WHAT: Day 3 coverage of the Democrat Convention in Philadelphia, 7/27/16
WHERE: Live streamed on CSPAN and also on YouTube via official channel
WHEN: Coverage begins at 330pmCST on 7/27/16
WHY: Because someone has to watch 7+ hours of this garbage so that you don’t have to and can just read the notes and be all caught up. This is my gift to you, because we are friends like this. I must really like you.
1. Before we get started today, I would like to ask you to please watch Donald Trump’s press conference from this morning. It’s one of the best pressers I’ve ever seen. It is truly devastating for Democrats that he does this. No presidential candidate has ever been this blunt and frank. The Media is refusing to cover any of this, of course, but I know through social media all of this is going to get out. Please watch it and then share the video with others. Trump starts speaking at about the 33:20-mark.
2. The next video that you need to watch is of Susan Sarandon being interviewed by some Bernie Sanders guy. I swear to you, for the first time in your lives it is worth listening to Susan Sarandon. Some fascinating things happen in this interview. Trust me.
3. Just a few housekeeping notes: in case it’s not obvious, I write this live stream as it happens, as things unfold, in real time. So there will be spelling and other mistakes in this that I would not normally make. I’m not going to come back to this later and correct anything…and if I type something and don’t know how to spell it, I won’t have time to look that person’s name up because I’m literally watching the convention unfold as I’m typing. I am just not fast enough with the computering and the Interwebbing and all of that to be juggling more than two windows open at a time. I will have this screen open to be able to type on HB for you and another screen open with either the YouTube or the CSPAN feed…and that’s it. I wish I was able to write this live and not have any typos and all that, but I’m 40 now and doing the best that I can in a world that technologically moves way too fast for me. I am a pretty damn fast typist though (thank you, Sister Adelaide at the Immaculate Conception School) so I’ll try to get as much information for you as possible as things unfold. This is not meant to be a transcript though. It’s notes, reflections, and screen grabs as things happen. I want you to have a feel for what went on during the Convention so you don’t have to watch 7 hours of archived video feed…but I am not creating a definitive historical record here. I am a gay guy typing this out in Boystown, not the Librarian of Congress in Washington.
4. This is the stream I am watching:
5. These are the speakers listed for today:
— More to come, written in real time live as events happened —
DID YOU ENJOY OUR COVERAGE? If so, please let me know in comments, tweet me on the Twitters, or send me an email. If you’d like to see more coverage from us during this election, also let us know. I don’t mind doing any of this as long as you get something useful out of it. I think of you as a friend, and as a friend if you find the coverage interesting and amusing, I’ll do it for you through the election…including the debates and the other events. As long as good people out there get something out of this and appreciate it, then it’s worth my time to do this for you.
If you like the writing here, then I think you would really enjoy the first book that I have out with my friend Megan Fox: SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. Together, we achieved a lifelong goal of mine: to star in a 1980s mystery-solving show. It’s like Hart to Hart, but with a whimsical gay guy instead of Robert Wagner and a brash homeschooling mom in the suburbs in place of Stephanie Powers. There’s a little bit of Scarecrow & Mrs. King, Murder, She Wrote, Hardcastle & McCormack, Scooby Doo, and other 80s shows in there too. Of all the oddball things that I’ve ever gotten mixed up in and of all the adventures I’ve ever had, this was my favorite one: Megan and I stumbling into a years-long cover-up in the suburbs, where she and I busted public officials for hiding sex crimes that happened in the public library…and then when they were caught they came at us with everything short of murder to shut us up. The entire suburban government was in on it…and very powerful people wanted their library to continue to be used as a place where men could masturbate in the open (around children!), stalk women, access child pornography on government computers, and do other horrible things. Megan and I forced the government to stop doing the awful things it was doing…and the local police and public officials came at us for two years to punish us for upsetting the apple cart and disrupting what had been going on in the affluent Chicago suburb of Orland Park.
It is the strangest damn story you will ever read. It is not a boring political book, though you will learn a lot about local politics. Because we busted a bad public library and also exposed horrible things that the American Library Association has been doing, the ALA has made us the #1 Banned Book in the country. They are actively trying to keep our book out of public libraries near you.
You would be doing me the biggest favor in the world if you would ask your local public library to purchase our book for its collection. Your library has a form and/or someone to email to request a book for purchase. So far, our book is now in 6 different libraries in Illinois. I’d love to see it on the shelves in other states. If you read our book (and I hope you do!), I’d also appreciate an HONEST review from you. Even if you didn’t like it. The ALA has been encouraging its members to write fake, negative, 1-star reviews to tank our book…so librarians who have never read it are giving it bad reviews (without ever even opening a copy!). So, people who’ve actually read it need to review it with their HONEST opinions. And don’t spare my feelings. Honey, after all these years, I don’t have any feelings left. I’m just very proud of this book and proud of the work I did with my friend Megan Fox and so glad to have had this adventure with her in Chicago’s suburbs. Because we are friends like that, I’d really like you to share in it with us and would like to hear your opinion afterwards.
BY: Megan Fox & Kevin DuJan
WorldCat: OCLC 951988951
WHAT: Day Two of coverage of the Democrats’ convention in Philly, 7/26/16
WHERE: Live stream found at CSPAN or on YouTube via the official convention site
WHEN: Convention resumes at 3pm CST and will go to 11pmCST+
WHY: Because we are friends like this, I am subjecting myself to gavel to gavel coverage. So that you don’t have to watch it all and can just read my notes. Don’t say I never did anything for you and I don’t care, because clearly I do. We are friends like that.
1. First, I just wonder how women feel about guys like the one above, the cute little blonde Bernie Sanders man-child who was crying in his Peter Pan hat during the convention last night. My boyfriend Justin hates when I talk about stuff like this (“Don’t tell them that!” he says), but I am not disgusted by grown men crying in public. I admit that I respond to it, and that my natural impulse is to comfort this guy, give him some milk and cookies, and then maybe call his mom and tell her that he needs her help because he is having a horrible, awful, no-good, bad day. If he was crying on the CTA trains or something, I would stop and talk to him and try to make him feel better. I don’t know how I feel about our society changing from one where men were never allowed to cry or show vulnerability to one where Millennial guys are crying all the time, even for stupid things like not being able to find the Pokemon GO character they wanted to find in the abandoned salvage yard or toxic waste dump or wherever they are looking for Pokemons. This guy — whom someone dubbed “Sobin Hood” on Twitter — is an adorable little cookie-nibbler whose world came to an end last night when Bernie Sanders sold-out and pretty much admitted that he had lied to his followers. There was no political revolution. Just an old man who craved attention and took advantage of gullible snowflakes on college campuses…but in the end surrendered to the machine instead of battling it out to the end. Sobin Hood (another name I liked was Peter Panic) allowed his emotions to flash raw across his face on live television for the world to see. Does that make him less of a man? Well, yes, of course it does. There’s nothing manly about crying your eyes out on the tee-vee because an elderly socialist man has broken up with you and all your friends.
2. This is a few days old, but it’s Michael Moore saying why Trump will win. I think that Michael Moore’s right about all of it. The biggest thing that’s most obvious is that there is no excitement for Hillary and the only thing people can say is that it’s time to have a woman president or that they’d want to see a woman president or it’s Hillary’s turn to be president. None of that is a good reason for her to be president. And this is coming from someone who sunk everything he had in 2008 into making her president. This 2016 election was supposed to be between Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush, in which case Hillary would have won. I will let you in on a little secret: Hillary Clinton and Jeb Bush would be the same person in the White House…and their presidencies would have been exactly the same. They are both pro-Saudi Arabia, pro-Islam, and pro-Open Borders. Hillary and Democrats want the American people demographically replaced by Third Worlders because they want Democrats to have more votes and become a permanent majority; Jeb Bush and Republicans like him want the American people demographically replaced by Third Worlders because the Chamber of Commerce wants unlimited cheap labor and wages cratering. Cocktail Party Republicans don’t care if they become a permanent political minority, because they see themselves in a future that is based on India’s caste system, where the wealthy elite rule like Brahmins and Americans are poor, uneducated, Spanish-speaking, and are easily controlled. Hillary and Jeb want the same future. The plan was for Jeb to lose gracefully to her in 2016, for her to make him Secretary of State, and then for Jeb to get to be a wonderful bipartisan future in the New America where no Republican could ever win a presidential election again anyway due to all the unconstrained colonization from the Third World. The fix was in. The American people were supposed to be quiet and acquiesce to all of this and be good little frogs boiling slowly and without complaint in the pot that Hillary and Jeb set for them. Trump has upended that and given Americans a chance to seize their own destiny and battle back against the elites’ plan to turn America into a Third World plantation. Americans do not want to be impoverished. We do not want to switch to speaking Spanish, which is the language of poverty. We do not want to see America transform into a Latin American country, with all the accompanying corruption and control by an elite. Even Michael Moore sees the people’s rebellion against what Hillary/Jeb and those who support them both have been planning. Trump is going to win, and he’s going to win big. The frogs have not been boiled and have realized what’s happening before it was too late.
3. Lee Stranahan at Breitbart is reporting that Philly is ripe for a riot. The contrast between the Democrat and the Republican parties cannot be more clear. Republicans showed who they were in Cleveland. It was just like any Tea Party event I’ve ever seen: thousands of Republicans descend on a place and they leave it cleaner and nicer than how they found it. In contrast, when thousands of Democrats come to an area…they leave filth, destruction, garbage, and a giant ugly mess. This is a stark difference between the types of people drawn to each party. At some point in life, you need to decide what group of people you want to be a part of. I am not sure why anyone would ever want to affiliate with Democrats once they realize the sort of people that Democrats are and the things that they do.
4. Wow. Democrats screwed over the Sanders people again today by playing paperwork games to prevent a challenge to Tim Kaine as the VP candidate that Hillary wants. I hope that Sanders people don’t just take this without a fight and wimp out. They should really protest this. If there is a procedure for challenging the VP pick — and Tim Kaine is certainly a lackluster and unacceptable VP pick to many — then the convention should allow the challenge and go through those motions and mechanisms. It should not be okay for the DNC to just silence everyone by fiat through various games-playing. At some point, the games-playing needs to be challenged and exposed. Will the Sanders “revolution” do so or will it wimp out again?
5. Trump has started calling her “Hillary Rotten Clinton.” It’s funny but I’ve never heard that one in all these years. How is it possible that no one has ever said that before? That has a cleverness to it that will catch on. Notice that Hillary dropped the “Rodham” from her name completely in recent years, but some people believed she’d go by the name “Hillary Rodham” if she was elected president. But that surprise would not be made until after the election. She would want to be president under her own name, not her husband’s. Her husband and his name were just something she used to fulfill what she saw as her destiny. Dinesh D’Souza’s movie Hillary’s America got into a lot of this. It is worth your time to go see it in a theater…and I encourage you to spend the money and see it in a theater because it would be nice for this movie to get a big box office haul. Going to a movie is extremely rare for me because it is just so expensive…but I really enjoyed handing over my money yesterday for Hillary’s America. I doubt I will see another movie in theaters all summer, but I am glad that I saw this one and paid admission for it so that I contributed to the box office numbers. It’s nice when a Dinesh D’Souza movie makes a big splash and eclipses the latest efforts by Michael Moore.
6. Again, to me this is so obvious but I think that conservatives have trouble understanding the games that Democrats play. Bernie Sanders was always in on it, even if his supporters were duped and didn’t understand. Since she lost the 2008 to an upstart who came out of nowhere, Hillary Clinton wanted to make sure that the nomination could not be taken away from her again in 2016. The Clintons then looked for a candidate to run against her in the primary who would lose to Hillary. She could not run unopposed. They had to have a warm body…but not one who would beat her like Obama did. So, no one young. A young opponent would make Hillary look ancient. She needed someone so old that he would look like he had one foot in the grave…which would make blonde Hillary look youthful in comparison. She also needed someone who was scary to Americans and who was to the far, far Left. That would make people look at Hillary and say, “She’s not that bad! At least she’s not him!” The Clintons found this perfect primary opponent in Bernie Sanders, who agreed to play the game and do his part to get Hillary to the nomination.
Again, I repeat, SANDERS WAS ALWAYS IN ON THIS. In exchange for being the Washington Generals to Hillary’s Globetrotters (the team that would go up agains the Harlem Globetrotters during their shows, pretending to be a real team, but just being a choreographed foil that allowed the Globetrotters to shine), Sanders would get national attention, money, perks like private jets, a platform to spout his nonsense for a while, and then probably some job in a Clinton Cabinet…and of course a book deal and whatever else he wanted back in Vermont. It was win-win for everyone. Hillary would get the nomination (FINALLY!), the DNC would get a primary contest that it controlled (and heal some wounds from Hillary being denied nomination in 2008), and Bernie Sanders would get attention that he craved.
But, the problem was that the Clintons did not realize how FAR LEFT the Democrat Party had truly lurched. This is like a food truck that has a few leftover ingredients in the back at the end of a night, throws them together, and is SHOCKED that there are lines around the block full of young people BEGGING to be served what they dished up by happenstance. No one predicted that Bernie Sanders — an octogenarian socialist with shock white hair who looks like a troll from under a bridge — would become a cult figure greater than Obama was back in 2008. Hillary Clinton was destined/cursed to always be up against people who became larger than life when running against her in national races. This is totally not what she experienced when she ran for Senate all those years ago. She could not control the process any more.
At some point, I think Sanders got full of himself and had a big head and thought he could actually win the nomination. The DNC was never going to let this happen. This reminds me of House of Cards’ latest season. On that show, Kevin Spacey played a president who manipulates the nominating process…and more than one of his pawns tries to rebel against him and break free and snatch the prize away from him. He crushes them all in the end, but there are some very dramatic moments. This is what happened to Hillary this year. She came close to losing control a few times, but the nomination was always rigged. The DNC Leaks prove that.
What the Bernie Sanders cult doesn’t seem to understand though is that Bernie Sanders was always in on this. He is not a victim of anything. He was a willing and well-compensated participant. That’s why he had no complaints last night. He got what he was promised, even though he ended up having a much larger and more spectacular role in proceedings than he ever could have imagined. He sold out and caved and gave in because he always intended to do that.
He was never a champion of his cult and he never cared about his supporters. He always had this deal with the Clintons and he played his role with gusto…but it was always a role he was playing and he never intended to win because he was never supposed to win.
I thought this was obvious to people. It’s sure obvious to me and anyone who’s ever studied the Clintons or the DNC.
7. How great was it to see Susan Sarandon looking sick and shaking her head all night? I hope she shows up again this evening and behaves the same way. It was so much fun watching her have the worst night ever.
8. The crazy is now live-streaming. You can watch it all here. I think they archive it in the same link when the convention is over.
9. After being criticized yesterday for not having any American flags anywhere (but plenty of Mexican and Muslim flags), Democrats went to an Army surplus store or Walgreens or something and got a few flags to strategically place around the stage. Funny how they don’t think to do things like this on their own…they only put flags up when criticized for not having them. The rest of the set still looks like a gay bathhouse in the 1990s…which is ironic because neither of Barack Obama’s conventions had a set like that, yet the convention nominating the first woman candidate is staged to look like the interior of Steamworks in Boystown.
10. Here are the scheduled speakers today. Which will be your favorites? Who will say the craziest things or shout the most? Will there be any drama during the roll call of the states? Will the Sanders cult just quiet down, accept their place, and slink into a corner because the DNC told them to or do they have any fight and life in them?
11. Some people on Twitter sending around really effective graphics about the DNC convention.
12. 332pm CST. Marsha Fudge is back. Telling everyone to come to order. It’s time to catch Carmen Sandiego once and for all! Yesterday, the Sanders cultists were very rude to her and would boo her and not let her talk.
13. Black Muslim then comes out and speaks. Democrats feel this should be a Muslim country. Islam has enslaved black people for centuries. Black people are foolish to support Islam. If Islam conquers the world, black people will be made slaves by Muslims. They are useful idiots to help Islam expand now. Gay people are fools to support Democrats in any way, since Democrats push Islam…and Islam kills gays. Why help the people who help the people who want to kill gays and enslave blacks? This Black Muslim did the thing where they say any criticism of Islam is “islamophobia.” So, when Muslims kill people anywhere or blow something else, you are not allowed to talk about it. Imagine if during WWII if whenever the Germans or Japanese blew something up and killed people you were not allowed to talk about it. We are in the last days of political correctness with this stuff. At some point soon, people will say ENOUGH! just as they told Charles Lindbergh ENOUGH! and told him to shut up and sit down with his nonsense in the 1930s/1940s.
14. Handicapped people singing the National Anthem. Because with Democrats it can’t ever just be a good singer. It has to be a blind person. Or a deaf person. Or someone born without a spleen who has tragically and bravely SHRUGGLED. It’s not about someone’s merit or what they can do, but the identity of the person and how that person checks off DIVERSITY! boxes.
15. Tom Harkin comes onto stage. Music played for him was from some old dating game show in the 1970s. They keep claiming that people somewhere are paid below the minimum wage, but how is that possible? How is anyone allowed to pay less than minimum wage? This is like when teachers claim they have to buy their own school supplies. They say that. People hear it and say ‘that’s terrible.’ But is it true? Is that really happening? What the heck are those supplies and are they really needed if the schools won’t pay for them? Who are all these people who claim they are being paid less than minimum wage? Why don’t we ever hear from them and why don’t they ever identify the employers who are allegedly doing this? And after 8 years of Democrats being in the White House, why is this happening? Why haven’t Democrats stopped this while they were in control?
16. This is funny. People noticed that Fauxcahontas looked like she was standing in front of giant eMail clipart from the early 1990s last night. I know this was an accident. But it is really funny. Will they use that backdrop again tonight? I doubt it.
17. Allison Lumberjack Grime from Kentucky is talking. She looks like a third runner-up on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Says she has known Hillary for 20 years. Met her at the Lincoln Memorial in 1993. Hillary then kept writing and calling her. That seems weird. Did Hillary just hang out there on the steps, talking to young girls and then writing to them for years? That’s strange. Says that Hillary calls her whenever someone dies. Hillary somehow knows whenever anything bad happens to her and calls her. Does anyone wonder if Hillary causes bad things to happen just so she can call this woman? Says that Hillary loves eating buffalo wings with her. Starts shouting about some kind of Bedwetter Act, which is a family issue and a woman issue. Voting rights = if you paid debt to society, should not take vote away from felons. This is the woman who ran against Mitch McConnell and lost. Just a fashion tip here: but when you buy a tube of lipstick, you are not supposed to use it all at once. It’s like Drain-o. It’s not supposed to be used in one day; there’s at least two days’ worth when you buy it. You don’t have to put all the lipstick on at once. It doesn’t spoil. You can save some for later.
18. 354pm CST. Crowd is shouting HILLARY, HILLARY, HILLARY. Fudge comes back and says she has the nominating documents. Says it is time to move to the nominating speeches. Sanders’ supporters go first.
19. Representative Tulsi Gabler from Hawaii comes to talk about Sanders. She’s wearing a big string of popcorn around her neck, like a necklace. Like the kind that you would put on a Victorian Christmas tree. She says that Sanders is all about aloha. When you hurt and the earth hurts, Bernie hurts. He is a movement of love. Must care for families torn apart by criminal justice system (but not criminals). Destructive trade deals. Care for those scraping by at minimum wage and crippled by college debt. Care about environment and future generations. Lives lost and ruined by regime change wars. Says inadequate care and delays at the VA. Movement of love and compassion bigger than anyone. Speaks to nation’s conscience and to our hearts. Love opens eyes to truths. Every hungry child is my child. Every worker who wants dignity of job is my neighbor. Every senior citizen is my parent. Attack on anyone is an attack on all of us. If that’s true, then why don’t Democrats do a damn thing about Muslims killing gays around the world? So tired of them ignoring this. She quotes Ghandi. Something about history. Says movement powered by love can never be stopped. Nominates Bernie Sanders for President of the United States. All the Sanders people go nuts cheering.
20. Union Member Paul Feeney comes out next. He is easily 500 pounds. Says that we are all brothers and sisters. Listen to how the union people all use that terminology. They always call each other brothers and sisters, like how they use the word “comrades” on the tee-vee show The Americans. Says the revolution needs the brothers and sisters to stay together. People powered politics. Movements are made of a series of moments — my brothers and sisters — we stand on the verge of nominating our glorious socialist candidate. Bernie signs filled this hall — my brothers and sisters — and we should be proud to share this moment together and have a movement together. It’s all very similar to Russian-wording. But, I don’t get how the unions want to allow all the cheap foreign labor to flood in and take jobs away from union members. How do they square that circle?
21. Shyla Nelson from Vermont. Says she feels burned. Wanted to take country back from millionaires and billionaires. End Citizen’s United. Wants $15 minimum wage and debt-free college. Breaking up big banks (like the one whose convention center they are standing in). CLIMATE JUSTICE. Man who launched revolution was Bernie Sanders. It’s really funny they don’t realize he was in on the primary rigging from the beginning. He always knew he was just a character for Hillary to run against to make her look more electable/normal. All of these people are fools, but Shyla says she is proud of herself. She says that people demanded change. She is proud of Bernie. His revolution continues. They really like the word REVOLUTION and cheer loudly for that. Says they will never stop working for future they believe in. Never stop fighting for change they need. Listen to how it’s all platitudes. Very generic. Never forget the man who leads us. Leads them where? Over a cliff? She seconds the nomination of Bernie Sanders, her friend and hero.
22. Fudge has to tell the Sanders people to be quiet so they can continue. They were cheering for a good 5 minutes.
23. Barbara Mikulski from Maryland comes to nominate Hillary. Fun fact: in 2000, Bill Clinton wanted Mikulski to run as Al Gore’s VP, but Gore chose Leiberman. To my knowledge, Mikulski is the last surviving Munchin from Munchkinland in Wizard of Oz. Says she is nominating Hillary Clinton to be the first woman president. Shouting into microphone. Says that Hillary will break barriers and you can count on her. Says Hillary will fight for day to day needs, will fight for better macaroni and cheese for people (what?). Says kids will have really good future. Equal pay for equal work (they always say this, but if this is true then why don’t Democrats ever fix it). Hillary will light you up and light up the light in you. She is doody driven and a leader. She has eyes and sees the barriers ahead. She nominates Hillary for president.
24. John Lewis comes out next to second the nomination. He’s who Democrats always drag out to accuse people of racism. He has a voice that sounds like Little Richard. White people love when he starts singing in the middle of speaking, because it feels like they are in a black church and white people love that. John Lewis says everyone is going to shatter the glass ceiling up in here again, in Am-ur-ika. Says Hillary is most qualified candidate to ever run for president. Says she is leader in the wind breaking down the dividers. She is smart, so smart, could have done anything with her life but she didn’t want to do just anything she wanted to do good. His voice rises and falls and he makes noises like he is taking through puppets that only he can see. He goes through a list of injustices and claims racism is all over the place, people not getting paid, etc…but who the hell is in the White House? If this stuff keeps happening and Democrats are already in office, then what is the point? If none of this ever changes and it’s always the same thing, then why vote Democrat since they never change it?
25. Nails Amaru from New York. Says she was born on a dirt floor somewhere, she doesn’t know where. She was an immigrant who was raised by two women somewhere. See what they did? Woman = Mikulski. Black = John Lewis. Gay connection and Latina = Amaru. They always plan it out like this. Not just three people speaking. But, they have to check off the boxes. As many boxes as possible. Lots of violent imagery. Broken glass. Destroy. Breaking. Has lived all over the place, says she knows what connects us. Telling people to text Hillary on the phone (why?). She says she was born into poverty but is now nominating Hillary for prez. Immigrant. Combat Veteran. Latina. Child of lesbians. See what they did there? They are really into this. As many boxes as possible.
26. Rollcall vote of the states. I usually really enjoy this…but it takes hours. Wonder if this will go peaceful or if Sanders folks will go nuts. Stephanie Rowlings Blake (Mayor of Baltimore, I think) conducts Roll Call. She looks just like Kerri Washington from Scandal.
Alabama (60) = says they are the state of champions. Comes as news to other states.
Alaska (20) = claims they are on the front lines of climate change because the ocean is rising and they are drowning. Woman stutters and stammers through her speech. Says Alaska recently discovered it is an Arctic nation and is proud of that.
American Samoa (11) = speaks gibberish for a while. Says they have clean air there and the sun sets there.
Arizona = says they are the state of Cesar Chavez and some lady who is really old, over 100 years old.
Whenever the states are called out, it’s like Oprah shouting “YOU GET A CAR!”
Arkansas = So far, they let the black and other minorities stand next to the white person talking, but the white person always talks every time. Why is that? Shouting into microphone, says names of his granddaughters like it is the Oscars speeches.
California = Jerry Brown talking, with Nancy Pelosi next to him. Pelosi looks like she has dementia and doesn’t know where she is or why people are cheering.
Colorado = Mad Hatter is there for announcement.
Connecticut = the constipation state. Had a walk out and a sit in. Home of pizza an hamburger. Boy this woman has a weird voice. Sounds like bad actress in SNL skit. Says Connecticut loves Obamacare. Can’t get enough.
Delaware = Home of Joe Biden. Are they proud of that? For reals? Says that Joe Biden is beloved VP. Really?
Democrats Abroad = 8.7 million Americans outside the US. But, how are they abroad if they are here in Philly for convention? Larry Sanders casts the final vote. He’s not the guy that Gary Shandling played on tee-vee, but Bernie’s brother. He talks like he has marbles in his mouth. He’s crying while talking. I guess he is proud of his brother, but his brother didn’t win anything so what’s to be proud of?
District of Columbia = first black person allowed to speak. Says DC will be 51st state. She doesn’t seem to understand how the Constitution set up the government. DC is supposed to be federal capital, not part of any state.
Florida = White woman speaking, while black people have to stand next to her smiling.
Georgia = Old fat white man talking, surrounded by black people not allowed to speak. Talks about Dr. King and John Lewis. And Jimmy Carter and Rosalyn Carter. Says that Georgia is a battleground going blue.
Guam = white woman gets to speak; little Asian people surrounding her get to smile. Says they want self determination and self governance.
Hawaii = white man speaks, surrounded by Asians. Birthplace of Obama. Says they have 100% clean energy. Claims Bernie Sanders has revolution that will continue.
Idaho = He da hoe.
Illinois = Mike Madigan talking. His daughter is our Attorney General. The woman with white hair is Hillary Clinton’s best friend since childhood, Betsy Ebeling. Let me tell you: I got to meet Betsy many times during 2008, she is one of the most WONDERFUL people alive. She is an amazing and kind woman. It is WONDERFUL that Betsy got to do this for Hillary. Imagine being able to do this for your best friend for 60 years. Whatever you say about Hillary, her friends are wonderful here in Illinois. Some truly terrific people. And she has been friends with them since childhood.
Indiana = they have a black man shouting about Obama being first black president. Does an Apprentice skit, saying Donald Trump and Mike Pence should be fired. They talk for a long time.
Iowa = says there was a woman who passed the bar in Iowa once. Then some union guy gets on and shouts. Blonde woman then shouts about Iowa being where it all started. When are we going to stop allowing Iowa to always be first?
Kansas = Black woman saying Kansas is the birthplace of Stanley Ann Durham, mother of Obama. Says they have courageous third graders there and have jayhawks and shockers and wildcats. Then old guy drones on names of various elected people.
Kentucky = bourbon, whiskey, Muhammad Ali.
Louisiana = says stop talking about Katrina already. Melting pot of cultures. Love rap and mardi gras.
Maine = says they have forests, lobsters, LL Bean, and Stephen King, Maine not voted Republican in 30 years. Something is wrong with me because I think this guy is kind of nerdy cute. I like nerdy cute guys and/or lumberjacks. I can’t explain it. Don’t make me choose.
Maryland = they let black man speak there. Home of Naval academy. Other things. Crabs. Barbara Mikulski.
Massachusetts = some guy who talks funny. Says first state for gay marriage. Talks about Kennedys. I don’t see any Kennedys there tonight though. Where’s Sour Caroline?
Michigan = Great Lakes state. They used to make things there.
Minnesota = state of Prince’s purple rain. State of Walter Mondale, first person to lose 49 states.
Mississippi =Blues, BB King, Elvis Presley.
Missouri = This is rich. Claire McCaskill, who stabbed Hillary in the back in 2008, is speaking for Missouri.
Montana = Looks like Santa and Mrs. Claus. Says they will send first Native American to Congress.
Nebraska = they do this weird thing where they split the electoral vote, part of state votes one way and part the other. Called her “The Honest Hillary Clinton.”
Nevada = silver state. A spirit as wild and free as their mustaches. Says the capital is now Carson City.
New Hampshire = has town called Unity where they make people endorse their opponents when they lose. This man was nervous and shouting.
New Jersey = that little goblin Bob Melendez is there. Says it is the only state with two senators. That makes no sense. Maybe I missed something. Says he wants state to start revolution. He’s really having trouble reading.
New Mexico = has lap dances, entrepreneurs come join them. First Native American party chair. Says they have red and green chili there. Rio Grande used to be big river. Breaking Bad the show is about New Mexico.
New York = Andrew Cuomo shouts. Proud supporter of both organized crime and Puerto Rico. Charles Rangle. Says home of Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton. Which is true I guess, but they have several home states depending on what day it is.
North Carolina = tar heels and BBQ. The Transgender Bathroom War State.
North Dakota = something about beautiful tribal nations. Said the lily white blonde girl.
Ohio = my home state. Have a lawyer who worked on gay marriage case.
Oklahoma = old white woman says she is the Grand Matriarch of the Cherokee Nation. Then the had black man who sounds just like Morgan Freeman.
Oregon = from some river to some other river, four million people live there. Animals and trees there too.
Pennsylvania = Teen Wolf, the governor of commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Puerto Rico = shouting in Spanish, something about Ricky Martin
Rhode Island = home of people who you’ve never heard of. They have CVS drug stores there. Other stuff.
South Carolina = palmetto state, lots of slaves were there. Why do they always have to go on about slaves? Aren’t there other things to talk about?
South Dakota = Mount Rushmore and George McGovern. Affirmative Action was designed there or something.
Tennessee = No mention of Al Gore.
Texas =LBJ, Barbara Jordan, Ann Richards, and the Castro Brothers.
Utah = beehive state. Has five parks. It snows there. People volunteer for stuff.
Vermont = PASSED
Virgin Islands = America’s Caribbean, home of Alexander Hamilton
Virginia = sucked on helium balloon before talking. Squeaky voice like a mouse. Says Time Kaine is from there. Who? Oh, yah. That guy chosen for VP.
Washington = has Muslim woman prominently out front.
Clinton is already technically nominee at this point…has the numbers already.
West Virginia = almost heaven, practically hell.
Wisconsin = Tammy Baldwin. Badger state. Cheese. Was a Hillary surrogate during 2008.
Wyoming = wearing black lives matter shirts.
Vermont = disheveled woman who looks like unabomber. Is that his wife? I’ve never seen his wife, so could be. Rambling about Joe McCarthy.
Sanders then takes the microphone. Moves all votes cast be reflected and Hillary Clinton be selected as nominee at 554pm CST on 7/26/16.
Weird: Hillary refused to appear to accept nomination. Says she will give speech on Thursday.
27. Terry McAullauffe speaks = says we have the first woman nominee in history. Hillary used to play mermaid in his pool (he really said this). Called his son Jack on the phone once. Says Trump needs to go back to bankrupt casinos. Claims Virginia has ended homelessness and discrimination. Really? Says he wants felons to vote because history tells us that felons will vote Democrat, so let them vote. More work to be done destroying Virginia. Need president to tackle the Global Warming that they claim is happening.
28. VIDEO about women in Congress. More of this “don’t turn back the clock” stuff they say. Who wants to turn back the clock? What clock? How do you even do that?
29. Nancy Pelosi and women from the House: have not heard her speak in years. She slurs her words now, like she has either been drinking or she has early stage dementia. Supposedly all the Dem women in the House are up there. Ugh. Jan Schakowsky is up there too, speaking. She’s one of the worst people to ever be in Congress. Nancy Pelosi stood behind the person speaking and would read the Teleprompter too…mouthing the words behind them. It was weird. Makes me think her mind is really going. I think the first mention of ISIS at the Democrat Convention came at 620pm CST by some woman in green running for Congress from Florida. She mentioned ISIS needing to be defeated. This was supposed to be women only on the stage, but it looks like some drag queens snuck in there.
30. Ugh. Jimmy Carter’s grandson. He was introduced to the tune of the Designing Women theme song. Says Jimmy Carter is still alive. He wants Hillary to be president. He’s not dead yet so stop saying he is. Then Jimmy Carter appears via video. He says nothing interesting or relevant.
31. Chuck Schemer from New York. I find this man so repugnant. He comes off as such a slime ball. I also think he reminds me of Granpa Munster. He’s very sedate tonight. Just saying lots of general things: Hillary is a fighter, he knows her from NY and from the Senate. They really hate Citizens United and want that overturned. They want Open Borders/No Borders. Anyone who will vote Democrat needs to come in.
32. Look at all the things that the Media is not showing from Philly.
33. They’re doing more of those Daily Show comedy style bits that fall flat. I don’t think they know that they are not funny.
34. Actress Elizabeth Banks is on. She’s not funny either. I really like her usually but might have to rethink that now. She seems like she’s drunk. Says she was on date when they went to hear Bill Clinton speak and saw a spider. Hillary worked in a law firm once, fought for children. Has never let up. Then they show a video. I don’t think these videos showing Hillary through the years are smart: she was a lot better years ago, sharper, more on point. Man who is social worker then comes out and talks about Hillary fighting for kids. Hillary went undercover to bust segregation for the Children’s Defense Fund. A lot of this is in It Takes A Village. This is really nice segment with real people talking about what Hillary did many years ago in Arkansas to help kids. Hillary really did all of these things. This was something great she was all about years ago. She lost her way from this stuff. She should have stuck to this.
35. Donna Brazile is up at 651pm CST. Howard Dean and Donna Brazile made sure that Hillary Clinton lost the nomination in 2008. Now here she is, trying to get herself off the enemy’s list. Talking about Hillary’s accomplishments with children through the years. Increasing healthcare for children. Working with getting children rights. Donna Brazile starts screaming and shouting at one point. Announces she is the incoming chair of the DNC. Promises to make it a party that people can be proud of.
36. 656pm CST, video about some school in New York that tried to stop gangs. David Banks, Eagle Academy in New York. Says NY’s prison population came from just 7 neighborhoods. Odds stacked against kids. Educating young men to keep out of gangs. Says Hillary was with them from the very beginning. Earliest champion. Addressing crisis facing young men of color. Says Hillary came to their graduation ceremony. They say the Invictus prayer every day to inspire them.
37. More dead air. Just Elizabeth Banks standing there. Killing time. Now talking about Justice System letting people down. Social Justice will be Hillary’s next fight. Another video: about systemic racism supposedly plaguing our country.
38. 706pm CST: Eric Holder is up now. One of our worst and most racist Attorney Generals in history. Allowed the Black Panthers to run wild. Allowed IRS to target Tea Party groups. Was wildly partisan and discriminatory as AG. A shameful, shameful man. He claims that voter ID is like a poll tax. In reality, Democrats just don’t want people to have to show ID because that prevents voter fraud. Wants people turning 18 to be automatically registered to vote. Democrats are not really interested in people having the right to vote but more so that Democrats can get as many votes as possible, whether they are legitimate or not.
39. Pittsburgh Police Chief speaks. Gets no applause. Talks about erosion of public trust in police. Dr. King said true peace is not the absence of tension but the presence of justice. Says that communities are safer than ever before but people do not trust police any more. Ferguson created tension, while at same time there is work going on to improve relationships that people don’t see. Pittsburgh working to reduce violence. This guy is such a low-energy speaker. I know that conservatives like to say that the police are always right, but I have to say that Megan Fox and I were harassed for two years by the police in Orland Park to chase us off our investigation into corruption there. Police are not always good and not always right. The erosion of trust in the police began with the police. The solution to the problem is the police admitting they are wrong sometimes and getting rid of bad cops from their own ranks.
40. While Holder and Pittsburgh police guy talked, outside the Media was ignoring big Black Lives Matter protest.
41. Tony Goldwyn from Scandal is talking. He is a man who plays a President on the tee-vee. This starts the big SOCIAL JUSTICE section of the convention. Video plays with “Mothers of the Movement.”
42. Mothers of people killed by police speak, wearing big red glitter flowers. Republicans need to see that there indeed are bad cops out there. The problem is that good cops stay quiet. There are police who trample civil rights for the fun of it. They do it for the power. Police need to respect the Constitution and civil rights. And when a bad cop does something that violates the law and civil rights, that cop should be held accountable. Not protected by Code of Silence and covered up.
43. Moms saying that Hillary Clinton not afraid to say that Black Lives Matter. Not afraid to say that the police need to respect the law and civil rights. Most police are good people doing a good job. It’s just the few bad apples out there who need to be dealt with. But other cops look the other way and protect the bad ones.
44. Then they had a singer who must be famous but I have no idea who this is. Gorgeous, gorgeous voice though.
45. Elizabeth Banks again. Says women do not get equal pay. Complains that women are not allowed to drink alcohol in Ikea and then have to apologize. That was a joke that went flat.
46. One of the most evil people on the planet, Cecile Richards from Planned Parenthood. These monsters abort black babies most of all. Go watch Hillary’s America. There is a big section in there on Margaret Sanger wanting to eliminate black people by way of abortion. Planned Parenthood doesn’t have the best interests of women in mind. They want babies to be killed so that the body parts can be sold for profits. Planned Parenthood offices are in black areas, targeting black people for eradication, and Planned Parenthood sells the body parts. They are ghouls and racists.
47. Lena Dunham and America Ferrara. America was one of Hillary’s best surrogates in 2008. She is a very nice person. I met her several times in 2008. I have nothing nice to say about Lena Dunham though, because she is a grotesque pig. Dunham admitted to molesting her sister. Yet, she’s speaking here at the DNC in Philly. Would any male who admitted molesting a child be invited to speak? Besides Roman Polanski and Woody Allen, that is.
48. Steve Benjamin, Mayor of Columbia South Carolina. He’s very low energy. Says he introduced his daughters to Hillary and told her that she would be president. Then he says he loves his daughters. What was the point of that?
49. Barbara Boxer from California comes out to heavy metal music. Why? She’s dressed like she thinks she is at the Oscars. Talks about being family with Hillary; some relative of hers is married to some relative of Hillary’s. Boxer is just recycling a lot of what was said before: $15/hour minimum wage, abortions for everyone, etc.
50. Grace from Will & Grace is on now. She introduces video about 9/11. Saudi Arabia was behind 9/11. Hillary Clinton has a Saudi agent working for her in Huma. Hillary will never tell the truth about what the Saudis did in the lead up to 9/11. We really need a government that would be honest about the Saudis. A cop from 9/11 speaks for Hillary as Senator and a woman who worked at Cantor Fitzgerald and survived also speaks for her character. For those who don’t know, Cantor Fitzgerald was the company that was DEVASTATED because most of its employees were killed on 9/11. Then some Congressman from New York talks about 9/11. Here’s the thing: Hillary does a great job on the one on one level and in following up with people. She really does have a big heart and cares and has a great memory. But this is after the fact stuff: she was not in a command center for 9/11…she was a Senator helping her constituents after the fact. She deserves BIG PRAISE for helping them, because most Senators do not help anyone. She didn’t have to do anything, but she did. She really did fight for those people in New York.
51. Elizabeth Banks, acting like an awards-show host, now introduces the Hillarycare section of the evening. Video plays about Hillary’s work with healthcare.
52. Some other actress comes on. Said she wanted to be like The Jeffersons and not Good Times. Then a man talks about how Hillary remembers things years later. Makes you feel like she cares and remembers you. She really does do that.
53. Ugh. Howard Dean. Man who, along with Donna Brazile, kept Hillary from being nominee in 2008. I hate that he is still handsome. He looks the same as he did in 2004. I don’t think anyone remembers who he was, but he ran for president against John Kerry and he self-destructed by making a weird scream after the Iowa caucus. It was a complete nuclear meltdown. Kerry then went on to win the election. In 2008, Howard Dean and Donna Brazile both wanted Obama to run and really cut Hillary off at the knees to push Obama. I think he is here trying to get off the enemy’s list. Howard Dean said ISIS at 837pm CST. That I think is only the second time that the word ISIS was said at the Democrat convention. OMG…he does the DEAN SCREAM SPEECH!!!!!!!! But he left off the YEARGGGGGH!!!! at the end. He has a sense of humor. Curse you for being so sexy, you sexy and horrible man you.
54. Elizabeth Banks is back hosting again. Talking about Hillary being Secretary of State. Introduces a video. This video is all garbage. Trying to pretend that Hillary had accomplishments as Secretary of State. But she didn’t. Foreign policy during Obama Regime was unmitigated disaster. No way to polish that up.
55. Amy Klobuchar from Minnesota. Shouts into microphone. Talks about some man who raped someone. Then says that Hillary talked in China about women needing to be protected from human trafficking. Said that was really brave. But was it? ISIS selling girls for $65. No mention at all about Muslims killing gays. Hillary never did a thing to stop that. No Democrat ever will. Klobuchar just screams and shouts with a monotone. Not a good public speaker. They bring out a woman who was kept as a domestic slave in Beverly Hills. Was brought her to be a slave for rich Democrats. This is all really depressing. Is it necessary? Do you trust Democrats to stop any of this?
56. Madeleine Albright comes out to Billy Joel music. Still wearing those American eagle pins she loves to wear. Talked about going to Prague with Hillary, meeting Vaclav Havel. She shouts into the microphone. Weird remark: she said Trump damaged country by running for president. Offended Muslims. Encouraging countries to get nukes. (really? when did that happen?) Says that Trump loves dictators. Wow, Albright accused Putin of hacking DNC emails to help Trump. WOW. She did that. She’s going to catch a lot of hell over that.
57. Bill Clinton video plays now. Talks about what world was like in the 1990s with the Clintons in the White House.
58. Bill Clinton comes out. Talks about meeting Hillary. Saw her, kind of stalked her, wanted to meet her. In library, she asked him not to keep staring. She introduced herself. “I’m Hillary Rodham, who are you?” He went with her to register for classes. But he had already registered. Then they went to the art museum and were laughing. They were crying together this morning. Some guy had died. Drove her to Park Ridge Illinois and met her family. Talks about Hillary doing various volunteer jobs, going to Alaska to fly fish, working with Marian Wright Edelman, working in child resources center. Determined back then to make things better. Public service by private citizens. Went to work at exposing segregated schools. Her undercover work gave Marian Wright Edelman what she needed to force Nixon to take away tax credits. Went to Texas to register Mexicans to vote. Last year in law school, went to South Carolina to see why so many black boys were going to men’s prisons. Working with these various programs. Bill trying to get her to marry him. Proposed on trip to Great Britain and she said no. Went home in 1974 and Hillary went to Massachusetts. Kept working on children’s issues, why children in census not in school. Filed report and it influenced Congress to look at children with disabilities having access to education. Bill eventually got her to move to Arkansas to be with him. It was culture shock. Got married in 1975. Bought little house. She chose him, rejected his advice to pursue her own career. Moved to Little Rock. Arkansas Advocates for Family and Children. 1979 rural health committee. Trained nurse practitioners for places with no doctors. Talked about Chelsea and Hillary being a mom. Then Bill went year by year through both of their careers, in exhausting detail. The speech is on YouTube if you want to listen to it. Frankly, I’ve heard a lot of these stories before through the years. Bill tells them at fundraisers. He likes telling these stories. 1988, 1990, 1992…up to 1997 at 938pm CST. Talking about Chelsea and Hillary being a mom. Bill talks about Michelle Obama being good mom. Flash forward to 1999….he skipped over Monica and the impeachment. Jumped over to Chelsea in college and Hillary running for Senate, Hillary in Senate. Bill says that people just made up a cartoon about Hillary and that’s not the real her. People nominated the real woman for President, not the cartoon. Bill just said that he wants Muslims in America. No mention of ISIS. Bills’s speech then just kind of ends and he walks off stage and leaves.
59. Elizabeth Banks makes this feel like a pledge drive. Keeps coming out and telling people to pledge or send money to campaign. Then says that celebrities and singers are coming up next. Just like PBS pledge drive.
60. Are these celebrities now? Who are these people? They act like this is a big deal they made this. But regular people don’t care about this stuff. It’s jus dumb.
61. Why is Meryl Streep here? She shouts out long list of names of women: Deborah Sampson, Eleanore Roosevelt, Betty Boop, Harriet Tubman, Little Orphan Annie, STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE! Then she plays another video. Because Americans need multi-millionaires in Hollywood to tell us what to think and what to do.
I should know who this singer is. Alisha Keyes? I think that’s who it is. She’s singing “Superwoman.”
Then they did this weird thing where they showed pictures of all the presidents so far, and at the end Hillary broke through glass…and then stared at the crowd for a while like a giant, before speaking. She was dressed in weird red costume that reminded me of Mao. Then, the camera pulled back and there were all these people with her, which looked like she was holding them all hostage. SO WEIRD!
— That’s a wrap for tonight! See you back here at 330pm CST tomorrow for Day Three of the convention! —
Did you enjoy this coverage? If so, here are a few things you can do to help return the favor:
Megan Fox and I wrote a book called SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It is currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, because the book is an expose of the American Library Association and the sex crimes and other illegal activity that the ALA (a George Soros funded lobbying group) helps cover up in public libraries across the country. The ALA — surprise! surprise! — is working hard to keep our book out of public libraries around the country. ALA members have organized fake negative reviews that they post to try to suppress our book and discourage people from reading it…and ALA members who are library directors refuse to stock our book on library shelves, despite the book being the only book ever written that is critical of the American Library Association and the things it does to transform communities. Megan and I spent three years working on this book, researching it, and cleaning up public libraries around Chicago that we caught covering up sex crimes and even child pornography access, in keeping with the ALA’s instructions to hide such crimes from the public. We need your help getting around the ALA’s ban of our book. Here are some things you can do to help:
A. Read our book and leave an HONEST review of it on Amazon. I ask that you read the book first and then give your honest opinion. Even if you don’t like it (but I hope you like it). Megan and I worked hard to write a political book that was not like a typical political book. SHUT UP! reads like a mystery. We take you through our investigation, show you how we figured it all out, and bring you along with us in real time as we stand up to the police and other public officials who came after us and tried to scare us away and silence us so that the secrets we uncovered would stay hidden. We had the task of teaching lessons on the Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act and First Amendment Right to Petition in a way that was interesting and applicable to every day life…and I hope we succeeded in making it all interesting, much more so than standard political books. If you have enjoyed the writing on this site through the years, I ask that you read the first book that Megan and I have put out together (in what I hope will be a series of these real time political mysteries).
B. Ask your local library to carry our book. Every library has a process for requesting that the library purchase a book for its collection. Our book is being carried so far by a half a dozen libraries in Illinois, where it is shelved in the First Amendment section. We would like to see libraries around the country carry the book so that as many people as possible can know what the ALA is doing to communities by teaching librarians to cover up crimes (the way we caught librarians in Orland Park, Illinois doing near Chicago). At most libraries, you can email the Library Director and Board and ask them to carry our book or you can fill out a form on the library’s website and ask them to carry the book that way. One of the great joys in life right now is when someone sends us a photo of our book on a shelf somewhere. It’s such an amazing feeling to have not only survived what the Orland Park Police did to us to try to shut us up but to also know that every horrible thing they did is documented in this book and it is all being read across the country. Your help in getting it into more libraries would be so appreciated.
C. Let people in your social circles know about the book and why it’s an interesting read. The book is full of fun stories, humor, mystery, and adventure…as well as useful information about the First Amendment, SLAPP lawsuits against public participation, and the outrageous scandals that anyone can uncover just by using Freedom of Information Act requests to examine what public employees are doing at the local level. Megan and I pulled no punches and we got very personal in the book. We tell a lot of stories about our lives, talk about politics, and reflect on what’s been happening to our country in recent years. If you’ve been a reader of this site or have enjoyed Megan’s or my writing elsewhere through the years, now’s your chance to spend some quality time with 666-pages chock full of us! That’s either a good thing or a nightmare come true, but I can’t imagine even people who hate us not thinking the book is funny. In fact, someone who is in the book and who was a villain during the whole Orland Park scandal admitted to a mutual friend that she thought the book is funny and she laughed out loud. This woman hates us because we made her look stupid for the stupid and awful things she did to us…but she was surprised how positive and cheerful our writing is…and how funny we were. In my opinion, I know a book is worth reading if even someone who hates me and would murder me if given the chance thought it was worthwhile reading. That’s like getting 5-stars where I come from.
Megan and I sunk everything we had into this project and it would be nice to break even at some point. We’ve had zero marketing budget, so we depend on word of mouth and people who enjoy our writing to read the book and ask their local libraries to carry it. You would be helping us immensely not only with this book but with helping us get the other books in the series written and published as well. We’ve got a backlog of several years’ worth of other cases that we intend to publish as these real time political mysteries in the Chicago suburbs. Your help in spreading the word about this first book, SHUT UP!, will help us put out our next book sooner rather than later!
Here’s a taste of what’s in SHUT UP! and why the book is so important to read:
[Click above to embiggen: Democrats don’t want a southern border wall that would keep out terrorists, drugs, and criminals…but the Democrat elite must have a giant wall to keep themselves separated from rabble at their own convention.]
For complete notes on the live stream of Day One of the Convention, click here. What follows are 5 takeaway observations from the night, reflecting back on it the next morning while waiting for Round Two to begin.
1. Democrats had a giant blue wall around the stage, made from metal barricades that were wrapped in material leftover from Michelle Obama’s convention dress (which was, admittedly, lovely on her). The irony/hypocrisy of this is almost as glaring as Paul Ryan’s own border wall around his mansion in Janesville, Wisconsin. Why do the politicians who refuse to build a wall on the US southern border to keep terrorists, drugs, and criminals out of our country all build walls to separate themselves from undesirables (however they define them)? The Democrat Party elite didn’t want the stinky, sweaty rabble in the Wells Fargo Bank convention center getting too close to their august personages…so a mighty wall was erected to maintain order and respect the rules of the convention and assure the safety of the privileged speakers. Paul Ryan built a big wall around his massive mansion, saying he wanted to keep his kids and dogs and family safe from whoever is on the other side of the wall. Everyone seems to agree that walls are great things…but America is not allowed to have a wall because America is not allowed to be a sovereign nation and must become something more like a bus station or waiting room for the UN. What madness is that?
2. Michelle Obama was lovely and showed that she’s made great progress in the role of First Lady…and then she ruined it for herself. Giving a speech at Hillary Clinton’s nominating convention would — I imagine — be one of the worst nights of Michelle Obama’s life. The Obamas and the Clintons hate each other, but will always need each other. The rumor is that Michelle has political aspirations of her own and wants to become a US Senator here in Illinois someday, when Dick Durbin retires. She will need the Clintons and whatever influence they have left in the future to make that happen and raise money for her. The Obamas also don’t want to be blamed for doing anything that could be seen retroactively as contributing to Hillary losing in November. So, Michelle had to come out and give a nice speech for Hillary…but the speech she gave is not the one she should have given. Michelle seems to be doing a much better job of hiding her true self and covering up her natural nastiness. The real Michelle will always be the one who hates America, is bitter and resentful (though she can never articulate why), and who feels entitled. Eight years of wagyu beef and lobster and living in a big mansion full of white servants has not softened Michelle in any way. Perhaps it’s even made her innate nastiness worse. At the start of her speech, she hid all of that though. She smiled…and be fair to her and admit she has a lovely smile. She wore normal, human clothes instead of some bizarre Halloween costume. The wig she chose for the night was stylish and fun, without being strange in any way. Her makeup was clearly applied by females who knew what they were doing, instead of by amateur drag queens experimenting for the first time. She started out by giving a nostalgic talk about her girls adjusting to life in the White House and then skipping ahead to eight years later and where the family is now. That was all very nice. She nearly choked when she had to call Hillary Clinton her friend, because nobody believes that is true. So why say it? I would have gone a totally different way if I was her. What if Michelle had done a speech where she talked about what a pain in the ass Hillary was to the Obamas in 2008 and how it was so hard to beat her back then? Michelle could have talked about that Obama/Clinton war for the nomination and how Hillary and her supporters hung in there until the very end, with Hillary winning more votes in the primary race than Obama did. Michelle could have said that going up against Hillary was tougher than either of the general elections for the Obamas (which is true, as neither McCain nor Romney put up the kind of fight that Hillary did in the 2008 primaries). All of that would have reminded people of a different Hillary, a better Hillary…the one that existed 8 years ago that even Republicans begrudgingly came to respect. Michelle could have said something like, “I don’t know about you, but I am going to pop myself some organic heirloom popcorn and watch the fireworks when Hillary and Trump go at each other. I am going to cheer and laugh and take in the fight of the century. I am just glad that my husband and I don’t have anything to do with any of this.” It could have been a funny speech, acknowledging various elephants in the room. I think she could have done a lot to maybe channel he Sanders cult’s rage/disappointment into party unity. But, maybe that wasn’t her goal. I’m not sure what her goal was, because her speech was so disjointed. One part nostalgic reminiscence. One part unbelievable yarn about being friends with Hillary. And then a finale involving weird, angry, jabs at Donald Trump. I don’t think First Ladies should do the brawling or punching at these conventions. Let other surrogates do that. First Ladies should come out and bring some warmth, humor, and personal stories. Whether they frown and grimace on the inside or not, on the outside the First Ladies should be smiling and pleasant…not angry. Michelle let her angry side come out, which very well may be her real side and actual permanent face…but I enjoyed being surprised by how nice and pleasant she was for a few moments. I wish she had done her whole speech with that mask on, because it was beautifully made and elegantly worn. No one needed to see the classless, angry, bitter Michelle that revealed itself at the end before she stomped off the stage like Dennis Rodman in heels.
3. Lots of shouting in Spanish. I don’t know what Democrats achieve with this, but they do a lot of it. They bring a lot of Spanish-speakers onto the stage to shout in Spanish into the microphone. I hate listening to Spanish. For America to work, we need to be a melting pot. People come here from all over the world and the first thing they need to do to assimilate is to leave their old languages behind. Clinging to Spanish and refusing to learn English helps no one. All it does is create parallel societies that divide us. Democrats clearly want those divisions to exist and deepen, which is why they don’t want immigrants to learn English and do everything they can to ensure that they never learn English. Spanish is the language of poverty. No Spanish-speaking country has its act together. Everywhere that Spanish is spoken, there is crushing poverty…and the people who live there want to leave and come here, where we speak English. There’s a direct correlation between speaking Spanish and being poor and dysfunctional. When Democrats have speakers who switch to Spanish for part of their speeches, it feels like they are saying something else to the Spanish crowd and sending a different message. It feels duplicitous. In addition to saying that they clearly do not want the Spanish-speakers to ever learn English, Democrats also communicate that they openly say one thing to this group and another thing to that other group, in a very two-faced and fork-tongued way. Every time they do this, it’s another reminder of why I will never vote for another Democrat for as long as I live.
4. The Bernie Cult has a reason to be upset. I really feel for the Bernie Sanders supporters. They must be in a living hell right now. Those of us who supported Hillary Clinton back in 2008 were on the receiving end of a lot of Alinsky attacks from the Obama people during the primaries 8 years ago. Things got nasty, and the DNC intervened and gave Obama the win. Hillary supporters felt screwed over and many of us left the party for good. Others, however, stayed and decided to play nice for 8 years until Hillary had another chance. While we suspected that the DNC rigged things for Obama, we never had the kind of hard proof that the Sanders people have in their hands today. The DNC Leaks emails are staggering. But, what they don’t show is something I suspect: in that Bernie Sanders was in on all of it from the beginning. Hillary Clinton very clearly wanted to run against someone who would make her look young in comparison…and who would make her look like the sane choice in the race. I believe that the Clintons and the DNC put Bernie Sanders up to running so that he would be her opponent, whom she would beat in a staged and choreographed race. She needed to run against someone…and that someone had to be a person who would make Hillary look like the obvious choice, so that she could finally receive the nomination she felt the DNC took away from her in 2008. Sanders is at the end of his life and the attention of running for president would be something he would relish…and if Hillary would win the presidency, no doubt Sanders would get some sort of appointment to make him happy for his last days. But then the unthinkable happened and Sanders caught on…and it all went to his head. Sanders will never admit to his cult that he was in on losing from the beginning and that he was always supposed to lose to Hillary. His cult truly believes that he had a shot to win, when this race was always as rigged as a carnival game. I actually felt bad watching the special Sanders snowflakes melting in the lights of the convention center, tears streaming down their faces. They were crushed…and crushed in a way that us Hillary 2008 supporters were not crushed. We were mad at the DNC for rigging things for Obama…but we realized at the end of the day that Hillary was just outsmarted and outmaneuvered. Our comfort was the belief that Hillary would wisely use the next 4 or 8 years to plot her comeback and make it impossible for her to be defeated ever again. Instead, Hillary betrayed the people who believed in her and hoped in her…and she engaged in all of the lying, games-playing, and foolishness of the last 8 years that caused so many of her loyalists to abandon her. All of this is so very tragic. The lies and deceit that the Clintons and the DNC continue to engage in are just too much. Politics does not have to be this way. The Democrat Party does not have to be run this way. Voters deserve better. America deserves better. We should not be a country where our political nominating system seems like something Eva Peron or others in banana republics would have devised. We are not supposed to operate like a South or Central American country. We are the United States, not Venezuela or Brazil or Argentina. It’s truly sickening how shameless everyone who holds power has become. And it’s sad that the Sanders cult, many of them very young and naive, got such a shockingly clear exposure to gross corruption at such young ages.
5. Booing! I couldn’t believe the amount of booing that went on last night. It felt like nonstop booing from beginning to end. They even booed during the prayers! I have never seen people more poorly behaved during a political convention. It shouldn’t come as any shock, but the Left really has taken over the party and it’s held control for so long that the Democrats’ internal culture has changed. There are no longer any grown-ups running things. There are no longer big burly guys who can keep the people in line so that they don’t boo and make a scene for the tee-vee cameras. There are no chiefs overseeing the Indians (which is ironic, because Elizabeth Warren was in the house, oh she of the high cheekbones and the famed Native American faux-ancestry). Saul Alinsky is looking up from some pit in Hell and grinning…because his “radicals” indeed took over the Democrat Party. The fact that the various state delegations either could not or would not stop the booing and control their members was telling. The DNC is really off the rails. It’s obvious for anyone who wants to see that. It will be interesting to see if they can get back on message with Day Two. Remember that one of the big advantages Democrats have always had is their discipline. Republicans are always like herding cats…but Democrats usually fall in line and listen to whatever the party tells them to do. Last night, Democrats were stunned and didn’t know how to deal with cat-herding. If this keeps up for the rest of the week and goes into the general election, Democrats are in real trouble. The Alinsky wing of the party will at that point be the entire party…and within it various Alinsky groups appear to want to out-Alinsky each other. There’s no way for anyone to stop that aside from just letting them all set their fires, tear and burn things to the ground, and then rebuild the party in the future. It’s all unchartered territory…and it couldn’t be happening to a more deserving group of people.
What do you think?
What: Day One of the Democrat National Convention in Philadelphia
When: Monday 7/25/16, beginning 3pm CST
Why: Watching this horror show so that you don’t have to and taking notes so you can read it later
Where: Live stream provided by CSPAN
1. Here we go again. Another week of convention live stream coverage. This time, I really dread watching this gavel to gavel for several reasons, but chiefly because I don’t have the stomach any longer to watch abortion being promoted as something positive. Back when I was still a Democrat prior to 2008, it always made me uncomfortable how Democrats celebrate the murdering of unborn children but it was something that was kept in the background and the party didn’t embrace as its central identifying facet. Since 2008, I feel that the abortionist ghouls are really the face of the party: women who delight and revel in the spilling of blood and sacrificing of lives of the unborn. I think these people are monsters and that it’s all proof that Democrats have been coopted by a special brand of evil. It’s almost druidic: a bunch of women gathering together in the dark somewhere late at night, murdering tiny children, then holding up the bodies to some faceless, nameless god-with-a-small-g that only they worship. It’s all so sick and ghoulish. There will also be shouting about social justice, grievance-mongering, and the telling of massive amounts of lies. Democrats will no doubt have lots of people speaking in Spanish, the language of poverty, because a big thing Democrats want to do is to keep immigrants from assimilating, learning English, and prospering. They want people to keep speaking Spanish and not join the melting pot and improve their lives. The Democrat Party is a party that’s all about keeping people poor so that they feel they have to vote Democrat. So Democrats put as many road blocks to success in front of people, including encouraging them to never learn English. It is going to be hard to sit through 4 long days of all this, But, because we are friends like this, I will do that for you.
3. Here’s today’s speakers lineup. How many will be shouting hateful things? How many will yell in Spanish? How many will promote the murdering of small unborn children? What other monstrous things will they say that the media will never accurately report on?
4. The fallout from the #DNCLeaks emails has been staggering. Gateway Pundit has a great rundown of what was found in the email dump. It shows collusion between the DNC and Clinton campaign to ensure that Bernie Sanders had no chance at becoming the nominee in a rigged primary season. It also offers more proof that reporters file stories with the DNC for approval before they make it into newspapers, which is something that everyone just assumed happened…but here there is proof. What will Bernie Sanders’ fans do with this information? Will they just quietly fall into line and do what the DNC says…or will the rebel or even riot in Philly? This is an interesting situation, because if these people really believe in what they claim they believe in, then I don’t know how they can sit quietly and allow the DNC to do what it does. Back in 2008, the DNC rigged things for Obama to win and for Hillary to lose. So all of us who supported Hillary in 2008 know what this feels like and how the DNC does what it wants and rigs the game to get the result it wants. In 2008, it wanted the charismatic black man to win. In 2016, it was Hillary’s turn. Voters be damned. But, this time instead of giving the Left what it wanted (the black man last time) the DNC took the nomination away from who the Left wanted (the octogenarian socialist). Will the Left just quietly allow that to happen without incident? DOUBTFUL.
5. If you’d like to read the recaps from the Republican Convention, they are here.
6. So…just got back from seeing Hillary’s America downtown in Chicago. I’m going to busy all day today watching the Democrat Convention coverage, but will write up a review of the movie later when I can. I liked the movie a lot and thought it was well done. I learned new things from it too. There’s a large section in it on Ida B. Wells, the black Republican writer who covered politics in the late-1800s through her death (in Chicago!) in 1931. I need to research more about Wells and check out her Chicago connections. She seems like a fantastic person to learn more about: a black woman who wrote about political corruption and exposed Democrats for evil things they would do, especially to black people. The Hillary’s America movie touched on what was done to Dinesh D’Souza to punish him for exposing the Obama Regime; it deals with his time in a halfway house. There there’s a fun bit where he pretends to go into DNC headquarters, into a secret room, where the secret history of the party is exposed. He deals with Andrew Jackson being a slave owner and Indian-killer; Woodrow Wilson’s racism; FDR’s and LBJ’s use of blacks when politically convenient. And then later D’Souza pretends to go into Hillary’s campaign headquarters, down into the basement, to go through her secrets too. I learned some new things about Saul Alinsky and what a horrible monster he was as well. The man was repugnant. One anecdote I never knew until today was how he would steal food from restaurants. Back in the 1920s or so, luncheonettes were everywhere: cafeteria-style restaurants. You would get a ticket for what you ordered and then would pay at the register. Alinksy figured out that since the same company owned luncheonettes around town, he could go into one and order a 5-cent coffee and then hide the ticket for 5-cents in his pocket. He would then go to the cashier and say he lost the ticket but only had coffee…and would pay 5-cents. But then he would leave and go to another luncheonette and order the most expensive food he could get…and when it would be time to pay he would tae out the 5-cent ticket he got from the first restaurant, and then would only pay 5-cents for a giant meal of steak and whatever else he ate. It was disgusting that this little pig would do this. And he had other people do it too! This is what this pig called being a “radical.” It was stomach-turning. It really sums up who this man was. More about my thoughts on the movie throughout the day. It’s definitely worth seeing. You will learn new things for sure.
7. Watching the Democrat convention now in Philadelphia. They just showed the opening video and now they have Boyz II Men singing, which seems like it would be the opening act of a NAMBLA convention, but whatever. You can watch on YouTube or on CSPAN.
8. Who’s watching this thing on television? I really wonder about that. I don’t know what the ratings were for the Republican Convention, but I bet more Republicans still pay for tee-vee than Democrats. I would imagine that most Democrats are watching on YouTube or streaming. It’s funny to see all the big-name entertainers at the Democrat events. That’s a big different between the parties: Democrats get all the celebrities. Republicans only have cover bands or people I’ve never heard of from country music singing. I think that if performers play Republican events then they get punished and it impacts their careers. Democrats are vicious like that.
9. Something good from Hillary’s America: D’Souza said to start seeing the Civil War in terms of Republicans (Union) vs. Democrats (Confederacy). No Republicans were slave-owners. Democrats were the slave-owners. And Democrats after the war fought to keep blacks from voting, holding office, owning property, etc. Republicans were the party of Lincoln and the Civil War can be seen as a war between the Republican and Democrat parties. Democrats were the party of Jackson and John C. Calhoun and the Ku Klux Klan (which was the military arm of the Democrat Party). All of this is true but the media works hard to hide it.
10. I see a lot of fat, rich, white people at this convention. The big difference is that I see less people wearing red, white, and blue or anything else patriotic. Most people are just wearing normal clothes…but in size XXL. So, after watching the Republican convention, the same kind of gray-haired, older, corpulent people dominate both conventions. Those are the ones who have the time and money to come to something like this for a week. I see a lot of empty seats too. More than I saw at the Republican Convention. The media won’t report on that though.
11. Credentials committee business is first, to seat the delegates. This is all the really boring sausage-making stuff that feels like it’s the year 1896. In my opinion, these conventions should be one or two days long…not four. I wonder how Bernie Sanders’ cultists feel about all this. The party totally screwed them over. Just like the DNC screwed over Hillary in 2008. Now, Sanders’ people got screwed over because it was Hillary’s turn. Sanders’ people should be furious about that. What the DNC did to Sanders was even worse than what was done to Hillary 8 years ago.
12. 341pm CST; Barney Frank and Latricia Vanderfute from the Rules Committee. Barney Frank is one of the most disgusting people to have ever been in politics. The media won’t talk about this, but when Frank was in Congress he used his residence as a den of male prostitution. He is repugnant. He also just called Nancy Pelosi one of the best things to ever happen to the country. He also says that Maxine Waters is great. These are the permanent officers of the Rules Committee. Sums up what sort of individuals run this party. D’Souza’s movie showcased this stuff, how in every period of history the absolute worst people in the country always seemed to be Democrats.
13. Marsha Fudge from Cleveland area. She is the permanent chair of the Convention. I believe she took over after Stephanie Tubbs Jones died in 2008 in the middle of that campaign (she died in July, not long after Hillary suspended her bid for the presidency that year). Tubbs Jones was my congresswoman from Cleveland. I think that Bernie Sanders people are shouting and booing. Some have signs that say NAY. Says we are in a time of hate speech and war and chaos. We are at crossroads of history and hope. Hillary Clinton was born for a time like this. Claims they are going to have a different kind of convention. Whenever she says TIM KAINE, there are loud boos. Fudge actually had to ask people to stop booing. 349pm CST she is completely overpowered and shouted down by BOOS. She has to shout and ask people to behave. I think that the shouting is BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE. No one is listening to Fudge, just booing her. She coughs and is visibly upset at how they are treating her. They are very disrespectful to her. Fudge says she is going to be respectful towards them and asks that they are respectful towards her. But they clearly hate her for some reason. Did she take the place of Debbie Wasserman Schwartz? Fudge just said we are all Democrats and now have to act like it. I would say that by booing and acting foolish they are all acting just like Democrats.
14. More weirdness. At 352pm CST, a bunch of Democrat big-wigs come out as Convention officials. They get booed and chanting happens as well. Not sure what is being chanted but Fudge is mad. Kevin O’Keefe is there. He’s one of Hillary’s longtime friends from Chicago. He is the guy with white hair who looks like Bernie Sanders but is not Bernie Sanders. Claire McCaskill’s name was said as being part of this group, whatever this group is, but she is clearly not there. That’s funny to me because McCaskill was one of the big betrayers of Hillary Clinton in 2008. She would fly around with Obama on his plane like she was his stewardess. But I think in 2013 she was one of the first to publicly back Hillary this time, I believe because she wanted to get off the Clinton’s hit list. I hope that Hillary has not really forgiven McCaskill though because she was so atrocious in 2008 that she should never be forgiven.
15. Some large woman comes in and pronounces Mexico as “Meh-HEE-koe.” I hate that. I think it’s so disingenuous when someone is speaking English and stops in the middle of the sentence to say another word with some kind of foreign flare. Why do that? Giana DeLaurentis does that too with recipes. She talks normally for most of a sentence, but then stops and says “Mohtz-ZA-Rell-a.” Why? The English word for “Mohtz-Za-Rell-a” is “mozzarella.” The English word for “Meh-HEE-koe” is “Mexico.” Why is all of the weird flourish needed? This woman also drops into Spanish every few sentences. Why? Spanish is the language of poverty. If Spanish was so great, then Spanish-speaking countries would be great. But they are not, which is why Spanish-speakers want to come here. So, after you come here, speak English and assimilate. Don’t straddle two worlds with the Spanglish garbage.
16. Something called “The Unity Report” is being talked about, with someone from Clinton campaign and then someone from Sanders campaign speaking. Wellington Webb speaks for Hillary. This is something that’s supposed to heal the primary campaign’s wounds. They say they will improve the nomination process with respect to the super delegates and the caucuses. BOTH PARTIES need to get rid of those damn caucuses. They are the biggest shams ever. But neither party wants to make the change because the caucuses are easy to game for those who know how to rig them, which is why they are never gotten rid of. Every state needs to have a primary and not have caucuses. The super delegates totally rig the process too and Bernie Sanders supporters should rise up about that. Sanders would be the nominee if not for super delegates and if not for the DNC rigging things for Hillary. It’s so obvious what they did. Webb says that Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are giants and champions and deserve everyone’s cheers. He repeats this a few times. He says let’s all cheer for Bernie tonight but then let it go and cheer for Hillary when she takes the stage on Thursday. Leave the convention with all the drama worked out. Come together to ensure that Hillary wins and SCOTUS Justice Ginsburg will swear in Hillary and say congratulations Madame President.
17. Diane Russel from Maine. She looks like Momma June from the Honey Boo Boo show. She’s a Sanders delegate. There’s lots of weird screaming and booing. Says she introduced amendment to reform super delegate system. Quotes Dumbledore from Harry Potter: great courage to stand up to enemies and greater courage to stand up to friends. Crowd goes wild for that. Says there has been a family disagreement over super delegates. Says they need a better process to put every day voters at the center. Process under way in several states and within Unicorn Nomination System, which will be magical like a unicorn and will be fair and full of rainbows going forward. It is what voters expect. What party deserves. There’s tepid response to that. People realize this is just words. The caucuses ands super delegates really need to be done away with, but no one believes the party will really do that. “Unity Compromise” or “Unicorn Compromise” or whatever is not being received well. Claims to reduce super delegates by 2/3. Claims they did not win by selling out…but isn’t this what selling out looks like? It looks like Honey Boo Boo’s mom standing there and shouting that it is not selling out. That’s what selling out looks like. Crowd then starts shouting BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE. 20 states voting to reform super delegate system. 750,000 people signed petition for serious structural reform. Those petitions are worthless. No one pays attention to them. I think it’s cute that they want to believe the DNC will listen to these people. Maybe this woman really believes that. If so, she is delusional. The crowd is shouting NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE, NOT FOR SALE. Claims they are fighting to make reforms. These reforms are really needed: the super delegates truly are not fair; the caucuses are not fair. The entire nominating system is rigged and that was proved again. Now they are shouting THIS IS WHAT DEMOCRACY LOOKS LIKE. Democrats like to shout things, so get used to that this week. They are happiest when shouting angrily at a screen showing the face of their enemy, but they’ll shout slogans whoever possible. They also are shouting LOVE TRUMPS HATE. Anything they disagree with, they call hate. That’s another favorite tactic. They really let this woman talk for a long time. It feels like she’s been speaking for hours.
18. Is this something? Apparently, there’s an effort to oust Tim Kaine as VP and install Sanders or someone Sanders wants. Wouldn’t that be interesting?
19. Boy they really do disrespect Congresswoman Fudge. Whenever she talks, they shout over her. It’s really rude of them.
20. Steny Hoyer is speaking now. This is the man who held Nancy Pelosi’s purse as she and a group of Congress critters marched across the lawn the day that Obamacare passed. ‘Memba that? Hoyer then tries to claim that the reason Obama couldn’t accomplish something in last 8 years was because Bush was so bad. He started that old record up but no one would really listen. He also tried to say LGBTQ but it came out something like LDBDU, which was weird. Then he just shouted into the microphone about each of the boxes that Democrats put people into: black, white, gay, straight, Dreamers, immigrants, whatever. Make sure you get in your box and stay there! He talks about Governor O’Malley and people supporting him during primaries and I really had to strain hard to remember that Martin O’Malley did briefly run for president. Does anyone else remember that?
21. Elijah Cummings speaks next. Talking about being son of sharecroppers who did not have a toilet the whole time he was growing up. His father used to pick cotton. So, the point of having him come speak is to race-bait and grievance monger. Which is a shame that Cummings allows himself to be used like this, but if that’s what keeps getting him invited to free meals and speaking events, more power to him. At what point in our nation’s future will it no longer be needed to have men like Cummings be shouting about cotton and sharecropping and not having toilets? 2020? 2030? When? At some point, it would be nice to stop going on about cotton and racially charged things and move forward onto something else. Whatever that new thing would be. Cummings then tells lies, which you would know if you see Hillary’s America movie. Totally ignores that Democrats were the party of slavery and the party that took away black rights after Civil War. Democrats opposed women’s suffrage. Today, Democrats do nothing when Islam kills gay men around the world. Cummings is not addressing any of that. He gets a giant cheer when saying words BLACK LIVES MATTER. He got booed when he brought up the police. Chanting of BLACK LIVES MATTER begins after that. Says that diversity is not a problem but a promise. Claims that Democrats are party of unity and not division. I really don’t see it like that, since Democrats are all about carving people up into little blocks. While he is talking, there is just nonstop chanting and shouting. Cummings is having a hard time speaking with all the shouting. I don’t know what they are shouting, but it sounds like DOWN WITH KGB, but that can’t be it because Democrats love the KGB. Cummings says he wants to stop something called “global warting.” I guess that’s caused by frogs or toads. Says he wants a woman’s right to choose, which if you see Hillary’s America you know is what Democrats do to carry on Margaret Sanger’s work in eliminating black people via abortions. What are they chanting? NOW FOR PCP? I swear it sounds like KGB. Something something KGB. It’s so weird.
22. Then they show a video, with kind of hip-hoppy music. Talking about the platform committee.
23. Some woman comes out dressed head to toe in a nude-colored outfit. She has white hair that makes her look like a walking, talking pimple. It’s like she didn’t know she would be on national tee-vee today. What goes through some of these people’s minds? The talking pimple is talking about Barbara Jordan, who she says was the first black woman ever allowed to speak at a political convention. Not sure if that is true.
24. Another guy who is dressed sloppily like he didn’t know he would be on tee-vee says that minimum wage needs to be $15/hour. Says that we need more labor unions. I don’t know why these people think that $15/hour isn’t going to destroy a lot of jobs. All it’s going to do is put a lot of people out of work or cause people to have to work 2 or 3 jobs because they can’t get any hours at one job. Labor unions have not been any good for anyone besides the Democrat Party fundraising for 50 years. And Democrats wanting to import nonstop cheap foreign labor hurts union members. What part of that don’t Democrats understand? While this guy is shouting into the microphone people are shouting BERNIE, BERNIE, BERNIE at him.
25. Geesh. Is this really going to go on all day? How many hours of shouting is that? Holy moly.
26. Ben Jealous from Maryland comes out. Looking at him, I see nothing to be jealous of. He’s a community organizer. Says you should listen to him and that he is special because he is biracial and at one time in history (a very long time ago) people would have had a problem with that. But, here in 2016 isn’t it just a big yawn to be biracial? Who is still giving mixed race couples a hard time? I’ve never seen anyone do that here in Chicago. Where is that happening? It’s like Democrats sometimes shout about things that haven’t been a problem in forever…like, why not be shouting about the dangers of saber-tooth tigers or giant spiders in primeval swamps? What happens is that Democrats find something they like to shout about…but even after that thing is resolved, they want to keep shouting about it, because they liked shouting about it. They are really making it a big deal to have $15 per hour as minimum wage…but boy will that destroy jobs. Entry level jobs would be wiped out at so many places, wherever cashiers or order-takers could be replaced. Oh this is rich: says Democrats party of FDR, JKF, MLK, Shirley Chisholm, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. What he doesn’t mention is that Democrats are the party of Andrew Jackson, the KKK, Woodrow Wilson, and other inconvenient figures and facts. Watch Hillary’s America for a good history lesson on where the Democrat Party comes from.
27. Fudge is back. I actually like her. I’m sure she does terrible things, but she’s from Cleveland and reminds me a lot of The Chief (played by the wonderful Lynne Thigpen) from the Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? tee-vee game show in the 90s.
28. They are playing salsa music now and someone is singing in Spanish. It’s funny watching the fat white delegates trying to salsa dance. Worth the price of admission!
29. No one will say anything but I continue to believe that Marsha Fudge replaced Debbie Wasserman Shultz and is running the convention now. Am I right about that? So the #DNCLeaks thing totally got rid of DWS…because I think if she had taken the stage then there would have been riots.
30. Now they have a little guy who sounds like Joe Pesci shouting during a movie. He would be cast as Generic Mob Guy in any movie. He talks like this: “Sportsball games are played up in dose arenerrs.” “Dose” instead of “those;” “arenerrs” instead of “arenas.” He does make everyone be quiet and observe a moment of respect for POWs. Which is nice. This is the kind of guy who would be working a neighborhood ward in Chicago. If you don’t vote Democrat, he’d pay you a visit and ask why you didn’t. If you hadn’t voted before election day, he and his sons or nephews would come to your door and make sure you knew the way to the polling place. You know, to be helpful. And make sure you didn’t make no mistakes on dose ballots up in there.
31. Then they have some guy who looks like a puppet that came to life or Billy the Quizboy on Venture Brothers. Says his father was a janitor and his mother taught school. Says a bunch of generic stuff that doesn’t make sense. Somehow Trump hates America, or something.
32. Raoul something or another speaks next. He says there have been lots of fights in the last 50 years. A new generation is coming of age of all ethnicities and income levels. Looking to stay true to party’s great ideals. Put needs over rich and powerful. Does anyone believe that the DNC does that? Notice how all these speakers use the word “progressive.” You are the stupidest of fools if you ever use the words that Democrats want you to use. Yet, conservative writers are stupid most of the time and ALWAYS use these words. You should never say “progressive” or “liberal.” You should always call these people leftists. They are left-leaning. They are the party of the Left. They are leftists. What they do is leftist. Not progressive. Not liberal. Words matter.
33. Nita Lowey from New York. She says she wants to nominate her sister president. But Hillary Clinton only has brothers, not a sister. Maybe Nita is one of the Rodham brothers dolled up in drag or something. Says that New Yorkers love Hillary. She was the First Lady and also Secretary of State. Was neighbor and friend and fierce ally in the US Senate. Says she learned things from working closely with her for years. She wins tough battles. Here’s the thing: notice how people are never specific. They like to toss sentiments out, but never are very specific. Talking about 9/11. Saying Hillary got New York back on its feet and long after cameras were gone, Hillary helped secure healthcare for the EMTs and fire fighters. Hillary did do this in the Senate. Represented the diverse needs of the state of New York. I don’t ever hear Republicans saying that Hillary was not a good Senator. As far as Senators go, Hillary was as good as any Senator. It was being Secretary of State that problems arose that she is being criticized for today. Would she have been better served staying in the Senate? She’d have no Benghazi or email server problems now if she had stayed in the Senate. Then Nita Lowey starts taking punches at Trump, but very mild. Just saying that Trump is in things for Trump. She talks like she is talking to second graders, explaining to them when snack time will be and how to get to the cafeteria. Then she had the New York delegation come up. A Spanish-speaker comes up to shout at the microphone. He says he will be the first Dominican-American Congress critter, who is also the first formerly undocumented alien who became member of Congress. I always go back to Teddy Roosevelt’s warning against hyphenated Americans. People should just be Americans in the melting pot, not hyphenated people who spend their lives saying they are Dominican-American or Mexican-American or whatever. Just be Americans. Assimilate. Leave the Spanish behind. Join the melting pot. Do not hyphenate. He ends his remarks by shouting in Spanish. I hate listening to Spanish. It is the language of poverty. If you want to leave poverty behind for a new life, then leave the Spanish in the terrible places that you left behind and join the melting pot by learning English.
34. They are taking the DNC convention photo now. They are having a Muslim photographer take it with a 100 year old camera. He is asking people not to move and explaining to them how a camera works and how if you move then there will be blurs.
35. Dead air. There’s no music, no movement, no one on stage for a while. Then the band suddenly starts playing “Dancing with Myself,” which I think is a song about masturbation.
36. Some lesbian from Oregon starts talking. She says that LGBTQ people have come so far and can’t go back. But, as a gay man I ask what the heck are Democrats doing by bringing in Syrian colonists? Importing Muslims is dangerous for gay people and our rights. Muslims hate gays and kill gays around the world. How can you bring in millions of Muslims from a backwards and dysfunctional culture and not realize that they are a danger to gays and gay rights? But no Democrat will ever talk about this. And no Democrat will ever do anything for gay rights around the world. Not sure how many people out there want to listen to a lesbian droning on like this. Is this riveting television for anyone? And no one is talking about the big issue of our time: will Islam conquer the West and continue to be allowed to harm gay people?
37. Another Spanish-speaker shouting into the microphone. Says his mother had a third grade education. Which is better than most Democrats have, I think. He uses the word “progress” every 5 or 6 words. That’s really what they are trying to push as branding this year: “progress,” “progressive.” So do not help them by ever using their words. Words matter. Always call them leftists. They hate that. Do not help their branding efforts. Says he has a message for Donald Trump, then shouts something in Spanish. Really sick of the Spanish.
38. Black woman from Georgia speaks now. See what they did here? Had a gay person (lesbian), a Spanish speaker, and a black person come out. Because that is how Democrats see someone. You are THIS or you are THAT and it is all you will ever be. Democrats don’t see someone as a good speaker or someone with something of value to say. It is just, “Go get a lesbian” and “get someone who speaks Spanish” and “must have a black person too.” It is always like they are ordering snack off a dim sum menu. One of these, one of that, another one of those. This is who Democrats are. Always dividing people into little groups and then pitting these groups against each other, or combining them to be used against other groups. What’s really funny about this lesbian/Spanish speaker/black lady combo is that these three people would never be friends in real life. The only time they would ever go anywhere together would be to an event like this to speak. And when they get back stage, they would splinter off into three groups: a gay group, a Spanish speaking group, and a black group. They would never mix together as friends. They would just go back to their little groups. That’s how Democrat politics work.
39. The Mayor of Philly talks now. He says Irish people used to be viewed suspiciously too. So we should never have any borders or have any concern about who is being allowed in via unrestricted immigration. Because Irish people ended up working out well. Proud of the soda tax that Philly passed. Claim soda tax was to help neighborhood children somehow. Notice what Democrats never do: they never address the fact that our immigration laws are not enforced and that people who break the law see no consequences. So, Democrats really want NO LAWS and no law enforcement. No consequences for breaking the law.
40. They played a weird little comedy clip that made fun of Donald Trump, but it fell flat and no one laughed. It was strange. Like something the Daily Show would do.
41. Man is talking who said he was mentally retarded (his words) until 4th grade. He couldn’t tie his shoes or put on his pants until 5th grade. Says he is the first learning impaired person to become a lawyer in 3 different states. He is the Governor of Connecticut and is proud to be someone who was formerly officially mentally retarded. I guess this is inspirational, but it also feels like this man is from The Onion. How he talks about himself makes people uncomfortable. Like a gay guy calling himself a fag. Some gay people do that. I don’t like it, and I am a gay person. His talking about formerly being mentally retarded is uncomfortable. I am happy that he overcame that, but that word “retarded” is so emotionally charged. I don’t like hearing it. I actually looked it up to make sure he is telling the truth, and he really is the Governor of Connecticut. His name is Dannel Malloy, so he doesn’t spell “Daniel” correctly but he is the Governor. How the hell did that happen? Did he run unopposed or against a duck or something? That sounds like a Disney movie from the 1970s, where Fred McMurray would have played the Governor. Malloy is saying that as a formerly mentally retarded person he knows what it is like to be bullied. Now I really want to know how he got people to stop saying he was “mentally retarded” and is now “formerly mentally retarded.” How does that happen? Malloy says that any Muslim colonists that Indiana doesn’t want he will take in Connecticut. I say resettle them in the wealthiest area, right next to all the mansions. Put all of these “refugees” there. Built the mosques there, next to Martha Stewart’s house or Malloy’s house.
42. Okay, so Breitbart is reporting that earlier in the day, the people shouting were saying “NO TPP!”. That must be the thing they were saying when I thought they were shouting about the KGB. The people upset wanted opposition to the TPP to be in the party platform for 2016, but the DNC wouldn’t allow that. So they are mad.
43. Video about Congressional redistricting. Personally, every state should have districts that make sense. Not gerrymandered. There should be a law that eliminates the gerrymandering. Districts should be trapezoidal, not look like various body parts, sea life, lizards with tails, etc.
44. Angry Black Woman has come to say that Republicans are bad and terrible and low down awful. Because she is a black woman, and she is angry, you must listen to her and accept everything she says as true. Also, part of what she says rhymes, so it’s like being in church. Straight out of central casting. The kind of speech that you can’t remember four words from just five minutes later.
45. This is interesting: Democrats play music from the 80s and 90s at their convention. Republicans played stuff from the 60s/70s (and even 50s). They are playing JENN 867-5309 now. Susan Sarandon also shows up in a Bernie Sanders supporters section.
46. The NO TPP people really try to get on camera. They seem to have these people way in the back, but whenever the camera pans near them, they leap to attention. You can hear people shouting BERNIE! BERNIE! BERNIE! over and over again.
47. 601pm CST. Geesh. Like 5 more hours of this tonight! John Podesta is shouting into the microphone now. Pedestal looks like Supreme Leader Snoke. He says his dad was blue collar and his mom was pink collar. I’ve never heard of pink collar before. Does that mean she was a homemaker? After he talks, they ran another one of those Daily Show kind of jabs against Trump, this one making fun of his marriages.
48. 605pm CST. Another Spanish Speaker. Says: Buy us nachos! when she walks out. She’s all about getting a “Latina” into the US Senate. All about identity politics. She wants Loretta Sanchez to be next California Senator. All these people saying that Latinos bring “flavor” and “spice” to Congress. None of them see this is offensive. That’s like me, a gay man, saying that everywhere I go is more FABULOUS because I am there. I would like to be thought of as being more than just a fabulous gay guy. Don’t “Latinos” want to be more than just “spicy” and “flavorful” stereotypes? Says that in Latino countries it is common to have woman like Eva Peron and others high in office. America is a Latino country now so we should have a woman president too. That’s their logic. Every one of these people do that thing where they are speaking in English, but slow down and even stop before they say a word with a flourish…then speak back up again. More of that “My mother was from Meh-HEE-koe” garbage. Not a single one of them ever acknowledges that people who violate the immigration laws in place on the books are criminals. And there is a problem with people choosing not to follow the law. Loretta Sanchez was standing so still behind this woman that I thought it was a cardboard cutout. Here and there, she stops speaking English entirely and just speaks in Spanish, never translating. I really hate when they do this because it’s sending secret messages to one group of people. Why is that allowed? She really doesn’t want the law because she thinks that there should be no border and that anyone who wants to come here should just be allowed to come. Why have laws? Why enforce laws? If you want the law enforced, want borders, and want laws enforced, then you are bad. Hillary will erase the border and just allow anyone who wants to come to come. That is a promise.
49. 616pm CST. Boston Mayor Marty Walsh. Comes out publicly as an alcoholic. Could be a Kennedy relative. Says the labor unions accepted him as an alcoholic and then helped him become a builder. Is it really smart to put alcoholics on construction sites? I guess that was a good thing, because he needed a job. But is that the best place for alcoholics? What is the point of this speech: “I’m an alcoholic and I support Hillary Clinton. If you are an alcoholic, she’s the right choice for you too!” He claims that Donald Trump didn’t pay some contractors somewhere and he puts his name in gold on buildings. Hillary does not have her name in gold on no building. Donald Trump has enough money and don’t need no more money. Says he stands with all the lovable drunks out there who built this country but try not to drink so much no more. Vote Hillary!
50. 621pm CST. Now a bunch of labor leaders are shouting into the microphone. Says public sector collective bargaining strengthens communities. What a giant lie that is. Public employee unions strangle communities. This guy is from BizarroWorld. Says this is not reality television, this is reality. Trump is thin skinned bully who says “You’re Fired!” on the tee-vee. Says the unions are with Hillary. But, are they? Don’t the unions want to stop cheap foreign labor? Or do they want to hurt their members by importing all that cheap labor? Then that Trumka guy comes out. He is straight out of an SNL skit playing a union boss. Trumka says that Trump is not a tough guy but is a phony and he thinks wages are too high. “You are not a tough guy! I know tough guys!” Trumka sounds like he is a child shouting. Says Hillary will rewrite all the rules for Democrats. Claims she opposes TPP…but is that true? Sounds like she would be all for that as president since the Clintons were all for NAFTA back in the day. Trumka ends by shouting like Chris Farley doing that “Dan Foley’s Van by the River” sketch. Then there was more Spanish, this time from the woman from the teachers’ unions. These teachers…I tell you. Every single teacher I know in Chicago has the best life, like a life you couldn’t believe. Pensions. 4 months of vacation each year. High salaries. So much money they take weekend trips to NYC to see Broadway shows. Vacations in Europe or the Caribbean. Yet teachers are always crying they do not have enough money. They get something like $75,000/year for the rest of their lives when they retire. Does anyone in the private sector get that? Then the SEIU president comes in and wants the $15/hour minimum wage. This seems to be the big thing that Democrats will be going on about for the next four days. Trump would be smart to have business leaders come out and say what an apocalypse that would be for entry level jobs and low-skill jobs. Racial Justice. Social Justice. Environmental Justice. Immigrant Justice. These are all terms she used. The SEIU woman in purple also said: “brothers and sisters” a lot. Then she said, “I believe that we can win” and tried to get that started as a slogan, like “Yes we can” back in 2008. But it’s not as catchy. Some other union people talked after that, and then they used the weird “brothers and sisters” thing too. It’s like the communist “comrades” thing.
51. A woman is talking who apparently tried to blend into the background by wearing convention-gray camouflage. Her daughter is on drugs and so she had to raise her granddaughter as her own. Says Hillary Clinton came to her workplace and asked if she could help. She took notes and came up with a plan to help this woman’s family. That’s the kind of leader that is needed. Just so you know, Hillary really does do this. If she meets someone, she does listen and does try to help. She does a lot of other bad things she should not be doing, but she does listen to regular people and she does help them here and there. Trump does that too. Hillary is not the monster that some people try to make her out to be…but not being a monster does not make up for lying and doing her other bad things lately.
52. Some woman dressed up like Betty Ford is talking. At first I thought it was a drag queen playing Betty Ford. But it’s Senator Jeanne Shaheen. She’s talking about drug addiction and saying it is bad. For crying out loud, has there been any progress made on drugs in the last 30 years? It’s still the same. No one has an answer for it. White people in the suburbs do drugs. They buy drugs from people in the inner cities. The drugs come here through Mexico. For decades this has been happening. Hillary won’t solve this any more than the other people in office for the last 3o years did anything to solve it.
53. 647pm CST yo. Feels like hours and hours. Demi Lovato comes on and says she is mentally ill. I’m not really sure who Demi Lovato is, but I think she may be one of the girls that are used to “beard” closeted young gay actors like Zac Efron. Shouldn’t people with mental illness be at least a little not-happy-about it? Like, it’s not something to be PROUD of. It’s not a desirable thing. But at the Democrat Convention, being mentally ill or mentally impaired is something that people just shout from the mountains. It’s strange. Oh, and then seconds later she broke into song and gave a little concert. It was so weird. Not sure that ever happened at a convention before.
54. VIDEO about the sea levels rising and Obama Regime lowering the oceans like he promised. Democrats declare the science is settled. The world is ending and planet is about to explode. You must believe them and be afraid because only Democrats can save you.
55. Some guy from Oregon dressed up all in gray. He’s literally giving a generic speech about togetherness that could have been spoken by anyone, anywhere. Democrats’ remarks are like word jumbles: TOGETHER! GLOBAL WARMING! FIGHT! DIVERSITY!
56. 704pm CST. We’re in prime time now. Two Spanish-speakers. Illegals. Didn’t follow the law. Didn’t follow the rules. Little girls’ parents didn’t ever bother to learn English or assimilate. Girl born in Las Vegas. Anchor baby. She will say a sentence or two in English, then go back to Spanish. She was born here but her English is not good because she speaks Spanish at home. Says she wants to grow up to be a lawyer. Why not learn English and teach her parents English too? That would make a great law school application essay. Then the mother shouted in Spanish, because she’s been here over 10 years living illegally but never bothered to learn any English. Living in a parallel society, where you refuse to assimilate, is not immigration. It is being a colonist from another country who comes here and establishes a colony, never intending to join melting pot and assimilate.
57. Then there’s another weird Daily Show segment. This one calls Donald Trump a racist and compares him to David Duke. They call it “Trump in his own words,” where they selectively edit clips to make Trump look bad out of context.
58. Another Spanish-speaker. Her parents didn’t follow the law and broke the rules. Snuck here in a raft. Why can’t these people just apply for admission? Why can’t America have the admissions policy of Harvard and Yale? People should apply to come here. We should select the best people to come. The way that Harvard and Yale don’t just take anyone. They take the best. Not just people who show up, sneak in, and don’t follow the rules. Why is it okay that these Spanish-speakers do not follow the law and think laws do not apply to them?
59. More Spanish-speaking. This time Luiz Gutierrez. One of the most loathsome people in Chicago and the country. This guy is pure lizard. Shouting into the microphone. Again, Democrats never address the fact that people who don’t follow the rules should not be rewarded for not following the rules. How can a sovereign nation exist without borders and without enforcing its immigration laws? Why are we as a nation not allowed to have laws that are respected and enforced? Why can’t we demand that people who want to come here have a skill, are able to read and write, and can contribute something? This guy is the worst of the worst. Shouting in Spanish angrily. Again, I ask if Spanish is so great then why aren’t Spanish-speaking countries great? Why are all the places that speak Spanish so poor and backwards?
60. Gorgeous Black Man comes to speak. I think he is a basketball player. The first attractive person who spoke all night. He then just said generic things. Then he introduced his brother, who is an openly gay former NBA player. Says he came out to the Clinton family first, which is strange. Of all the people to come out to, he chose the Clintons? I really wish that Aaron Rodgers and other gay pro-sportsball players would all just come out. Just do it all at once. No one cares! We’re here. We’re queer. Everybody is used to it! Just imagine how great it would be if all pro athletes just came out and it was no big deal. Democrats could never use this as an issue again.
61. This looks like the guy from Hunger Games who designed the game arena and then had to eat poisoned blueberries at the end. His name is Jessie something. I thought he was going to say he was a trans-man (Female to Male) but he’s some kind of computer designer instead. He’s going on about transgender bathrooms and how it’s the most important issue of all time. Twitter says his name is Jesse Lipson.
62. Video about LGBTQAI
63. Angry Lesbian from Central Casting speaking now. Trying to say Trump is not LGBTQAI friendly. Good luck with that, Democrats. Trump is the most LGBTQAI political candidate in history.
64. Another comedy skit. That guy Ken Jeong and some other guy, doing a Daily Show kind of sketch.
65. Bob Casey from Pennsylvania speaks. He says his father used to be Governor. Says that Hillary knows where Pennsylvania is and will come there sometimes to see how it’s doing. He says that Trump has wine glasses made in Slovenia, not Pennsylvania. Maybe it’s because the unions in Pennsylvania prevent things from being able to be made in Pennsylvania. He says that Donald Trump ain’t never made nothing in his life. Says he wishes he had played basketball for the 76ers.
66. Some guy from Chillicothe Ohio who looks like guy from Ally McBeal. Remember him? The little guy on McBeal who was weird, and then he was weird on other shows too. This guy looks like his son. His name is Luke Feeney. Sounds like a made-up name for a generic person. Is he cat fishing? Someone is shouting something that sounds like, “Rock n Roll, Nudists Now!”
67. Kristen Gillibrand from New York. Tells a bunch of weird lies. Claims that women don’t even get a paid day off to give birth in this country. How is that true? That seems like it would be a big lawsuit if some company tried to pull that. This woman looks and sounds just like the actress from Veronica Mars.
68. Al Franken, Senator. Also man who dressed up as an adult baby and went on tee-vee. Franken delivered unfunny standup routine of lame Trump jokes. Franken mostly made me remember that Americans like electing celebrities to office: Jesse Ventura. Schwarzenegger. And now Trump. Reagan was a celebrity too. So was Sonny Bono and Gopher from Love Boat. People see Trump as celebrity, not politician. That bodes well for him because celebrities win. It felt like Al Franken had been drinking too. Was he drunk? Or does he have a speech impediment or medical issue that makes him slur his words?
69. SHAMELESS! Democrats bring out a woman in a wheelchair to shout lies about Trump. Not allowed to ever challenge this, because she is in a wheelchair. Political correctness means this woman can say anything she wants about Trump that is horrible and all lies…but no one can call her out. Because she’s handicapped, she’s untouchable. Shameless to have her come out and do this. Someone who is not allowed to be rebutted should not be taking political punches.
70. Al Fraken comes out to speak again. And Sarah Silverman too. Just in case you were wondering, neither of them are funny. They talk about the Bernie Sanders fans needing to get really and stop it already. Franken and Silverman are awful together. Then they introduce Paul Simon. This is the music of my childhood and all, but do we really need this much musical breaks?
71. VIDEO – some guy begging about drug treatment. Saying he needs treatment for heroin or something. It was a Mario Cuomo tribute for some reason.
72. Eva Longoria comes out. She used to be on Desperate Housewives. In 2008, she was one of the most prominent Hillary surrogate speakers. Eva announced that her father is not a rapist. She is 9th generation Texan. Says she is Latina. And she will be introducing closeted gay Corey Booker.
73. Corey Booker. He should just come out. He fools about as many people as Lindsey Graham. Do people still like hearing from charismatic, closeted gay black man after 8 years of this? He’s shouting stuff from a stock speech. He’s trying to attack Trump, but it just comes out as childish. He feels like an actor in a bad play who is portraying Obama. Weird. Corey Booker seemed to be doing his best to have a 2004 Obama Convention Speech moment. Looks like he is auditioning to be the Dems’ candidate in 2020 after Hillary loses. Will next election be race between Corey Booker and Elizabeth Warren? How weird would that be? Like BizarroWorld Hillary vs. Obama. Someone wrote on Twitter that if Hillary wanted to unite the party she would have picked Bernie Sanders. If she wanted to excite the party, she would have picked Corey Booker for VP. Tim Kaine gets her nothing.
74. VIDEO about Trump University being terrible, some woman being embarrassed that she got involved in it.
75. Woman Who Hates Trump University talks. I don’t know what the issue is with Trump University. All of higher education is a racket. She seems like a very nice woman but what exactly is her beef? What did Trump University do to her? How was she wronged? No specifics given.
76. Michelle Obama enters. She looks gorgeous. Be fair and give her that. She’s smiling and not being hateful and bitter. Lovely color on her, lovely dress. She started off telling nice stories about her girls when they first got to White House. Then made some weird comment about a little black boy who wanted to touch her husband’s head. She called Hillary Clinton her “friend,” like anyone believes that. Michelle says that shruggles make people shronger. It takes a village of shruggles to make you stronger. Michelle went there: her line about waking up every day in a house built by slaves. Hillary made people take it for granted that woman could be president. Michelle says it is greatest country on earth. As Michelle left, they played Stevie Wonder’s “Signed, Sealed Delivered”.
77. Some Kennedy or another comes out to speak next. He’s a ginger. He had Elizabeth Warren in law school. She really scalped him his first day in class. Tough teacher.
Elizabeth Warren gets heckled the whole time. Not sure what someone was shouting. Her voice is very nice to listen to though. That’s why this woman is very dangerous. Her ideas are wrong and dangerous, but she is pleasant to listen to. Elizabeth Warren keeps talking about system being rigged, but who’s been running the system for 8 years. I’ve never listened to Warren before, but she comes across very calm and pleasant…like someone on QVC. Apparently she is not always like this and is usually fiery, but she’s choosing to be very low-key here. OMG! Warren then talks about informercials. And she sounds like someone in an informercial. Then she goes on about a rigged system and racial tensions being used…but that’s exactly what Democrats do. That’s how Democrats stay in power. She talks about a hate-filled America, but that’s what Obama created in 8 years. Democrats sew this animosity so they can stay in power. No explanation ever given for why they claim that women are paid less than men, but Democrats have held White House for 8 years. So why no positive change? Did Obama not want to solve this? Or couldn’t he solve it…but Hillary can solve it? How does that work?
78. Angry Black Man shouting. Is this the Muslim in Congress? He shouted for a few minutes before introducing Bernie Sanders.
Never seen anything like the shouting for Sanders. It goes on and on and won’t stop. Sanders shouting at them to stop shouting for him. Talks about political revolution to transform America..and revolution continues. Transform into what? SHRUGGLE of the people continues. SHRUGGLE for economics based on social justice. Says election is not about what Media spends time discussing. End the 40 year decline of middle class. Reality of people living in poverty. Must transform economy or younger generation will have lower standard of living than parents. End grotesque level of wealth and income inequality today. Keeps repeating about raising minimum wage to living wage. Someone working 40 hours a week should not be living in poverty. Rebuild infrastructure. During Bernie’s speech, Bill Clinton was standing next to Cecile Richards from Planned Parenthood (vile). Sanders wants to overturn Citizens United. Goes on rant about Koch Brothers. Makes a bunch of apocalyptic predictions. Says Trump hates science and hates everyone. Wants free college for everyone. Wants free drugs for people. His supporters really are like a cult, crying and having breakdowns. Sanders’ fans against TPP. These special snowflakes are melting down big time during his speech.
Sanders supporters taking this all very hard:
79. There was heckling during the prayer at the end. That was strange. Heckling and people making noise and leaving the Convention instead of staying and listening to prayer. Like they were rushing to their cars while movie credits rolled.
80. Did you see Bill Clinton sitting next to Cecile Richards (daughter of Ann Richards) during Bernie speech? They looked more than chummy. Cecile is head of Planned Parenthood. She reminds me of Robin Wright Penn in House of Cards.
DAMN! This was a strange and bizarre night of television! Will tomorrow be even stranger?
I’m recapping it as well, so tune in then!
If you enjoyed our convention coverage and like the other writing on this site, please check out our recently published book, SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. It’s part of what we have been working on here in Chicago on the ground for the last few years. This is the story of what local government and the police do to try to silence people who speak out against government corruption in the Chicago suburbs. Megan Fox and I uncovered sex crimes that were being covered-up in the Orland Park Public Library near Chicago. Local politicians and the police chief didn’t want anyone finding out that library staff were deliberating allowing child pornography to be accessed and other crimes to happen in the library. For whatever reason, Orland Park officials wanted that library to be a place where men could access child porn, masturbate openly, and stalk women. When confronted with incident reports proving that library staff never called the police like they were supposed to when these sex crimes happened, the local officials in Orland Park lashed out at us, had the police menace and threaten us, and tried every trick they could think of to censor and silence us. They wanted to protect that access point to child porn at all costs…because SOMEONE powerful in Orland Park wanted the library to operate this way. Our book is the story of every dirty trick a local government body can pull against the public and what people can do to stand up to such tyranny.
It is the #1 Banned Book in the country, since the American Library Association (which is severely criticized in the book for its role in covering up the child porn and other sex crimes) is actively working to keep our book from being carried in local libraries. Another way you could help us is to ask your local library in writing to carry the book wherever you live. The more people who read this and know what is going on, the less able local governments will be to silence the public and take away its First Amendment right to petition.
[Click above to embiggen: Chester Siniawski will soon be freed from confinement in the horrific Joliet Area Community Hospice, according to his son Chet’s latest GoFundMe update.]
It is time for hallelujahs and hosannas because the impossible has happened…the ghouls at the Joliet Area Community Hospice (JACH) have been defeated and poor Chester Siniawski is being freed from their clutches! According to the latest update Chester’s son Chet has made on GoFundMe, Chester is being freed from the hospice (where staff withheld food and water from him as part of plot to kill him by starvation) and is being taken to a hospital where ethical professionals will attend to his recovery. Hallelujah!
Once he is in the hospital, Chester will get all the nourishment and medical care he needs to recover from the stroke he had in April. Your prayers worked! The impossible has happened. For probably the first time ever, someone has been able to escape from the Hospice of Horrors that is the JACH. This is a place whose staff seemingly operate under the “death is better” philosophy, where people’s lives are snuffed out after a stroke instead of being taken to rehabilitation to regain the use of their bodies.
For all these months, Chester has been tortured in this facility, being kept in a bed when he wanted to be out exercising and regaining use of his muscles. Food was kept out of his reach and water was denied to him. Chet and other family members who were bringing Chester food and water were banned from visiting him because Chester’s wife Marian and JACH staffers wanted Chester to die, since they apparently believe that death is better. But Chester wanted to live and begged to be able to live. Marian didn’t want to be inconvenienced with having a husband who had to be in a wheelchair or not 100% the man he was before his stroke. Being a widow sounded better to her, because then she would not have to help care for Chester as he recovered. The ghouls at the JACH were only too happy to help Marian achieve her goal of becoming a widow…despite the fact that Chester was not terminal and wanted to live!
A crooked judge in Will County, who has some sort of personal relationship with people at the hospice, got involved and slapped an unconstitutional GAG ORDER on the Siniawski family in order to help the Joliet Area Community Hospice continue to starve and harm Chester, without Chester being able to speak to the public by video and beg for help. This is the kind of thing that Amnesty International would hold a press conference about if it was being done to someone in a foreign country, but since it was happening in Joliet, Illinois no one cared. The crooked judge silenced Chet and his relatives and bullied them into not being able to give further updates about Chester’s condition. This judge needs to be brought before an ethics and judicial review board to answer questions about what personal connections he has to the JACH that influenced his decision to silence and censor the First Amendment rights of Chester’s family members while they were trying to save Chester’s life.
The JACH tried keeping people from being allowed to visit Chester, since the food and water they would bring him kept him alive when Marian and JACH staff wanted Chester to die. Since Chester is now going to survive this ordeal and recover, Marian and the JACH are going to be in a lot of trouble in the future. I hope that awful judge gets in trouble too, along with everyone in law enforcement who refused to help save Chester’s life when he was begging to live but was slowly being starved to death by Marian and the ghouls she found to assist her.
It is my hope that Chester sues the JACH for what it did to him in attempting to end his life when he wanted to live. In my opinion, what JACH staffers did was attempted murder. What else do you call people knowingly withholding food, water, and other nourishment from a man with the premeditated goal of killing him? What other word is there for that besides MURDER?
The Joliet Area Community Hospice needs to be raided and shut down. It has proven itself to be a place where someone like Marian can take a spouse, tell the staff to deny the person food and water so that the person dies, and that murderer would get away with it all because Illinois authorities don’t want to set foot inside a building with the word hospice on the sign out front. What we’ve discovered in the case of Chester Siniawski is that the one place you can get away with murder in Illinois is in a hospice, since if you kill someone in a place like the JACH by starving/depriving the person of water, the authorities will not care. They have the attitude that “people die all the time in hospices, that’s what they are for”…but what about situations where a man like Chester Siniawski is not terminal, but his wife wants to have his life snuffed out and wants to put him down like an old dog and euthanize him…and hospice staff just go along with that?
The ghouls who work in the JACH are so accustomed to ending people’s lives that they didn’t seem to understand that what they were doing to Chester Siniawski was attempted murder. When a man wants to live and is not terminal, denying him food and water for the purpose of killing him is attempted murder.
The crooked judge and inept law enforcement in Joliet will no doubt see to it that the JACH never receives any criminal consequences for what the ghouls did to Chester…but I hope that when Chester is healthy that he finds a great attorney to go after the JACH for damages and shut that place down.
Chester still has a long road ahead to recovery…but being freed from that Hospice of Horrors and being taken to a hospital where he can be attended to by real doctors and real nurses is a big deal. It’s a huge step in the right direction.
Getting to this victory has financially devastated Chester’s son Chet, however. Please consider chipping in whatever you can to Chet’s GoFundMe. Here’s the financial reality of what it takes to save a man’s life in Illinois:
1. Chet lost his job in Texas (where he lived) because he had to be here in Illinois trying to save his father’s life
2. Chet lost his apartment in Texas because he was spending all his time here in Illinois and lost his job in Texas. When his father was being abused at the JACH and being starved to death, Chet had to come here to keep an eye on him every day and fight to get food and water into Chester. To save Chester’s life, Chet had to sacrifice his own life in Texas.
3. Chet had to pay for attorneys to try to get the court involved to save Chester’s life. The Siniawski family had the great misfortune of finding what I believe to be some of the worst and most incompetent lawyers in Illinois. The law firm they hired was terrible, but one family member refused to allow that firm to be fired and new lawyers to be hired. So Chet had to contend with an aunt who would not listen to reason and just wanted the same terrible lawyers to continue getting paid. I feel the lawyers this family had were incompetent and should even face disciplinary proceedings because they waited so long to file an injunction to get Chester out of that hospice. I don’t understand what the hell those lawyers were waiting for or why it took until the end of July for Chester to be freed from the JACH. In my opinion, any lawyer worth his or her salt would have been able to free Chester much faster. What the hell is wrong with the Siniawski family’s attorneys?
4. Now Chet faces all of the expenses and hoop-jumping of Chester being moved to the hospital and onto rehab…and what comes next. Chet wants to stay in Texas and would like for Chester to live with him in Texas and be far away from the ghouls who did this to him in Illinois. It will take a lot of funding to make that happen.
This is the story of a very nice family who was hit with tragedy…and then the state of Illinois failed them completely when their family member was being starved to death and deprived of life-sustaining materials in a facility run by ghouls. Without any experience handling a nightmare like this, Chet Siniawski stood up and fought hard for his father in all the ways he knew how. I hope everyone out there reading this has someone as brave and courageous as Chet in your corner if a nightmare like this ever happens to you.
If you can chip in $5 or $10 to Chet’s GoFundMe to help him pay the debt he’s run up and to fund Chester’s future legal needs, that would go a long way towards easing some of Chet’s burden. Also, please share his GoFundMe link on your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media to spread the word about what’s happened to Chester and let people know that he has finally been freed from confinement in one of the worst places on earth, the Joliet Area Community Hospice.
[The GOP’s official live stream on YouTube; another good live stream is CSPAN’s if the YouTube one goes down.]
WHAT: Day Four (Finale) of the GOP’s 2016 convention in Cleveland
WHERE: Live streamed on YouTube and CSPAN
WHY: Recapping and taking real time notes for you, because we are friends like this
WHEN: 6pm CST on 7/21/16
1. Today’s the last day of the GOP convention in Cleveland. This will be a real time note-taking and commentary on what I see on the live stream feed. Let me know in comments or on the Twitters or otherwise via that series of pipes and tubes that is the Interwebs if you enjoy these and would like to see me do them for the entire Democrat Convention in Philly as well. If you’d like to read them instead of watching that Convention, I don’t mind doing it for you, because we are friends like that.
2. Earlier today, I wondered openly about what Ted Cruz’s weird secret could be…based on the fact that I’ve always found him to be off-putting and had an air about him that SOMETHING wasn’t right. There was a movie in the 1990s (that I saw at Tower City Cinemas in Cleveland, which is fitting) called Mimic, about cockroach monsters (called, The Judas Breed) that could mimic a human from a distance and look like a guy standing there in a trench coat to trick someone into getting close enough for the bug to eat. The movie was creepy because you could tell there was SOMETHING wrong with the guy on the train platform standing there, even if you could not figure out he was a giant cockroach Judas Breed monster until it was too late. Clearly, Ted Cruz is not a cockroach monster (I don’t think), but he’s hiding something and he creeps me out. Richard Viguerie said some things today at Conservative HQ that echoed a few observations that friends of mine made in comments on my earlier article about Cruz’s dark hidden secret. What if his secret is that all of this Bible and religious stuff is just an act for him and that he truly believes none of it? It’s just stuff he says because he sees an opportunity to exploit that evangelical base for support. Viguerie’s article is worth reading. He says that what Cruz did last night shows he does not truly live up to the Bible standards that he claims to be all about. Now, if Viguerie is correct then that jives pretty well with people who say Cruz’s deep dark secret (that so many of us pick up on) might just be simple as the fact that when he’s standing there giving his speeches and delivering his performances, the thing he’s hiding is the fact that he doesn’t believe any of what he’s saying. The theory is that he is really not religious, that he thinks evangelicals are chumps for buying what he’s selling, and that he’s a snake in the grass making fools of everyone. If you approach all this with the operating theory that Cruz is hiding a secret…and the secret is that he is NOT the religious person he says he is…then look how neatly Viguerie’s article falls right into place. It all makes sense. Or maybe he’s a cockroach monster. Donald Trump is about to become President of the United States in real life and not just in a Sharknado movie, so anything is possible.
3. If you missed the earlier recaps of the first days of the GOP convention, I have them archived here for you. If you would like to read them, I will try my best to do recaps of all the Democrat convention days and the debates and other big events as well, if I’m able to be near a computer to live stream them. What’s really interesting for me when I watch the commentary-free live footage is what happens when I later read what the Media chooses to say about events that I watched LIVE. If you only get your news from the Media, it is very much what Laura Ingraham said last night: it’s just like watching Baghdad Bob in Iraq telling lies. Reporters are so shameless. They have no interest in telling the truth and twist things for their own narrative. People who believe what the tee-vee says or who trust newspapers are not getting the real story. And if people don’t have time to seek out the actual footage and watch for themselves, they are screwed. It’s still hard to believe how truly biased the Media is and how much reporters lie.
4. Tonight’s line-up of speakers on the last day in Cleveland:
Just a random thing to note, but last night (7/20/16), Twitter started being flooded with references to Helen Thomas dying. It looks like Soledad O’Brien started this by retweeting some things and people thought she was reporting that Helen Thomas died yesterday. In reality, this particular monster was called back to Hell three years ago. Every once in a while, social media believes that someone who has been dead for years has died again, since people are so stupid (especially those who work in Media like our Soledad). No opportunity should ever pass without noting what a truly despicable person Helen Thomas was while she was alive…and how heinous it was that this repugnant monster was given such deference in Washington by so many presidential administrations. She was a hideous and unapologetic antisemite who wanted to see Israel destroyed. She used her position in White House press conferences (where a sick tradition of calling on her first kept her seated in the front row, instead of in a burning garbage can down by the river where she belonged) to push her agenda to advance the destruction of Israel. Like Ruth Bader Ginsburg, at some point just before her retirement she stopped caring about her mask and let her vile true face show. It was caught on camera, thankfully, in all its loathsomeness. Helen Thomas will always represent everything that is wrong with the Media and politics in this country. She is a cautionary tale against allowing any reporter to ever again have the entitlement that this monster was given in the White House press corps. Dan Kennedy’s “Good Riddance to a Garden-Variety Antisemite” remains a must-read obituary for her “career.”
Charles Krauthammer had some interesting things to say about Ted Cruz. I would like to get to a point where I don’t have to hear about Ted Cruz every day. My boyfriend Justin got really worked up over the primaries this year. Starting in January, Justin made himself sick and drove me up the wall with the daily “Ted Cruz is Plotting Something!” obsession. Justin wanted Trump to win the nomination, and every day he’d read some weird new conspiracy theory about what Cruz was going to do to “steal the nomination!” And every day, I would tell Justin that whatever he was reading online was crazy and that Trump would be the nominee if Trump was actually serious about being the nominee and this all wasn’t just some big goof he was doing. Until the day that Cruz actually conceded, I did wonder if Trump wasn’t just playing some sort of practical joke on everyone and running for President was just something he was doing for the fun of it, intending to drop out at some point and claim he had to take care of his business or whatever. I felt this way because he seemed to play that game in 2012 so I didn’t take him seriously in 2016. I wonder if he had second thoughts about going up against Obama and defeating him, knowing that defeating the first black president and getting in the way of his second term would have haunted anyone who defeated Obama. That’s the working theory on why Romney just gave up and let Obama have two terms. No one wanted to be called a racist “who took the White House away from a black man.” But, once Trump proved he was serious…and Cruz dropped out…Justin just kept going with the conspiracies. He reads these things somewhere, I don’t know where, and they are all centered around Ted Cruz being some sort of Machiavellian genius who had a thousand and one plots to steal the nomination from Trump in the dead of night, with Justin fully expecting to wake up one day and see a Drudge headline declaring CRUZ DID IT! JUSTIN, YOU WERE RIGHT!
I just can’t even. One of the big problems in our relationship is that Justin needs to be with someone who enjoys conspiracies as much as he does. He’s excited by them and enjoys feeling like he’s on the inside of something big and important, because he’s one of the few people who has read the website that has figured it all out and knows what Ted Cruz is plotting next. I have too much to do in a day to find conspiracies compelling, exciting, or in any way interesting. Megan and I are working on our second book. We’re also investigating several other local public bodies for violations of the Open Meetings Act and Freedom of Information Act and we’re poring over the spending records of several other entities and putting together an expose of all sorts of nepotism, travel account abuse, and pay-to-play/no-bid contract shenanigans. Being obsessed with Ted Cruz and what people on the Internet swore he was up to was just not something that ever interested me. Poor Justin. I can imagine it sucks big time to have this burning desire to share Ted Cruz conspiracy theories with others, but not have a boyfriend who wants to listen or has the energy to hear about Ted Cruz every day.
I would love if after this week I never heard anything about Ted Cruz again…except how he lost his primary race in 2018 and how he was leaving politics and disappearing from the national scene. That would make me very happy.
610pm CST = the GOP live stream starts up. The last night of the Convention in Cleveland. I hope you enjoyed seeing my hometown on the national stage. I think Clevelanders did a wonderful job welcoming everyone and the Cleveland Police in particular did a great job taking care of safety and security. I think it’s sad that some of the snobbier media figures and big cheeses didn’t enjoy being in a city that’s not as rich as New York or Chicago, but everyone else seemed to have a nice time in Cleveland. I hope many of you who watched the convention will consider going to Cleveland some day in the future for a weekend or vacation. I am so proud to have been born and raised in Cleveland and to always have it as my hometown. Being from somewhere, one place, and not having moved around from place to place…I’m so lucky to have those roots. And what a place to be rooted! I count highly amongst my blessings being a son of Cleveland. I hope every day to achieve something at some point in life to make my hometown proud of me, as I am every day of it.
I wonder what kind of music the DNC will have in Philly. The Republican conventioneers like hearing music from before I was born, mostly. The band doesn’t seem to play anything before the mid-70s. Will the Democrats have more modern music? Like the 80s or 90s at least? Because most entertainment figures are rabid Leftists, they’r probably have all the current hits. This is something that Republicans need to address at some point…because it’s a defeat in the Culture War. Anything relevant and “now” gets lumped in with Democrats and it shouldn’t be. At some point, we need to take back what is “cool” and “hip.” We need to make what Democrats have seem “stale” and “old.” How we do that, I don’t know. But right now the RNC is playing “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond. And it’s just wide shots of white-haired people swinging badly back and forth kind-of in relation to the music.
Dellow felegates, cats and dogs of all ages, Presbyterians and platypuses, please take your seats…the fun is about to start. Chairman Reince Preibus comes out. Boy, that name. What was the SECOND CHOICE his parents had for him? Algernon Algonquin Preibus? J.K. Rowling would have written a name like that for a Slytherin House member (which, in fairness, would have been my Hogwarts house too if I had gone to imaginary school abroad and not in a Catholic school in Cleveland’s suburbs). A small Hispanic child with giant bows in her hair that make it look like she’s Minnie Mouse cosplaying is now scream-singing into a microphone, at times trying to pretend she is Aretha Franklin. It is what it is. She’s five, which means no one is allowed to say it’s not the best thing they ever heard.
Colors presented by Veterans of Foreign Wars. Some guy named Tony Perkins, but not the actor Tony Perkins who is dead, gives the Pledge of Allegiance. Scott Brown’s daughter Ayla sings national anthem. She does a great job.
I’m actually sad this is the last night. I’ve had fun doing these recaps this week. Boy, I am not looking forward to doing the Democrat recaps. That’s going to be a nightmare. I already dread having to hear about social justice and abortion and income redistribution and all the other awful things that Democrats will harp about when grievance-mongering and value-signaling for four straight days.
Tony Perkins (whoever he is) comes out again and says he will be voting for Trump. He talks about when Congress added “under God” to the Pledge. He says that Congress did that because people felt threatened by nuclear attacks. President Eisenhower knew where to put the public’s trust, UNDER GOD. Pointed back to Lincoln at Gettysburg…under God people shall know a new birth of freedom. 1863. 1954. 2016. All under God. Our freedoms under steady assault. We must stop the government from trying to remove Under God from public life in America. Donald Trump has committed to upholding and protecting the First Freedom and therefore our ability as citizens to unite our nation once again under God. Let us go forth and do that work. This may have been said because of Ted Cruz’s weirdness yesterday.
Video plays about Trump. People proud to work for him in Trump organization. Trump sees within you what your strengths are and then encourages and develops those in you. Match talent and person with right job. People want to measure up to his expectations. He thinks big. Negotiates tough. Attacks a challenge. Comes in ahead of schedule and under budget. Wakes up and loves what he does and works harder than anyone. Demanding. Incisive. Strategic. High expectations. You are what you deliver, not what you promise.
SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO (not scheduled to speak, but surprise speaker): His mission is to elect Trump. Need strong leader who will stand up for America and interests of her citizens. Only country in world that puts rights of aliens over protecting own country. Nation without borders and without laws is no nation at all. Now more than ever we must have respect for the police. 35 years in law enforcement. Dangers of illegal immigration and drugs. Terrorists are coming over border, infiltrating, penetrating weak border system. Trump is leader. He produces results. Only candidate for president ready to get tough to protect Americans. Fought on front lines against illegal immigration. Must secure border. Trump will build the wall. BUILD THAT WALL, BUILD THAT WALL, BUILD THAT WALL. Restore law and order and keep drugs and illegals from entering our country. Says Trump was always kind to his wife and to others. That’s just who Trump is. He’s kind and thoughtful man. Elect leader who will stand up for America and protect our border. Support law enforcement and military. Unite our country. Let’s elect Donald Trump. THANK YOU!
PASTOR MARK BURNS: From South Carolina. Must come together to defeat Hillary Clinton and race baiting Democrats. Need to stop Democrats from focusing on colors that divide us and not the colors that unite us. She is afraid because she knows that together we will never allow Hillary Clinton to become president of the United States. Never, ever, never. Shall never will she ever set foot in White House as president. Under Donald Trump, all lives matter. ALL LIVES MATTER. ALL LIVES. ALL LIVES. ALL LIVES. That means, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Christian lives….all lives matter. ALL LIVES. Even though I disagree with the tactics and divisiveness of Black Lives Matter I do understand hopelessness and lack of opportunity. I know what breeds desperation. This is true in many ghettos and underprivileged communities. Protests are born out of desperation. Way to solve problem and eliminate desperation is to create good jobs. Urban revitalization and opportunities. Job training. Long term solutions. Will solve our problem in our troubled cities. We are declaring right now today that we are determined more than ever to listen to cries of low income, at risk communities, we will solve the problems together TOGETHER, TOGETHER, TOGETHER. I really love this guy. He is a great preacher. He really brought church to the convention. He had the spirit in him for sure tonight.
5. Fran Tarkenton (some kind of sportsball player). Now they are back on the schedule posted to CSPAN. Fran is a man, not a woman. He is a man named Fran, not a boy called Sue. He’s talking about football and the Packers. The only thing I know about football and the Packers is that they have the most obviously gay quarterback ever in Aaron Rodgers, but I don’t know why he won’t just come out. If he came out, it would be the greatest thing to ever happen with him. Just all the gay football players come out all at once on the same day. Baseball too. Just all do it all at once. Be brave. Be honest. Be yourselves and stop pretending! Fran is now talking about how our nation is stuck on fear setting. Back when Fran was playing football, he had to work an off season job (pay was only $12,000/year). Small business America is heart and should of country. 40% of startups are started by blacks, hispanics, asians. 1/3 of small businesses started by immigrants, 40% by women. Government policies kill small businesses, especially in last 8 years. What the hell is going on here. Imagine with Donald Trump as president. 27 million job creating operations set free from regulations. Comes down to leadership. A leader gets stuff done. Has known Donald Trump for 48 years. He gets stuff done. He’s a builder. He understands that teams win. Individuals don’t. Builds great teams. Proven leader. Team builder. He knows how to get the best out of people, be a team mate. He succeeds wildly. He fails because we all fail but he gets back up and never quits. He can provide leadership to help us all make America great again. Make it great for everyone. Let’s go. Let’s go win this game together. TOGETHER! Let’s go make America great again!
6. Brock Mealer, motivational speaker. Was injured in car crash. Father and brother’s girlfriend died. He had faith in Jesus Christ that he would walk again. Had 1% chance of walking again. Blessed him wth fighting chance. Graduated from Ohio State University. So many blessings. God makes all things work for the good. Trump was told that he had a 1% chance of winning the nomination for president. We need to unite behind Trump. Make America one again.
VIDEO from Bobby Knight. Says he is Team Trump and you should be too.
7. Marsha Blackburn (Tennessee) from Congress. Make American One Again. Unify! Enough bloated budgets. Enough division. Enough nonsense and rhetoric. Enough of seeing everything go down. Enough taxes. American people have had it. They are ready for change! Ready for someone to take reins and bring us together! Donald Trump can get it done. Come in ahead of schedule and under budget. Trump has built things that last. Leader that knows our country is full of more than just assets. It is full of citizens who want leader who inspires. Leadership is hard fought. Not subject line in an email. Join Blackburn in electing Trump president. Has skills required to lead diverse nation. Help people achieve greatness. Believes in American dream. He has lived the American dream. Desire for greatness is not new. President Lincoln stood in Cleveland 155 years ago with call to bind together or perish apart. If all do not join now to save good ship of Union no one will ever have chance to pilot her on another voyage. We are in desperate need of true leadership and unity. Last 8 years a challenge to national and household budgets. Sacred honor to protect Constitution and protect us. Trump learns lessons, solves problems, delivers results. He worked in real world. Knows about cumbersome regulations and rules getting in way of greatness. Leadership is not as it appears but how it performs. Looks at mundane and sees magnificence. That is the magic of this country. Every day people with big ideas and big dreams can change the world. I’m not getting much worthwhile out of this speech…it’s just generic convention stuff. Could be anyone delivering this, at any convention. Blackburn seems like a nice lady and everything, but not sure the point of this. Unless it’s just that she looks like Hillary kind of, but speaks better. Is that why they picked so many blonde women for speaking slots? To create a negative comparison for Hillary?
8. Governor Mary Fallin (Oklahoma) I have a friend in Oklahoma who knows Gov Fallin. She’s a kind, considerate, and compassionate person who treats people really well. She’s a good and decent soul that someone I love vouches for. Fallin’s mom was the Mayor of Tecumseh, Oklahoma. Falling became first female Governor of Oklahoma. Says there was optimism back in the day. Talks about black Oklahomans who are heroes. From civil rights era. Says America has never been a perfect place but we were always united in belief that better days were ahead. We are losing sense of unity and optimism. We cannot allow hopelessness to become the new normal. People long for American dream. I really like Governor Fallin, but again this is a generic speech. Nothing but what is usually said at these conventions. Since she’s another blonde woman, I wonder if the purpose of this is just to have an image of a blonde woman talking because Hillary won’t be able to speak as well. So, are they trying to fill the scenes of the convention with blonde women just so that Hillary gets lost in the crowd of them?
9. Lisa Shin — Koreans for Trump. Optometrist. I like her. She is a good speaker. She reminds me of a professor I had named Dr. Chae in school. She came from South Korea 40 years ago. Her parents were immigrants who learned English, assimilated, and joined melting pot. Swore oath to support and defend Constitution. Parents endured countless hardships. To do and to be the unimaginable. Hillary Clinton is direct threat to American dream. Her proposals would be devastating to country. She has dangerous ideology. She lies all the time. She is everything wrong with the system. Deceit. Cronyism. Total lack of accountability. Extreme carelessness. She compromised safety and security. She flouted the rule of law. She overwhelmingly lost the trust of the American people. She is not qualified to be president because she lies so much and should not be commander in chief. Only one presidential candidate who will preserve American dream. Only one who will ensure prosperous and safe/secure future. Only one candidate who will defend core principles. TRUMP!
10. OUT OF ORDER (not speaking during scheduled slot, spoke earlier…looks like CSPAN’s schedule of speakers is not accurate). Jerry Fallwell Jr., says his father offered prayer years ago. Now he is offering prayer to help Trump win. Has lived in Virigina since 1600s. His wife is descendant of Washington. Knows where Thomas Jefferson’s summer home is. Life, liberty, pursuit of happiness. God given rights. Nation of citizen legislatures. Surveyors, architects, ministers, farmers, actors, people who were in private sector before government. Trump created jobs for thousands. He is the visionary of our time. Talks about taking Liberty University back to financial health. Trump will do the same thing for country. Trump family is genuine and loving. Trump is America’s Blue Collar Billionaire. Down to earth. Loves America. True patriot. Champion of common man. Repeal IRS rules from 1954 from churches expressing free speech. IRS turns blind eyes towards Leftwing ideology. Democrat vote indoctrination camps. Repeal of Johnson amendment will be huge revolution for free speech. We are at a crossroads. Must save the nation. Unite behind Donald Trump and Mike Pence. If you are conservative and you vote for third party or not vote, you are helping Hillary Clinton. If she is allowed to appoint SCOTUS justices that could be a fatal blow to our Republic. A vote for Trump is vote for right to bear arms. Stop Iran and stop destruction of Israel. Appoint pro-life justices to SCOTUS. his father had dreamed about Chelsea Clinton interviewing him: three great threats are Osama, Obama, and your Momma. Osama gone. Obama has 6 months left. And only way to make America great again is to tell Chelsea’s momma that she is fired. Only way to do that is to elect Donald Trump as President and Mike Pence as Vice President.
— There was a big part here where they played music for a while and then they played a video. The video was about 2014 elections and the freshmen senators who won that year. —
Reince Preibus comes out and thanks Cleveland for hospitality. He thanks his wife and kids. Says Republican party carries torch of liberty. He does the shouting into the microphone thing that Scott Walker did yesterday. Why can’t someone tell these guys not to shout into microphones? He’s delivering a generic party convention speech. Shouting it the whole time. This is good opportunity for me to make a snack and take a break while I wait for the really good speakers. Preibus is very dull. Maybe that’s why he shouts. He’s a generic Republican, boring person. This is the kind of person that people don’t want to come out and vote for. He lowers the excitement in a room because all he says is generic things and just shouts. It’s really lame. Trump needs to fire him and hire a good person to run RNC.
11. Peter Thiel, the man who took down Gawker, founder of PayPal. He’s someone I really wanted to hear from. I hope he uses his money to fund other projects, like something to go after all the Media lies. Need a new network that tells the truth and doesn’t report lies all the time. His name is pronounced TEEL. Talks about working in Silicone Valley. Small island of prosperity. He’s really handsome. And I am not just saying that because he is a billionaire. His parents were immigrants and came to Cleveland! He was 1 year old, became American in Cleveland. I didn’t know that. His dad went to Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland in 1970s. That’s so awesome he lived in Cleveland. He’s talking about how the US used to be a leader in exploration etc. Hillary’s incompetence pushed for wars that setup training ground for ISIS. Time to end era of stupid wars and rebuild country. When he was a kid, it was about how to defeat Soviets. Now the big debate is about who gets to use which bathroom. WHO CARES. Every American has a unique identity. Proud to be gay. Proud to be Republican. Proud to be American. Fake culture wars only distract us from economic decline. Trump is only one being honest about it. He is from Cleveland and bright future it promised. Lead us back to bright future. Then there was video narrated by Don Jr. about Trump construction projects.
12. Tom Barrack, CEO Colony Capital. Says he feels like an anchovy appetizer before Ivanka comes out to speak. He’s the deceased at the Irish wake, needs to be there to get things started but no one expects him to say much. Son of Lebanese grocer from California. THIS GUY IS GREAT SPEAKER. Talks about Donald as a person. Who is he? What is he made of? He talks about how fantastic Donald’s kids are. Litmus test of any parent is the children. Learn how to be a man by watching father. Tells personal stories about Trump. He’s a great speaker because he speaks extemporaneously, not teleprompter. First story, about Trump going to a fight, Tyson/Holmes. Man told Trump his son was ill. Trump wrote nice note to the boy. Has presence to focus on the littlest guy in the shop. Second story, Fred Trump funeral. Donald’s father. Wanted to leave legacy of Trump name better than how he found it. Globalism has crumbled…needs jeweler to polish and restore. Put everything back together into necklace of prosperity and tolerance. Businessman, celebrity, father, president. Like Michener tale. United in one voice, make it happen. Make him president. Then there is more music from the band. And John Voigt has a narration of a movie about Trump’s NYC projects. Helped revitalize and save New York. Fixed the Central Park ice rink problem. Comes in, saves the day. Cuts through red tape. Saves the city millions. Creates a strong team. Taught his children the real estate business and made them part of team. Trump has a big heart. He takes care of people.
13. Ivanka Trump is introduced to the song Here Comes the Sun. So gorgeous! Her father is the people’s nominee. Like millennials, Ivanka says she does not see things as one party or the other but votes for best person and that is her father. Millennials are not party loyal. Change must come from outside the system. Trump is fighter. He dug deeper, worker harder, became stronger, won primaries. Fights for family. Fights for employees and company. Fights for our country. Story of life and spirit of campaign. America needs to know what it is like to win again. Trump is famous but is not well known. Remembers playing in her father’s office and learning from him as child. Great talent is to see potential in people. Potential vanishes into nothing without effort. Must work for betterment of world around us. Trump tears stories out of newspaper of good people, would write note in black pen, invite people to Trump Tower, find them a job and get them a break. Leave office feeling like life could be great again. Empathy and generosity towards others, he will be in your corner when you are down. He has kindness and compassion. Be leader that the country needs. Sense of fairness. Seen how he operates as leader. Shape careers. Change lives. Construction site is meritocracy. Incompetence is impossible to hide. Melting pots. Unite to single mission. Father’s job sites always had all ethnicities and women too. real knowledge and skill. Color blind and gender neutral. Hires best person for job period. Not a builder without building to show for it. Trump has whole city skylines. Trump has success in many industries. He listens to everyone. He talks to everyone. He gets feedback. Ability. Effort. Excellence. Philosophy of Trump organization. More female than male executives at Trump. Paid equally. Mothers are taken care of. Father will change labor laws to focus on making quality childcare affordable and accessible for all. Should be norm for country to have mothers taken care of. He knows what to do. Equal pay for equal work. Ivanka will fight alongside him. Need economy that allows people to rise again. Restore American tradition of giving each new generation hope for more than the generation that came before. When Trump says he will build a tower, it will appear. Real people hired to do real work. Vision becomes reality. He will make America great again. He will deliver. We have chance to reclaim heritage of being country that dreams big. Trump does not think small. THINK BIG. Take on bold and worthy fights. Set lofty goals. When Trump is in your corner, he will fight for you all the time every time all the way. He will not let you down. Trump cannot stand to see empty streets. He wants people to have the chance to overcome. Trump says I will fight for you, not just feel for you. Hardworking men and women identify with Trump. He is optimist and relentless believer in America. Loves family and country with whole heart and soul. Judge my father by his results. His children. His towers and his companies. His employees. Most qualified person to serve as CEO of economy. Will call upon the best and brightest. A new set of thinkers to face problems with fresh perspectives. Come January 17 all things are possible again. Trump will be greatest and truest and most loyal champion. Fighter. Doer. Moment in our country has an extraordinary man. Earn trust, earn votes. Our next president…Donald J. Trump!
14. President (candidate) Donald Trump. WOW! What an introduction. Trump accepts nomination for the presidency. The crowd goes wild. Cheering! USA! USA! USA! USA! Who would have believed when we started journey June 16th of last year? 14 million votes. Most in history of GOP. Democrats had 20% fewer votes than 4 years ago. Not so good. We will lead back to White House. Country back to safety and peace and prosperity. Country of generosity and warmth but also country of law and order. We face dangers. Americans watching have seen violence in streets and chaos in communities. Many witnessed personally and been victims. I have a message: crime and violence will come to an end. Beginning Jan 20th, safety will be restored. Most basic duty of govt is to protect people. Finally time for straightforward assessment of state of our nation. Will present facts plainly and honestly. Can’t afford to be politically correct anymore. HUGE CHEERS. If you want to hear corporate spin or lies and media myths, democrats will have convention next week. Go there. Here, at our convention, there will be no lies. Honor Americans with truth and nothing else. USA USA USA USA USA USA. These are the facts, decades of progress in bringing down crime are being reversed. Homicides up by 17% in our largest cities. Largest increase in 25 years. In DC, killings have risen by 50%. In Chicago, 2,000+ people victims of shooting this year and 4,000 killed since Obama took office. Number of police officers killed risen 50%. 180,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records roam free to threaten peaceful citizens. Number of illegals crossing this year is already higher than 2015 and they are being released by tens of thousands into communities with no regard for impact. BUILD THAT WALL. BUILD THAT WALL. BUILD THAT WALL. One border crosser went to Nebraska and ended life of one young girl, day after graduating college, valedictorian. Killer was released second time. Fugitive from law. Met Sarah’s family. Obama Regime did not protect. Open Borders did this. What about our economy? Nearly 4 in 10 black children in poverty and 58% of black youth not employed. 2 million latinos in poverty now since 4 years ago. Household income down more than $4,000 since 2000. Trade deficit is 800B last year alone. We are going to fix that. Budget is no better. Obama had doubled national debt to $19T and growing. What do we have to show for it. Roads and bridges falling apart. Airports like third world. 43 million Americans on food stamps. Not only have we endured domestic disasters, but international humiliation too. Our sailers forced to knees by Iran at gunpoint. Prior to signing of Iran deal that gave $150B to Iran. It gave us nothing. Once of worst deals ever negotiated. Obama drew a red line in Syria and it meant nothing. In Libya, our consulate was brought down in flames. America is less safe and world less stable than when Obama made Hillary Clinton in charge of American foreign policy. LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP, LOCK HER UP. Let’s defeat her in November. I am certain it was a decision that Obama regrets making her Secretary of State. Bad instincts and bad judgment. Let’s review her record. 2009, pre-Hillary, ISIS not on map. Libya was stable. Egypt peaceful. Iraq had reduction in violence. Iran was choked by sanctions. Syria under control. After Hillary: ISIS spread across region and world. Libya in ruins. Ambassador and staff killed. Egypt turned over to Islam. Iraq in chaos. Iran on path to nukes. Syria has civil war. Islam threatens West. After trillions spent and lives lost, situation is worse than ever before. This is the legacy of Hillary: death, destruction, terrorism, and weakness. But Hillary legacy does not have to be America’s legacy. Poverty, war, destruction. We cannot rely on politicians who created probs in first place. We need change of leadership to produce change in outcomes. Tonight I will share my plan for action for America. Our plan will put America first.
Americanism and not Globalism will be our credo. We need to put America first. We need other nations to treat America with respect that we deserve. American people will come first once again. Safety at home. Safe neighborhoods, secure borders, protection from terrorism. Law and order. On the economy, I will outline reforms to add new jobs and new wealth to rebuild America. Reforms will be opposed by special interests who have rigged political and economic system. Big business and media and donors want Hillary because she will keep rigged system in place. They have total control over every thing she does. She is their puppet. They pull her strings. Hillary’s message is that things will never change. Never ever.
Things have to change. They have to change right now. Every day Trump wakes up determined to deliver better life for people who were ignored, neglected and abandoned. Communities crushed by trade deals. Forgotten men and women of our country. They will not be forgotten much longer. Trump will be their voice. Politicians put personal agendas before public good. How great are our police and how great is Cleveland? I have no patience for injustice or govt incompetence. When the innocent suffer because govt lacks decency or sells out to lobbyists, I am not able to look the other way and I won’t look the other way.
When Sec of State commits crimes, deletes things to cover crimes, puts country at risk, lies about it all the time, and faces no consequence I know that corruption has reached level like never ever before in our country. When FBI Director says Sec of State was extremely careless and negligent that these terms are minor compared to what she did. They saved her from facing justice for her terrible terrible crimes. Her single greatest accomplishment might be committing egregious crimes and getting away with it. Others not let off hook. Traded favors and access for millions. Time for action has come. I joined political arena so powerful cannot beat up on people who cannot defend selves. Nobody knows system better than me which is why I alone can fix it. I have seen first hand how system was rigged just like it was rigged against Bernie Sanders. His supporters will join our movement to fix trade deals that strip our wealth. Millions of Democrats will join our movement because we will fix system so it will work justly for all.
Next Vice President Mike Pence of Indiana. He is man of character and accomplishment. First task will be to liberate citizens from crime and terrorism. America shocked to core when police in Dallas executed. Continued threats and violence against law enforcement. Law officers shot and killed in recent days. All over. More police were gunned down in Baton Rouge. An attack on law enforcement is an attack on all Americans. Message to all threatening police, when I take the oath of office I will restore law and order to our country. I will work with and appoint best and brightest to get the job properly done. I am the law and order candidate.
The irresponsible rhetoric of Obama to divide us by race and color has made America dangerous. This administration has failed our inner cities. Failed the inner cities. Failed on education, failed on jobs, failed on crime. Failed in every way and on every level. Trump will work so that all are treated equally and protected equally. Every action Trump takes will ask does this make better for young Americans in inner cities who have the same right to live out dreams as any other child. To make life safe must address threats from outside country. We will defeat the barbarians of Islam and defeat them fast. Once again, France is the victim of Islam. Men women and children mowed down by Islam. Damage and devastation inflicted by Islam proven over and over. NYC. San Bernadino. Ft. Hood. Many other locations.
In Orlando, 49 people murdered by Islam. This time targeted LGBTQAI community. We are going to stop it. As president I will do everything in my power to protect LGBTQAI citizens from Islam. TRUMP IS ON THE WAY! TRUMP IS ON THE WAY! I have to say as a republican to see you cheering for what I just said. Crowd goes wild. Cheers. To protect from Islam, must focus on three things. Need best gathering of intelligence. Abandon failed policies of nation building and regime change that Hillary pushes. Instead we must work with allies who share goal of stamping out Islam and doing it now, doing it quickly. We will win and we will win fast. This includes working with greatest ally, the state of Israel. NATO is obsolete because it does not cover terror. Many member countries do not pay fair share. As usual the US picks up the cost.
NATO will be setting up new program to combat terrorism. That is step in right direction. We must immediately suspend immigration from any nation compromised by terrorism until vetting mechanisms put in place. We do not want them in our country. We do not want what happened to Europe to happen here. Hillary wants 550% increased in Muslim immigration on top of existing massive flows already under Obama. She wants this despite no way to screen them to see who they are or where they come from. I only want to admit individuals who support our values an love our people. Anyone who endorses violence, hatred or opposition are not welcome and never ever will be. Decades of record immigration have produced lower wages and higher unemployment. We are going to have an immigration system that works for the American people.
Illegal immigrants kill our citizens. Mothers and fathers lose their children to violence spilling across our borders. We can solve it. We have to solve it. Families have no special interests to represent them. No demonstrators to protect them or protest for them. Hillary will never meet with them. She wants sanctuary cities. Where was sanctuary for Kate Steinley. Where for the children killed? We can solve this problem so quickly. We need to stop the murders and suffering. Wounded American families have been alone but are not alone any longer. We will stand in their corner and support them and pledge in their honor to save families from suffering and same awful fate. We are going to build a great border wall to stop illegal immigration and gangs and violence and drugs. Endorsed by border patrol agents. Will protect our lawful immigration system. Lawful system. End catch and release and human smuggling. Illegal border crossings will end. It won’t be happening anymore. Peace will be restored by enforcing the rules. Our laws will finally receive the respect they deserve. Listen closely to Trump’s words: day Trump takes office, Americans will finally wake up in country where laws of United States are enforced.
We will be considerate and compassionate but start with our own struggling citizens. USA USA USA USA USA USA My plan is the exact opposite of the dangerous policies of Hillary Clinton. Americans want relief form uncontrolled immigration. Hillary wants mass immigration, mass amnesty, mass lawlessness. She wants to overwhelm communities. Make it harder for recent immigrants to escape poverty and join middle class. Vision for workers need fair trade policy. Stands up to countries that cheat, of which there are many. Moment I take office. I have made billions making deals. I am now going to make our country rich again. Greatest business people in world will turn bad agreements into great trade agreements. We have lost 1/3 of manufacturing jobs because of the Clintons. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA, one of worst deals ever. Never again. Trump will bring back our jobs to Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, and Michigan. Will not let companies move to other countries without consequence anymore. Hillary wants every trade agreement that destroys middle class and she let China into world trade organization. Job killing deals. TransPacific Partnership that will destroy our jobs and put foreign governments over us. Trump will never sign deal that diminishes our freedom and independence. America first again.
Taxes simplified and reduced for everyone. America is one of highest taxed nations in world. Reducing taxes will cause businesses to come roaring back. Must deal with job killing regulation. End red tape. Lift restrictions on production of energy. job creating economic activity. Hillary wants to put coal and steel out of business. Steel workers and miners are going back to work again. Will build infrastructure. Millions of more jobs. Will rescue kids from failing schools. Make schools safer. Have a choice. Hillary wants to protect bureaucrats and Common Core. That’s what she does. Get rid of OBAMACARE. Repeal and replace. Choose own doctor again. Fix TSA at airports and end that disaster. Going to work with all students drowning in debt. Tremendous problem. Completely rebuild depleted military. Countries we protect will pay their fair share. Take care of our veterans like never before. Hillary is out of touch. Every department head in government will eliminate wasteful spending in first 100 days (just like in movie Dave). Trump is going to do it.
YES YOU WILL. YES YOU WILL. YES YOU WILL.
Going to appoint justice to uphold our laws and Constitution. Replacement of Scalia will be someone similar to him. Most important issue decided by election. Hillary wants to abolish second amendment. Trump received endorsement of NRA. Protect right to keep families safe. Thanks evangelical and religious community. Amazing support. Will not let them down. Will change laws to allow religious to speak minds from pulpits. Take away IRS power to strip tax status. Protect free speech for all Americans. Can accomplish great things and more. Believe in ourselves and our country again. Start believing.
Time to show whole world that America is back and bigger and better and stronger before. Lucky to have Melania and children. Thinks of his father. Respect dignity of work. Dignity of working people. Mother Mary was kind and charitable person and judge of character. Sisters and brothers. Have had a great life in business. Now going to work for the country and going to work for us. Victory for American people. We are going to start winning again. To do that must break free of petty politics. Need to get rid of censors and critics and cynics. Do not listen to the naysayers. We love defeating them. They want to keep rigged system in place. Must believe in America. History is watching. Will we rise to occasion and show whole world America is free and independent and strong. Trump will be our champion in the White House.
Hillary asks supporters to recite loyalty pledge. Trump says: I’m with you, the American people. Trump is your voice. Trump is with us. He will fight for us. He will win for us. Trump promises to make America strong again, proud again, safe again. Make America great again. God Bless and good night.
15. Wrap-up and goodbye to Cleveland
If you enjoyed this recap and the other writing on this site, please consider reading our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. You can also ask your local public library wherever you live to order the book for its collection. We’d love to see the book carried in as many libraries as possible because the American Library Association has made our book the #1 Banned Book in America by aggressively trying to suppress, censor, and ban it and keep the book out of your hands, since it spills the beans on every bad thing that the ALA has been doing as part of George Soros’ plot to transform American communities by transforming libraries and sexualizing children against their parents’ wishes.
In 2013, Megan Fox and I caught a local public library covering up sex crimes happening in the building, including child pornography being accessed but the library staff deliberately chose not to call the police. We filed Freedom of Information Act Requests to obtain the library’s internal documents and also police records to piece together how big of a problem was ongoing in this Chicago suburb. Instead of handing over the document as they were required to do by law, the library and the entire Village of Orland Park decided to fight us. Chief Timothy J. McCarthy and the Orland Park Police engaged in a pattern and practice of harassing Megan and me, to try to scare us off this case and make us drop our investigation. We had to take the Village and the library to court to get the documents we wanted. The Police Department violated the law and ended up having to settle with us for $12,000 over its violations, all committed as part of Chief McCarthy’s plan to stymie us or scare us away. The American Library Association got involved and encouraged a library employee to file a meritless SLAPP lawsuit to scare us away. So, Megan and I had to defend our First Amendment rights in federal court. The library tried censoring and silencing us. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us. Chief McCarthy’s police officers threatened us. Library employees and their families targeted Megan for online harassment and someone left dead animals in her yard and vandalized her car. The police would do nothing to stop the harassment, as local government circled the wagons to protect itself and keep the truth from the public. In the end, we discovered YEARS worth of sex crimes that went unreported. Women sexually harassed in that library. Women and children sexually stalked. Men openly masturbating at computers. Child pornography being allowed to be viewed without police being called. That’s why they fought so hard to silence us, threaten us, scare us, and bully us. They didn’t want any of this getting out. We have it all documented in our book. I hope you read it. It’s currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, as the American Library is putting out enormous pressure on libraries to NOT carry the book…even though it’s the only book we can find that’s ever been written that exposes criminal activity and cover-ups in public libraries.
They did everything they could to use except murder us.
[h/t Governor Palin for sharing this video, “Road to Nowhere,” via Breitbart today.]
Ted Cruz is someone who has always given me the creeps and heebie-jeebies, though I’ve never been able to figure out why. His wife Heidi also sets of warning bells in my brain, though to a lesser extent. She comes across to me as someone who is married to a very strange and bizarre man and the oddness about her fits with her being a woman who protects the secret(s) of her strange husband. Cruz jives perfectly with being a man whose face strains to hide something dark and unacceptable that he conceals from the world. I just have never been able to figure out what that secret is.
I don’t think that Cruz is secretly gay, because that’s a totally different sort of look on a man’s face. Closeted gay men give themselves away in their eyes and other gay men (at least) can see that they are diverting great energy to obsessively ensuring that no one figures out their secret when they are talking and interacting with others. It’s like a computer whose memory and operating system resources are being diverted to the BUTCH IT UP program, and everything else runs clunkily as a result. One great example of this is Lindsey Graham, because you have to be blind not to see it in his face, especially around the Bette Davis eyes:
But, this is not what I see when I look at Ted Cruz. I don’t think that Cruz is gay, or even bi, but I think he’s hiding something else and Heidi’s clearly in on whatever that secret is and protects it for Cruz.
Over the last year, several people have brought this topic up in conversation with me separately. Every time it’s happened, the person wanting to speculate on what Cruz’s secret could be had reached a point where he or she just couldn’t take it any longer…they all had to talk about it with someone, but they didn’t want to gossip. Ted Cruz is a sitting United States Senator and he ran for president…and like him or not people wanted to give him respect. I think everyone can tell that there is something off and something wrong about Cruz, but no one wanted to offer any private theories on what his secret could be. Though everyone agreed he looked like he’s hiding SOMETHING. Here’s a rundown of some of the theories for what Ted Cruz could be hiding:
1. More than one person has raised the question whether Ted Cruz is a cross-dresser at home. There’s something about his face where he looks like he recently was wearing makeup. If you know any drag queens, even when they are dressed as men and are not performing, their faces look like they were wearing makeup yesterday. The makeup doesn’t totally come off, or their faces just become so used to wearing the makeup that it leaves an impression. I’ve never done drag, so I’m not sure exactly how this works. But several people I know have wondered if at home Ted becomes Teddi and if Heidi helps him apply his makeup or shops for his alter ego’s clothes. He’s straight…but enjoys cross-dressing. He wants to stay a male and is not transgender, but enjoys dressing up like a woman when no one else is around. The Amazon Prime tee-vee show Transparent has characters like this; one memorable episode from Season One (Ep:8, “Best New Girl”) was a flashback to the 1980s, where Jeffrey Tabor’s cross-dressing character Mort heads to a wilderness retreat with other married men who like to wear women’s clothes. None of them identify as gay and even get upset and puff up when someone would imply that they were gay. They insisted they were real men…who just enjoyed dolling themselves up to unwind and relax. Many of these men brought their wives along to the retreat, where they helped them with their makeup and wigs and accessorizing their fancy outfits. I can easily picture Ted and Heidi Cruz being part of a group like this. Watch just this episode for yourself and see if you get the same vibe.
2. Since there is a difference between being a transvestite (a man who enjoys wearing women’s clothes but wants to stay a man) and being transexual (a man who wants to change his gender to female), perhaps Ted Cruz’s dark secret that telegraphs across his face is that he in his heart is a transexual but can never admit it openly or do anything about it. If you remember Bruce Jenner before he became glamorous socialite Caitlyn Jenner, Bruce always had a strained, strange look on his face that telegraphed that something was not right about him. Now that he’s transitioned into Caitlyn, that look on his face is gone. It was replaced by relief and happiness. A lot of people I know have mocked Caitlyn (and Bruce for transitioning into Caitlyn), but I beg you to be charitable towards her and to respect her transition. Here in Chicago, I personally know several transmen (people who were born female and raised as girls but who felt they were in the wrong bodies and transitioned into living their lives as males later in life). In pictures from when they were living as female, there is a clear sense of “off” and “struggle” on their faces that is completely gone now that they have transitioned. I don’t know any transgender male-t0-female people, but using the Caitlyn Jenner example, it jives with the transmen that I do know. I wonder if Ted Cruz is someone tortured by the fact that he, like Bruce Jenner, would like to transition into being female but because he is a public figure he knows he can never do that. In one of the interviews that Caitlyn gave after debuting for the first time in her glamorous socialite form (as opposed to the Olympic athlete that Bruce Jenner was), she revealed that Bruce’s wife Kris Jenner knew that s/he was transgendered and supported him/her for years, helping him/her shop and learn how to do her makeup and how to wear wigs etc. When no one else was home, Bruce would put on fancy cocktail dresses and glam himself up as Caitlyn and Kris would be loving and supportive and help Caitlyn emerge. Is Heidi Cruz doing something similar for her husband Ted at home, though Ted knows he can never transition publicly and live his life as a woman the way that Olympian Bruce transitioned into socialite Caitlyn? Look at Bruce’s face before he transitioned: do you see similarities to the struggle on Ted Cruz’s face? When I look at old photos of Bruce, his face is hiding a secret different from Lindsey Graham (who is closeted gay). Ted Cruz’s weird face to me looks more like Bruce’s than Lindsey’s, leading me to believe that it’s more likely that Ted hides a transgender or transvestite secret than being secretly gay.
3. If we assume that Ted Cruz is not secretly gay or a transvestite or transgender, then what else could his secret be? The next option would be that he is into really weird sexual things that he doesn’t want the world to know about (and I don’t much want to think about here at breakfast time). Every year in Chicago, there is a leather fetish festival called IML (International Mr. Leather). This is held over Memorial Day weekend downtown and people come from all over the world to participate. Men who are doctors, lawyers, accountants, school teachers, etc. and have to live a buttoned-down, buttoned-up life hiding their passions and perversions have this one weekend a year to let their freak flags fly. Some guys who come to IML just like walking around bare chested in harnesses with ass-less leather chaps and leather police hats and wearing chains and all of that, like a Tom of Finland drawing. Others are into deeper fetishes, like dressing up as a dog and being treated like a dog; drinking other people’s urine; dressing up as a “pony” and pretending to be a horse or some other animal; wearing diapers and bibs and pretending to be an “Adult Baby Diaper Lover” (ABDL); or just engaging in the kind of Bondage or Domination play that the public got a largely vanilla taste of in that 50 Shades of Grey book series. The people who are into these kinds of fetishes give off a vibe that they are into something that they have to hide. For the 51 weeks a year when they are NOT at IML, if you encounter these people at the supermarket or dentist’s office or library or wherever, they would be running a program in their heads that goes PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT…hoping you never pick up any clues or figure out whatever dark thing they are into sexually with their fetish. The more money these people have, the more elaborate their indulging of the fetish. For instance, some of these people who are doctors or lawyers or businessmen have well-stocked and expensive leather dungeons and play rooms in their homes; these are locked rooms full of various sex toys and equipment, themed to whatever their personal fetish is. A lot of these men are married and their wives allow them to have one weekend a year to go “play” in Chicago. If you see photos of them taken during the 51 weeks a year when they have to hide who they really are and compare it to what their faces look like during IML, it is night and day. When they are able to turn off the program running in the background devoted to PLEASE DON’T FIGURE IT OUT, their faces relax and the “off” vibe goes away. Could Ted Cruz have an ABDL fetish, where he dresses up in Pampers and rolls around on the floor with a pacifier in his mouth in a secret nursery he’s built inside his mansion, with his wife Heidi participating and playing along as his “mommy,” feeding and changing and and spanking him? There are stranger people who attend IML…and Cruz sure would have the resources to keep such a secret hidden.
4. Is Cruz’s secret darker? I hate to say it, but he’s always given me a Norman Bates/serial killer kind of vibe. People who have this don’t necessarily have to have actually killed, but could be a serial killer who just never had the opportunity in life to act on that. These people seem to be those who listen to dark, heavy metal music behind closed doors or watch torture porn or other extreme videos when no one can see them. Is that Cruz’s secret? Is he into sick, depraved things and does Heidi enable this and look the other way for her husband? Remember that episode of Friends where Monica thought Chandler was into shark porn and enjoyed masturbating to videos of bloody shark attacks? She loved him at that point, and was willing to let him gratify himself to JAWS if it meant saving their relationship. Is Ted Cruz into something incredibly weird that Heidi allows and facilitates (or looks the other way over) to keep their marriage going? Wives do this kind of thing all the time.
5. Does Cruz have delusions or mental illness that he keeps hidden from the world but Heidi knows about? Many years ago, I worked in a bookstore while in college and one of the regular customers was strange but I never could figure out why I thought he was strange. Other people who worked in the store with me liked him; he was a grandfatherly type and was a regular customer who would always buy whatever Preferred Reader card or other dumb stuff that corporate would make us sell to people. But when he talked to you, there was a weirdness in his eyes and I started to feel like he was wearing a costume when he walked around as the grandfatherly guy…and that inside he was something else entirely or saw himself as something different or had something else totally going on behind the eyes. I didn’t know what his deal was, but the more encounters I had with this guy the more that I started to figure out that when he was talking to one of us in the store that inside his head something else was playing on a screen in his brain behind his eyes. And then one day it happened. The store was mostly empty near closing time. I was shelving books in the religious section, and the nice grandfatherly guy started talking to me about the apocalypse. This was in 1995 or so, before the Internet. Back then, the only people who talked about the apocalypse were people who were traumatized as kids in the 50s/60s with the Cold War’s “The Russians Are Going to Nuke Us, So Learn to Hide Under Your Desks!” scaremongering. These were people who would wait until they got to know you well before they would take you into their confidence and tell you about their conspiracy theories about how the world was destined to end. Because they knew that once they shared this secret with you that you would most likely think they were crazy and not speak to them again, they were very careful with whom they brought into their confidence. That grandfatherly man had a very complicated apocalypse scenario he shared with me one night, involving demons and Soviets and nukes and the Gates of Hell opening and the Rapture (which I heard about for the first time from him) etc. It went on for a good 15 minutes and his face changed during that time. He unburdened himself and the strained visage that seemed tortured by secrets disappeared and this sense of calm spread across his face. He let me in on what he was hiding, and it was that he was completely absorbed by his conspiracy theory/apocalypse nightmare. This is who this man really was…and it took all his effort normally to hide the passion for death and destruction that he kept playing in his brain behind the grandfatherly facade. When I did not share in his zeal for apocalypse and he realized it, he got nasty with me, stomped off, and never spoke to me again because he decided I was “too stupid” to see the truth.
In life, if someone gives you the creeps or if you have a vibe that someone is “off,” then I believe you should trust your instincts. If you think someone is hiding something but you can’t figure out what it is, then that person is probably hiding something (though you may never know what it is). Ted Cruz has always concerned me because his face tells me that he is hiding something, but I don’t know what it is. I do get the feeling that whatever he is hiding it is worse than what normal politicians are hiding. I also believe that his wife Heidi is in on it, knows what it is, enables Cruz, and helps him hide it from the public.
Maybe he’s wearing a bra and panties set under his suits. Maybe he’s a woman trapped in the body of a man like socialite Caitlyn Jenner was trapped inside Olympian Bruce. Maybe Ted Cruz is secretly an adult baby and is only happy when dolled up and pampered by Heidi in an oversized crib in their basement. Perhaps Cruz is into shark porn or walks around all day convinced that today is the day that the Rapture is going to happen and it takes every ounce of self-control not to shout that at the top of his lungs like lunatics do on the street corners of Chicago.
There is something very wrong about this man that has always made me want to stay away from him and his wife. I’ve just never been able to figure out what it is. But, it’s certainly something. And whatever it is, it is BAD.
Do you see this too? What are your theories on what Cruz could be hiding?
WHAT: Day Three, Republican Convention in Cleveland (my hometown…jealous?)
WHEN: Starts at 630pm CST on 7/20/16
WHY: Watching all of it so you can read recap and do other things with your lives (because we are friends like this)
1. So, here we go again. Day Three. I will live stream all of the prime time speeches tonight, taking notes and pointing out equal parts awesomeness and/or absurdity, as I see it. If you enjoy these recaps, please let me know in comments or email me. I don’t mind doing this as long as you get some use out of it. I’m also 90% sure I’m going to do the Democrat Convention too, just to have a complete sets of notes for all of this…and also I am curious how awful it will be. As a former Democrat (the party left me when it veered Left back in 2008 and no longer had a place for people who weren’t crazed Alinskyites), it will be strange for me to see how insane everything has gotten in the party. I’m sure it will be stomach-turning. There will be a lot of lies to document. As far as the Republican side, I haven’t heard much of anything that upset me, except Paul Ryan stupidly using the words “liberal” and “progressive” last night. I think anyone who uses these words in the year 2016 is the stupidest of fools. I love Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh and admire them so much, but they are also stupid and are foolish to ever use the words “liberal” or “progressive.” That would be like Burger King calling McDonalds’ food “delicious” and “yummy” in commercials that Burger Kind pays to air. Why on earth would anyone use the words that the opponent wants them to use? Why would you ever make your existential nemesis SOUND APPEALING to people? I do not understand the mental illness or brain defect that afflicts Paul Ryan and others when they do this, but you should only call Democrats LEFTISTS. It’s the party of the Left. It is the Democrat Party (and never say Democratic either…because, again, why give them an appealing adjective?). They are Democrats. Not Democratics. Therefore, they are the Democrat party. Words matter. Not sure why conservatives don’t understand this.
2. Listen to how much more effective everything is when you do get it though. This guy, Paul Joseph Watson, is the greatest thing on two legs. I turned 40 this summer. But this guy makes me feel like I am 16 and I am desperate for him to ask me to the prom. I want to wear his letterman’s jacket. Great Merciful Zeus, if I ever met a guy like Paul Joseph Watson in real life and he was into me too, we would totally have one of those super obnoxious civil union ceremonies that the Media loves pushing in everyone’s faces. You’d be invited. Everybody and their small purse dog and transgendered mailman would be invited. Apologies to my boyfriend Justin, but even he would understand. There is nothing sexier on this entire planet than a man who uses the correct terminology for the Left and just comes at them with a sledgehammer the way that Paul Joseph Watson does. He has three names because clearly his awesomeness could not be contained or accurately described with merely two. Just listen to how impactful what he says is…and then think of how much less effective and/or stupid/foolish it would be if he used “liberal” or “progressive” instead of LEFTIST. Words matter. Sexiness matters, too, if we’re being real. We need so many more guys like this out there every single day. We need so many fewer people still using “delicious,” “liberal,” “yummy,” or “progressive” to describe Democrats.
3. Presentation of Colors at 635pm CST by Boy Scouts from Rocky River (a cool suburb of Cleveland near the lake, parts of which look like Maine or New England and are super charming). Star Spangled Banner is sung by a very nice person. But she ain’t no Whitney Houston. Not a day of my life goes by that I do not thank a generous God in an awesome Heaven for giving us Whitney Houston for 48 years. That voice. That rendition of the national anthem. Proof there is a God and that he loves us very, very, very much.
Top that, Canada. Or Papua New Guinea. Or whatever. Just try and top that. I dare you. Best. National. Anthem. Ever.
4. Here’s the lineup for tonight. Who are you looking forward to hear from?
5. I’m looking forward to hearing Attorney General Pam Bondi, Governor Scott Walker, Eric Trump, Newt Gingrich, and Mike Pence. Not sure why Callista Gingrich shoehorns herself into these things. What does she bring to the table? If Newt becomes Trump’s chief of staff, will she be there too? Maybe I am missing something. Even Harrison Ford doesn’t bring Callista Flockhart to as many things as Newt brings his Callista. Maybe there are surprises planned for tonight, but this looks like the least fun of any night. It will be hard to top the quasi-religious experience that was last night’s Chris Christie GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY? performance. I almost want to stay up all night writing fan fiction based on that, set in a future where Christie spends the next four years aggressively investigating and prosecuting the Clintons, using stadiums around the country to get people to shout GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! on a national tour.
6. Well, this was an improvement from the band last night. Hellllllllllllo, nurse.
7. Band is singing about a Burning Ring of Fire. Nice throwback to Ben Carson’s speech about Democrats worshiping Lucifer by way of Saul Alinksy. The Left is really upset about that speech today, but you either believe the Devil is real or you don’t. I not only believe he’s real, but I’ve seen true evil manifest in this world. Megan Fox and I fought evil for THREE STRAIGHT YEARS on the ground here in Chicago. We fought Democrats in Chicago who wanted child pornography to be available in a public library in the suburbs, and they refused to stop what they were doing…and chose to come after us instead. If that’s not evil, I don’t know what is. If evil and the Devil exists, the next logical step is to realize that God exists. God is real and is the opposite of evil. It’s up to us to choose sides, to choose who we serve. We’re given a few years on this planets, the blink of a cosmic eye, to do the best we can for whatever side we choose. In recent years Democrats have clearly made their choice to serve Lucifer and all the horrors he wants to bring to this world. Republicans have more or less served the Chamber of Commerce, but I believe that Donald J. Trump is an imperfect man who wants to cast his lot with the forces of good. The fact that so many people in BOTH parties want to stop him means that he’s the right man for the right job at this moment in time. Did I ever imagine that I would be supporting Donald Trump for anything? No…but that’s why God has such an awesome sense of humor. I’ve been on so many adventures in the last few years that blew my mind, with incredible twists and turns that had God’s fingerprints all over them. He meant for Megan and me to fight evil in Orland Park and win. I believe he wants Donald Trump to win this election too. It has been a rollercoaster with God pressing a thumb on the tracks, tilting it all in the direction it was meant to go, as wild a ride as it’s been.
8. Rick Scott, Governor of Florida. He thanks everyone for supporting Florida after Islam’s massacre of 50 people in the Orlando gay bar. He’s talking about terrorism. How many times will Islam’s evil have to happen before America faces the truth? How many Orlandos, Ft. Hoods, San Bernadinos, or World Trade Centers have to happen? This war is real. It is here in America. The next president must destroy Islam. It is the great evil in our world. Donald Trump is the man for that job. Scott has known Trump for many years. America is in record high debt. Economy is not growing. Jobs going overseas. Military allowed to decay. Washington grows while the rest of American struggles. Democrats led us off a cliff. He’s right. Perhaps Donald is not police and he is too direct. He is from New York and that is how people are there. Get used to that. He does not pussyfoot around. This election is about the survival of the American dream. It is time for all Americans to put down their partisan banners. Do the right thing for this country. Vote for Donald Trump. I really didn’t like this guy as a speaker. And he is really weird looking. Sorry, but true. Why pick him to talk?
8. Laura Ingrahim. Someone will be really mad at me, but I don’t know who this woman is. I am not sure if she is Dr. Laura or someone else. She seems very nice. But she’s another blonde woman speaking when I think there’s been a lot of that already. Says her grandparents were Polish immigrants who learned English and assimilated. Her mom was a waitress until age 73 years old. Her father worked in a factory. Her mom made her clothes. She wore the same winter coat for 40 years. This sounds a lot like growing up in Cleveland. Any extra money was saved. There is dignity in every job. Every job. No matter what you do. Whoever this woman is, I like her. She’s great. Her brothers picked tobacco and blueberries and raked lawns. Her parents didn’t believe there were jobs that Americans would not do. In the early 1970s, she watched the news with her mom. Why are people burning the American flag? Honey, because their parents didn’t teach them about respect. You would have loved her mother. This speech is good. She should have gone first, not Governor Scott. Respect is in decline in America. People don’t respect the government. Government does not respect the people, not even veterans. Politicians do not respect Constitution or the life of infants in womb or elderly who languish alone (Google Chester Siniawski for a horror story about that). People do not respect police. Police do not respect the people. Public office holders do not respect the rule of law. Isn’t that right, Mrs. Clinton? I really hate to have to keep saying this, but Hillary Clinton did something so horrible when she lied the way she did. It makes me so sick and heartbroken she did this. Our allies overseas do not respect us. It’s sad to see this happy to country we love. This is our home. It belongs to us and our children. It is where our dead are buried. We deserve better. We can do better. We must do better. She’s a great speaker! We have to turn this around. We have to restore respect across all levels of society. Hillary created status quo and that’s why she thinks it is fine. Trump knows that a nation without borders is no nation at all. Hillary wants no borders. Trump knows that you must put citizens first. Hillary thinks America is just another nation in a global order. Trump knows that America’s greatness comes from her people and freedom. Comes from God. Hillary Clinton believes greatness can only be found in globalism and government bureaucracy that she wants to rule over as a queen. Hillary thinks government solution for every problem. No, Hillary, you are the problem. Hold the phone: Laura Ingrahim says she was in high school in 1979. WHAT??????????? She looks younger than me and my friends! She doesn’t even look like she’s 40. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She says the wait for greatness is over. It’s done. Trump is here. He’s going to stop the craziness. He will work tirelessly to get country back on track. We should all — even the #NeverTrump people — must honor pledge to support the Republican nominee now. Tonight. Tonight. TONIGHT. Democrats are nominating the woman who helped orchestrate America’s decline. This is a bad joke, like skinny jeans on men or man buns. Ha! She doesn’t want to tell stories to kids about how great America used to be. Never give up. Rise to every challenge. We fight. We win. We are Americans. Trump won the Republican nomination because he dared to call out the phonies and the fraud and the corruption that has gone unexposed for too long. DO YOUR JOB MEDIA! She got THUNDEROUS applause with that line. Extended standing ovation. Doing your job is a novel concept. Boy is she a good speaker. What a joke the Media is. America is onto you. Donald Trump respects us enough to tell the hard truth. Speak the truth about immigration, trade, diminished status around the world. Even in the face of unfair criticism and sheer hatred. They had their chance. Now, it is our chance. America, let us tonight go forth and reject the politics of division. Let’s defeat the Clinton Machine. Let’s send the consultants, the pollsters, and the lobbyists packing. Let’s give the power back to the people. Let’s elect Donald Trump president of the United States. God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America.
9. Businessman Phil Ruffin next. Friend of Trump. Word is his bond. If he tells you something, you can put it in the bank. He can look at a deal and make something great out of it. GE Building, Trump bought and made $300M off it. Palm Beach. Trump paid $40M for it, sold for $100M. Shows what I know. He has put tens of thousands of American workers to work. These are high paid construction jobs. $40 to $50 an hour. Does this all over. He did it in Chicago with Trump Tower. He did it in New York. Name is all over the place. Miami. He just bought a country club. Loves Florida. Las Vegas too. This guy is charming and fun. I like hearing from these real people who work with Trump. I like this so much better than people like that Lt. General Flynn, Kevin McCarthy, or Governor Scott…who were the worst speakers so far. This guy Phil Ruffin is good. Talks about Trump not giving up. Smart. Honors commitments. Pays bills on time. Paid off all debt. Vegas project became a huge success.
10. This is how I think of Donald Trump being President, based on what people say about him:
11. Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi next. November 8th is day of reckoning for all those who abuse power. We talk back our government. I think she spoke in 2012. I remember her being really good then. Winning election means reclaiming rule of law. The law must apply equally to everyone and back our law enforcement. They have our backs and Trump will have their backs. These laws are under siege by a President determined to ignore what he does not like and Hillary who feels law does not apply to her. Take away her security clearance. How do you become president when you can’t have security clearance. Hillary believes our enemies deserve our respect and empathy. That is crazy. Trump believes that terrorists deserve to die. Our enemies are evil and deserve to die. Hillary will fill SCOTUS with Leftists to rampage against our rights, utter contempt for Second Amendment. She knows Trump. He will appoint conservative Justices who will defend and not rewrite our Constitution. Are you ready to send Islam a message that America is coming after them? When Donald Trump is president he will come after them. So on November 8th remember this. If you believe in limited government and constitutional rights. If you believe in rule of law. If you want America to act like America again, there is just one choice: TRUMP
12. Then they played a video about astronauts.
13. Eileen Collins, Astronaut, speaks. First woman to command space shuttle. We are a nation built by people who were not afraid to do something first. Pave our way forward. We are a nation of explorers. Kennedy issued challenge to land man on moon and bring him home safely. 40 years ago, that happened. Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin. Took flag and plaque, men from Earth set foot on moon July 1969. We came in peace for all mankind. Landing to fulfill leadership challenge and to explore. Exploration leads to invention and discovery. Our robots sent to other planets provide info on our own planet. It’s been over 5 years since US has launched astronauts from own soil. We must do better than that. Countries that are strong explore, invent and discover. Heritage of explorers. Need president who will make space program first again. Make America great again. Thank you and God Bless America. She was kind of low energy but it was cool to hear from a space shuttle commander.
14. Michelle van Etten, Businesswoman. Anecdote about wanting to have a circus as a kid. Father told her that she should have dreams and do work and get job done. At 20 year reunion, she decided to dream again. Open up home based business. When you go after dream, you must fail forward and never quit. Level up to become the type of person you want in the business. Her husband was able to retire and homeschool her children because she will not subject them to Common Core. She owns small business, fashion studio in Florida. Envy House of Style. Florida rocks. She is living American dream. She’s also wearing a cape, which is awesome. Millennials want to be own bosses but will not be able to because of excessive policies and eight years of the Left’s overtaxing, over regulating, and killing American dream. Small businesses are backbone of America. We live in land of opportunity and must protect American dream above all else. American dream is being denigrated because of what is going on. We need a change. If you want a change and you believe we can make a difference then we need a businessman and not a Hillarycrat. We need president that believes that business is the backbone of America. Do not raise taxes. Protect children. End Common Core. Repeal Obamacare. Allow small businesses to provide healthcare. Foster creativity and innovation. Bring back manufacturing. She seems like a nice person but kind of lost her way in the remarks and stumbled a bit. Not the best choice for a speaker.
15. State Senator Ralph Avaraddo. From Kentucky. Commonwealth of Kentucky. Gratitude for addressing assembly. First Hispanic elected to general assembly in Kentucky. I’m really sick of hearing about Hispanics. I feel like our country is under apartheid right now: feels like Hispanics dictate everything, yet they are only like 17% of the population. They have an oversized influence and oversized emphasis. Why do we allow them to be the thing we have to hear about over and over and over again all the time? Hispanics need to learn English, assimilate, join melting pot, and start seeing themselves as Americans. Not hyphenated anything. Stop the obsession with where relatives used to live years ago. Become an American in the melting pot and leave the Spanish behind. Make English your present and your future. This guy Ralph is saying that Hillary does not want people to succeed, wants them to stay poor. Obama wants to restrict rights. Rejects honesty, lies all the time. IRS enemies list. Green energy cronyism. Benghazi. Banking scandals. On and on and on. Hillary lies all the time too. Face decision. Do we want more lies? Or do we want someone brutally honest like Trump. Decision is about whether America will go up or it will go down. We need to protect American dream. Only one candidate who will protect for future generations. It is Trump. UGH! Then he gibbers in Spanish. I HATE THIS. I HATE HEARING SPANISH. I hate this so much. Speak English. SPEAK ENGLISH. It makes me sick hearing Spanish. Spanish is the language of poverty. No Spanish speaking country has its act together. All Spanish speaking countries are dysfunctional and backwards and poor. Learn English to get ahead. Speak English and get your act together. Spanish is like nails on the chalkboard to me. Leave the Spanish behind when you move here. Speak English at home. Leave the Spanish in the place that you left and start a new life in English.
16. Darrel Scott, Pastor. He’s a dynamic and high energy speaker. I like him. Says Democrats have failed America. More divided now than ever before. We need to put into practice what makes our nation great. Source of strength. Do what’s in our best interests. The greater America is, the greater the world becomes. Trump is a patriot. Someone who loves country, supports its authority, and promotes its interests. Many Leftists believe we are nation just like any other. But we are not like any other. We are the greatest nation in history. We are proud of being Americans and proud of being patriots. We must be a melting pot. We have diversity but must stand tougher as Americans and stand together as one nation under God indivisible. We are here as Americans regardless of race, creed, and color. All men are created equal and are endowed by our Creator with unalienable rights. He quotes Dr. King. Donald Trump will rebuild the broken trust between citizens and government. The last 8 years have been bad for black people. Civil unrest and national distress. This is one of most crucial elections in American history. Trump will unify. Will get people from NO to YES. Problem solving. Find common ground. Move forward.
17. Harold Hamm, Continental Resources. Talks about energy. President Trump will fuel future and achieve American energy independence. Obama has tried to destroy energy. He gave Iran the bomb and billions and vilified Israel. Obama and EPA want to crucify America’s oil and gas producers. Hillary wants to destroy everything too. Nation should embrace energy independence. Not eliminate. Hillary wants to kill jobs and drive up prices. Wants to increase imports from enemies. Wants to get rid of foreign oil. When he grew up he picked cotton barefoot. Left home at 20 with nothing and made something of himself. Trump will restore American dream. Make America great again. God Bless America.
18. Governor Scott Walker. He is handsome too. There are two kinds of guys I think are really hot: lumberjack/cowboys who are rough and tumble and the nerdy-sexy guys. Every boyfriend of mine has been one or the other (except one French guy, who was just pure Prince Charming). The only thing I don’t like about Walker is that he does the Politician Shouting into the Microphone Thing. This is how Hillary talks. I don’t like listening to it. It’s really disappointing that he talks like this. I loved how Chris Christie talked last night, like a person. Not like a political robot who is shouting. It actually hurts my ears to listen to Scott Walker shouting. Boy, he would have made a TERRIBLE presidential or vice presidential candidate. I would have hated to have to listen to this more than once. Good to know he is not great on a national stage. He is doing this really condescending thing too: every few minutes he says something and wants the audience to shout the word back to him, like they are school children and he is the second grade teacher. He also is one of the establishment morons who use the word “liberal”. DUMMY. He must have said it a dozen times. IDIOT. They are Leftists. Stop calling them “liberal” because you HELP THEM when you do that. People who don’t follow politics think liberal is a nice word. They like it. It sounds like a liberal helping of sprinkles on ice cream. But LEFTIST? That is a word everyone knows is bad. If you call Democrats by the word LEFTISTS, you instantly make them sound bad to regular people…instead of making them sound good. Scott Walker is a moron to keep calling Hillary a liberal. That makes her sound good to independents! Why on earth are Republicans doing this??? Paul Ryan did this a bunch of times yesterday too. Must be something about Wisconsin that they can’t learn and don’t want to stop using the Left’s chosen terminology. Again, Paul Ryan and Scott Walker are like foolish Burger King executives who keep using the words “delicious” and “yummy” when describing McDonalds…that is what it is like every time a Republican says “liberal” or “progressive” when talking about Democrats. They use words that people respond well to and they help make Democrats more appetizing to people. Why are they so stupid? The rest of Walker’s speech is hard to listen to. It’s just shouting. Shouting, shouting, shouting. Punctuated by asking the audience to shout things with him. It feels like that Chris Farley “Dan Foley” character who lived in the van by the river and would shout at people. Like this:
19. Lynne Patton, Trump Foundation. Talking about the loyalty of the Trump family. I want to say that through the years I’ve known a few people in New York who had encounters with Trump family members. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have said nice things about Donald Trump and Ivanka Trump. I know someone who has met Ivana too (Trump’s first wife). Everyone was always treated well by the Trumps. I’ve never heard a bad thing about people who have worked for the Trumps or encountered them. They seem like really decent, hardworking, kind, and excellence-loving people. They demand excellence. They reward hard work. Trump is the law and order leader we need to heal a divided nation. Islam targeted LGBTQAI in Orlando. Violence in urban communities in Baton Rouge, Minnesota, and elsewhere. Police gunned down in Dallas. Need healing. We need to stop seeing these as attacks on various communities and need to start seeing these as attacks on America, on our values, and on civil society. Sadly, there is not one person who can deny that black lives have mattered less historically and there are people who still believe this. But as a minority I pledge that Donald Trump knows that all lives matter. Blue Lives Matter. This country is more divided now than it was 8 years. Don’t hope for change. Be the change. Vote for the candidate who stands in solidarity with you. I really like when people who work for the Trumps come to speak. I like hearing from them. She’s talking about how great the Trump kids are. Eric, Don, Ivanka are like siblings to her. They are compassionate, charitable, heroes. Believes in opportunity because she saw it first hand. Father was Dr. at Yale, born in Birmingham. Proud to be black, proud to support Trump, proud to be black person voting for Trump. God Bless this country. God Bless this family. God Bless Donald Trump.
20. Senator Marco Rubio. He made a video. It would be nice if the truth ever came out about why he was arrested in a parked car in a park’s parking lot when he was younger. BlindGossip.com had a lot of stories about him, alleging he was prostituting himself (being a rent boy). Others said he was arrested for drugs, but I think they would have prosecuted him for drugs but police usually let male prostitutes go. Since he was in the car with his roommate who later went on to be gay porn producer, I do think it makes more sense he was cruising for johns. A lot of guys who are straight make money like this. It’s called gay for pay. I think Little Marco is straight but wonder what really happened in that car that he doesn’t want to talk about.
21. Senator Ted Cruz. This man sets off every warning bell that I have in me. There is something wrong with him. I do not know what it is, but his face tells me he is hiding a dark secret. I do not know what it is. He is not gay. You can see in a guy’s eyes if he is hiding being gay. I have a hard time spotting a closeted lesbian, but gay men have this thing in their eyes where they are afraid of people finding out they are gay, so they are always trying to make sure that you are buying the illusion they are straight. Their eyes give them away. Cruz’s eyes don’t do that…but his whole face looks like he is hiding some awful secret. Years from now, if it’s ever discovered that he is into something really weird or shocking, I would not be surprised. It would be like, “Well, now we know what that was.” One of my friends thinks he is a cross-dresser or something and is secret is that under his suit he is wearing bra/panties. His face looks like he wears lipstick and eyeliner when he is at home. I don’t know what his secret is, but there is something really off about him. And his voice gets to me too. I don’t think Ted Cruz is a bad man. I like most of what he says. But I can’t shake that there is something OFF about him that I can never put my finger on. Just watching him, it bothers me so much. I can’t figure it out what bothers me or what he could be hiding. Cruz is talking about how we the people need to constrain government. I WANT TO BE FREE. He says we have no king or queen. We have no dictator. I would argue we do have a queen at the moment…and Reggie Love would agree on Obama’s queeniness. Cruz says we have to do better for fallen heroes. Hillary lies about caring about things. There is a profound difference about party’s vision for the future. Maybe it’s Cruz’s voice that puts me off? I don’t know. I like the words he is saying…but he is just off-putting to me. Not sure if he can overcome this ever. To me, he has that voice like John McCain and Mitt Romney have that does not have a real testosterone masculinity behind it. I like listening to politicians who talk with a confident and manly voice…not this thing that Cruz does. Not every guy has the big manly voice. Reagan had a great voice. It was manly, but didn’t have to be Zeus-like booming down on people. Rick Perry has a great voice…but too bad he is such a bumbler. If Cruz & Perry could combine into one person, they would be a great candidate. Cruz is a good speaker who can deliver lines well…but the voice and his face are odd to me. What I like about what Cruz is saying is that our Constitution sets things up for states to be diverse and decide things differently at the local level. Not be dictated from an imperial capital. This is how I feel. Washington DC should not be the seat of an empire where all decisions for your life are dictated from Washington. Hillary does want to micromanage everything. Cruz brings up BREXIT and everyone cheers. People fed up with politicians who do not listen instead and benefit elites instead of working men and women. Put America first. BUILD A WALL to keep America safe. I wish that Republicans would hit the Left with Harvard/Yale/Princeton…why can the Ivy League be selective in who they admit, but America has to take anyone who wants to move here? Why doesn’t Harvard have to take any person who walks onto campus and demands free education, free room and board, free everything? That’s something I’d love to see Trump hit with. 47 years ago first man on the moon. That was power of freedom. Republican Party was founded to defeat slavery. Abraham Lincoln was Republican who signed Emancipation Proclamation. Republicans eradicated Jim Crowe though Media will never admit. All the soldiers and sailors who fight Islam today protect our freedom. Need standard for leaders to unite us. Don’t stay home in November. Don’t do what you did in 2008 and 2012. If you love our country, come out and vote against Democrats. Vote Republican up and down ticket. Protect our Constitution. It is love of freedom that made people follow their dreams. Cruz’s father came to Texas with $100 sewn into underwear. His mother was first in family to go to college. We must make the most of our moment. Fight for God given rights. When we are old and gray and work is done, we will be able to say that freedom matters and I was part of something beautiful. Need to make case to American people that we will defend freedom and be faithful to Constitution. We will unite the party and unite the country and stand tougher for shared values and for liberty. God Bless each of you and God Bless the United States of America.
22. Eric Trump. VIDEO: My father Donald Trump. Talks about when Trump told family he was running for president. Trump has most GOP votes of any candidate in primary history. He broke all kinds of records. He inspires Millennials. Eric is a great speaker too. All these Trump kids are such GREAT SPEAKERS. It’s pretty incredible. None of them are in politics. Yet all of them are such practiced speakers. Talks about Trump being sick of political correctness. Sick of War on Christmas. Sick of all the garbage that the Left has been doing. Trump is setting aside his company because he sees that the country needs him. Trump wants to fix the country by applying practical business decisions. Wants to fix what is wrong. We need tax reductions. Need to stop squandering money with inefficient government. Need to bring companies back to the US. Stop letting American companies move overseas. Need president who understands the art of the deal and value of the dollar. President who signs the front of a check, not the back (meaning he is not a taker, he is the boss signing the check not one cashing it). Trump revitalizes things. The Central Park ice skating rink disaster that Trump came in and saved. He stepped in because he was disgusted by the ineptitude. He chipped in $2 million to fix in less than six months, $1 million under budget. City botched it for 5 years. Time for president who can make America great again. Ahead of budget and ahead of schedule too. Revitalized rundown neighborhoods and shaped skylines. It’s what he does. It’s who he is. Oprah once asked if Trump would run for president…only if it got so bad that I had no choice. Well, it got so bad that Trump had no choice. Trump sees frustration of watching our country collapse like that ice rink disaster. He can’t take it. He wants to fix it. Third World colonization leaves innocent Americans defenseless. Secure our border. Become sovereign again. Our nation has become a disgrace. Must fix this. Must stop coddling. Must start leading again. Trump loves country. Wants country to be great again. I had a really hard time back in 2012 trying to like the Romney kids. I never could really get around to doing that. But, I really like all of the Trump kids. These aren’t the kind of people who I would ever encounter in any social circles; these are like the day trader guys in Chicago that are totally not part of my world. But those day trader people are really polite and professional and nice to people. The Trump kids are like that. I can see them being polite and nice to everyone, even if they are part of a different world. The Romney kids were really hard for me to relate to in any way. I never liked them. I never really respected them or thought they did anything except being rich and being the children of Romney. The Trump kids seem like really hard workers. They are successful but not snobby. I like the Alpha Male in them and the Alpha in Ivanka and Tiffany too. They are really very impressive people. Eric is saying why Trump is running. He is talking about all the people who have been let down in the last years and he is saying that Trump is running to help all of them. Trump has never been a government employee or received a paycheck from the government. Can’t be bought or bribed. He’s answerable to no special interests. Trump does not need this job. He is running because he felt he had to. Eric is proud to be a Trump.
23. Newt Gingrich (Callista too, for some reason). I don’t understand why Callista is talking. Nothing against her, but who cares about her? She wrote a children’s book. Which is nice. But, who cares? No one else’s wife came to introduce him. Why couldn’t Newt just come out and talk? I’m sure Newt demanded this before he would speak. Callista is telling everyone what Newt is going to say. Well, why not just have him come say it? This is so weird. I think they did this weirdness back in 2012 too.
Newt finally comes to talk. He says his wife can play the French horn or something in a choir. It was weird. He then says that Trump has encouraged people to come speak and bring everyone together. Trump is generous. Trump is only candidate who will uphold the Constitution. If you want to protect Constitution, the only ticket is Trump/Pence. Trump talks as a historian about Trump. His courage to tell truths about national security. We are at war with Islam. There is no substitute for victory. Current national security elites are incapable of being honest about Islam. They lie about threat. We need to tell truth about danger. If Islam had its way, gays and lesbians would be put to death. If Islam had its way, you would be subject to conversion by sword and no equality or freedom. If you doubt we are at war with Islam, let me refresh your memory. In Germany, Muslim used axe on train. In France, Muslim drove truck into crowd. Muslims in other countries bombing and killing. Islam attacked in Istanbul. Muslim in Paris stalked French cop, tortured wife, streamed on social media for other Muslims to watch. Muslim murdered 49 gays in Orlando. All of this in last 37 days. Accumulating atrocities by Islam. One analysis estimated that since January 2015, 30,000 people have been killed at the hands of Islam. Donald Trump is right. We are at war with Islam. We must change course to win the war. We are losing the war now. Islam is winning. We must win the war. Those who support violence against those who disagree with them. 16 million in Pakistan support violence against those who disagree with Islam. 1,200 women raped by Muslims in Germany on New Year’s. Europe is on the brink if civil war because of Muslim colonists. Everywhere is becoming like Israel because of spread of Islam. Worst case scenario is Islam destroying American city. We could lose 300,000 people. We could lose block after block to nuclear event. In January 2001, Muslims will acquire weapons of mass destruction and kill large numbers. Pakistan has nukes. Iran is close to getting nukes. Turkey is becoming Islamic state. We are sleepwalking through history. We cannot keep in place people who lie to us and who brought us to this place. Every American should be terrified of Hillary presidency. All she does is lie. She lied about Iran deal. She brags about getting away with lies. She lied about Benghazi and then says it does not matter. She wants to bring in more Muslim colonists. Hillary lies about emails, about Saudis. This is not politics. This is Hillary Clinton being pathological liar. First step forward is electing a leader who can be trusted and who speaks truth. That is not Hillary. Safety and security are preconditions for nation. Trump understands it. He will rebuild our military. Secure our borders. There is no such thing as a nation without border. Must end deliberated non enforcement. Will take care of veterans. Hold bureaucrats responsible. Give veterans choices about care. No bureaucrats will get behind vet and doctor. Trump will get America working again. Trump infrastructure program will make us most competitive country in world. Will rebuild our education system and give choice of where kids go to school Rebuild communities. Safety. Security. Restore law and order. Zero tolerance for domestic terrorists calling for death of cops. Secret Service goes after those who threaten president. Law enforcement officers deserve save respect. Bad cops must be held accountable. We are based on rule of law. We must make law apply to everyone. People who come here must assimilate and be absorbed. Trump won party nomination. He is willing to tell truth about things that matter. He will put safety first and defend America first. Challenge for all in hall is to rise above factions. Rise above politics we inherited. We must reject suicidal dishonesty of Hillary Clinton. We can make America great for all Americans.
24. Vice President Mike Pence will be introduced by Paul Ryan. I want Paul Ryan to lose his seat in Congress next month by losing the primary. But, I also admit I want to feed him Oreos and a glass of milk and watch him dunk them, because he’s so cute. He’s terrible in every other way, but he’s cute, cute, cute and I have to admit it. The little cookie-nibbler and Oreo bandit that he is.
25. Vice President Mike Pence speaks. He is like Santa’s younger brother. He says he is a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican in that order. I like how he talks. He is nice to listen to. He does not shout or talk like a robot like Scott Walker. He is manly. I really like that. I am so sick of the wimps. I like that Pence acknowledges he is as boring as mayonnaise. He’s self-depreciating. His grandfather was an immigrant who assimilated. His heroes growing up were JFK and MLK. His parents worked hard. His voice is soaring. Ed Pence was dad. Combat in Korea. Ran gas stations. Great father. Dad died a while ago. Surprised his son is next VP. His mom is there! I love when the candidates’ parents are around. How cool to see son or daughter nominated to high office. I love that. Used to be a Democrat until Reagan Revolution. Karen Pence is his wife. Looks like a very nice woman. She was a school teacher and artist. Has three kids: Charlotte, Audrey, and Andrew (I think). His son is a Marine. The greatest human beings on the planet are United States Marines. A man who raised a son who became a US Marine is a guy I respect. There is nothing greater on this planet than a United States Marine. American people tired of being told what to do, told that we will get to things some day. Tired of being told that an elite in the imperial capital can centrally plan our lives for us. This election comes down to Hillary vs. Trump. Everyone must vow that Hillary Clinton will never become president of the United States of America. Hillary would be third Obama term. She invented Obamacare with Hillarycare. She wants more taxes, more regulation, more government. She tells us this economy is the best we can do. It’s just the best that THEY can do.
I was totally wrong about this guy being mayonnaise in a suit. He’s pretty kickass when you get to know him a little. He’s manly, tough, and he has fight in him. I owe the guy an apology and will give him one.
Mike Pence is pretty cool guy. He is smart, sharp, great with facts. He is engaging. Looking at his family, it’s easy to see he’s a good person too. I get a really good vibe off him. He is honest and decent. Not a wimp. He is not mayonnaise. His voice is fantastic. He really lays out a great case for Trump. Says that independent spirit like Trump is natural leader for land of free and home of the brave. People are chanting USA, USA, USA now. Pence reminds me of dad from an old tee-vee show, in a great way. He’s comforting in a Father Knows Best sort of way. You can’t fake good kids…how about his amazing children. Says that Hillary is a big liar and the opposite of someone who tells the truth. When America wants something new and different they bring most predictable of names…CLINTON. Democrats want to anoint someone who is just Secretary of the Status Quo. This joke fell flat: I would have done it as “Secretary of the State of Confusion…or the State of Denial.” Something like that.
He talks about importance of not letting Hillary appoint justices to SCOTUS. Need to make sure she is not president. Needs president to be Donald Trump. He says that Hillary Clinton disqualified herself from being president. Islam keeps attacking the West. World is spinning apart. Weakness arouses evil. America needs to be strong, world needs American strength. Trump will rebuild strength. He will confront Islam at its source and destroy it. America stands with Israel. Obama Regime ends exactly 6 months from today.
Pence did a really great job. He made me like him. I like Mike! I like Mike! I like Mike! He will be a great VP.
— And that’s a wrap! We’ll do this again tomorrow night for the 4th and final day of the convention from Cleveland. What were your thoughts on tonight? Chime in below in comments or Tweet me on the Twitters —
If you enjoyed this recap and the other writing on this site, please consider reading our book SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment. In 2013, Megan Fox and I caught a local public library covering up sex crimes happening in the building, including child pornography being accessed but the library staff deliberately chose not to call the police. We filed Freedom of Information Act Requests to obtain the library’s internal documents and also police records to piece together how big of a problem was ongoing in this Chicago suburb. Instead of handing over the document as they were required to do by law, the library and the entire Village of Orland Park decided to fight us. Chief Timothy J. McCarthy and the Orland Park Police engaged in a pattern and practice of harassing Megan and me, to try to scare us off this case and make us drop our investigation. We had to take the Village and the library to court to get the documents we wanted. The Police Department violated the law and ended up having to settle with us for $12,000 over its violations, all committed as part of Chief McCarthy’s plan to stymie us or scare us away. The American Library Association got involved and encouraged a library employee to file a meritless SLAPP lawsuit to scare us away. So, Megan and I had to defend our First Amendment rights in federal court. The library tried censoring and silencing us. They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us. Chief McCarthy’s police officers threatened us. Library employees and their families targeted Megan for online harassment and someone left dead animals in her yard and vandalized her car. The police would do nothing to stop the harassment, as local government circled the wagons to protect itself and keep the truth from the public. In the end, we discovered YEARS worth of sex crimes that went unreported. Women sexually harassed in that library. Women and children sexually stalked. Men openly masturbating at computers. Child pornography being allowed to be viewed without police being called. That’s why they fought so hard to silence us, threaten us, scare us, and bully us. They didn’t want any of this getting out. We have it all documented in our book. I hope you read it. It’s currently the #1 Banned Book in the country, as the American Library is putting out enormous pressure on libraries to NOT carry the book…even though it’s the only book we can find that’s ever been written that exposes criminal activity and cover-ups in public libraries.
They did everything they could to use except murder us.
Maybe you can ask your own local public library to carry the book as well? Here’s a preview of what’s in it!
What: Day Two of Republican Convention in Cleveland, 7/19/16
Stream: Using either YouTube for GOP official stream or CSPAN stream to watch online
Why: Real time notes as convention unfolds, starting at 430pm CST on 7/19/16
1. If you enjoy these live streams of the convention, let me know in comments. I don’t mind doing this every day for people who are not able to watch the whole thing and would like a summary as it’s happening. I’ll also Tweet shorter comments throughout if you’d like to follow on Twitter too.
2. Here are the speakers scheduled for tonight:
3. CSPAN really is a terrific resource. In addition to the live stream, they have historical postings about past conventions as well, including videos of past speeches. They only go back to the 1980s from what I can see, but maybe they have other years on there too. We’re really at a point where culturally the 1980s are becoming ancient history to a lot of people and Millennials are 90s-minded, so anything before Reagan is being forgotten it seems.
4. I don’t know if I am enjoying this convention more than others because it’s being held in my hometown or if I enjoy it because it’s just so much better than a typical convention. I love that the Bush Family and McCain/Romney boycotted it. All sorts of other terrible people I don’t like have also stayed away. I wish Paul Ryan didn’t show up and I hope he gets booed. Looking at the list of speakers, I am most interested in what the Attorney Generals are going to say. Hope they talk about FBI Directory Comey and the decision to look the other way regarding the crimes he admits that Hillary Clinton committed with her email server. I am also looking forward to hearing from Donald Trump’s son and daughter and Ben Carson (whom I hope is the next Surgeon General). Chris Christie will be a great speech too. I hope he is our next Attorney General.
5. I hope that Trump announces who he’d like his Cabinet to be. It feels like at least two Cabinet members will be speaking tonight (Carson and Christie). Trump could legally say who he’d like to be in his Cabinet by saying “someone exactly like Chris Christie for Attorney General” and “someone just like Ben Carson for Surgeon General” without breaking any election rules of offering positions to someone during a campaign. But it would be nice if for the first time in history the American public was given an idea of who would fill out the Cabinet before deciding on the President. In reality, when the public elects someone to the presidency, they are choosing who will fill all those other positions by nature of the fact that the person they choose for the top spot fills out everything else. Why can’t Americans have a better idea of what their choice means? I like the notion of Trump coming forward and showing what he’d like his administration to look like. This way, Americans have a better idea of what their future would be like for the next 4 years with the various people who will be making the news by running various federal agencies.
6. It’s 430pm CST. Getting my CSPAN on. They are showing people in the convention hall wearing funny hats, I guess representing their states. Going to something like this is totally not my kind of thing at all. I just think it’s all so wasteful and don’t understand the need to travel to one place to do all this stuff, but that’s just me. I also don’t know why it needs to be an entire week. Are regular people (who don’t follow politics closely) really watching this? To me, money would be better spent producing a really good documentary movie and then having the networks all air it. Each side would make a movie and have their speeches. The networks could show Republicans’ movie one night. The next week they would show the Democrats’ movie. The parties could have the movies available on YouTube too. And no one would have to wear silly hats and spend all that money traveling. But, again, maybe I don’t understand the joy of wearing silly hats as it’s not my thing.
7. There are a lot of white people enthusiastically dancing badly to a mediocre band playing “Keep on rolling.” This is like any ticketed street festival in Chicago where there is an admission price during the summer. It will only be suburban white people wearing crisp resort wear, holding drinks, and dancing like this (some with silly hats). It’s such a Chicago thing.
8. A lot of Hillary for Prison signs in the crowd. It really makes my heart sick what Hillary did to herself, and by extension her loyal supporters from 2008. In a just world, Hillary would have had to go before a grand jury of citizens who would have decided if she should stand trial. Instead, the Establishment decided to circle wagons and not prosecute her. In my opinion, only a grand jury should have made that decision. I also feel strongly that Director Comey, if he was a decent man, should have resigned on July 5th in his speech. He should have stood there and said that he was pressured to not recommend prosecution of Hillary…and that since he took an oath when he joined the FBI that he could not longer serve in an organization that had been so corrupted. He should have made history that day, calling on every honest FBI officer to resign along with him in protest. Can you imagine the historic moment that would have been? If thousands of FBI agents/officers had walked out of the Hoover Building? Hillary Clinton would have been forced to withdraw from the race that day. It would have been like the ending of The Pelican Brief movie. July 6th, Loretta Lynch would have been pressured to resign in disgrace. By the end of the week, I think the good FBI people could have been brought back, the bad apples involved in the pressuring of Comey would have been rooted out, and the Senate could have called hearings to start cleaning up the Justice Department. Men today have no guts and no testosterone and nothing below the waist these days. They are all so timid. Just imagine if Comey had been a real man from another era and how he could have altered history by bringing down Hillary, Lynch, and the corrupt Justice Department that day. What a missed opportunity.
9. Reince Preibus opens the convention. Cleveland Police Color Guard presenting flags. A bunch of people dressed up in ethnic costumes came onto the stage for some reason to do the Pledge of Allegiance. I kind of think the ethnic stuff needs to be put away once people come to this country. When you become an American citizen, your nationality becomes American. If you were born here, your nationality is American. Wherever distance relatives of yours lived 100 or 300 years ago is irrelevant. Save the ethnic costumes for Halloween. Wear red, white, and blue instead.
10. 450pm CST Paul Ryan is speaking. UGH. I can’t stand him and I want him to lose his primary race, but I still think he is handsome. I hate myself for thinking he is handsome. I think nerdy is sexy though. Curse you Paul Ryan, for simultaneously being sexy as well as terrible. No wonder you remind me of my ex Harvey (who you can read about in SHUT UP! The Bizarre War that One Public Library Waged Against the First Amendment).
11. Jeff Sessions gives nominating speech. Nation is falling apart. Government says you need to be politically correct. If you complain, then you will be attacked. One man, Donald Trump was not intimidated. He would not be silenced. He spoke the truth. He gave voice to the people’s concerns. He said that the trade deals have hurt America. We must secure our border. That our nation must be strong. That we must defeat Islam. We just restore law and order. We must support our courageous and good law enforcement officers. The American voters heard this message and they rewarded Donald Trump’s courage and leadership with a huge victory in the primaries. Trump dispatched one talented and fine candidate after another. Momentum and a movement started. Democrats and independents responded. Trump received more primary votes than any Republican candidate in history. Sessions talks about Trump he knows: wonderful family that he loves. He is courteous and generous. He is positive by nature. He has tremendous energy and strength. He is a warrior and winner. He loves America and wants to see it be a winner again.
12. Chris Collins (NY) speaks next. China and Mexico are stealing our jobs. Time to take back our country and make United States great again. President Trump will build wall and secure our borders. He will defeat terrorism and make our country safe again. Trump will bring back our stolen jobs. Western New Yorkers know that Donald Trump is not a candidate but a movement. He seconds Sessions’ nomination of Trump to be the 45th President of the United States of America.
13. South Carolina Lt. Governor speaks next. He was the first elected official to endorse Donald Trump. He seconds the nomination as well. Talks about 12/7/1941, after Pearl Harbor, the Japanese admiral realized all they did was awaken a sleeping giant. But the giant went back to sleep. In recent years, the world lost confidence in the US. Weakness, decline, chaos and oblivion. CS Lewis: men without chess, haunting words. 8 years of incompetence, arrogance, and disrespect for rule of law. American people have had enough. I’ve had enough. You’ve had enough. We’ve all had enough. It’s time to act. We are going to act. The sleeping giant of the American giant has been awakened and is sounding the call to make America great again. Trump is remarkable man. Strength, accomplishment, vision. He will win the ferocious battle ahead. Have you seen Trump with people at the rallies? They wait 8 or 10 hours just to be able to meet and see the man. People cry, WE LOVE YOU DONALD and he says he loves them too. He gives autographs, smiles, and enjoys posing for photographs. He loves his wife Melania. He loves his family. He is walking away from a business enterprise because he loves his country and he wants to go to work for us. We are awakened. We are filled with resolve to fight and win. There’s something happening here. What it is is precisely clear. We will make America great again with Donald Trump.
14. ROLL CALL OF STATES: I actually really enjoy watching this, hearing all the states, seeing the people chosen to speak. This is one of my favorite parts of the convention.
Alabama (50 delegates); talks about football teams and hollers, home of Saturn 5 rocket to moon, place with two great Trump rallies. 36 votes for Trump.
Alaska (28 delegates); largest state in union, more coastline than any other, energy, Arctic, fishing tourism, God Bless Alaska last frontier. 28 votes Trump
American Samoa (9 delegates); hello world and hello America, southern most reaches of US soil, greatest exporter of NFL players, whole kit and caboodle of 9 delegates to future President Donald J. Trump
Some of this does start to feel like one of the Star Wars prequels. Where George Lucas took the action to the Galactic Senate for votes on trade negotiations.
Arizona (58 delegates); hottest state for job growth. 58 votes to Trump.
Arkansas (40); land of opportunity. Birthplace of Johnny Cash and Al Green. Republicans control almost all offices. Unemployment at lowest in history. Best duck hunting. Rice production. Catfish. World cast trout. Cast 25 votes for Donald Trump.
California (172); shouting WE WANT TRUMP, important for our sons to have good jobs and hope for future; safety in communities; Donald Trump is candidate that can provide hope and opportunity of true America. 172 votes to next President Donald J. Trump. God Bless you and God Bless America. WE WANT TRUMP WE WANT TRUMP WE WANT TRUMP This speaker was awesome!
Colorado (37); the state where plains meet the mountains, Denver Broncos, centennial state votes 4 votes to Donald J. Trump.
Connecticut (28); manufacture Pez, submarines, and WWE, all 28 delegates to Trump.
Delaware (16); first state to ratify constitution, diverse state of millennial candidates will win control of state legislature, all votes to Trump.
District of Columbia (19); delineated by Washington, graced by Lincoln, home of Frederick Douglas, 9 votes to Kasich 10 to Rubio. But that does not follow rules so 19 votes go to Trump. People got MAD when they tried to give delegates to other people than Trump.
Florida (99); sunshine state, Disney World, Florida keys, Daytona racing, 600 miles of beaches, paradise where you vacation but we live, home to veterans. State that gave LeBron James first two championships. Cannot win presidency without Florida. All 99 votes to Trump.
Georgia (76); peach state, number one state for business and business growth, Governor Nathan Dale, 42 votes for Trump. There are weird pauses sometimes when someone at a table is writing things. Not sure what they are doing on the stage.
Guam (9); tip of the spear of American might; home of B-1s and B-52s keeping America’s enemies at bay; place where tourists from Asia come to get a piece of America in Asia. Where America’s day begins, Guam…9 delegates to Trump.
Hawaii (19); Aloha from Hawaii. From Maui to Kauai, Trump 11 delegates.
Idaho (32); famous potatoes. Most Republican state in US. All statewide officers Republican. Red state. Proud to cast votes. 12 votes to Trump. More confusion at the table for some reason. There is shouting in the background.
Illinois (69); says Bruce Rauner is best governor. 54 delegates to Trump. Then the guy hooted like Howard Dean until microphone cut off.
Indiana (57); talks about Hoosiers and Pence. 57 votes to Trump.
Iowa (30); go hawks!; home of two hardest working US senators Grassley and Ernst and longest serving governor in history, Brandstad. 30 votes to Trump.
Kansas (40); home of world series champs Royals; home of iconic Bob Dole; 9 votes to Trump. I think they are checking the math or something with an abacus at the table.
Kentucky (46); home of Churchill Downs and American Pharaoh; largest Toyota plant; Chevy corvette; bourbon fit to drink in world; citizens respect God and constitution and military and police; 17 for Trump. Then there’s a pause as math is done at the table. Why didn’t they do math before now?
Louisiana (46); something about terrabone parrish; BUILD A WALL and restore national sovereignty. 31 Trump
Maine (23); forests lakes, state with 1 remaining federal Democrat; began Republican revival in Northeast; leading New England to greatness again; 9 votes Trump
Maryland (38); Chesapeake Bay; oldest state capital, birthplace of anthem, Naval Academy, Baltimore Orioles, alls 38 votes to Trump
Massachusetts (42); outperformed polls for Trump; Parson Hicks casts votes: guess what..we may be bluest state but 22 votes go to Trump. We will watch him make America great again come November.
Michigan (59); a woman who sounds like a Valley Girl says that Michigan passes. WEIRD
Minnesota; 10,000 lakes, SPAM, late great Prince. Longest drought since casting electoral votes for Republican. 8 votes for Trump
Mississippi (40); birthplace of music, 25 votes to Trump.
Missouri (52); says it is home to the Royals. St. Louis Cardinals, Birthplace of talk radio at Voice of St. Louis; home of Phyllis Scholarly; birthplace of ragtime and Roy Blunt; 41 votes to Trump. That’s what I’m talking about.
Montana (27); grateful to God for quiet beauty and grandeur of mountains and rolling plains. Secure liberty for future generations. 27 delegates to Trump.
Nebraska (36); the good life with great opportunity; corn huskers; find happiness from honest work and word is bond. 36 to Trump
Nevada; where blue lives matter; brought to statehood by first Republican president; what happens in Vegas will not stay in Vegas. We will cast our votes. The guy speaking weirdly called Vegas the capital of Nevada, but it’s not. 16 to Trump
New Hampshire; Corey Lewandowski. No income tax. First victory to Trump in primaries. 11 to Trump.
New Jersey (51); Chris Christie’s son Andrew is cute! 51 delegates to go Trump.
New Mexico (24); Susana Martinez speaks. Says culture is diverse and amazing. Land of enchantment. First female hispanic governor. 24 votes to Trump.
New York (95); PASSES…weird! I think they want to go at end to seal the deal.
North Carolina (72); long leaf pine, wheat grows strong, military installations, majestic Appalachian mountains fastest growing state economies; home of Billy Graham; party founded by blacks and whites; 10% of black colleges are in NC; 29 votes for Trump
North Dakota (28); Governor Dollripple (sp?); home of the current and 5-year SCS football champion bisons; home of national hockey champion U North Dakota hawks; only state to grow younger; 21 votes to Trump
Northern Mariana Islands (9), weather is 85 all year long; 7,000 miles away, first territory to endorse Trump. 9 to Trump
Ohio (66); my beloved Home State; Cleveland the city of champions. OH-IO. Mother of Presidents. 66 votes to Kasich. Which is stupid, but whatever.
Oklahoma (); second home to the Ryans for some reason. Jana Ryan must be from there. Has lots of Republicans in office. Energy and agriculture to fuel and feed country and world. All 77 counties will go to Trump. 24 votes to Trump.
Oregon (28); land of unrivaled beauty, mountains, deserts, pinot noir, cheese, hazelnuts, trees, soccer team Timbers; track town USA and Nike made ducks and beavers cool (what?); fight against Democrat corruption from crooked governor to crooked Hillary; 23 votes to Trump
Pennsylvania (77); keystone state, penguins, defers to New York and to Ed Koch (what?)
New York; the Empire State. Home of Donald Trump. First state to cast majority of votes for Trump. 61 of 62 counties with 60%+ Donald Jr and Ivanka are there! Tiffany too. All the Trump kids. Say New York will be in play. Not a campaign anymore, it’s a movement. Trump reaches total needed…89 delegates. Congratulations dad, we love you says Donald JR. The Trump kids look so proud, so happy. On 7/19/16 at 613pm CST, Trump officially becomes Nominee. New York, New York plays. His kids put him over the top, which is so cool. That’s why the other states deferred, to make this happen.
Then people danced for a long time, with the music playing. It’s official. Donald J. Trump is really the nominee. It still feels like BizarroWorld, but it’s true.
Puerto Rico (23); wants to be 51st state. 23 votes to Rubio because he speaks Spanish like they do.
Rhode Island (19); they are wearing little sailor hats. 1631 colony. Religious toleration/separation church state/ocean state. Beautiful there. Government is not working for people. State run by corrupt Dem machine for 80 years. Ranked near bottom. 50th worst in business climate. Dam leadership rampant with corruption and against transparency. Sounds like what Megan and went up against in Orland Park here near Chicago. 12 votes to Trump.
South Carolina; claims to be true peach state; palmetto state; Charleston city, Myrtle Beach; Boening, BMW, all 50 delegates to Trump
South Dakota (29); home of crazy horse, mount rushmore, 29 votes to Trump
Tennessee (58); the volunteer state, no income tax, balanced budget, surplus, top 5 jobs growth, auto manufacturing; Repub governor and 2 Senators; 2/3 majority in state legislature; pro-life state; 33 votes to Trump. Make America Great Again. Nobody was paying attention at the table so they had to repeat everything. Don’t they have this written down somewhere?
Texas (155); Greg Abbott got burned and couldn’t be there; a man who looks just like Jeb Bush is talking; 12th largest economy on planet; no Democrat won state office since Ann Richards defeated in 1992; they say they love Ted Cruz. I think Ted Cruz is creepy but I can’t place why. Something is wrong with him and he is hiding something but i don’t know what. Says that on November 8th Trump will get phone call from Hillary when she concedes the race. That’s an interesting image to keep in mind. Texas = 48 Trump
US Virgin Islands (9); 5 territories where Americans are denied rights; Alexander Hamilton’s home; emancipated slaves, no passport required to visit Caribbean St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. Something else (St. Johns). Make America and Caribbean great again. 8 votes Trump and one could not make up mind.
Utah; has priorities straight, God and country; #1 state for job creation, most reliable Republican state; Trump will get highest percentage from Utah. Always Republican now and forever. 40 votes to Cruz. I hope one day we find out what Cruz’s secret is. His face shows he is hiding something. I do not know what it is and it puzzles me.
Vermont (16); home of Coolidge; nominated in Cleveland in 1924 with running mate from Ohio; don’t expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong; 13 votes for Trump
Virginia (49); they have a man with heavy Hindu accent; I can barely understand him. He calls the state Wah-geen-ee-a. If you can’t understand someone, maybe he’s not the right person to be speaking into microphone. No matter how much you want to seem supportive of diversity. Need someone who speaks clearly without heavy accent. 17 votes Trump.
Washington (44); these people are wearing Christmas trees on heads; state of volcanoes and wheat fields and christmas trees; home of Boening and 100th anniversary. Builders of jets. Named after first president. Proud to nominate Trump to be 45th president. 44 votes for Trump.
West Virginia; holds up coal miner’s hat; says Obama Regime has destroyed coal industry and taken jobs over last 7 years. Need Donald J. Trump. Son of coal miners. Let’s get ready to rumble. First state in the US to recognize Melania Trump as the next First Lady of the United States. Looks better in a dress than Bill Clinton. Home of some golfer. Other guy who played football. Mountaineers. Walk proud. State to put 34 delegates behind Trump. Clean slate. Let’s go get him.
Wisconsin; recognizes Preibus and Ryan. Scott Walker, America’s Governor. Scott Walker is really handsome too. Home of Republican Party, Harley Davidson, Packers. Did you know that Packers QB Aaron Rodgers is gay? A good way to figure out who is secretly gay is to look at who has been dating Taylor Swift. She is professional beard. Not sure why straight people never can figure this out and not sure why she does this, but she does.
Wyoming; home of mountains and coal and energy titan. Super red state. All kinds of Republican stuff. State’s rights. Religious liberty. Supports law enforcement. Want to defeat Hillary Clinton. Gives Trump 3 votes.
Michigan (remember they passed); I think this woman talking is a Romney or something. Her name is Romney-Something. Home of Gordy Howe. Motown. Cast 51 votes to Trump. I think they passed before so that New York could have the numbers to put Trump over the top.
Pennsylvania (71); will deliver deciding 20 electoral votes. 70 votes to Trump. TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP! TRUMP!
Geesh. This went on for two hours! It was fun, but which more people wore silly hats to represent states and costumes and things. Or had the Miss Ohio or Miss Alabama or Miss Whatever be the person dressed in state costume to give speech instead of random people.
15. Paul Ryan is shushing people like they are small children. I don’t like that. It’s creepy. He’s a grown man. They are all adults. No need to speak to them like they are children. Paul Ryan always has a weird look on his face, like he’s just had sex somewhere. I think people are booing him. They are shouting about something. Other people are shouting USA USA USA. Lots of Make America Great Again signs. Ryan asks if anyone wants to change their votes. They are turning on Connecticut’s microphone. Wait, Alaska. The Alaskans are mad that they do not get to cast their votes for other people. They don’t want all votes to go to Trump. Alaska wants to poll its delegation. Convention staff will supervise poll. Paul Ryan sure is handsome. He is an awful person and bad Speaker. But damn is he handsome. I want him to lose his seat, but know we will never have a Speaker this handsome again. This is why gay guys should never do the hiring. We hire male strippers for things…or people like Paul Ryan who are handsome but then sellout. While this kerfuffle continues, Earth Wind and Fire music starts playing so white people can dance badly some more to old music.
16. This delay is going on for a while. They are playing a song called Shake Your Booty at the Disco. Most people alive right now have no idea what a disco was. 705pm. Paul Ryan does the SHUSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH little children thing again. Then Reince Preibus comes out to talk about Da Rules. He’s wearing a green tie and sweating like Rodney Dangerfield. He is trying to explain rules. He is trying to explain to Alaska that when the other candidates dropped out then their votes went to Trump under Alaska rules. Alaska starts shouting. Paul Ryan talks to them like a stern father and they are his bad children. They hate it.
17. 1,725 votes to Trump. 475 to Cruz. 120 to Kasich. 114 to Little Marco Rubio. 7 Carson. 3 Bush. 2 Paul. Speaker Ryan calls him “Donald Gay Trump” I think on purpose. He then bangs gavel and declares Trump the nominee. Everyone cheers and shouts USA USA USA and TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP. 710pm CST it is totally official now. Trump is the nominee.
18. The YouTube feed from GOP cut off. So back to CSPAN feed.
19. Mitch McConnel speaking now. Talking about Vice President nomination. Then some guy from Indiana comes out and talks about Pence. He looks like either Walter Mondale or the manager of a Greek diner, I can’t tell. He says he is Mike Pence’s best friend. He nominates Pence for VP. Mitch McConnell looks like a Macy’s Parade balloon of Richie Rich’s father from the cartoons. I came around to Pence really quickly. I still wish someone fun had been named VP, someone awesome like Allen West. But it is what it is. This means that Hillary has no pressure to pick someone cool and will probably either pick a boring person or that lizard creature Julian Castro.
20. CSPAN’s feed got really slow and froze, but YouTube is back up now. So switched back. It’s still great I can do all this without a tee tee though.
21. 719pm. Band is playing Oh Domino. Which is a nice plug for a great book I love and am telling everyone about. DOMINO by Kia Heavey. It’s like Animal Farm. About how the West is being colonized by Third World and suicidal altruists in the elite are letting it happen. Story told from point of view of a cat trying to stop his world from being destroyed by colonizing rats. You should check it out!
22. Speaker Paul Ryan back again. 722pm CST formally declares Trump/Pence the Republican ticket for 2016. Then he walks away abruptly.
23. Someone from Vermont speaking. He says he is Catholic and pro-life. He’s wearing a tie with big white clouds on a red field that makes him look like a clown, which was an interesting choice for the one time in life he will be on national television before millions. He offers up a prayer.
24. A woman who looks like Markie Post from Night Court is speaking. She’s saying we need to win the election. Well, thank goodness she did this. No one knew we had to win the election before she came to speak. Calls her Crooked Hillary, says all she does all day is lie. Says Hillary just wants people to vote for her to make history. Plays the gender card. Goes after her for paying women less than men. Says Hillary lied to military families. Took money from foreign countries that enslave women and treat as second class citizens. Support killing the unborn. Viciously attacked character of women who were abused by Bill Clinton. The auditorium erupts at that. Wants woman president one day. But says NOT THAT WOMAN, not today not now not ever. America deserves president they can trust. Worthy of being commander in chief, does not lie directly to the American people. Donald J. Trump will be better than Hillary could ever be. Join together as citizen activists. Stand together as daughters and sons of liberty and fight the oppressive government. God Bless everyone. God Bless America.
25. Dana White, president of Ultimate Fighting. Cute cute cute cute cute. Thank you whoever put this man on camera. Says Trump stood by him, encouraged him, helped him grow his business when no one else believed in him or his business. Trump will encourage businesses to succeed. He is a hard worker. He will work with people. He will put in time to get things done. Loyal and supportive friend. If he needed Donald, he would be there for him. Can tell a person’s true character when they are happy for someone else’s success. Needs someone who believes in country and will fight for country and be proud of our country. This guy is great speaker. Has been in fight business. Trump is a fighter. Will fight for this country.
26. Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson at 734pm CST. He says he knows from personal experience what Hillary Clinton is like. He has been in office under 6 presidents. Strength, boldness, and new energy do not describe Hillary. She always wanted more government and her dreams have only gotten bigger. She wants more of same. Failed leadership. Failed top down approach to healthcare. Same nanny state regulations to strangle America. If you liked the last 8 years then Hillary will give you double for the trouble. In Arkansas, creating jobs, lowest unemployment in state history. This is my boyfriend Justin’s home state, Arkansas. Hutchinson says experience matters. Judgment matters more. Hillary poor decisions produced bad results. Just think about it. Hillary radical attempts at reform of nation’s healthcare would have been more destructive than Obamacare. Bad judgment in Benghazi. Clinton Foundation weirdness. Commander in Chief needs to be someone who people trust, not extremely careless in handling classified material. Hillary presidency will be dangerous. Trump presidency will be about the art of the possible. Trump/Pence are right leaders.
27. Attorney General of Arkansas now. Leslie Rutledge. Says sometimes Hillary talks with New York accent, sometime with a southern accent. But Arkansas knows who she is. Rutledge is first female AG of Arkansas. Same office Bill Clinton held when they launched their careers of corruption. Hillary says she was poor leaving White House. Says she is still poor in decision making. Says laws do not apply to her. This is a great speaker. She really hits hard. Why did Hillary take speaking fees from overseas. Hillary would lie even if the truth would serve her better. She just likes to pathologically lie. Rutledge broke the glass ceiling in Arkansas. Don’t need Hillary to do it now. Women care about jobs, economy, national security. This election will shape SCOTUS for generations. Do you want Antonin Scalia to be replaced by Leftist? Trump will support rule of law and rein in federal bureaucrats. Frankly, Hillary needs to go to her own house and not the White House. She can take Ruth Bader Ginsburg with her. It’s time to update your resumes. Trump growing jobs and America will be closed to overregulation and open for business. This woman was GREAT. Felt like future president herself.
28. Former US Attorney General Michael Mukasey. Talks about Hillary mistreating secrets. This is a case against her presidency. She sent and received secret information on a private email system in stead of government system. Without authorization. Then she lied about it. She said that she was told to take batteries out of phones and leave things on the plane when she went to foreign countries, but she didn’t listen or care. She wrote about these things in her book. Chose to use private email overseas in hostile countries with hacking capability. FBI could not figure out if it had been hacked but thinks likely. People she communicated with were hacked. She lied about Benghazi too then said what difference does it make? Makes a big difference. US is only country founded on the law. The Constitution. Hillary Clinton is running for presidency defined by Constitution. Most important power of president is Commander in Chief. Requires president to ensure laws faithfully executed. President must swear to oath to faithfully execute office and preserve, protect, defend Constitution. Hillary took similar oath. But she ignored it. She is asking people to make her first president in history to take Constitutional oath after having been proven to already have violated it. The message to her should be loud and clear and short: NO WAY, HILLARY, NO WAY ON EARTH.
29. Businessman Andy Wist from New York. Grew up in Brooklyn. 140 employees. Too many people out of work now. Things are a mess. Who is going to fix it? Hillary? After 30 years her only accomplishment is beating the rap every time she breaks the law. Trump is builder. he is leader. He will make America work again. I am not a big important person. I am just a regular guy. This November we get to decide what world we leave behind. I want our children and grandchildren to be able to live American dream. Only way we keep it alive is by electing Donald Trump president. He was a very interesting guy.
30. Ron Johnson from Wisconsin next. What different at this point does it make? Ron Johnson is the guy who asked her the question of why she did not call the survivors? Instead she lied to the American people. Lied to family members of those killed in Benghazi. Looked them in the eyes and lied. She continues lying now. If we can’t trust her to tell the truth, how can we trust her to lead America? Let me tell you what difference it makes. We need peace through strength, not withdrawal. He lists all the recent Islamic terror attacks around the world. Islam’s slaughter and brutalizing of innocent victims. When will America actually confront Islam? We won’t if Democrats win in November. Running against Russ Feingold. Only Senator to vote against giving law enforcement equipment. Feingold wants a fourth term. Too dangerous to elect either of them. America needs strong leadership to jump start economy. Strengthen economy. Secure borders. Must defeat Islam. Destroy Muslim terrorists wherever they hide. Should not have to live in fear. This is fight for freedom. This is not someone else’s fight. It is fight we absolutely must win. Trump/Pence must be America’s top priorities. Will be strong leaders. Will achieve goal to unite us all. Safe, prosperous, secure America. Must unify. Work tirelessly. Together save great nation.
31. Chris Cox from NRA now. Talking about freedom to protect your life. Our government has failed to keep us safe. Second Amendment is about protecting your family. Mother at home with baby, violent predator kicks door in. What will the mother do? Police take average of 11 minutes. Should she be able to defend herself in her own home or should she be murdered? That question is on the ballot in November. Here’s why. SCOTUS ruled 8 years ago we have right to defend ourselves. Second Amendment survived by just 1 vote. Hillary Clinton wants to take away the Second Amendment. She wants to take away your right to protect yourself in your own home Hillary Clinton SCOTUS means your right to own a firearm is gone. This election is about next 40 years. Voting for Hillary or not voting is not an option. For rest of her life Hillary Clinton will never have to think of 911. She has Secret Service with guns to protect her everywhere even in the bathroom. It’s easy for her to dismiss a right that she will never have to use. Choice to own a firearm is ours to make. Should not be one set of rules for the Clintons and another set for us. Here is Hillary’s problem: American women are fastest group of gun owners. Millions thinking of getting guns. Donald Trump wants women to have choice to own gun.
32. Pro-Golfer Natalie Golbis. Admires Donald Trump. He encouraged her to think of herself as a fearless business person. Trump keeps encouraging her to lean into challenges. Keep fighting. Be fearless. Desperately need someone to clean up the mess of last 8 years. History of fearlessness and challenging the status quo. Donald Trump will bring that to America.
33. 805pm CST, Trump addresses crowd from view screen. Largest vote total in history of Republican Party. We will win the state of Ohio. We will win the presidency. Bring back jobs. Rebuild depleted military. Strong borders. Defeat Islam. Restore law and order. We will do so many other things. He will tell us about it on Thursday. Make America great again. We will win in November.
34. Mitch McConnell, Senate Majority Leader, appears. Says he’s been around the Clintons more than anyone. Says Clintons tried to defeat him and now he is here to do the same thing to them. Can distinguish between people who want to serve others and those who lie. Hillary will say and do anything to be president. Cannot allow it. Tired of hearing about bounty of government. Tired of struggling financially. Middle class shrink. People complain that no one looking out for them. Obama was at least honest about moving America to far Left. Hillary just lies and lies. She tells the truth about nothing. She even lied about why she was named Hillary. He then goes through a bunch of her lies. She was against things and then she is for them…not since Baghdad Bob has there been a public figure with such a tortured relationship to the truth. If Hillary is president, there will be so many scandals. Scandal follows Clintons like flies. Obama vetoed Obamacare repeal, vetoed Keystone, vetoed defunding Planned Parenthood. Trump will fill Scalia’s seat next year. Senate Republicans will be able to end Common Core and do other great things with a Donald Trump presidency. Hillary will double down on the terrible things that Obama loves to do. Example, Zika virus is spreading. Democrats are blocking efforts to eradicate it. They block efforts to help troops. Why vote for Democrats? Need people who cherish Constitution on the SCOTUS. Keep the Senate and House. Elect people who believe that America is exceptional. God bless America.
35. Dan Sullivan of Alaska and some other freshman Senators. He is really high energy and kind of cute. He is talking about 2014 election. Remember that the Media said that Democrats would take back the Senate in 2014. Look how that didn’t happen. They said that Democrats would win big in 2010 too and that did not happen. The Media just lies and hopes no one remembers because 2 years was so long ago and people have such short attention spans.
36. Paul Ryan is back again. It feels like a bad case of recurring gingivitis. He keeps coming back. Keeps shushing people. He never seems sincere when he speaks. He thanks Cleveland for hosting but he seems so fake, no emotion. Just nodding his head. He is SO BAD at reading the teleprompter. He thinks he can tell jokes. He can’t. He is not funny. I am angry now at how he and Romney just gave up and let Obama win at the end. He is so slimy. He says arguments are signs of life. He said this was year of surprises, but look what Democrats did and picked Hillary. People want change and clean break but the establishment put up Hillary. No one is excited by that. Country wanting change feels like we were cleared for takeoff but then sent back to the gate. I hate that he calls them “Democratic Party”; he should call them Democrat Party. They are Democrats. Don’t call them Democratic. American needs to move on from both Obama and the Clintons. He’s so stupid. He uses word progressive too. Why do that? Why use the words they like? Say LEFTIST. They hate that. There is a reason that people in our country are disappointed and restless. Opportunity is slipping away. He’s such a dummy. He says “liberal” too! Democrats LOVE being called that. They are LEFTISTS. But Ryan refuses to say that. This is such proof that this idiot doesn’t get it. He’s too establishment. Words matter. Don’t use the words your opponent wants you to use. Don’t use words that help your opponent. What an idiot Paul Ryan is. This is an awful speech from the Face of the Establishment. He needs to lose his Congressional seat. He needs to be removed as Speaker. I don’t care how cute he is. He does get it right that Democrats just want to divide and hyphenate people. That’s what they do. We need to stop falling into trap of dividing ourselves along all kinds of identity lines.
37. Kevin McCarthy, House Majority Leader. From California. Not sure why he needed to come speak. He’s just repeating things other people said. Would have rather heard from another regular person with an interesting life story. Too many government people speaking tonight and just repeating things. Having people with gray hair come out and just shout and repeat things is not compelling. Time for break to make a snack while this guy yammers on. People bored with him and getting up and wandering around now.
38. Chris Christie is next. People shouting LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP. Christie says he is going to present facts to people as prosecutor. Says Hillary infected world with her bad judgment. Gets audience to shout GUILTY! after asking if Hillary ruined Libya and caused problems everywhere. He goes through all kinds of things and has the crowd shout GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY! Growing up Catholic, I was an altar boy. During Lent we had this thing called Stations of the Cross, where it was a mass where they would go through each of the steps on the way to Jesus being crucified. And the old ladies would all read together in unison from these little books, and would shout CRUCIFY HIM! in parts that called for it. The priest would talk. People would shout CRUCIFY! him. It would be dark out because it was night in March or April. It was creepy. This is all just like that. GUILTY! GUILTY! CRUCIFY HER! LOCK HER UP! GUILTY! I kind of love this. I hope he does this all over on the campaign trail. People love shouting these things. Chris Christie as AG would be world’s greatest reality show: GUILTY OR NOT GUILTY? He’s like Richard Dawson in movie Running Man. And crowd shouts GUILTY! GUILTY! GUILTY!
39. Tiffany Trump speaks next. Tiffany is charming and elegant. Says she is nervous speaking in front of 10 million people. She seems like a very sweet and nice person. She loves her dad. Wants to talk about his defining qualities. Whatever he does, he gives his all. Desire for excellence. She just graduated from college but is so poised. Very impressive speaker.
40. Person who works at Trump winery speaks next. Says Trump is man of vision, not wide-eyed dreamer. Makes things better for people and communities. Trump winery and hotel, she manages it. He went to work building it, replanting, making it world class destination and largest vineyard in Virginia. Another nice testimonial about him being a business man with smart decisions but also great person to work for who demands and encourages excellence.
41. Donald Trump Jr. is next. He sure is suntanned! He reminds me of the guys who are day traders or dairy futures traders or whatever down in the Loop. I never like these guys. I never can relate to them. They are like an alien species to me. But Donald Jr. seems like a good guy because I think his father would have never allowed him to grow up to be a jerk. Trump changed skyline of New York. He changed skyline of Chicago too. Impossible is just his starting point. It’s funny but Donald Jr does a lot of the same hand gestures as his father does. Can you even imagine your father being nominated to be president. What a weird feeling that would be. Talking about what it was like being Donald Trump’s son. Trump hung out with regular people. Listened to their opinions. Promoted people based on street smarts and character. People started out as blue collar and he pushed them to succeed. He sees potential that they don’t even see in themselves. People who other executives overlook because they do not have fancy names on resumes from Ivy League. He likes people who have doctorates in common sense. Had his kids learn how to drive trucks and work chainsaws. Wanted his kids to learn dignity of hard work from young age. Whoever you are, wherever you are from, you can prosper together. Our immigration system is messed up. Rewards law breaking. Hurts people following the rules. Needs to stop. All Americans deserve opportunities. Talking about how government has gotten in the way of small businesses. Government tipped scales towards big business with Dodd-Frank. Only big guys can afford to hire lawyers to comply with all the regulations. Donald Jr. is a really great speaker. All the Trump kids are great speakers. You can’t have kids turn out this well without having a really great dad shepherding it. Takes great parents to have kids this great. Trump speaks his mind. He is honest. He says what needs to be said and not just what you want to hear. Will unleash greatness. Make America great again, greater than ever before. It was a fantastic speech.
42. Shelley Moore Capito, West Virginia Senator. First woman ever elected to Senate from West Virginia. Says her state is just one big small town. West Virginia ravaged by flooding that claimed lives. Inspired by people who served others despite losing everything. So proud of her state. West Virginians work hard every day. They expect government to do same. Improve economy. Fight for jobs. Obama has put Leftist priorities over livelihoods of West Virginia. Hurt the coal miners. Destroyed communities. Have ripped through heartland. Created pessimism and disgust. Obama administration kicked everyone to curb. Lost trust in government. 2008, Obama said that he would bankrupt coal mines/plants. His actions match words. When you bankrupt a coal company, you deprive communities of livelihood. Obama cost 60,000 coal workers their jobs since 2011. Hillary wants to do more! Says she will put coal miners and coal companies out of business. Put thousands out of work. Wants to devastate coal country. Has anti-coal agenda. This Senator is a really great speaker. She was excellent choice. Tonight not really any bad speakers besides Kevin McCarthy. Lt. Gen Flynn was worst of convention though. That was so bad. Contrasting Hillary’s wealth and privilege with coal miner lives. Extreme carelessness with secrets. Avoids all consequences. She is above the law. She profits from closed door speeches. FBI abandons all credibility to let her off hook. She acts like royalty. Hillary fails to recognize that her policies affect real people. Reminds people of the 2008 Hope and Change styrofoam pillars speech Obama made in Denver. Lower the oceans. Use the EPA as a weapon to harm economy. She says that Obama Regime’s burdensome regulations cost every household $15,000+. This election is important for financial survival. Democrats nominating someone that people distrust. She’s earned this reputation through scandal and mistrust. FBI Director Comey called her negligent and questioned her judgment and that she misled the American people. She squandered trust and discredited the FBI. American people show that they distrust her. She can’t be trusted. She lies all the times. She plays by no rules. She acts like royal. We need trust. No one is above the law. No one who lost the public’s trust should ever serve as president. Hillary will just double down on policies that hurt Americans. WOW…Senator Capito was phenomenal speaker.
43. Dr. Ben Carson. I love Dr. Carson. So great to see him. Says he hates political correctness. It’s what the Left uses to get people to shut up so that they can’t be challenged. Time to stand up and shout out, not shut up. Need to use our power of reasoning. Look at history and character. He talks about Saul Alinsky. Says that Alinsky inspired by Lucifer. The Left wants to kill and destroy God and bring Lucifer to earth. He’s right. This is all about We the People. Jefferson said we would reach this point and the government would grow and try to rule us. Before we turn into something else, we the people would recognize what was happening and we would rise up. Now is the time to take America back! That was a really great speech by Dr. Carson. He will make a great Surgeon General. The book that Megan Fox and I wrote has a LOT in it about Saul Alinsky.
44. Kimberlin Brown, actress. She’s a former soap actress and now a business person and designs things. Says it is offensive when Media targets women as single issue voters. Women can’t be reduced to just one issue. Must secure future for families. California businesswomen for Trump. Women in all fields and professions and ethnicities. Women for Trump. Unreasonable regulations that tie everyone up with red tape. This is destroying business. Destroying farms. She is a really great speaker too. Very smart choice. Talking about how her employees suffer under Obamacare. Young employees angry about Obamacare. Wake up call to them. All voting Trump this year. 1/3 small business owners are women. Talks about productions moving out of country due to regulations and taxes. Production shut down. Big stars not affected but all the little guys were. Plight of men and women who lost livelihoods. She is avocado grower that sees bad trade deals flood markets, destroy businesses. People forced to cut down groves because of bad trade policies. There will be a time soon for a woman president, but it should not be Hillary Clinton. This is a woman who did not have the chance to stand up for women, she attacked women, she enabled Bill Clinton’s victimization, she knows some of Bill’s victims. Her comments are comments of convenience only. If we are to prosper as a nation, need leader who will shake things up. President who will bring common sense regulations and eliminated unnecessary ones. Fix tax system. Need someone who needs to build things and create jobs. Who knows how to negotiate. Tackle problems head on. Need TRUE PROGRESS. The Left has attacked her nonstop since it was announced she was the speaker. Left wants to silence those they disagree with. WOW! She was such a great and powerful speaker. Great way to end the convention for the night.
— That is a wrap until 730pm tomorrow, 7/20/16 —
What are your thoughts?
If you enjoyed this live recap of the live stream, let me know if you’d like to see more the remaining days and if you’d like me to sit through the Democrats’ convention too. If you’d like to read it, I don’t mind doing it if there is interest.
Some thoughts on today’s headlines:
1. Melania Trump’s Rick Roll last night feels like something ingeniously setup to force the Left to talk about Melania today…and encourage people who didn’t watch the convention last night to watch her wonderful speech. It seems odd to me that seconds after she finished speaking that the Left was already accusing her of “plagiarism.” That would be like you shouting “plagiarist!” at the person at the next breakfast booth if he or she ordered the same pancakes as you did, with bacon on the side the way you like yours too. The truth is that political wives have only so many things they say in speeches like these, where they talk about why they want people to vote for their husbands. These speeches are usually very well-received in the moment that America often hears the spouse speak for the first time ever, but are then largely forgotten as other events during a convention unfold. There was little chance that the Media as an entity would give Melania Trump much attention because of the simple fact that showcasing a beautiful immigrant who assimilated and learned English and followed the rules in America is not conducive to the Left’s current agenda (especially since that beautiful and appealing immigrant is the wife of Donald Trump). Clearly Melania didn’t write her speech. Few people in public life write their own remarks or tweak them…or even see them before they go up onto a teleprompter. As a model, Melania’s life experience has been to follow her script when in front of cameras and she does it very well. Speech writing is tough because memorable phrases tend to gel and stick in memory and emerge when someone is writing on the same topic that has been written about many times before. It’s suspicious that Democrats ran Melania Trump’s remarks through what appears to be an academic “TurnItIn” style text-checker (for those who have been out of school a long time, TurnItIn is one of several websites that universities use that forces students to submit papers to be scanned and rated for uncited sources). Then they jumped excitedly onto what they deemed a “scandal.” I just wonder if that wasn’t planned from the beginning and it was all just a trap for the Left. Someone as media savvy as Trump has to know that the Left is always looking for something to use as a weapon. Was this all a way to guarantee that the Media would want to talk about nothing else but Melania Trump all day today and directly compare her to the current First Lady? That’s a comparison that is not flattering to Michelle Obama or Democrats. If given the choice between Melania or Michelle, who would want Michelle to be First Lady? When given a choice between Melania and Bill as First Spouse, who would choose Bill? The Left also instantly started making fun of Melania’s accent, which is dangerous ground for them because she’s an immigrant who actually followed the rules and assimilated and joined the American Melting Pot. I’d love to see the Trump campaign have Melania talk about the Melting Pot and how we need to get back to that. The Salad Bowl or Tee-Vee Dinner models (where immigrants never assimilate and instead form little colonies within our country that exist as parallel societies) has led to destruction of national identity. Melting Pot success stories need to be played up through November and the Salad Bowl/Tee-Vee Dinner thinking has to come to an end along with the rest of political correctness.
2. I greatly enjoyed the speakers at the Convention last night and plan on watching this evening as well. The CSPAN live feed proved to be the most reliable. The GOP’s official stream on YouTube cut out during Jeff Sessions’ speech, so I had to switch over to CSPAN. I’m just going to use CSPAN this evening. Breitbart.com has great convention coverage during the day if you want to listen to talking heads that are actually decent to listen to. CSPAN is really great because it has no commentary, only the live stream playing.
3. It’s hard for me to wrap my head around a lot of what I see on conservative sites these days. There are a lot of people who seem like they want Hillary Clinton to win the election. I don’t get that at all. This election is fascinating to me because it is the first time that Republicans have run someone who speaks the truth, is blunt, and is not politically correct. I have long believed that this is what Americans are hungry for and that people are sick to death of the establishment and political correctness. They are sick and tired of politicians like John McCain and Mitt Romney who were so meek and mild and milquetoast…and oh so politically correct. Americans are a people with a cowboy, Wild West, pioneer, speak truth to power culture. We are not a people who respond well to sniveling elites and aristocrats. For some reason, Republicans came to believe that they have to behave in a meek and mild and step-on-no-toes way…but voters clearly reject that. Ronald Reagan sure as hell never was like that…but come to think of it George H.W. Bush started all this with his “compassionate conservatism.” 2016 is really the end of Bushism and the Cocktail Party consultant class that engendered. Americans want a kickass country. We want to stand up to Islam and not be afraid to call out our enemies and take the fight to them. Americans do not want mousiness and dithering and meekness. I think the people who are so anti-Trump are people who like the Cocktail Party the way that it is, either because they benefit from it or they always dreamed of being invited to join it themselves. For those of us who either never wanted to be in the Cocktail Party ranks or were people who would never receive such invitations, the end of the Bush-ist Cocktail Party is a happy day. For me, it’s equally thrilling seeing this unfold in my hometown. If you believe that people who should have voted against Obama in 2008 and 2012 stayed home because they just couldn’t go along with supporting the Cocktail Party Elite, then you should see that Trump is the farthest thing possible from that Establishment. Now is people’s chance to cause the entire establishment (on both sides) to collapse. What comes next will be light years better than what we’ve had in the extend Bush Era of Cocktail Partying. Trump will win votes from people who never dreamed of being Republican because Trump doesn’t feel like a stereotypical Republican the way that Romney, McCain, and Dole were. The Media created a new world where the President was the nation’s top celebrity and set the stage for the pendulum to swing towards Trump. This really is his year and all momentum is with him. Not sure why anyone who doesn’t want Hillary in the White House would try to stop that.
What else is on your minds today?
Read the rest of this entry »