the real story
* get involved with voter ID and ballot integrity efforts to do what you can between now and November to limit the amount of voter fraud the Left can commit to drag Barack Obama over the finish line to re-election
* commit yourself to doing whatever you can to help the ultimate Republican nominee for President, even if you don’t like that person, because defeating Barack Obama is a MUST if you want this country to survive. In many cases you might find yourself campaigning for the Vice President on the ticket, if the Cocktail Party wins and someone bland and milquetoast like Romneycare becomes the nominee. I campaigned for Sarah Palin for VP in 2008 when I found it difficult to conjure any enthusiasm for a John McCain presidency. Someone amazing like Allen West could end up as VP…and I can’t imagine the Cocktail Party being dumb enough to miss an opportunity to add some life to a 2012 ticket with an inspired VP pick. Though, let’s not put anything past these morons.
Life is about playing the best hand you can with the cards you are given.
Today is the first day of a new year — a year that will be momentously important. A great many of the foolish and easily-distracted people out there will be focused the big lies about the “Mayan End of the World Prophesy!”. This will be similar to 1999, when these same very foolish people were obsessed with “The Y2K Disaster!”. This actually works in our favor, because I bet if you drew a ven diagram of the Mayan Calendar Obsessed and another of Obama 2008 Enthusiasts, the area of overlap between the two circles would be massive.
The one prediction I will make for 2012 is that many of the people who were gung-ho for Obama four years ago will be focused on the Mayans and the world ending this year, so they will largely be unavailable to be out there chanting HOPE! and CHANGE! and attending Obama cult rallies. Obama was “so four years ago” and the new pop culture phenomenon will be Unstoppable Galactic Doom for these nutters.
That gives us a great advantage. The challenge is figuring out how to really exploit it.
I’m going to spend today thinking about that — and putting together my personal game plan and the plan for this site for 2012. I hope whatever you are doing today that you can find time to sit down, collect your thoughts, and strategize with your friends and loved ones on what YOU want to do for the 2012 elections.
I know in my heart that YOU are the key to beating Barack Obama…and that YOU are going to be one of the people who helps put this country back on track. You just don’t either know it or realize it yet, but I know you are going to get there. The Mayans may not have remembered to write about it, but I just did.
As I type this, I’m hearing my neighbors fire their automatic handguns into the air to celebrate the New Year. In the past, this has bothered me a lot. It happens every 4th of July and New Year’s Eve.
Now I’m kind of glad that so many of my neighbors are armed, even though they’re criminals.
Because I’m pretty sure that Barack Hussein Obama made me a criminal tonight as well, along with his accomplices, the traitors in the House and Senate who drafted and voted for this un-American monstrosity.
My two-week supply of food, my hand-crank radio, my gun and the Ron Paul sticker on my car are probably the only things required to label me as a “dangerous radical.”
This is what it has come to in America.
I never thought I’d live to see the day.